The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Alright
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON1 December 2017
I really enjoyed working for wendys when I was there. It was a fun job. Also wasn't hard either ! Wendys is a good place to work. I'm glad I got to experience what I did there !
Pros
half off meals
Cons
long nights
good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB30 November 2017
It was a good company to work for, the work was easy enough. The work load was worth the compensation. Could be slow at times but there was always something to do.
A good job as an introduction to the workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 November 2017
It is a good starting point, but I couldn't see myself making a career out of the fast food business. It is fast-paced, albeit with better quality food than some fast food restaurants. The people who work there are of diverse ethnicities at the location I worked, which led to some challenges in communication, but also a good opportunity to learn from those people.
Really fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC28 November 2017
It was a very fun place to work, the boss was very respectful and was really kind. Also the people I worked with were very friendly and enjoyable to work with. We ended up on good terms and it was amazing working for Wendy's.
Drive thru and front cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 November 2017
If working front cash you will take orders from customers and handle money, also be able to keep dining and bathrooms tidy. If working drive thru cash you will take orders over headset, handle cash and wash dishes.
Pros
50% off food while working
Productive and fun place to work
Shift operator (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 November 2017
High paced environment. Skills building. Can be stressful if you are short staffed. Great starter job. I encourage anyone who's starting out to consider fast food. I learnt a lot working with this company. It was easy to make friends. Can move up if a management position is something that you would want. If not it is just a stepping stone.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Not a set schedule
Exciting environment to work in.
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC27 November 2017
It was a hard job to handle considering the fact that i was a student at the time but it was exciting at the same time to build experience in the restoration field. The hardest part of the job was to make the sandwiches quickly since it was a fast food restaurant.
fun place to work
Cashier / Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 November 2017
i enjoyed workimg at wendy and would love to work there again...the staff were amazing and i enjoyed the face paced environment. Everyday was a great day to go to work.
Great company to work for
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2017
Staff and Management very friendly and helpful especially when needing help. Very flexible when it comes to scheduling and asking for time off. Four stars for excellent place to work at.
fun workplace
Crew Member and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON23 November 2017
-Employed courteous customer service as customer’s first point of contact to uphold a positive impression of the company
-Trained new Wendy’s crew members by modelling a step by step process for first hand understanding
was a good starting job
cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 November 2017
i enjoyed the job but it was verry busy and fast paced .i was only canadian one who worked there at the time so it was a bit stressful trying to communicate in high stress situations but it got better
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS23 November 2017
Management is great but CEO of the store is money hungry and likes to do anything to make money even if that's cutting hours by 20 hours each person .. other then the CEO it is a fun and busy job with great people to work with .. Management is the best there
Pros
Great people
Cons
Owner sucks
Sandwich maker, Fry cook, Morning preparation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2017
they care too much about the company and it's money rather then it's employees. only things I really learned from this job is sandwich making and salad prep.
Overall good
Customer Service Representative/Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 November 2017
I worked with my family so some days were hectic, but it was fun while I was there. The shifts were good and the hours were excellent as I always had a smile on my face after recieving my bi-weekly pay cheques.
Pros
30% off
awesome place to work
cashier/ kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 November 2017
fast paced environment to work in.You learned how to work with others while dealing with the general public.I enjoyed learning how to work the different areas and enjoyed the amount of hrs I worked here
Pros
always worked around my kids schedule
Cons
had to leave work to move back to nl
Fast paced but a fun environment
Wendy's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2017
The work environment was great and the people were fun to be around. The hours were a bit too long with minimal break periods which was tiring. Overall is was a great place because the time was spent productive.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Few Breaks
Productive workplace with regular competitions, daily goals and rewards
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Freeport, Grand Bahama21 November 2017
It was an enjoyable work environment for the most part. Once you get the hang of regular procedures, the job will come easy. At the Wendy's shop I worked at, there were friendly managers which I think really helped with the work environment.
Pros
Percentage off meals
Cons
8 hours standing with only a 30 minute break(might just be at the Wendy's shop that I worked at)
very friendly and open enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 November 2017
Working here was not bad at all, they seemed to hire the best and friendliest people they could. though most were from out of country and their English wasn't the best, they almost always had a better temperament towards colleagues as well as customers.
Their health and safety training was constant and always upgrading, things were always clean and professional.
Pros
friendly co-workers and managers.
Cons
certin materials used in the dine in area, ie. the carpet.
Great way to enhance customer service skills
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 November 2017
Wendys hasn't been pushing me to my full potential and I would like to go somewhere that does, but it is a great first job! You learn more everyday and enhance your communication skills for the real world.
awesome
Back end closer/Order Taker/Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 November 2017
amazing flexible hours
fast paced
paid weekly
room to grow if your working hard
great learning environment
safe from discrimination of any kind !!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8