The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working experience at Wendy's
crew member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 21, 2015
Overall Working at Wendy's is a good experience taught me how to multitask at various positions inside the store, to be faster, and to provide quality service to the customers. Thank you Wendy's for giving me an opportunity to learn, earn, support my family and making me happy.
Average fast food atmosphere
crew mamber (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 20, 2015
Pros: a good first job
Cons: long hours once in a while (due to covering shifts)
This workplace is good for a teenager to start out. You develop communication skills, work ethic, customer service skills, etc. All these skills are transferable when seeking jobs in others criteria
productive but laid back environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: 50% off food before, after, during a shift. Easy to book days off
Cons: irregular hours, usually short 3-5 hour shifts, work most weekends
Easy to get along with co-workers and management. Usually very busy and sometimes stressful due to under staffing busy days/shifts. Pretty simple to keep busy with cleaning and restocking.
Productive Work Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioAugust 17, 2015
I worked full time for Wendy's while I was in school. It was a good balance from work and school and I was able to accomplish all I needed to without difficulty.
Fun enjoyable work enviornment
LINE COOK / CASHIER (Former Employee), OakvilleAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Food discount, small eating space, comfortable clients
Cons: Short breaks.
I worked well at this location the fellow employees were hard working and enjoyable company and the management was attentive to the needs of the staff. I enjoyed the opportunity.
Good working environment
Sandwich Maker/Salad Maker/ Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABAugust 12, 2015
Pros: 50% off discount
Cons: insufficient man power
Wendy's a fast paced environment that strives to give the most quality services to customers. I learnt to interact with customers and realised how effective putting on a smile lightens a customer's day. The management is very effective in terms of pushing and challenging the staff to be productive at work.
a fast paced exciting place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 11, 2015
I had lots of fun working here. Excellent team work and amazing friendly staff. I am a night time manager who does mostly closing shifts
For those with no experience
Mentor, coach and train new employees (Former Employee), Cloverdale, B.C.August 11, 2015
The job comes with long hours with no pay for overtime, you are constantly standing and serving customers who do not view you as a actual human being. Its a tough job but if you work there for a few months it can get you through the door for some other work.
Not my favourite management
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 10, 2015
Cons: extremely fast paced, managers, missing pay
Working at wendys for 2 and a half months sounds very bad to say because of my short time there but during that time I ran into quite a few personal and family emergencies that required a lot of attention along with my school finals which I requested less hours for during that time but was guaranteed nothing. Multiple managers did not take initiative to help me with an issue I had been having with my pay and not receiving a pay stub and a few refused to speak to me about it. Leaving the job felt somewhat bad because I felt unreliable and not responsible but I also felt like they did not give me the time of day to entertain my questions, comments or concerns.
Fun workplace with great coworkers and managers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: The smell of everything
Everyone was really nice and welcoming. I was really happy there and sad to leave, but I had enough of the fast-food world. It's crazier than most expect.
Fast pace work environment
Sandwich Maker/Grill Guy (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 31, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches, meet new people
Cons: Smell like fries all the time
-Typical Day at work
Prepare sandwiches as requested
Complete miscellaneous tasks including cleaning, stocking etc. during downtime
Co-operate with co-workers and maintain a team environment
Maintain full stock/inventory at all time
Cook proper amounts of meat, chicken, bacon, potatoes, and chili at appropriate times
Clean oven, grill tops, and filtering fryers on a daily basis

-What I learned
How to work in a team environment
How to multitask all the time
How to float through positions to bring productivity and speed up
How to train other/new staff members
How to complete tasks under mass amounts of pressure
Fun and friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Employee discount for 1 meal
Cons: Unorganized
During my employment at Wendys the days went by quickly. It was a very fun work environment and everybody go along well. Management was awesome if you had any questions or problems you could go to them and it would be fixed or resolved quickly.
Shift Supervisor Review
Shift Manager (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Manager Free Meals
Cons: Shift Work (short time between shifts)
I enjoyed working with this company. The atmosphere is always friendly and positive with excellent room to move up within the company or simply stay as a crew member.
great place to work, and great customers.
Cook, cashier (Former Employee), Kelowna, & Rutland, BCJuly 15, 2015
fast paced, good co-workers, great customers most of the time, life is what you make of it. Would like to work there again.
Disgusting
Burger boy (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Nobody spoke english well.
Flipped burgers, made fries, made chili, served customers, ensured the drive thru was running smooth all day/night Enjoyed free food every once In a while when offered by manager.
Reached our goal of the day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 6, 2015
The typical day at work is Friday that's our busy day especially when its pay day, I learned to communicate different attitude of people, my co-workers I'm having fun to work with them and the most we are all happy when we reached the goal of the day.
Fun and full of aspiring people
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free Meal
Cons: Shifting Schedule
A day usually starts by knowing the store's performances the day before such as sales and labor reports. Finding out the good or bad incidents that occurred and using that information to decide the goal for the day and use it to coach certain people in the store. Also, I manage to ask how everybody is doing, and ask for any concerns regarding the store.

The hardest part is dealing with customer complaints, as we always try to protect the company's interest and show empathy to customers as well. As much as possible, we don't want the customers to feel bad and win them back.

Most enjoyable is working with people that consistently do their best in giving great customer experience and working as a team. Even in the busiest days, it's not that stressful when everyone is having fun in doing their work.
great environment and people to work with.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2015
a typical work day consists of coming in and stocking up my work area with the items i will need to get through the day.

I have learned to be more patient with people and gained organizational skills.

the management was nice, however not fair to workers with seniority as it was difficult to gain more hours through out a work week.

the most enjoyably part of my job was making customers happy and seeing them walk away with a smile.
I loved marketing for Honda
research assistant at University of Toronto Work (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: Worked with smart people
Cons: None
It was a privilege to work and learn the systems for Honda dealerships and create online marketing campaigns. Scripts and lead follow up was also fun, i learned how to be a professional marketer.
Productive and busy work environment
Cashier, Food Handler (Former Employee), mississauga OntarioJune 30, 2015
Pros: half price discount
Cons: long hours
While working at Wendy's Restaurant you have to be very hard working, always make sure the customers are happy with the service that's provided. Excellent team player, also the hardest part of the job is when a customer enter the drive thru you have to be very fast space. I enjoyed working with customers and making sure they are provided with the right service that they are receiving.
Headquarters