The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

productive fun place to work but always on your feet and on the move.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS25 November 2016
was a great place to work, the best job i ever had the people that worked there were great and the general manager there was the best i ever had hes my top reference we really got along well, mostly because i was an excellent employee.
Pros
great workers, great management.
Cons
busy, always on the go, no time for breaks.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Wendys Restaurant manager (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB19 January 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people
with the different attitudes ,working relationship for both gender ,sometimes you need to enlighten your personal perception to all co worker so you can work them easily ,and do motivation at all times ,keeping your goal and sales to grow by endearing relationship and service to all customer so they will keep coming back for the business,

delegation of work is making you the best team leader that could lead to strong environment for the incoming future of everyone how you stand by your decision in making them responsible for the task they are making.
Pros
making linch on time
Cons
extending hours as needed to operate in service
crew are good
Food counter attendant (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB20 August 2016
the staff are good and the culture is good as well but the fall is you don't get enough hours to support your family needs.need more improvements for management
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
short hours
It was okay, it payed the bills
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON2 February 2017
All the days begin to blend. This is precarious work at it's finest. There is little room for advancement. I would not recommend for a serious adult with real responsible. It's great first job but do not get too comfortable.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
discount on food
Great first job, but no advancement in the future.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON23 November 2016
I enjoyed this job as it was my very first job. I learned a lot about time management and scheduling myself for shifts with school and homework. I worked many different positions at this job such as cash, early morning prep, and food preparation. Great atmosphere, everyone works together and managers are kind and understanding.
Customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 March 2017
Wendy's have a really good management and their policies are really helpful mostly for customers as if they have any complain about food or customer service they can write on Wendy's page or can call head office, basically customer service is really good.
Fast-paced Atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 May 2016
I have had nine hour shifts last twelve hours because of training heavily based on video instruction and very little time to train. I learned to handle multiple positions at a time because I was expected to. I learned that a job is not always worth the stress it creates, and a decent paycheck is worthless if you don't have time to spend it. My coworkers were the best part of this job. Customers and management were the most challenging part of the job.
Pros
50% off food while working as employee, 100% off as a manager while working
Cons
Stressful environment, almost no potential for advancement, few rewards upon advancement
Fast paced enviorment.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB9 January 2017
Very fast paced job. Loved interacting with customers. Co-workers were great. Management could learn some interpersonal skills. Could be quite physically demanding at times.
Pros
Interacting with customers
Cons
Shifts only available 1 week at a time, and constantly changed.
Great first job
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON16 January 2017
Coworkers were fun. Training system takes a little long to finish. Management is good. Customer satisfaction is priority, although hard at times it is also a great satisfaction to yourself when they are.
Pleasant and efficient work enviornment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2016
The Wendy's I worked at was a healthly work enviornment with a supportive and fair management team.

Some of my daily responsibilities as a team member were: taking orders, stocking, doing dishes, cleaning, taking out garbage, and food preparations for the next shift (cutting tomatoes, onions etc).
Fast paced
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE11 October 2016
A typical day at work would be busy. I would be in charge of stocking product, preparing orders, probing product ,stocking condiments, cleaning/dishes and prep work. I learned how to make the orders. The management was always helpful as were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being rushed when I started and didn't know how to make the product. The most enjoyable was helping others out when I could , always kept me busy and the discount.
not the best.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 July 2016
not a great work environment, mean people, management lacking, did not seem to know what they were doing
Pros
nothing
Cons
didn't give raises
Good place to learn skills
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2017
It is a good place to learn and improvise your skills like labour and cooking and speed. The management is really sweet and helpful. The environment is quite helpful and coperative.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
great team work
Sandwich maker and cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2017
great place to work.i learned how to organise things properly.my co-workers are very helpful.pretty good management
Pros
great discount on food, good team work
learning new things
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2017
I learn so many thing every day its gud oppurninty I learn how to work in team how to help the management . I help to taking order online . thnku so much
Pros
gud work
Cons
learning thing
Very Flexable Hours
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 February 2017
Hours are very flexible good for students! Also very friendly co-workers and will assist if help is needed! Management was also very co-operative and didn't abuse the power
Horrible management very racist towards white people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK19 July 2016
Could not stand it felt unappreciated low pay no raise or promotion after doing what asked to deserve one. There was no true team work put all the work on me and my friend no good came from this. Was fired for not getting a doctors note for having h1n1
Pros
Discount
Training unsufficiant
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 March 2017
As the company was understaffed at the time I was not given adequate training and was therefore uncomfortable working there. However, the staff was friendly and helpful when they were able to help me. The hardest part of the job was when you messed up an order and had to throw out the whole sandwich, and we have starving people on the streets. It was hard because you had to start all over and you were behind. If you are unable to handle stress and deadlines this is not the job for you.
Pros
10 percent off, friendly staff
Cons
inadequate training, managing problems
Productive but also enjoyable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE4 March 2017
While working at Wendy's I have learned a lot from my management team such as time management in a fast paced environment.
Pros
The team I get to work with
Horrible management. Improper training for employees.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 December 2016
I got hired here and they didnt show me where anything was. They got a guy to train me and he was only there for 3 weeks. I later had to train someone and i was only there for a week. You get 50% off meals only when youre working. You only get 1 half hr break thats unpaid and You dont get two 15 min breaks if you work 8 hrs. I asked for full time work and i get less then 40 hrs a week and i make min wage. All the managers are philipino except the owners son.
Pros
50% off meals (only when youre working)
Cons
Horrible trainers, no 15 minute breaks, no free meals, only minimum wage for full time workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9