The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Great first job, but no advancement in the future.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON23 November 2016
I enjoyed this job as it was my very first job. I learned a lot about time management and scheduling myself for shifts with school and homework. I worked many different positions at this job such as cash, early morning prep, and food preparation. Great atmosphere, everyone works together and managers are kind and understanding.
Sandwhich maker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON11 November 2016
I think its a great job. I have learned a lot. I feel like i have achieve my goals on becoming a productive at my job.this job has brought be threw rushes and to become good at managing my time.
Pros
Get time off when i want
Not very professional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON12 July 2016
It would have been a great experience but the timing wasn't right. Unfortunately, shortly after I got the job, we found out my dad was dying of cancer and he was only going to live for 3 more weeks. When my dad passed away, I couldn't function at all as it was also the first death I ever had to deal with and watching my father wither away to nothing really got to me.

When I told my manager, she told me I can take time off. However, other managers and co-workers were gossiping regarding the time I took off due to my dads death.

Other than that, it was a great experience. I was a very independent worker and extremely friendly to the customers and my co-workers.

I learnt even if people are going to be bitter and negative, just kill them with kindness.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
gossiping
Pleasant and efficient work enviornment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2016
The Wendy's I worked at was a healthly work enviornment with a supportive and fair management team.

Some of my daily responsibilities as a team member were: taking orders, stocking, doing dishes, cleaning, taking out garbage, and food preparations for the next shift (cutting tomatoes, onions etc).
Wendy's is a good place to work
crew member (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 October 2016
At first i thought i was going to fail to meet the Wendy's requirements, but as a day or two past by a get my head in the game and do my job. co-workers are very helpful supportive. Wendy's is a good work environment to be in because you can be yourself put the smile on that makes you feel like yourself. the hardest part of the job was when i have to close and customers keep coming and coming. My Most Enjoyable part of the job is being around positive individual.
Customer Greeter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2016
Being the first job, Wendy's is one of the best organization to work at. Very friendly and flexible environment and co-workers to work with. The hardest part about this job was working long hours.
Pros
more than minimum wage
awesome
Front cash, sandwich maker, inventory clerk, Drive (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NB22 June 2016
This was my first job. Began at age 14 and I was devasted when it closed. Some of the management was very hard to work with. The hardest part of teh job was managers yelling at us for thinsg out of our control. Such as making fries when it gets busy then it slows down and we have too many fries made.

The friends I made and the bonds weve created that will last a lifetime. The Knowledge I aquired and the opportunities given to me, to excel I will cherish always
Pros
My first job
Cons
they closed
fast paced work environment
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC23 August 2016
fast paced working days
flexible work hours
great co workers

i learned how to be more eloquent when it comes to customer service, being understanding with every customer.
management is good not too aggressive

hardest part of the job is lots of customers on busy days
Pros
half off on food purchases for employees
Cons
hectic work load
Not a bad first job
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2016
Not a bad first job, really teaches responsibility of the workplace. If one person does not do their job properly it ends up slowing everyone else down as well. Management was very cooperative with scheduling especially for inconsistent college classes. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the rush pace, the most enjoyable part is definitely the people you work with, that really makes the environment what it is.
Pros
good starter job
Cons
fast-paced
Productive challenging work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 July 2016
A typical day at work would be your regular duties in your station and a very busy work place. Co-workers are really nice and you learn a-lot of different skills like multitasking. The best part of the job is when your doing something you enjoy example when I sometimes do drive thru.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Productive and challenging workplace with friendly staff.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS6 June 2016
Fast-paced work environment with friendly and supportive co-workers. Management team was helpful, and willing to teach. Despite the long hours, still a rewarding experience.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 April 2016
When I worked with Wendy's, it was great. For the most part the employees were great, and management was amazing.

Now that I don't work with Wendy's, I see that some of the stores are going downhill, especially with the professionalism of their employees.

The hardest part of the job would have to have been the fact that I was the youngest person working there.. I wasnt able to do anything without someone else assisting me.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have been meeting new people, learning new things, and learning how to both manage my time properly as well as multitask to get things done properly and quickly
Pros
Great people to work for and with
Cons
Too young to do anything
fast pace and hot
Grill Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2016
a typical day at work is very enjoy able. i learned to cook the food and take orders. management was always good to me and all my co-workers are grate people. the hardest part of the job is closing because you must clean the store before going home but i enjoyed every moment of it
Lacked a comfortable and fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ON24 June 2016
In the morning I would clean the dining room and parking lot. Taking out the garbage was difficult because they did not have supporting equipment. Management was not the best in terms of respectful communication. The hardest part of the job was being a minority and trying to carry tonnes of garbage with my hands. I did not enjoy it other than getting to talk to customers.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Overall environment and support
bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  london27 November 2016
typical day at work was boring. i learned that people are really harsh and unwilling to teach you anything, the management was terrible, if they didn't like you, you got no hours.
Pros
75% off lunch
Cons
dont like you no hours. rude people. rude managers. friend grouping.
productive
cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2016
amazing work culture ,friendly atmosphere,good team work.
like to work with fast paced learning in the fast food centre
treating the customers with greeting and serve hot and tasty food
benefits
Cons
...
Wendy's overall in my experience is an exeptional workplace to start out and grow as an individual as well as a team member.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2016
A typical day for myself at Wendy's would start in the evening, most crew members and other management disperse when i arrive. I take the initiative to prepare the crew, as well as prep all areas to be rush ready before i begin nightly cleaning. There seems to be a lot to do, in a small time frame, given very few crew members. I have learned to take charge, speak up, solve problems as accurately and efficiently as possible to get tasks completed. As for the environment, crew members as well as management tend to become close; like a family, which makes the work environment atmosphere very fun at the appropriate times.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
very few approved days off
Nice place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2016
Work environment was friendly, fast but secure. Everyone had fun doing what they were required to do. Though I didn`t work there for long, while i did work there, I got full time shifts which I loved but my feet hated (stood for up to 5 hours in a row while serving customers) personally would have enjoyed another break after 3 hours but, every job works differently. When it came to the actual learning experience,I was mainly on the front line taking orders and serving the food, whether we had to bag it up or place it on a tray that I would later sanitize upon its return for the next customer (I had a lot of fun doing it) I had a blast working at Wendy`s though i was let go after almost a month of service (was not able to get to speed in time allotted...I am a slow learner) which my parents found to have shot my confidence.The type of shifts I got were day shifts, as listed in my resume, I worked opening, though i mainly worked for the lunch rush, i also worked during the diner rush. I enjoyed the fast pace work environment. definitely helped me pass time.
Pros
Everyone was friendly, plus we got a percentage off our meals (only usable once so use it wisely)
Cons
Long hours of standing still waiting for customers when it was slow
Good people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake St, Hartzel Rd, Welland Ave,21 November 2016
It is very nice and accommodating to work at Wendy's as they promote within and offer a fun work environment at the locations i worked at employee events were planed twice a year and the management was good
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
hevey lifting
A decent first job.
Shift Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cole Harbour, NS13 November 2016
Honestly speaking, this is not a job that you will love for the first few months. The first few days are a brutal overload of information.

Until you go into work one day and you suddenly realize you're good at your job. There are good days and there are bad days, but you'll be surprised at the relationships you form with your coworkers and the life skills you learn from working in fast food.

2.8