The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,085 reviews matching the search
Great entry level job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 May 2017
It was a good first job for me, easy for me to balance schoolwork, dance and work with the managers being flexible with my hours. Customers could be difficult sometimes but that's expected at fast food.
Fantastic employees to work with.
Customer service/ food prep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 May 2017
It is a great place to work. Assistant management out up with a lot more then what their job requirements are. Ownership of the one I was at was very unorganized and lazy.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Lazy ownership and management by the GM Didn't evem know that I quit until my last shift.
Fun work place most of the time
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 May 2017
Wendy's is an alright job for a first job for high school students. The atmosphere is very closed in and a little cluster phobic at times but is over all a decent job for high school students to get a job experience.
Pros
Co-workers are very friendly
Cons
After midnight closes for highschool students
It's not a terrible place too work if you can deal with all the staff that hasn't had the proper training
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL7 May 2017
This wouldn't be so bad if the management made up for the staff but they are worse and in ways that they will talk behind your back and try to get you in trouble over nothing, this is coming from a current manager here, the worst part is that the owner had no clue what he's doing he's the most immature out of anyone there, now this is only the location in mount pearl
Pros
Easier job
Cons
Terrible people
Good first job experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 May 2017
This was my first job ever. I learned a lot about customer service. A typical day for me would be to make sandwiches all day and if it gets busy, I would be told to go on the till to take orders since we were always short staffed. The management could have been better. They cut a lot of hours so there was no point in working there. The hardest part of the job was to deal with the manager who always yelled at everyone. The only enjoyable part of working there were my fun coworkers.
My time at Wendy's
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 May 2017
A typical day at work is always a fun time with my co-workers. It's a fun and serious environment. Everyone is always working hard together to get the job done. As someone once said "team work makes the dream work" and that's how I think a working environment should be, everyone getting along, awhile working hard.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough staff
Not a horrible job.
All Positions (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 May 2017
This Job gets stressful at times as with any job. The hardest thing to deal with are customers who treat you like trash. But that's the job and you just have to smile. Besides that the job is fun in my opinion, you just have to enjoy fast pace work.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Sometimes the people you work with are worse then the customers you have to deal with.
It was alright. I'm not very sure I liked the environment.
Wendy's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 May 2017
This workplace was not the best. I wasn't taught much and coming in, was expected to know what was supposed to be done or how everything works. No one really spoke to each other, people were very isolated. They also did not really care much about peoples availability's and for those who were part- time and still in high school were forced to take night shifts which they would explain they could not do but no one listened.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Fast paced, fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC3 May 2017
I enjoyed my time at wendys, but my ownly issue was most of the shifts i got were not good for my schedule and thus i eventually had to quit so i could do my schooling. Management was good and coworkers were friendly.
productive and fun work place
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  alberta grande prairie3 May 2017
a typical day at work busy, even though it's more enjoyable coz we now we get the highest sales , i learned a lot in this company how to handle a store and to improved more my self-confidence, to mingle to other people. the hardest part of my job in winter time doing the inventory inside the coller and also order taking in drive-thrue,
Pros
free meal
Its fast food
Pickup Window / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC3 May 2017
Typical fast food job nothing special about that side of things. Mostly stuck around because management was amazing and super fun as were my co-workers
Pros
Walking distance, flexable hours
Cons
its fastfood
Good place to work for those seeking part time employment!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON2 May 2017
I have been employed at Wendys for 2.5 years, and until recently have had no complaints.
Important notes:
The hours can be long, on average 8 hours, and you will stay until the close is complete (possibly past 1am).
The managers are friendly enough and will assist you where they can.
The worst part about this job is the late hours, and the smell after a shift.
The best part was the coworkers - if you are in school, you will get along with the rest of the crew because they also are.
Pros
hours are always available
Cons
Its fast fppd.
Productive and welcoming workplace, tough at first but gets better over time
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2017
Working cashier at Wendy's is a task that requires skill as well as concentration. Wendy's has many customers so I would have to keep up with the different orders that came through.
Poor management
Wendy's employee (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON2 May 2017
The work was ok, however the management was awful. Overall it was somewhat enjoyable, but the managers made it difficult to to enjoy your time working.
Cashier/Customer Service & Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON1 May 2017
Working at Wendy's helped me a lot with growing my social skills, i learned how to better speak with customers and learned a lot about time management and how fast food works. Talking a customers order can actually be enjoyable and if you like organization like i do Wendy's is your place.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Short Breaks
i loved it there everyone was nice
everything (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC1 May 2017
everyone was nice they helped me out when I needed it I went in and handed in a resume they called me and said I got the job they offerd me a pop or food I said i'll take a coke
Pros
nice manigers
Cons
nothing bad to say about them
Hated it
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 May 2017
It was nice for a first job but I refuse to ever work at Wendy's again. The management did not keep a cool head in the face of adversity, despite the fact that that is their job. I will never work at Wendy's again as long as I live.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS30 April 2017
every day is different depending on your position. sometimes you greet customers and take orders other times you just make sandwiches busy days are the best cause the day goes quickly.
i learned how to communicate better and time management skills.
the management are all pretty nice and easy to get along with.
the best part of the job is the friendly staff and customers you see each day.
Pros
Discount
Cons
not enough hours
awesome work experience
cashier on Drive (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC29 April 2017
got a lot of experience regarding customer service. I have learned to work efficiently,accurately and with speed. Crew members works as a team.Managers were really helpful and encouraging.
Pros
discount on employ meal
Cons
no health benefits
fast paced and stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 April 2017
A typical day at work included making food, serving customers, getting yelled at, cleaning the washrooms and floors, as well as keeping the dining room clean. New employees are not trained properly which made the job stressful. Managers always give you attitude and intentionally schedule you on days you are not available to work.
Pros
the end of your shift when you get to leave
Cons
poor management, only a 30 min break on a 9 hour shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9