The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging workplace with friendly staff.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSJune 6, 2016
Fast-paced work environment with friendly and supportive co-workers. Management team was helpful, and willing to teach. Despite the long hours, still a rewarding experience.
Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJune 6, 2016
It was a fast food restauraunt i worked at. busy during lunch and supper rush, but quiet for the rest of the day. i learned that they live up to their word when they say the meat is fresh never frozen
Fast-paced with flexible hours, pay is okay for what it is but good benefits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONJune 4, 2016
Great boss, mostly friendly & competent coworkers, decent pay and good benefits for supervisors/managers. Also flexible hours which is really nice.

Can get really hot in there though and stressful at times (typical of customer service especially food service). Some of the hours are pretty long in the summer (open later) and the constant hand washing can hurt some people's skin. There is some room for advancement especially if you apply yourself you'll be noticed and rewarded. Your general manager makes all the difference! Also the benefits at this location for the supervisors/managers are great.
Pros
discounted/free meals, flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
hot, stressful, customers, sometimes long hours
Learning and enjoyable work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 4, 2016
I really enjoy the work, learned a lot of good things and get a chance to become a manager and learned how to deal with the customers.
Wendy's is a good place to work.
Customer Service /Cook (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 3, 2016
At Wendy's I am being treated well by my managers and colleagues. The working environment is friendly and relaxed. I learnt many new areas such as sandwich cook, customer service at Wendy's.
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the staff is great and the work is very balanced! The hardest part of this job was resolving issues such as angry customers, but overall it is an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Great shifts and hours
fast food
Cashier/ sandwhich maker/french fries cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed the fast paced upbeat work of the fast food environment.Helping custumer get the they needed to enjoy thier day.I cleaned and maintained the dining room to improve customers experiences.
Pros
upbeat fast paced company
Cons
cleaning boys bathrom
Customer Greeter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2016
Being the first job, Wendy's is one of the best organization to work at. Very friendly and flexible environment and co-workers to work with. The hardest part about this job was working long hours.
Pros
more than minimum wage
Cons
Productive and friendly environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 2, 2016
Wendy's gives us a good experience of fast cash handling,working with a crew,simple cooking technics and friendly behaviour in a fast food work place and helps us in order taking and multitasking skills.
Pros
Friendly and active environment
Cons
No major cons
past faced environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
Working at Wendys for 3 years had a lot of fun. You will get to know different kinds of people from the customers and co workers.
You will develop your interpersonal skills, decision making, handling guest complaints and the day to day operations.
Pros
you will know a lot of people
Cons
pressured sometimes
Awsome
Cook Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 1, 2016
The people were nice and respectable. I had no problems with the boss and the work was fast paced which is the way I liked it
Pros
full time
Cons
N/A
Friendly, team-oriented workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 27, 2016
Wendy's was a wonderful place to gain work experience, and develop skills that are critical in a workplace.

Staff is friendly and strives to work as a team in order to maintain effective service and to solve problems.

Not much to say; Wendy's was a very well-rounded place to work, and a fantastic place to be a part of.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Rarely, but difficult to negotiate working days
very fast pace with lots of laughs
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2016
employee weekly scheduling and shipment ordering for the coming days
how to effectively work with a diverse group of people while bringing there talents to fruition
everyone has a different way of doing things
work together for effective workforce
dealing with the public
seeing your job run smoothly and effectively
Pros
free meals
Cons
shift work
Part time (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 22, 2016
There was never time to slack off, always had to be doing something; time went by faster this way. It was my first job and opened me up to communicating with others, it also strengthened my communication skills.
Fast Pace Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 21, 2016
Everyday at the restaurant would be quick and fast. The customers would walk in on a regular basis, handling the dining room and drive thru would get challenging but achievable with a hard working team. The management was on point with delivering quality service and reducing production cost. The co-workers were helpful and believed in team work.
Productive and fun workplace
front line cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 20, 2016
Learned working in coordination with the co- workers.
Enjoyed interacting with the customers.
The management staff was really helpful.
Fun and friendly environment to work at. Crew treat each other like family, because everyone is really close to each other.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 19, 2016
Work is physically tiring, but it's fun working with the people. Most customers are friendly. The management is build very strong. Store is one of the cleanest fast food restaurant.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Physically Demanding
its busy yet fun
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
Its a very busy store yet there a lot of opportunity to learn.
A very professional yet friendly environment with very positive people around.
No matter how stressed or busy work gets yet there's always opportunity to smile and have your moment.
Its only when its busy that when you loose your consistency I get into a difficult situation but with the help of my co-workers and working as a team, I have good team bonding here , I cope with it.
Pros
discount on lunches - 50%
Cons
store closings can get dealyed
Fast-paced work environment
Grill Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2016
Work is fast-paced and rewarding.

I learned how to multitask efficiently, and how to carefully prepare food to ensure quality.

Management is patient, knowledgable, and approachable.

The staff is hard-working and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was multitasking.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of preparing delicious meals.
Nice place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 16, 2016
Work environment was friendly, fast but secure. Everyone had fun doing what they were required to do. Though I didn`t work there for long, while i did work there, I got full time shifts which I loved but my feet hated (stood for up to 5 hours in a row while serving customers) personally would have enjoyed another break after 3 hours but, every job works differently. When it came to the actual learning experience,I was mainly on the front line taking orders and serving the food, whether we had to bag it up or place it on a tray that I would later sanitize upon its return for the next customer (I had a lot of fun doing it) I had a blast working at Wendy`s though i was let go after almost a month of service (was not able to get to speed in time allotted...I am a slow learner) which my parents found to have shot my confidence.The type of shifts I got were day shifts, as listed in my resume, I worked opening, though i mainly worked for the lunch rush, i also worked during the diner rush. I enjoyed the fast pace work environment. definitely helped me pass time.
Pros
Everyone was friendly, plus we got a percentage off our meals (only usable once so use it wisely)
Cons
Long hours of standing still waiting for customers when it was slow

2.8