The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

Friendly, team-oriented workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 27, 2016
Wendy's was a wonderful place to gain work experience, and develop skills that are critical in a workplace.

Staff is friendly and strives to work as a team in order to maintain effective service and to solve problems.

Not much to say; Wendy's was a very well-rounded place to work, and a fantastic place to be a part of.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Rarely, but difficult to negotiate working days
very fast pace with lots of laughs
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2016
employee weekly scheduling and shipment ordering for the coming days
how to effectively work with a diverse group of people while bringing there talents to fruition
everyone has a different way of doing things
work together for effective workforce
dealing with the public
seeing your job run smoothly and effectively
Pros
free meals
Cons
shift work
Part time (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 22, 2016
There was never time to slack off, always had to be doing something; time went by faster this way. It was my first job and opened me up to communicating with others, it also strengthened my communication skills.
Fast Pace Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 21, 2016
Everyday at the restaurant would be quick and fast. The customers would walk in on a regular basis, handling the dining room and drive thru would get challenging but achievable with a hard working team. The management was on point with delivering quality service and reducing production cost. The co-workers were helpful and believed in team work.
Productive and fun workplace
front line cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 20, 2016
Learned working in coordination with the co- workers.
Enjoyed interacting with the customers.
The management staff was really helpful.
Fun and friendly environment to work at. Crew treat each other like family, because everyone is really close to each other.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 19, 2016
Work is physically tiring, but it's fun working with the people. Most customers are friendly. The management is build very strong. Store is one of the cleanest fast food restaurant.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Physically Demanding
its busy yet fun
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
Its a very busy store yet there a lot of opportunity to learn.
A very professional yet friendly environment with very positive people around.
No matter how stressed or busy work gets yet there's always opportunity to smile and have your moment.
Its only when its busy that when you loose your consistency I get into a difficult situation but with the help of my co-workers and working as a team, I have good team bonding here , I cope with it.
Pros
discount on lunches - 50%
Cons
store closings can get dealyed
Fast-paced work environment
Grill Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2016
Work is fast-paced and rewarding.

I learned how to multitask efficiently, and how to carefully prepare food to ensure quality.

Management is patient, knowledgable, and approachable.

The staff is hard-working and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was multitasking.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of preparing delicious meals.
Nice place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 16, 2016
Work environment was friendly, fast but secure. Everyone had fun doing what they were required to do. Though I didn`t work there for long, while i did work there, I got full time shifts which I loved but my feet hated (stood for up to 5 hours in a row while serving customers) personally would have enjoyed another break after 3 hours but, every job works differently. When it came to the actual learning experience,I was mainly on the front line taking orders and serving the food, whether we had to bag it up or place it on a tray that I would later sanitize upon its return for the next customer (I had a lot of fun doing it) I had a blast working at Wendy`s though i was let go after almost a month of service (was not able to get to speed in time allotted...I am a slow learner) which my parents found to have shot my confidence.The type of shifts I got were day shifts, as listed in my resume, I worked opening, though i mainly worked for the lunch rush, i also worked during the diner rush. I enjoyed the fast pace work environment. definitely helped me pass time.
Pros
Everyone was friendly, plus we got a percentage off our meals (only usable once so use it wisely)
Cons
Long hours of standing still waiting for customers when it was slow
Good starting job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
Good place for your first job, but little to no advancements. Can be stressful if you cant handle busy periods. Poor management but co-workers are alright.
Pros
Good place for your first job.
Cons
Gets tidus very fast. Little to no advancment .
Front cash
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 14, 2016
I would take orders and deliver them to trays, clean tables and washrooms. I would also prepare for opening in mornings, prepare food along with turning on fryers and stoves.
Food Prep, cut up veggie and make sure everything was fresh and ready
Pros
good pay for my age
Cons
not demanding enough
Fast-paced Atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 14, 2016
I have had nine hour shifts last twelve hours because of training heavily based on video instruction and very little time to train. I learned to handle multiple positions at a time because I was expected to. I learned that a job is not always worth the stress it creates, and a decent paycheck is worthless if you don't have time to spend it. My coworkers were the best part of this job. Customers and management were the most challenging part of the job.
Pros
50% off food while working as employee, 100% off as a manager while working
Cons
Stressful environment, almost no potential for advancement, few rewards upon advancement
pros:free lunch Cons:short breaks
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 6, 2016
Wendy's was a good experience for me. i was able to learn how to be patient when dealing with customers. The hardest part about working at Wendy's was keeping the balance between working hard and keeping your team happy then working hard to keep the customers happy.
good job
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 6, 2016
i like working there just need more hours. friendly people fast paced good starting out job hoping to find something better
Not very good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 5, 2016
I worked there as a cook for a short period of time. It was not very rewarding except that I met great people. I would like to point out, that the GM was kind enough to allow me to learn enough before my departure.
Pros
Great people and kind GM
Cons
Far from home, dirty and late night closings
very fast paced work place but sweet.
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 4, 2016
drive thru sandwhiches was always where i was placed (aces in their places) became very fast at the tasks i had to accomplish in very short amounts of time. how to bump and slide is what i learned and what i mean by that is as an example (you got time to lean you have time to clean) co-workers were very nice people never had problems with anyone not pulling their own weight. hardest part of the job would be the short amount of time you have to complete an order and get it out that window. most enjoyable part was also the speed at which things needed to be done. always kept you on your toes.
Pros
free lunches and got to work with some friends
Cons
short shifts everyday rather than long shifts (which i prefer)
fun workplace
Cashier/Food Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 4, 2016
Happy and fun workplace. But benefits were not good.
Boss was very nice and cheerful. He helps a lot in terms of operation needs. A boss that you can call Father as well.
Pros
free meal
Cons
benefits wasnt good
great place to work too
Cashier/Sandwich Maker/Drive-thru Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 3, 2016
meeting new people everyday
maintaining the cash and restaurant
policies.
cleaning dining areas
stocking up after day ends.
Work Hours
Side Cash, Front Cash, and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 1, 2016
The Wendy's for which I work eagerly provides their workers with many hours. They allow you to pick which shifts you would prefer to not do. I've recognized my skills in fast food through this company. However, the manager and district manager are extremely strict and don't allow you to miss work regardless of the reason. They threaten to take away hours if you don't comply to all their standards, many of which are extremely unnecessary (such as wearing only black socks or dress pants).
Pros
Learn skills, discounts
Cons
Everything else
good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
taking orders
preparing and giving orders as soon as possible
making sure customers leaving happy.
very friendly co-workers