The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,084 reviews matching the search
Not too bad
Cashier/Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2017
work was never too much, just right.
Management was okay
Overall work experience was good considering working in a food chain.
Hours were poor, but eventually will improve.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Hours
hard
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 April 2017
customers at one point did get very annoying. some would shout and not be patients which got hard to deal with. overall it was close to home so i was able to walk to work
Pros
close to home
Cons
rude customers
A day's work was very productive and fast paced.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
I enjoyed working in the kitchen and also in the lobby. Kitchen work was fast paced and accurate. I had fun working on the toaster and through the drive through.
Not too bad for a second job
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON26 April 2017
Great dynamic of people both working and customer. Time goes fast when you're busy. They're great to work with your busy schedule if you have another job.
A good place to start
Cashier/Drive thru order taker/Sandwich maker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 April 2017
If you can work in a fast pace environment and can adjust to rapidly changing work environment it is a good place to work and you get to work as a team
Pros
Gives good work skills for other opportunities in the future
Cons
Long hours and physically tiring
love it
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL25 April 2017
worked here 10 years and love it! I am not going to leave just looking for something to go with it. great employers and staff works with a family schedule
fast paced and great staff
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 April 2017
taking orders
interacting with customers
customer service skills
interpersonal skills
team player
working with difficult customers
very friendly and understanding staff
Pros
50% off food
Poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
I can not speak for all Wendy's branches. Although, I will share my work experience at the previous location I worked at. The management was poor - they failed to consider my requested days off and was willing to have workers come in even though they were sick. This could have been a big problem as it promoted the transmission of diseases from foods to people. Some of the employees were unfriendly which made coming to work dreadful. The upside to this was their strict service. They made sure every employee delivered customer's orders accurate and fast. I was also able to perform various tasks at one time. For example, I can take drive-through orders while making part of their orders at the same time and talk among the sandwich makers. I can collect bills while taking another order or promoting combos.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
unfriendly staff
It was friendly, busy, easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 April 2017
it was busy but some of the managers were kind and understanding, so it wasn't so bad. Some of the customers could be rude and impatient, but if you are kind to them they will likely be kind to you.
Hard work with not a lot of recognition
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON22 April 2017
This was fine for a first time job, but the work wasn't meaningful and there was no opportunity to move up or forward. I enjoyed the company of my coworkers but fast food employees in general are abused by the general public and are certainly not paid enough for what they go through.
worked as a Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 April 2017
worked as a Cashier
Learned useful skills including customer service, cashiering, cleaning up after close, discipline, follow instructions, ambitious and outgoing. The hardest part of the job is when it's get every busy and the sandwich maker get let to prepare the food, people will get angry on who works as cashier . The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new people every day.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 April 2017
This job is not very demanding because like any fast food restaurants some times it's really busy and other times you have no customers. Working in front of the grill was the hardest part as you need to be really careful for your safety and safety of others.
productive busy work day
every position (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS21 April 2017
very welcoming place to work, management seems to think their employees are lesser than them and creates separation between the staff and managers. very good with time off and easy to work with, not the best hours max 30 hours unless you're willing to pull 12 hour days.
Pros
easy time off
Cons
short hours
first job
Crew Trainee (Former Employee) –  oakville20 April 2017
good first job worked there for almost 2 years, had good employees to work with learnt alot from the job. made me good in fast paced situations and nothing bad to say
Pros
good company
Cons
gets hot and busy
Typical fast food restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC20 April 2017
Your fast food restaurant experience is entirely based on the kinds of people that work at that particular restaurant. Everyone at ours was really nice, however the job is still the same. Its hard work and dealing with rude customers.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Long hours, insufficient breaks
Fun work area
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
Working environment is a fun area. Does get busy at times, easy to serve customers. Easy to learn the job. Management is usually okay with many things, just keep your work a priority.
Pros
50 percent discount
Good people fun to work with
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 April 2017
Everyone seems to be really nice and friendly. Fun work environment. Not the hardest job. Its good for a first job. Management is good very flexible hours so you don't get stressed with personal life.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Rude customers
Wendy's
Cashier/ Drive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
Overall was a great job to create experience and had many moments to develop skills. It helped me use my critical thinking skills, in addition the managers and other crew members made the working environment very comfortable.
Typical Day at Wendy's
Part-time crew member (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON18 April 2017
People were always cheerful, and happy to see you when you walked in for your shift. I learned a lot about multitasking, and I improved my communications skills dramatically the four years working there. Management was okay, I often found myself in manager positions as they would be off doing something else (which wasn't needed to be done). The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
Melanie Rothon
drive threw (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON18 April 2017
hard worker, Reliable ,Dependable., Respectful always showing up to work in a good mood ready to work takes every situation as it comes an a very easy to work with ,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9