The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
customer service
opening manager (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMarch 23, 2015
loved this job and moved up fast I became a manager within a few months and the hours were awesome because I was the opening manager. The management and co workers were awesome to work with.
Overall, good environment
Grill/Cashier (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: 50% discount when working
Cons: long hours and variable shifts
Opened the store in the morning and prepared for customers. In the morning I would provide maintenance on the equipment and outside by cleaning and making sure everything turned on properly and also set up all required equipment for operation of grill position. Once opened, I work the grill and manage chicken/meat levels or work in the drive thru, collect money and hand out prepared orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team environment with multiple people around you, yet being an independent cog in a big system.
Friendly enviorment
Crew Member (Former Employee), North Sydney, NSMarch 16, 2015
I opened regularly. I would work cash and order taking, also sandwich board and bacon grill. It was great to have my first job experience with friendly motivated people.
Fun and fast workplace
General Employee (Former Employee), Pitt MeadowsMarch 16, 2015
Pros: close to my house
Cons: bad management
I worked at Wendys for a year and I loved the place. It was my first job and they manager took me in with open arms. I was trained of every aspect of the job including cashier, dishwashing, taking orders, the grill and making sandwiches. Wendy's was a very good place to work at and they gave us as many hours as we wanted but some of the managers treated us rudely and unkind. That was the hardest part of the job and eventually led me to quit.
Comfortable workplace/atmosphere
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMarch 16, 2015
Working at Wendy's taught me food preparation, customer service and communication skills as it was my first job. Management was fairly organized and responsible. My co-workers were respectful and enjoyable to work with!
its a job
Hostess (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 15, 2015
Did my job and went home. I was an opener and did prep work as well. It was an ok place to work. I don't really have anything else to say.
Fast paced environment with service,time, and customer satisfaction
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Cloverdale, BCMarch 11, 2015
Wendy's is all about quality and fast service. Wendy's management is well organized and every employee is treated with respect. Proper training and orientation of the workplace is given prior to starting the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers leave happy.
its a great environment to work in and the crew i just love them
Cashier & Grill Man (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: -good opportunities to interact with customers
Cons: -poor opportunities for advancement
I had quite a busy day. I started at 8 am, i put potatoes in the over, started prep, set up stations, did dishes, made chili, and stocked up the food line. I also took orders, handled cash and communicated with other employees as well as customers. I was moved to front counter where I was mostly just taking orders, but would help in other places, clean, organize, stock and prep.
I learned how to multitask.
the management there was fantastic.
My co-workers were also great people.
Hardest part of the job was getting used to doing so many things at once. However, once I got used to it, I missed the rush when I was moved to a different position.
Most enjoyable part of the job was both the customers and the co-workers
fun people to work with
Crew Member (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONMarch 7, 2015
Pros: flexable shifts
Cons: broken equipement
go in and prep for the shift then open store and serve the customers, or make the orders etc. hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed. most enjoyable part was the friends I made. My co-workers were fun to work with.
Great people
Customer Service/ drive-thru/ front counter (Former Employee), BarrieMarch 5, 2015
I had quite a busy day. I started at 9 am, i put potatoes in the over, started prep, set up stations, did dishes, made chili, and stocked up the food line. I also took orders, handled cash and communicated with other employees as well as customers. I was moved to front counter where I was mostly just taking orders, but would help in other places, clean, organize, stock and prep.
I learned how to multitask.
the management there was fantastic.
My co-workers were also great people.
Most enjoyable part of the job was both the customers and the co-workers.
Great experience
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Saint Albert ABMarch 5, 2015
Pros: evening
Cons: 6:00 pm onwards
At first it was hard to communicate, like an ambiance, and culture. But as time goes on the work is getting lighter and lighter, because the more you know the person you are working, I am getting along with them. And even attach to them even their personal problems were talking. The work is getting stress if I didn't enjoy it, but as long as I enjoy my work I didn't felt too much stress.
A lot of learning
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: inadequate pay for hard work
Since I have recently begun working for Wendy's and therefore I wont be able to write that much. But it is surely a fun place to start, make connections with the locals and know about Canadian way of living and working. It is a fast food restaurant and the jobs are usually rotated one very day basis. What I liked so far is that the management is willing to teach everything to everyone.
A wonderful team effort
Food Preparer (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good quality food.
Cons: drive thru time was unjustified.
I worked there for nine years and was very proud of our team effort. Made some good friends as well after a busy day. We use to get surprize inspections and quality control often. The owner would go to the drive through and was always happy to see the sandwich was done right with the mustard as a "W" on top. This company believes in quality that every thing is done just right.The hardest part of the job was keeping the drive thru times. If a customer sits at the menu too long we got the flack for it.
Fun place and love to help others.
Cashier (Current Employee), Langley, BCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals.
Cons: gets very tiring sometimes.
I always open the restaurant at 7:30 am and waking up is the hardest part for me. I learnt how to deal with all sorts of customers in my 5 years of working and now I can deal with any type of situation. Managers and co-workers really enjoy working with me because they say I bring energy to the work place. The part I enjoy most is when I make other people feel good and help them.
Very busy, fast paced franchise
Crew Member (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches and drinks
Cons: long hours
On your feet 7-10 hours
Learned all positions, grill being my favorite
Great staff
Hardest part of job was being on your feet past 10 hours a day
Best part working with such friendly and helpful staff
ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYMarch 2, 2015
It's an OK place to work, however, some employees are of questionable morals and behavor. I quit working there, not only because my car broke down and I had no other transportation, but because of the behavior of some of the other employees. I couldn't handle all the yelling and screaming at one another ALL the time over nothing.
productive and pleasant place to work in
Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: my position as manager
Cons: smoke that we inhale
usually i do closing shift, which includes assigning positions for employees, assigning duties for employees and supervising them through out the day. End of the day i closing all cashes and do end of the day deposits. clean up the store and make the store ready next day.
Making customers happy was the best part
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 24, 2015
The best part of the job was greeting and serving the customers. The lack of cooperation from other members of staff is what made the position there very challenging.
Slapstick comedy in the work place
Team Member (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 20, 2015
Cons: long hours, minimal breaks
I never knew what to expect walking into work. I have countless stories about the different situations I was put in. Although the job was stressful, I learned more than I have anywhere else.
nothing to say
Food attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: 50% off for food
i learned how to properly communicate with other people.

balancing your temper in each of every situation.

understanding the do's and dont

1 2 3 4 5

About The Wendy's Company

The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s – Read more

The Wendy's Company Photos