The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

Bad Shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 2, 2016
The work was ok, shifts ran from 4 to 8 on weekdays and 6 hour to 8 hour shifts on the weekends. I learned how to deal with bad customers and micro organization. Management was horrible, and would change shifts multiple times daily, to the point a schedule was unnecessary because it would change so often you had unpredictable schedule.Co-workers were incredibly nice and were helpful especially for my first job. The hardest part of the job was predicting if i had a shift or not from the constant shifting. I really enjoyed getting to help people out and glad the smile i had on my face made them happy.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
constant shift chnages
Not a bad first job
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2016
Not a bad first job, really teaches responsibility of the workplace. If one person does not do their job properly it ends up slowing everyone else down as well. Management was very cooperative with scheduling especially for inconsistent college classes. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the rush pace, the most enjoyable part is definitely the people you work with, that really makes the environment what it is.
Pros
good starter job
Cons
fast-paced
People made the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 15, 2016
As you could expect from a fast food company the work wasn't glorious, the pay wasn't great and sometimes the hours were long. But as the title says the real satisfaction was the people I met and the friendships I made. Not just co-workers and management, but regular customers who would come in and I would know them by name and order and we would have discussions about the on-goings of our lives. This was made even more apparent when I finally decided to quit and hearing how sad everyone (management, co-workers and customers) was when they heard about it. All in all was glad that I worked there
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
non-regular hours
Lacked a comfortable and fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ONJune 24, 2016
In the morning I would clean the dining room and parking lot. Taking out the garbage was difficult because they did not have supporting equipment. Management was not the best in terms of respectful communication. The hardest part of the job was being a minority and trying to carry tonnes of garbage with my hands. I did not enjoy it other than getting to talk to customers.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Overall environment and support
awesome
Front cash, sandwich maker, inventory clerk, Drive (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NBJune 22, 2016
This was my first job. Began at age 14 and I was devasted when it closed. Some of the management was very hard to work with. The hardest part of teh job was managers yelling at us for thinsg out of our control. Such as making fries when it gets busy then it slows down and we have too many fries made.

The friends I made and the bonds weve created that will last a lifetime. The Knowledge I aquired and the opportunities given to me, to excel I will cherish always
Pros
My first job
Cons
they closed
Wendy's
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 20, 2016
a typical day at work would consist of a lot of pressure. a lot and a lot of pressure. working in a fast food restaurant can be very tiring. working long shifts and standing on your feet for hours, this job has taught me how to multitask at its finest. many would wonder how, this is because at wendys just like any fast food restaurant has you working on many things at onces. For me, i usually work as the cook dropping fresh meat, chicken, fries and all kinds of stuff, there is a lot to worry about when working as the cook, making sure its cooked properly, making sure there enough meat for the sandwich maker to have and a lot more.
Management style is a mess
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2016
I used to work there for how many years but the store manager there is not respectful to her employees. She don't know the meaning of respect. She keep on embarrasing her managers in front of the crew which is not right. She wants the manager to work everything such as mopping floors at night, do extra cleaning while the crew will just do standing. This is not a healthy environment here because there is a "BLAME GAME" here that can contribute to turn down your confidence and self-esteem.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bias management team
Great co workers and good food
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ONJune 7, 2016
Pretty good place to work, very fast pace. Teaches you how to deal with rude and obnoxious customers. The management for the most part was great and very understanding when learning new tasks. The co workers were amazing a fun group of people. The hardest part was keeping a fast pace to maintain drive thru times. The best part of the Job was by far the people I got the pleasure to work with.
Pros
Half of at Lunch
Cons
Certain General Mangers were very unpleasant
Not very professional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONJuly 12, 2016
It would have been a great experience but the timing wasn't right. Unfortunately, shortly after I got the job, we found out my dad was dying of cancer and he was only going to live for 3 more weeks. When my dad passed away, I couldn't function at all as it was also the first death I ever had to deal with and watching my father wither away to nothing really got to me.

When I told my manager, she told me I can take time off. However, other managers and co-workers were gossiping regarding the time I took off due to my dads death.

Other than that, it was a great experience. I was a very independent worker and extremely friendly to the customers and my co-workers.

