The WORKS Gourmet Burger Bistro Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
productive workplace
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 May 2016
Individualized one-on-one employment consultation to guide you through your job search
Support with all aspects of employment preparation
Referral and access to funded programs such as Second Career, Self-Employment Benefit program and Job Creation Partnership
Access to the Ottawa Job Match Network for Internationally Educated Professionals
Pros
free lunches
excellent staff
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 April 2016
I was only an Intern at the Head office, however It was one of the best experiences of my life. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly and I learned so much in my time there.
Pros
Free lunch!
Great place to work if you put your head to it and work hard.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON1 February 2016
It was my first kitchen job ever and I was hired on a whim almost at the last minute before the store opened. We did two weeks training witch didn't feel like much and we all struggled when the restaurant opened Canada day 2015. The management was very helpful and made sure everyone got the help they needed and with in 3 weeks after opening we all had everything down to the teeth and we begin working without managers and trainers in the kitchen just the kitchen supervisor. Don't be fooled by the family atmosphere, if you don't work hard then you will be fired on the spot. Its a kitchen and it will get extremely busy and will be extremely stressful. If you put your mind to it and always make sure you are helping out where you can then you will make it at The WORKS. I loved working there and miss it everyday since I had to move out of Niagara Falls. I became part of a family their, and everyone their became my family. Just make sure you always ask for help and never stand there playing with your thumbs. always ask if there is something you can be doing to help. even if its not what you were assigned to be doing.
Awesome place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 November 2015
It is an amazing establishment with delicious food and tons of options especially for people with gluten allergies and vegans! The management is top notch and very helpful and considerate!
Pros
Half price off your meals!!!
Cons
Not enough hours for me as I am at the bottom of the totem poll.
Never a dull moment
GM/Corporate Manager Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, On30 August 2015
It's a fun and exciting environment. Never a dull moment from dealing with the staff to our guest there is always something to do and keep you on your toes.

The WORKS is all about the guest. We are there to make there experience the most enjoyable! There is a lot of paper work more then the average restaurant. The staff is why people come back again and again.
Pros
bonus is achievable
The Works -Hamilton
Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 August 2014
The works was one of the funnest and most organized workplace I have ever had a chance to work in. I had some of the greatest co-workers and got to me some of the most interesting customers. The Management team, which though it was quite small, was extremely organized and flexible. The managers always made sure to explain task thoroughly and ensure that everyone was on the same page to ensure our performance with the guest was on point. The most enjoy part of this job included pleasing the guest and knowing that you provided them with service that will keep them coming back and also having coworkers that work so close as a team that it almost felt like one big family.
very productive always moving always something to do enviorment
Line Cook & assisted the kitchen manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, On28 July 2014
amazing crew amazing boss's one of the best places an restaurants ive ever worked i dont ant to leave them if there was one in victoria bc i would apply without a doubt. i would recommend applying there for anyone with 2-3 years of kitchen experience an more or to get more
Pros
free meal every shift you work