The Wendy's Company
6,581 reviews

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Took orders for customers, and assisted in Restaurant tasks
Customer Service Crew Member (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMay 21, 2015
Not the greatest working environment. Usually customers resulted from being absolutely rude or unappreciated of their servers
A happy place, we usually have a Party once a year as a thanksgiving
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 20, 2015
Pros: Free meal
Cons: Different schedules
Wendy's Restaurant is a place of learning and a place where you can be more productive. Working here has given me the opportunity to make new friends
Productive and rewarding experience.
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Dundas, ONMay 18, 2015
Pros: Job security.
Cons: Distance was too far.
A typical day at work consisted of preparing many types of food, while, following many rules concerning health and safety. I learned valuable experience as a result of working at a fast paced location(located near a highway). I had to ensure that my products were carefully prepared in a small time period. This allowed me to improve on my skill to stay calm while under stress. I also improved my teamwork and communication skills. The management played an important role in ensuring that our employees work their desired hours, working certain positions, and ensuring safety throughout the location which I greatly appreciated. I worked with students approximately the same age as me. This strengthened our teamwork skills which improved productivity. Working as kitchen crew, I did not experience any difficult areas, while working at Wendy's. But being able to interact with customers was the most enjoyable part of the job. Overall, a great experience.
busy and hectic workplace
Grill Technician (Former Employee), dartmouth NSMay 14, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: managment wasnt the best
A typical day at Wendys is fast paced. The other employees were great however managment lacked in communication skills
A fun place to work
Crew (Current Employee), Prince George, B.C.May 14, 2015
I was part of the night crew, and worked under less supervision. my role required my qualities as a conscientious person. I have become adept to many kinds of new duties working at night. My coworker are good people with good team work.
Fun place to work, great staff, great teamwork
Cashier (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on meals
Cons: Only if it is before, during, or after a shift.
A typical day at Wendy's was pretty standard, you would come in, and when you started you were working right away. If you opened you would start with the morning prep, and be ready by 11 to start the lunch rush. No matter the time of the day, there was always something to do. Management was great, I have no complaints about them, same with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the days there was not enough staff, so you had to take on the extra work, but the team always came together and got it done. The part I most enjoyed about working here was, the friendliness of the staff. They are always there to make you feel better if you are having a rough day, and if you are falling behind, they are always able to help you get caught up.
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 7, 2015
Pros: %50 off a sandwich
Cons: was micromanaged
I would come to work a few days a week, 7:30 p.m.- 4 a.m.
(sometimes until 5 a.m.)
Make sandwiches, clean up the dinning area, the bathrooms, and my station, then go home.
Some co-workers were kind to me, others rude for no reason.
I had no problem with any of the tasks I was given, except for the fact that I am a college student, and working all night made my days in school difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is that it was close to my house.
Productive and working well as a team.
Cook/Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Granville,Summerside, PEIMay 6, 2015
Pros: They give out points when you complete a difficult task, or pick up an extra shift. Also free lunch when you pick up a shift.
Cons: The drama among the workplace.
A lot of kneeling and cleaning is required for this job. This job also requires handling cash and loyalty as most jobs do. The stress level is very high working at a fast food restaurant. I'm very friendly and have good relationships with all my co-workers/managers. So i would say you would definitely need to leave your emotions at the door and work as a team; which most employees do not follow. The hardest part of the job is the competitions among the other stores in PEI because the managers want their store to be the best. Therefore they push you to work hard, fast, and accurate all at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job is to connect with my costumers and always seeing them come back.
very good learning experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2015
Pros: Advancment
Cons: Different shifts
Start their as a employee and work my way up to Shift supervisor it was very good learning experience learn leadership skills how to manage employees how to manage unsatisfied client
Friendly and fun place to work
Various Positions (Former Employee), Maple, ONMay 3, 2015
- Working various roles such as sandwich maker and drive-thru collector
- Learned how to work in a team environment and how to stay calm under pressure
- Management was relaxed and fun but also professional
- Co-workers were very friendly and willing to help
- Hardest part of the job was staying calm and focused during peak hours
- Most enjoyable part of the job was having fun with co-workers and management
i love to work there every one is friendly,helpful and motivated
Works as a Grill Operator (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONMay 3, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on lunch
Cons: nothing for me
i love to work there every one is friendly,
helpful and motivated
my hardest part was cleaning the grill sheets
and i handle the rush normally
structured and fast paced working environment
Sandwich Prep and Cashier (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMay 2, 2015
With a great staff of co-workers we managed orders and sales in the most efficient way. We each worked in different positions, each with a list of tasks necessary to finish by the end of our shift. Management here had great structure.
good place to gain experience in restaurant chain
Customer Service Cashier/Team Member (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 29, 2015
Management is not good, otherwise good place to work and nice co-workers. sometimes every body is annoyed because of the in appropriate time schedule but with me its not the case I am happy with the workplace.
Overall good experiance
Team Member (Former Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCApril 28, 2015
Pros: very welcoming team member
Cons: heavy lifting
a normal day at work would include keeping the service time down reaching our goal in our extra cleaning and making sure each and every customer was happy and satisfied. i have learned team work, and how to work in a fast paced environment. management was always very on top of things and always there if you needed help or had troubles understanding anything as well as making sure you are keeping up with your responsibility. the hardest part was heavy lifting at the end of the night cleaning up at close. Most enjoyable was being apart of a team it never felt like i was ever alone we all helped eachother and worked together to make our daily goals.
Wendys workplace
Crew memeber (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 25, 2015
Pros: 50% off meal while working
Cons: poor management
Very good first job. but if you're not into the fast food business then I suggest you do not apply here. work was very easy as I would just make the food for the costumers along with keeping my area clean and outside in the parking lot.
Productive place to work in
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orleans, ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: 50% off lunches
Cons: Sometimes other staff can be rude
I worked at Wendy's for a bit over 2 years, and enjoyed every minute of it until I had to move across the city.

