The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

very fast paced work place but sweet.
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 4, 2016
drive thru sandwhiches was always where i was placed (aces in their places) became very fast at the tasks i had to accomplish in very short amounts of time. how to bump and slide is what i learned and what i mean by that is as an example (you got time to lean you have time to clean) co-workers were very nice people never had problems with anyone not pulling their own weight. hardest part of the job would be the short amount of time you have to complete an order and get it out that window. most enjoyable part was also the speed at which things needed to be done. always kept you on your toes.
Pros
free lunches and got to work with some friends
Cons
short shifts everyday rather than long shifts (which i prefer)
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 26, 2016
When I worked with Wendy's, it was great. For the most part the employees were great, and management was amazing.

Now that I don't work with Wendy's, I see that some of the stores are going downhill, especially with the professionalism of their employees.

The hardest part of the job would have to have been the fact that I was the youngest person working there.. I wasnt able to do anything without someone else assisting me.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have been meeting new people, learning new things, and learning how to both manage my time properly as well as multitask to get things done properly and quickly
Pros
Great people to work for and with
Cons
Too young to do anything
its busy yet fun
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
Its a very busy store yet there a lot of opportunity to learn.
A very professional yet friendly environment with very positive people around.
No matter how stressed or busy work gets yet there's always opportunity to smile and have your moment.
Its only when its busy that when you loose your consistency I get into a difficult situation but with the help of my co-workers and working as a team, I have good team bonding here , I cope with it.
Pros
discount on lunches - 50%
Cons
store closings can get dealyed
Work Hours
Side Cash, Front Cash, and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 1, 2016
The Wendy's for which I work eagerly provides their workers with many hours. They allow you to pick which shifts you would prefer to not do. I've recognized my skills in fast food through this company. However, the manager and district manager are extremely strict and don't allow you to miss work regardless of the reason. They threaten to take away hours if you don't comply to all their standards, many of which are extremely unnecessary (such as wearing only black socks or dress pants).
Pros
Learn skills, discounts
Cons
Everything else
Fast-paced Atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 14, 2016
I have had nine hour shifts last twelve hours because of training heavily based on video instruction and very little time to train. I learned to handle multiple positions at a time because I was expected to. I learned that a job is not always worth the stress it creates, and a decent paycheck is worthless if you don't have time to spend it. My coworkers were the best part of this job. Customers and management were the most challenging part of the job.
Pros
50% off food while working as employee, 100% off as a manager while working
Cons
Stressful environment, almost no potential for advancement, few rewards upon advancement
Wendys corp is better than privately run stores
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 23, 2016
When I worked for corp everything was better, pay, hours, coworkers. The customers were rude and nasty but that comes with the business. Privately owned wendys dont care about anyone but to put money in their pocket. The hours suck, the money the gyp your pay, they dont pay you for over time they treat the crew like garbage and expect you to bend over backwards for them, No loyality
Pros
The business is great, friendly, fast, food tastes great
Cons
there is alot of drama
Only good if your looking for your first job
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONApril 18, 2016
The pay is minimum wage at best, there's little benefits, you do get a discount on their fast food, the hours are all over the place sometimes and can be stressful at times on busy days. but all in all it is a wonderful environment for those that are looking for their first job, great co workers awesome managers and great christmas events, perfect for those that are just looking for part time work.
Pros
discount on meals, good social environment, and christmas events
Cons
hours are not consistent, stressful when busy, minimum benefits
Good place to work, friendly people, great bosses
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONApril 13, 2016
It was a very busy place to work. The regular customers there are great people and just make your day . I managed there and the rest of the management team were good people and we felt like a great team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the upset customers, but I would always make sure they were leaving happy. The best part of the job was the management team and crew. Everybody for the most part got along great and we all fit like puzzle pieces. I have taken great work ethics and lessons way from that place, like customer satisfaction, and positions of authority.
Pros
free food, good people
Cons
upset cutomers, and free food lol
Wendy's overall in my experience is an exeptional workplace to start out and grow as an individual as well as a team member.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 18, 2016
A typical day for myself at Wendy's would start in the evening, most crew members and other management disperse when i arrive. I take the initiative to prepare the crew, as well as prep all areas to be rush ready before i begin nightly cleaning. There seems to be a lot to do, in a small time frame, given very few crew members. I have learned to take charge, speak up, solve problems as accurately and efficiently as possible to get tasks completed. As for the environment, crew members as well as management tend to become close; like a family, which makes the work environment atmosphere very fun at the appropriate times.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
very few approved days off
productive but bad management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 30, 2016
Management here sucked. I never wanted to go to work due to the ignorance there! I put up with it long enough. They had me working 6 days out of 7, without having me at at least 40 hours. On civic holidays they would have me come in for 3 hour shifts. One time they threw my work shoes out that I left in the crew room, where everyone else's shoes were stored.
Pros
half off food
Cons
they would give me 6 shifts a week and i would only get 37 hours.
Fun place to work teaches patience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bovaird and MclaughlinApril 25, 2016
Working at wendy's has definitely taught me great customer service, especially working at time when there are huge lines and long rushes; being the cashier there were many times where I was yelled at customers and I learnt that no matter what to just keep smiling
Pros
Getting to work with really nice people as well as serving nice customers
Cons
serving customers who would yell at you for no reason
The staff is the best part of the job. It looks like any easy job but it's really not that easier. my co-workers make it easier.
Wendy's Cashier (Current Employee) –  2013 Lawrence Avenue WestMarch 15, 2016
Depending on if its hectic, you day can go either way. You get to meeting interesting people, some customers are humorous and some are rude but you must keep smiling through it all because it help. I've been yelled and complemented in the span of 20 minutes. Everything can go really well or completely wrong but at the end of the day, you're still getting paid.
Pros
50% off meals, the staff is hilarious and fun which makes the shift easier.
Cons
managing life and work can get a little complicated with the hours.
i gained experience, exposure to the real society, personal, professional and financial development. I feel, discrimination & bullying, as well.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 14, 2016
Work in a shift is almost physical, a bit of mental. I learned & accept that co-workers, supervisors also, sometimes do not consider an individual as human. The pressure that a supervisor imposes an employee to be done with all the works, without considering the load, on busy days, on time is so stressful. It is a very good feeling if a supervisor show appreciation on the efficient performance of duty and give a person the chance to learn a different task, aside from what he/she is doing every shift.
Boring as heck
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 12, 2016
All I do is stand in front of the grill, I only learned how to use the grill and clean things, since I haven't done any other position. I think management is fair, but they can really be nepotistic. I have some good co-workers, but most of them are not very bright, and they are too lazy to do certain tasks at Wendy's. I can't think of any enjoyable part of the job, since most of the time I'm just standing around flipping burgers. The hardest part of the job is keeping up through rush hour.
Pros
Breaks with lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
It's a whole bunch of fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2016
Although everyone gets paid the same wage and there is not a lot of room to advance forward in Wendy's you can have a great time. The management is really good, the people are very nice and the hours are very flexible. It's a good job to have throughout high school, you are able to learn about things you wouldn't be able to know on your own and you get to work with people. Shifts are a decent length and cleaning is not that much of a hassle, I loved working at my Wendy's.
Friendly, team-oriented workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 27, 2016
Wendy's was a wonderful place to gain work experience, and develop skills that are critical in a workplace.

