The Wendy's Company
6,015 reviews

The Wendy's Company Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Slapstick comedy in the work place
Team Member (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 20, 2015
Cons: long hours, minimal breaks
I never knew what to expect walking into work. I have countless stories about the different situations I was put in. Although the job was stressful, I learned more than I have anywhere else.
nothing to say
Food attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: 50% off for food
i learned how to properly communicate with other people.

balancing your temper in each of every situation.

understanding the do's and dont
Fast paced environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Theres different positions that you can be assigned to for the day. Yo get trained for all of them when you start working. It is a must to provide the best quality food in a very short amount of time
Wendy's experience
server, cashier (Former Employee), New WestminsterFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: environment
Wendy's was my first job, working at fast food taught me good customer service and taught me how to stand on my own feet. I learned how to prepare sandwiches, made salads. I was a cashier, and kept my work environment clean.
Every morning needs a good start.
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great and friendly relationships with customers
Cons: short hours.
Typical morning, prepare chilli, setting up the kitchen, cleaning, filtering, and sanitizing everything. Stock food and utensils needed. making sure from my start time and four hours after everything is ready to make food or have enough food prepared for customers.
Its Alright
Crewmember (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: 50% off during your shift.
Cons: grease gets all over your uniform.
If you're looking for an easy part time job Wendys is the place for you!

Super simple work, and easy to work with staff.
Fast Food
Cashier (Former Employee), Leduc, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Just like any other fast food place you work hard for minimum wage, everyone wants to advance.
Great people, not great hours
Cashier/Lobby (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Great team to work with but not enough hours to make ends meet. I didn't work here for very long as I was young and needed to focus on school. Also it was a very long time ago. Also this needing to review thing is really annoying.
Good workplace for part-time job-seekers
Customer Clerk (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Part-time job seekers or high-school students like any other fast food retail stores.
versatile and generally friendly work environment
Frycook (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: meals are half price for employees
Cons: deaf ears where manager misconduct is concerned
A typical day at work differs depending on whether you had a morning or night shift, with a morning shift you start by cleaning the grills from the previous night, emptying whatever fry vat had to be cleaned the previous night, fetching any meat needed for the first pots of chilli and power washing one of three sections of the drive through followed by the basic tasks expected of a fry cook. When working a night shift tasks expected of you include possibly emptying one of four fry vats and filling it with cleaning materials, storing unused products such as chilli, nacho cheese and salsa, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning the fry vat filtration unit taking out garbage and dumping the leftover grease in the disposal unit.
Fun staff, Fun shifts.
superviser/trainer (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 13, 2015
I learned how to take control in stressful situations and how to count tills faster. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the staff who were older than me to take direction from me. I loved my co-workers.
Average workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours with little to no breaks
wendys was a great place to work loved talking to the costumers and doing everything in could to help them and make them happy
i learned how to make work sandwich station use the cash take orders for drive thru and front cash..and cleaning and closing the store

reason for leaving was co-workers/management ...
unprofessional and rude
Friendly staff
Sandwich maker (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: 50 percent off food
Cons: late night closes
Staff is Friendly and I have made good friends along the way, but i want to get out of fast food work. typical day at work includes preparing back up food to store in the fridge, making sandwiches during the rushes and cleaning up the store, and maintaining the store. Hardest part of the job is staying up til 4am cleaning up the store on night shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is consistent enjoyable work where the whole staff is working hard, but at the same time able to have fun and socialize.
na
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 7, 2015
Wendy's fast food restaurant is looking for a Shift Supervisor to join its fast-paced, energetic team!

As the Shift Supervisor, I am enjoying plenty of work-related perks such as company medical benefits, provided uniforms, meal discounts and advancement opportunities. The shift supervisor position is an entry-level supervisory position at Wendy's, so by taking on this role, I have taken my first big step to a potentially huge restaurant management career.

Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2015

The ideal Shift Supervisor is a confident decision-maker who is ready to learn. The Shift Supervisor has experience in fast food and/or restaurant work and is an excellent communicator – both in written form and verbally. S/he will be willing to lead a team during each shift and assistant with training team members.Learnt how to manage crew members, leadership, inventory and management skills.
Great for experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers.
Cons: too many hours interfering with school at the time.
I was very young when I started at wendy's restaurant. It was a great place to work, gained great customer service experience at a young age which really helped me.
Fast paced fast food working environment
Net Trainer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 22, 2014
Pros: discount on lunches
Cons: greasy
Worked on multiple positions and trained all new employees that were hired.
worked in drive thru window, front cashier, grill, sandwich stations.
Had to use a lot of customer service skills to ensure that every customer left with a smile and a full belly.
Fun work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: discount and flexible hours
Cons: at times short staffed
follow schedule that you are given, complete tasks. how to keep your self busy, do things that you see need to be done without being asked. management was easy to talk to and offered help when asked. co-workers were all there to do a job and did so accordingly, job was a comfortable environment made it easy to ask questions.
Wendys Bradford
Wendy's Front Cashier & Grill Operator (Former Employee), Bradford West Gwillimbury, ONDecember 15, 2014
Pros: first job experiance
Cons: bad management
The management was a mess and the complete year of working there was a waste of time. The benefits I had gotten out of this was that it was my first job and it opened me up to a new world and opportunities.
fun and comfortable environment
Service Crew/ Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 3, 2014
Pros: they give us fair working hours
Cons: there are no free meals and no dental insurance
working in a fast food service company needs you to be working with agility and quick reflexes and response and most of all must have a teamwork. that's what i learned and value the most in the job that i had. Sure you can do work on your own but you can be more productive and be at your best if you have teamwork, for in a fast food, everybody has a role to play and each one must perform their duties to make the job done with fast, accurate and quality service.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Wendy's Company

The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s – Read more

The Wendy's Company Photos