The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

the most enjoyable part of the job
Wendys Restaurant manager (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB19 January 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people
with the different attitudes ,working relationship for both gender ,sometimes you need to enlighten your personal perception to all co worker so you can work them easily ,and do motivation at all times ,keeping your goal and sales to grow by endearing relationship and service to all customer so they will keep coming back for the business,

delegation of work is making you the best team leader that could lead to strong environment for the incoming future of everyone how you stand by your decision in making them responsible for the task they are making.
Pros
making linch on time
Cons
extending hours as needed to operate in service
Pleasant and efficient work enviornment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2016
The Wendy's I worked at was a healthly work enviornment with a supportive and fair management team.

Some of my daily responsibilities as a team member were: taking orders, stocking, doing dishes, cleaning, taking out garbage, and food preparations for the next shift (cutting tomatoes, onions etc).
Learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2016
Wendy's was a really good platform for my job experience. I got to learn how to manage the store and responsibilities and manage the time. I was able to cooperate with people and learn how to deal with them. The drawback of the job was the long hours but the fun part was that we used to spend time together and work as a group and finish the task on time.
Pros
Free food one time
Cons
Long and excessive work shift
Fast paced enviorment.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB9 January 2017
Very fast paced job. Loved interacting with customers. Co-workers were great. Management could learn some interpersonal skills. Could be quite physically demanding at times.
Pros
Interacting with customers
Cons
Shifts only available 1 week at a time, and constantly changed.
It was okay, it payed the bills
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON2 February 2017
All the days begin to blend. This is precarious work at it's finest. There is little room for advancement. I would not recommend for a serious adult with real responsible. It's great first job but do not get too comfortable.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
discount on food
Good place to learn skills
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2017
It is a good place to learn and improvise your skills like labour and cooking and speed. The management is really sweet and helpful. The environment is quite helpful and coperative.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
Good job bad management
Grill Operator (Current Employee) –  British Columbia10 August 2016
The job was alright it is a fast paced environment but the management is horrible. A typical day would get busy around lunch hour and dinner rush.
Great first job
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON16 January 2017
Coworkers were fun. Training system takes a little long to finish. Management is good. Customer satisfaction is priority, although hard at times it is also a great satisfaction to yourself when they are.
Horrible management. Improper training for employees.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 December 2016
I got hired here and they didnt show me where anything was. They got a guy to train me and he was only there for 3 weeks. I later had to train someone and i was only there for a week. You get 50% off meals only when youre working. You only get 1 half hr break thats unpaid and You dont get two 15 min breaks if you work 8 hrs. I asked for full time work and i get less then 40 hrs a week and i make min wage. All the managers are philipino except the owners son.
Pros
50% off meals (only when youre working)
Cons
Horrible trainers, no 15 minute breaks, no free meals, only minimum wage for full time workers.
People made the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON15 July 2016
As you could expect from a fast food company the work wasn't glorious, the pay wasn't great and sometimes the hours were long. But as the title says the real satisfaction was the people I met and the friendships I made. Not just co-workers and management, but regular customers who would come in and I would know them by name and order and we would have discussions about the on-goings of our lives. This was made even more apparent when I finally decided to quit and hearing how sad everyone (management, co-workers and customers) was when they heard about it. All in all was glad that I worked there
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
non-regular hours
What you expect from fast food
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 December 2016
good environment and people, not too demanding. If you work hard they give you more hours and reward you with meals and preferd days off. Above average job.
great team work
Sandwich maker and cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2017
great place to work.i learned how to organise things properly.my co-workers are very helpful.pretty good management
Pros
great discount on food, good team work
Fast pace to work with different people
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 September 2016
In Wendys i learned lot about customer care.how to handle aggressive customers but also i met very good people in my 10 year at Wendys .My management teach me lot,My seniors trusted on me and make me strong everyday.Every day i learn new things, met new people which is always exciting.
Pros
Gets shifts according to our life style
Cons
Hourly wage could be better
Bad Shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 July 2016
The work was ok, shifts ran from 4 to 8 on weekdays and 6 hour to 8 hour shifts on the weekends. I learned how to deal with bad customers and micro organization. Management was horrible, and would change shifts multiple times daily, to the point a schedule was unnecessary because it would change so often you had unpredictable schedule.Co-workers were incredibly nice and were helpful especially for my first job. The hardest part of the job was predicting if i had a shift or not from the constant shifting. I really enjoyed getting to help people out and glad the smile i had on my face made them happy.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
constant shift chnages
It was a good job for a student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 December 2016
I start off checking in, and then I proceed to my position. In terms of co-workers, they were all very nice people and very helpful. Therefore it is a good job for a student who is seeking for a part time job.
Pros
You will receive discount
bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  london27 November 2016
typical day at work was boring. i learned that people are really harsh and unwilling to teach you anything, the management was terrible, if they didn't like you, you got no hours.
Pros
75% off lunch
Cons
dont like you no hours. rude people. rude managers. friend grouping.
was a normal day at work
Front Counter and Drive Thru Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON3 January 2017
i cant remember exactly the year i started but i know i ended in 2007 . i love the staff i work with everyone was friendly i work there again in a heart beat
Pros
discount
Cons
work is fun and like a family
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
typical day at work is a busy one. No work and life balance. management are friendly, coworkers are all hardworking people and treats you like a family inside the restaurant
Good people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake St, Hartzel Rd, Welland Ave,21 November 2016
It is very nice and accommodating to work at Wendy's as they promote within and offer a fun work environment at the locations i worked at employee events were planed twice a year and the management was good
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
hevey lifting
Do not work at wendys in ck, on!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 June 2016
The job it's self was typical of fast food work.. really fast paced, easy work, VERY LOW HOURS (managers have favourites) no breaks etc. However the management and employees are worse than any high school clique I've ever heard of! Crew members making others lives miserable, bullying to the point of one girl having a panic attack and needing an ambulance! It is an UNREAL work environment and not in a good way! They took away employee discounts because the GM was stealing money and they decided it was due to employees discounts. Management still gets a free meal though.. No perks for regular crew!! If you have a chance to find a job else where I'd do so! I spent 6 years working there and it was the worst six years of my life.
Pros
I was paid.
Cons
Pretty much everything else is awful.

2.9