The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Good work environment
cook (Former Employee) –  L'Île-Perrot, QC9 November 2016
I would open the store up at 7am and get everything prepared throughout the store. It would take us up to 3 hours to finish everything.
Pros
free food
Cons
not all the hours I wanted
Intense and Hard work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON8 November 2016
From my experience at Wendy's I have learned that there are two types of people. The ones that are kind and the ones that don't care about what you do. The manager wasn't friendly and didn't take work life balance into consideration.
Pros
Friendly Co Workers
Cons
Rude Managers
Great workplace
Crew/Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 November 2016
I loved working at the specific Wendy's location I worked at. My managers were great people, my coworkers became friends, and the work was very simple to get a hold of.
Great place but bad management and no advancement opportunities
All positions (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON3 November 2016
This is a great first job but has absolutely no advancement opportunities, barely any raises and either too little hours or way too many. The restaurant just recently got fully staffed after a serious employee shortage but still isn't running great due to poor management.
Pros
Great Crew
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Hard working and productive workplace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Weston rd27 October 2016
This job taught you a lot about time mangement. You couldn't be late. Mangers and staff were kind and welcoming. Long hours with one break.
Pros
Half on food
Cons
Long hours with one break
Bad Organization
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON23 October 2016
First couple of days were going kind of smooth. Had a trainer to help and show me around the place. After knowing the ins and outs out of this restaurant, manager left me to do things alone when its not possible. Had too many responsibilities that I couldn't keep up with time. Not worth working at Wendys if that's how they treat you.
Pretty easy, but always told I wasn't good enough.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC23 October 2016
A typical day at work was usually the same, serving customers either with front cash or drive-through, and mainly closing at night. I learned speed, and multitasking. Management is a bit harsh and always seemed to pick on me for never meeting their standards, even though I was pushing my limits. Most of my co-workers were very introverted, but there were a few I got along with well. Hardest part of my job was dealing with all the bad things I was told about myself. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the amazing types of people that came in.
Pros
50% off lunches.
Cons
Late shifts, never fast or good enough.
Friendly workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 October 2016
A typical day at work at Wendy's for me was making sandwiches and wraps, working cashier and talking to people, and cleaning up at the end of the day some nights. I learned that I am more productive in a less social environment. The management at my location were great people. They were funny, friendly and enjoyable to talk to. My coworkers were also very friendly, polite and fun to be around, which made my days working there much more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was talking to the customers, especially if there was some sort of conflict.
Productive and Friendly Staff
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2016
Overall I think that I learned what it's like to have a hard job, expectations had to be met no matter what. Everyone on the job seemed friendly and was always there to give a helping hand. Management was always there to help. The hardest part of the job was always having to stay later than I expected. I do think that the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet people who I was able to connect with
Pros
Meeting new eople
Cons
Was a good stepping stone
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC18 October 2016
I started here as a sandwich maker, to cook. Ten to a supervisory position , and from there onto assistant manager. No two days were ever the sae. I learned bout labour cost, food cost , payable taxes , WCB, and so much more
super strict
Team member (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON18 October 2016
Working at Wendy's started out enjoyable but near the end of my time there it was terrible. it was very strict and you are being watched 24/7 on the cameras which makes you feel not trusted.
Family Environment with management diffculties
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 October 2016
I worked there for about nine months and recently they hired a new manager, that myself and my coworkers find to be unbearable. He is rude, has severe anger problems and treats the employees with nothing but disrespect. He's the reason I handed in my two weeks notice two days ago.
they give the night staff free supper
casher (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON14 October 2016
everyday is different some of my co-workers are teen and they dont know how to act at a job site. l learn that all everyone is differnt you learn everyone likes there food different. the hardest part is trying to get things done when u have people who post to be working and they play around and the manger get after them but sometimes it doesn.t help. the most enjoyable is when u see the older couple comes in with the family and have a nice supper and hear them laughing
Pros
starten to get free supper
Cons
long hours with people who want to play around
Very enjoyable part time job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2016
While working at Wendy's, I had an enjoyable experience as I was able to really learn and better develop my skills as a cashier. Moreover, the workplace environment had many caring co-workers that were always willing to show me the ropes and give helpful advice.
Great place to start
Assistant Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 October 2016
The only real problem I have with working here is the lack of steady hours. Shifts would be all over the place and my body had a really hard time adjusting.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours with no pay
Great first job but not a suitable job to be in after many years
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 October 2016
Management is friendly and great to the crew but are totally under paid. Hard work should be paid accordingly and there was no raises being given, ever.
Pros
Free lunch, great management, nice friendly people
Cons
Low pay rate, long hours, low staff levels
Fast paced
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE11 October 2016
A typical day at work would be busy. I would be in charge of stocking product, preparing orders, probing product ,stocking condiments, cleaning/dishes and prep work. I learned how to make the orders. The management was always helpful as were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being rushed when I started and didn't know how to make the product. The most enjoyable was helping others out when I could , always kept me busy and the discount.
It was fun to work at wendys
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2016
I worked on saturday and sunday's
I have learned to make different burgers and stuff
My coworkers was really nice
Hardest part of job is to manage post rush thing
Most enjoyable part of job was working with my supervisor
Pros
50 PERCENT OFF FOR EMPLOYEES
Cons
NOTHING
Good way to start for a job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2016
I learned how to be comfortable around people, and not to be scared or shy to talk to people that i do not know. The management was okay the only problem was, they put me on a day to work that I did not choose which was a problem. My co-workers were great they helped me around the restaurant on what to do and what not to do, and they were really fun to talk to. Hardest part of the job was when i had to do morning shifts at 7 so I had to wake up around 5:30 which was pretty hard to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i do cashier because afer a while i loved talking to people and interacting with them, while they are waiting and no one is in line i try and just lighten them up.
Pros
50% discount only on the day you work
Cons
Made me work on a day i never chose and worked a little longer than i thought i would
friendly and nice going job
all around person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2016
dealing with customers and cash as well as taking orders. When a mistake is made in the order apologize to the customer and make sure the mistake is fixed and ensure the customers satisfaction so that they will come back. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on the customers face.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cleaning at the end of every shift

2.8