The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly and professional environment. Inculcated knowledge about management
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
Wendy's helped me in developing my skills in the field of customer service, management,sales and marketing.
I am able to effectively communicate with people because of proper training and guidance provided by superiors.
Interesting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 21, 2016
I learned a lot about the food industry and meet many different types of people who were very interesting. The management wasn't exactly the best. They need to work on that, and be more clear about regulations.
its a best way to connect with and work with other people
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 17, 2016
You get to connect with different companies and work with awesome people here. It will be a pleasure to join skip the dishes and work with them.
Great work environment
Cook (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Good work experience
Cons: Long Hours
A great quality fast food restaurant with good management with hard working employees who aim at providing fresh quality food
The staff is the best part of the job. It looks like any easy job but it's really not that easier. my co-workers make it easier.
Wendy's Cashier (Current Employee), 2013 Lawrence Avenue WestMarch 15, 2016
Pros: 50% off meals, the staff is hilarious and fun which makes the shift easier.
Cons: managing life and work can get a little complicated with the hours.
Depending on if its hectic, you day can go either way. You get to meeting interesting people, some customers are humorous and some are rude but you must keep smiling through it all because it help. I've been yelled and complemented in the span of 20 minutes. Everything can go really well or completely wrong but at the end of the day, you're still getting paid.
Strong Team Player, Hardworking, multitasker
Crew Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 14, 2016
Handled all Cash and Debit transactions.Taking orders from customers and providing solid customer service.Preparing and packaging food and orders as requested by customers and beating drive-thru time.
Preparation of Food/Condiments ensuring that restaurant is well stocked. Washing dishes and mopping floors when needed
i gained experience, exposure to the real society, personal, professional and financial development. I feel, discrimination & bullying, as well.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Langley, BCMarch 14, 2016
Work in a shift is almost physical, a bit of mental. I learned & accept that co-workers, supervisors also, sometimes do not consider an individual as human. The pressure that a supervisor imposes an employee to be done with all the works, without considering the load, on busy days, on time is so stressful. It is a very good feeling if a supervisor show appreciation on the efficient performance of duty and give a person the chance to learn a different task, aside from what he/she is doing every shift.
entitled managers, lazy staff
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: discount on meals
Cons: inconsistent shifts
store managers would feel they were entitled to a 9-5 job and would schedule accordingly, shift managers did more actual work making sure the store ran smoothly. staff would consistently cut corners at least in that respect they were consistent) after one month there I was already looking for a new job.
Good Start
Team Member (Current Employee), Penticton, BCMarch 12, 2016
Being in a new town I would say that Wendys was a good place to start. Nice group of people to work with and understanding managers that work with your schedule.
Boring as heck
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 12, 2016
Pros: Breaks with lunch
Cons: Not enough hours
All I do is stand in front of the grill, I only learned how to use the grill and clean things, since I haven't done any other position. I think management is fair, but they can really be nepotistic. I have some good co-workers, but most of them are not very bright, and they are too lazy to do certain tasks at Wendy's. I can't think of any enjoyable part of the job, since most of the time I'm just standing around flipping burgers. The hardest part of the job is keeping up through rush hour.
It's a whole bunch of fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2016
Although everyone gets paid the same wage and there is not a lot of room to advance forward in Wendy's you can have a great time. The management is really good, the people are very nice and the hours are very flexible. It's a good job to have throughout high school, you are able to learn about things you wouldn't be able to know on your own and you get to work with people. Shifts are a decent length and cleaning is not that much of a hassle, I loved working at my Wendy's.
cashier
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 9, 2016
i enjoyed the people i worked with a fast pace work environment
learning new things and helping new employees
management was good and effective
Fun, working environment
Crew trainer, grill man, cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
Pros: 50% off on meals
Cons: sometimes my hours were cut because we had many people working.
A typical day at wendy's would be me coming in and the managers letting me know what position i was to work that day. usually i would be put on grill or on drive thru. When i was on the grill position my duties were to drop the chicken, the strips, and the meat for the different sandwiches. When i was on drive thru a typical day was taking orders and making drinks while someone else would put the orders together and give the food to the customers. I think the funnest part was getting a good time. Every day was a challenge starting with a time of 132 and having to bring it down to a good time of 90 or 100. the best time i had was 82 and my boss was really happy about this. If i ever worked night shifts my duties were to close the grill station make sure everything was nice and neat for the morning and if there was a new person i would train and evaluate them for the managers and boss.
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Nobel, ONMarch 9, 2016
The day at wendys would start out always fun and we always work as a team no matter what and you dont see that much these day on that matter
A Complete Mess
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Discounted food
Cons: It was like a Tornado had gone through the store
Working for Wendys wasn't exactly my best/favourite place. The management team was neither friendly or very helpful with training. A shift would be crazy, people bouncing around and yelling at eachother. When I first started there was no guidance.
An Incredible Place to Learn and Refine Skills
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Unstable schedualling
Upon entering the Wendy's establishment I was always greeted with a friendly welcome. I learned that more can be accomplished simply with kindness and understanding than with dictatorship and micro management. Wendy's was a perfect example of how collectively as a group men and women could be placed in a fast paced and at times stressful environment and yet still achieve superior goals when the crew and the lower management was lead with clear expectations, organization and gratitude for a job well done. The most challenging aspect of working as a manager often times was finding an effective way to blend the unique personalities of each employee while allowing them to do the jobs that they where best at...."Aces in their Places". By doing so effectively as a team we were able to meet service times, projected sales, friendly work environment and superior customer service. The most enjoyable part of working at Wendy's as a manager by far was having an opportunity to spend my days with intelligent, capable and overall incredible people who made work feel like a second home and the staff feel like extended family.
great place to work
Line Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: free lunch some days
Cons: 10 hours days
love this job until I moved away

learned to handle fast food and handle the customers a lot better and make them smile

Manager was the great loved working with them all

There was no problems at this job at all
Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 7, 2016
It was a good job the hours were good and I liked the people. It was just very difficult to work full time hours while going to school at the same time.
great bosses
Station leader for morning and afternoon prep (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 6, 2016
this was m first job and i learned an awful lot. i worked with people everyday and i loved that i really did well in the customer service field
teamwork
CASHIER/SANDWICH MAKER (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 4, 2016
Pros: % off food
teamwork was a big area in this job it was in fort mcmurry lived out the for about a 2 years never thought I would see myself flipping burgers.
Headquarters