The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

was fun but not anymore
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON6 March 2017
I worked there for a while, When i was promoted into a supervisor it was great. I was trained on everything that a supervisor needed to be trained on. The work place was fun. The old owner sold the place to some new people and they came in and turned everything upside down. Not paying you after a time and would fire you if you walked out without finishing your job. treated their staff very very poorly
Cons
treated staff like nothing and would not pay after a time
Fast paced work environment with friendly team members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 February 2017
A typical day of work as a cashier was attending customers as well as making sure Wendy's restaurant was neat and tidy.

I learned how to deal with many different customer's concerns and issues.

I learned that management is important for the efficient and smooth operation of Wendy's restaurant.

The workplace culture of Wendy's restaurant was friendly team members but it was a fast paced work environment.

The hardest part of the job was went it was lunch time and there were a lot of customers waiting.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working within a team rather than just by yourself.
Training unsufficiant
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 March 2017
As the company was understaffed at the time I was not given adequate training and was therefore uncomfortable working there. However, the staff was friendly and helpful when they were able to help me. The hardest part of the job was when you messed up an order and had to throw out the whole sandwich, and we have starving people on the streets. It was hard because you had to start all over and you were behind. If you are unable to handle stress and deadlines this is not the job for you.
Pros
10 percent off, friendly staff
Cons
inadequate training, managing problems
People are fun to work with
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
- Work in the morning, do what I usually do everytime I open the store.
- I've learned so many stuff such as opening the store, cleaning the fries filter and also cleaning and setting up the grill station.
- We always managed to go through busy hours.
- There are different cultures who works there
- The hardest part of the job is to close the store.
- The most enjoyable part is when it's not busy and we all just talk and having fun.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Probably the best co-workers you'll ever meet
Front/Drive Thru Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ON12 February 2017
The atmosphere is very inviting, the employees are the best part. They make your shifts better because everyone is friendly and always cracking jokes. The work can get hectic and difficult but it becomes easier the more you do it. I learned a lot about multi-tasking, time management (since I was in university at the same time). Management is pretty good, they can be a little hard on your sometimes but it's not because they hate you, they just want things to get done the right way.
Pros
Free lunches to one employee each week with the best performance
Cons
30min break
happy to work at wendys fast food restaurant
Cashier and Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
a typical day at work is washing dishes, working the front cash, working the drive thru and cleaning the restaurant

i learned how to operate the front cash and work in a busy and fast paced environment

management is on point

workplace culture is fast food

the hardest part of the job is stress that it can sometimes bring to a persons body and mind

the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with other employess and customers
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
not always enough hours
Fun place to work at, great attitudes
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 February 2017
-a typlical day at work involves alot of cleaning, food preperation, interacting with customers, and basic problem solving
-I learned many customer service skills, food safety skills, basic cooking skills, and basic business skills
-Good management
-Good workplace culture, we were a very diverse group
-meeting time requirements (drive thru times) was one of the hardest parts as there was much pressure to get lower times
-the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, meeting new people and making friends with co-workers
Pros
50% off one meal at the beginning or end of shift
Cons
no guaranteed hours
Cooperation and hard work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC3 February 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Wendy's. I was able to be a part of a well functioning and productive team. Throughout my experience, I have learned impeccable people skills and problem solving. The management was well rounded and able to show compassion for their staff. Naturally, every job will its obstacles but being a part of the Wendy's team it has better prepared me to be able to handle any challenge given to me. Overall, Wendy's has been a pleasure to work for.
Pros
Staff was easy to get a long with
Cons
Late nights
It is a nice place for very hardworking people for a low rate
Service Crew (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 January 2017
I appreciate to get this kind of work experience. But the atmosphere at work can vary depends on team work and support: it can exist and absent as well.

You will figure out a definition of "Work under pressure" after you will meet every day service time goal and how much multitasking and hardworking you supposed to be.

