The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

very good
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
Day at work great
Learned from different kind of people
They are great in my work place
They are great and friendly
Hardest job in general is no more reward recognition, certificate of appreciation, crew of the year. Hope they considered it, so the crew will motivated in their work in general.
Enjoyable in meeting new friends and people from co-worker to customers
In my opinion and review all aspect is very good
Pros
MANAGERS ON MY WORK HAVE A HEART FOR THEIR CREW
Cons
NO MORE NIGHT DIFFERENTIAL FOR LATE NIGHT DUTIES, NO FREE LUNCHES OR DINNER
Fun and fast paced environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 January 2017
Wendy's is a great place to work, always able to make new friends with employees as well as build up your resume with work experience. Wendy's offers many opportunities for growth within yourself and the company. You learn more about yourself and what you are able to do. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the pace during rush hours, but overall it is a fun and exciting place to work and meet lifelong friends.
Pros
Half off meals when you are working
Cons
Closing the store, however the hours are good
An amazing opportunity
Cashier, Side Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Cashier, food prep, sandwich maker, grill worker. I learned to work under pressure in a fast pace environment. Managers were very friendly and flexible. My co-workers were like family to me. I had some of the fondest memories working at Wendy's. The hardest part of the job was leaving it to pursue a career in retail/clothing. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making customers happy.
Pros
working with wonderful people
Cons
imbalance with school and work
A place to be part of a secondary family
cashier, sandwich and fries area and drive-thru (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
Wendy's is a great place to offer job experience and knowing the basic work etiquettes and rules. Flexible hours, as well friendly coworkers and supervisors are reasons to join. You can make really great, close friends. As of the learning aspects, this place offers great experience handling situations between customers and employees as well as etiquettes of being welcoming to others. Overall, a great place to have as a starter job, and to stay
Very Strict Environment
sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON26 December 2016
Environment was close quarters
Managers were extremely strict with speed of work
"quantity over quality"
co-workers were fairly nice
Some managers tended to hover over shoulders
Need to memorize many, many menu items and what goes into them, even if it just started being sold
Lull times in between rushes are filled by cleaning, even when there is nothing to clean
Pros
close to my house
Cons
Managers very strict, FAST work, little relax time
the most enjoyable part of the job
Wendys Restaurant manager (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB19 January 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people
with the different attitudes ,working relationship for both gender ,sometimes you need to enlighten your personal perception to all co worker so you can work them easily ,and do motivation at all times ,keeping your goal and sales to grow by endearing relationship and service to all customer so they will keep coming back for the business,

delegation of work is making you the best team leader that could lead to strong environment for the incoming future of everyone how you stand by your decision in making them responsible for the task they are making.
Pros
making linch on time
Cons
extending hours as needed to operate in service
Awesome place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George26 December 2016
Great tasting food made by great people. The workplace runs so smoothly, everyone works as a team, good place to work and not have one job the entire time. Get trained to do other jobs. Food discounts, everyone has fun. Communication was top notch. Training was very efficient. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, because this establishment makes such good food times get really busy.
Pros
Oustanding communication, team huddles
Cons
None.
Horrible management. Improper training for employees.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 December 2016
I got hired here and they didnt show me where anything was. They got a guy to train me and he was only there for 3 weeks. I later had to train someone and i was only there for a week. You get 50% off meals only when youre working. You only get 1 half hr break thats unpaid and You dont get two 15 min breaks if you work 8 hrs. I asked for full time work and i get less then 40 hrs a week and i make min wage. All the managers are philipino except the owners son.
Pros
50% off meals (only when youre working)
Cons
Horrible trainers, no 15 minute breaks, no free meals, only minimum wage for full time workers.
Safe clean Place to work, Advancement Opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2016
Working at Wendys was a Good Job for a young and friendly person.

They showed you respect, and treated you fairly, The environment was clean and safe.

They encouraged you to better yourself and gave opportunity to advance into management roles.

