The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

Work Environment
Wendy's Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 23, 2016
The typical day at work is that you come in and set up your station depending on what you're working. I learned how to listen to each customers order over the headset and enter it correctly without messing up the order. Management was great, they were all nice and very friendly people. Co-workers were just a bonus of going to work, as long as you have good co-workers you'll have a good time at work. The hardest part of the job is to make sure you get your service times, sometimes it gets really busy and you just have to work at a faster pace which I like better. The mot enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers, getting to know the regulars and making sure the regulars come back happy.
Pros
Good work enviroment, friendly staff/management, good with schedule, 50% off lunch
Cons
Long shifts
Productive and fun in work site
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 15, 2016
it's enjoyable to serve customers and giving satisfaction to every customers by simply rendering fast,friendly and efficient service to everyone, establish quality product and promote fantastic dining experience. Everyday is a learning experience i have encountered.
Different mood,different nationalities, different people and different attitude to met.
Pros
free meal
Cons
It`s a good place to start out
multi positonal employee (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 19, 2016
The job itself isn`t hard and it is a flexible work place, they give good hours and are willing to help people who need to change their schedules on the fly. It is a good first time employee type of environment.
An interesting experience overall
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  main and vodddenMarch 28, 2016
co workers were anti social and hard to work with
management was very un-organized with scheduling and communication. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the ceiling filters. Most enjoyable part of the job was making regular food orders
Pros
discount on food
Cons
environment was not pleasant
Not very good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 5, 2016
I worked there as a cook for a short period of time. It was not very rewarding except that I met great people. I would like to point out, that the GM was kind enough to allow me to learn enough before my departure.
Pros
Great people and kind GM
Cons
Far from home, dirty and late night closings
Not the best job in the world
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCAugust 11, 2016
Got along great with my boss and coworkers. Pretty fast paced, never bored, always something to do. Did not get enough hours though. Lots of different people to work with, met a few friends.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Not very good wage
customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 4, 2016
*working with different natured people and improving my communication skills.
*This also helped me to understand the nature of people and their way of thinking about certain matters.
*How to react and behave when we get to hectic on drive thru side.
*Also how to make sandwiches and fries.
Great place to build experience and knowlegde
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 17, 2016
At Wendys I was a shift coordinator who supervised and ran variety of shifts from opens to close. My day at work would be the usually organizing of the shift from placement of the team members to preparing products to serve. As well as running the floor during the shift helping in areas needed like drive thru, front counter, food preparation and prep. I learned a lot each and every day due to things always changing. My management staff for the most part were on the same page as others and sometimes bumped head. The team members were good, we had many different types such as students to full time regular staff and they all had different personalities. The hardest part of the job was that the shifts were all over the place. I truely enjoyed the customers and servicing them.
Friendly and professional environment. Inculcated knowledge about management
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
Wendy's helped me in developing my skills in the field of customer service, management,sales and marketing.
I am able to effectively communicate with people because of proper training and guidance provided by superiors.
Customer Greeter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2016
Being the first job, Wendy's is one of the best organization to work at. Very friendly and flexible environment and co-workers to work with. The hardest part about this job was working long hours.
Pros
more than minimum wage
A Complete Mess
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 8, 2016
Working for Wendys wasn't exactly my best/favourite place. The management team was neither friendly or very helpful with training. A shift would be crazy, people bouncing around and yelling at eachother. When I first started there was no guidance.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
It was like a Tornado had gone through the store
Not a happy work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 23, 2016
Not the most comfortable or friendly workplace environment. A lot of favouritism. Not getting enough requested hours. Some very unpleasant managers and coworkers.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Friendly, High Pace, Team work
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 26, 2016
Mostly Friendly Environment, given responsibility in training new employees loved helping, Wonderful Customers, Great Co workers and i loved working at Wendy's.
Pros
Customers and the Managers
Cons
Not enough hours and super late nights
Good starting job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
Good place for your first job, but little to no advancements. Can be stressful if you cant handle busy periods. Poor management but co-workers are alright.
Pros
Good place for your first job.
Cons
Gets tidus very fast. Little to no advancment .
Productive and challenging workplace with friendly staff.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSJune 6, 2016
Fast-paced work environment with friendly and supportive co-workers. Management team was helpful, and willing to teach. Despite the long hours, still a rewarding experience.
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the staff is great and the work is very balanced! The hardest part of this job was resolving issues such as angry customers, but overall it is an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Great shifts and hours
crew are good
Food counter attendant (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABAugust 20, 2016
the staff are good and the culture is good as well but the fall is you don't get enough hours to support your family needs.need more improvements for management
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
short hours
Great starter Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, ABFebruary 23, 2016
I got the job in high school people i worked with were fun up beat yet very hard workers; when something needed to be done they did it
In the end I was training for supervisor but then moved away I put sandwiches together cooked the meats fries washed floors dishes ran cashier started helping with inventory counts was a fun job.
Wendy's is a good place to work.
Customer Service /Cook (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 3, 2016
At Wendy's I am being treated well by my managers and colleagues. The working environment is friendly and relaxed. I learnt many new areas such as sandwich cook, customer service at Wendy's.
it is easy working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 19, 2016
experience was good, learned about customer service tips. workmates were very supportive. this job increased my confidence as before i was not good at dealing with people.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
busy, difficult to take breaks

2.8