The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Horrible management. Improper training for employees.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 December 2016
I got hired here and they didnt show me where anything was. They got a guy to train me and he was only there for 3 weeks. I later had to train someone and i was only there for a week. You get 50% off meals only when youre working. You only get 1 half hr break thats unpaid and You dont get two 15 min breaks if you work 8 hrs. I asked for full time work and i get less then 40 hrs a week and i make min wage. All the managers are philipino except the owners son.
Pros
50% off meals (only when youre working)
Cons
Horrible trainers, no 15 minute breaks, no free meals, only minimum wage for full time workers.
Pretty easy, but always told I wasn't good enough.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC23 October 2016
A typical day at work was usually the same, serving customers either with front cash or drive-through, and mainly closing at night. I learned speed, and multitasking. Management is a bit harsh and always seemed to pick on me for never meeting their standards, even though I was pushing my limits. Most of my co-workers were very introverted, but there were a few I got along with well. Hardest part of my job was dealing with all the bad things I was told about myself. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the amazing types of people that came in.
Pros
50% off lunches.
Cons
Late shifts, never fast or good enough.
Friendly workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 October 2016
A typical day at work at Wendy's for me was making sandwiches and wraps, working cashier and talking to people, and cleaning up at the end of the day some nights. I learned that I am more productive in a less social environment. The management at my location were great people. They were funny, friendly and enjoyable to talk to. My coworkers were also very friendly, polite and fun to be around, which made my days working there much more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was talking to the customers, especially if there was some sort of conflict.
they give the night staff free supper
casher (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON14 October 2016
everyday is different some of my co-workers are teen and they dont know how to act at a job site. l learn that all everyone is differnt you learn everyone likes there food different. the hardest part is trying to get things done when u have people who post to be working and they play around and the manger get after them but sometimes it doesn.t help. the most enjoyable is when u see the older couple comes in with the family and have a nice supper and hear them laughing
Pros
starten to get free supper
Cons
long hours with people who want to play around
Safe clean Place to work, Advancement Opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2016
Working at Wendys was a Good Job for a young and friendly person.

They showed you respect, and treated you fairly, The environment was clean and safe.

They encouraged you to better yourself and gave opportunity to advance into management roles.

Benefits would Include Years worked rewards, Dental/Health.
Pros
Safe, Clean and fair. Indoors work for summer and Winter
Cons
Low pay, Dealing with rude customers
Productive and Friendly Staff
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2016
Overall I think that I learned what it's like to have a hard job, expectations had to be met no matter what. Everyone on the job seemed friendly and was always there to give a helping hand. Management was always there to help. The hardest part of the job was always having to stay later than I expected. I do think that the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet people who I was able to connect with
Pros
Meeting new eople
Cons
Wendy's is a good place to work
crew member (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 October 2016
At first i thought i was going to fail to meet the Wendy's requirements, but as a day or two past by a get my head in the game and do my job. co-workers are very helpful supportive. Wendy's is a good work environment to be in because you can be yourself put the smile on that makes you feel like yourself. the hardest part of the job was when i have to close and customers keep coming and coming. My Most Enjoyable part of the job is being around positive individual.
Fast paced
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE11 October 2016
A typical day at work would be busy. I would be in charge of stocking product, preparing orders, probing product ,stocking condiments, cleaning/dishes and prep work. I learned how to make the orders. The management was always helpful as were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being rushed when I started and didn't know how to make the product. The most enjoyable was helping others out when I could , always kept me busy and the discount.
A decent first job.
Shift Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cole Harbour, NS13 November 2016
Honestly speaking, this is not a job that you will love for the first few months. The first few days are a brutal overload of information.