Benefits would Include Years worked rewards, Dental/Health.
Pros
Safe, Clean and fair. Indoors work for summer and Winter
Cons
Low pay, Dealing with rude customers
Fast paced which is awesome but some are really dirty
Cashier/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC17 January 2017
Wendy's overall is a pretty fun place to work as long as you have the right manager and team. Most Wendy's are very clean and sanitary but some of them are just a graveyard of old food. Customers are pretty cool and the registers are easy as pie to use, it even shows you pictures.
Pros
50% off of Wendy's n whatever it's connected too
Cons
Only durring work and the hours are not enough
Wendy's Restaurant
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2017
Early morning set up.
Chop lettuce and cut tomato for 2 hours, each morning.
Greet customers and take orders tray/bag meals.
Some employee's would train me on stations, I had yet to learn. The most difficult part of the job at Wendy's restaurant was, the customers. The Most enjoyable part about Wendy's was prepping and making the food.
Pros
50% off every meal (once a day/ if working)
Cons
not enough work hours.
Hard place to work but wonderful team
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 December 2016
Working at Wendy's was certainly an experience. The team were always friendly, kind and positive people. I learned a lot about time management, the benefits of a positive attitude and keeping a smile on my face even on the hardest and most trying of days. I worked at wendy's for about two years and I found the hardest part of the job was trying to provide both a quick yet friendly and reliable atmosphere for our guests. Management could be very pushy and not very encouraging which made working in that environment very trying and difficult. I love providing excellent customer service, showcasing my skills and providing top class results in my work but I don't think it was the ideal environment for me.
Pros
teamwork, flexible, friendly
Cons
stressful, rushed, no benefits or encouragement
A decent first job.
Shift Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cole Harbour, NS13 November 2016
Honestly speaking, this is not a job that you will love for the first few months. The first few days are a brutal overload of information.

Until you go into work one day and you suddenly realize you're good at your job. There are good days and there are bad days, but you'll be surprised at the relationships you form with your coworkers and the life skills you learn from working in fast food.
Pretty easy, but always told I wasn't good enough.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC23 October 2016
A typical day at work was usually the same, serving customers either with front cash or drive-through, and mainly closing at night. I learned speed, and multitasking. Management is a bit harsh and always seemed to pick on me for never meeting their standards, even though I was pushing my limits. Most of my co-workers were very introverted, but there were a few I got along with well. Hardest part of my job was dealing with all the bad things I was told about myself. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the amazing types of people that came in.
Pros
50% off lunches.
Cons
Late shifts, never fast or good enough.
Friendly workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 October 2016
A typical day at work at Wendy's for me was making sandwiches and wraps, working cashier and talking to people, and cleaning up at the end of the day some nights. I learned that I am more productive in a less social environment. The management at my location were great people. They were funny, friendly and enjoyable to talk to. My coworkers were also very friendly, polite and fun to be around, which made my days working there much more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was talking to the customers, especially if there was some sort of conflict.
Productive and Friendly Staff
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2016
Overall I think that I learned what it's like to have a hard job, expectations had to be met no matter what. Everyone on the job seemed friendly and was always there to give a helping hand. Management was always there to help. The hardest part of the job was always having to stay later than I expected. I do think that the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet people who I was able to connect with
Pros
Meeting new eople
Cons
they give the night staff free supper
casher (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON14 October 2016
everyday is different some of my co-workers are teen and they dont know how to act at a job site. l learn that all everyone is differnt you learn everyone likes there food different. the hardest part is trying to get things done when u have people who post to be working and they play around and the manger get after them but sometimes it doesn.t help. the most enjoyable is when u see the older couple comes in with the family and have a nice supper and hear them laughing
Pros
starten to get free supper
Cons
long hours with people who want to play around
Fast paced
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE11 October 2016
A typical day at work would be busy. I would be in charge of stocking product, preparing orders, probing product ,stocking condiments, cleaning/dishes and prep work. I learned how to make the orders. The management was always helpful as were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being rushed when I started and didn't know how to make the product. The most enjoyable was helping others out when I could , always kept me busy and the discount.
Nice workplace to work in a joyful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 January 2017
Well its been a year at wendys restaurant and i really love wendys. However, staff members are very friendly and mangers as well. Hence, the most difficult work in wendys restaurant is handling customers like drunk they are so disrespectful but still i always have smile on my face and serve them properly.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Busy restaurant
Wendy's is a good place to work
crew member (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 October 2016
At first i thought i was going to fail to meet the Wendy's requirements, but as a day or two past by a get my head in the game and do my job. co-workers are very helpful supportive. Wendy's is a good work environment to be in because you can be yourself put the smile on that makes you feel like yourself. the hardest part of the job was when i have to close and customers keep coming and coming. My Most Enjoyable part of the job is being around positive individual.

2.8