The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

great place to work for
Cashier/Sandwich Maker (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 January 2017
great place to work for, all the food is fresh, made and prepped everyday. good management and time goes by fast when working
Pros
cheap lunches
great team work
Sandwich maker and cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2017
great place to work.i learned how to organise things properly.my co-workers are very helpful.pretty good management
Pros
great discount on food, good team work
An amazing opportunity
Cashier, Side Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Cashier, food prep, sandwich maker, grill worker. I learned to work under pressure in a fast pace environment. Managers were very friendly and flexible. My co-workers were like family to me. I had some of the fondest memories working at Wendy's. The hardest part of the job was leaving it to pursue a career in retail/clothing. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making customers happy.
Pros
working with wonderful people
Cons
imbalance with school and work
Fast food restaurant manager
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 January 2017
Got to interact with many customers and provide customer service. Was responsible for the crew and he service that was provided to all customers. Dealt with customer complaints and attended manager meetings.
Nice workplace to work in a joyful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 January 2017
Well its been a year at wendys restaurant and i really love wendys. However, staff members are very friendly and mangers as well. Hence, the most difficult work in wendys restaurant is handling customers like drunk they are so disrespectful but still i always have smile on my face and serve them properly.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Busy restaurant
Wendy's
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 January 2017
Like any Fast Food place; the job is easy but can be stressful at times. They try and accommodate your availability as well as still be fully staffed. Not always possible of course. But they do try.
Pros
Meet alot of different people. Including new staff and customers.
Cons
low wages unless willing to move up
Fun and fast paced environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 January 2017
Wendy's is a great place to work, always able to make new friends with employees as well as build up your resume with work experience. Wendy's offers many opportunities for growth within yourself and the company. You learn more about yourself and what you are able to do. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the pace during rush hours, but overall it is a fun and exciting place to work and meet lifelong friends.
Pros
Half off meals when you are working
Cons
Closing the store, however the hours are good
Productive and fun
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB4 January 2017
Working at Wendy's is a great experienced and I learned a lot of things especially dealing with a customer service.With a good management team and co workers.The hardest part of the job is dealing with a different kinds of staff towards attitude.
Pros
free food
Cons
8 hours job
was a normal day at work
Front Counter and Drive Thru Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON3 January 2017
i cant remember exactly the year i started but i know i ended in 2007 . i love the staff i work with everyone was friendly i work there again in a heart beat
Pros
discount
Cons
Wendys is elegant company.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fraser highway29 December 2016
I am working at wendys this an excellent job. Even i am working in very good manner along with all the team members. Everyone is cooprative nd managers are dam good they always help us whenever is required.
Pros
They never bother you
Cons
No cons
Productive and fun workplace with a family atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 December 2016
This is a fun challenging environment to work in with people from all walks of life, they are friendly for the most part. I learned how vital it is to work as a team in an environment like this or it affects everybody. I learned a lot about time management and learning how to keep a cool head and a positive attitude when things get hectic. Management doesn't usually feel like management because we're usually having fun while working together to reach common goals in the workplace, even though the job itself can be quite challenging and stressful. My co workers are also a lot of fun, everyone usually gets along, we enjoy working together. The hardest part of the job is multitasking (cleaning/stocking up) during busy rushes. This is otherwise a really fun job, it's a great experience with really nice people to work with.
Pros
A fun and challenging experience, great people to work with, 50% off food
Cons
stressful, busy, physically challenging, difficult customers, long hours, a lot of cleaning, mostly night shifts available
A place to be part of a secondary family
cashier, sandwich and fries area and drive-thru (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
Wendy's is a great place to offer job experience and knowing the basic work etiquettes and rules. Flexible hours, as well friendly coworkers and supervisors are reasons to join. You can make really great, close friends. As of the learning aspects, this place offers great experience handling situations between customers and employees as well as etiquettes of being welcoming to others. Overall, a great place to have as a starter job, and to stay
work is fun and like a family
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
typical day at work is a busy one. No work and life balance. management are friendly, coworkers are all hardworking people and treats you like a family inside the restaurant
Very Strict Environment
sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON26 December 2016
Environment was close quarters
Managers were extremely strict with speed of work
"quantity over quality"
co-workers were fairly nice
Some managers tended to hover over shoulders
Need to memorize many, many menu items and what goes into them, even if it just started being sold
Lull times in between rushes are filled by cleaning, even when there is nothing to clean
Pros
close to my house
Cons
Managers very strict, FAST work, little relax time
Awesome place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George26 December 2016
Great tasting food made by great people. The workplace runs so smoothly, everyone works as a team, good place to work and not have one job the entire time. Get trained to do other jobs. Food discounts, everyone has fun. Communication was top notch. Training was very efficient. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, because this establishment makes such good food times get really busy.
Pros
Oustanding communication, team huddles
Cons
None.
team work
Gérante (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC21 December 2016
The most think that i like working there is the team work.
You all working hard for the same goal: the customer, and of course all the fun's come with it.
A typical restaurant workplace
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2016
Wendy's is a workplace where sometimes one can get annoyed of doing the same things over and over. Working in the kitchen is the hardest thing to do and least paying too.
Pros
Half price on the menu
Cons
Hard to work
Hard place to work but wonderful team
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 December 2016
Working at Wendy's was certainly an experience. The team were always friendly, kind and positive people. I learned a lot about time management, the benefits of a positive attitude and keeping a smile on my face even on the hardest and most trying of days. I worked at wendy's for about two years and I found the hardest part of the job was trying to provide both a quick yet friendly and reliable atmosphere for our guests. Management could be very pushy and not very encouraging which made working in that environment very trying and difficult. I love providing excellent customer service, showcasing my skills and providing top class results in my work but I don't think it was the ideal environment for me.
Pros
teamwork, flexible, friendly
Cons
stressful, rushed, no benefits or encouragement
n/a
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2016
good employer, decent salary, ok hours, great management, good break times and discounts on food . many locations clean, interior
Productive, good environment
Work on grill,dishwashing,fries stattion (Current Employee) –  Dawson creek,BC12 December 2016
Productive, good environment, co-workers are very co -operative , managment is well disciplined as well as all employees.

2.9