The Wendy's Company
5,800 reviews

The Wendy's Company Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people, not great hours
Cashier/Lobby (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Great team to work with but not enough hours to make ends meet. I didn't work here for very long as I was young and needed to focus on school. Also it was a very long time ago. Also this needing to review thing is really annoying.
Good workplace for part-time job-seekers
Customer Clerk (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Part-time job seekers or high-school students like any other fast food retail stores.
versatile and generally friendly work environment
Frycook (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: meals are half price for employees
Cons: deaf ears where manager misconduct is concerned
A typical day at work differs depending on whether you had a morning or night shift, with a morning shift you start by cleaning the grills from the previous night, emptying whatever fry vat had to be cleaned the previous night, fetching any meat needed for the first pots of chilli and power washing one of three sections of the drive through followed by the basic tasks expected of a fry cook. When working a night shift tasks expected of you include possibly emptying one of four fry vats and filling it with cleaning materials, storing unused products such as chilli, nacho cheese and salsa, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning the fry vat filtration unit taking out garbage and dumping the leftover grease in the disposal unit.
Fun staff, Fun shifts.
superviser/trainer (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 13, 2015
I learned how to take control in stressful situations and how to count tills faster. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the staff who were older than me to take direction from me. I loved my co-workers.
Average workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours with little to no breaks
wendys was a great place to work loved talking to the costumers and doing everything in could to help them and make them happy
i learned how to make work sandwich station use the cash take orders for drive thru and front cash..and cleaning and closing the store

reason for leaving was co-workers/management ...
unprofessional and rude
Friendly staff
Sandwich maker (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: 50 percent off food
Cons: late night closes
Staff is Friendly and I have made good friends along the way, but i want to get out of fast food work. typical day at work includes preparing back up food to store in the fridge, making sandwiches during the rushes and cleaning up the store, and maintaining the store. Hardest part of the job is staying up til 4am cleaning up the store on night shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is consistent enjoyable work where the whole staff is working hard, but at the same time able to have fun and socialize.
na
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 7, 2015
Wendy's fast food restaurant is looking for a Shift Supervisor to join its fast-paced, energetic team!

As the Shift Supervisor, I am enjoying plenty of work-related perks such as company medical benefits, provided uniforms, meal discounts and advancement opportunities. The shift supervisor position is an entry-level supervisory position at Wendy's, so by taking on this role, I have taken my first big step to a potentially huge restaurant management career.

Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2015

The ideal Shift Supervisor is a confident decision-maker who is ready to learn. The Shift Supervisor has experience in fast food and/or restaurant work and is an excellent communicator – both in written form and verbally. S/he will be willing to lead a team during each shift and assistant with training team members.Learnt how to manage crew members, leadership, inventory and management skills.
Great for experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers.
Cons: too many hours interfering with school at the time.
I was very young when I started at wendy's restaurant. It was a great place to work, gained great customer service experience at a young age which really helped me.
Fast paced fast food working environment
Net Trainer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 22, 2014
Pros: discount on lunches
Cons: greasy
Worked on multiple positions and trained all new employees that were hired.
worked in drive thru window, front cashier, grill, sandwich stations.
Had to use a lot of customer service skills to ensure that every customer left with a smile and a full belly.
Fun work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: discount and flexible hours
Cons: at times short staffed
follow schedule that you are given, complete tasks. how to keep your self busy, do things that you see need to be done without being asked. management was easy to talk to and offered help when asked. co-workers were all there to do a job and did so accordingly, job was a comfortable environment made it easy to ask questions.
Wendys Bradford
Wendy's Front Cashier & Grill Operator (Former Employee), Bradford West Gwillimbury, ONDecember 15, 2014
Pros: first job experiance
Cons: bad management
The management was a mess and the complete year of working there was a waste of time. The benefits I had gotten out of this was that it was my first job and it opened me up to a new world and opportunities.
fun and comfortable environment
Service Crew/ Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 3, 2014
Pros: they give us fair working hours
Cons: there are no free meals and no dental insurance
working in a fast food service company needs you to be working with agility and quick reflexes and response and most of all must have a teamwork. that's what i learned and value the most in the job that i had. Sure you can do work on your own but you can be more productive and be at your best if you have teamwork, for in a fast food, everybody has a role to play and each one must perform their duties to make the job done with fast, accurate and quality service.
Fun and exciting
cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2014
Pros: fun people, always changing, laughter
Cons: long hours on my feet
My work place was very accepting and fun to hangout on my own free time in
Opportunity to demonstrate myself as a coach and a leader
Asst Area Manager/ Corporate GM (Current Employee), Toronto, Brampton, MississaugaNovember 28, 2014
Pros: ability to work in different environmets with new challanges
Cons: company expansion plans are very conservative
Over last 13 years I have trained and a developed a highly responsive work force who are todays leaders in hospitality industry.

Over the years, I have proven myself to handle multiple assignments accomplishing goals, targets and meeting deadlines while keeping the sentiments of todays growing customer base and meeting expectation of company's shareholders.

I feel I have the confidence, ability and motivation to take more challenges and responsibilities and expand my career with a growing corporation.
difficult place to work
Employee (Former Employee), 4605 25 Street SE, Calgary AB.November 23, 2014
Pros: half priced food
Cons: no hours
Wendy's taught me about the value of being persistent and fast. It taught me the importance of happy customers and good work. Unfortunately, while working there, I did not feel welcome as a new employee and I received as little as 3 hours a week.
na
crossed trained on all positions (Former Employee), fredericton new brunswickNovember 22, 2014
Pros: good hours good work
loved the wok, great people, trained very well, worked good as a team
Fast paced and fun environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, OntNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: can not go with availability
Working for Wendy's has taught me to work more as a team and care for each other like family. Wendy's has also taught me to have great customer service and to always wear a smile on my face. While working for Wendy's I was able to enhance my experience in cash handling, management, time management, multi-tasking, and of course customer service!
What you would expect from a fast food joint.
Crew Member (Former Employee), AbbotsfordNovember 18, 2014
You don't do anything fancy. Cook the patties, make the sandwiches or work the cash register. I learned time management skills and how to work fast and efficiently. Management where nice but expected quality work. The hardest part of the job was the lunch and dinner rushes. i enjoyed the people that worked there the most.
Fast paced, Always chances available to advance higher up in the restaurant, Amazing managers
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
Work cashier, Usually driver thru,
Stocked the store and Cleaned the restaurant,
Rush hour peak taught me how to work quickly and efficiently but also how to handle stress when working through stressful situations,
Co-workers we're extremely friendly and helpful when needing help with any task i was unsure how to do,
Customers could at times be frustrating but with the managers help all situations would be resolved quickly,
Best part of the job was i learn't quickly and had fun doing it.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Wendy's Company

The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s – Read more

The Wendy's Company Photos