The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

A typical restaurant workplace
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2016
Wendy's is a workplace where sometimes one can get annoyed of doing the same things over and over. Working in the kitchen is the hardest thing to do and least paying too.
Pros
Half price on the menu
Cons
Hard to work
Very Busy
Crew (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2017
Busiest location in London, always productive, made a lot of friends while working there, there wasn't a lot of room to move up since you had to move locations to do so. The management was sometimes disrepectful to employees.
Great first job
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON16 January 2017
Coworkers were fun. Training system takes a little long to finish. Management is good. Customer satisfaction is priority, although hard at times it is also a great satisfaction to yourself when they are.
was a normal day at work
Front Counter and Drive Thru Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON3 January 2017
i cant remember exactly the year i started but i know i ended in 2007 . i love the staff i work with everyone was friendly i work there again in a heart beat
Pros
discount
Cons
Great people to work with
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 August 2016
I would open the restaurant by counting the tills for that day and setting them up in the tills. I would do a cleanliness checklist from the closing shift the night before just to make sure everything is clean before we open. I would turn on all the equipment to prepare for the cooking. I would set up the break plan and the floor plan so that the employees knew which position they were working in that day. I would check to make sure that outside was clean of garbage and debris. I would also assign cleaning tasks to the crew. If it was a certain day of the week then I would place the food order or have a health and safety meeting or being doing the crew schedules. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the customers get their food in an accurate and timely manner. My manager was great when I worked there.
Pros
The people that I worked with
Cons
The late nights on the weekends
Great stepping stone
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 January 2017
Great place to learn and grow, shift supervisors try there best to help and give you tips to improve. Training is solid if you don't mind doing it via computer, before getting hands on experience.
Sandwhich maker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON11 November 2016
I think its a great job. I have learned a lot. I feel like i have achieve my goals on becoming a productive at my job.this job has brought be threw rushes and to become good at managing my time.
Pros
Get time off when i want
Cons
Great work atmosphere but lack of hours
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
It's a great place to work with great people.
It's a very fast paced job where everything needs to be done in a certain amount of time and has to be done right.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lack of hours
People made the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON15 July 2016
As you could expect from a fast food company the work wasn't glorious, the pay wasn't great and sometimes the hours were long. But as the title says the real satisfaction was the people I met and the friendships I made. Not just co-workers and management, but regular customers who would come in and I would know them by name and order and we would have discussions about the on-goings of our lives. This was made even more apparent when I finally decided to quit and hearing how sad everyone (management, co-workers and customers) was when they heard about it. All in all was glad that I worked there
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
non-regular hours
Good company
Closing Cashier (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON2 February 2017
Fun fast paced work environment. Stock condiments, customer satisfaction, handle money, clean washrooms. I learned more about fast food, got better at cash, and speed for orders
Pros
Good co wrokers
Friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2016
Everyone I worked with were very humble and kind. We became like a family. I've learned a lot there, such as how to be responsible, how to have patient and how to deal with customers the right way.

The hardest part of the job I would say is cleaning other peoples messes.

The most enjoyable part was coming in and seeing my coworkers,
Was a good stepping stone
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC18 October 2016
I started here as a sandwich maker, to cook. Ten to a supervisory position , and from there onto assistant manager. No two days were ever the sae. I learned bout labour cost, food cost , payable taxes , WCB, and so much more
Productive and fun workplace
Wendy's (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON13 February 2017
Great place to meet new people and improve your communication skills. It's a fun working environment with wonderful managers and employee's. Hard work is always appreciated.
Pros
easy going
not the best work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 August 2016
Wendy's doesn't give you enough hours, i was sick for 4 days and they fired me for the sick days due to my doctor being away. manager isn't understanding, the management isn't good and the pay isn't much and there's no benefits either. I wasn't satisfied with working here.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Short shifts low pay
We see to it that safety of each employee is our priority.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 July 2016
Each member of the team must deliver the best quality food and good service base on the standard of the Company. Being in a restaurant business was challenging but it is fulfilling when you see your customers are satisfied and goes back to your restaurant. In return, they give you business.
Pros
free meal
Cons
shifting time
Not very professional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON12 July 2016
It would have been a great experience but the timing wasn't right. Unfortunately, shortly after I got the job, we found out my dad was dying of cancer and he was only going to live for 3 more weeks. When my dad passed away, I couldn't function at all as it was also the first death I ever had to deal with and watching my father wither away to nothing really got to me.

When I told my manager, she told me I can take time off. However, other managers and co-workers were gossiping regarding the time I took off due to my dads death.

Other than that, it was a great experience. I was a very independent worker and extremely friendly to the customers and my co-workers.

I learnt even if people are going to be bitter and negative, just kill them with kindness.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
gossiping
productive and fun work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK14 November 2016
excellent team work
fun to work with different people
friendly environment
each day you learn a new thing
good supervisors whom will teach you if don't understand anything
Pros
employee meals
Cons
long hour
Productive and fun workplace with a family atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 December 2016
This is a fun challenging environment to work in with people from all walks of life, they are friendly for the most part. I learned how vital it is to work as a team in an environment like this or it affects everybody. I learned a lot about time management and learning how to keep a cool head and a positive attitude when things get hectic. Management doesn't usually feel like management because we're usually having fun while working together to reach common goals in the workplace, even though the job itself can be quite challenging and stressful. My co workers are also a lot of fun, everyone usually gets along, we enjoy working together. The hardest part of the job is multitasking (cleaning/stocking up) during busy rushes. This is otherwise a really fun job, it's a great experience with really nice people to work with.
Pros
A fun and challenging experience, great people to work with, 50% off food
Cons
stressful, busy, physically challenging, difficult customers, long hours, a lot of cleaning, mostly night shifts available
Not a bad first job
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2016
Not a bad first job, really teaches responsibility of the workplace. If one person does not do their job properly it ends up slowing everyone else down as well. Management was very cooperative with scheduling especially for inconsistent college classes. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the rush pace, the most enjoyable part is definitely the people you work with, that really makes the environment what it is.
Pros
good starter job
Cons
fast-paced
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 January 2017
It was a good job and fun filled.
Good managers.
Helpful trainers.
Learned very well how to satisfy customer needs.
My overall experience at this job was good.

2.9