The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive work environment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 25, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable work environment.
Cons: Not enough hours
During my time working at Wendy's I was able to get used to the work culture. At the time i started as a dinning room/ back room cleaner and eventually got promoted to line cook. When i finally ended my time at Wendy's do to school. Overall my time at Wendy's was enjoyable and rich with experiences.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), OttawaJune 25, 2015
Pros: Half price on anything in the menu.
Cons: Not enough hours
When I would not be taking orders in the cashier, I would be in the dinning room cleaning tables, filling up the condiment stand.
Co-workers were all very friendly, some conflict between a couple people but ended up working well.
Managers were also very nice.
I'd have to say the hardest part would've been when we would get really busy on rush hour, making sure i'm not punching any wrong orders in.
The most enjoyable part i'd say is meeting new people at work, everyone is very friendly and welcoming.
Good positive work environment, with great team work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free meals and lots of training
Cons: Lots of overtime hours while on salary
Working as an assistant manager at wendys has been very beneficial. I've learned a lot of great and valuable skills and lots of experience in customer service and management. Each shift i work i successfully run the shift, meaning i manage the product levels, waste control, managing the productivity of the staff while meeting sales and service times. My shifts are run at a 90% or higher level of success. The management is very helpful with training and making sure the staff and other managers have the tools and skills they need to succeed. The crew and my co-workers are always friends and easy to get along with. I am a people person which helps create good bonds with my other co-workers.
The hardest part of the job id have to say would be being able to cope with the stress that comes with such a fast paced job. Hitting service time goals as well as delivering fast and friendly service can be quite the challenge but i feel i have succeeded in being able to maintain a good balance between the two during each shift i work.
The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the people i work with, and being able to make the customers day better by giving them the high quality service that they expect from our restaurant.
Good place for a first job: friendly people, fresh food!
Part-time Cashier (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Clean work environment
Cons: Breaks: 30 min break for every 6 hours of work and all breaks are unpaid.
As a part time front till cashier at Wendy's I generally work 9-15 hours each week. I am paid student salary ($10.30/hour). The duties included in this job are typical cleaning jobs such as bathrooms and dining area as well as one ot two bigger cleaning jobs each week; getting drinks, bagging food, and working with the public. Management was good most of the time, all of the managers are really good people. The coworkers were all friendly and inviting for me as well. For every shift employees are given at 50% discount when spending less than $10. The hardest part of the job was cleaning. The cleaning is endless, making it a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job, for myself at least, was working with the public. I enjoy helping others and I believe in good service. This job has helped improve many transferable skills such as communication, teamwork, numeracy, and listening skills.
A flexible work for students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJune 9, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: stressful during rush times (lunch, dinner)
This job is a fast paced that can be stressful at times. Attention to detail is necessary in order to ensure the customer receives their order with excellent speed and quality.
review
CASHIER (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 7, 2015
good place, learnt a lot about people's taste and likings. didnt like the way some employees were treated by higher employees.
it is a fun work place, although there is a lot of drama and a lot of competition of hours as there is too many people working at the store.
Crew Trainer/ Worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: I get most of the hours i would like, friendly environment.
Cons: It is a dirty job, i wash a lot of dirty things, you get on your hands and knees which i do not mind but its not worth the pay.
A typical day at work would be to come at 4pm and take orders at the drive thru window, make the drinks, collect money at the cash register, and hand out the order. On top of that i have a responsibility to make prep for the next days shift such as catsup bottles etc, as well i wash all the dishes and clean up the sink area at the end of the night. I leave around 1am. I learned a lot from people working there. I learned to how to help the company make more profit by up-selling, as well to handle customers who are unsatisfied. I have a huge personality and that is why over a few months i have my regular customers who i have learned their orders off my memory, they come in every few days.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 1, 2015
•Received orders and payments by cash, cheques, credit card and handled cash accurately;
•Collaborated with other employees to increase customer satisfaction;
•Provided customer service to solve any issues present;
•Managed day to day business operations.
4/5
cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ON, and Ancaster, ONMay 31, 2015
Pros: Discounts, friendly environment
Cons: stressful lunch hours
The job is fairly easy and the employees are wonderful when you all get along and put aside the stressers. Managers and employees usually get their work done in a reasonable time and make it a great place to work at.
