The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

there is no fun
Cashier and Grill (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2016
i have been working in wendys long time and i worked hard with no recognition in either way for example in two years i got .25 cents an hour raise and no promotion - the people who joined after me they promoted but not me.

when i asked for the transfer i have been harrased gy the GM of the store i felt quitting but i can't i need to support the family. the main thing is so called general manager is ruining the reputation of the store and the brand wendys. there no one in head office to take care of this.
i don't work in a company where i don't get satifaction.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours to work with
Bad Shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 2, 2016
The work was ok, shifts ran from 4 to 8 on weekdays and 6 hour to 8 hour shifts on the weekends. I learned how to deal with bad customers and micro organization. Management was horrible, and would change shifts multiple times daily, to the point a schedule was unnecessary because it would change so often you had unpredictable schedule.Co-workers were incredibly nice and were helpful especially for my first job. The hardest part of the job was predicting if i had a shift or not from the constant shifting. I really enjoyed getting to help people out and glad the smile i had on my face made them happy.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
constant shift chnages
fun and competitive environment
Cashier, Sandwich Maker, Grill (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
very busy and enjoyable. time management skills are key. Hardest part of jobs is closing but I got used to it. Co workers are great and friendly. Awesome environment to work in.
Wendy's
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 20, 2016
a typical day at work would consist of a lot of pressure. a lot and a lot of pressure. working in a fast food restaurant can be very tiring. working long shifts and standing on your feet for hours, this job has taught me how to multitask at its finest. many would wonder how, this is because at wendys just like any fast food restaurant has you working on many things at onces. For me, i usually work as the cook dropping fresh meat, chicken, fries and all kinds of stuff, there is a lot to worry about when working as the cook, making sure its cooked properly, making sure there enough meat for the sandwich maker to have and a lot more.
An Incredible Place to Learn and Refine Skills
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONMarch 8, 2016
Upon entering the Wendy's establishment I was always greeted with a friendly welcome. I learned that more can be accomplished simply with kindness and understanding than with dictatorship and micro management. Wendy's was a perfect example of how collectively as a group men and women could be placed in a fast paced and at times stressful environment and yet still achieve superior goals when the crew and the lower management was lead with clear expectations, organization and gratitude for a job well done. The most challenging aspect of working as a manager often times was finding an effective way to blend the unique personalities of each employee while allowing them to do the jobs that they where best at...."Aces in their Places". By doing so effectively as a team we were able to meet service times, projected sales, friendly work environment and superior customer service. The most enjoyable part of working at Wendy's as a manager by far was having an opportunity to spend my days with intelligent, capable and overall incredible people who made work feel like a second home and the staff feel like extended family.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unstable schedualling
very fast paced work place but sweet.
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 4, 2016
drive thru sandwhiches was always where i was placed (aces in their places) became very fast at the tasks i had to accomplish in very short amounts of time. how to bump and slide is what i learned and what i mean by that is as an example (you got time to lean you have time to clean) co-workers were very nice people never had problems with anyone not pulling their own weight. hardest part of the job would be the short amount of time you have to complete an order and get it out that window. most enjoyable part was also the speed at which things needed to be done. always kept you on your toes.
Pros
free lunches and got to work with some friends
Cons
short shifts everyday rather than long shifts (which i prefer)
Management style is a mess
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2016
I used to work there for how many years but the store manager there is not respectful to her employees. She don't know the meaning of respect. She keep on embarrasing her managers in front of the crew which is not right. She wants the manager to work everything such as mopping floors at night, do extra cleaning while the crew will just do standing. This is not a healthy environment here because there is a "BLAME GAME" here that can contribute to turn down your confidence and self-esteem.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bias management team
Wendy's overall in my experience is an exeptional workplace to start out and grow as an individual as well as a team member.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 18, 2016
A typical day for myself at Wendy's would start in the evening, most crew members and other management disperse when i arrive. I take the initiative to prepare the crew, as well as prep all areas to be rush ready before i begin nightly cleaning. There seems to be a lot to do, in a small time frame, given very few crew members. I have learned to take charge, speak up, solve problems as accurately and efficiently as possible to get tasks completed. As for the environment, crew members as well as management tend to become close; like a family, which makes the work environment atmosphere very fun at the appropriate times.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
very few approved days off
Fast-paced Atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 14, 2016
I have had nine hour shifts last twelve hours because of training heavily based on video instruction and very little time to train. I learned to handle multiple positions at a time because I was expected to. I learned that a job is not always worth the stress it creates, and a decent paycheck is worthless if you don't have time to spend it. My coworkers were the best part of this job. Customers and management were the most challenging part of the job.
Pros
50% off food while working as employee, 100% off as a manager while working
Cons
Stressful environment, almost no potential for advancement, few rewards upon advancement
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 26, 2016
When I worked with Wendy's, it was great. For the most part the employees were great, and management was amazing.

