The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,011 reviews matching the search
Wendy's Restaurant
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 April 2017
The amount of hours an supervisor gets a week is consistent although the work shifts hours are sporadic. At this job I learned how to communicate with many different type of employees. Good or bad it was always a learning curve to be able to interact with so many different employees. The culture at this workplace was very respectable, everything that is done is to please the customers. The hardest part of the job is during rush hours, being able to keep all the employees under control and working as a single unit. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learned how to be a leader and was able to interact with many different employees.
Pros
Employees were great
Cons
Long shifts during the day
Not too bad
Cashier/Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2017
work was never too much, just right.
Management was okay
Overall work experience was good considering working in a food chain.
Hours were poor, but eventually will improve.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Hours
hard
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 April 2017
customers at one point did get very annoying. some would shout and not be patients which got hard to deal with. overall it was close to home so i was able to walk to work
Pros
close to home
Cons
rude customers
A day's work was very productive and fast paced.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
I enjoyed working in the kitchen and also in the lobby. Kitchen work was fast paced and accurate. I had fun working on the toaster and through the drive through.
Not too bad for a second job
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON26 April 2017
Great dynamic of people both working and customer. Time goes fast when you're busy. They're great to work with your busy schedule if you have another job.
A good place to start
Cashier/Drive thru order taker/Sandwich maker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 April 2017
If you can work in a fast pace environment and can adjust to rapidly changing work environment it is a good place to work and you get to work as a team
Pros
Gives good work skills for other opportunities in the future
Cons
Long hours and physically tiring
fast paced and great staff
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 April 2017
taking orders
interacting with customers
customer service skills
interpersonal skills
team player
working with difficult customers
very friendly and understanding staff
Pros
50% off food
Poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
I can not speak for all Wendy's branches. Although, I will share my work experience at the previous location I worked at. The management was poor - they failed to consider my requested days off and was willing to have workers come in even though they were sick. This could have been a big problem as it promoted the transmission of diseases from foods to people. Some of the employees were unfriendly which made coming to work dreadful. The upside to this was their strict service. They made sure every employee delivered customer's orders accurate and fast. I was also able to perform various tasks at one time. For example, I can take drive-through orders while making part of their orders at the same time and talk among the sandwich makers. I can collect bills while taking another order or promoting combos.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
unfriendly staff
Hard work with not a lot of recognition
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON22 April 2017
This was fine for a first time job, but the work wasn't meaningful and there was no opportunity to move up or forward. I enjoyed the company of my coworkers but fast food employees in general are abused by the general public and are certainly not paid enough for what they go through.
worked as a Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 April 2017
worked as a Cashier
Learned useful skills including customer service, cashiering, cleaning up after close, discipline, follow instructions, ambitious and outgoing. The hardest part of the job is when it's get every busy and the sandwich maker get let to prepare the food, people will get angry on who works as cashier . The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new people every day.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 April 2017
This job is not very demanding because like any fast food restaurants some times it's really busy and other times you have no customers. Working in front of the grill was the hardest part as you need to be really careful for your safety and safety of others.
first job
Crew Trainee (Former Employee) –  oakville20 April 2017
good first job worked there for almost 2 years, had good employees to work with learnt alot from the job. made me good in fast paced situations and nothing bad to say
Pros
good company
Cons
gets hot and busy
Typical fast food restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC20 April 2017
Your fast food restaurant experience is entirely based on the kinds of people that work at that particular restaurant. Everyone at ours was really nice, however the job is still the same. Its hard work and dealing with rude customers.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Long hours, insufficient breaks
Good people fun to work with
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 April 2017
Everyone seems to be really nice and friendly. Fun work environment. Not the hardest job. Its good for a first job. Management is good very flexible hours so you don't get stressed with personal life.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Rude customers
Wendy's
Cashier/ Drive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
Overall was a great job to create experience and had many moments to develop skills. It helped me use my critical thinking skills, in addition the managers and other crew members made the working environment very comfortable.
Typical Day at Wendy's
Part-time crew member (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON18 April 2017
People were always cheerful, and happy to see you when you walked in for your shift. I learned a lot about multitasking, and I improved my communications skills dramatically the four years working there. Management was okay, I often found myself in manager positions as they would be off doing something else (which wasn't needed to be done). The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
Melanie Rothon
drive threw (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON18 April 2017
hard worker, Reliable ,Dependable., Respectful always showing up to work in a good mood ready to work takes every situation as it comes an a very easy to work with ,
Fun place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 April 2017
The people you get to work with are great, but there is a lot of work to do when it comes to closing time. Sometimes it is hard to go to school while working here because half the time they dont give you the hours you are available to work.
Productive workplace for young adults.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2017
Working at the Wendy's Company can be tiring, yet rewarding. Possibly the best fast food there is, I enjoyed the large discounts I earned on staff meals. Management was supportive, and provided me with flexible hours, and greeting customers was extremely enjoyable. A very face-paced workplace meant the need to be quick on one's feet, and the ability to multitask was mandatory.
Pros
Free lunches or dinners, flexible hours, enjoyable environment.
Cons
Long hours, a lot of standing, impatient customers.
Good team work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON16 April 2017
There really isn't a way to describe a typical day at work because the environment is always changing, Its either really busy or really dead. You can never really predict whats going to happen. Personally I like the fast pace, I take orders quickly and try and get them out as quick as possible so I can do my close. I am a closer there. I really like the people I work with at night because its more relaxed environment, less stressful then during the day especially when your all caught up on your close and joking around with co workers and having fun goofing off for a short period of time makes the nights more enjoyable.
Pros
Half off on meals
Cons
On our feet for long periods of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9