The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

was a normal day at work
Front Counter and Drive Thru Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON3 January 2017
i cant remember exactly the year i started but i know i ended in 2007 . i love the staff i work with everyone was friendly i work there again in a heart beat
Pros
discount
Cons
Wendys is elegant company.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fraser highway29 December 2016
I am working at wendys this an excellent job. Even i am working in very good manner along with all the team members. Everyone is cooprative nd managers are dam good they always help us whenever is required.
Pros
They never bother you
Cons
No cons
Productive and fun workplace with a family atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 December 2016
This is a fun challenging environment to work in with people from all walks of life, they are friendly for the most part. I learned how vital it is to work as a team in an environment like this or it affects everybody. I learned a lot about time management and learning how to keep a cool head and a positive attitude when things get hectic. Management doesn't usually feel like management because we're usually having fun while working together to reach common goals in the workplace, even though the job itself can be quite challenging and stressful. My co workers are also a lot of fun, everyone usually gets along, we enjoy working together. The hardest part of the job is multitasking (cleaning/stocking up) during busy rushes. This is otherwise a really fun job, it's a great experience with really nice people to work with.
Pros
A fun and challenging experience, great people to work with, 50% off food
Cons
stressful, busy, physically challenging, difficult customers, long hours, a lot of cleaning, mostly night shifts available
A place to be part of a secondary family
cashier, sandwich and fries area and drive-thru (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
Wendy's is a great place to offer job experience and knowing the basic work etiquettes and rules. Flexible hours, as well friendly coworkers and supervisors are reasons to join. You can make really great, close friends. As of the learning aspects, this place offers great experience handling situations between customers and employees as well as etiquettes of being welcoming to others. Overall, a great place to have as a starter job, and to stay
work is fun and like a family
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
typical day at work is a busy one. No work and life balance. management are friendly, coworkers are all hardworking people and treats you like a family inside the restaurant
Very Strict Environment
sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON26 December 2016
Environment was close quarters
Managers were extremely strict with speed of work
"quantity over quality"
co-workers were fairly nice
Some managers tended to hover over shoulders
Need to memorize many, many menu items and what goes into them, even if it just started being sold
Lull times in between rushes are filled by cleaning, even when there is nothing to clean
Pros
close to my house
Cons
Managers very strict, FAST work, little relax time
Awesome place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George26 December 2016
Great tasting food made by great people. The workplace runs so smoothly, everyone works as a team, good place to work and not have one job the entire time. Get trained to do other jobs. Food discounts, everyone has fun. Communication was top notch. Training was very efficient. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, because this establishment makes such good food times get really busy.
Pros
Oustanding communication, team huddles
Cons
None.
team work
Gérante (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC21 December 2016
The most think that i like working there is the team work.
You all working hard for the same goal: the customer, and of course all the fun's come with it.
A typical restaurant workplace
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2016
Wendy's is a workplace where sometimes one can get annoyed of doing the same things over and over. Working in the kitchen is the hardest thing to do and least paying too.
Pros
Half price on the menu
Cons
Hard to work
Hard place to work but wonderful team
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 December 2016
Working at Wendy's was certainly an experience. The team were always friendly, kind and positive people. I learned a lot about time management, the benefits of a positive attitude and keeping a smile on my face even on the hardest and most trying of days. I worked at wendy's for about two years and I found the hardest part of the job was trying to provide both a quick yet friendly and reliable atmosphere for our guests. Management could be very pushy and not very encouraging which made working in that environment very trying and difficult. I love providing excellent customer service, showcasing my skills and providing top class results in my work but I don't think it was the ideal environment for me.
Pros
teamwork, flexible, friendly
Cons
stressful, rushed, no benefits or encouragement
n/a
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2016
good employer, decent salary, ok hours, great management, good break times and discounts on food . many locations clean, interior
Productive, good environment
Work on grill,dishwashing,fries stattion (Current Employee) –  Dawson creek,BC12 December 2016
Productive, good environment, co-workers are very co -operative , managment is well disciplined as well as all employees.
Was great place to work
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON12 December 2016
It was a great place to work, would go back if they payed more.. I loved working there, it was a fast paced environment with great people.
Reason I left was because 1 manager brought chicken out of fryer early and I complained and he didn't get in trouble for a serious issue.. So I said I cant work for a place like that.
Pros
great employees
Cons
minimum wage job
What you expect from fast food
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 December 2016
good environment and people, not too demanding. If you work hard they give you more hours and reward you with meals and preferd days off. Above average job.
flippin burgers
Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON7 December 2016
high paced burger flippin'. Did not enjoy any of this job. Super high paced on a busy highway. Good management. location has since been shut down
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
bad pay
Do not join
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 December 2016
Terrible management, low pay, insulting staff. its like you give your all and in return ,you get 5%.the hardest part to please management. they don't care about customer or staff. its all about money.
Horrible management. Improper training for employees.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 December 2016
I got hired here and they didnt show me where anything was. They got a guy to train me and he was only there for 3 weeks. I later had to train someone and i was only there for a week. You get 50% off meals only when youre working. You only get 1 half hr break thats unpaid and You dont get two 15 min breaks if you work 8 hrs. I asked for full time work and i get less then 40 hrs a week and i make min wage. All the managers are philipino except the owners son.
Pros
50% off meals (only when youre working)
Cons
Horrible trainers, no 15 minute breaks, no free meals, only minimum wage for full time workers.
Pleasant and efficient work enviornment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2016
The Wendy's I worked at was a healthly work enviornment with a supportive and fair management team.

Some of my daily responsibilities as a team member were: taking orders, stocking, doing dishes, cleaning, taking out garbage, and food preparations for the next shift (cutting tomatoes, onions etc).
Safe clean Place to work, Advancement Opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2016
Working at Wendys was a Good Job for a young and friendly person.

They showed you respect, and treated you fairly, The environment was clean and safe.

They encouraged you to better yourself and gave opportunity to advance into management roles.

Benefits would Include Years worked rewards, Dental/Health.
Pros
Safe, Clean and fair. Indoors work for summer and Winter
Cons
Low pay, Dealing with rude customers
It was a good job for a student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 December 2016
I start off checking in, and then I proceed to my position. In terms of co-workers, they were all very nice people and very helpful. Therefore it is a good job for a student who is seeking for a part time job.
Pros
You will receive discount

2.9