The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

entitled managers, lazy staff
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 14, 2016
store managers would feel they were entitled to a 9-5 job and would schedule accordingly, shift managers did more actual work making sure the store ran smoothly. staff would consistently cut corners at least in that respect they were consistent) after one month there I was already looking for a new job.
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
inconsistent shifts
Work Environment
Wendy's Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 23, 2016
The typical day at work is that you come in and set up your station depending on what you're working. I learned how to listen to each customers order over the headset and enter it correctly without messing up the order. Management was great, they were all nice and very friendly people. Co-workers were just a bonus of going to work, as long as you have good co-workers you'll have a good time at work. The hardest part of the job is to make sure you get your service times, sometimes it gets really busy and you just have to work at a faster pace which I like better. The mot enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers, getting to know the regulars and making sure the regulars come back happy.
Pros
Good work enviroment, friendly staff/management, good with schedule, 50% off lunch
Cons
Long shifts
Front cash
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 14, 2016
I would take orders and deliver them to trays, clean tables and washrooms. I would also prepare for opening in mornings, prepare food along with turning on fryers and stoves.
Food Prep, cut up veggie and make sure everything was fresh and ready
Pros
good pay for my age
Cons
not demanding enough
Good learning experience
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 9, 2016
Wendy's was my first job with pay. Working at Wendy's was a great learning experience. I was able to develop better listening skills and come out of my comfort zone in order to interact with customers. The hardest part of the job was just being new and having to get used to my surrounding and co-workers. At first I had very bad anxiety so I found it difficult and terrifying to interact with customers, but after some practice I became more confident in myself and my work ethic. During the summer I worked full time, approximately 8-9 hours a day. Whereas, during school time they were very flexible and understanding of my school schedule and I was able to work 2-3 days a week. The best part of the job was once again just finally gaining work experience and being able to learn how to interact with different people and personalities, whether good or bad, and learning how to handle different scenarios.
Productive and fun in work site
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 15, 2016
it's enjoyable to serve customers and giving satisfaction to every customers by simply rendering fast,friendly and efficient service to everyone, establish quality product and promote fantastic dining experience. Everyday is a learning experience i have encountered.
Different mood,different nationalities, different people and different attitude to met.
Pros
free meal
fun work place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 14, 2016
I like working at Wendy's. It is a place where you can have fun as well as learn more from the customers. I got to learn a lot from my co-workers and from the customers. The hardest part of the job is having long hours shift where as I enjoy working while talking with the people.
Decent beginning job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 11, 2016
Not a hard job to get the hang of, it is an easy job to do that can easily be worked around your schedule. It is easy to work here as a student, or someone who has other priorities. I personally found that management were not properly trained to deal with certain situations.
fast food
Cashier/ sandwhich maker/french fries cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed the fast paced upbeat work of the fast food environment.Helping custumer get the they needed to enjoy thier day.I cleaned and maintained the dining room to improve customers experiences.
Pros
upbeat fast paced company
Cons
cleaning boys bathrom
Lack of respect for employee's
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 25, 2016
Managers, often yell at you and talk down to you.
Don't respect you as a person.
No flexibility with scheduling or days off.
Work you to the max.
Zero toleration for mistakes no matter how small.
Long hours.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Horrible Managers, Super Long Shifts, Lots of work
Great place to build experience and knowlegde
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 17, 2016
At Wendys I was a shift coordinator who supervised and ran variety of shifts from opens to close. My day at work would be the usually organizing of the shift from placement of the team members to preparing products to serve. As well as running the floor during the shift helping in areas needed like drive thru, front counter, food preparation and prep. I learned a lot each and every day due to things always changing. My management staff for the most part were on the same page as others and sometimes bumped head. The team members were good, we had many different types such as students to full time regular staff and they all had different personalities. The hardest part of the job was that the shifts were all over the place. I truely enjoyed the customers and servicing them.
Productive and friendly environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 2, 2016
Wendy's gives us a good experience of fast cash handling,working with a crew,simple cooking technics and friendly behaviour in a fast food work place and helps us in order taking and multitasking skills.
Pros
Friendly and active environment
Cons
No major cons
pros:free lunch Cons:short breaks
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 6, 2016
Wendy's was a good experience for me. i was able to learn how to be patient when dealing with customers. The hardest part about working at Wendy's was keeping the balance between working hard and keeping your team happy then working hard to keep the customers happy.
An interesting experience overall
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  main and vodddenMarch 28, 2016
co workers were anti social and hard to work with
management was very un-organized with scheduling and communication. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the ceiling filters. Most enjoyable part of the job was making regular food orders
Pros
discount on food
Cons
environment was not pleasant
customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 4, 2016
*working with different natured people and improving my communication skills.
*This also helped me to understand the nature of people and their way of thinking about certain matters.
*How to react and behave when we get to hectic on drive thru side.
*Also how to make sandwiches and fries.
Friendly and professional environment. Inculcated knowledge about management
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
Wendy's helped me in developing my skills in the field of customer service, management,sales and marketing.
I am able to effectively communicate with people because of proper training and guidance provided by superiors.
Not very good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 5, 2016
I worked there as a cook for a short period of time. It was not very rewarding except that I met great people. I would like to point out, that the GM was kind enough to allow me to learn enough before my departure.
Pros
Great people and kind GM
Cons
Far from home, dirty and late night closings
A Complete Mess
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 8, 2016
Working for Wendys wasn't exactly my best/favourite place. The management team was neither friendly or very helpful with training. A shift would be crazy, people bouncing around and yelling at eachother. When I first started there was no guidance.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
It was like a Tornado had gone through the store
Great starter Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, ABFebruary 23, 2016
I got the job in high school people i worked with were fun up beat yet very hard workers; when something needed to be done they did it
In the end I was training for supervisor but then moved away I put sandwiches together cooked the meats fries washed floors dishes ran cashier started helping with inventory counts was a fun job.
Good part time job for student or first job.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJanuary 10, 2016
Good part time job for a student, typical day includes positional tasks/cleaning, very busy lunch rush at my location. As it is my first job, I learned a lot about maintaining a job and what it takes to be an appreciated employee. I've met lots of awesome people that I'll be friends with long time, and also some not so great people, which I'm assuming is the same at any job! The hardest part of the job for me would be the whole concept of fast AND neat, one at a time is a piece of cake, but not so much both during a rush. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with, being around an awesome crew makes the day go by much more enjoyably and smoothly.
fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 8, 2016
a typical day consisted of taking in orders of customers and making their food so that it was enjoyable to eat/drink.i learned how to deal with cranky customers and how count cash make the sandwitches and make the chilli and baked patoies cook on the grill for the meat.management was great.co-workers were awsome.the hardest part of the job was there was anything that wasnt hard.the most enjoyable part was the people and the workers and management to work with.

2.8