The Wendy's Company
7,023 reviews

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Employee discount for 1 meal
Cons: Unorganized
During my employment at Wendys the days went by quickly. It was a very fun work environment and everybody go along well. Management was awesome if you had any questions or problems you could go to them and it would be fixed or resolved quickly.
Shift Supervisor Review
Shift Manager (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Manager Free Meals
Cons: Shift Work (short time between shifts)
I enjoyed working with this company. The atmosphere is always friendly and positive with excellent room to move up within the company or simply stay as a crew member.
great place to work, and great customers.
Cook, cashier (Former Employee), Kelowna, & Rutland, BCJuly 15, 2015
fast paced, good co-workers, great customers most of the time, life is what you make of it. Would like to work there again.
Disgusting
Burger boy (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Nobody spoke english well.
Flipped burgers, made fries, made chili, served customers, ensured the drive thru was running smooth all day/night Enjoyed free food every once In a while when offered by manager.
Reached our goal of the day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 6, 2015
The typical day at work is Friday that's our busy day especially when its pay day, I learned to communicate different attitude of people, my co-workers I'm having fun to work with them and the most we are all happy when we reached the goal of the day.
Fun and full of aspiring people
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free Meal
Cons: Shifting Schedule
A day usually starts by knowing the store's performances the day before such as sales and labor reports. Finding out the good or bad incidents that occurred and using that information to decide the goal for the day and use it to coach certain people in the store. Also, I manage to ask how everybody is doing, and ask for any concerns regarding the store.

The hardest part is dealing with customer complaints, as we always try to protect the company's interest and show empathy to customers as well. As much as possible, we don't want the customers to feel bad and win them back.

Most enjoyable is working with people that consistently do their best in giving great customer experience and working as a team. Even in the busiest days, it's not that stressful when everyone is having fun in doing their work.
great environment and people to work with.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2015
a typical work day consists of coming in and stocking up my work area with the items i will need to get through the day.

I have learned to be more patient with people and gained organizational skills.

the management was nice, however not fair to workers with seniority as it was difficult to gain more hours through out a work week.

the most enjoyably part of my job was making customers happy and seeing them walk away with a smile.
I loved marketing for Honda
research assistant at University of Toronto Work (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: Worked with smart people
Cons: None
It was a privilege to work and learn the systems for Honda dealerships and create online marketing campaigns. Scripts and lead follow up was also fun, i learned how to be a professional marketer.
Productive and busy work environment
Cashier, Food Handler (Former Employee), mississauga OntarioJune 30, 2015
Pros: half price discount
Cons: long hours
While working at Wendy's Restaurant you have to be very hard working, always make sure the customers are happy with the service that's provided. Excellent team player, also the hardest part of the job is when a customer enter the drive thru you have to be very fast space. I enjoyed working with customers and making sure they are provided with the right service that they are receiving.
Very fun and knowladgeble
Crew Member (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 28, 2015
Wendys is a really good restaurant to work. Very flexible hours and having fun working with people around me. Not really a hassle job once you have some experience.
Positive work environment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 25, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable work environment.
Cons: Not enough hours
During my time working at Wendy's I was able to get used to the work culture. At the time i started as a dinning room/ back room cleaner and eventually got promoted to line cook. When i finally ended my time at Wendy's do to school. Overall my time at Wendy's was enjoyable and rich with experiences.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), OttawaJune 25, 2015
Pros: Half price on anything in the menu.
Cons: Not enough hours
When I would not be taking orders in the cashier, I would be in the dinning room cleaning tables, filling up the condiment stand.
Co-workers were all very friendly, some conflict between a couple people but ended up working well.
Managers were also very nice.
I'd have to say the hardest part would've been when we would get really busy on rush hour, making sure i'm not punching any wrong orders in.
The most enjoyable part i'd say is meeting new people at work, everyone is very friendly and welcoming.
Good positive work environment, with great team work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free meals and lots of training
Cons: Lots of overtime hours while on salary
Working as an assistant manager at wendys has been very beneficial. I've learned a lot of great and valuable skills and lots of experience in customer service and management. Each shift i work i successfully run the shift, meaning i manage the product levels, waste control, managing the productivity of the staff while meeting sales and service times. My shifts are run at a 90% or higher level of success. The management is very helpful with training and making sure the staff and other managers have the tools and skills they need to succeed. The crew and my co-workers are always friends and easy to get along with. I am a people person which helps create good bonds with my other co-workers.
The hardest part of the job id have to say would be being able to cope with the stress that comes with such a fast paced job. Hitting service time goals as well as delivering fast and friendly service can be quite the challenge but i feel i have succeeded in being able to maintain a good balance between the two during each shift i work.
The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the people i work with, and being able to make the customers day better by giving them the high quality service that they expect from our restaurant.
Good place for a first job: friendly people, fresh food!
Part-time Cashier (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Clean work environment
Cons: Breaks: 30 min break for every 6 hours of work and all breaks are unpaid.
As a part time front till cashier at Wendy's I generally work 9-15 hours each week. I am paid student salary ($10.30/hour). The duties included in this job are typical cleaning jobs such as bathrooms and dining area as well as one ot two bigger cleaning jobs each week; getting drinks, bagging food, and working with the public. Management was good most of the time, all of the managers are really good people. The coworkers were all friendly and inviting for me as well. For every shift employees are given at 50% discount when spending less than $10. The hardest part of the job was cleaning. The cleaning is endless, making it a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job, for myself at least, was working with the public. I enjoy helping others and I believe in good service. This job has helped improve many transferable skills such as communication, teamwork, numeracy, and listening skills.
A flexible work for students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJune 9, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: stressful during rush times (lunch, dinner)
This job is a fast paced that can be stressful at times. Attention to detail is necessary in order to ensure the customer receives their order with excellent speed and quality.
review
CASHIER (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 7, 2015
good place, learnt a lot about people's taste and likings. didnt like the way some employees were treated by higher employees.
it is a fun work place, although there is a lot of drama and a lot of competition of hours as there is too many people working at the store.
Crew Trainer/ Worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: I get most of the hours i would like, friendly environment.
Cons: It is a dirty job, i wash a lot of dirty things, you get on your hands and knees which i do not mind but its not worth the pay.
A typical day at work would be to come at 4pm and take orders at the drive thru window, make the drinks, collect money at the cash register, and hand out the order. On top of that i have a responsibility to make prep for the next days shift such as catsup bottles etc, as well i wash all the dishes and clean up the sink area at the end of the night. I leave around 1am. I learned a lot from people working there. I learned to how to help the company make more profit by up-selling, as well to handle customers who are unsatisfied. I have a huge personality and that is why over a few months i have my regular customers who i have learned their orders off my memory, they come in every few days.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 1, 2015
•Received orders and payments by cash, cheques, credit card and handled cash accurately;
•Collaborated with other employees to increase customer satisfaction;
•Provided customer service to solve any issues present;
•Managed day to day business operations.
4/5
cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ON, and Ancaster, ONMay 31, 2015
Pros: Discounts, friendly environment
Cons: stressful lunch hours
The job is fairly easy and the employees are wonderful when you all get along and put aside the stressers. Managers and employees usually get their work done in a reasonable time and make it a great place to work at.
Not A Fun Place
Crew Member/Team Leader (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: management
- typically management is paid so low that they have trouble keeping good help. 12 dollars an hour to be a manager. It's not worth it at all. Hours are long and the District manager is breathing down your neck constantly. This is not a job I recommend for anyone over the age of 20, even for managers.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Wendy's Company

The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s – Read more

The Wendy's Company Photos

This is a older Wendy's building but it looks just like the one I worked for.
Wendy's Frosty