The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Great first job, but no advancement in the future.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON23 November 2016
I enjoyed this job as it was my very first job. I learned a lot about time management and scheduling myself for shifts with school and homework. I worked many different positions at this job such as cash, early morning prep, and food preparation. Great atmosphere, everyone works together and managers are kind and understanding.
Was great place to work
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON12 December 2016
It was a great place to work, would go back if they payed more.. I loved working there, it was a fast paced environment with great people.
Reason I left was because 1 manager brought chicken out of fryer early and I complained and he didn't get in trouble for a serious issue.. So I said I cant work for a place like that.
Pros
great employees
Cons
minimum wage job
Great place but bad management and no advancement opportunities
All positions (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON3 November 2016
This is a great first job but has absolutely no advancement opportunities, barely any raises and either too little hours or way too many. The restaurant just recently got fully staffed after a serious employee shortage but still isn't running great due to poor management.
Pros
Great Crew
Cons
Long hours, bad management
productive fun place to work but always on your feet and on the move.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS25 November 2016
was a great place to work, the best job i ever had the people that worked there were great and the general manager there was the best i ever had hes my top reference we really got along well, mostly because i was an excellent employee.
Pros
great workers, great management.
Cons
busy, always on the go, no time for breaks.
Good way to start for a job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2016
I learned how to be comfortable around people, and not to be scared or shy to talk to people that i do not know. The management was okay the only problem was, they put me on a day to work that I did not choose which was a problem. My co-workers were great they helped me around the restaurant on what to do and what not to do, and they were really fun to talk to. Hardest part of the job was when i had to do morning shifts at 7 so I had to wake up around 5:30 which was pretty hard to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i do cashier because afer a while i loved talking to people and interacting with them, while they are waiting and no one is in line i try and just lighten them up.
Pros
50% discount only on the day you work
Cons
Made me work on a day i never chose and worked a little longer than i thought i would
Excellent Fast-Paced Work Environment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 September 2016
Working at Wendy's is a fast-paced job. It can be quite demanding, but overall, it's a rewarding experience. Especially if you can do your job effectively and efficiently. Although, the training and on the job experience lends more to customer service and the food industry, rather than construction and trades. For reference in case you feel like switching occupational titles anytime soon.
Pros
Fast-Paced, Rewarding Experience
Cons
Your manager can mean the difference between success and failure, So can your fellow employees, You must work as a team or fail as a team
Learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2016
Wendy's was a really good platform for my job experience. I got to learn how to manage the store and responsibilities and manage the time. I was able to cooperate with people and learn how to deal with them. The drawback of the job was the long hours but the fun part was that we used to spend time together and work as a group and finish the task on time.
Pros
Free food one time
Cons
Long and excessive work shift
Pleasant and efficient work enviornment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2016
The Wendy's I worked at was a healthly work enviornment with a supportive and fair management team.

Some of my daily responsibilities as a team member were: taking orders, stocking, doing dishes, cleaning, taking out garbage, and food preparations for the next shift (cutting tomatoes, onions etc).
Fast pace to work with different people
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 September 2016
In Wendys i learned lot about customer care.how to handle aggressive customers but also i met very good people in my 10 year at Wendys .My management teach me lot,My seniors trusted on me and make me strong everyday.Every day i learn new things, met new people which is always exciting.
Pros
Gets shifts according to our life style
Cons
Hourly wage could be better
friendly and nice going job
all around person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2016
dealing with customers and cash as well as taking orders. When a mistake is made in the order apologize to the customer and make sure the mistake is fixed and ensure the customers satisfaction so that they will come back. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on the customers face.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cleaning at the end of every shift
constantly busy in a hot environment
Primary grill operator (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 January 2017
lots of standing around when its not busy. would recommend as a first job but not to make a career from it.lots of drama. management can be super strict most of the time, especially when the general manager is visiting, which is when it gets stressful
Pros
good people
Cons
hot environment
Bad Organization
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON23 October 2016
First couple of days were going kind of smooth. Had a trainer to help and show me around the place. After knowing the ins and outs out of this restaurant, manager left me to do things alone when its not possible. Had too many responsibilities that I couldn't keep up with time. Not worth working at Wendys if that's how they treat you.
Fantastic place to work
Cashier, drive-thru order taker and bagger (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 August 2016
A typical day at work for me was to go in and see smile faces on everyone, the customers most of the time were happy. I learned that no matter what the customer is always right at Wendys. The management and the co-workers were very friendly and great people to be around. There wasnt really a hard part about it, the Wendys team in Barrie helped each other out with everything, they're a great team. The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure the customers got what they needed, and made sure they were happy and would want to come back again.
Pros
Great staff
Good work environment
Food preparation, cashier, cleaning (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2017
The job itself is quite stressful due to the fast pace environment (especially when working on drive through as it is a lot of multi tasking) however the staff members are kind and it overall makes for a nice work place.
Pros
discounted food, nice staff
Cons
late shifts, stressful
there is no fun
Cashier and Grill (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2016
i have been working in wendys long time and i worked hard with no recognition in either way for example in two years i got .25 cents an hour raise and no promotion - the people who joined after me they promoted but not me.

when i asked for the transfer i have been harrased gy the GM of the store i felt quitting but i can't i need to support the family. the main thing is so called general manager is ruining the reputation of the store and the brand wendys. there no one in head office to take care of this.
i don't work in a company where i don't get satifaction.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours to work with
Family Environment with management diffculties
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 October 2016
I worked there for about nine months and recently they hired a new manager, that myself and my coworkers find to be unbearable. He is rude, has severe anger problems and treats the employees with nothing but disrespect. He's the reason I handed in my two weeks notice two days ago.
good company to work for
équipier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2016
worked there for over 4 years and i learned and developped my skills. the team is very nice and close to each other. it is a fun place to work for and they care about the quality of their product and service. they help each crew to be as efficient as they can be and help them to be the best they could be.
Wendy's
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 January 2017
Like any Fast Food place; the job is easy but can be stressful at times. They try and accommodate your availability as well as still be fully staffed. Not always possible of course. But they do try.
Pros
Meet alot of different people. Including new staff and customers.
Cons
low wages unless willing to move up
work loads
Cook (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 November 2016
I continue to work although the amount of work that is piled up on this specific job can slow the employee down and not get all of the services finished in time for the end of the shift. I, myself, feel that I do not have enough hours due to the amount of co-workers and possibly the time of year.
Pros
%50 off
Cons
rush hours
Productive and fun
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB4 January 2017
Working at Wendy's is a great experienced and I learned a lot of things especially dealing with a customer service.With a good management team and co workers.The hardest part of the job is dealing with a different kinds of staff towards attitude.
Pros
free food
Cons
8 hours job

2.9