The WORKS Gourmet Burger Bistro Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work if you put your head to it and work hard.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 1, 2016
It was my first kitchen job ever and I was hired on a whim almost at the last minute before the store opened. We did two weeks training witch didn't feel like much and we all struggled when the restaurant opened Canada day 2015. The management was very helpful and made sure everyone got the help they needed and with in 3 weeks after opening we all had everything down to the teeth and we begin working without managers and trainers in the kitchen just the kitchen supervisor. Don't be fooled by the family atmosphere, if you don't work hard then you will be fired on the spot. Its a kitchen and it will get extremely busy and will be extremely stressful. If you put your mind to it and always make sure you are helping out where you can then you will make it at The WORKS. I loved working there and miss it everyday since I had to move out of Niagara Falls. I became part of a family their, and everyone their became my family. Just make sure you always ask for help and never stand there playing with your thumbs. always ask if there is something you can be doing to help. even if its not what you were assigned to be doing.
Awesome place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pros: Half price off your meals!!!
Cons: Not enough hours for me as I am at the bottom of the totem poll.
It is an amazing establishment with delicious food and tons of options especially for people with gluten allergies and vegans! The management is top notch and very helpful and considerate!
Never a dull moment
GM/Corporate Manager Trainer (Current Employee), Ottawa, OnAugust 30, 2015
Pros: bonus is achievable
Cons: Long hours
It's a fun and exciting environment. Never a dull moment from dealing with the staff to our guest there is always something to do and keep you on your toes.

The WORKS is all about the guest. We are there to make there experience the most enjoyable! There is a lot of paper work more then the average restaurant. The staff is why people come back again and again.
The Works -Hamilton
Server (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 13, 2014
The works was one of the funnest and most organized workplace I have ever had a chance to work in. I had some of the greatest co-workers and got to me some of the most interesting customers. The Management team, which though it was quite small, was extremely organized and flexible. The managers always made sure to explain task thoroughly and ensure that everyone was on the same page to ensure our performance with the guest was on point. The most enjoy part of this job included pleasing the guest and knowing that you provided them with service that will keep them coming back and also having coworkers that work so close as a team that it almost felt like one big family.
very productive always moving always something to do enviorment
Line Cook & assisted the kitchen manager (Current Employee), Guelph, OnJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free meal every shift you work
amazing crew amazing boss's one of the best places an restaurants ive ever worked i dont ant to leave them if there was one in victoria bc i would apply without a doubt. i would recommend applying there for anyone with 2-3 years of kitchen experience an more or to get more