Your actions are over-controlled by supervisors and you change your work position a lot.
Pros
One-time 50% discount for crew member during work shift
Cons
Unpaid break
Absolutely the worst experience of my life
Cashier/Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 January 2017
I would just do yourself a favor and keep looking, if the managers arent yelling at people to work its because they are busy talking with each other about which employees they dont like, as well as im pretty sure they are sexist, there is no males on the management team and the only people that moved up in the year i worked there were woman.
Cons
long hours, bad pay, no benefits, stole money from paycheck
the most enjoyable part of the job
Wendys Restaurant manager (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB19 January 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people
with the different attitudes ,working relationship for both gender ,sometimes you need to enlighten your personal perception to all co worker so you can work them easily ,and do motivation at all times ,keeping your goal and sales to grow by endearing relationship and service to all customer so they will keep coming back for the business,

delegation of work is making you the best team leader that could lead to strong environment for the incoming future of everyone how you stand by your decision in making them responsible for the task they are making.
Pros
making linch on time
Cons
extending hours as needed to operate in service
Productive manager with options to progres in the work place.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON19 February 2017
The people minus the managers are the worst group of human being ive ver encountered. The employees of pembroke wendys made it very unbearable to work with, They were rude and made sure that new people felt outcasted. Ive never worked in a more miserable place and im going to be telling everyone i know about the complete disregard for human compassion.
very good
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
Day at work great
Learned from different kind of people
They are great in my work place
They are great and friendly
Hardest job in general is no more reward recognition, certificate of appreciation, crew of the year. Hope they considered it, so the crew will motivated in their work in general.
Enjoyable in meeting new friends and people from co-worker to customers
In my opinion and review all aspect is very good
Pros
MANAGERS ON MY WORK HAVE A HEART FOR THEIR CREW
Cons
NO MORE NIGHT DIFFERENTIAL FOR LATE NIGHT DUTIES, NO FREE LUNCHES OR DINNER
It could be an excelent place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  YVR8 March 2017
It is a good place to work but at the location I was working is a little difficult since 9 of 10 workers are from the same nacionality and to deal with people speaking a particular language and being rude to people from different nacionality is not a dream.
Pros
Location walking distance from City hall Sky Train
Cons
no too nice enviroment when supervisors are rude to workers.
Productive place to work with a lot of responsiblity
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 March 2017
Wendy's provides a good place to work for those still in school but management needs to be more understanding about students school schedules. The Wendy's I was at gave you less hours as a punishment if you needed to take a day off. For example if you took of a day for a doctors appointment you could expect only one shift for the next 2-3 weeks. Unacceptable.
An amazing opportunity
Cashier, Side Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Cashier, food prep, sandwich maker, grill worker. I learned to work under pressure in a fast pace environment. Managers were very friendly and flexible. My co-workers were like family to me. I had some of the fondest memories working at Wendy's. The hardest part of the job was leaving it to pursue a career in retail/clothing. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making customers happy.
Pros
working with wonderful people
Cons
imbalance with school and work
Fun and fast paced environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 January 2017
Wendy's is a great place to work, always able to make new friends with employees as well as build up your resume with work experience. Wendy's offers many opportunities for growth within yourself and the company. You learn more about yourself and what you are able to do. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the pace during rush hours, but overall it is a fun and exciting place to work and meet lifelong friends.
Pros
Half off meals when you are working
Cons
Closing the store, however the hours are good
Negative Environment with no respect for outside commitments
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON23 January 2017
The managers were disorganized and gossiped and had no regard for prior commitments (even when notified well in advance) and sometimes forgot they hired someone, never had enough uniforms, and frequently forgot who was trained on what. Sometimes employees would work 12 hour shifts, and employees only got breaks if they worked at least seven hours.
Fast paced which is awesome but some are really dirty
Cashier/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC17 January 2017
Wendy's overall is a pretty fun place to work as long as you have the right manager and team. Most Wendy's are very clean and sanitary but some of them are just a graveyard of old food. Customers are pretty cool and the registers are easy as pie to use, it even shows you pictures.
Pros
50% off of Wendy's n whatever it's connected too
Cons
Only durring work and the hours are not enough
Repetitive, and not for me.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 January 2017
The job wasn't horrible. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the work wasn't too easy or too hard. I was just bored. Constantly doing the same tasks everyday, with nearly the same customers over and over again gets old quickly. Management was decent, but not as professional as they should be. I enjoyed the hours and the schedule was catered to my personal life.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Repetitive

2.9