Until you go into work one day and you suddenly realize you're good at your job. There are good days and there are bad days, but you'll be surprised at the relationships you form with your coworkers and the life skills you learn from working in fast food.
Excellent Fast-Paced Work Environment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 September 2016
Working at Wendy's is a fast-paced job. It can be quite demanding, but overall, it's a rewarding experience. Especially if you can do your job effectively and efficiently. Although, the training and on the job experience lends more to customer service and the food industry, rather than construction and trades. For reference in case you feel like switching occupational titles anytime soon.
Pros
Fast-Paced, Rewarding Experience
Cons
Your manager can mean the difference between success and failure, So can your fellow employees, You must work as a team or fail as a team
Good way to start for a job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2016
I learned how to be comfortable around people, and not to be scared or shy to talk to people that i do not know. The management was okay the only problem was, they put me on a day to work that I did not choose which was a problem. My co-workers were great they helped me around the restaurant on what to do and what not to do, and they were really fun to talk to. Hardest part of the job was when i had to do morning shifts at 7 so I had to wake up around 5:30 which was pretty hard to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i do cashier because afer a while i loved talking to people and interacting with them, while they are waiting and no one is in line i try and just lighten them up.
Pros
50% discount only on the day you work
Cons
Made me work on a day i never chose and worked a little longer than i thought i would
Learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2016
Wendy's was a really good platform for my job experience. I got to learn how to manage the store and responsibilities and manage the time. I was able to cooperate with people and learn how to deal with them. The drawback of the job was the long hours but the fun part was that we used to spend time together and work as a group and finish the task on time.
Pros
Free food one time
Cons
Long and excessive work shift
Fantastic place to work
Cashier, drive-thru order taker and bagger (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 August 2016
A typical day at work for me was to go in and see smile faces on everyone, the customers most of the time were happy. I learned that no matter what the customer is always right at Wendys. The management and the co-workers were very friendly and great people to be around. There wasnt really a hard part about it, the Wendys team in Barrie helped each other out with everything, they're a great team. The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure the customers got what they needed, and made sure they were happy and would want to come back again.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Great place but bad management and no advancement opportunities
All positions (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON3 November 2016
This is a great first job but has absolutely no advancement opportunities, barely any raises and either too little hours or way too many. The restaurant just recently got fully staffed after a serious employee shortage but still isn't running great due to poor management.
Pros
Great Crew
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Fast pace to work with different people
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 September 2016
In Wendys i learned lot about customer care.how to handle aggressive customers but also i met very good people in my 10 year at Wendys .My management teach me lot,My seniors trusted on me and make me strong everyday.Every day i learn new things, met new people which is always exciting.
Pros
Gets shifts according to our life style
Cons
Hourly wage could be better
there is no fun
Cashier and Grill (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2016
i have been working in wendys long time and i worked hard with no recognition in either way for example in two years i got .25 cents an hour raise and no promotion - the people who joined after me they promoted but not me.

when i asked for the transfer i have been harrased gy the GM of the store i felt quitting but i can't i need to support the family. the main thing is so called general manager is ruining the reputation of the store and the brand wendys. there no one in head office to take care of this.
i don't work in a company where i don't get satifaction.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours to work with
Great first job, but no advancement in the future.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON23 November 2016
I enjoyed this job as it was my very first job. I learned a lot about time management and scheduling myself for shifts with school and homework. I worked many different positions at this job such as cash, early morning prep, and food preparation. Great atmosphere, everyone works together and managers are kind and understanding.
productive fun place to work but always on your feet and on the move.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS25 November 2016
was a great place to work, the best job i ever had the people that worked there were great and the general manager there was the best i ever had hes my top reference we really got along well, mostly because i was an excellent employee.
Pros
great workers, great management.
Cons
busy, always on the go, no time for breaks.
friendly and nice going job
all around person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2016
dealing with customers and cash as well as taking orders. When a mistake is made in the order apologize to the customer and make sure the mistake is fixed and ensure the customers satisfaction so that they will come back. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on the customers face.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cleaning at the end of every shift
Bad Organization
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON23 October 2016
First couple of days were going kind of smooth. Had a trainer to help and show me around the place. After knowing the ins and outs out of this restaurant, manager left me to do things alone when its not possible. Had too many responsibilities that I couldn't keep up with time. Not worth working at Wendys if that's how they treat you.

2.8