AEROSPACE ELECTRONICS COMPANY
Reporting to the Software Manager, the Intermediate Software Designer/Engineer requires advanced formal engineering or computer science education and training, superior problem solving skills and independent decision-making ability.
Responsibilities includes, coordinating software development tasks, designing and implementing software systems in a team setting. Systems typically require the analysis, design and development of real-time control algorithms, sensor interfaces, serial and other communications interfaces.
- Perform hardware, software and interfaces trade off and feasibility studies
- Analyze and develop software architecture and structured software design by formal and/or model-based methodologies
- Perform software requirement analysis, software design, software implementation and software verification
- Perform modeling, simulation and verification of control algorithms
- Perform software traceability analysis from system requirements to software design and implementation
- Perform and support hardware and software integration and troubleshooting at target level
- Develop software verification and validation processes
- Perform software unit testing, software integration testing and hardware software integration testing activities
- Develop and support certification processes and reviews (SOI)
- Analyze, generate and review software life cycle data packages for DO-178B certification
- Mentor and review the work of junior software engineering employees
- Perform activities as assigned by the Software Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience in multi-disciplines team setting in Software and Engineering Industries
- Strong competence in C and Assembler languages
- Working experience with proven development abilities to design, test and to deliver embedded real time software systems
- Minimum 4 years experience with embedded systems and real-time operating systems using C/C++ programming languages
- Minimum 2 years experience with integrated software development environment (SDE) tools and scripting languages (Python)
- Minimum 2 years working experience on MPC55xx, ARM7 and Cortex-Mx micro-controller series
- Experience with DO-178B processes or equivalent formal certification processes
- Working experience on formal and model-based software design and implementation methodologies and models (Simulink, SCADE)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organization skills and able to meet tight deadlines
- Professionally registered (P. Eng) in Ontario (or have the ability to obtain such registration)
*****Only candidates who we feel meet all critetia will be contacted for interviews. Thank You.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
THE WOHL GROUP HELPS COMPANIES IN CANADA MAKE HIRING NEW CANDIDATES AS SIMPLE AND EFFICIENT AS EVER. AS STRATEGIC RECRUITING SPECIALISTS, WE...