The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,153 reviews matching the search
Wendy's the Company was a more positive and rewarding place to be until taken over by Franchisees
Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
The culture under the franchise is totally performance at ALL COST.
Management personnel are driven in to the ground without any consideration to life balance.
Pros
Positive staff engagement.
Cons
No life balance
worked there would again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mckerrow, ON25 July 2017
good work kept busy stanking cashier and drinks very fun making drinks is th fab there frostys lemonade pop amazing food source good place to eat made 12 hour
Pros
skill
Cons
8 hours a day
Pretty great!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 July 2017
My last Wendy's location was great. The coworkers were friendly, the hours were flexible and the managers were always ready to answer questions and provide guidance and appropriate training where required! Everyone got along and worked efficiently with one another, resulting in an enjoyable work experience.
They trained me on every position, and even trained me on closing the sandwich station, which happened to be my favorite. It provided a daily challenge to beat the clock, which caused me to continually strive to improve and hone my skills to better serve our customers.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly coworkers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON25 July 2017
I went into Wendys as a management trainee. The training is good, on hand training as well as videos, etc. Pay could be a bit better. Job is easy, fast paced. Good place to work if you love customer service work.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
Hot and greasy atmosphere
It's a job to get by.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON24 July 2017
The job itself is typically alright, but the culture of belittling and demeaning fast food employers from both the perspective of the customer but the employer as well can get you down sometimes. But overall, if you're lucky to find a good and positive team, it can be tolerable.
fun people to work good environment
Front counter (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 July 2017
overall a good company to work for, its just not that busy so it gets kind of boring and also they don't have a lot of different shifts so I was always stuck on the 11-7 shift which took my whole day
Good workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 July 2017
Friendly crew , good quality food , hygienic food but they were not gave my 20 hours of week which I required.they allowed the crew to get the 50% off on employ meal which was profitable deal.
Pros
50% off for employe meal
Cons
timing
\good work experience
Cook food (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON24 July 2017
a typical day of work for Wendy's is a bit stressful. What I've learned from the job is that you have to have full alert of yourself and others around you. The management is okay but its mainly about your work peers that keep you coming back to keep going with the job. the most enjoyable part of the job is the breaks with your work peers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Excellent people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 July 2017
Was a very friendly and enjoyable place to work. Again by working for this company it also gave me experience to work in a fast paced environment. It also provided met the opportunity to gain experience working with customers.
Average workplace
Shift Supervisor/Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON23 July 2017
Overall not a bad place to work, but upper management tends to dump the majority of the work on the lower management, and they in turn get burnt out trying to constantly fix the issues that occur. I love my regular customers, but it's not worth the stress!!
Pros
Free meal for management
Cons
long shifts, standing on hard surface
Good food but not a good place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 July 2017
I will not recommend this job to anybody. Too much heat, unprofessional management, disgusting complain about the food quality. I were just the dead ghost working there.
Pros
Cons
Some management was rude and not approachable.
Irresponsible management or Discrimination.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC21 July 2017
The management was irresponsible and hired too many people, and thus many people are getting few work hours, i myself am getting less than 12 hrs a week (8-12 every 2 weeks) and i have told management many times that i am available any time. As well if the management claims not to have irresponsibly hired too many people then that means they are choosing not to train workers like myself who are out and keeping them on low salary
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Not enough hours, Minimal training given.
Bad place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS20 July 2017
Been working at Wendy's for A while and it has been awful, long stressful nights. Management to to say the least horrible, will be happy to leave. If people don't like you for some reason you get treated bad. They pick favourites I guess you could say.
Pros
Food
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
great place to work, supportive management helps you to work according to your schedule, very flexible with students schedule and its a free praise where you can raise your concern.
good to start your work life
CREW (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2017
good to work if looking for a job for the first time. Lots of pressure and loads of work. coworkers are helpful. fast paced environment to work. Expect you to work anytime they call you even if you are busy with something important.
Pros
helpful coworkers
Cons
too much pressure, may call you anytime
Excellent
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 July 2017
Excellent work experience. Friendly staff. Good hours. Lousy benefits. Kind and understanding managers. Good company to work for if you are just starting out.
wendy is a great place to work you get to meet new people every day and if you area peoples person like me i garentee you woul enjoy working there
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nassau, ON17 July 2017
Wendy's is a great to work because of its equal opportunity for every one ,they don't discriminate at all. at Wendy's I learned a great deal about costumer service and what is expected when you interact with customers from varied back ground.
Pros
half of all food items
Cons
Nice employees, easy to get along with/
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 July 2017
You have to be quick on your feet and not get stressed over the little thing. The only hard part is when the customers make a scene and are rude. I have learned how to manage money and deal with the customers who are having a bad day.
Pros
You get 30% off of the food you order.
Cons
Certain employees are hard to get along with/
stage
Commis sur le plancher (Former Employee) –  Lachenaie, QC13 July 2017
J'avais 15 et cette emploie m'a apprit a mieux fonctionner dans ma vie personnelle et professionnelle
Productive but stressful
Front Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 July 2017
At Wendy's, the people working there are nice. The job is overloaded with many tasks where the manager usually sits back and doesn't do much. The hardest is multi tasking since front cashier covers both drive thru and front cash while restocking and cleaning dining room. The most enjoyable part is talking with the customers and just having regular day to day conversations with people enjoying the food.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9