The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Average Fast food resturant work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON27 December 2017
Most people were wonderful to work with managers were very rude, hang up on staff. Easy to catch on. Job is simple and pays the bills. first 2 shifts are in the office on the computer watching videos . then you circulate around each station until management sees fit
Pros
Was within walking distance, Loctaed in busy part5 of city
Cons
poor management
Unfair
Part Time crew member and cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 December 2017
The owners kept paying me and my coworkers wrongly. The managers pick their favorite employees and treat them better than the rest. They let them sit in the back while the dining room isn't full so the customers dont see half of them being lazy while the unfavoured half does all the work.They let them go on breaks before the lesser liked employees. The managers dont give long enough breaks. Its hard to work a 9 hour shift with a half hour break. They take a few dollars off of every check to save for some big Christmas party that most of them dont even attend. i didnt even work there long enough to attend the Christmas party, i feel like they owe me for all the times they miscounted my pay.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, drama within the workplace
fun work place
Wendy's (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 December 2017
Good place to work. Motivational staff helps new employees to get in work easily. Good pay. Discount on employee meal. At walking distance from my home.
Pros
discount on employee meal
Wendys
Store Front Employee (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON19 December 2017
This place was a good learning spot about how fast paced restaurants operate. however it was my worst experience ever because the one manager was very verbally and emotionally abusive.

I do not recommend for any one to work here
Pros
employee discount
Cons
abusive mangers
management was really bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 December 2017
managers were very impulsive. they never let me work in the kitchen properly and they always made me do floors and washroom for them. they were so rude and are not even understanding.
Fun workplace overall
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC14 December 2017
Working here can be fun at days but it is stressful at times. You are required to do more work than you get paid at times because you have to handle several positions at one point. But overall, the work environment is fun to work in.
Very fast paste
WENDY'S CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 December 2017
Good place to work for your first time job. It's very fast paste meaning that it can get very hectic during lunch time and rush hour. Managers try their best to help but there at times where the store has a shortage of staff.
Alright
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON1 December 2017
I really enjoyed working for wendys when I was there. It was a fun job. Also wasn't hard either ! Wendys is a good place to work. I'm glad I got to experience what I did there !
Pros
half off meals
Cons
long nights
good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB30 November 2017
It was a good company to work for, the work was easy enough. The work load was worth the compensation. Could be slow at times but there was always something to do.
A good job as an introduction to the workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 November 2017
It is a good starting point, but I couldn't see myself making a career out of the fast food business. It is fast-paced, albeit with better quality food than some fast food restaurants. The people who work there are of diverse ethnicities at the location I worked, which led to some challenges in communication, but also a good opportunity to learn from those people.
Really fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC28 November 2017
It was a very fun place to work, the boss was very respectful and was really kind. Also the people I worked with were very friendly and enjoyable to work with. We ended up on good terms and it was amazing working for Wendy's.
Drive thru and front cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 November 2017
If working front cash you will take orders from customers and handle money, also be able to keep dining and bathrooms tidy. If working drive thru cash you will take orders over headset, handle cash and wash dishes.
Pros
50% off food while working
Productive and fun place to work
Shift operator (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 November 2017
High paced environment. Skills building. Can be stressful if you are short staffed. Great starter job. I encourage anyone who's starting out to consider fast food. I learnt a lot working with this company. It was easy to make friends. Can move up if a management position is something that you would want. If not it is just a stepping stone.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Not a set schedule
Exciting environment to work in.
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC27 November 2017
It was a hard job to handle considering the fact that i was a student at the time but it was exciting at the same time to build experience in the restoration field. The hardest part of the job was to make the sandwiches quickly since it was a fast food restaurant.
fun place to work
Cashier / Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 November 2017
i enjoyed workimg at wendy and would love to work there again...the staff were amazing and i enjoyed the face paced environment. Everyday was a great day to go to work.
Great company to work for
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2017
Staff and Management very friendly and helpful especially when needing help. Very flexible when it comes to scheduling and asking for time off. Four stars for excellent place to work at.
fun workplace
Crew Member and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON23 November 2017
-Employed courteous customer service as customer’s first point of contact to uphold a positive impression of the company
-Trained new Wendy’s crew members by modelling a step by step process for first hand understanding
was a good starting job
cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 November 2017
i enjoyed the job but it was verry busy and fast paced .i was only canadian one who worked there at the time so it was a bit stressful trying to communicate in high stress situations but it got better
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS23 November 2017
Management is great but CEO of the store is money hungry and likes to do anything to make money even if that's cutting hours by 20 hours each person .. other then the CEO it is a fun and busy job with great people to work with .. Management is the best there
Pros
Great people
Cons
Owner sucks
Sandwich maker, Fry cook, Morning preparation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2017
they care too much about the company and it's money rather then it's employees. only things I really learned from this job is sandwich making and salad prep.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

55K