The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

there is no fun
Cashier and Grill (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2016
i have been working in wendys long time and i worked hard with no recognition in either way for example in two years i got .25 cents an hour raise and no promotion - the people who joined after me they promoted but not me.

when i asked for the transfer i have been harrased gy the GM of the store i felt quitting but i can't i need to support the family. the main thing is so called general manager is ruining the reputation of the store and the brand wendys. there no one in head office to take care of this.
i don't work in a company where i don't get satifaction.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours to work with
Friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
Everyone I worked with were very humble and kind. We became like a family. I've learned a lot there, such as how to be responsible, how to have patient and how to deal with customers the right way.

The hardest part of the job I would say is cleaning other peoples messes.

The most enjoyable part was coming in and seeing my coworkers,
fun and nice job
FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Foothills, ABAugust 23, 2016
its a nice job.they gonna follow your availability and give you more hours and nice rate. all people are very nice and friendly. management are giving you a chance to excel your self.
fast paced work environment
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCAugust 23, 2016
fast paced working days
flexible work hours
great co workers

i learned how to be more eloquent when it comes to customer service, being understanding with every customer.
management is good not too aggressive

hardest part of the job is lots of customers on busy days
Pros
half off on food purchases for employees
Cons
hectic work load
Not a happy work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 23, 2016
Not the most comfortable or friendly workplace environment. A lot of favouritism. Not getting enough requested hours. Some very unpleasant managers and coworkers.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Flexibly fun environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 22, 2016
It's a physically demanding job with a lot of fun staff and flexible hours. Training is simple and it's easy to grow within the company.
Pros
The food
Cons
The managers
crew are good
Food counter attendant (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABAugust 20, 2016
the staff are good and the culture is good as well but the fall is you don't get enough hours to support your family needs.need more improvements for management
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
short hours
Great people to work with
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 19, 2016
I would open the restaurant by counting the tills for that day and setting them up in the tills. I would do a cleanliness checklist from the closing shift the night before just to make sure everything is clean before we open. I would turn on all the equipment to prepare for the cooking. I would set up the break plan and the floor plan so that the employees knew which position they were working in that day. I would check to make sure that outside was clean of garbage and debris. I would also assign cleaning tasks to the crew. If it was a certain day of the week then I would place the food order or have a health and safety meeting or being doing the crew schedules. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the customers get their food in an accurate and timely manner. My manager was great when I worked there.
Pros
The people that I worked with
Cons
The late nights on the weekends
Love it here!
Cashier/ cook (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 16, 2016
Can't really complain about wendys other than that there are not many advancement opportunities. I love my coworkers and the hours are exactly what I'm asking for!
ok
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONAugust 16, 2016
I was not paid what I should have legally been paid. I complained 4 times about a manger and nothing was ever done which is what lead to me quitting. Good hours tho and some eployeees were friendly.
Good enviroment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 16, 2016
How to serve and satisfy custormer requirements
How to work as a casher
Crew nmember were very nice and co-operative

When I started work work here I was new comer so it was very to understand language so it was the typical time for me but after some time got better.
Pros
LESS HOURS
Cons
NOT SECURE JOB
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  2400 Dundas street westAugust 12, 2016
Wendy's was fun to work at, it helped me build up work experience but after 4 years it is time for something new.
I learned many different skills like taking orders, cleaning, customer service, dealing with complaints, and working effectively with a team.
Pros
50% off
Cons
not reliable shifts
Not the best job in the world
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCAugust 11, 2016
Got along great with my boss and coworkers. Pretty fast paced, never bored, always something to do. Did not get enough hours though. Lots of different people to work with, met a few friends.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Not very good wage
Good job bad management
Grill Operator (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaAugust 10, 2016
The job was alright it is a fast paced environment but the management is horrible. A typical day would get busy around lunch hour and dinner rush.
Productive and fun workplace
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCAugust 8, 2016
- Learned to work under stressful situations
- When in need, Co-workers were very helpful in helping with work I was unable to do
- Communication amongst others was a difficult thing for me
- Being able to work with my family friend
- They managed to keep me busy every hour of my shifts
Productive and freindly enviornment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 8, 2016
Wendy's is a very fast pace job. I had to memorize everything on the menu which was hard at first but all my co-workers were very kind and friendly which made it much easier. Overall it is a great environment.
Pros
Free drinks and 50% off food
Fast Paced & Demanding Of Hard Workers
drive through line cook (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCAugust 3, 2016
on a normal shift you sweep , mop , take out garbage. During Peak Shifts You Serve and engage in conversation with guests to the store as you help them order food. Hardest part is dealing with confused or mislead guests. Easiest part about the work would be doing dishes or closing the store.
Fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 29, 2016
Wendy's, delicious food and great management. Working at Wendy's was the best six months of my life. I was able to come into work, get caught up on what needs to be done and work with awesome people. One of my favorite things at Wendy's was I was able to meet different people who shared the same interest as myself. We were able to connect, which made work go by so quick. Management was able to give me my requested shifts and book the days off when needed; this was great as a was going to school at the same time. I highly suggest those who need a part-time or full-time job (as they have permanent benefits, for those who need it.)
Pros
Half off meals
Cons
Lots of cleaning
We see to it that safety of each employee is our priority.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJuly 28, 2016
Each member of the team must deliver the best quality food and good service base on the standard of the Company. Being in a restaurant business was challenging but it is fulfilling when you see your customers are satisfied and goes back to your restaurant. In return, they give you business.
Pros
free meal
Cons
shifting time
very busy restaurant
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 28, 2016
i work here all around grill,sandwich maker,fries section,drive thrue, morning shift prepare salad section and closing time aswell
Pros
50%discount for food
Cons
9hrs a day

2.8