The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,006 reviews matching the search
A good place to start
Cashier/Drive thru order taker/Sandwich maker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 April 2017
If you can work in a fast pace environment and can adjust to rapidly changing work environment it is a good place to work and you get to work as a team
Pros
Gives good work skills for other opportunities in the future
Cons
Long hours and physically tiring
fast paced and great staff
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 April 2017
taking orders
interacting with customers
customer service skills
interpersonal skills
team player
working with difficult customers
very friendly and understanding staff
Pros
50% off food
Poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
I can not speak for all Wendy's branches. Although, I will share my work experience at the previous location I worked at. The management was poor - they failed to consider my requested days off and was willing to have workers come in even though they were sick. This could have been a big problem as it promoted the transmission of diseases from foods to people. Some of the employees were unfriendly which made coming to work dreadful. The upside to this was their strict service. They made sure every employee delivered customer's orders accurate and fast. I was also able to perform various tasks at one time. For example, I can take drive-through orders while making part of their orders at the same time and talk among the sandwich makers. I can collect bills while taking another order or promoting combos.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
unfriendly staff
Hard work with not a lot of recognition
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON22 April 2017
This was fine for a first time job, but the work wasn't meaningful and there was no opportunity to move up or forward. I enjoyed the company of my coworkers but fast food employees in general are abused by the general public and are certainly not paid enough for what they go through.
worked as a Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 April 2017
worked as a Cashier
Learned useful skills including customer service, cashiering, cleaning up after close, discipline, follow instructions, ambitious and outgoing. The hardest part of the job is when it's get every busy and the sandwich maker get let to prepare the food, people will get angry on who works as cashier . The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new people every day.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 April 2017
This job is not very demanding because like any fast food restaurants some times it's really busy and other times you have no customers. Working in front of the grill was the hardest part as you need to be really careful for your safety and safety of others.
first job
Crew Trainee (Former Employee) –  oakville20 April 2017
good first job worked there for almost 2 years, had good employees to work with learnt alot from the job. made me good in fast paced situations and nothing bad to say
Pros
good company
Cons
gets hot and busy
Typical fast food restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC20 April 2017
Your fast food restaurant experience is entirely based on the kinds of people that work at that particular restaurant. Everyone at ours was really nice, however the job is still the same. Its hard work and dealing with rude customers.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Long hours, insufficient breaks
Good people fun to work with
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 April 2017
Everyone seems to be really nice and friendly. Fun work environment. Not the hardest job. Its good for a first job. Management is good very flexible hours so you don't get stressed with personal life.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Rude customers
Wendy's
Cashier/ Drive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
Overall was a great job to create experience and had many moments to develop skills. It helped me use my critical thinking skills, in addition the managers and other crew members made the working environment very comfortable.
Typical Day at Wendy's
Part-time crew member (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON18 April 2017
People were always cheerful, and happy to see you when you walked in for your shift. I learned a lot about multitasking, and I improved my communications skills dramatically the four years working there. Management was okay, I often found myself in manager positions as they would be off doing something else (which wasn't needed to be done). The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
Melanie Rothon
drive threw (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON18 April 2017
hard worker, Reliable ,Dependable., Respectful always showing up to work in a good mood ready to work takes every situation as it comes an a very easy to work with ,
Fun place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 April 2017
The people you get to work with are great, but there is a lot of work to do when it comes to closing time. Sometimes it is hard to go to school while working here because half the time they dont give you the hours you are available to work.
Productive workplace for young adults.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2017
Working at the Wendy's Company can be tiring, yet rewarding. Possibly the best fast food there is, I enjoyed the large discounts I earned on staff meals. Management was supportive, and provided me with flexible hours, and greeting customers was extremely enjoyable. A very face-paced workplace meant the need to be quick on one's feet, and the ability to multitask was mandatory.
Pros
Free lunches or dinners, flexible hours, enjoyable environment.
Cons
Long hours, a lot of standing, impatient customers.
Good team work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON16 April 2017
There really isn't a way to describe a typical day at work because the environment is always changing, Its either really busy or really dead. You can never really predict whats going to happen. Personally I like the fast pace, I take orders quickly and try and get them out as quick as possible so I can do my close. I am a closer there. I really like the people I work with at night because its more relaxed environment, less stressful then during the day especially when your all caught up on your close and joking around with co workers and having fun goofing off for a short period of time makes the nights more enjoyable.
Pros
Half off on meals
Cons
On our feet for long periods of time
Fast paced work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 April 2017
Wendys was very fast paced, working there has taught me how to work under pressure and how efficiently work in a fast paced environment. Management was okay, was hard to get heard. But it is good place to as a first job.
Exciting and Dynamic Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC15 April 2017
A great starter job; enjoyable work, delicious food, friendly customers and coworkers. Highly recommended for anyone who likes to work on their feet. Fun!
Good Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 April 2017
Work environment is good, people are pleasant to work with.

However, there are long shifts with the minimum amount of breaks.

The job can become stressful at times, especially in the summer with hot working conditions.
Cons
long hours, little breaks
Great starting job for teenagers wanting to earn a few bucks.
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
The typical day includes many duties including constant upkeep of your station, cleaning of the lobby, garbage duties and servicing the endless amount of customers. Many times understaffed, due to management having never ending longing to save money through labour cutbacks. Backroom for breaks are cramped and messy. the long hours and low wage teaches youth the value of money. Wendy's is a job that should be filled by the youth who are looking a first job. Highly recommend to any teenagers looking to earn their keep.
Pros
Supportive staff that is flexible around school hours and volunteering.
Cons
Many times understaffed, leading to workers having to work even harder.
Can be enjoyable but...
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 April 2017
Ive been a supervisor for a little while now and it has its perks but I wont advise anyone to take such a position unless it's to enhance your cv. The closing hours are extremely long and we aren't getting paid for working pass 11pm. We don't get paid for doing over time, which happens a lot. They pay is really low for the amount of work that we do. It doesnt pass 14$. And poor recognition or appreciation by our superiors.
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedule sometimes
Cons
long hours, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9