Staff is friendly and strives to work as a team in order to maintain effective service and to solve problems.

Not much to say; Wendy's was a very well-rounded place to work, and a fantastic place to be a part of.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Rarely, but difficult to negotiate working days
Wendys
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 20, 2016
-A typical day at Wendy would be, 7am show up and get the restaurant set up before we open, Work hard and leave at 4pm.

-I learned working at a fast food place is that you have to deal with customers getting angry or mad, But always have a smile on your face.

-The most enjoyable part of this job was that i could talk and interact with the customers in stand of just keeping quite.
Pros
50% off
Cons
not treated well
Fast-paced work environment
Grill Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2016
Work is fast-paced and rewarding.

I learned how to multitask efficiently, and how to carefully prepare food to ensure quality.

Management is patient, knowledgable, and approachable.

The staff is hard-working and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was multitasking.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of preparing delicious meals.
very fast pace with lots of laughs
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2016
employee weekly scheduling and shipment ordering for the coming days
how to effectively work with a diverse group of people while bringing there talents to fruition
everyone has a different way of doing things
work together for effective workforce
dealing with the public
seeing your job run smoothly and effectively
Pros
free meals
Cons
shift work
Fast Pace Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 21, 2016
Everyday at the restaurant would be quick and fast. The customers would walk in on a regular basis, handling the dining room and drive thru would get challenging but achievable with a hard working team. The management was on point with delivering quality service and reducing production cost. The co-workers were helpful and believed in team work.