The Works Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun atmosphere, good co-workers, good learning experince
Server (Current Employee), OrleansFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on meals
Cons: couldn't provide enough hours
Overall was a fun place to work, the co-workers were always smiling and supportive. The atmosphere was very fun and laid back. It was a very unique store to work at. Hardest part of the job was learning all of the burger toppings, but it was worth it because of the clientele it brought in. Always great customers. I particularly enjoyed the music there, as it was classic rock as oppose to top 40 that plays in majority of restaurants.
Very comfortable work place.
Cook (Former Employee), Kanata, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free meals, excellent co-workers
Cons: very fast pace environment on weekends.
I was accommodated extremely well. Moved out west for 3 months and was taken back the moment I returned home. Hours were very flexible and I mostly always got the shifts I asked for which is very hard to find nowadays. Management is very friendly and easy to get along with, as well as fellow co-workers. I learned hard work always goes a long way. Hardest part of the job was the fast-pace environment but fellow co-workers always made it easier (keeping each other in a good mood, always joking around with each other). Always received a free meal per shift which helped a lot with not having to bring food (plus the food there is delicious).
enjoyble people to work with
Prep Chef (Current Employee), Toronto ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: can listen to music
Cons: repetitive labour, minimum wage
I would first place all inventory in the fridge, in there rightful place and order. I would than prep for the daliy food items, such as caramelized onions, and baked bacon. I would press over 200 beef patties. I would make different sauces and prepare other such items that are on the menu. The management are young and energetic and are involved in there day to day business. The hardest part is pressing patties for sometimes 4 hours. The most enjoyable part are the friendly co -workers.
Still being fairly new, the requirements needed for the business to function were unattainable
KITCHEN LEAD (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: 50% off meal on your shift
Cons: poor training, no free pop or coffee, only water, nowhere to sit and eat lunch
Having worked with such a wonderful product in terms of freshness, and care taken in order to make every item on the menu, I could not help to think that the management of the company was lacking in many ways.. The maturity level in the (heart of house) was very low as there were a large number of inexperienced, part-time students hired to do a job that requires a solid knowledge of how a line kitchen functions.

The food is great but without capabilities and real knowledge of how to build and maintain a solid team to keep it at its highest quality, it will just end up as another unfortunate commercial building for lease.
The Works in the Glebe is a fun and comfortable place to work but when it's time to work, we work.
Hostess (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 21, 2013
Pros: 50% off
Cons: not a lot of hours
I mostly work at night when it is busier. I greet the customers at the door and take them to their seats where i ask if they have been to the works before and explain the specials we have on at the time. When it gets busy I have to start a wait list which i would say is the hardest part of my job. However customers are usually understanding and willing to wait. I love my co-workers, everyone is friendly and good with communication. They are my favorite part of my job along with talking to the customers.
Amazing envrionment
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), St. John's, NLNovember 4, 2013
Pros: job is on campus
I absolutely love working here. The people are great, I get along beautifully with my coworkers. The gym regulars are always a laugh! It has helped me be even more self-motivated then I already was because I have to work by myself. Only leaving here because I am moving back to Philadelphia in April. (Dual Citizenship)
fun fast paced company
Cook (Current Employee), Ottawa OntarioOctober 31, 2013
dealing with a grill on your right and a fryer on your left could be little dangerous, but kind of fun especially with a young environment, managers lay back but not enough money,
nice place to work on while studying full time
Facility Attendant (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 22, 2013
Pros: adjustable shifts
Cons: long hours, keep walking
nice place
easy to work over their along with full time
adjustable shift
less work load
productive and enjoyable work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free meals
Cons: having trouble getting a ride to work
lots of cleaning
learned how to work in a fast paced environment
management was excellent
co-workers enjoyable and happy to help
hardest part of the job was having to move heavy objects such as kegs
i enjoyed working with the people