The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

It is a nice place for very hardworking people for a low rate
Service Crew (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 January 2017
I appreciate to get this kind of work experience. But the atmosphere at work can vary depends on team work and support: it can exist and absent as well.

You will figure out a definition of "Work under pressure" after you will meet every day service time goal and how much multitasking and hardworking you supposed to be.

Your actions are over-controlled by supervisors and you change your work position a lot.
Pros
One-time 50% discount for crew member during work shift
Cons
Unpaid break
Fun place to work at, great attitudes
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 February 2017
-a typlical day at work involves alot of cleaning, food preperation, interacting with customers, and basic problem solving
-I learned many customer service skills, food safety skills, basic cooking skills, and basic business skills
-Good management
-Good workplace culture, we were a very diverse group
-meeting time requirements (drive thru times) was one of the hardest parts as there was much pressure to get lower times
-the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, meeting new people and making friends with co-workers
Pros
50% off one meal at the beginning or end of shift
Cons
no guaranteed hours
Cooperation and hard work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC3 February 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Wendy's. I was able to be a part of a well functioning and productive team. Throughout my experience, I have learned impeccable people skills and problem solving. The management was well rounded and able to show compassion for their staff. Naturally, every job will its obstacles but being a part of the Wendy's team it has better prepared me to be able to handle any challenge given to me. Overall, Wendy's has been a pleasure to work for.
Pros
Staff was easy to get a long with
Cons
Late nights
happy to work at wendys fast food restaurant
Cashier and Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
a typical day at work is washing dishes, working the front cash, working the drive thru and cleaning the restaurant

i learned how to operate the front cash and work in a busy and fast paced environment

management is on point

workplace culture is fast food

the hardest part of the job is stress that it can sometimes bring to a persons body and mind

the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with other employess and customers
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
not always enough hours
Probably the best co-workers you'll ever meet
Front/Drive Thru Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ON12 February 2017
The atmosphere is very inviting, the employees are the best part. They make your shifts better because everyone is friendly and always cracking jokes. The work can get hectic and difficult but it becomes easier the more you do it. I learned a lot about multi-tasking, time management (since I was in university at the same time). Management is pretty good, they can be a little hard on your sometimes but it's not because they hate you, they just want things to get done the right way.
Pros
Free lunches to one employee each week with the best performance
Cons
30min break
Fast paced work environment with friendly team members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 February 2017
A typical day of work as a cashier was attending customers as well as making sure Wendy's restaurant was neat and tidy.

I learned how to deal with many different customer's concerns and issues.

I learned that management is important for the efficient and smooth operation of Wendy's restaurant.

The workplace culture of Wendy's restaurant was friendly team members but it was a fast paced work environment.

The hardest part of the job was went it was lunch time and there were a lot of customers waiting.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working within a team rather than just by yourself.
very good
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
Day at work great
Learned from different kind of people
They are great in my work place
They are great and friendly
Hardest job in general is no more reward recognition, certificate of appreciation, crew of the year. Hope they considered it, so the crew will motivated in their work in general.
Enjoyable in meeting new friends and people from co-worker to customers
In my opinion and review all aspect is very good
Pros
MANAGERS ON MY WORK HAVE A HEART FOR THEIR CREW
Cons
NO MORE NIGHT DIFFERENTIAL FOR LATE NIGHT DUTIES, NO FREE LUNCHES OR DINNER
the most enjoyable part of the job
Wendys Restaurant manager (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB19 January 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people
with the different attitudes ,working relationship for both gender ,sometimes you need to enlighten your personal perception to all co worker so you can work them easily ,and do motivation at all times ,keeping your goal and sales to grow by endearing relationship and service to all customer so they will keep coming back for the business,

