The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

there is no fun
Cashier and Grill (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2016
i have been working in wendys long time and i worked hard with no recognition in either way for example in two years i got .25 cents an hour raise and no promotion - the people who joined after me they promoted but not me.

when i asked for the transfer i have been harrased gy the GM of the store i felt quitting but i can't i need to support the family. the main thing is so called general manager is ruining the reputation of the store and the brand wendys. there no one in head office to take care of this.
i don't work in a company where i don't get satifaction.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours to work with
Fantastic place to work
Cashier, drive-thru order taker and bagger (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 30, 2016
A typical day at work for me was to go in and see smile faces on everyone, the customers most of the time were happy. I learned that no matter what the customer is always right at Wendys. The management and the co-workers were very friendly and great people to be around. There wasnt really a hard part about it, the Wendys team in Barrie helped each other out with everything, they're a great team. The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure the customers got what they needed, and made sure they were happy and would want to come back again.
Pros
Great staff
Excellent Fast-Paced Work Environment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 21, 2016
Working at Wendy's is a fast-paced job. It can be quite demanding, but overall, it's a rewarding experience. Especially if you can do your job effectively and efficiently. Although, the training and on the job experience lends more to customer service and the food industry, rather than construction and trades. For reference in case you feel like switching occupational titles anytime soon.
Pros
Fast-Paced, Rewarding Experience
Cons
Your manager can mean the difference between success and failure, So can your fellow employees, You must work as a team or fail as a team
Fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 29, 2016
Wendy's, delicious food and great management. Working at Wendy's was the best six months of my life. I was able to come into work, get caught up on what needs to be done and work with awesome people. One of my favorite things at Wendy's was I was able to meet different people who shared the same interest as myself. We were able to connect, which made work go by so quick. Management was able to give me my requested shifts and book the days off when needed; this was great as a was going to school at the same time. I highly suggest those who need a part-time or full-time job (as they have permanent benefits, for those who need it.)
Pros
Half off meals
Cons
Lots of cleaning
People made the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 15, 2016
As you could expect from a fast food company the work wasn't glorious, the pay wasn't great and sometimes the hours were long. But as the title says the real satisfaction was the people I met and the friendships I made. Not just co-workers and management, but regular customers who would come in and I would know them by name and order and we would have discussions about the on-goings of our lives. This was made even more apparent when I finally decided to quit and hearing how sad everyone (management, co-workers and customers) was when they heard about it. All in all was glad that I worked there
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
non-regular hours
Learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2016
Wendy's was a really good platform for my job experience. I got to learn how to manage the store and responsibilities and manage the time. I was able to cooperate with people and learn how to deal with them. The drawback of the job was the long hours but the fun part was that we used to spend time together and work as a group and finish the task on time.
Pros
Free food one time
Cons
Long and excessive work shift
Not a bad first job
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2016
Not a bad first job, really teaches responsibility of the workplace. If one person does not do their job properly it ends up slowing everyone else down as well. Management was very cooperative with scheduling especially for inconsistent college classes. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the rush pace, the most enjoyable part is definitely the people you work with, that really makes the environment what it is.
Pros
good starter job
Cons
fast-paced
Bad Shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 2, 2016
The work was ok, shifts ran from 4 to 8 on weekdays and 6 hour to 8 hour shifts on the weekends. I learned how to deal with bad customers and micro organization. Management was horrible, and would change shifts multiple times daily, to the point a schedule was unnecessary because it would change so often you had unpredictable schedule.Co-workers were incredibly nice and were helpful especially for my first job. The hardest part of the job was predicting if i had a shift or not from the constant shifting. I really enjoyed getting to help people out and glad the smile i had on my face made them happy.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
constant shift chnages
Not very professional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONJuly 12, 2016
It would have been a great experience but the timing wasn't right. Unfortunately, shortly after I got the job, we found out my dad was dying of cancer and he was only going to live for 3 more weeks. When my dad passed away, I couldn't function at all as it was also the first death I ever had to deal with and watching my father wither away to nothing really got to me.

When I told my manager, she told me I can take time off. However, other managers and co-workers were gossiping regarding the time I took off due to my dads death.

Other than that, it was a great experience. I was a very independent worker and extremely friendly to the customers and my co-workers.

I learnt even if people are going to be bitter and negative, just kill them with kindness.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
gossiping
Lacked a comfortable and fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ONJune 24, 2016
In the morning I would clean the dining room and parking lot. Taking out the garbage was difficult because they did not have supporting equipment. Management was not the best in terms of respectful communication. The hardest part of the job was being a minority and trying to carry tonnes of garbage with my hands. I did not enjoy it other than getting to talk to customers.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Overall environment and support
awesome
Front cash, sandwich maker, inventory clerk, Drive (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NBJune 22, 2016
This was my first job. Began at age 14 and I was devasted when it closed. Some of the management was very hard to work with. The hardest part of teh job was managers yelling at us for thinsg out of our control. Such as making fries when it gets busy then it slows down and we have too many fries made.

