The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Hard place to work but wonderful team
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 December 2016
Working at Wendy's was certainly an experience. The team were always friendly, kind and positive people. I learned a lot about time management, the benefits of a positive attitude and keeping a smile on my face even on the hardest and most trying of days. I worked at wendy's for about two years and I found the hardest part of the job was trying to provide both a quick yet friendly and reliable atmosphere for our guests. Management could be very pushy and not very encouraging which made working in that environment very trying and difficult. I love providing excellent customer service, showcasing my skills and providing top class results in my work but I don't think it was the ideal environment for me.
Pros
teamwork, flexible, friendly
Cons
stressful, rushed, no benefits or encouragement
Nice workplace to work in a joyful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 January 2017
Well its been a year at wendys restaurant and i really love wendys. However, staff members are very friendly and mangers as well. Hence, the most difficult work in wendys restaurant is handling customers like drunk they are so disrespectful but still i always have smile on my face and serve them properly.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Busy restaurant
Fast-paced work environment with great staff make it not only bearable, however makes tasks seem more like fun rather than work
Closing Crew (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 January 2017
I love working at Wendy's. The staff are nice and you make friends with almost everybody that works there pretty much immediately. Having friends in the workplace makes the job not as hard.
Pros
50% OFF DISCOUNT
Cons
ONLY USABLE ONCE PER DAY ON DAYS YOU WORK
Nice to work
Responsible for the full management of the store. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2017
Nice place to work .
as a beginner is frustrating sometimes to adjust with all work environment.
As a Manager i learn lots of work technic .
how to manage employee, build the store goal, build the personal goal, how will stay calm in any critical situation and lot more...
Pros
50% discount for manager meal.
Cons
at least ten hours worked a day
A job at Wendys
Crew Member/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON3 February 2017
Wendys is a great starting job to give you necessary skills to grow and become an adult. Working here has taught me a lot about work but also about people too. You learn about working with food, cleaning and time management skills. It also teaches you how to work and be apart of a team. Management is great here. There's nothing too hard about working here.
Productive and fast-paced
Sandwich maker, customer service (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 February 2017
- A typical day at work was fast, always busy
- I learned how to be more social by talking to customers, how to work faster
- Management was okay they were fun to work with
- The hardest part of the job was actually talking to people at the start of the job
- The most enjoyable part was making a lot of new friends and gaining experience
A decent first job.
Shift Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cole Harbour, NS13 November 2016
Honestly speaking, this is not a job that you will love for the first few months. The first few days are a brutal overload of information.

Until you go into work one day and you suddenly realize you're good at your job. There are good days and there are bad days, but you'll be surprised at the relationships you form with your coworkers and the life skills you learn from working in fast food.
An overall good company to work for
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 February 2017
The Wendy's company is great for first time workers and can if you strive for advancement you can generally gain it. You learn many common practice skills in the fast food industry and you get to see first hand the quality and safety that's put into every meal.
Pros
Employe Discount and Understanding Employers
Cons
Stressful rushes
Productive and fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 February 2017
Working with this company provided me the ability to handle and successfully complete tasks under pressure. A typical day at work would include restocking products, cleaning tables, moping the floor, taking orders and most importantly making sure the customer had an overall great experience.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Pretty easy, but always told I wasn't good enough.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC23 October 2016
A typical day at work was usually the same, serving customers either with front cash or drive-through, and mainly closing at night. I learned speed, and multitasking. Management is a bit harsh and always seemed to pick on me for never meeting their standards, even though I was pushing my limits. Most of my co-workers were very introverted, but there were a few I got along with well. Hardest part of my job was dealing with all the bad things I was told about myself. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the amazing types of people that came in.
Pros
50% off lunches.
Cons
Late shifts, never fast or good enough.
Was great place to work
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON12 December 2016
It was a great place to work, would go back if they payed more.. I loved working there, it was a fast paced environment with great people.
Reason I left was because 1 manager brought chicken out of fryer early and I complained and he didn't get in trouble for a serious issue.. So I said I cant work for a place like that.
Pros
great employees
Cons
minimum wage job
Friendly workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 October 2016
A typical day at work at Wendy's for me was making sandwiches and wraps, working cashier and talking to people, and cleaning up at the end of the day some nights. I learned that I am more productive in a less social environment. The management at my location were great people. They were funny, friendly and enjoyable to talk to. My coworkers were also very friendly, polite and fun to be around, which made my days working there much more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was talking to the customers, especially if there was some sort of conflict.
Great first job, but no advancement in the future.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON23 November 2016
I enjoyed this job as it was my very first job. I learned a lot about time management and scheduling myself for shifts with school and homework. I worked many different positions at this job such as cash, early morning prep, and food preparation. Great atmosphere, everyone works together and managers are kind and understanding.
Productive and Friendly Staff
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2016
Overall I think that I learned what it's like to have a hard job, expectations had to be met no matter what. Everyone on the job seemed friendly and was always there to give a helping hand. Management was always there to help. The hardest part of the job was always having to stay later than I expected. I do think that the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet people who I was able to connect with
Pros
Meeting new eople
Cons
they give the night staff free supper
casher (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON14 October 2016
everyday is different some of my co-workers are teen and they dont know how to act at a job site. l learn that all everyone is differnt you learn everyone likes there food different. the hardest part is trying to get things done when u have people who post to be working and they play around and the manger get after them but sometimes it doesn.t help. the most enjoyable is when u see the older couple comes in with the family and have a nice supper and hear them laughing
Pros
starten to get free supper
Cons
long hours with people who want to play around
productive fun place to work but always on your feet and on the move.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS25 November 2016
was a great place to work, the best job i ever had the people that worked there were great and the general manager there was the best i ever had hes my top reference we really got along well, mostly because i was an excellent employee.
Pros
great workers, great management.
Cons
busy, always on the go, no time for breaks.
Fast paced
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE11 October 2016
A typical day at work would be busy. I would be in charge of stocking product, preparing orders, probing product ,stocking condiments, cleaning/dishes and prep work. I learned how to make the orders. The management was always helpful as were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being rushed when I started and didn't know how to make the product. The most enjoyable was helping others out when I could , always kept me busy and the discount.
Wendy's is a good place to work
crew member (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 October 2016
At first i thought i was going to fail to meet the Wendy's requirements, but as a day or two past by a get my head in the game and do my job. co-workers are very helpful supportive. Wendy's is a good work environment to be in because you can be yourself put the smile on that makes you feel like yourself. the hardest part of the job was when i have to close and customers keep coming and coming. My Most Enjoyable part of the job is being around positive individual.
Great place but bad management and no advancement opportunities
All positions (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON3 November 2016
This is a great first job but has absolutely no advancement opportunities, barely any raises and either too little hours or way too many. The restaurant just recently got fully staffed after a serious employee shortage but still isn't running great due to poor management.
Pros
Great Crew
Cons
Long hours, bad management
constantly busy in a hot environment
Primary grill operator (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 January 2017
lots of standing around when its not busy. would recommend as a first job but not to make a career from it.lots of drama. management can be super strict most of the time, especially when the general manager is visiting, which is when it gets stressful
Pros
good people
Cons
hot environment

2.9