The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Food Services Worker (Former Employee), St. John's, NLApril 11, 2016
Pros: 25% off food when you are working
It was a fast pace environment which I like because your shift didn't drag out, and I liked the people I worked with, I liked the facted they had free uniforms
Good learning experience
Crew Member (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 9, 2016
Wendy's was my first job with pay. Working at Wendy's was a great learning experience. I was able to develop better listening skills and come out of my comfort zone in order to interact with customers. The hardest part of the job was just being new and having to get used to my surrounding and co-workers. At first I had very bad anxiety so I found it difficult and terrifying to interact with customers, but after some practice I became more confident in myself and my work ethic. During the summer I worked full time, approximately 8-9 hours a day. Whereas, during school time they were very flexible and understanding of my school schedule and I was able to work 2-3 days a week. The best part of the job was once again just finally gaining work experience and being able to learn how to interact with different people and personalities, whether good or bad, and learning how to handle different scenarios.
good crew
Cashier (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 8, 2016
Wendys is a good place to work. They have a great crew. Its busy makes the time fly by. I would recommend wendys as a first job
Stressful, Petty Work
Cashier/Sandwich & Grill (Former Employee), Truro, NSApril 7, 2016
Pros: Gained Better Social Skills.
Cons: Coworkers brought their drama to work.
A lot of unnecessary drama.
Poor Management didn't care about employees.
The Food was the best part.
Learned to be quick on my feet.
It sucks
Wendy's Cashier (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSApril 5, 2016
It wasn't the best job, not treated the best as one of their employees, not very good hours and shifts. Pay was okay but could have been better.
customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 4, 2016
*working with different natured people and improving my communication skills.
*This also helped me to understand the nature of people and their way of thinking about certain matters.
*How to react and behave when we get to hectic on drive thru side.
*Also how to make sandwiches and fries.
No 2 days were the same
General Manager (Current Employee), Brockville, ONApril 3, 2016
Interacting with guests, co-workers were great, learned a great deal about running a company, not only from a customer point of view, but also from the business point of view.
On the New Liskeard "Wendy's" brand.
Cashier, Drive (Former Employee), New Liskeard, ONApril 3, 2016
Pros: 50% off lunch, admirable week staff
Cons: routine dead periods, abysmal weekend evening staff.
Average day to day work varied greatly, due to the general lack of social skills of a couple of a couple of the managers, since fixed, and the nearly venomous attitude between the morning and evening shifts.

The assistant manager, and the new manager have a wonderful chemistry, and are liked by nearly all of the staff and teamwork is a high point here compared to other locations I have seen. This location is one of the better locations I have been to, be it working for or purchasing from, even if the regional manager seems hellbent on having it get closed down.

The general attitude of staff ranged from complacent, to hostile at the location. The general politics however do not go above general staff to the management, baring one exception.

The most difficult part of working at this location is during a software breakdown during a rush, guaranteed to happen once a week, barring working a dead shift where no customers enter the store for 4-5hrs. Other than these difficulties the location, and the small town staff, made this location a treat to work for.
fun management made the work enviroment really enjoyable
Crew Member (Former Employee), Prince George, BCApril 1, 2016
Pros: great management and free late night lunch
Cons: greasy enviroment
I enjoyed working for Wendy's because the management team was so straight forward with giving instructions also very understanding of all employee's.
productive but bad management
Customer Service (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: half off food
Cons: they would give me 6 shifts a week and i would only get 37 hours.
Management here sucked. I never wanted to go to work due to the ignorance there! I put up with it long enough. They had me working 6 days out of 7, without having me at at least 40 hours. On civic holidays they would have me come in for 3 hour shifts. One time they threw my work shoes out that I left in the crew room, where everyone else's shoes were stored.
Wendys
Crew Member (Current Employee), Mission, BCMarch 29, 2016
Pros: 50% off meal
Cons: some customers were rude
A typical day at work would be getting asssigned to do a certain job and position. Communicating with other crew workers to help provide excellent service
An interesting experience overall
Fry Cook (Former Employee), main and vodddenMarch 28, 2016
Pros: discount on food
Cons: environment was not pleasant
co workers were anti social and hard to work with
management was very un-organized with scheduling and communication. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the ceiling filters. Most enjoyable part of the job was making regular food orders
Typical Day
Customer Service (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 27, 2016
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Not long enough shifts
I learned to work with other people and faster. The management was good and my co-workers were great as well.

The most enjoyable part of my job is was meeting new people and the environment was great to work in.
Fun environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 24, 2016
I love the crew, Very friendly, days go by quick at work. The clients are nice and our food is made in a very clean space, which is why I like the environment.
nice company
sandwich artist, cashier (Former Employee), Duncan, BCMarch 23, 2016
Pros: only part time
Cons: horrible working hours with no transportation
a good place for a student looking for part time work. no advancement to full time unless been there over a year. was a good work experience but not part time.
Friendly and professional environment. Inculcated knowledge about management
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
Wendy's helped me in developing my skills in the field of customer service, management,sales and marketing.
I am able to effectively communicate with people because of proper training and guidance provided by superiors.
Interesting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 21, 2016
I learned a lot about the food industry and meet many different types of people who were very interesting. The management wasn't exactly the best. They need to work on that, and be more clear about regulations.
its a best way to connect with and work with other people
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 17, 2016
You get to connect with different companies and work with awesome people here. It will be a pleasure to join skip the dishes and work with them.
Great work environment
Cook (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Good work experience
Cons: Long Hours
A great quality fast food restaurant with good management with hard working employees who aim at providing fresh quality food
The staff is the best part of the job. It looks like any easy job but it's really not that easier. my co-workers make it easier.
Wendy's Cashier (Current Employee), 2013 Lawrence Avenue WestMarch 15, 2016
Pros: 50% off meals, the staff is hilarious and fun which makes the shift easier.
Cons: managing life and work can get a little complicated with the hours.
Depending on if its hectic, you day can go either way. You get to meeting interesting people, some customers are humorous and some are rude but you must keep smiling through it all because it help. I've been yelled and complemented in the span of 20 minutes. Everything can go really well or completely wrong but at the end of the day, you're still getting paid.
Headquarters