The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
front line cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 May 2016
Learned working in coordination with the co- workers.
Enjoyed interacting with the customers.
The management staff was really helpful.
Wendys
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 April 2016
-A typical day at Wendy would be, 7am show up and get the restaurant set up before we open, Work hard and leave at 4pm.

-I learned working at a fast food place is that you have to deal with customers getting angry or mad, But always have a smile on your face.

-The most enjoyable part of this job was that i could talk and interact with the customers in stand of just keeping quite.
Pros
50% off
Cons
not treated well
It's a whole bunch of fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2016
Although everyone gets paid the same wage and there is not a lot of room to advance forward in Wendy's you can have a great time. The management is really good, the people are very nice and the hours are very flexible. It's a good job to have throughout high school, you are able to learn about things you wouldn't be able to know on your own and you get to work with people. Shifts are a decent length and cleaning is not that much of a hassle, I loved working at my Wendy's.
friendly and nice going job
all around person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2016
dealing with customers and cash as well as taking orders. When a mistake is made in the order apologize to the customer and make sure the mistake is fixed and ensure the customers satisfaction so that they will come back. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on the customers face.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cleaning at the end of every shift
Lack of respect for employee's
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 April 2016
Managers, often yell at you and talk down to you.
Don't respect you as a person.
No flexibility with scheduling or days off.
Work you to the max.
Zero toleration for mistakes no matter how small.
Long hours.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Horrible Managers, Super Long Shifts, Lots of work
i liked the company alot.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC24 June 2016
i really appreciate the company management. all the co- workers are cooperative. i love specially drive through service.
Friendly and Fun Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 February 2016
A typical day of work is extremely busy. During our lunch and dinner hours we handled high volumes of customers. I experienced a very busy environment and learned not only to be a cashier, but I also ensured a clean restaurant. I cleaned the dining room and bathrooms, also in the kitchen. I was a drive-thru cashier as well and that was quite the experience, also very busy area. Management was quite excellent. I became friends with my supervisors and manager. Although there was a bit of favoritism when giving out hours. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the dining room clean at our rush hour times. Sometimes no one could make it out to clean. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely talking to the customers. We had a lot of regulars and they were all very friendly. Since I am also a very friendly and sociable person, I got along extremely well with not only my co-workers but the customers as well.
Pros
50% off of food.
Cons
Not enough hours at times.
Work Environment Hazardous
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 April 2016
During my time working at Wendy's, 4 years, I found I learned a lot, but after a while the working environment became too negative and I didn't enjoy working there anymore. Some of the other people working there don't treat you very well. However, the some of the management team is nice to work with, others not so much.
Pros
Bad work environment
work loads
Cook (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 November 2016
I continue to work although the amount of work that is piled up on this specific job can slow the employee down and not get all of the services finished in time for the end of the shift. I, myself, feel that I do not have enough hours due to the amount of co-workers and possibly the time of year.
Pros
%50 off
Cons
rush hours
Boring as heck
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 March 2016
All I do is stand in front of the grill, I only learned how to use the grill and clean things, since I haven't done any other position. I think management is fair, but they can really be nepotistic. I have some good co-workers, but most of them are not very bright, and they are too lazy to do certain tasks at Wendy's. I can't think of any enjoyable part of the job, since most of the time I'm just standing around flipping burgers. The hardest part of the job is keeping up through rush hour.
Pros
Breaks with lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
Bad Organization
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON23 October 2016
First couple of days were going kind of smooth. Had a trainer to help and show me around the place. After knowing the ins and outs out of this restaurant, manager left me to do things alone when its not possible. Had too many responsibilities that I couldn't keep up with time. Not worth working at Wendys if that's how they treat you.
Very enjoyable part time job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2016
While working at Wendy's, I had an enjoyable experience as I was able to really learn and better develop my skills as a cashier. Moreover, the workplace environment had many caring co-workers that were always willing to show me the ropes and give helpful advice.
Only consider if truly desperate
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 June 2016
It was ok at the start and then with every new promotion and hire it just started to go down hill. Its just really not worth it.
Friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2016
Everyone I worked with were very humble and kind. We became like a family. I've learned a lot there, such as how to be responsible, how to have patient and how to deal with customers the right way.

The hardest part of the job I would say is cleaning other peoples messes.

The most enjoyable part was coming in and seeing my coworkers,
fun and competitive environment
Cashier, Sandwich Maker, Grill (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2016
very busy and enjoyable. time management skills are key. Hardest part of jobs is closing but I got used to it. Co workers are great and friendly. Awesome environment to work in.
Pros
very fast paced work place but sweet.
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 May 2016
drive thru sandwhiches was always where i was placed (aces in their places) became very fast at the tasks i had to accomplish in very short amounts of time. how to bump and slide is what i learned and what i mean by that is as an example (you got time to lean you have time to clean) co-workers were very nice people never had problems with anyone not pulling their own weight. hardest part of the job would be the short amount of time you have to complete an order and get it out that window. most enjoyable part was also the speed at which things needed to be done. always kept you on your toes.
Pros
free lunches and got to work with some friends
Cons
short shifts everyday rather than long shifts (which i prefer)
good company to work for
équipier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2016
worked there for over 4 years and i learned and developped my skills. the team is very nice and close to each other. it is a fun place to work for and they care about the quality of their product and service. they help each crew to be as efficient as they can be and help them to be the best they could be.
fun work place
Cashier/ Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 November 2016
had fun at work with my co-workers when it was one of our birthdays we had a food fight which was awesome and loved the customers the best part of my job was to look forward on when i was going to work again
Pros
discount
Cons
nothing
It was fun to work at wendys
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2016
I worked on saturday and sunday's
I have learned to make different burgers and stuff
My coworkers was really nice
Hardest part of job is to manage post rush thing
Most enjoyable part of job was working with my supervisor
Pros
50 PERCENT OFF FOR EMPLOYEES
Cons
NOTHING
An Incredible Place to Learn and Refine Skills
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON8 March 2016
Upon entering the Wendy's establishment I was always greeted with a friendly welcome. I learned that more can be accomplished simply with kindness and understanding than with dictatorship and micro management. Wendy's was a perfect example of how collectively as a group men and women could be placed in a fast paced and at times stressful environment and yet still achieve superior goals when the crew and the lower management was lead with clear expectations, organization and gratitude for a job well done. The most challenging aspect of working as a manager often times was finding an effective way to blend the unique personalities of each employee while allowing them to do the jobs that they where best at...."Aces in their Places". By doing so effectively as a team we were able to meet service times, projected sales, friendly work environment and superior customer service. The most enjoyable part of working at Wendy's as a manager by far was having an opportunity to spend my days with intelligent, capable and overall incredible people who made work feel like a second home and the staff feel like extended family.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unstable schedualling

2.8