AEROSPACE ELECTRONICS COMPANY
Reporting to the Software Manager, the Intermediate Software Designer/Engineer requires advanced formal engineering or computer science education and training, superior problem solving skills and independent decision-making ability.
Responsibilities includes, coordinating software development tasks, designing and implementing software systems in a team setting. Systems typically require the analysis, design and development of real-time control algorithms, sensor interfaces, serial and other communications interfaces.
- Perform hardware, software and interfaces trade off and feasibility studies
- Analyze and develop software architecture and structured software design by formal and/or model-based methodologies
- Perform software requirement analysis, software design, software implementation and software verification
- Perform modeling, simulation and verification of control algorithms
- Perform software traceability analysis from system requirements to software design and implementation
- Perform and support hardware and software integration and troubleshooting at target level
- Develop software verification and validation processes
- Perform software unit testing, software integration testing and hardware software integration testing activities
- Develop and support certification processes and reviews (SOI)
- Analyze, generate and review software life cycle data packages for DO-178B certification
- Mentor and review the work of junior software engineering employees
- Perform activities as assigned by the Software Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience in multi-disciplines team setting in Software and Engineering Industries
- Strong competence in C and Assembler languages
- Working experience with proven development abilities to design, test and to deliver embedded real time software systems
- Minimum 4 years experience with embedded systems and real-time operating systems using C/C++ programming languages
- Minimum 2 years experience with integrated software development environment (SDE) tools and scripting languages (Python)
- Minimum 2 years working experience on MPC55xx, ARM7 and Cortex-Mx micro-controller series
- Experience with DO-178B processes or equivalent formal certification processes
- Working experience on formal and model-based software design and implementation methodologies and models (Simulink, SCADE)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organization skills and able to meet tight deadlines
- Professionally registered (P. Eng) in Ontario (or have the ability to obtain such registration)
*****Only candidates who we feel meet all critetia will be contacted for interviews. Thank You.
THE WOHL GROUP HELPS COMPANIES IN CANADA MAKE HIRING NEW CANDIDATES AS SIMPLE AND EFFICIENT AS EVER. AS STRATEGIC RECRUITING SPECIALISTS, WE...