The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,081 reviews matching the search
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
-Good place to work as part time
- Learned the management skilss
-Great workplace culture
- Hardest part of the job would be late night and weekend hours
Great coworkers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 May 2017
My experience at Wendy's was pleasant overall. I worked under an amazing set of managers. Our specific location wasn't as pleasant as the other ones and there were many times customers were rude to me as a cashier. Overall, tolerable.
Worth it, not for long term.
BOH OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2017
It was enough of a job to get me through but there's nothing about it that's particularly surprising or special. It was fast paced, good staff, hard work, what else can I say?
Pros
discounted food, amazing staff
Cons
lots of pressure, low pay
Very Nice
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg ON17 May 2017
I enjoyed working at Wendys' a lot. Everyone was Very Friendly. I worked there for three years and met many good people. It was a bit hectic at times, but in the long run it was a great place to start.
Pros
workable hours, discount food, easy work
Cons
very hot
it is well organized
Sandwich Maker ,fry station and grille (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL17 May 2017
I think wendys got a nice organization and their people ae well organized as well as their care for the food for customers it is on time and with such great organization
Pros
great environment and half discount
Cons
managers aren't the best
review
Cashier, Drive-thru Cashier, and Fast Food Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
it was a very fast passed environment. Very nice employees to work with. i really enjoyed my job. i had to leave because i was going to university. i loved it
Productive and fun place to work with my co-workers
Grill Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 May 2017
Always learning something new.

The hardest part of the job is the time management. If one person gets behind then everybody gets behind.

The teamwork makes it enjoyable to be there.
great work place fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC15 May 2017
great food lots of enjoyable people to work with, aswell you get a 50 percent off discount on the menu which is nice. and the schedules and managers are very easy going.
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 May 2017
Wendy's has a very welcoming environment to both customers and employees. They have flexible hours and positive as well as hard working managers. They teach about efficiency and getting the job done well the first time. Sometimes the number of customers gets disheartening, but the team works together and gets it all done quickly and well.
Pros
Amazing managers.
Cons
Not enough hours on nonbusy times.
Healthy work environment,
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2017
Working at Wendy's I found the people I worked with had become like a second family. I enjoyed coming to work, and working as a team. The hardest thing I had to cover come while working at Wendy's was learning the menu, but once I had memorized it the job went very smoothly.
Pros
discounts on lunches.
productive and fun work place
Cashier, cook. stocking, (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK12 May 2017
i had a good experince at wendy's for the first couple years. but after awhile it wasn't up to par and i needed something new, the building itself needs to be maintainted. i was no longer able to stay there anylonger, i didnt have to much complaints about the staff, but just the supervisors, gotta work more as a team then individuals, if they responded and care more of there workers things would of been ok, the salary isnt s good as i wanted but hours were ok and flexible enough. i couldnt personally see myself going back to wendy's but i did enjoy the most of what i had to offer there and hopefully from what i have learned in the store i will be able to bring to my next job if not hope to learn more
Pros
hours were good enough
Cons
some of the workers, workplace needs to be redone
Good working atmosphere
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
Working the late night shift here was amazingly fun. I enjoyed everything form the training to the fry and nugget station. Working with down to earth people made it easy to get work done.
producitve and busy
Cashier/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB12 May 2017
i kind of enjoyed working at wendys but one thing is that they need to have more freindly workers and speak english in the work place , so that we can all have an understanding.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
busy days
A very team-oriented workplace for hard-workers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  112-444 58 Avenue SE, Calgary, AB T2H 0P412 May 2017
First, it is necessary for Employees to be dressed in the proper uniforms and shoes when they go on shift (shoes are very important, If there is a grease spill then someone could get hurt). Once the crew member is ready for the day, they go about preparing the food for the lunch rush. That could be anything from chopping the lettuce for the salads to making sure that the sandwich station is stocked. It largely depends on what was left-over to do from the day before. When the first wave comes, everyone needs to be at their stations and working hard and fast to ensure that the line is kept moving both inside the restaurant and in the drive-through. Teamwork is the first thing that you learn to priorities while working at Wendy's, as everyone's job is the key to having a functioning restaurant. Through my experience of the workplace, it can be very tense during the peak hours, yet the slower times can be a bit dull. It is hard to find something to do, but usually there is always something that needs to be done if you are willing to look hard enough.
Pros
Discounted meals, friendly managers, good training
Cons
Unmotivated Crew-members, called too many times off-shift
Fun Coworkers, poor management
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Montreal rue Decarie9 May 2017
This workplace had some serious management problems. Some of the managers were so incredibly authoritarian that it made work unpleasant and caused a lot of employees to lose respect for the job and the company, while other managers did very little which lead to some serious motivation problems. Despite all this, I still enjoyed working there because it allowed me to interact with customers and coworkers.
Pros
lunch discount, flexible hours
Almost always busy workplace, terrible managment
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB9 May 2017
The average day at Wendy's consists of getting assigned to what you are going to do the second you walk in and having no clue what it was you were going to be doing beforehand (The managers always seem to put you in your least favourite position) and then it's off to the hustle and bustle of the work day. The drive thru times that the company expects you to get are ludicrously low and basically impossible to reach especially with customers taking as long as they want to order. This creates a problem because then the drive through starts backing up and no one is getting through and your drive thru times are screwed up for the rest of your shift. Overall the environment is much too stressful for the average person and I do not recommend working here.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management doesn't really care about what you want to be scheduled for, only one 30 minute break, no 15's.
Great entry level job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 May 2017
It was a good first job for me, easy for me to balance schoolwork, dance and work with the managers being flexible with my hours. Customers could be difficult sometimes but that's expected at fast food.
Fantastic employees to work with.
Customer service/ food prep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 May 2017
It is a great place to work. Assistant management out up with a lot more then what their job requirements are. Ownership of the one I was at was very unorganized and lazy.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Lazy ownership and management by the GM Didn't evem know that I quit until my last shift.
Fun work place most of the time
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 May 2017
Wendy's is an alright job for a first job for high school students. The atmosphere is very closed in and a little cluster phobic at times but is over all a decent job for high school students to get a job experience.
Pros
Co-workers are very friendly
Cons
After midnight closes for highschool students
It's not a terrible place too work if you can deal with all the staff that hasn't had the proper training
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL7 May 2017
This wouldn't be so bad if the management made up for the staff but they are worse and in ways that they will talk behind your back and try to get you in trouble over nothing, this is coming from a current manager here, the worst part is that the owner had no clue what he's doing he's the most immature out of anyone there, now this is only the location in mount pearl
Pros
Easier job
Cons
Terrible people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9