The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Fun but could get busy
Back cash opener and Front cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 28, 2016
co-workers were nice and supervisors knew when to have fun and when to be serious overall not a bad place to work but hours weren't great
Fast pace to work with different people
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 28, 2016
In Wendys i learned lot about customer care.how to handle aggressive customers but also i met very good people in my 10 year at Wendys .My management teach me lot,My seniors trusted on me and make me strong everyday.Every day i learn new things, met new people which is always exciting.
Pros
Gets shifts according to our life style
Cons
Hourly wage could be better
fast pace and hot
Grill Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2016
a typical day at work is very enjoy able. i learned to cook the food and take orders. management was always good to me and all my co-workers are grate people. the hardest part of the job is closing because you must clean the store before going home but i enjoyed every moment of it
Learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2016
Wendy's was a really good platform for my job experience. I got to learn how to manage the store and responsibilities and manage the time. I was able to cooperate with people and learn how to deal with them. The drawback of the job was the long hours but the fun part was that we used to spend time together and work as a group and finish the task on time.
Pros
Free food one time
Cons
Long and excessive work shift
Entertaining personality
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 22, 2016
I have a great knowledge of networking, management, accounting.I love accounting and is familiar to basic concept very well
Excellent Fast-Paced Work Environment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 21, 2016
Working at Wendy's is a fast-paced job. It can be quite demanding, but overall, it's a rewarding experience. Especially if you can do your job effectively and efficiently. Although, the training and on the job experience lends more to customer service and the food industry, rather than construction and trades. For reference in case you feel like switching occupational titles anytime soon.
Pros
Fast-Paced, Rewarding Experience
Cons
Your manager can mean the difference between success and failure, So can your fellow employees, You must work as a team or fail as a team
Good and friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 14, 2016
Very good and friendly environment . Manager was helpful and co-workers were always willing to teach and help. I loved working in Wendy's .
Informative and uncomfortable.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BCSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working here for the experience with food as well as the public however the staffing and management was stressful and usually uncomfortable.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Uncomfortable atmosphere
Fun, easy going, flexible hours
Cashier & Food Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ONSeptember 8, 2016
Overall, Wendy's is a wonderful place to work. The staff is caring and friendly and the hours can be adjusted according to your schedule needs. I would recommend for new workers/ students.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Not enough hours
Understandable workplace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 3, 2016
3 hour shifts
Most to do out of other employees
Managers with different work place requirements
Doing patty's, nuggets, fries, restocking, cleaning most work areas
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Environment not so confortable
exciting place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2016
A fast paced funfilled environment to work ,
very cooperative management and co workers ,
meeting new people every day and assisting them in best possible way,
customer centric policies ,nice people and place to work
Pros
discounted food
Cons
not any
horrible
burger prep (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 1, 2016
managers there are the most rude people i have ever met. I used to work there and my girlfriend walked me into work one day and they told her to get out. even though she had money and wanted to buy something.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCAugust 31, 2016
It's a bit hard at first but once you get into it, it's really easy. It's fun for part time workers. Sometimes they just call off your shift 10 minutes before it gets started, which is annoying.
Fantastic place to work
Cashier, drive-thru order taker and bagger (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 30, 2016
A typical day at work for me was to go in and see smile faces on everyone, the customers most of the time were happy. I learned that no matter what the customer is always right at Wendys. The management and the co-workers were very friendly and great people to be around. There wasnt really a hard part about it, the Wendys team in Barrie helped each other out with everything, they're a great team. The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure the customers got what they needed, and made sure they were happy and would want to come back again.
Pros
Great staff
there is no fun
Cashier and Grill (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2016
i have been working in wendys long time and i worked hard with no recognition in either way for example in two years i got .25 cents an hour raise and no promotion - the people who joined after me they promoted but not me.

when i asked for the transfer i have been harrased gy the GM of the store i felt quitting but i can't i need to support the family. the main thing is so called general manager is ruining the reputation of the store and the brand wendys. there no one in head office to take care of this.
i don't work in a company where i don't get satifaction.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours to work with
Friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
Everyone I worked with were very humble and kind. We became like a family. I've learned a lot there, such as how to be responsible, how to have patient and how to deal with customers the right way.

The hardest part of the job I would say is cleaning other peoples messes.

The most enjoyable part was coming in and seeing my coworkers,
fun and nice job
FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Foothills, ABAugust 23, 2016
its a nice job.they gonna follow your availability and give you more hours and nice rate. all people are very nice and friendly. management are giving you a chance to excel your self.
fast paced work environment
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCAugust 23, 2016
fast paced working days
flexible work hours
great co workers

i learned how to be more eloquent when it comes to customer service, being understanding with every customer.
management is good not too aggressive

hardest part of the job is lots of customers on busy days
Pros
half off on food purchases for employees
Cons
hectic work load
Not a happy work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 23, 2016
Not the most comfortable or friendly workplace environment. A lot of favouritism. Not getting enough requested hours. Some very unpleasant managers and coworkers.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Flexibly fun environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 22, 2016
It's a physically demanding job with a lot of fun staff and flexible hours. Training is simple and it's easy to grow within the company.
Pros
The food
Cons
The managers

2.8