Riverdale High School
- Create, organize and implement art lessons about the use of different art techniques for a fun and enthusiastic environment for children (campers ages 5-12)
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with participants (campers ages 5-12) in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to animate 10 to 20 children
- Dynamic, energetic and punctual
- Experience working with children
- create an environment where kids can express themselves freely while nurturing their artistic abilities
- Plans and provides instruction that is appropriate to the ability level of different age groups and makes the activity appealing and fun.
- Student will be responsible for researching and coordinating of supplies needed for lessons.
- Maintains a record of activities and/or camper progress for each group
- Engages children in art activities
- Oversee the production of paintings, drawings, sculptures and more.
- Monitors and interacts with children to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to equipment, supplies, other children, and surroundings.
- Teachers should be patient, motivating and trustworthy
- Cleans and maintains the area in which art classes will be taught.
- Articulates extensive knowledge of the Youth Stars Dance, Sports and Arts Camp, and it’s services, policies, and procedures
- Sets up and puts away art equipment, supplies and materials used.
- Enthusiasm and creativity are assets, as are strong organizational skills
- Attends staff meetings
- Ensures safe and effective classes. Responds to, and reports, accidents and incidents
- Explain and demonstrate activities to participants
- Inspire and motivate children to attend each class and encourages each child to be creative and use art as a form of expression in their daily lives.
- Bilingualism is required
- Infant/Child and Adult CPR/AED required.
- Student will be responsible and required to take a CPR/AED course (if they are not already certified) organized by the Youth Stars Foundation, prior to their employment start date.
- Background check will be required
Indeed - 17 months ago