The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,145 reviews matching the search
Great employees. I had a good team work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC15 June 2017
Great team work, Hard working employees. hardest part of the job is don't get the garbage area clean and organize it was hard to get it maintain. management was a bit odd. it was stressful management. unhappy dominant management. bossy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late closer
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON15 June 2017
its a good place to work, the people are nice, the hours are good, and there is always something to do. everybody helps out and is friendly, you'll never feel left out and there is never a dull moment in the kitchen.
Pros
50% off food, great people
Cons
hot kitchen, grease smell
a fun place to work with nice co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC14 June 2017
The hours i reciever at wendys were very good and the breaks were fair. The managers were very kind and understaning and insured that verything was running smoothly. The co-workers were all very kind.
Pros
50% off meals while working, 20% off meals while not working, friendly environment, good hours.
Manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON13 June 2017
I did everything in the store. I open and close the store I run a staff of 10-12 people serve customer and make sure they were satisfy with their order. If any complaints I would try to make things better for that person. Counted inventory, handle all money transaction. I love working for Wendy's I enjoy working with people.
Great co-workers
Customer Service abd kitchen emplyee (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 June 2017
Great job with great people. Good team environment. Fast paced, always something to do. Management encourages team atmosphere. Mant different jobs and positions in a day.
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
low pay.
Typical Day
Crew (Former Employee) –  Burn12 June 2017
Management doesn't uphold to certain rules of the workplace, doesn't allow employees to put 2 week notice in resulting in issues with quitting right away. Management requires employees to stand in window and deal with food even while sick. Doesn't listen to others. When on window, take orders, collect money, bag order and hand it out. At busy times, there will be an extra cashier and baggier (coordinator).
Horrible workplace experience
customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2017
The management made people work overtime without paying the overtime wages and changed our hours a lot. Horrible place to work and i suggest nobody to work here.
Great people fun work environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2017
The people were great and it was a awesome time working there. I enjoyed the managers. It was an easier job which was nice. They were pretty good for days off.
Average workplace with management problems
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Napanee, ON9 June 2017
Mostly a fast paced working environment with little downtime. Hours are fair, albeit sometimes long. Only major complaint is how the management interacts with each other, lots of passive aggressive comments make for some tense shifts.
Great Working Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 June 2017
Wendy's has a very friendly and positive working environment.

It's a good place to work if you want to work shorter shifts of longer shifts.

They are considerate to the hours you need to take off as long as there is notice.

But overall it is a good place to work.
fun place
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS7 June 2017
great place to work great environment friendly staff and great employees.fun tims i had there. would like to get the job back any day, i would love to go back
Great second job.
Cook/grill operator (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB6 June 2017
This was a great company they allowed flexible hours to accommodate my full time job.
I was able to learn an array of different jobs. My favorite had to be meeting people from all around the world.
Couldn't call in sick, hard to replace shifts when needed.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON5 June 2017
Working there was awful. It's not very hygienic to have sick workers handling food. On the few occasions where I called in because I had the flu, I was denied a sick day. I was forced to come in to work. This is unsanitary in the food industry and disgusted me. Not to mention, the management was highly unprofessional, bullying myself and others on a regular basis.
Pros
Got a lot of hours
Cons
Couldn't call in sick, hard to get rid of shifts when needed
Fast work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2017
• Efficiently handled cash, debit and credit transactions.
• Customer service at front desk as well as on drive through
window.
• Product load and unload with Inventory control check by hand.
(Became Employee of the month twice)
Pros
near my house
Cons
hard work less pay fast and more cleaning
be alert ,have initiative and focus always
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2017
you have to work fast as you can but safe is important,,,.. be smart to do the task,, sometimes is fun when everyone work together, as a team ... always follow the leader , dont make decision by yourself when doing the job...
Pros
contract
Cons
full time
cool
Customer service, food preparation (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 May 2017
I'm very blessed to be employed here. This is a great organization that aims to exceed their clients/customers expectations but they also look to take care of their employees as well. They are one of the remaining companies to offer incentives to their employees. Longevity is one of the things I admire about them.
Fast Food
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 May 2017
Learned to cook hamburger patties and French Fries. Learned cash and was fairly good at running drive through. Good starting job if you happen to get good managers.
Always fresh, never frozen
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2017
It's a fast-paced environment to work in. Very flexible with schedule. They have morning, afternoon, evening and late shifts available. You get 50% off your meal during break time. Made lots of friends while working there.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON28 May 2017
Being around co-workers that made the place entertaining. I learned that the most hardest part of the job was that some coworkers did not do their job properly but would never be punished
Fun workplace with enthusiastic colleagues
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2017
It is best to work in the morning, not a lot of customers but a lot of preparations. Workers are very friendly and fully cooperate when it gets busy. The hardest part of the job is when you are on a grill and have to go to a cold storage room to restock your meat/fries. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it gets busy because you lose track of time which makes time somehow goes by fast.
Pros
50% off lunch (can only be use when you have a shift)
Cons
Hot and humid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9