The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Absolutely the worst experience of my life
Cashier/Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 January 2017
I would just do yourself a favor and keep looking, if the managers arent yelling at people to work its because they are busy talking with each other about which employees they dont like, as well as im pretty sure they are sexist, there is no males on the management team and the only people that moved up in the year i worked there were woman.
Cons
long hours, bad pay, no benefits, stole money from paycheck
Hard place to work but wonderful team
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 December 2016
Working at Wendy's was certainly an experience. The team were always friendly, kind and positive people. I learned a lot about time management, the benefits of a positive attitude and keeping a smile on my face even on the hardest and most trying of days. I worked at wendy's for about two years and I found the hardest part of the job was trying to provide both a quick yet friendly and reliable atmosphere for our guests. Management could be very pushy and not very encouraging which made working in that environment very trying and difficult. I love providing excellent customer service, showcasing my skills and providing top class results in my work but I don't think it was the ideal environment for me.
Pros
teamwork, flexible, friendly
Cons
stressful, rushed, no benefits or encouragement
Great place but bad management and no advancement opportunities
All positions (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON3 November 2016
This is a great first job but has absolutely no advancement opportunities, barely any raises and either too little hours or way too many. The restaurant just recently got fully staffed after a serious employee shortage but still isn't running great due to poor management.
Pros
Great Crew
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Fun place to work at, great attitudes
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 February 2017
-a typlical day at work involves alot of cleaning, food preperation, interacting with customers, and basic problem solving
-I learned many customer service skills, food safety skills, basic cooking skills, and basic business skills
-Good management
-Good workplace culture, we were a very diverse group
-meeting time requirements (drive thru times) was one of the hardest parts as there was much pressure to get lower times
-the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, meeting new people and making friends with co-workers
Pros
50% off one meal at the beginning or end of shift
Cons
no guaranteed hours
Productive and fun workplace with a family atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 December 2016
This is a fun challenging environment to work in with people from all walks of life, they are friendly for the most part. I learned how vital it is to work as a team in an environment like this or it affects everybody. I learned a lot about time management and learning how to keep a cool head and a positive attitude when things get hectic. Management doesn't usually feel like management because we're usually having fun while working together to reach common goals in the workplace, even though the job itself can be quite challenging and stressful. My co workers are also a lot of fun, everyone usually gets along, we enjoy working together. The hardest part of the job is multitasking (cleaning/stocking up) during busy rushes. This is otherwise a really fun job, it's a great experience with really nice people to work with.
Pros
A fun and challenging experience, great people to work with, 50% off food
Cons
stressful, busy, physically challenging, difficult customers, long hours, a lot of cleaning, mostly night shifts available
Great first job but not a suitable job to be in after many years
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 October 2016
Management is friendly and great to the crew but are totally under paid. Hard work should be paid accordingly and there was no raises being given, ever.
Pros
Free lunch, great management, nice friendly people
Cons
Low pay rate, long hours, low staff levels
happy to work at wendys fast food restaurant
Cashier and Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
a typical day at work is washing dishes, working the front cash, working the drive thru and cleaning the restaurant

i learned how to operate the front cash and work in a busy and fast paced environment

management is on point

workplace culture is fast food

the hardest part of the job is stress that it can sometimes bring to a persons body and mind

the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with other employess and customers
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
not always enough hours
Safe clean Place to work, Advancement Opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2016
Working at Wendys was a Good Job for a young and friendly person.

They showed you respect, and treated you fairly, The environment was clean and safe.

They encouraged you to better yourself and gave opportunity to advance into management roles.

Benefits would Include Years worked rewards, Dental/Health.
Pros
Safe, Clean and fair. Indoors work for summer and Winter
Cons
Low pay, Dealing with rude customers
Fast-paced with flexible hours, pay is okay for what it is but good benefits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON4 June 2016
Great boss, mostly friendly & competent coworkers, decent pay and good benefits for supervisors/managers. Also flexible hours which is really nice.

