The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A wonderful team effort
Food Preparer (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good quality food.
Cons: drive thru time was unjustified.
I worked there for nine years and was very proud of our team effort. Made some good friends as well after a busy day. We use to get surprize inspections and quality control often. The owner would go to the drive through and was always happy to see the sandwich was done right with the mustard as a "W" on top. This company believes in quality that every thing is done just right.The hardest part of the job was keeping the drive thru times. If a customer sits at the menu too long we got the flack for it.
Fun place and love to help others.
Cashier (Current Employee), Langley, BCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals.
Cons: gets very tiring sometimes.
I always open the restaurant at 7:30 am and waking up is the hardest part for me. I learnt how to deal with all sorts of customers in my 5 years of working and now I can deal with any type of situation. Managers and co-workers really enjoy working with me because they say I bring energy to the work place. The part I enjoy most is when I make other people feel good and help them.
Very busy, fast paced franchise
Crew Member (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches and drinks
Cons: long hours
On your feet 7-10 hours
Learned all positions, grill being my favorite
Great staff
Hardest part of job was being on your feet past 10 hours a day
Best part working with such friendly and helpful staff
ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYMarch 2, 2015
It's an OK place to work, however, some employees are of questionable morals and behavor. I quit working there, not only because my car broke down and I had no other transportation, but because of the behavior of some of the other employees. I couldn't handle all the yelling and screaming at one another ALL the time over nothing.
productive and pleasant place to work in
Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: my position as manager
Cons: smoke that we inhale
usually i do closing shift, which includes assigning positions for employees, assigning duties for employees and supervising them through out the day. End of the day i closing all cashes and do end of the day deposits. clean up the store and make the store ready next day.
Making customers happy was the best part
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 24, 2015
The best part of the job was greeting and serving the customers. The lack of cooperation from other members of staff is what made the position there very challenging.
Slapstick comedy in the work place
Team Member (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 20, 2015
Cons: long hours, minimal breaks
I never knew what to expect walking into work. I have countless stories about the different situations I was put in. Although the job was stressful, I learned more than I have anywhere else.
nothing to say
Food attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: 50% off for food
i learned how to properly communicate with other people.

balancing your temper in each of every situation.

understanding the do's and dont
Fast paced environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Theres different positions that you can be assigned to for the day. Yo get trained for all of them when you start working. It is a must to provide the best quality food in a very short amount of time
Wendy's experience
server, cashier (Former Employee), New WestminsterFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: environment
Wendy's was my first job, working at fast food taught me good customer service and taught me how to stand on my own feet. I learned how to prepare sandwiches, made salads. I was a cashier, and kept my work environment clean.
Every morning needs a good start.
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great and friendly relationships with customers
Cons: short hours.
Typical morning, prepare chilli, setting up the kitchen, cleaning, filtering, and sanitizing everything. Stock food and utensils needed. making sure from my start time and four hours after everything is ready to make food or have enough food prepared for customers.
Its Alright
Crewmember (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: 50% off during your shift.
Cons: grease gets all over your uniform.
If you're looking for an easy part time job Wendys is the place for you!

Super simple work, and easy to work with staff.
Fast Food
Cashier (Former Employee), Leduc, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Just like any other fast food place you work hard for minimum wage, everyone wants to advance.
Great people, not great hours
Cashier/Lobby (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Great team to work with but not enough hours to make ends meet. I didn't work here for very long as I was young and needed to focus on school. Also it was a very long time ago. Also this needing to review thing is really annoying.
Good workplace for part-time job-seekers
Customer Clerk (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Part-time job seekers or high-school students like any other fast food retail stores.
versatile and generally friendly work environment
Frycook (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: meals are half price for employees
Cons: deaf ears where manager misconduct is concerned
A typical day at work differs depending on whether you had a morning or night shift, with a morning shift you start by cleaning the grills from the previous night, emptying whatever fry vat had to be cleaned the previous night, fetching any meat needed for the first pots of chilli and power washing one of three sections of the drive through followed by the basic tasks expected of a fry cook. When working a night shift tasks expected of you include possibly emptying one of four fry vats and filling it with cleaning materials, storing unused products such as chilli, nacho cheese and salsa, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning the fry vat filtration unit taking out garbage and dumping the leftover grease in the disposal unit.
Fun staff, Fun shifts.
superviser/trainer (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 13, 2015
I learned how to take control in stressful situations and how to count tills faster. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the staff who were older than me to take direction from me. I loved my co-workers.
Average workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours with little to no breaks
wendys was a great place to work loved talking to the costumers and doing everything in could to help them and make them happy
i learned how to make work sandwich station use the cash take orders for drive thru and front cash..and cleaning and closing the store

reason for leaving was co-workers/management ...
unprofessional and rude
Friendly staff
Sandwich maker (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: 50 percent off food
Cons: late night closes
Staff is Friendly and I have made good friends along the way, but i want to get out of fast food work. typical day at work includes preparing back up food to store in the fridge, making sandwiches during the rushes and cleaning up the store, and maintaining the store. Hardest part of the job is staying up til 4am cleaning up the store on night shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is consistent enjoyable work where the whole staff is working hard, but at the same time able to have fun and socialize.
na
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 7, 2015
Wendy's fast food restaurant is looking for a Shift Supervisor to join its fast-paced, energetic team!

As the Shift Supervisor, I am enjoying plenty of work-related perks such as company medical benefits, provided uniforms, meal discounts and advancement opportunities. The shift supervisor position is an entry-level supervisory position at Wendy's, so by taking on this role, I have taken my first big step to a potentially huge restaurant management career.

The ideal Shift Supervisor is a confident decision-maker who is ready to learn. The Shift Supervisor has experience in fast food and/or restaurant work and is an excellent communicator – both in written form and verbally. S/he will be willing to lead a team during each shift and assistant with training team members.Learnt how to manage crew members, leadership, inventory and management skills

1 2 3 4 5

About The Wendy's Company

The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s – Read more

The Wendy's Company Photos