The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Productive and funn and very organized place
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON3 August 2017
great atmosphere, nice people ,you take your rights.I learned more management skills and beautiful customers treatment methods. Great management team (hard but fair
My first part time job
Seasonal clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 August 2017
It is a nice starting point for people who are looking for the first job.
Usually managements are flexible with your schedule. Especially when it involved your school work.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 August 2017
A lot of people underestimate the hard work that goes into being a Wendy's employee. It helped keep me in shape and I enjoyed working with most of the people who worked there. I have learned that the fast food industry is not really for me. It's a great job for first timers.
very fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 August 2017
Everyday I get up and get ready to work and I have a goal setup in my mind that I need to get this done and honestly three years of working here has built up so much experience and confidence inside me, working with a great staff and awesome manager just makes my day a lot easier and truly this is a very good play to work as well as enjoy working at the same time.
Pros
managers are very reliable and helpfull
Cons
could be extremely busy sometimes with shortstaff
Long Repetitive hours that's easy to manage
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON2 August 2017
Typically you have to be taught how to work at each station at Wendy's so you can switch and cover for people. This can get hectic during a rush and people are missing so you have to move in between stations. Depending on where you work it's either really busy or really quiet and boring there is not much of an in between. At the very least the job is easy to get and while you have to deal with annoying customers from time to time it's not the worst. I, however, had difficulties with settling my schedule time with my manager which ended up giving me nothing but closing shifts. A lot of people quit or leave so there is either a period of short staff or new recruits that need to be trained which is annoying. This is an okay first job
Pros
Discount on foods
Cons
long hours, annoying customers, schedule difficulties
A well implemented Syatem
Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB1 August 2017
As i worked in wendys,Ive learned how to manage my time like setting deadlines,list all what to priorotize.Ive learned how to run the business which i felt as my own business,setting a program on how to increase sales,watching the food cost like wTching the waste,keep an eye on customer service
Cons
lng hours
Very Productive
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB1 August 2017
So far, it became my home and the management is quite good. Co-workers are really close to each other which is a good thing in terms of teamwork. Everyone's approachable especially the managers.
Pros
Discounts on food purchases
Cons
Schedule conflict at times
Fast paced environment to work in.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC1 August 2017
Typical work day starts slow but gets fast at lunch and dinner time. I have learned so many things. All the things that i can learn that happens in a restaurant. Managers are good overall, sometimes it can be hard. Hardest part of the job is when you have to do extra work that other workers are too lazy to do. Working with young workers same as your age is the fun part of the job.
Pros
Occasionally free lunches. 50% meals.
Cons
Standing for long hours.
It was fun working there joking around with the managers and employee's
Food Preparation/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON31 July 2017
The hardest part of the job was when you were done doing or work and wanted to punch out and go home but you couldn't cause you had to help someone else
Pros
50% of your meals
Cons
Not enough supervision
Hard work for little pay and too high expectations for the place it is.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 July 2017
Work is stressful and hard for what the expect out of the company. The standards are too high for a fast food restaurant which makes it stressful for both management and the employees making the hiring and quieting turnover very high. there is very little that enjoyable about the job no benefits and no free meal like most fast food places.
Pros
50% discount up to 12 dollars only
Cons
see above statements
not the best place to work but its okay for a first time job
Team member postion (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 July 2017
many people complained that they were not trained properly, if you were just starting you would have to mainly figure things out for yourself because there wouldn't be time for someone to train you. It was very rushed for you to learn things as quickly as possible with little help. Some managers would be understanding of this learning curve and others wouldn't be. Overall I think the learning curve would have been shorter for a lot of team members if more in-depth training was given.
Pros
half price on food for lunch break
Cons
poorly planned work scheduals for employees
worked with cash and was the regular closer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON27 July 2017
I liked working at wendy's. it was very fast paced and hard to keep up with. I like a challenge. There's always something that can be done to pass time and keep the restaurant clean
Not good management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 July 2017
Not a place work anymore
Is not a typical day work
The hardest part of the job is deal with the some of the management
The workplace culture
The most enjoyable part of the job is the stuff party
Wendy's the Company was a more positive and rewarding place to be until taken over by Franchisees
Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
The culture under the franchise is totally performance at ALL COST.
Management personnel are driven in to the ground without any consideration to life balance.
Pros
Positive staff engagement.
Cons
No life balance
worked there would again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mckerrow, ON25 July 2017
good work kept busy stanking cashier and drinks very fun making drinks is th fab there frostys lemonade pop amazing food source good place to eat made 12 hour
Pros
skill
Cons
8 hours a day
Pretty great!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 July 2017
My last Wendy's location was great. The coworkers were friendly, the hours were flexible and the managers were always ready to answer questions and provide guidance and appropriate training where required! Everyone got along and worked efficiently with one another, resulting in an enjoyable work experience.
They trained me on every position, and even trained me on closing the sandwich station, which happened to be my favorite. It provided a daily challenge to beat the clock, which caused me to continually strive to improve and hone my skills to better serve our customers.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly coworkers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON25 July 2017
I went into Wendys as a management trainee. The training is good, on hand training as well as videos, etc. Pay could be a bit better. Job is easy, fast paced. Good place to work if you love customer service work.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
Hot and greasy atmosphere
It's a job to get by.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON24 July 2017
The job itself is typically alright, but the culture of belittling and demeaning fast food employers from both the perspective of the customer but the employer as well can get you down sometimes. But overall, if you're lucky to find a good and positive team, it can be tolerable.
fun people to work good environment
Front counter (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 July 2017
overall a good company to work for, its just not that busy so it gets kind of boring and also they don't have a lot of different shifts so I was always stuck on the 11-7 shift which took my whole day
Good workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 July 2017
Friendly crew , good quality food , hygienic food but they were not gave my 20 hours of week which I required.they allowed the crew to get the 50% off on employ meal which was profitable deal.
Pros
50% off for employe meal
Cons
timing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8