The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

was a good starting job
cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 November 2017
i enjoyed the job but it was verry busy and fast paced .i was only canadian one who worked there at the time so it was a bit stressful trying to communicate in high stress situations but it got better
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS23 November 2017
Management is great but CEO of the store is money hungry and likes to do anything to make money even if that's cutting hours by 20 hours each person .. other then the CEO it is a fun and busy job with great people to work with .. Management is the best there
Pros
Great people
Cons
Owner sucks
Sandwich maker, Fry cook, Morning preparation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2017
they care too much about the company and it's money rather then it's employees. only things I really learned from this job is sandwich making and salad prep.
Overall good
Customer Service Representative/Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 November 2017
I worked with my family so some days were hectic, but it was fun while I was there. The shifts were good and the hours were excellent as I always had a smile on my face after recieving my bi-weekly pay cheques.
Pros
30% off
awesome place to work
cashier/ kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 November 2017
fast paced environment to work in.You learned how to work with others while dealing with the general public.I enjoyed learning how to work the different areas and enjoyed the amount of hrs I worked here
Pros
always worked around my kids schedule
Cons
had to leave work to move back to nl
Fast paced but a fun environment
Wendy's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2017
The work environment was great and the people were fun to be around. The hours were a bit too long with minimal break periods which was tiring. Overall is was a great place because the time was spent productive.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Few Breaks
Productive workplace with regular competitions, daily goals and rewards
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Freeport, Grand Bahama21 November 2017
It was an enjoyable work environment for the most part. Once you get the hang of regular procedures, the job will come easy. At the Wendy's shop I worked at, there were friendly managers which I think really helped with the work environment.
Pros
Percentage off meals
Cons
8 hours standing with only a 30 minute break(might just be at the Wendy's shop that I worked at)
very friendly and open enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 November 2017
Working here was not bad at all, they seemed to hire the best and friendliest people they could. though most were from out of country and their English wasn't the best, they almost always had a better temperament towards colleagues as well as customers.
Their health and safety training was constant and always upgrading, things were always clean and professional.
Pros
friendly co-workers and managers.
Cons
certin materials used in the dine in area, ie. the carpet.
Great way to enhance customer service skills
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 November 2017
Wendys hasn't been pushing me to my full potential and I would like to go somewhere that does, but it is a great first job! You learn more everyday and enhance your communication skills for the real world.
awesome
Back end closer/Order Taker/Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 November 2017
amazing flexible hours
fast paced
paid weekly
room to grow if your working hard
great learning environment
safe from discrimination of any kind !!

Want to know more about The Wendy's Company?

Ask a question
It was ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB20 November 2017
This is messed up, I just did a review for this job but nothing is right. I wouldn't work here again, I wouldn't want my children working here either.
i always want to quit
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 November 2017
The crew members are fun to work with but managers over there aren't professional in my opinion and i don't feel safe, emotionally when i'm on shift. and managers over there tend to take advantage of your kindness
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
good work place
cook (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON16 November 2017
i learned a lot about being apart of a team setting and working alongside others and working in a fast passed environment over all it was a good experience
Mediocre Workplace
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 November 2017
A typical day at work would be cleaning the dining room and then during rush hour doing front sandwiches alone. At the end of my shift i would have to close the area and often stay past the time im supposed to clock out and would not get paid for it.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun fast workplace. Always friendly
Wendy's (Current Employee) –  Canmore, AB15 November 2017
Enjoyable work place easy to learn how to use the equipment. Customer service is very respectable always nice. Clean environment fast food service is surprisingly fun
Pros
Free soft drinks 50% off all products during work hours
Cons
Long hours of cleaning
Using my customer service skills/time management and multi tasking skills daily.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2017
I enjoy my contact with the customers, and have come to know some of the regulars.
My time management and multi-tasking skills are improving daily.
Speed and accuracy are very important in this job, and I pride myself in getting each customers order perfect and to them in a timely fashion.
The workplace culture in my current position is the most challenging part of my job. All of my co-workers (management included), English is not their first language. Depending on the situation, communicating the needs and requirements of the job, can be very difficult.
Pros
Day to day contact with our customers both new and regulars.
Nice work place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 November 2017
Great staff fun people nice location friendly customers
Great work environment always friendly
Great food
Challenging work
Good work and ethics
Awful work place would not reccomend
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnside, NS10 November 2017
This was my first job, and yes it has given me great work experience but I would never recommend this place to ANYONE. I don't know if other locations are different but this one is the worst.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
Mean management, no breaks
productive work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON10 November 2017
At Wendy i learned how to be responsible while working in a fast paste environment, while meeting all of the expectations needed for a successful day. I was a cook so i had to be well trained on food and safety. The hardest part at work would be the environment due to all of the customers coming in all at once making a big order list. Besides that working for Wendy was very enjoyable and all of the co workers were well trained and very helpful.
Pros
i would have employee discount on all food
Cons
dirty work environment
Productive fun place to wrok
Customer service/ food prep (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 November 2017
I was just a teenager when I worked here but from what I remember my boss was fairly nice and the people I worked with where also great, I was just a sandwich maker.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8