The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Entertaining personality
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 22, 2016
I have a great knowledge of networking, management, accounting.I love accounting and is familiar to basic concept very well
Excellent Fast-Paced Work Environment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 21, 2016
Working at Wendy's is a fast-paced job. It can be quite demanding, but overall, it's a rewarding experience. Especially if you can do your job effectively and efficiently. Although, the training and on the job experience lends more to customer service and the food industry, rather than construction and trades. For reference in case you feel like switching occupational titles anytime soon.
Pros
Fast-Paced, Rewarding Experience
Cons
Your manager can mean the difference between success and failure, So can your fellow employees, You must work as a team or fail as a team
Good and friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 14, 2016
Very good and friendly environment . Manager was helpful and co-workers were always willing to teach and help. I loved working in Wendy's .
Informative and uncomfortable.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BCSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working here for the experience with food as well as the public however the staffing and management was stressful and usually uncomfortable.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Uncomfortable atmosphere
Fun, easy going, flexible hours
Cashier & Food Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ONSeptember 8, 2016
Overall, Wendy's is a wonderful place to work. The staff is caring and friendly and the hours can be adjusted according to your schedule needs. I would recommend for new workers/ students.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Not enough hours
Understandable workplace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 3, 2016
3 hour shifts
Most to do out of other employees
Managers with different work place requirements
Doing patty's, nuggets, fries, restocking, cleaning most work areas
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Environment not so confortable
exciting place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2016
A fast paced funfilled environment to work ,
very cooperative management and co workers ,
meeting new people every day and assisting them in best possible way,
customer centric policies ,nice people and place to work
Pros
discounted food
Cons
not any
horrible
burger prep (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 1, 2016
managers there are the most rude people i have ever met. I used to work there and my girlfriend walked me into work one day and they told her to get out. even though she had money and wanted to buy something.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCAugust 31, 2016
It's a bit hard at first but once you get into it, it's really easy. It's fun for part time workers. Sometimes they just call off your shift 10 minutes before it gets started, which is annoying.
Fantastic place to work
Cashier, drive-thru order taker and bagger (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 30, 2016
A typical day at work for me was to go in and see smile faces on everyone, the customers most of the time were happy. I learned that no matter what the customer is always right at Wendys. The management and the co-workers were very friendly and great people to be around. There wasnt really a hard part about it, the Wendys team in Barrie helped each other out with everything, they're a great team. The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure the customers got what they needed, and made sure they were happy and would want to come back again.
Pros
Great staff
there is no fun
Cashier and Grill (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2016
i have been working in wendys long time and i worked hard with no recognition in either way for example in two years i got .25 cents an hour raise and no promotion - the people who joined after me they promoted but not me.

when i asked for the transfer i have been harrased gy the GM of the store i felt quitting but i can't i need to support the family. the main thing is so called general manager is ruining the reputation of the store and the brand wendys. there no one in head office to take care of this.
i don't work in a company where i don't get satifaction.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours to work with
Friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
Everyone I worked with were very humble and kind. We became like a family. I've learned a lot there, such as how to be responsible, how to have patient and how to deal with customers the right way.

The hardest part of the job I would say is cleaning other peoples messes.

The most enjoyable part was coming in and seeing my coworkers,
fun and nice job
FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Foothills, ABAugust 23, 2016
its a nice job.they gonna follow your availability and give you more hours and nice rate. all people are very nice and friendly. management are giving you a chance to excel your self.
fast paced work environment
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCAugust 23, 2016
fast paced working days
flexible work hours
great co workers

i learned how to be more eloquent when it comes to customer service, being understanding with every customer.
management is good not too aggressive

hardest part of the job is lots of customers on busy days
Pros
half off on food purchases for employees
Cons
hectic work load
Not a happy work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 23, 2016
Not the most comfortable or friendly workplace environment. A lot of favouritism. Not getting enough requested hours. Some very unpleasant managers and coworkers.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Flexibly fun environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 22, 2016
It's a physically demanding job with a lot of fun staff and flexible hours. Training is simple and it's easy to grow within the company.
Pros
The food
Cons
The managers
crew are good
Food counter attendant (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABAugust 20, 2016
the staff are good and the culture is good as well but the fall is you don't get enough hours to support your family needs.need more improvements for management
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
short hours
Great people to work with
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 19, 2016
I would open the restaurant by counting the tills for that day and setting them up in the tills. I would do a cleanliness checklist from the closing shift the night before just to make sure everything is clean before we open. I would turn on all the equipment to prepare for the cooking. I would set up the break plan and the floor plan so that the employees knew which position they were working in that day. I would check to make sure that outside was clean of garbage and debris. I would also assign cleaning tasks to the crew. If it was a certain day of the week then I would place the food order or have a health and safety meeting or being doing the crew schedules. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the customers get their food in an accurate and timely manner. My manager was great when I worked there.
Pros
The people that I worked with
Cons
The late nights on the weekends
Love it here!
Cashier/ cook (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 16, 2016
Can't really complain about wendys other than that there are not many advancement opportunities. I love my coworkers and the hours are exactly what I'm asking for!
ok
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONAugust 16, 2016
I was not paid what I should have legally been paid. I complained 4 times about a manger and nothing was ever done which is what lead to me quitting. Good hours tho and some eployeees were friendly.

2.8