The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

pretty much cancer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 March 2017
management is a tyrant. the job it's self is toxic. decent place if your in high school...hard to get shifts off of night crewand very little room to grow
poor work environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 March 2017
terrible place to work, terrible ownership, took employees for granted.
most enjoyable part of the job was going home. stressful. hard to find good employees. hard to find good management to work with/ pay was not desirable for the amount of hours worked. Terrible hours for management.
Bad culture
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON19 March 2017
Not a place for students, fast-food may be a great and easy first job for students but Brockville Wendy's is not youth friendly. Staff is known to be loud.
Amazing
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 March 2017
Easy-Going, Multiple different positions, high-paced environment, friendly and considerate management, learn all positions and never just on one position for an entire night.
Productive and lighthearted workplace, benefits.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 March 2017
A typical day would entail food prep, being assigned to a station to serve from: front register, sandwiches, grill, runner, drive thru window register, lots of cleaning afterwards.
You will learn the do's and don'ts around the kitchen, keeping the workplace sanitary, avoiding cross-contamination & undercooked meats, maintaining a safe environment to work in and keeping a constant communication going with others while you complete orders as needed.
Management stays on the ball and sees to it that everyone is playing their role in the team.
The hardest part of the job can be trying to keep up when the store is overwhelmingly busy, but it's a challenge that anyone should be ready to tackle.
During my time there I was lucky to work with some good people which always helps.
Pros
Employee discount, benefits, good crew, good atmosphere.
Cons
Can be hectic during lunch/dinner hours, low pay.
Competitive & Excellent Learning Place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2017
A typical day at work would be challenging in terms of varied customer service. Everyday is a new challenge. You are challenged to excel in customer service, while focusing on Speed, Accuracy, Taste, Friendliness and Taste.
Pros
Free Lunch; Excellent Work Culture
Cons
Fun place to work and learn teamwork
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 March 2017
This place provided me all required skills for a job; gained a lot of experience. The trust management showed was enormous and overwhelming. Though I am a crew member, they taught me all managerial skills.
Pros
Lots of growth opportunities
learning new things
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2017
I learn so many thing every day its gud oppurninty I learn how to work in team how to help the management . I help to taking order online . thnku so much
Pros
gud work
Cons
learning thing
Training unsufficiant
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 March 2017
As the company was understaffed at the time I was not given adequate training and was therefore uncomfortable working there. However, the staff was friendly and helpful when they were able to help me. The hardest part of the job was when you messed up an order and had to throw out the whole sandwich, and we have starving people on the streets. It was hard because you had to start all over and you were behind. If you are unable to handle stress and deadlines this is not the job for you.
Pros
10 percent off, friendly staff
Cons
inadequate training, managing problems
Fun place to work
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 March 2017
Its a fun place to work...Management was very helpful in training and overall support...I learned to deal with different types of customers...
Nice work environment.
Pros
50% discount
Customer Service
counter person/cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
I worked with a great team of people across from the airport in Toronto so was very busy. I worked different hours all the time because I was working two jobs at once But always worked to my potential.
Wendy's Restaraunts
Grill Operator/Sandwich Prep (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON13 March 2017
Enjoyed working there, it was a good working environment and great team atmosphere. you will enjoy talking to customers and working as a team to get the job done. Pay is good.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Most shifts are slow
fun workplace
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC13 March 2017
I've learned a lot at wendys had to deal with a lot of rude people all the time and learned to stay calm the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your co-workers.
Working in wendys is really fun
Service Crew/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
I really love to work in this place prior to the managers and crews. We treat ourselves as a family and working as a team. This store is always following standards specially to the cleanliness of everybody/
great first job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 March 2017
working here taught me so many important skills. I was treated well and trained in every single position. Working here was some of the best times of my life.
Very fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa9 March 2017
I spent my entire childhood since I was 14 years old, very fun.The job is very exciting you never know what your day will be like the next day. Has its good days and bad days. But in general its a job that pays well.
goo place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON9 March 2017
worked there for 3 months and did good job but they didnt have enough work for me so now im looking for new job would work for them again if offered a job
Pros
discount
Cons
hours
Pruductive, but worst management
Main Cashier Attendant, Grill (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2017
Wendy's doesn't provide proper training and disrespects employees. managers take advantage of employees, and steel from employees. not a safe workplace as employees are not taken into consideration of chemicals and weight lifting.
very good
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON9 March 2017
good environment
nice staff
great management
culture very diverse
fast and accuracy
was able to learn a lot like dealing with all types of customer
It could be an excelent place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  YVR8 March 2017
It is a good place to work but at the location I was working is a little difficult since 9 of 10 workers are from the same nacionality and to deal with people speaking a particular language and being rude to people from different nacionality is not a dream.
Pros
Location walking distance from City hall Sky Train
Cons
no too nice enviroment when supervisors are rude to workers.

2.9