The Wendy's Company

7.9K reviews

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Busy job, enjoyable work place, good management but unfortunately no business growth. Need to achieve sales higher than the company expectation.
Pros
50% off meal
Cons
Unable to grow and always short hours
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 6, 2016
I liked working on a flexible schedule, I learned a lot about customer service, management was great giving the fact we where a very busy location, I enjoy people there for my co worker were awesome I enjoy challenges, one thing I dislike was unsatisfied customer or just grumpy people in general. I enjoy all the people and fast past work
Friendly and Fun Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day of work is extremely busy. During our lunch and dinner hours we handled high volumes of customers. I experienced a very busy environment and learned not only to be a cashier, but I also ensured a clean restaurant. I cleaned the dining room and bathrooms, also in the kitchen. I was a drive-thru cashier as well and that was quite the experience, also very busy area. Management was quite excellent. I became friends with my supervisors and manager. Although there was a bit of favoritism when giving out hours. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the dining room clean at our rush hour times. Sometimes no one could make it out to clean. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely talking to the customers. We had a lot of regulars and they were all very friendly. Since I am also a very friendly and sociable person, I got along extremely well with not only my co-workers but the customers as well.
Pros
50% off of food.
Cons
Not enough hours at times.
Great work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at wendy's would be; maintaining a clean work environment, serving customers with a smile and fast customer service. You learn how to deal with frustrating customers respectively. Managers and co-workers are very easy going.
Pros
50% of meals
Cons
Being on your feet all day
Typical work enivorment
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
I only completed my training there so I can't say too much about it. When i was there it was calm and pleasant. I worked there for about a week because of the hours that were given to me without the possibility to change. I was given a Schdual where i was to work from 7:30 till midnight, everynight and go to school the next morning.
Fast paced work environment
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Wendy's is a fast paced work environment that is a good first job for someone looking for experience. A typical work day would be very busy and you move around a lot.
Fast paced work enviroment
Front Counter Service Crew, Dining Room Closing (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJanuary 21, 2016
judgemental staff, unstable employees >was sexually harassed and the management didn't tend well to me responding to it and alerting them. I ended up leaving In the end so i could end the harassment myself. He was 22, I was 15.
fun and competitive environment
Cashier, Sandwich Maker, Grill (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
very busy and enjoyable. time management skills are key. Hardest part of jobs is closing but I got used to it. Co workers are great and friendly. Awesome environment to work in.
Pros
Good people to work with, and positive environment!
kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Family and Friendly atmosphere as you enter, you are greeted with kindness. Working is fast pace, but when it slows down, conversation is initiated. Hours are hard to get because of biased management. The people make it worth going to work though!
Pros
50% discount.
Cons
Biased Management.
Great
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 12, 2016
The hardest part of this job is having overtime because of the schedule. The most enjoyable part is my co workers are fun to work with and i enjoy my time with them.
productive
cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2016
amazing work culture ,friendly atmosphere,good team work.
like to work with fast paced learning in the fast food centre
treating the customers with greeting and serve hot and tasty food
benefits
Cons
...
Great
Cashier/ Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I've learned a lot working at Wendy's: Communication Skills
Multitasking
Problem Solving etc

My favorite part of the day is making sure the customers are satisfied and each one leaves with a smile :)
Good part time job for student or first job.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJanuary 10, 2016
Good part time job for a student, typical day includes positional tasks/cleaning, very busy lunch rush at my location. As it is my first job, I learned a lot about maintaining a job and what it takes to be an appreciated employee. I've met lots of awesome people that I'll be friends with long time, and also some not so great people, which I'm assuming is the same at any job! The hardest part of the job for me would be the whole concept of fast AND neat, one at a time is a piece of cake, but not so much both during a rush. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with, being around an awesome crew makes the day go by much more enjoyably and smoothly.
fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 8, 2016
a typical day consisted of taking in orders of customers and making their food so that it was enjoyable to eat/drink.i learned how to deal with cranky customers and how count cash make the sandwitches and make the chilli and baked patoies cook on the grill for the meat.management was great.co-workers were awsome.the hardest part of the job was there was anything that wasnt hard.the most enjoyable part was the people and the workers and management to work with.
Fun workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Always keep motivated and always smile.
Make the customers happy at all times.
Most enjoyable part of the job is to always work as a team and get the job done in a timely manner.
fun at work
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Camrose, ABJanuary 6, 2016
There is no such thing as pressure in this job, every co-worker and management is there to help and assist every employee. There is a team work in this company.
Pros
Product discounts in employee
generic fast food job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ONDecember 22, 2015
again, another generic fast food job involving cleaning/cooking ect. nothing good or bad to say. "insert random filler for 20 word min count here"
work honesty
ant time
any where
work enjoy
manage all time
productive and fun working environment with fast phase
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCDecember 15, 2015
I was a general manager of that location and was responsible for managing sales,accounts,maintenance,payroll and labor etc. In this job, learned that cutomer service and treatment for staff is the most important part of the business.The hardest part of managing a restaurant is to have long term employee due to low pay rate and no benefit coverage. I really enjoyed my job because it's my passion to meet new people and work in a fast phase.
Fun Job
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  L'Île-Perrot, QCDecember 11, 2015
I was only there for one day since it was a stage but I enjoyed it because time went by fast and I was constantly doing something different. I spent most of my day learning how to do the warehouse but then I after the warehouse work was done, I was put on the floor to put the clothing I had tagged in the ware house.