The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Good starting job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
Good place for your first job, but little to no advancements. Can be stressful if you cant handle busy periods. Poor management but co-workers are alright.
Pros
Good place for your first job.
Cons
Gets tidus very fast. Little to no advancment .
Front cash
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 14, 2016
I would take orders and deliver them to trays, clean tables and washrooms. I would also prepare for opening in mornings, prepare food along with turning on fryers and stoves.
Food Prep, cut up veggie and make sure everything was fresh and ready
Pros
good pay for my age
Cons
not demanding enough
Fast-paced Atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 14, 2016
I have had nine hour shifts last twelve hours because of training heavily based on video instruction and very little time to train. I learned to handle multiple positions at a time because I was expected to. I learned that a job is not always worth the stress it creates, and a decent paycheck is worthless if you don't have time to spend it. My coworkers were the best part of this job. Customers and management were the most challenging part of the job.
Pros
50% off food while working as employee, 100% off as a manager while working
Cons
Stressful environment, almost no potential for advancement, few rewards upon advancement
pros:free lunch Cons:short breaks
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 6, 2016
Wendy's was a good experience for me. i was able to learn how to be patient when dealing with customers. The hardest part about working at Wendy's was keeping the balance between working hard and keeping your team happy then working hard to keep the customers happy.
good job
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 6, 2016
i like working there just need more hours. friendly people fast paced good starting out job hoping to find something better
Not very good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 5, 2016
I worked there as a cook for a short period of time. It was not very rewarding except that I met great people. I would like to point out, that the GM was kind enough to allow me to learn enough before my departure.
Pros
Great people and kind GM
Cons
Far from home, dirty and late night closings
very fast paced work place but sweet.
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 4, 2016
drive thru sandwhiches was always where i was placed (aces in their places) became very fast at the tasks i had to accomplish in very short amounts of time. how to bump and slide is what i learned and what i mean by that is as an example (you got time to lean you have time to clean) co-workers were very nice people never had problems with anyone not pulling their own weight. hardest part of the job would be the short amount of time you have to complete an order and get it out that window. most enjoyable part was also the speed at which things needed to be done. always kept you on your toes.
Pros
free lunches and got to work with some friends
Cons
short shifts everyday rather than long shifts (which i prefer)
fun workplace
Cashier/Food Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 4, 2016
Happy and fun workplace. But benefits were not good.
Boss was very nice and cheerful. He helps a lot in terms of operation needs. A boss that you can call Father as well.
Pros
free meal
Cons
benefits wasnt good
great place to work too
Cashier/Sandwich Maker/Drive-thru Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 3, 2016
meeting new people everyday
maintaining the cash and restaurant
policies.
cleaning dining areas
stocking up after day ends.
Work Hours
Side Cash, Front Cash, and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 1, 2016
The Wendy's for which I work eagerly provides their workers with many hours. They allow you to pick which shifts you would prefer to not do. I've recognized my skills in fast food through this company. However, the manager and district manager are extremely strict and don't allow you to miss work regardless of the reason. They threaten to take away hours if you don't comply to all their standards, many of which are extremely unnecessary (such as wearing only black socks or dress pants).
Pros
Learn skills, discounts
Cons
Everything else
good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
taking orders
preparing and giving orders as soon as possible
making sure customers leaving happy.
very friendly co-workers
Work Environment Hazardous
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 27, 2016
During my time working at Wendy's, 4 years, I found I learned a lot, but after a while the working environment became too negative and I didn't enjoy working there anymore. Some of the other people working there don't treat you very well. However, the some of the management team is nice to work with, others not so much.
Pros
Bad work environment
Friendly, High Pace, Team work
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 26, 2016
Mostly Friendly Environment, given responsibility in training new employees loved helping, Wonderful Customers, Great Co workers and i loved working at Wendy's.
Pros
Customers and the Managers
Cons
Not enough hours and super late nights
Proactive work environment.
Grill Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONApril 26, 2016
At Wendy's I am always a busy bee, never resting and constantly getting tasks done.
Morning opens I clean around the fryer stations, behind, above and below them, then once that is done they must be filtered twice daily. Putting together the double sided grill (DSG) and cleaning it from the day prior. Preparing product, bacon, potatos, and 5 different types of chicken must be cooked and ready by opening time. Work station must be stocked, organized, clean, and sanitary before leaving the position for the next Grill Operator. I've learned how to manage numbers very well with the product on hand, and also how to communicate with my crew to get jobs done right or rebuild product before it runs out. The shift supervisors keep things running smoothly and will help each crew out that is struggling and will demonstrate how if necessary.

Working hard to get tasks done while keeping the product running smoothly on line can be a challenge during certain times but it's no worry after some experience.
Making sure the order is correct, properly cooked and having the customer satisfied and impressed is one of the best feelings about the job.
Pros
Half off each meal during the time we are scheduled.
Cons
Lacking hours needed.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 26, 2016
When I worked with Wendy's, it was great. For the most part the employees were great, and management was amazing.

Now that I don't work with Wendy's, I see that some of the stores are going downhill, especially with the professionalism of their employees.

The hardest part of the job would have to have been the fact that I was the youngest person working there.. I wasnt able to do anything without someone else assisting me.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have been meeting new people, learning new things, and learning how to both manage my time properly as well as multitask to get things done properly and quickly
Pros
Great people to work for and with
Cons
Too young to do anything
Fun place to work teaches patience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bovaird and MclaughlinApril 25, 2016
Working at wendy's has definitely taught me great customer service, especially working at time when there are huge lines and long rushes; being the cashier there were many times where I was yelled at customers and I learnt that no matter what to just keep smiling
Pros
Getting to work with really nice people as well as serving nice customers
Cons
serving customers who would yell at you for no reason
Lack of respect for employee's
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 25, 2016
Managers, often yell at you and talk down to you.
Don't respect you as a person.
No flexibility with scheduling or days off.
Work you to the max.
Zero toleration for mistakes no matter how small.
Long hours.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Horrible Managers, Super Long Shifts, Lots of work
The work is great
Cashier/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 23, 2016
The work is great, The company is well established, the people I worked with were awesome, because they were friendly and tea oriented.
Wendys corp is better than privately run stores
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 23, 2016
When I worked for corp everything was better, pay, hours, coworkers. The customers were rude and nasty but that comes with the business. Privately owned wendys dont care about anyone but to put money in their pocket. The hours suck, the money the gyp your pay, they dont pay you for over time they treat the crew like garbage and expect you to bend over backwards for them, No loyality
Pros
The business is great, friendly, fast, food tastes great
Cons
there is alot of drama
Wendys
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 20, 2016
-A typical day at Wendy would be, 7am show up and get the restaurant set up before we open, Work hard and leave at 4pm.

-I learned working at a fast food place is that you have to deal with customers getting angry or mad, But always have a smile on your face.

-The most enjoyable part of this job was that i could talk and interact with the customers in stand of just keeping quite.
Pros
50% off
Cons
not treated well

2.8