The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great
Student Worker (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 12, 2016
The hardest part of this job is having overtime because of the schedule. The most enjoyable part is my co workers are fun to work with and i enjoy my time with them.
productive
cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: benefits
Cons: ...
amazing work culture ,friendly atmosphere,good team work.
like to work with fast paced learning in the fast food centre
treating the customers with greeting and serve hot and tasty food
Great
Cashier/ Crew Member (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I've learned a lot working at Wendy's: Communication Skills
Multitasking
Problem Solving etc

My favorite part of the day is making sure the customers are satisfied and each one leaves with a smile :)
Good part time job for student or first job.
Key Holder (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 10, 2016
Good part time job for a student, typical day includes positional tasks/cleaning, very busy lunch rush at my location. As it is my first job, I learned a lot about maintaining a job and what it takes to be an appreciated employee. I've met lots of awesome people that I'll be friends with long time, and also some not so great people, which I'm assuming is the same at any job! The hardest part of the job for me would be the whole concept of fast AND neat, one at a time is a piece of cake, but not so much both during a rush. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with, being around an awesome crew makes the day go by much more enjoyably and smoothly.
fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 8, 2016
a typical day consisted of taking in orders of customers and making their food so that it was enjoyable to eat/drink.i learned how to deal with cranky customers and how count cash make the sandwitches and make the chilli and baked patoies cook on the grill for the meat.management was great.co-workers were awsome.the hardest part of the job was there was anything that wasnt hard.the most enjoyable part was the people and the workers and management to work with.
Fun workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Always keep motivated and always smile.
Make the customers happy at all times.
Most enjoyable part of the job is to always work as a team and get the job done in a timely manner.
fun at work
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Camrose, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Product discounts in employee
There is no such thing as pressure in this job, every co-worker and management is there to help and assist every employee. There is a team work in this company.
Horrible place to work.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Colwood, BCJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: 50% off discount once per shift
I put up with verbal abuse and mistreatment that never got dealt with and was never able to quick because I need money. They don't even pay managers a living wage. They are good about taking time off for whatever reason but many of my other coworkers also received mistreatment. It is not a place I would recommend.
generic fast food job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONDecember 22, 2015
again, another generic fast food job involving cleaning/cooking ect. nothing good or bad to say. "insert random filler for 20 word min count here"
work honesty
ant time
any where
work enjoy
manage all time
productive and fun working environment with fast phase
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCDecember 15, 2015
I was a general manager of that location and was responsible for managing sales,accounts,maintenance,payroll and labor etc. In this job, learned that cutomer service and treatment for staff is the most important part of the business.The hardest part of managing a restaurant is to have long term employee due to low pay rate and no benefit coverage. I really enjoyed my job because it's my passion to meet new people and work in a fast phase.
Fun Job
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), L'Île-Perrot, QCDecember 11, 2015
I was only there for one day since it was a stage but I enjoyed it because time went by fast and I was constantly doing something different. I spent most of my day learning how to do the warehouse but then I after the warehouse work was done, I was put on the floor to put the clothing I had tagged in the ware house.
Good learning experience.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 11, 2015
Pros: Running my own store.
Cons: Too many cooks not enough workers
Productive with a learning curve, trained out in Brandon, Man. Have 35 years in this business. Fast food chains are competitive, sales went up with more hands on. Staff was easy to train, The hardest part of the job was too many bosses, The most enjoyable was the starting day of my own store.
Intense, productive and professional workplace
Crew Member/Grill (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 9, 2015
Pros: Work experience and meeting new people
Cons: Grease
A typical day at work would include preparing food, restocking shelves, providing customer service, and lifting heavy boxes of food to the freezer, and taking out the garbage.
I learned how to communicate more efficiently in the workplace as well as in society.
The management was professional, supportive and caring. If they saw you were struggling to keep morale, they'd say you were doing a great job and to keep it up.
The co-workers joked around a lot, but completed the tasks at hand.
The hardest part of the job was the fast paced environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience of conversing with new people from working the front, or just talking with co-workers on break.
Customer service
Front Customer Service (Current Employee), Saint John, NBDecember 8, 2015
Pros: Sometimes
Cons: Same
Always Trying to happy all customer mind. Make them happy to attractive food. Always be happy with employees with manager. I so friendly with everyone.
Educational
Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBDecember 7, 2015
Pros: 30% off meals while working 10% when not working
Cons: Not enough communction
Was a fun place to work while Cooperate owned. Once private owned they changed the rules and policies as they saw fit and didn't communicate changes to lower management or crew until they saw you do something wrong.
excellent for part time or students
Manager (Former Employee), Niagara RegionDecember 6, 2015
Over the 14+ years I had worked for the company, I saw it switch hands from corporate to franchise. At the beginning it was wonderful. The company does have high expectations which I thoroughly enjoyed. They are not friendly to employees that have a family or children. Best bet or hire for them is for a single person with no outside lifestyle. The co-workers are all very likeable. It is a very stressful job since most people don't understand how hard you actually have to work in fast food and customers treat you badly. Depending on the store you work in the management are nice to work with. They do pay well and they do offer benefits. They do give you hours based on your availability. The more available you are, the more hours you receive.
Wendy's
cashier / cooker (Current Employee), Sydney, NSDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Fast past environment
Cons: not enough hours
I love working at Wendy's its a good place to work at I'd Recommend it to anyone, but if they're is only certain hours you can work, I'd look somewheres else.
greet ability with team work
Team member (Current Employee), Fort St John, BCDecember 5, 2015
i am Enjoying the my work when it was the busy at rushing time and the all manager work together with all employee as a team so the team work is the best thing which i learned
Productive and learned new skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2015
Learned different way of management as it was a real busy day and helped the manager to complete the order on time. Hardest part was to run for the order as it was great chaos due to more number of orders. The most interesting part was 8 hours went like few seconds.
Headquarters