The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

great job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  McKeough, ON8 October 2016
Fast paced customer satisfaction oriented environment. I enjoyed working here and I worked well with others. It was a team based position where everyone worked together to keep customers happy.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
too far from home
Productive and fun workplace
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC8 August 2016
- Learned to work under stressful situations
- When in need, Co-workers were very helpful in helping with work I was unable to do
- Communication amongst others was a difficult thing for me
- Being able to work with my family friend
- They managed to keep me busy every hour of my shifts
it was fun place to work but most of the time was hard working
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  7235 Keele St, Vaughan, ON L4K 5W54 October 2016
It was hard working job. it pays minimum wages which can not help me to maintain my studies or living. Living in Toronto cost me a lot of money. Wendy's did not give me a flexible hours.
Do not work at wendys in ck, on!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 June 2016
The job it's self was typical of fast food work.. really fast paced, easy work, VERY LOW HOURS (managers have favourites) no breaks etc. However the management and employees are worse than any high school clique I've ever heard of! Crew members making others lives miserable, bullying to the point of one girl having a panic attack and needing an ambulance! It is an UNREAL work environment and not in a good way! They took away employee discounts because the GM was stealing money and they decided it was due to employees discounts. Management still gets a free meal though.. No perks for regular crew!! If you have a chance to find a job else where I'd do so! I spent 6 years working there and it was the worst six years of my life.
Pros
I was paid.
Cons
Pretty much everything else is awful.
Fun , outgoing staff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON14 November 2016
Even when not busy we're open until 11, everyone helps each other and really great staff and managers to work with , reason why I still work here :):)
Pros
Half off meals
Cons
Called in randomly on off days
Fun, easy going, flexible hours
Cashier & Food Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON8 September 2016
Overall, Wendy's is a wonderful place to work. The staff is caring and friendly and the hours can be adjusted according to your schedule needs. I would recommend for new workers/ students.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive challenging work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 July 2016
A typical day at work would be your regular duties in your station and a very busy work place. Co-workers are really nice and you learn a-lot of different skills like multitasking. The best part of the job is when your doing something you enjoy example when I sometimes do drive thru.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with a family atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 December 2016
This is a fun challenging environment to work in with people from all walks of life, they are friendly for the most part. I learned how vital it is to work as a team in an environment like this or it affects everybody. I learned a lot about time management and learning how to keep a cool head and a positive attitude when things get hectic. Management doesn't usually feel like management because we're usually having fun while working together to reach common goals in the workplace, even though the job itself can be quite challenging and stressful. My co workers are also a lot of fun, everyone usually gets along, we enjoy working together. The hardest part of the job is multitasking (cleaning/stocking up) during busy rushes. This is otherwise a really fun job, it's a great experience with really nice people to work with.
Pros
A fun and challenging experience, great people to work with, 50% off food
Cons
stressful, busy, physically challenging, difficult customers, long hours, a lot of cleaning, mostly night shifts available
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  2400 Dundas street west12 August 2016
Wendy's was fun to work at, it helped me build up work experience but after 4 years it is time for something new.
I learned many different skills like taking orders, cleaning, customer service, dealing with complaints, and working effectively with a team.
Pros
50% off
Cons
not reliable shifts
exciting place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
A fast paced funfilled environment to work ,
very cooperative management and co workers ,
meeting new people every day and assisting them in best possible way,
customer centric policies ,nice people and place to work
Pros
discounted food
Cons
not any
Do not join
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 December 2016
Terrible management, low pay, insulting staff. its like you give your all and in return ,you get 5%.the hardest part to please management. they don't care about customer or staff. its all about money.
Great co workers and good food
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON7 June 2016
Pretty good place to work, very fast pace. Teaches you how to deal with rude and obnoxious customers. The management for the most part was great and very understanding when learning new tasks. The co workers were amazing a fun group of people. The hardest part was keeping a fast pace to maintain drive thru times. The best part of the Job was by far the people I got the pleasure to work with.
Pros
Half of at Lunch
Cons
Certain General Mangers were very unpleasant
Horrible management very racist towards white people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK19 July 2016
Could not stand it felt unappreciated low pay no raise or promotion after doing what asked to deserve one. There was no true team work put all the work on me and my friend no good came from this. Was fired for not getting a doctors note for having h1n1
Pros
Discount
Cons
work is fun and like a family
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
typical day at work is a busy one. No work and life balance. management are friendly, coworkers are all hardworking people and treats you like a family inside the restaurant
Stressful wasn't trained properly
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 July 2016
instead of one person training me, i had 6 different trainers, some would go over what i already learned, while others skipped over stuff they figured i already knew. constantly yelled at for being slow because i was trained improperly and had to ask questions which slowed me down.
Cons
Hard working and productive workplace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Weston rd27 October 2016
This job taught you a lot about time mangement. You couldn't be late. Mangers and staff were kind and welcoming. Long hours with one break.
Pros
Half on food
Cons
Long hours with one break
Great place to start
Assistant Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 October 2016
The only real problem I have with working here is the lack of steady hours. Shifts would be all over the place and my body had a really hard time adjusting.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours with no pay
Wendy's restaurant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 January 2017
Sign in, receive direction from management. Work at front cash or drive thru window. Clean dishes between serving customers.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
coworkers who were not team players
Fast-paced with flexible hours, pay is okay for what it is but good benefits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON4 June 2016
Great boss, mostly friendly & competent coworkers, decent pay and good benefits for supervisors/managers. Also flexible hours which is really nice.

Can get really hot in there though and stressful at times (typical of customer service especially food service). Some of the hours are pretty long in the summer (open later) and the constant hand washing can hurt some people's skin. There is some room for advancement especially if you apply yourself you'll be noticed and rewarded. Your general manager makes all the difference! Also the benefits at this location for the supervisors/managers are great.
Pros
discounted/free meals, flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
hot, stressful, customers, sometimes long hours
Understandable workplace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 September 2016
3 hour shifts
Most to do out of other employees
Managers with different work place requirements
Doing patty's, nuggets, fries, restocking, cleaning most work areas
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Environment not so confortable

2.9