The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

Do not work at wendys in ck, on!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 17, 2016
The job it's self was typical of fast food work.. really fast paced, easy work, VERY LOW HOURS (managers have favourites) no breaks etc. However the management and employees are worse than any high school clique I've ever heard of! Crew members making others lives miserable, bullying to the point of one girl having a panic attack and needing an ambulance! It is an UNREAL work environment and not in a good way! They took away employee discounts because the GM was stealing money and they decided it was due to employees discounts. Management still gets a free meal though.. No perks for regular crew!! If you have a chance to find a job else where I'd do so! I spent 6 years working there and it was the worst six years of my life.
Pros
I was paid.
Cons
Pretty much everything else is awful.
happy to work the drive in
Service Crew (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 17, 2016
I have a general interest in food and enjoy cooking in general.
I enjoy the challenge of working in a fast paced environment. I would like to stay at Wendys because I like to move to restaurant management or perhaps district manager.
Pros
type of training will I receive
Cons
i might be addicted in working and forgot about going to school
Management style is a mess
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2016
I used to work there for how many years but the store manager there is not respectful to her employees. She don't know the meaning of respect. She keep on embarrasing her managers in front of the crew which is not right. She wants the manager to work everything such as mopping floors at night, do extra cleaning while the crew will just do standing. This is not a healthy environment here because there is a "BLAME GAME" here that can contribute to turn down your confidence and self-esteem.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bias management team
Good place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONJune 15, 2016
Workplace was good with most crew working together and getting along. Issues between some crew and managers. Not hard to catch on to the work and learned to work in a fast paced environment.
Great co workers and good food
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ONJune 7, 2016
Pretty good place to work, very fast pace. Teaches you how to deal with rude and obnoxious customers. The management for the most part was great and very understanding when learning new tasks. The co workers were amazing a fun group of people. The hardest part was keeping a fast pace to maintain drive thru times. The best part of the Job was by far the people I got the pleasure to work with.
Pros
Half of at Lunch
Cons
Certain General Mangers were very unpleasant
Fast pace environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABJune 7, 2016
I believe wendy's is a good place to work. It allows you to gain confidence with customers and gain customer service experience.
Productive and challenging workplace with friendly staff.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSJune 6, 2016
Fast-paced work environment with friendly and supportive co-workers. Management team was helpful, and willing to teach. Despite the long hours, still a rewarding experience.
Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJune 6, 2016
It was a fast food restauraunt i worked at. busy during lunch and supper rush, but quiet for the rest of the day. i learned that they live up to their word when they say the meat is fresh never frozen
Fast-paced with flexible hours, pay is okay for what it is but good benefits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONJune 4, 2016
Great boss, mostly friendly & competent coworkers, decent pay and good benefits for supervisors/managers. Also flexible hours which is really nice.

Can get really hot in there though and stressful at times (typical of customer service especially food service). Some of the hours are pretty long in the summer (open later) and the constant hand washing can hurt some people's skin. There is some room for advancement especially if you apply yourself you'll be noticed and rewarded. Your general manager makes all the difference! Also the benefits at this location for the supervisors/managers are great.
Pros
discounted/free meals, flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
hot, stressful, customers, sometimes long hours
Learning and enjoyable work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 4, 2016
I really enjoy the work, learned a lot of good things and get a chance to become a manager and learned how to deal with the customers.
Wendy's is a good place to work.
Customer Service /Cook (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 3, 2016
At Wendy's I am being treated well by my managers and colleagues. The working environment is friendly and relaxed. I learnt many new areas such as sandwich cook, customer service at Wendy's.
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the staff is great and the work is very balanced! The hardest part of this job was resolving issues such as angry customers, but overall it is an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Great shifts and hours
fast food
Cashier/ sandwhich maker/french fries cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed the fast paced upbeat work of the fast food environment.Helping custumer get the they needed to enjoy thier day.I cleaned and maintained the dining room to improve customers experiences.
Pros
upbeat fast paced company
Cons
cleaning boys bathrom
Customer Greeter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2016
Being the first job, Wendy's is one of the best organization to work at. Very friendly and flexible environment and co-workers to work with. The hardest part about this job was working long hours.
Pros
more than minimum wage
Cons
Productive and friendly environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 2, 2016
Wendy's gives us a good experience of fast cash handling,working with a crew,simple cooking technics and friendly behaviour in a fast food work place and helps us in order taking and multitasking skills.
Pros
Friendly and active environment
Cons
No major cons
past faced environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
Working at Wendys for 3 years had a lot of fun. You will get to know different kinds of people from the customers and co workers.
You will develop your interpersonal skills, decision making, handling guest complaints and the day to day operations.
Pros
you will know a lot of people
Cons
pressured sometimes
Awsome
Cook Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 1, 2016
The people were nice and respectable. I had no problems with the boss and the work was fast paced which is the way I liked it
Pros
full time
Cons
N/A
Friendly, team-oriented workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 27, 2016
Wendy's was a wonderful place to gain work experience, and develop skills that are critical in a workplace.

Staff is friendly and strives to work as a team in order to maintain effective service and to solve problems.

Not much to say; Wendy's was a very well-rounded place to work, and a fantastic place to be a part of.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Rarely, but difficult to negotiate working days
very fast pace with lots of laughs
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2016
employee weekly scheduling and shipment ordering for the coming days
how to effectively work with a diverse group of people while bringing there talents to fruition
everyone has a different way of doing things
work together for effective workforce
dealing with the public
seeing your job run smoothly and effectively
Pros
free meals
Cons
shift work
Part time (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 22, 2016
There was never time to slack off, always had to be doing something; time went by faster this way. It was my first job and opened me up to communicating with others, it also strengthened my communication skills.

2.8