I learned how to be a good team player, and how to properly make burgers, salads and wraps. I gained much experience with customers and how to interact with each and everyone of them.
Very good
Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 24, 2015
Excellent place
supportive manager
friendly environment
sufficient work hours
cashier job is the most fun job at this place
Life at Wendys starts out with a fresh coffee
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 23, 2015
Every Morning at 10 am we arrived to an empty restaurant and greeted the staff on duty with a "Good Morning". As an employee of Wendys' Canada it gave me confidence, work ethic and most importantly satisfaction that when my shift was over the customers for that day were pleased with our service. We had a manager with us every shift who gave us the energy and motivation to do our work promptly but efficiently. She was our leader. We all were a team who worked together to provide the customer with there orders. We all had our own job for that day; (examples: cashier, line cooks, restaurant cleanup. ). The hardest part of the job was making sure that if a customer asks "no pickles in my cheeseburger" we wanted to be 100% he/she got "no pickles". So at Wendys communication was an integral part of our shift. At the end of the day if the customer is happy with there quality of food and service. Then we did our job.
productive and fun work place
Manager (Former Employee), WaterlooApril 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch, more responsibilities good hours
I loved all my co- workers each shift i showed up with a big hello to everyone and everyone was so caring they always showed care for everyone and it was great, we have alot of fun on shift always laughing going on our team knew when it was a good time to laugh and when to keep focused on high sales periods. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving direction and ensuring business flow, as someone who worked in customer service for 6 years i have experience and it was time i took a step up and showed my skills for a management member, a typical day at work was like a typical get together, we all knew our jobs and we knew how to get things done on time and properly
I learned my employee rights and value them highly after this entry level job.
Grill cook (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: Learning experience, eye opener, learned my worker rights and learned conflict and avoidance stratagies for conflicts and harassments
Cons: Personal infromation is left in the open, Management will abuse your ignorance of worker rights, a good wake up call of abusive workplace dynamics.
Was trained: As a cook for meat products and fries, throughout the day a steady stream of people came to eat, while at lunch time it was always busy.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Wendy's Company

The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s – Read more

The Wendy's Company Photos