Not A Fun Place
Crew Member/Team Leader (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: management
- typically management is paid so low that they have trouble keeping good help. 12 dollars an hour to be a manager. It's not worth it at all. Hours are long and the District manager is breathing down your neck constantly. This is not a job I recommend for anyone over the age of 20, even for managers.
Decent first job
Grill Cook & Fry Cook (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 23, 2015
Pros: 50% discount once a day
Cons: Hot workplace
Air conditioning was constantly breaking making work nearly unbearably hot in the summer months. Did not take kindly to asking for time off, even for legitimate reasons.
Took orders for customers, and assisted in Restaurant tasks
Customer Service Crew Member (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMay 21, 2015
Not the greatest working environment. Usually customers resulted from being absolutely rude or unappreciated of their servers
A happy place, we usually have a Party once a year as a thanksgiving
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 20, 2015
Pros: Free meal
Cons: Different schedules
Wendy's Restaurant is a place of learning and a place where you can be more productive. Working here has given me the opportunity to make new friends
Productive and rewarding experience.
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Dundas, ONMay 18, 2015
Pros: Job security.
Cons: Distance was too far.
A typical day at work consisted of preparing many types of food, while, following many rules concerning health and safety. I learned valuable experience as a result of working at a fast paced location(located near a highway). I had to ensure that my products were carefully prepared in a small time period. This allowed me to improve on my skill to stay calm while under stress. I also improved my teamwork and communication skills. The management played an important role in ensuring that our employees work their desired hours, working certain positions, and ensuring safety throughout the location which I greatly appreciated. I worked with students approximately the same age as me. This strengthened our teamwork skills which improved productivity. Working as kitchen crew, I did not experience any difficult areas, while working at Wendy's. But being able to interact with customers was the most enjoyable part of the job. Overall, a great experience.
busy and hectic workplace
Grill Technician (Former Employee), dartmouth NSMay 14, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: managment wasnt the best
A typical day at Wendys is fast paced. The other employees were great however managment lacked in communication skills
A fun place to work
Crew (Current Employee), Prince George, B.C.May 14, 2015
I was part of the night crew, and worked under less supervision. my role required my qualities as a conscientious person. I have become adept to many kinds of new duties working at night. My coworker are good people with good team work.
Fun place to work, great staff, great teamwork
Cashier (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on meals
Cons: Only if it is before, during, or after a shift.
A typical day at Wendy's was pretty standard, you would come in, and when you started you were working right away. If you opened you would start with the morning prep, and be ready by 11 to start the lunch rush. No matter the time of the day, there was always something to do. Management was great, I have no complaints about them, same with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the days there was not enough staff, so you had to take on the extra work, but the team always came together and got it done. The part I most enjoyed about working here was, the friendliness of the staff. They are always there to make you feel better if you are having a rough day, and if you are falling behind, they are always able to help you get caught up.
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 7, 2015
Pros: %50 off a sandwich
Cons: was micromanaged
I would come to work a few days a week, 7:30 p.m.- 4 a.m.
(sometimes until 5 a.m.)
Make sandwiches, clean up the dinning area, the bathrooms, and my station, then go home.
Some co-workers were kind to me, others rude for no reason.
I had no problem with any of the tasks I was given, except for the fact that I am a college student, and working all night made my days in school difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is that it was close to my house.
Productive and working well as a team.
Cook/Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Granville,Summerside, PEIMay 6, 2015
Pros: They give out points when you complete a difficult task, or pick up an extra shift. Also free lunch when you pick up a shift.
Cons: The drama among the workplace.
A lot of kneeling and cleaning is required for this job. This job also requires handling cash and loyalty as most jobs do. The stress level is very high working at a fast food restaurant. I'm very friendly and have good relationships with all my co-workers/managers. So i would say you would definitely need to leave your emotions at the door and work as a team; which most employees do not follow. The hardest part of the job is the competitions among the other stores in PEI because the managers want their store to be the best. Therefore they push you to work hard, fast, and accurate all at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job is to connect with my costumers and always seeing them come back.
very good learning experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2015
Pros: Advancment
Cons: Different shifts
Start their as a employee and work my way up to Shift supervisor it was very good learning experience learn leadership skills how to manage employees how to manage unsatisfied client

1 2 3 4 5

About The Wendy's Company

The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s – Read more

The Wendy's Company Photos

This is a older Wendy's building but it looks just like the one I worked for.
Wendy's Frosty