The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Good place to work, friendly people, great bosses
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONApril 13, 2016
It was a very busy place to work. The regular customers there are great people and just make your day . I managed there and the rest of the management team were good people and we felt like a great team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the upset customers, but I would always make sure they were leaving happy. The best part of the job was the management team and crew. Everybody for the most part got along great and we all fit like puzzle pieces. I have taken great work ethics and lessons way from that place, like customer satisfaction, and positions of authority.
Pros
free food, good people
Cons
upset cutomers, and free food lol
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  2400 Dundas street westAugust 12, 2016
Wendy's was fun to work at, it helped me build up work experience but after 4 years it is time for something new.
I learned many different skills like taking orders, cleaning, customer service, dealing with complaints, and working effectively with a team.
Pros
50% off
Cons
not reliable shifts
Fun and friendly environment to work at. Crew treat each other like family, because everyone is really close to each other.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 19, 2016
Work is physically tiring, but it's fun working with the people. Most customers are friendly. The management is build very strong. Store is one of the cleanest fast food restaurant.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Physically Demanding
Wendys
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 20, 2016
-A typical day at Wendy would be, 7am show up and get the restaurant set up before we open, Work hard and leave at 4pm.

-I learned working at a fast food place is that you have to deal with customers getting angry or mad, But always have a smile on your face.

-The most enjoyable part of this job was that i could talk and interact with the customers in stand of just keeping quite.
Pros
50% off
Cons
not treated well
past faced environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
Working at Wendys for 3 years had a lot of fun. You will get to know different kinds of people from the customers and co workers.
You will develop your interpersonal skills, decision making, handling guest complaints and the day to day operations.
Pros
you will know a lot of people
Cons
pressured sometimes
fun work place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 14, 2016
I like working at Wendy's. It is a place where you can have fun as well as learn more from the customers. I got to learn a lot from my co-workers and from the customers. The hardest part of the job is having long hours shift where as I enjoy working while talking with the people.
Decent beginning job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 11, 2016
Not a hard job to get the hang of, it is an easy job to do that can easily be worked around your schedule. It is easy to work here as a student, or someone who has other priorities. I personally found that management were not properly trained to deal with certain situations.
productive but bad management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 30, 2016
Management here sucked. I never wanted to go to work due to the ignorance there! I put up with it long enough. They had me working 6 days out of 7, without having me at at least 40 hours. On civic holidays they would have me come in for 3 hour shifts. One time they threw my work shoes out that I left in the crew room, where everyone else's shoes were stored.
Pros
half off food
Cons
they would give me 6 shifts a week and i would only get 37 hours.
Productive and freindly enviornment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 8, 2016
Wendy's is a very fast pace job. I had to memorize everything on the menu which was hard at first but all my co-workers were very kind and friendly which made it much easier. Overall it is a great environment.
Pros
Free drinks and 50% off food
Work Environment Hazardous
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 27, 2016
During my time working at Wendy's, 4 years, I found I learned a lot, but after a while the working environment became too negative and I didn't enjoy working there anymore. Some of the other people working there don't treat you very well. However, the some of the management team is nice to work with, others not so much.
Pros
Bad work environment
exciting place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2016
A fast paced funfilled environment to work ,
very cooperative management and co workers ,
meeting new people every day and assisting them in best possible way,
customer centric policies ,nice people and place to work
Pros
discounted food
Cons
not any
Fun, easy going, flexible hours
Cashier & Food Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ONSeptember 8, 2016
Overall, Wendy's is a wonderful place to work. The staff is caring and friendly and the hours can be adjusted according to your schedule needs. I would recommend for new workers/ students.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Not enough hours
fast food
Cashier/ sandwhich maker/french fries cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed the fast paced upbeat work of the fast food environment.Helping custumer get the they needed to enjoy thier day.I cleaned and maintained the dining room to improve customers experiences.
Pros
upbeat fast paced company
Cons
cleaning boys bathrom
The staff is the best part of the job. It looks like any easy job but it's really not that easier. my co-workers make it easier.
Wendy's Cashier (Current Employee) –  2013 Lawrence Avenue WestMarch 15, 2016
Depending on if its hectic, you day can go either way. You get to meeting interesting people, some customers are humorous and some are rude but you must keep smiling through it all because it help. I've been yelled and complemented in the span of 20 minutes. Everything can go really well or completely wrong but at the end of the day, you're still getting paid.
Pros
50% off meals, the staff is hilarious and fun which makes the shift easier.
Cons
managing life and work can get a little complicated with the hours.
Wendy's Restuarant, New Liskeard
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONApril 16, 2016
When I was a crew leader at Wendy's Restaurant, New Liskeard, I had a great opportunity at taking an authoritative position.
The general manager was awesome! Very easy going and resolved conflict professionally. He made every work shift enjoyable and showed great motivation and appreciation to his staff members.
Front cash
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 14, 2016
I would take orders and deliver them to trays, clean tables and washrooms. I would also prepare for opening in mornings, prepare food along with turning on fryers and stoves.
Food Prep, cut up veggie and make sure everything was fresh and ready
Pros
good pay for my age
Cons
not demanding enough
i gained experience, exposure to the real society, personal, professional and financial development. I feel, discrimination & bullying, as well.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 14, 2016
Work in a shift is almost physical, a bit of mental. I learned & accept that co-workers, supervisors also, sometimes do not consider an individual as human. The pressure that a supervisor imposes an employee to be done with all the works, without considering the load, on busy days, on time is so stressful. It is a very good feeling if a supervisor show appreciation on the efficient performance of duty and give a person the chance to learn a different task, aside from what he/she is doing every shift.
Productive and friendly environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 2, 2016
Wendy's gives us a good experience of fast cash handling,working with a crew,simple cooking technics and friendly behaviour in a fast food work place and helps us in order taking and multitasking skills.
Pros
Friendly and active environment
Cons
No major cons
Understandable workplace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 3, 2016
3 hour shifts
Most to do out of other employees
Managers with different work place requirements
Doing patty's, nuggets, fries, restocking, cleaning most work areas
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Environment not so confortable
Boring as heck
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 12, 2016
All I do is stand in front of the grill, I only learned how to use the grill and clean things, since I haven't done any other position. I think management is fair, but they can really be nepotistic. I have some good co-workers, but most of them are not very bright, and they are too lazy to do certain tasks at Wendy's. I can't think of any enjoyable part of the job, since most of the time I'm just standing around flipping burgers. The hardest part of the job is keeping up through rush hour.
Pros
Breaks with lunch
Cons
Not enough hours

2.8