The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

good
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2018
very busy place .When you start your shift you have to do different things for services to make for all day .as you work in this place you learn how to work in team ,and responsibility.
It was an okay job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 February 2018
Being a student and having a part time job is stressful at times, management at my current job, the rules are super strict and they sometimes do not have good business ethics. I always received long hours on school nights and coming home late and when asking for certain days off they were most of the time denied.
Pros
great people
Cons
long hours on school nights
productive and hard working crew members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 February 2018
have to be a hard worker person, be able to communicate well with the staffs and just be a good employee. overall, wendy's is a good company to work with
Pros
food discount
Cons
co-workers are not welcoming
sales Associate
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON2 February 2018
• Provided prompt and friendly service to customers to ensure customer satisfaction
• Operated cash registers and communicated company promotions and offers to customers
• Followed instructions and prepared food orders correctly and efficiently
• Cleaned and sanitized all areas and equipment in the restaurant and stocked items
• Continuously provided the highest level of product quality and cleanliness
Pros
excellent customer service
Cons
not enough hours
Very productive
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 February 2018
you feel like a family working with people who are so open about multiple things in the storefront. working there was fun and excited on a daily basis
I learnt many things from this job, I can't say enough great things about the people who work there.
Customer service/cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 January 2018
I have taken over a full time position as a grill closer so my typical day at work is cleaning the grills, mopping the floors, doing the dishes, working under a tight time constraint, etc. It is extremely repetitive and can get quite tiring over time but that's the job. The people who work there are the best part, they're all great.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Only given a break if your shift is 6 hours or longer.
Great starter job
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC29 January 2018
Great first job, lead to great friends and work experience. Got promoted at an early age which really makes you feel like they notice how hard you work.
best place ever
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB29 January 2018
I loved my job at wendys, the task, the customers management. To me it was the best place to work. I never dreaded a shift.
Would still be working there if it wasnt for closure
Pros
staff
Cons
lack of shifts
Great place to learn transferrable skills
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 January 2018
Working at Wendy's was a great choice for a first job. Wendy's taught me a lot about the importance of a good work ethic, communication, and working as a team with other staff.
Not good
Sandwich maker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON26 January 2018
Not a good place to work. They are not understanding at all or flexible with hours. My experience here was awful and probably the worst place i have ever worked.
Higher Management sucks
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2018
This place Sucks to work for because the higher management who runs the whole operation in Quebec don’t know there bum from there elbow! It sucks bad!
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Crazy hours no life
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON23 January 2018
a typical day at work consist of getting the cash register set up. cleaning the work area stocking up what need to be stocked and cleaning the tables. I learned a lot in my time working there I learned how to do math more better an gained more people skills. the management wasn't the best I had rude mangers. the workplace culture was excellent. the hardest part of the job was begin told we needed cups while dealing with a customer.
Pros
discount an good co-workers
Cons
hard shift
Worked with great people
Food Maker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 January 2018
Had lots of fun while I worked there, but also got my work done. Got to learn different things and I enjoyed learning and doing new things. Even though it was a short time period working there, it was a great place to work even though I didn't know everyone that long.
Pros
Got to meet new people
Fun place to work with great management!
Cashier/Grill cook/Drive-Through/Opener (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 January 2018
The environment is really friendly and the management is understanding and cares for their employees and I would 100% recommend this job to anyone. The customer base is fantastic and understanding their food is fresh and can take longer to make then say Mcdonalds.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Customers sometimes.
Fast pace work and lots to learn
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 January 2018
The workplace at Wendy's is really wonderful. I have learnt and even learning many new things everyday. The only thin I didn't like is that you get half an hour break only if you work more than 5 hours.
Pros
Enhances your knowledge well
Cons
Unpaiid breaks
Great.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 January 2018
When I worked at Wendy's, I was just the janitor. I started at 7:30 in the morning. I cleaned the floors and bathrooms. I also used a vacuum to suck up all the water.
don't work there
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON16 January 2018
do not work here, your staff will treat you without respect, your privacy will be invaded, you will hate everything you do there and the possibility of a raise is extremely low.
terrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON16 January 2018
terrible management. the GM thinks about no one but himself, very quick to make you feel guilty for putting your life before the restaurant. also always rude to the workers.
Productive and fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2018
Team effort, goal oriented and self driven to meet weekly store targets. The most enjoyable part of the job "Wowing" the customer's
recognising and rewarding staff for their hard work.

I have learned a lot throughout the years working here
The hardest part of the job, not having a plan to execute daily .
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
working long hours with short break
FAST food, i repeat, FAST food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Grandview, BC9 January 2018
The hardest part of the job is that I get to see good food thrown out in the garbage just because a minor mistake has been made.
Although the most enjoyable part of this job is i get to get along with other crew members and the manager which makes our shift bearable though busy at times.
Pros
Made lots of friends
Cons
Everything you do is rushed, even when on break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

55K