The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Great place but bad management and no advancement opportunities
All positions (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON3 November 2016
This is a great first job but has absolutely no advancement opportunities, barely any raises and either too little hours or way too many. The restaurant just recently got fully staffed after a serious employee shortage but still isn't running great due to poor management.
Pros
Great Crew
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Fast-paced with flexible hours, pay is okay for what it is but good benefits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON4 June 2016
Great boss, mostly friendly & competent coworkers, decent pay and good benefits for supervisors/managers. Also flexible hours which is really nice.

Can get really hot in there though and stressful at times (typical of customer service especially food service). Some of the hours are pretty long in the summer (open later) and the constant hand washing can hurt some people's skin. There is some room for advancement especially if you apply yourself you'll be noticed and rewarded. Your general manager makes all the difference! Also the benefits at this location for the supervisors/managers are great.
Pros
discounted/free meals, flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
hot, stressful, customers, sometimes long hours
Great first job but not a suitable job to be in after many years
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 October 2016
Management is friendly and great to the crew but are totally under paid. Hard work should be paid accordingly and there was no raises being given, ever.
Pros
Free lunch, great management, nice friendly people
Cons
Low pay rate, long hours, low staff levels
there is no fun
Cashier and Grill (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2016
i have been working in wendys long time and i worked hard with no recognition in either way for example in two years i got .25 cents an hour raise and no promotion - the people who joined after me they promoted but not me.

