The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,012 reviews matching the search
Wendy's (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON13 February 2017
Great place to meet new people and improve your communication skills. It's a fun working environment with wonderful managers and employee's. Hard work is always appreciated.
Pros
easy going
Probably the best co-workers you'll ever meet
Front/Drive Thru Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ON12 February 2017
The atmosphere is very inviting, the employees are the best part. They make your shifts better because everyone is friendly and always cracking jokes. The work can get hectic and difficult but it becomes easier the more you do it. I learned a lot about multi-tasking, time management (since I was in university at the same time). Management is pretty good, they can be a little hard on your sometimes but it's not because they hate you, they just want things to get done the right way.
Pros
Free lunches to one employee each week with the best performance
Cons
30min break
Nice to work
Responsible for the full management of the store. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2017
Nice place to work .
as a beginner is frustrating sometimes to adjust with all work environment.
As a Manager i learn lots of work technic .
how to manage employee, build the store goal, build the personal goal, how will stay calm in any critical situation and lot more...
Pros
50% discount for manager meal.
Cons
at least ten hours worked a day
Very productive job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2017
A typical day at work would be constant hard work.
Making sure store is up to standards with extra cleaning.
Motivated and focused
happy to work at wendys fast food restaurant
Cashier and Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
a typical day at work is washing dishes, working the front cash, working the drive thru and cleaning the restaurant

i learned how to operate the front cash and work in a busy and fast paced environment

management is on point

workplace culture is fast food

the hardest part of the job is stress that it can sometimes bring to a persons body and mind

the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with other employess and customers
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
not always enough hours
Productive and fast-paced
Sandwich maker, customer service (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 February 2017
- A typical day at work was fast, always busy
- I learned how to be more social by talking to customers, how to work faster
- Management was okay they were fun to work with
- The hardest part of the job was actually talking to people at the start of the job
- The most enjoyable part was making a lot of new friends and gaining experience
Fun place to work at, great attitudes
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 February 2017
-a typlical day at work involves alot of cleaning, food preperation, interacting with customers, and basic problem solving
-I learned many customer service skills, food safety skills, basic cooking skills, and basic business skills
-Good management
-Good workplace culture, we were a very diverse group
-meeting time requirements (drive thru times) was one of the hardest parts as there was much pressure to get lower times
-the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, meeting new people and making friends with co-workers
Pros
50% off one meal at the beginning or end of shift
Cons
no guaranteed hours
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 February 2017
Working with this company provided me the ability to handle and successfully complete tasks under pressure. A typical day at work would include restocking products, cleaning tables, moping the floor, taking orders and most importantly making sure the customer had an overall great experience.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
An overall good company to work for
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 February 2017
The Wendy's company is great for first time workers and can if you strive for advancement you can generally gain it. You learn many common practice skills in the fast food industry and you get to see first hand the quality and safety that's put into every meal.
Pros
Employe Discount and Understanding Employers
Cons
Stressful rushes
Great Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 February 2017
I was a great place to work with a fun group of people. The had a lot of crew building tools to help advance your position if that is what you chose to do
Cooperation and hard work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC3 February 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Wendy's. I was able to be a part of a well functioning and productive team. Throughout my experience, I have learned impeccable people skills and problem solving. The management was well rounded and able to show compassion for their staff. Naturally, every job will its obstacles but being a part of the Wendy's team it has better prepared me to be able to handle any challenge given to me. Overall, Wendy's has been a pleasure to work for.
Pros
Staff was easy to get a long with
Cons
Late nights
A job at Wendys
Crew Member/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON3 February 2017
Wendys is a great starting job to give you necessary skills to grow and become an adult. Working here has taught me a lot about work but also about people too. You learn about working with food, cleaning and time management skills. It also teaches you how to work and be apart of a team. Management is great here. There's nothing too hard about working here.
It was okay, it payed the bills
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON2 February 2017
All the days begin to blend. This is precarious work at it's finest. There is little room for advancement. I would not recommend for a serious adult with real responsible. It's great first job but do not get too comfortable.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
discount on food
Very Busy
Crew (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2017
Busiest location in London, always productive, made a lot of friends while working there, there wasn't a lot of room to move up since you had to move locations to do so. The management was sometimes disrepectful to employees.
Good company
Closing Cashier (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON2 February 2017
Fun fast paced work environment. Stock condiments, customer satisfaction, handle money, clean washrooms. I learned more about fast food, got better at cash, and speed for orders
Pros
Good co wrokers
Cons
It is a nice place for very hardworking people for a low rate
Service Crew (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 January 2017
I appreciate to get this kind of work experience. But the atmosphere at work can vary depends on team work and support: it can exist and absent as well.

You will figure out a definition of "Work under pressure" after you will meet every day service time goal and how much multitasking and hardworking you supposed to be.

Your actions are over-controlled by supervisors and you change your work position a lot.
Pros
One-time 50% discount for crew member during work shift
Cons
Unpaid break
Repetitive, and not for me.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 January 2017
The job wasn't horrible. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the work wasn't too easy or too hard. I was just bored. Constantly doing the same tasks everyday, with nearly the same customers over and over again gets old quickly. Management was decent, but not as professional as they should be. I enjoyed the hours and the schedule was catered to my personal life.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Repetitive
Productive, efficient
Crew (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 January 2017
This was my first job. It was a fast paced, fun and busy work place. I met so many great people who I worked with for nearly two years. Im grateful for this experience because it taught me how having a good work ethic would benefit me in situations where a leader was needed but not provided.
Fun workplace
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  1460 Kennedy Road30 January 2017
I worked at wendys for over 2 years and it was good, i learned so many stuff such as teamwork and other things. the most enjoyable part of the job is when iget my apartment. now i quit and i realy need a job to aable to pay for my apartment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 January 2017
It was a good job and fun filled.
Good managers.
Helpful trainers.
Learned very well how to satisfy customer needs.
My overall experience at this job was good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9