The Wendy's Company

7.9K reviews

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy, fun and everyone worked as a team!
Drive thru, Food prep, cleaning (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches, meeting awesome people
Cons: working until three am and not having anyway home.
A typical day at work at Wendy's was always busy. it made the job fun and you were always doing something. it made you work as a team. I learned a lot working for Wendy's, a lot of the prep work, using the grills, properly cleaning fryers, and cash. The hardest part of working for Wendy's was when someone would call in sick and a rush would come, that's when team work really came to play.
fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
it is a good and safe work place,i have learned to work in a fast paced work place.The co-workers are really helpful.
I have learned good communication skills through the customer care service.
demanding and fast paced environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Port Perry, ONOctober 18, 2015
Pros: 50% off
Cons: not friendly work environment
good experience working at wendy's, learned to manage time effectively and basic health and safety procedures. adapted to various shift hours and job requirements
team member star
Manager (Current Employee), markhamOctober 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: late night closing
in this company i had lots of opportunity to learn the skills which can benefit me in future like communication with customers and having multitasking skills.it was great experience to being worker and manager with my hard working
Good survial job
Crew Member, Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: job profile
Cons: benefits
Bad benefits, good work hours and management and experience. good for survival job. Lots of skills get polished. But because of too many managers, it becomes difficult to carry out orders from 3 people since many a times they clash with each other. They don't want to spend on employees but from a survival point of view its ok if you don't get anything else
Great Company
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 14, 2015
Was a very fast paced company, lots of multitasking and organization was required as certain times of the day would get very busy. Handling cash was a huge part of the job and had to be careful considering there were lots of customers in line.
Fast paced workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Vaughan, OntarioOctober 13, 2015
Typical day at work was taking & completing orders in a short period of time, while going above and beyond a customer's expectations for good service. Also maintaining a clean work space & restrooms. Co workers are friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was just meeting new people everyday. The hardest part was keeping up with the pace while maintaining everything else asked of you.
staff was awesom
cash (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCOctober 13, 2015
I really like working there the staff was great didn't want to leave but my marriage was falling apart and had to leave due to personal reasons
Good job to balance with school
Line Cook (Current Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 13, 2015
This job was great to do alongside school as it was a simple job that I could bring down to only 5-10 hours a week if need be. The environment was great as most of the people that worked there were younger kids with tons of energy, some of which I have made friends with.
Wonderful Wendy's
Cook (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 11, 2015
Pros: Half price on food
Cons: If the customer complains about the ingredients in the burgers
At the time, I was the sandwich maker so I learn how to make the different type of burgers and meals. I was eventually promoted to also work the grill and stove.
overall a fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 9, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: low wages
great learning experience for someone not familiar with the service industry. fast paced, never an idle moment. high standards had to be met at all times with very little in the way of staff
Drive Thur Cashier (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 8, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: supervisors and managers
Would not recommend this job to anyone who is not under the age of 30. Have to be in an certain circle.This company does not like people who complain about things or if a certain manager or supervisor does not like you they will treat you like garbage so that you have no choice but to quit.
Fast paced and energetic environment.
Manager (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 8, 2015
The atmosphere was great and I enjoyed my co-workers. The owners were great ladies but tended to let things slide with the teenagers and allowed a lot of insubordination.
Wendy's was a great learning experience
Line cook, cashier, food prep, and sandwich maker (Current Employee), Tecumseh, ONOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours for schooling. Fast paced environment teaches a lot.
A typical day at Wendy's involved food prep and construction. I would deal with typically the smooth running of the kitchen area. With my knowledge and six years of experience, I would be making sure everyone was doing their job, and offer help if need be.

I've learned much there including how to multitask and work in a stressful environment. I've also learned how to be part of a team in both the leading and following roles.

My co-workers would range from great to not so great. It was really a mixed bag of whether or not you would have a decent crew to work with. Some had bad attitudes or were just lazy. For the most part though, I've really enjoyed working with the people I have and would not have changed a thing.

The hardest part of the job truthfully is dealing with people. The customers can be unruly and co-workers may not be doing their jobs. This leaves the slack to be pulled up by other employees. This makes my life and others shifts more difficult.

The most enjoyable part of the job was also the people. Some days you would have a great crew and great customers. The people would really make a difference on whether or not a day would be great, good, or bad.
Fun and positive work place
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Managers could get very rude
A typical day at work involved taking orders, aging food, making sandwiches and communicating with customers and other employees. While working there I learned to deal with customer issues, we often felt with the customers ourselves instead of involving a manager. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting the amazing people that I was fortunate enough to meet.
Great Food And Service
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), EdmontonSeptember 26, 2015
This is a great and a fun place to work at. The day would start with a smile a fun here lots of greetings. The management is really supportive. Lot of guidance online and offline
Typical day at wendys
Cashier & Sandwich maker (Current Employee), Wendys Clifton Hill Niagara fallsSeptember 25, 2015
A typical day at wendy's is like any day at a fast food restaurant. You learn so many things but at wendy's the managers and co workers treat you with respect everyday. I have learned how to open the restaurant and close it. All thanks to the patience that the managers had to train me. I learned in no time. Co workers as well are very friendly but I am easy to get along with and get along with just about anyone. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the rushes and with working on clifton hill you get so many rushes. All you need to do is do your best and go as fast as you can. Being friendly all the time and providing fast and friendly service is a must. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting compliments from the customers of how nice I am to them and how they love my service. Many customers have told me that I am the nicest person who has ever served them in a long time or if any before.
if you can handle multi tasking and fast pace
Crew person (Former Employee), winnipegSeptember 25, 2015
Too overwhelming and busy for my taste, they need to give more training and have more patients with new staff that are still learning the ropes
Co - Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 24, 2015
Love this place, part of a team, easy to talk to managers, flexible work schedule. Personal growth within restaurant has built my confidence way up.
Baptism of Fire
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Learned how to say "Thank You" in several languages, I taught myself sign language for our special needs customers
Cons: cavendum opifici
There are a number of areas that are begging for improvement in both the management as well as the crew level.

If most of the grey areas and concerns are addressed, then working conditions, customer relations and employee morale would be given the much needed boost.
Headquarters