The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in Canada

good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
taking orders
preparing and giving orders as soon as possible
making sure customers leaving happy.
very friendly co-workers
Friendly, High Pace, Team work
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 26, 2016
Mostly Friendly Environment, given responsibility in training new employees loved helping, Wonderful Customers, Great Co workers and i loved working at Wendy's.
Pros
Customers and the Managers
Cons
Not enough hours and super late nights
Proactive work environment.
Grill Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONApril 26, 2016
At Wendy's I am always a busy bee, never resting and constantly getting tasks done.
Morning opens I clean around the fryer stations, behind, above and below them, then once that is done they must be filtered twice daily. Putting together the double sided grill (DSG) and cleaning it from the day prior. Preparing product, bacon, potatos, and 5 different types of chicken must be cooked and ready by opening time. Work station must be stocked, organized, clean, and sanitary before leaving the position for the next Grill Operator. I've learned how to manage numbers very well with the product on hand, and also how to communicate with my crew to get jobs done right or rebuild product before it runs out. The shift supervisors keep things running smoothly and will help each crew out that is struggling and will demonstrate how if necessary.

Working hard to get tasks done while keeping the product running smoothly on line can be a challenge during certain times but it's no worry after some experience.
Making sure the order is correct, properly cooked and having the customer satisfied and impressed is one of the best feelings about the job.
Pros
Half off each meal during the time we are scheduled.
Cons
Lacking hours needed.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 26, 2016
When I worked with Wendy's, it was great. For the most part the employees were great, and management was amazing.

Now that I don't work with Wendy's, I see that some of the stores are going downhill, especially with the professionalism of their employees.

The hardest part of the job would have to have been the fact that I was the youngest person working there.. I wasnt able to do anything without someone else assisting me.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have been meeting new people, learning new things, and learning how to both manage my time properly as well as multitask to get things done properly and quickly
Pros
Great people to work for and with
Cons
Too young to do anything
Fun place to work teaches patience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bovaird and MclaughlinApril 25, 2016
Working at wendy's has definitely taught me great customer service, especially working at time when there are huge lines and long rushes; being the cashier there were many times where I was yelled at customers and I learnt that no matter what to just keep smiling
Pros
Getting to work with really nice people as well as serving nice customers
Cons
serving customers who would yell at you for no reason
Lack of respect for employee's
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 25, 2016
Managers, often yell at you and talk down to you.
Don't respect you as a person.
No flexibility with scheduling or days off.
Work you to the max.
Zero toleration for mistakes no matter how small.
Long hours.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Horrible Managers, Super Long Shifts, Lots of work
The work is great
Cashier/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 23, 2016
The work is great, The company is well established, the people I worked with were awesome, because they were friendly and tea oriented.
Wendys corp is better than privately run stores
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 23, 2016
When I worked for corp everything was better, pay, hours, coworkers. The customers were rude and nasty but that comes with the business. Privately owned wendys dont care about anyone but to put money in their pocket. The hours suck, the money the gyp your pay, they dont pay you for over time they treat the crew like garbage and expect you to bend over backwards for them, No loyality
Pros
The business is great, friendly, fast, food tastes great
Cons
there is alot of drama
Wendys
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 20, 2016
-A typical day at Wendy would be, 7am show up and get the restaurant set up before we open, Work hard and leave at 4pm.

-I learned working at a fast food place is that you have to deal with customers getting angry or mad, But always have a smile on your face.

-The most enjoyable part of this job was that i could talk and interact with the customers in stand of just keeping quite.
Pros
50% off
Cons
not treated well
it is easy working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 19, 2016
experience was good, learned about customer service tips. workmates were very supportive. this job increased my confidence as before i was not good at dealing with people.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
busy, difficult to take breaks
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 19, 2016
Wendys was a fast food job , but i wasnt the one capabale of handling the grill. The people i work with was really fun. When it gets busy, it is really dififcult to deal with the grill itself
Pros
50%
Cons
Wendy's overall in my experience is an exeptional workplace to start out and grow as an individual as well as a team member.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 18, 2016
A typical day for myself at Wendy's would start in the evening, most crew members and other management disperse when i arrive. I take the initiative to prepare the crew, as well as prep all areas to be rush ready before i begin nightly cleaning. There seems to be a lot to do, in a small time frame, given very few crew members. I have learned to take charge, speak up, solve problems as accurately and efficiently as possible to get tasks completed. As for the environment, crew members as well as management tend to become close; like a family, which makes the work environment atmosphere very fun at the appropriate times.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
very few approved days off
Only good if your looking for your first job
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONApril 18, 2016
The pay is minimum wage at best, there's little benefits, you do get a discount on their fast food, the hours are all over the place sometimes and can be stressful at times on busy days. but all in all it is a wonderful environment for those that are looking for their first job, great co workers awesome managers and great christmas events, perfect for those that are just looking for part time work.
Pros
discount on meals, good social environment, and christmas events
Cons
hours are not consistent, stressful when busy, minimum benefits
Wendy's Restuarant, New Liskeard
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONApril 16, 2016
When I was a crew leader at Wendy's Restaurant, New Liskeard, I had a great opportunity at taking an authoritative position.
The general manager was awesome! Very easy going and resolved conflict professionally. He made every work shift enjoyable and showed great motivation and appreciation to his staff members.
Lots of drama with minimal pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 15, 2016
Younger employees so lots of gossip and management does;t do anything to curb it. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Good place to work, friendly people, great bosses
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONApril 13, 2016
It was a very busy place to work. The regular customers there are great people and just make your day . I managed there and the rest of the management team were good people and we felt like a great team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the upset customers, but I would always make sure they were leaving happy. The best part of the job was the management team and crew. Everybody for the most part got along great and we all fit like puzzle pieces. I have taken great work ethics and lessons way from that place, like customer satisfaction, and positions of authority.
Pros
free food, good people
Cons
upset cutomers, and free food lol
fast paste
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 13, 2016
the environment was very fast paste you had to be on the ball at all times, ensure your dinning room was clean and organized, re-stock condiment, and operate cash register and handle money
Pros
discounts on amusement parks
Cons
very fast and on the go all the time
Hardworking and fun environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
-Managers were nice and helpful
-Learned how to maintain the cooking equipment within the restaurant
-Unload and organize food shipments
-Friendly environment
Good management.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 13, 2016
A good place to get experience from. The management is good and very flexible with hours since I'm still a student. There are times that it is very stressful due to its fast food aspect but overall, it's a good starter job.
Pros
Food Discount
Fast Paced Environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 12, 2016
I learnt about how to prioritize and manage my free time effectively. Also I learnt that every tiny task goes a long way and contributes to the entire restaurant effectiveness and efficiency.