I learnt even if people are going to be bitter and negative, just kill them with kindness.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
gossiping
Do not work at wendys in ck, on!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 17, 2016
The job it's self was typical of fast food work.. really fast paced, easy work, VERY LOW HOURS (managers have favourites) no breaks etc. However the management and employees are worse than any high school clique I've ever heard of! Crew members making others lives miserable, bullying to the point of one girl having a panic attack and needing an ambulance! It is an UNREAL work environment and not in a good way! They took away employee discounts because the GM was stealing money and they decided it was due to employees discounts. Management still gets a free meal though.. No perks for regular crew!! If you have a chance to find a job else where I'd do so! I spent 6 years working there and it was the worst six years of my life.
Pros
I was paid.
Cons
Pretty much everything else is awful.
its busy yet fun
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
Its a very busy store yet there a lot of opportunity to learn.
A very professional yet friendly environment with very positive people around.
No matter how stressed or busy work gets yet there's always opportunity to smile and have your moment.
Its only when its busy that when you loose your consistency I get into a difficult situation but with the help of my co-workers and working as a team, I have good team bonding here , I cope with it.
Pros
discount on lunches - 50%
Cons
store closings can get dealyed
Fast-paced with flexible hours, pay is okay for what it is but good benefits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONJune 4, 2016
Great boss, mostly friendly & competent coworkers, decent pay and good benefits for supervisors/managers. Also flexible hours which is really nice.

Can get really hot in there though and stressful at times (typical of customer service especially food service). Some of the hours are pretty long in the summer (open later) and the constant hand washing can hurt some people's skin. There is some room for advancement especially if you apply yourself you'll be noticed and rewarded. Your general manager makes all the difference! Also the benefits at this location for the supervisors/managers are great.
Pros
discounted/free meals, flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
hot, stressful, customers, sometimes long hours
Fast-paced Atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 14, 2016
I have had nine hour shifts last twelve hours because of training heavily based on video instruction and very little time to train. I learned to handle multiple positions at a time because I was expected to. I learned that a job is not always worth the stress it creates, and a decent paycheck is worthless if you don't have time to spend it. My coworkers were the best part of this job. Customers and management were the most challenging part of the job.
Pros
50% off food while working as employee, 100% off as a manager while working
Cons
Stressful environment, almost no potential for advancement, few rewards upon advancement
very fast paced work place but sweet.
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 4, 2016
drive thru sandwhiches was always where i was placed (aces in their places) became very fast at the tasks i had to accomplish in very short amounts of time. how to bump and slide is what i learned and what i mean by that is as an example (you got time to lean you have time to clean) co-workers were very nice people never had problems with anyone not pulling their own weight. hardest part of the job would be the short amount of time you have to complete an order and get it out that window. most enjoyable part was also the speed at which things needed to be done. always kept you on your toes.
Pros
free lunches and got to work with some friends
Cons
short shifts everyday rather than long shifts (which i prefer)
Work Hours
Side Cash, Front Cash, and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 1, 2016
The Wendy's for which I work eagerly provides their workers with many hours. They allow you to pick which shifts you would prefer to not do. I've recognized my skills in fast food through this company. However, the manager and district manager are extremely strict and don't allow you to miss work regardless of the reason. They threaten to take away hours if you don't comply to all their standards, many of which are extremely unnecessary (such as wearing only black socks or dress pants).
Pros
Learn skills, discounts
Cons
Everything else
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 26, 2016
When I worked with Wendy's, it was great. For the most part the employees were great, and management was amazing.

Now that I don't work with Wendy's, I see that some of the stores are going downhill, especially with the professionalism of their employees.

The hardest part of the job would have to have been the fact that I was the youngest person working there.. I wasnt able to do anything without someone else assisting me.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have been meeting new people, learning new things, and learning how to both manage my time properly as well as multitask to get things done properly and quickly
Pros
Great people to work for and with
Cons
Too young to do anything
Friendly, team-oriented workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 27, 2016
Wendy's was a wonderful place to gain work experience, and develop skills that are critical in a workplace.

Staff is friendly and strives to work as a team in order to maintain effective service and to solve problems.

Not much to say; Wendy's was a very well-rounded place to work, and a fantastic place to be a part of.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Rarely, but difficult to negotiate working days
Wendys corp is better than privately run stores
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 23, 2016
When I worked for corp everything was better, pay, hours, coworkers. The customers were rude and nasty but that comes with the business. Privately owned wendys dont care about anyone but to put money in their pocket. The hours suck, the money the gyp your pay, they dont pay you for over time they treat the crew like garbage and expect you to bend over backwards for them, No loyality
Pros
The business is great, friendly, fast, food tastes great
Cons
there is alot of drama
Only good if your looking for your first job
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONApril 18, 2016
The pay is minimum wage at best, there's little benefits, you do get a discount on their fast food, the hours are all over the place sometimes and can be stressful at times on busy days. but all in all it is a wonderful environment for those that are looking for their first job, great co workers awesome managers and great christmas events, perfect for those that are just looking for part time work.
Pros
discount on meals, good social environment, and christmas events
Cons
hours are not consistent, stressful when busy, minimum benefits
Fun place to work teaches patience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bovaird and MclaughlinApril 25, 2016
Working at wendy's has definitely taught me great customer service, especially working at time when there are huge lines and long rushes; being the cashier there were many times where I was yelled at customers and I learnt that no matter what to just keep smiling
Pros
Getting to work with really nice people as well as serving nice customers
Cons
serving customers who would yell at you for no reason

2.8