The friends I made and the bonds weve created that will last a lifetime. The Knowledge I aquired and the opportunities given to me, to excel I will cherish always
Pros
My first job
Cons
they closed
Wendy's
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 20, 2016
a typical day at work would consist of a lot of pressure. a lot and a lot of pressure. working in a fast food restaurant can be very tiring. working long shifts and standing on your feet for hours, this job has taught me how to multitask at its finest. many would wonder how, this is because at wendys just like any fast food restaurant has you working on many things at onces. For me, i usually work as the cook dropping fresh meat, chicken, fries and all kinds of stuff, there is a lot to worry about when working as the cook, making sure its cooked properly, making sure there enough meat for the sandwich maker to have and a lot more.
Management style is a mess
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2016
I used to work there for how many years but the store manager there is not respectful to her employees. She don't know the meaning of respect. She keep on embarrasing her managers in front of the crew which is not right. She wants the manager to work everything such as mopping floors at night, do extra cleaning while the crew will just do standing. This is not a healthy environment here because there is a "BLAME GAME" here that can contribute to turn down your confidence and self-esteem.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bias management team
fast paced work environment
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCAugust 23, 2016
fast paced working days
flexible work hours
great co workers

i learned how to be more eloquent when it comes to customer service, being understanding with every customer.
management is good not too aggressive

hardest part of the job is lots of customers on busy days
Pros
half off on food purchases for employees
Cons
hectic work load
Do not work at wendys in ck, on!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 17, 2016
The job it's self was typical of fast food work.. really fast paced, easy work, VERY LOW HOURS (managers have favourites) no breaks etc. However the management and employees are worse than any high school clique I've ever heard of! Crew members making others lives miserable, bullying to the point of one girl having a panic attack and needing an ambulance! It is an UNREAL work environment and not in a good way! They took away employee discounts because the GM was stealing money and they decided it was due to employees discounts. Management still gets a free meal though.. No perks for regular crew!! If you have a chance to find a job else where I'd do so! I spent 6 years working there and it was the worst six years of my life.
Pros
I was paid.
Cons
Pretty much everything else is awful.
We see to it that safety of each employee is our priority.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJuly 28, 2016
Each member of the team must deliver the best quality food and good service base on the standard of the Company. Being in a restaurant business was challenging but it is fulfilling when you see your customers are satisfied and goes back to your restaurant. In return, they give you business.
Pros
free meal
Cons
shifting time
Great co workers and good food
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ONJune 7, 2016
Pretty good place to work, very fast pace. Teaches you how to deal with rude and obnoxious customers. The management for the most part was great and very understanding when learning new tasks. The co workers were amazing a fun group of people. The hardest part was keeping a fast pace to maintain drive thru times. The best part of the Job was by far the people I got the pleasure to work with.
Pros
Half of at Lunch
Cons
Certain General Mangers were very unpleasant
Fast-paced with flexible hours, pay is okay for what it is but good benefits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONJune 4, 2016
Great boss, mostly friendly & competent coworkers, decent pay and good benefits for supervisors/managers. Also flexible hours which is really nice.

Can get really hot in there though and stressful at times (typical of customer service especially food service). Some of the hours are pretty long in the summer (open later) and the constant hand washing can hurt some people's skin. There is some room for advancement especially if you apply yourself you'll be noticed and rewarded. Your general manager makes all the difference! Also the benefits at this location for the supervisors/managers are great.
Pros
discounted/free meals, flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
hot, stressful, customers, sometimes long hours
Great people to work with
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 19, 2016
I would open the restaurant by counting the tills for that day and setting them up in the tills. I would do a cleanliness checklist from the closing shift the night before just to make sure everything is clean before we open. I would turn on all the equipment to prepare for the cooking. I would set up the break plan and the floor plan so that the employees knew which position they were working in that day. I would check to make sure that outside was clean of garbage and debris. I would also assign cleaning tasks to the crew. If it was a certain day of the week then I would place the food order or have a health and safety meeting or being doing the crew schedules. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the customers get their food in an accurate and timely manner. My manager was great when I worked there.
Pros
The people that I worked with
Cons
The late nights on the weekends
its busy yet fun
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
Its a very busy store yet there a lot of opportunity to learn.
A very professional yet friendly environment with very positive people around.
No matter how stressed or busy work gets yet there's always opportunity to smile and have your moment.
Its only when its busy that when you loose your consistency I get into a difficult situation but with the help of my co-workers and working as a team, I have good team bonding here , I cope with it.
Pros
discount on lunches - 50%
Cons
store closings can get dealyed

2.8