The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Grilling at Wendy's
Grill (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: Awesome people.
Cons: 1 half off lunch per day.
My typical work shift best described in one word, presumption. Working as the single cook/grill in the fast food industry, let alone Wendy's was simple enough. I had to maintain enough food to serve at all times, while not over stocking food and wasting it. The real hard part was managing and taking educated guesses on the expected orders. The more experienced co-workers would understand the responsibilities of working as a grill, so they would help on the side, such helping re stock. Even though most 9 hour shifts were slow but went by as a blur, I enjoyed entertaining the thought that Wendy's could not function and live up to their existence without me that day.
supervisor in fast food without title
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good team and honest work
Cons: denied promised promotion due to change in policy
I'm flexible and am assigned many tasks.
I clean, cook, prepare salad, make sandwiches and serve customers. I have not learned very much new as I had such experiences in my previous work. However I trained new staff including new supervisors and managers which was interesting though again something I have done previously. We have a friendly workplace. Managers and team member work together as a TEAM. The difficult parts were working short staffed and being denied a promotion despite support from my supervisors and management because of an HR policy no promotion without PR. I enjoy my coworkers and dealing with the public.
fun workplace with lots of colleague as friend
Customer Service (Current Employee), annacis island, B.CApril 8, 2015
have to make number of orders everyday and to make in within few seconds and every day learn how to manage and to get work done within few seconds and i enjoy it
A Job is a Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great Staff Members
Cons: Drama
- Crew members Friendly and great to work with
- Management is a working process
- Good Hours
- Great Owner, helpful and Friendly
- No good for advancements
- No benefits
- Always getting called in on days off
Managment
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 6, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: managment
not very respectful only care about themselves, pressure you to do everything, need to learn everything on your own with no help.
Terrible customers, management and little room for advancement
Crew Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2015
I have been working here for 3 years, and there are no raises, I work with other co-workers with 10-15 years experience and this still receive minimum wage. Money hungry business that couldn't care less about their employees.
Very challenging store to work. You will learn a lot from the experience.
Assistant Store Manager/Co-Manager (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 4, 2015
Pros: free meals
- mostly spending time on the operations and couple hours a day on paper works

- making sure that payroll and weekly schedule of crews and supervisors are done ahead of time.

- learned how to time manage and run the operation with minimal staffing without sacrificing quality and standards.

-Certification of servsafe valid until next year

- the more challenging role i play in a company like this the more I am to step up more
Good
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2015
Highly productive and fast paced environment, Awesome, management is perfect, enjoyed working in there. Still would like to work in a place like there
Not at all productive or friendly working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2015
My experience at Wendy's was not very good. The working environment was not very friendly and I guess I didn't learn that much except cashing.
Its a fun workplace.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton CanadaMarch 31, 2015
Productive and team work is always emphasize in the store. Making salad every morning is may daily routine.And i love making salad.
like to work with others
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
It was fun working for Wendy's good staff excellent services friendly atmosphere management was great they did appreciate the work we did.
Very laid back and relaxed work environment
Crew Member (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good hours, work around my life
Cons: Short staff
My work day usually starts off with me working on a position, later on through out the shift, the crew get an extra cleaning task for the day. When i am on night, i have to help prepare a cart of condiments for the next day. Management is usually on top on things, although there is some bad nights. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with all the drama between crew. The most enjoyable part is when i get to work with the people who always make it a good time.
typical day at wendy's
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: work with good people
Cons: long hours, mean staff
I am a night shift worker. Most of my co-workers are under 20. Some days it can be fun to close with the fun people but we get things done. Working a full shift there is hard,you only get half hour break.
customer service
opening manager (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMarch 23, 2015
loved this job and moved up fast I became a manager within a few months and the hours were awesome because I was the opening manager. The management and co workers were awesome to work with.
Overall, good environment
Grill/Cashier (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: 50% discount when working
Cons: long hours and variable shifts
Opened the store in the morning and prepared for customers. In the morning I would provide maintenance on the equipment and outside by cleaning and making sure everything turned on properly and also set up all required equipment for operation of grill position. Once opened, I work the grill and manage chicken/meat levels or work in the drive thru, collect money and hand out prepared orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team environment with multiple people around you, yet being an independent cog in a big system.
Friendly enviorment
Crew Member (Former Employee), North Sydney, NSMarch 16, 2015
I opened regularly. I would work cash and order taking, also sandwich board and bacon grill. It was great to have my first job experience with friendly motivated people.
Fun and fast workplace
General Employee (Former Employee), Pitt MeadowsMarch 16, 2015
Pros: close to my house
Cons: bad management
I worked at Wendys for a year and I loved the place. It was my first job and they manager took me in with open arms. I was trained of every aspect of the job including cashier, dishwashing, taking orders, the grill and making sandwiches. Wendy's was a very good place to work at and they gave us as many hours as we wanted but some of the managers treated us rudely and unkind. That was the hardest part of the job and eventually led me to quit.
Comfortable workplace/atmosphere
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMarch 16, 2015
Working at Wendy's taught me food preparation, customer service and communication skills as it was my first job. Management was fairly organized and responsible. My co-workers were respectful and enjoyable to work with!
its a job
Hostess (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 15, 2015
Did my job and went home. I was an opener and did prep work as well. It was an ok place to work. I don't really have anything else to say.
Fast paced environment with service,time, and customer satisfaction
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Cloverdale, BCMarch 11, 2015
Wendy's is all about quality and fast service. Wendy's management is well organized and every employee is treated with respect. Proper training and orientation of the workplace is given prior to starting the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers leave happy.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Wendy's Company

The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s – Read more

The Wendy's Company Photos