when i asked for the transfer i have been harrased gy the GM of the store i felt quitting but i can't i need to support the family. the main thing is so called general manager is ruining the reputation of the store and the brand wendys. there no one in head office to take care of this.
i don't work in a company where i don't get satifaction.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours to work with
Fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 July 2016
Wendy's, delicious food and great management. Working at Wendy's was the best six months of my life. I was able to come into work, get caught up on what needs to be done and work with awesome people. One of my favorite things at Wendy's was I was able to meet different people who shared the same interest as myself. We were able to connect, which made work go by so quick. Management was able to give me my requested shifts and book the days off when needed; this was great as a was going to school at the same time. I highly suggest those who need a part-time or full-time job (as they have permanent benefits, for those who need it.)
Pros
Half off meals
Cons
Lots of cleaning
not the best work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 August 2016
Wendy's doesn't give you enough hours, i was sick for 4 days and they fired me for the sick days due to my doctor being away. manager isn't understanding, the management isn't good and the pay isn't much and there's no benefits either. I wasn't satisfied with working here.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Short shifts low pay
Productive and Friendly Staff
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2016
Overall I think that I learned what it's like to have a hard job, expectations had to be met no matter what. Everyone on the job seemed friendly and was always there to give a helping hand. Management was always there to help. The hardest part of the job was always having to stay later than I expected. I do think that the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet people who I was able to connect with
Pros
Meeting new eople
Cons
Good way to start for a job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2016
I learned how to be comfortable around people, and not to be scared or shy to talk to people that i do not know. The management was okay the only problem was, they put me on a day to work that I did not choose which was a problem. My co-workers were great they helped me around the restaurant on what to do and what not to do, and they were really fun to talk to. Hardest part of the job was when i had to do morning shifts at 7 so I had to wake up around 5:30 which was pretty hard to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i do cashier because afer a while i loved talking to people and interacting with them, while they are waiting and no one is in line i try and just lighten them up.
Pros
50% discount only on the day you work
Cons
Made me work on a day i never chose and worked a little longer than i thought i would
Management style is a mess
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2016
I used to work there for how many years but the store manager there is not respectful to her employees. She don't know the meaning of respect. She keep on embarrasing her managers in front of the crew which is not right. She wants the manager to work everything such as mopping floors at night, do extra cleaning while the crew will just do standing. This is not a healthy environment here because there is a "BLAME GAME" here that can contribute to turn down your confidence and self-esteem.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bias management team
Fast-paced Atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 May 2016
I have had nine hour shifts last twelve hours because of training heavily based on video instruction and very little time to train. I learned to handle multiple positions at a time because I was expected to. I learned that a job is not always worth the stress it creates, and a decent paycheck is worthless if you don't have time to spend it. My coworkers were the best part of this job. Customers and management were the most challenging part of the job.
Pros
50% off food while working as employee, 100% off as a manager while working
Cons
Stressful environment, almost no potential for advancement, few rewards upon advancement
Fantastic place to work
Cashier, drive-thru order taker and bagger (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 August 2016
A typical day at work for me was to go in and see smile faces on everyone, the customers most of the time were happy. I learned that no matter what the customer is always right at Wendys. The management and the co-workers were very friendly and great people to be around. There wasnt really a hard part about it, the Wendys team in Barrie helped each other out with everything, they're a great team. The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure the customers got what they needed, and made sure they were happy and would want to come back again.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Pretty easy, but always told I wasn't good enough.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC23 October 2016
A typical day at work was usually the same, serving customers either with front cash or drive-through, and mainly closing at night. I learned speed, and multitasking. Management is a bit harsh and always seemed to pick on me for never meeting their standards, even though I was pushing my limits. Most of my co-workers were very introverted, but there were a few I got along with well. Hardest part of my job was dealing with all the bad things I was told about myself. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the amazing types of people that came in.
Pros
50% off lunches.
Cons
Late shifts, never fast or good enough.
not the best.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 July 2016
not a great work environment, mean people, management lacking, did not seem to know what they were doing
Pros
nothing
Cons
didn't give raises
Friendly workplace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 October 2016
A typical day at work at Wendy's for me was making sandwiches and wraps, working cashier and talking to people, and cleaning up at the end of the day some nights. I learned that I am more productive in a less social environment. The management at my location were great people. They were funny, friendly and enjoyable to talk to. My coworkers were also very friendly, polite and fun to be around, which made my days working there much more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was talking to the customers, especially if there was some sort of conflict.
crew are good
Food counter attendant (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB20 August 2016
the staff are good and the culture is good as well but the fall is you don't get enough hours to support your family needs.need more improvements for management
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
short hours
Horrible management very racist towards white people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK19 July 2016
Could not stand it felt unappreciated low pay no raise or promotion after doing what asked to deserve one. There was no true team work put all the work on me and my friend no good came from this. Was fired for not getting a doctors note for having h1n1
Pros
Discount
Cons
they give the night staff free supper
casher (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON14 October 2016
everyday is different some of my co-workers are teen and they dont know how to act at a job site. l learn that all everyone is differnt you learn everyone likes there food different. the hardest part is trying to get things done when u have people who post to be working and they play around and the manger get after them but sometimes it doesn.t help. the most enjoyable is when u see the older couple comes in with the family and have a nice supper and hear them laughing
Pros
starten to get free supper
Cons
long hours with people who want to play around
People made the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON15 July 2016
As you could expect from a fast food company the work wasn't glorious, the pay wasn't great and sometimes the hours were long. But as the title says the real satisfaction was the people I met and the friendships I made. Not just co-workers and management, but regular customers who would come in and I would know them by name and order and we would have discussions about the on-goings of our lives. This was made even more apparent when I finally decided to quit and hearing how sad everyone (management, co-workers and customers) was when they heard about it. All in all was glad that I worked there
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
non-regular hours
Bad Shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 July 2016
The work was ok, shifts ran from 4 to 8 on weekdays and 6 hour to 8 hour shifts on the weekends. I learned how to deal with bad customers and micro organization. Management was horrible, and would change shifts multiple times daily, to the point a schedule was unnecessary because it would change so often you had unpredictable schedule.Co-workers were incredibly nice and were helpful especially for my first job. The hardest part of the job was predicting if i had a shift or not from the constant shifting. I really enjoyed getting to help people out and glad the smile i had on my face made them happy.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
constant shift chnages
Good job bad management
Grill Operator (Current Employee) –  British Columbia10 August 2016
The job was alright it is a fast paced environment but the management is horrible. A typical day would get busy around lunch hour and dinner rush.

2.8