The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

Educational
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBDecember 7, 2015
Was a fun place to work while Cooperate owned. Once private owned they changed the rules and policies as they saw fit and didn't communicate changes to lower management or crew until they saw you do something wrong.
Pros
30% off meals while working 10% when not working
Cons
Not enough communction
Quick-paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 28, 2016
The management has much opportunity to observe the workers, sometimes too much. It's a very small place with a lot of people working. The customers were great, but management was very strict.
Great workplace with the opportunities to use our skills and to learn more
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 15, 2016
Very friendly team and management. Great learning place specially for people in customer service industry. Great Place for work and fun.
Great place as a first job, but not willing getting treated poorly over.
Crew Member / Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONOctober 21, 2015
Overall working at Wendy's was not a bad experience, it helped me gain great skills while working with people and to be more outgoing. The working environment was not the greatest, but I did enjoy the people I worked with. Management was not the greatest either, they did not take anyone serious. If an employee was hurt, they were told to "suck it up and continue their shift." Unless, they were able to find someone to cover for them. I was always treated very unfair and poorly, especially since I was promoted to manager which does seem odd because I was always a fast and hard-worker, which usually that would be something you get rewarded for, but not at Wendy's.
Pros
Fellow crew members, and the customers
Cons
Management, salary, the lack of concern for the health and safety of other employee's.
Wendys
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mission, BCMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at work would be getting asssigned to do a certain job and position. Communicating with other crew workers to help provide excellent service
Pros
50% off meal
Cons
some customers were rude
Good survial job
Crew Member, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 15, 2015
Bad benefits, good work hours and management and experience. good for survival job. Lots of skills get polished. But because of too many managers, it becomes difficult to carry out orders from 3 people since many a times they clash with each other. They don't want to spend on employees but from a survival point of view its ok if you don't get anything else
Pros
job profile
benefits
Hardworking and fun environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
-Managers were nice and helpful
-Learned how to maintain the cooking equipment within the restaurant
-Unload and organize food shipments
-Friendly environment
No 2 days were the same
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONApril 3, 2016
Interacting with guests, co-workers were great, learned a great deal about running a company, not only from a customer point of view, but also from the business point of view.
fun and competitive environment
Cashier, Sandwich Maker, Grill (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
very busy and enjoyable. time management skills are key. Hardest part of jobs is closing but I got used to it. Co workers are great and friendly. Awesome environment to work in.
Change in Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 10, 2015
When I started there the management was great, but eventually changed and was in a very long period of flux which made it hard to get any consistency. I was called on my days off regularly to come in and fill in for someone, to the point where I would stop answering my phone.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
Called in on days off
Fun and positive work place
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONOctober 1, 2015
A typical day at work involved taking orders, aging food, making sandwiches and communicating with customers and other employees. While working there I learned to deal with customer issues, we often felt with the customers ourselves instead of involving a manager. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting the amazing people that I was fortunate enough to meet.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Managers could get very rude
its a best way to connect with and work with other people
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 17, 2016
You get to connect with different companies and work with awesome people here. It will be a pleasure to join skip the dishes and work with them.
pays bills
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 1, 2016
Job is repetitive and the hours are long. Boss don't replace broken equipment, and we often run out of food because they are trying to cut down on food costs.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
no raises, long hours
great place to work too
Cashier/Sandwich Maker/Drive-thru Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 3, 2016
meeting new people everyday
maintaining the cash and restaurant
policies.
cleaning dining areas
stocking up after day ends.
great bosses
Station leader for morning and afternoon prep (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 6, 2016
this was m first job and i learned an awful lot. i worked with people everyday and i loved that i really did well in the customer service field
Baptism of Fire
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2015
There are a number of areas that are begging for improvement in both the management as well as the crew level.

If most of the grey areas and concerns are addressed, then working conditions, customer relations and employee morale would be given the much needed boost.
Pros
Learned how to say "Thank You" in several languages, I taught myself sign language for our special needs customers
Cons
cavendum opifici
Productive and fun workplace
front line cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 20, 2016
Learned working in coordination with the co- workers.
Enjoyed interacting with the customers.
The management staff was really helpful.
good place to start and find your skills
Meat cook dishwasher drive through cash (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONSeptember 17, 2015
good place to start and learn about yourself but must be alright with the hours. usually are asked to stay for atleast one night close which is until 1 am. If you are going to school do not get this job because you will be dead tired.
I worked here when i was in grade 10 and all my shifts were closes.
I would come home at 1:30 am and be up for school at 7 am when I was only 16. Needless to say may grades started to slip.

Good place to prove yourself and good for getting recognized when working hard.

The best part is 50% off meals :D
Pros
50% off meals :D
Cons
late shifts
Great work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QCMarch 15, 2016
A great quality fast food restaurant with good management with hard working employees who aim at providing fresh quality food
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
Long Hours
Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 7, 2016
It was a good job the hours were good and I liked the people. It was just very difficult to work full time hours while going to school at the same time.