The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,226 reviews matching the search
Good place for short term not long term
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
Good to make quick money in high school, etc but not recommended for someone looking to save up a lot of money because you are never guaranteed proper hours.
Productive, fun and unique experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
Different jobs gives different ways of living life. we often learn from our jobs. I had the best crew working for me and once i was the part of it before moving on to the higher level.
Fun workplace
Bolton Shift Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON17 September 2017
Wendys was a great place to work with amazing staff, making me feel comfortable as ever. I grew many bonds over my five years working here, and I will cherish the skills I've learned throughout.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not enough hours
good environment
Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QC H9B (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 September 2017
its really good place to work. Their management was nice and well maintained. i have learned to communicate with lots of different types of people. its was really at time when its an rush hour although for my first job i really liked it.
Pros
discount on my meals
Cons
less benefits
productive and a great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 September 2017
A typical day at work would be opening up, mopping the floors, and cleaning up the restaurants. fast pace and fun to work at. The most enjoyable parts would be greeting the customers
Productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 September 2017
As cashier it is your job to take care of the dining room to make it look nice and tidy, and take orders from the customers and giving them a good experience.

While handling food it is a multi-tasking job. listening to orders and making sure the customers orders are correct and they are happy with their order.
Keeping up to date with your supplies and letting others know as well.
Pros
discount food
Cons
too much discount food
Its enthusiastic and fast pacing job....
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2017
Working in WENDY'S is like you are passionate to help your customer. The energetic environment is just ready to boost both the customer and the employee.
I love the challenging experience there....
Pros
50% discount on meal.
Cons
Lacks co-ordination sometimes.
Terrible hours
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 September 2017
They made all the students with no cars work the late shifts where you finish at 2am so there are no buses home meanwhile all the people with cars got all the day shifts the management had no consideration for anyone
Pros
50% off
Cons
Everything else
Good first job, overall good experience
Part-time during school year (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 September 2017
Pretty good job, My first experience serving people. the workers and management could have been better, very slack and not enough effort put into the work.
Pros
15% off of food
Cons
some of the workers
Work place was unprofessional and full of gossip, managers talk poorly about the other employees behind their back.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 September 2017
Every day when I could come into work, I would hear nothing but poor language and awful remarks about other coworkers. When asking to have fewer shifts since I am a Highschool student, my hours would get dropped from 30-10 which is not what i asked for nor what i needed to live off of. Wendys doesn't care if you're contagiously sick or have family issues, if you call in sick with valid proof that you are sick, they will complain about it and most likely still make you come work and deal with the public and serve food.
Pros
Cons
literally being there
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2017
It was a food company and i was a cashier, very busy but still i was able to make it. Really nice team members. And the food was 50% off for the staff.
Moderate work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 September 2017
Job is alright, could move a lot faster and have better service. A lot of unnecessary conversations between co-workers that make that complicate the job. Simple job.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Hard place for upward mobility
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Often the District Manager would hate losing talent so even if you're ready for a promotion, if there isn't a place in the district, you're denied a promotion.There's a very linear upward mobility path which hinders talent.
good work place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ponoka, AB11 September 2017
Wendys Ponoka is a great place to work for. You can have your time bade on what your availabilty and people here are friendly. good working condition as well.
Fun
Lot and lobby (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2017
It's a good pay and got a lot experience working there they treat me good I had a lot of fun a lot of work tho but it was worth it I woked during the day
Not too bad
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2017
It is not a bad place to work the employes are quiet friendly and helpful management always listen about our problems and try their best to solve them but now days they do not have enough ours for work
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Not enough work
Very great environment and very friendly also organized.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 September 2017
This is a great place for a first job as it was for me, i got to learn many new things working as a cashier and learning new things about the people i work with
Pros
free drinks and discounts on food
Less staff. More work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 September 2017
There was poor management. The number of staff members was very less. The number of customers was more. So, it created pressure among the workers. It was dissatisfactory working there.
very new team, easy to communicate and work side y side with
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON9 September 2017
working at Wendy's I gained a great number of things, starting off with how to work in a fast paced environment, how to set a goal an work with a team trying to achieve that goal and also how to provide great customer service.
Pros
discounts
Cons
late closes
Fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON7 September 2017
Friendly environment
managers ans supervisor are so supportive
ready to adjust hours according to our need
good place to start up your career if you are student
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
short staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9