Can get really hot in there though and stressful at times (typical of customer service especially food service). Some of the hours are pretty long in the summer (open later) and the constant hand washing can hurt some people's skin. There is some room for advancement especially if you apply yourself you'll be noticed and rewarded. Your general manager makes all the difference! Also the benefits at this location for the supervisors/managers are great.
Pros
discounted/free meals, flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
hot, stressful, customers, sometimes long hours
Productive and Friendly Staff
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2016
Overall I think that I learned what it's like to have a hard job, expectations had to be met no matter what. Everyone on the job seemed friendly and was always there to give a helping hand. Management was always there to help. The hardest part of the job was always having to stay later than I expected. I do think that the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet people who I was able to connect with
Pros
Meeting new eople
there is no fun
Cashier and Grill (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2016
i have been working in wendys long time and i worked hard with no recognition in either way for example in two years i got .25 cents an hour raise and no promotion - the people who joined after me they promoted but not me.

when i asked for the transfer i have been harrased gy the GM of the store i felt quitting but i can't i need to support the family. the main thing is so called general manager is ruining the reputation of the store and the brand wendys. there no one in head office to take care of this.
i don't work in a company where i don't get satifaction.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours to work with
constantly busy in a hot environment
Primary grill operator (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 January 2017
lots of standing around when its not busy. would recommend as a first job but not to make a career from it.lots of drama. management can be super strict most of the time, especially when the general manager is visiting, which is when it gets stressful
Pros
good people
Cons
hot environment
not the best work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 August 2016
Wendy's doesn't give you enough hours, i was sick for 4 days and they fired me for the sick days due to my doctor being away. manager isn't understanding, the management isn't good and the pay isn't much and there's no benefits either. I wasn't satisfied with working here.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Short shifts low pay
Productive, a place where I learned a lot and a fun place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2017
A place where every one works as team.
Learned a lot P&L, Scheduling, Labour Management and so on.

This is a place where I saw a culture of warm and belonging where every one is welcomed.
Pros
Free Lunch, Gives an opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
Really not any
Fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 July 2016
Wendy's, delicious food and great management. Working at Wendy's was the best six months of my life. I was able to come into work, get caught up on what needs to be done and work with awesome people. One of my favorite things at Wendy's was I was able to meet different people who shared the same interest as myself. We were able to connect, which made work go by so quick. Management was able to give me my requested shifts and book the days off when needed; this was great as a was going to school at the same time. I highly suggest those who need a part-time or full-time job (as they have permanent benefits, for those who need it.)
Pros
Half off meals
Cons
Lots of cleaning
Good way to start for a job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2016
I learned how to be comfortable around people, and not to be scared or shy to talk to people that i do not know. The management was okay the only problem was, they put me on a day to work that I did not choose which was a problem. My co-workers were great they helped me around the restaurant on what to do and what not to do, and they were really fun to talk to. Hardest part of the job was when i had to do morning shifts at 7 so I had to wake up around 5:30 which was pretty hard to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i do cashier because afer a while i loved talking to people and interacting with them, while they are waiting and no one is in line i try and just lighten them up.
Pros
50% discount only on the day you work
Cons
Made me work on a day i never chose and worked a little longer than i thought i would
Probably the best co-workers you'll ever meet
Front/Drive Thru Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ON12 February 2017
The atmosphere is very inviting, the employees are the best part. They make your shifts better because everyone is friendly and always cracking jokes. The work can get hectic and difficult but it becomes easier the more you do it. I learned a lot about multi-tasking, time management (since I was in university at the same time). Management is pretty good, they can be a little hard on your sometimes but it's not because they hate you, they just want things to get done the right way.
Pros
Free lunches to one employee each week with the best performance
Cons
30min break
great place to work for
Cashier/Sandwich Maker (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 January 2017
great place to work for, all the food is fresh, made and prepped everyday. good management and time goes by fast when working
Pros
cheap lunches
Cooperation and hard work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC3 February 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Wendy's. I was able to be a part of a well functioning and productive team. Throughout my experience, I have learned impeccable people skills and problem solving. The management was well rounded and able to show compassion for their staff. Naturally, every job will its obstacles but being a part of the Wendy's team it has better prepared me to be able to handle any challenge given to me. Overall, Wendy's has been a pleasure to work for.
Pros
Staff was easy to get a long with
Cons
Late nights
Pretty easy, but always told I wasn't good enough.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC23 October 2016
A typical day at work was usually the same, serving customers either with front cash or drive-through, and mainly closing at night. I learned speed, and multitasking. Management is a bit harsh and always seemed to pick on me for never meeting their standards, even though I was pushing my limits. Most of my co-workers were very introverted, but there were a few I got along with well. Hardest part of my job was dealing with all the bad things I was told about myself. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the amazing types of people that came in.
Pros
50% off lunches.
Cons
Late shifts, never fast or good enough.

2.9