The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and great team work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  7340 Boulevard Décarie, Montréal, QCJuly 23, 2016
The night shift crew has great team work. Usually very busy at work except in Winter. I learned how the cash register by working in Wendy's.
Horrible management very racist towards white people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SKJuly 19, 2016
Could not stand it felt unappreciated low pay no raise or promotion after doing what asked to deserve one. There was no true team work put all the work on me and my friend no good came from this. Was fired for not getting a doctors note for having h1n1
Pros
Discount
Cons
It`s a good place to start out
multi positonal employee (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 19, 2016
The job itself isn`t hard and it is a flexible work place, they give good hours and are willing to help people who need to change their schedules on the fly. It is a good first time employee type of environment.
People made the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 15, 2016
As you could expect from a fast food company the work wasn't glorious, the pay wasn't great and sometimes the hours were long. But as the title says the real satisfaction was the people I met and the friendships I made. Not just co-workers and management, but regular customers who would come in and I would know them by name and order and we would have discussions about the on-goings of our lives. This was made even more apparent when I finally decided to quit and hearing how sad everyone (management, co-workers and customers) was when they heard about it. All in all was glad that I worked there
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
non-regular hours
fun work place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 14, 2016
I like working at Wendy's. It is a place where you can have fun as well as learn more from the customers. I got to learn a lot from my co-workers and from the customers. The hardest part of the job is having long hours shift where as I enjoy working while talking with the people.
Productive challenging work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work would be your regular duties in your station and a very busy work place. Co-workers are really nice and you learn a-lot of different skills like multitasking. The best part of the job is when your doing something you enjoy example when I sometimes do drive thru.
Pros
great staff
Not very professional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONJuly 12, 2016
It would have been a great experience but the timing wasn't right. Unfortunately, shortly after I got the job, we found out my dad was dying of cancer and he was only going to live for 3 more weeks. When my dad passed away, I couldn't function at all as it was also the first death I ever had to deal with and watching my father wither away to nothing really got to me.

When I told my manager, she told me I can take time off. However, other managers and co-workers were gossiping regarding the time I took off due to my dads death.

Other than that, it was a great experience. I was a very independent worker and extremely friendly to the customers and my co-workers.

I learnt even if people are going to be bitter and negative, just kill them with kindness.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
gossiping
Decent beginning job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 11, 2016
Not a hard job to get the hang of, it is an easy job to do that can easily be worked around your schedule. It is easy to work here as a student, or someone who has other priorities. I personally found that management were not properly trained to deal with certain situations.
Hard job but reliable hours
grill worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 6, 2016
Wendy's is a very reliable company simply for the hours they give, all though the work may be hard the managers made it easier to get threw the shift.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Always busy
not the best.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJuly 5, 2016
not a great work environment, mean people, management lacking, did not seem to know what they were doing
Pros
nothing
Cons
didn't give raises
Stressful wasn't trained properly
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJuly 5, 2016
instead of one person training me, i had 6 different trainers, some would go over what i already learned, while others skipped over stuff they figured i already knew. constantly yelled at for being slow because i was trained improperly and had to ask questions which slowed me down.
Cons
good management with caring co workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2016
The co workers were really nice, friendly and caring. A good management, the manager helped me through all the process and helped me learn everything i needed.
Not a bad first job
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2016
Not a bad first job, really teaches responsibility of the workplace. If one person does not do their job properly it ends up slowing everyone else down as well. Management was very cooperative with scheduling especially for inconsistent college classes. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the rush pace, the most enjoyable part is definitely the people you work with, that really makes the environment what it is.
Pros
good starter job
Cons
fast-paced
Bad Shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 2, 2016
The work was ok, shifts ran from 4 to 8 on weekdays and 6 hour to 8 hour shifts on the weekends. I learned how to deal with bad customers and micro organization. Management was horrible, and would change shifts multiple times daily, to the point a schedule was unnecessary because it would change so often you had unpredictable schedule.Co-workers were incredibly nice and were helpful especially for my first job. The hardest part of the job was predicting if i had a shift or not from the constant shifting. I really enjoyed getting to help people out and glad the smile i had on my face made them happy.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
constant shift chnages
positive friendly enviornment
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 30, 2016
a great place to begin your work experience. you learn how to manage duties such as cleaning, cooking, customer service. co-workers are very friendly and helpful
Lacked a comfortable and fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ONJune 24, 2016
In the morning I would clean the dining room and parking lot. Taking out the garbage was difficult because they did not have supporting equipment. Management was not the best in terms of respectful communication. The hardest part of the job was being a minority and trying to carry tonnes of garbage with my hands. I did not enjoy it other than getting to talk to customers.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Overall environment and support
Only consider if truly desperate
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 24, 2016
It was ok at the start and then with every new promotion and hire it just started to go down hill. Its just really not worth it.
i liked the company alot.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJune 24, 2016
i really appreciate the company management. all the co- workers are cooperative. i love specially drive through service.
awesome
Front cash, sandwich maker, inventory clerk, Drive (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NBJune 22, 2016
This was my first job. Began at age 14 and I was devasted when it closed. Some of the management was very hard to work with. The hardest part of teh job was managers yelling at us for thinsg out of our control. Such as making fries when it gets busy then it slows down and we have too many fries made.

The friends I made and the bonds weve created that will last a lifetime. The Knowledge I aquired and the opportunities given to me, to excel I will cherish always
Pros
My first job
Cons
they closed
Wendy's
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 20, 2016
a typical day at work would consist of a lot of pressure. a lot and a lot of pressure. working in a fast food restaurant can be very tiring. working long shifts and standing on your feet for hours, this job has taught me how to multitask at its finest. many would wonder how, this is because at wendys just like any fast food restaurant has you working on many things at onces. For me, i usually work as the cook dropping fresh meat, chicken, fries and all kinds of stuff, there is a lot to worry about when working as the cook, making sure its cooked properly, making sure there enough meat for the sandwich maker to have and a lot more.

2.8