The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Educational
Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBDecember 7, 2015
Pros: 30% off meals while working 10% when not working
Cons: Not enough communction
Was a fun place to work while Cooperate owned. Once private owned they changed the rules and policies as they saw fit and didn't communicate changes to lower management or crew until they saw you do something wrong.
excellent for part time or students
Manager (Former Employee), Niagara RegionDecember 6, 2015
Over the 14+ years I had worked for the company, I saw it switch hands from corporate to franchise. At the beginning it was wonderful. The company does have high expectations which I thoroughly enjoyed. They are not friendly to employees that have a family or children. Best bet or hire for them is for a single person with no outside lifestyle. The co-workers are all very likeable. It is a very stressful job since most people don't understand how hard you actually have to work in fast food and customers treat you badly. Depending on the store you work in the management are nice to work with. They do pay well and they do offer benefits. They do give you hours based on your availability. The more available you are, the more hours you receive.
Wendy's
cashier / cooker (Current Employee), Sydney, NSDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Fast past environment
Cons: not enough hours
I love working at Wendy's its a good place to work at I'd Recommend it to anyone, but if they're is only certain hours you can work, I'd look somewheres else.
Productive and learned new skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2015
Learned different way of management as it was a real busy day and helped the manager to complete the order on time. Hardest part was to run for the order as it was great chaos due to more number of orders. The most interesting part was 8 hours went like few seconds.
Starting out job
Sandwich maker (Former Employee), BCDecember 3, 2015
It is a good job to start out. Supportive employees. Good work environment. Discounts, uniforms, part-time and full-time positions.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: good hours
was amazing learned alot of new things
had more help then i needed
for a first job it was very good with teaching
i also learned a lot as well
Busy, stressful, not the environment I enjoyed.
SALES ASOCIATE (Former Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 2, 2015
Cons: Boring slow hours, no free lunches.
Work started off with me being thrown into thick of orders and customer complaints. For the most part I did not enjoy the craziness that followed when a line of customers came and then the stifling boredom that followed once there were no customers. It also sucked that while my co-workers were nice, I couldn't relate to the majority of them and just found their conversations boring. The only part I enjoyed was washing the dishes. That was it.
Productive and Friendly Environment
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PENovember 12, 2015
Working at Wendy's was a great place of employment. The time taken to ensure staff is trained and up-to-date on the work environment was management went above and beyond.
great place for costumer service
Cashier, Drive Thru Window, Took out garbage (Former Employee), Timmins, ONNovember 11, 2015
typical day at work would include. taking orders, money handling , communications , bilingual, i learnt how to work quickly, hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied costumers but i enjoyed helping
great place to work
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 11, 2015
very busy place ,fast service.very fast pace work .great management.great for short term .No opportunity long term.Not enough pay according to work.
Change in Management
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: Called in on days off
When I started there the management was great, but eventually changed and was in a very long period of flux which made it hard to get any consistency. I was called on my days off regularly to come in and fill in for someone, to the point where I would stop answering my phone.
Great place
Grill Master and Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2015
Pros: half price luch
Cons: The hours
Working at Wendys for 2 years was great when i was going to school. I worked with a lot of nice friendly people all the time great place to work part time.
Productive work place with terrible management
Cashier (Current Employee), North York, ONNovember 2, 2015
Cons: Cut back hours to once a week
Enjoyed working here for the most part. Was good for first job training. However managers cut hours back to one shift a week. Tons and tons of bias amongst the work place.
Fast paced, high volume, high stress
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Stratford, ONNovember 1, 2015
Pros: Free Meals
Cons: Low pay
I worked here for years, mainly because of the people I worked with. My boss was great, albeit unfair at times regarding favoritism.
wendys
Cashier (Former Employee), Ingersoll, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pros: the staff
Cons: hours
good team here at wendys! loved the people i worked with . was a very fast paced job . was on the highway we were taking orders constantly
Hard work short pay
Clerk (Former Employee), Newcastle, ONOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Meeting and working with good people
Cons: I don't like fast food
I did every job I was assigned.Such as grilling hamburgers taking orders and cleaning work area.Dealing with complaints.Making sandwiches.I enjoyed working for Wendy's.
Small break space, not a room.
everything (Former Employee), Montreal QC LasalleOctober 21, 2015
Pros: variety of food
Cons: other employees needing to bring drama
employees treated like garbage, smallest break space cause it isnt a room its just a whole in the wall with a microwave and i feel like my meal should be free if not atleast my discount should work more than once and everyday not just the day i work and once that day that is not the way to treat the people that slave everyday
Great place as a first job, but not willing getting treated poorly over.
Crew Member / Manager (Former Employee), Bolton, ONOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Fellow crew members, and the customers
Cons: Management, salary, the lack of concern for the health and safety of other employee's.
Overall working at Wendy's was not a bad experience, it helped me gain great skills while working with people and to be more outgoing. The working environment was not the greatest, but I did enjoy the people I worked with. Management was not the greatest either, they did not take anyone serious. If an employee was hurt, they were told to "suck it up and continue their shift." Unless, they were able to find someone to cover for them. I was always treated very unfair and poorly, especially since I was promoted to manager which does seem odd because I was always a fast and hard-worker, which usually that would be something you get rewarded for, but not at Wendy's.
Busy, fun and everyone worked as a team!
Drive thru, Food prep, cleaning (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches, meeting awesome people
Cons: working until three am and not having anyway home.
A typical day at work at Wendy's was always busy. it made the job fun and you were always doing something. it made you work as a team. I learned a lot working for Wendy's, a lot of the prep work, using the grills, properly cleaning fryers, and cash. The hardest part of working for Wendy's was when someone would call in sick and a rush would come, that's when team work really came to play.
fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
it is a good and safe work place,i have learned to work in a fast paced work place.The co-workers are really helpful.
I have learned good communication skills through the customer care service.
Headquarters