The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,116 reviews matching the search
productive and fun work place
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  alberta grande prairie3 May 2017
a typical day at work busy, even though it's more enjoyable coz we now we get the highest sales , i learned a lot in this company how to handle a store and to improved more my self-confidence, to mingle to other people. the hardest part of my job in winter time doing the inventory inside the coller and also order taking in drive-thrue,
Pros
free meal
Its fast food
Pickup Window / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC3 May 2017
Typical fast food job nothing special about that side of things. Mostly stuck around because management was amazing and super fun as were my co-workers
Pros
Walking distance, flexable hours
Cons
its fastfood
Good place to work for those seeking part time employment!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON2 May 2017
I have been employed at Wendys for 2.5 years, and until recently have had no complaints.
Important notes:
The hours can be long, on average 8 hours, and you will stay until the close is complete (possibly past 1am).
The managers are friendly enough and will assist you where they can.
The worst part about this job is the late hours, and the smell after a shift.
The best part was the coworkers - if you are in school, you will get along with the rest of the crew because they also are.
Pros
hours are always available
Cons
Its fast fppd.
Productive and welcoming workplace, tough at first but gets better over time
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2017
Working cashier at Wendy's is a task that requires skill as well as concentration. Wendy's has many customers so I would have to keep up with the different orders that came through.
Poor management
Wendy's employee (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON2 May 2017
The work was ok, however the management was awful. Overall it was somewhat enjoyable, but the managers made it difficult to to enjoy your time working.
Cashier/Customer Service & Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON1 May 2017
Working at Wendy's helped me a lot with growing my social skills, i learned how to better speak with customers and learned a lot about time management and how fast food works. Talking a customers order can actually be enjoyable and if you like organization like i do Wendy's is your place.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Short Breaks
i loved it there everyone was nice
everything (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC1 May 2017
everyone was nice they helped me out when I needed it I went in and handed in a resume they called me and said I got the job they offerd me a pop or food I said i'll take a coke
Pros
nice manigers
Cons
nothing bad to say about them
Hated it
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 May 2017
It was nice for a first job but I refuse to ever work at Wendy's again. The management did not keep a cool head in the face of adversity, despite the fact that that is their job. I will never work at Wendy's again as long as I live.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS30 April 2017
every day is different depending on your position. sometimes you greet customers and take orders other times you just make sandwiches busy days are the best cause the day goes quickly.
i learned how to communicate better and time management skills.
the management are all pretty nice and easy to get along with.
the best part of the job is the friendly staff and customers you see each day.
Pros
Discount
Cons
not enough hours
awesome work experience
cashier on Drive (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC29 April 2017
got a lot of experience regarding customer service. I have learned to work efficiently,accurately and with speed. Crew members works as a team.Managers were really helpful and encouraging.
Pros
discount on employ meal
Cons
no health benefits
fast paced and stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 April 2017
A typical day at work included making food, serving customers, getting yelled at, cleaning the washrooms and floors, as well as keeping the dining room clean. New employees are not trained properly which made the job stressful. Managers always give you attitude and intentionally schedule you on days you are not available to work.
Pros
the end of your shift when you get to leave
Cons
poor management, only a 30 min break on a 9 hour shift.
Wendy's Restaurant
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 April 2017
The amount of hours an supervisor gets a week is consistent although the work shifts hours are sporadic. At this job I learned how to communicate with many different type of employees. Good or bad it was always a learning curve to be able to interact with so many different employees. The culture at this workplace was very respectable, everything that is done is to please the customers. The hardest part of the job is during rush hours, being able to keep all the employees under control and working as a single unit. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learned how to be a leader and was able to interact with many different employees.
Pros
Employees were great
Cons
Long shifts during the day
Not too bad
Cashier/Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2017
work was never too much, just right.
Management was okay
Overall work experience was good considering working in a food chain.
Hours were poor, but eventually will improve.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Hours
hard
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 April 2017
customers at one point did get very annoying. some would shout and not be patients which got hard to deal with. overall it was close to home so i was able to walk to work
Pros
close to home
Cons
rude customers
A day's work was very productive and fast paced.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
I enjoyed working in the kitchen and also in the lobby. Kitchen work was fast paced and accurate. I had fun working on the toaster and through the drive through.
Not too bad for a second job
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON26 April 2017
Great dynamic of people both working and customer. Time goes fast when you're busy. They're great to work with your busy schedule if you have another job.
A good place to start
Cashier/Drive thru order taker/Sandwich maker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 April 2017
If you can work in a fast pace environment and can adjust to rapidly changing work environment it is a good place to work and you get to work as a team
Pros
Gives good work skills for other opportunities in the future
Cons
Long hours and physically tiring
love it
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL25 April 2017
worked here 10 years and love it! I am not going to leave just looking for something to go with it. great employers and staff works with a family schedule
fast paced and great staff
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 April 2017
taking orders
interacting with customers
customer service skills
interpersonal skills
team player
working with difficult customers
very friendly and understanding staff
Pros
50% off food
Poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
I can not speak for all Wendy's branches. Although, I will share my work experience at the previous location I worked at. The management was poor - they failed to consider my requested days off and was willing to have workers come in even though they were sick. This could have been a big problem as it promoted the transmission of diseases from foods to people. Some of the employees were unfriendly which made coming to work dreadful. The upside to this was their strict service. They made sure every employee delivered customer's orders accurate and fast. I was also able to perform various tasks at one time. For example, I can take drive-through orders while making part of their orders at the same time and talk among the sandwich makers. I can collect bills while taking another order or promoting combos.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
unfriendly staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9