Now that I don't work with Wendy's, I see that some of the stores are going downhill, especially with the professionalism of their employees.

The hardest part of the job would have to have been the fact that I was the youngest person working there.. I wasnt able to do anything without someone else assisting me.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have been meeting new people, learning new things, and learning how to both manage my time properly as well as multitask to get things done properly and quickly
Pros
Great people to work for and with
Cons
Too young to do anything
awesome
Front cash, sandwich maker, inventory clerk, Drive (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NBJune 22, 2016
This was my first job. Began at age 14 and I was devasted when it closed. Some of the management was very hard to work with. The hardest part of teh job was managers yelling at us for thinsg out of our control. Such as making fries when it gets busy then it slows down and we have too many fries made.

The friends I made and the bonds weve created that will last a lifetime. The Knowledge I aquired and the opportunities given to me, to excel I will cherish always
Pros
My first job
Cons
they closed
Good learning experience
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 9, 2016
Wendy's was my first job with pay. Working at Wendy's was a great learning experience. I was able to develop better listening skills and come out of my comfort zone in order to interact with customers. The hardest part of the job was just being new and having to get used to my surrounding and co-workers. At first I had very bad anxiety so I found it difficult and terrifying to interact with customers, but after some practice I became more confident in myself and my work ethic. During the summer I worked full time, approximately 8-9 hours a day. Whereas, during school time they were very flexible and understanding of my school schedule and I was able to work 2-3 days a week. The best part of the job was once again just finally gaining work experience and being able to learn how to interact with different people and personalities, whether good or bad, and learning how to handle different scenarios.
Typical Day
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 27, 2016
I learned to work with other people and faster. The management was good and my co-workers were great as well.

The most enjoyable part of my job is was meeting new people and the environment was great to work in.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not long enough shifts
An interesting experience overall
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  main and vodddenMarch 28, 2016
co workers were anti social and hard to work with
management was very un-organized with scheduling and communication. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the ceiling filters. Most enjoyable part of the job was making regular food orders
Pros
discount on food
Cons
environment was not pleasant
Not a bad first job
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2016
Not a bad first job, really teaches responsibility of the workplace. If one person does not do their job properly it ends up slowing everyone else down as well. Management was very cooperative with scheduling especially for inconsistent college classes. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the rush pace, the most enjoyable part is definitely the people you work with, that really makes the environment what it is.
Pros
good starter job
Cons
fast-paced
productive
cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2016
amazing work culture ,friendly atmosphere,good team work.
like to work with fast paced learning in the fast food centre
treating the customers with greeting and serve hot and tasty food
benefits
Cons
...
Good place to work, friendly people, great bosses
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONApril 13, 2016
It was a very busy place to work. The regular customers there are great people and just make your day . I managed there and the rest of the management team were good people and we felt like a great team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the upset customers, but I would always make sure they were leaving happy. The best part of the job was the management team and crew. Everybody for the most part got along great and we all fit like puzzle pieces. I have taken great work ethics and lessons way from that place, like customer satisfaction, and positions of authority.
Pros
free food, good people
Cons
upset cutomers, and free food lol
Intense, productive and professional workplace
Crew Member/Grill (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 9, 2015
A typical day at work would include preparing food, restocking shelves, providing customer service, and lifting heavy boxes of food to the freezer, and taking out the garbage.
I learned how to communicate more efficiently in the workplace as well as in society.
The management was professional, supportive and caring. If they saw you were struggling to keep morale, they'd say you were doing a great job and to keep it up.
The co-workers joked around a lot, but completed the tasks at hand.
The hardest part of the job was the fast paced environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience of conversing with new people from working the front, or just talking with co-workers on break.
Pros
Work experience and meeting new people
Cons
Grease
nice company
sandwich artist, cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCMarch 23, 2016
a good place for a student looking for part time work. no advancement to full time unless been there over a year. was a good work experience but not part time.
Pros
only part time
Cons
horrible working hours with no transportation
Lacked a comfortable and fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ONJune 24, 2016
In the morning I would clean the dining room and parking lot. Taking out the garbage was difficult because they did not have supporting equipment. Management was not the best in terms of respectful communication. The hardest part of the job was being a minority and trying to carry tonnes of garbage with my hands. I did not enjoy it other than getting to talk to customers.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Overall environment and support

2.8