The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Great experience
Cashier, sandwich maker, customer service (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON3 November 2017
A typical day at work was stalking the sandwich station, keeping everything cleaned and making all the orders. I learned so much at Wendy's, they put me on front cash, sandwich making, order taking, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and the food. The most hardest part of throb was how fast paced it was, it could sometimes me stressful. Overall it was a great experience!
Pros
50% off
Cons
lots of call ins
Great for social people.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON2 November 2017
Overall a decent company to work for; some exceptions like most employers of course. The environment isn't always the best, and as a Manager sick days and bereavements are frowned upon.

I worked there a very long time and they were, for the most part very good to me. You meet so many new and interesting people, especially as management you are relocated a lot; you make a new family that you know you will always have.

Benefits are pretty decent for the type of work; Dental is not given unless you are management.

Room for growth/advancement; managers receive bonuses and raises
Pros
50% off as crew, free food for management, flexible work hours, raises
Cons
Sick days frowned upon, frequent relocation
fast paced work place with leaders willing to help
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 November 2017
A typical day at work involved prepping and cleaning all grills, making sure all meat supplies are stocked, and keeping up with orders. While working there I learned how to function efficiently under pressure and how to work well with a team in a fast paced environment.
Pros
discounted food while on shift
Cons
greasy work environment
Terrible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
A typical day at work included dealing with rude managers that would scream at the employees. I wasn't trained for any position and I had to teach myself all of the positions
fun times in my youth
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2017
it was a good start to me starting work.
face paced, easy advancement.
trained when hired. good hours.
my location was located int he saddledome so we got to see hockey and concerts from our work stations
Pros
good hours, decent pay
Got paid for a simple labor job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 October 2017
I had to get a job to help me financially get through University and needed something that I didn't have too much responsibility in so I could still focus on school. Wendy's was good for that. The pay is minimum wage but I expected that and they were extremely accommodating for my school schedule.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
Tedious
Good job for young people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 October 2017
Working there was great while I was there. Overall I wouldn't go back but as a young kid I would. I developed a great work ethic from Wendy's but just didn't see my future there.
It was fun and productive place regardless of few problems
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
Overall it was fun to work. It was not said to be a job where I am looking for a future in. It was my first part time job in Canada. The management was really poor but they made sure we are comfortable to work with
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
uncomfortable working hours
Poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 October 2017
poor management, people in positions they cannot handle which ends up reflecting in the stores productivity as well as morale. Also doesn't give you legal breaks.
Pros
50% off a meal
Cons
hostile work environment
A friendly place to worj
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC27 October 2017
you show up wearing the provided uniform. the boss talk to you and you get to work
depending on your station you either loathe or love your job
i hated my job as grill;l cook because i still have grease burn scars on my hands to this day
Pros
50% off all products
Cons
lotso f standing and the workplace can get very hot
very productive and fun place to learn.
Grill maker (Former Employee) –  885 ,Britinia road26 October 2017
well, Wendy's is a good place work mainly because of the two things
one is inside its very clean and authentic is food making and second is the employees is very fun loving and encouraging for new comers.
Pros
fun loving staff with supportive managers
Cons
contnious work and multiple tasks sometimes leads to fatigue.
Good Atmosphere with Positive Teamwork.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ashburnham Street, Peterborough, ON26 October 2017
I must say, I enjoy working here. It's a way to bring in a bit of money. Not a lot by any means, but I was fortunate enough to get a good bunch of people who like to talk and joke to pass the time. Makes for a good environment overall!
Pros
Discount Lunches
Cons
Not much in the way of monetary assets.
fast paced evironment with friendly staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2017
this job is where i learned a lot about customer service and one of the places i learned to work in fast paced environments the management had great leadership qualities that made the work enrivonment more fun and easier to execute the companys expectation of its workers
Pros
free lunch
working
Order taker (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON23 October 2017
its an okay place to work the workers were nice, made me feel at home, but i just needed a new place to work it wasn't enough hours for me. but management was nice
Fast-paced work environment with a lot of opportunity to learn.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 October 2017
Good first job for students, while also providing opportunities for advancement to a management position. Formal set of regulations and a large company ensures that employees are treated fairly.
Overall good
Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON19 October 2017
It was an overall a great experience. I had an job opportunity open up that was more appealing and more wages become available. It was a good opportunity I as in no situation to pass up.
Repetitive, but engaging
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 October 2017
A typical day would involve (if the morning shift) prepping the veggies and fruits for salads, preparing certain meets and doing a once over of the entire kitchen. Then preparing sandwiches until lunch or manning the grill
Pros
Half-off on food
Cons
standing the entire time
Not to great
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON18 October 2017
Many of the employees are often rude and aren't accepting of each others different capabilities. When one makes an error usually rather than simply correcting them they are yelled at.
Pros
half off on our meals
Cons
long hours, busy with school, late hours
Average fast-food job
Wendy's Employee (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 October 2017
The Wendy's I worked at was more or less average, typical customers, typical fast-paced environment. One needs to be good at taking criticism for this job and needs to be good under pressure.
Pros
friendly co-workers, great hours and flexible schedule, keeps you busy.
Cons
some nights end at 2am, strict managers, fast-paced and high pressure during rushes.
Crew Member
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 October 2017
Taking customer orders, stocking fridge, make sandwiches, clean windows and floors. Management not very friendly at times and that was the toughest part.
Pros
very flexible with hours
Cons
no break working 5 hour shifts, no discount on food unless you worked 5 hours or more and would be scheduled 4:59

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8