The Wendy's Company
6,370 reviews

The Wendy's Company Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive place to work in
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orleans, ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: 50% off lunches
Cons: Sometimes other staff can be rude
I worked at Wendy's for a bit over 2 years, and enjoyed every minute of it until I had to move across the city.

I learned how to be a good team player, and how to properly make burgers, salads and wraps. I gained much experience with customers and how to interact with each and everyone of them.
Very good
Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 24, 2015
Excellent place
supportive manager
friendly environment
sufficient work hours
cashier job is the most fun job at this place
Life at Wendys starts out with a fresh coffee
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 23, 2015
Every Morning at 10 am we arrived to an empty restaurant and greeted the staff on duty with a "Good Morning". As an employee of Wendys' Canada it gave me confidence, work ethic and most importantly satisfaction that when my shift was over the customers for that day were pleased with our service. We had a manager with us every shift who gave us the energy and motivation to do our work promptly but efficiently. She was our leader. We all were a team who worked together to provide the customer with there orders. We all had our own job for that day; (examples: cashier, line cooks, restaurant cleanup. ). The hardest part of the job was making sure that if a customer asks "no pickles in my cheeseburger" we wanted to be 100% he/she got "no pickles". So at Wendys communication was an integral part of our shift. At the end of the day if the customer is happy with there quality of food and service. Then we did our job.
productive and fun work place
Manager (Former Employee), WaterlooApril 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch, more responsibilities good hours
I loved all my co- workers each shift i showed up with a big hello to everyone and everyone was so caring they always showed care for everyone and it was great, we have alot of fun on shift always laughing going on our team knew when it was a good time to laugh and when to keep focused on high sales periods. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving direction and ensuring business flow, as someone who worked in customer service for 6 years i have experience and it was time i took a step up and showed my skills for a management member, a typical day at work was like a typical get together, we all knew our jobs and we knew how to get things done on time and properly
I learned my employee rights and value them highly after this entry level job.
Grill cook (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: Learning experience, eye opener, learned my worker rights and learned conflict and avoidance stratagies for conflicts and harassments
Cons: Personal infromation is left in the open, Management will abuse your ignorance of worker rights, a good wake up call of abusive workplace dynamics.
Was trained: As a cook for meat products and fries, throughout the day a steady stream of people came to eat, while at lunch time it was always busy.
Productive, and encouraging workplace
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free meals for management
Cons: Long hours, Mixed shifts.
I have worked for Wendy's five years ago, I started as crew and I met amazing employees and just the over all place was very relaxed and calm. It's a great place for a first job. I ended up leaving that place to further and expand my experience for customer experience and ended up going back to Wendy's this past year, I became management and was able to take on responsibility and coach and train crew how to properly do something that is productive and encourage them to get the job done fast and and accurately.
Grilling at Wendy's
Grill (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: Awesome people.
Cons: 1 half off lunch per day.
My typical work shift best described in one word, presumption. Working as the single cook/grill in the fast food industry, let alone Wendy's was simple enough. I had to maintain enough food to serve at all times, while not over stocking food and wasting it. The real hard part was managing and taking educated guesses on the expected orders. The more experienced co-workers would understand the responsibilities of working as a grill, so they would help on the side, such helping re stock. Even though most 9 hour shifts were slow but went by as a blur, I enjoyed entertaining the thought that Wendy's could not function and live up to their existence without me that day.
supervisor in fast food without title
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good team and honest work
Cons: denied promised promotion due to change in policy
I'm flexible and am assigned many tasks.
I clean, cook, prepare salad, make sandwiches and serve customers. I have not learned very much new as I had such experiences in my previous work. However I trained new staff including new supervisors and managers which was interesting though again something I have done previously. We have a friendly workplace. Managers and team member work together as a TEAM. The difficult parts were working short staffed and being denied a promotion despite support from my supervisors and management because of an HR policy no promotion without PR. I enjoy my coworkers and dealing with the public.
fun workplace with lots of colleague as friend
Customer Service (Current Employee), annacis island, B.CApril 8, 2015
have to make number of orders everyday and to make in within few seconds and every day learn how to manage and to get work done within few seconds and i enjoy it
A Job is a Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great Staff Members
Cons: Drama
- Crew members Friendly and great to work with
- Management is a working process
- Good Hours
- Great Owner, helpful and Friendly
- No good for advancements
- No benefits
- Always getting called in on days off
Managment
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 6, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: managment
not very respectful only care about themselves, pressure you to do everything, need to learn everything on your own with no help.
Terrible customers, management and little room for advancement
Crew Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2015
I have been working here for 3 years, and there are no raises, I work with other co-workers with 10-15 years experience and this still receive minimum wage. Money hungry business that couldn't care less about their employees.
Very challenging store to work. You will learn a lot from the experience.
Assistant Store Manager/Co-Manager (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 4, 2015
Pros: free meals
- mostly spending time on the operations and couple hours a day on paper works

- making sure that payroll and weekly schedule of crews and supervisors are done ahead of time.

- learned how to time manage and run the operation with minimal staffing without sacrificing quality and standards.

-Certification of servsafe valid until next year

- the more challenging role i play in a company like this the more I am to step up more
Good
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2015
Highly productive and fast paced environment, Awesome, management is perfect, enjoyed working in there. Still would like to work in a place like there
Not at all productive or friendly working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2015
My experience at Wendy's was not very good. The working environment was not very friendly and I guess I didn't learn that much except cashing.
Its a fun workplace.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton CanadaMarch 31, 2015
Productive and team work is always emphasize in the store. Making salad every morning is may daily routine.And i love making salad.
like to work with others
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
It was fun working for Wendy's good staff excellent services friendly atmosphere management was great they did appreciate the work we did.
Very laid back and relaxed work environment
Crew Member (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good hours, work around my life
Cons: Short staff
My work day usually starts off with me working on a position, later on through out the shift, the crew get an extra cleaning task for the day. When i am on night, i have to help prepare a cart of condiments for the next day. Management is usually on top on things, although there is some bad nights. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with all the drama between crew. The most enjoyable part is when i get to work with the people who always make it a good time.
typical day at wendy's
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: work with good people
Cons: long hours, mean staff
I am a night shift worker. Most of my co-workers are under 20. Some days it can be fun to close with the fun people but we get things done. Working a full shift there is hard,you only get half hour break.
customer service
opening manager (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMarch 23, 2015
loved this job and moved up fast I became a manager within a few months and the hours were awesome because I was the opening manager. The management and co workers were awesome to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Wendy's Company

The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s – Read more

The Wendy's Company Photos