The individual will block rooms, ensure the check in and check out process is flawless, respond to guest inquiries, taking In Room Dining orders, and responding to guest request items and needs in a professional, friendly, and efficient Westin manner. The individual will use the front office and reservations computer systems to efficiently handle all guest transactions as well as solving problems to the guest’s satisfaction.
- 3-5 years of experience in the hospitality industry required
- Experience with problem resolution and decision making, excellent attention to detail
- English speaking, reading, and writing skills as well as the ability to communicate in at least 1 additional language is mandatory
- Numeracy skills: exchange foreign currency, provide change and stamps, balance cash, calculate charges and maintain accurate guest accounts, process payments
- Ability to work both with minimum supervision and with others
- Computer skills: word processing, internet, spreadsheet software, database software, computerized reservation system
- Temporary, full-time position
- Completed ProServe Certification
- Criminal Record Check
- Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of Edmonton and its attractions
- Willing to work shifts, weekends, days, nights, and evenings
- Phone and fax: multi-line switchboard, processing calls and wake-up calls, taking room service orders; professionally answering calls within three rings; ensuring guest messages and faxes are received promptly, calling back guests to ensure needs are met; providing information on hotel services and local attractions
- Attend to special requests: courier packages, business services, etc.
- Registering guests upon arrival using hotel standards, ensuring guests are blocked to rooms that match their request/profile
- Employer will provide accommodations for the first three weeks and will then assist the individual in finding accommodations.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience, $13.50-18/hr for approximately 36 hours of work per week.
Vision, Dental, Disability, Pension Plan, and Life Insurance Benefits available once the requisite employment period has been met.
Indeed - 22 months ago