delegation of work is making you the best team leader that could lead to strong environment for the incoming future of everyone how you stand by your decision in making them responsible for the task they are making.
Pros
making linch on time
Cons
extending hours as needed to operate in service
An amazing opportunity
Cashier, Side Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Cashier, food prep, sandwich maker, grill worker. I learned to work under pressure in a fast pace environment. Managers were very friendly and flexible. My co-workers were like family to me. I had some of the fondest memories working at Wendy's. The hardest part of the job was leaving it to pursue a career in retail/clothing. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making customers happy.
Pros
working with wonderful people
Cons
imbalance with school and work
Absolutely the worst experience of my life
Cashier/Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 January 2017
I would just do yourself a favor and keep looking, if the managers arent yelling at people to work its because they are busy talking with each other about which employees they dont like, as well as im pretty sure they are sexist, there is no males on the management team and the only people that moved up in the year i worked there were woman.
Cons
long hours, bad pay, no benefits, stole money from paycheck
Fun and fast paced environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 January 2017
Wendy's is a great place to work, always able to make new friends with employees as well as build up your resume with work experience. Wendy's offers many opportunities for growth within yourself and the company. You learn more about yourself and what you are able to do. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the pace during rush hours, but overall it is a fun and exciting place to work and meet lifelong friends.
Pros
Half off meals when you are working
Cons
Closing the store, however the hours are good
A place to be part of a secondary family
cashier, sandwich and fries area and drive-thru (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
Wendy's is a great place to offer job experience and knowing the basic work etiquettes and rules. Flexible hours, as well friendly coworkers and supervisors are reasons to join. You can make really great, close friends. As of the learning aspects, this place offers great experience handling situations between customers and employees as well as etiquettes of being welcoming to others. Overall, a great place to have as a starter job, and to stay
Very Strict Environment
sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON26 December 2016
Environment was close quarters
Managers were extremely strict with speed of work
"quantity over quality"
co-workers were fairly nice
Some managers tended to hover over shoulders
Need to memorize many, many menu items and what goes into them, even if it just started being sold
Lull times in between rushes are filled by cleaning, even when there is nothing to clean
Pros
close to my house
Cons
Managers very strict, FAST work, little relax time
Awesome place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George26 December 2016
Great tasting food made by great people. The workplace runs so smoothly, everyone works as a team, good place to work and not have one job the entire time. Get trained to do other jobs. Food discounts, everyone has fun. Communication was top notch. Training was very efficient. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, because this establishment makes such good food times get really busy.
Pros
Oustanding communication, team huddles
Cons
None.
Productive manager with options to progres in the work place.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON19 February 2017
The people minus the managers are the worst group of human being ive ver encountered. The employees of pembroke wendys made it very unbearable to work with, They were rude and made sure that new people felt outcasted. Ive never worked in a more miserable place and im going to be telling everyone i know about the complete disregard for human compassion.
Fast paced which is awesome but some are really dirty
Cashier/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC17 January 2017
Wendy's overall is a pretty fun place to work as long as you have the right manager and team. Most Wendy's are very clean and sanitary but some of them are just a graveyard of old food. Customers are pretty cool and the registers are easy as pie to use, it even shows you pictures.
Pros
50% off of Wendy's n whatever it's connected too
Cons
Only durring work and the hours are not enough
Negative Environment with no respect for outside commitments
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON23 January 2017
The managers were disorganized and gossiped and had no regard for prior commitments (even when notified well in advance) and sometimes forgot they hired someone, never had enough uniforms, and frequently forgot who was trained on what. Sometimes employees would work 12 hour shifts, and employees only got breaks if they worked at least seven hours.
Wendy's Restaurant
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2017
Early morning set up.
Chop lettuce and cut tomato for 2 hours, each morning.
Greet customers and take orders tray/bag meals.
Some employee's would train me on stations, I had yet to learn. The most difficult part of the job at Wendy's restaurant was, the customers. The Most enjoyable part about Wendy's was prepping and making the food.
Pros
50% off every meal (once a day/ if working)
Cons
not enough work hours.
Repetitive, and not for me.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 January 2017
The job wasn't horrible. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the work wasn't too easy or too hard. I was just bored. Constantly doing the same tasks everyday, with nearly the same customers over and over again gets old quickly. Management was decent, but not as professional as they should be. I enjoyed the hours and the schedule was catered to my personal life.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Repetitive
Horrible management. Improper training for employees.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 December 2016
I got hired here and they didnt show me where anything was. They got a guy to train me and he was only there for 3 weeks. I later had to train someone and i was only there for a week. You get 50% off meals only when youre working. You only get 1 half hr break thats unpaid and You dont get two 15 min breaks if you work 8 hrs. I asked for full time work and i get less then 40 hrs a week and i make min wage. All the managers are philipino except the owners son.
Pros
50% off meals (only when youre working)
Cons
Horrible trainers, no 15 minute breaks, no free meals, only minimum wage for full time workers.

2.9