The Wendy's Company

The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ok job
Crew (Current Employee), torontoAugust 24, 2015
ok job ok staff not the best pay the end of the night cleaning up i dislike i hate the rude costumes . i wouldnt be look for a next job like it
Easy, fun, time went by very fast
Cashier (Former Employee), south commonAugust 23, 2015
Pros: easy and everyone was nice and helping.
Cons: far from home
working at wendys was a great first job experience i gained lots of experience and lessons working in the food industry. I enjoyed working with older people who taught me things i did not know and i loved meeting new people and talking to customers.
Excellent Workpace
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton AlbertaAugust 21, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: Cut hours
I have a great team and I have a very efficient Employer they provide everything that an employee need when it comes to benefits.
My work place is very flexible when it comes schedule. I have the best co worker and team members. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customer that will give you hard time.
I used to enjoy working here
Cook and Maintenance (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Discounted Food
Cons: Micro Management
Wendy was a great place to work for my first couple of years but the quality of management has gone downhill the last year. I worked very hard and was not appreciated by management and even had my hours cut for no reason.
Good for a first job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), 410 Baseline Rd, Strathcona County, AB T8H 2A7August 21, 2015
Pros: Discounts off food
Cons: minimum wage
Working in a restaraunt helps to build communication skills and is a good job to start off with until you are able to move on to better jobs. It also helps you to learn to work with other people and to be positive regardless of what life throws at you, because it's important to always be kind and respectable to whomever it is your talking to even if your having a bad day.
Working experience at Wendy's
crew member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 21, 2015
Overall Working at Wendy's is a good experience taught me how to multitask at various positions inside the store, to be faster, and to provide quality service to the customers. Thank you Wendy's for giving me an opportunity to learn, earn, support my family and making me happy.
Average fast food atmosphere
crew mamber (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 20, 2015
Pros: a good first job
Cons: long hours once in a while (due to covering shifts)
This workplace is good for a teenager to start out. You develop communication skills, work ethic, customer service skills, etc. All these skills are transferable when seeking jobs in others criteria
productive but laid back environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: 50% off food before, after, during a shift. Easy to book days off
Cons: irregular hours, usually short 3-5 hour shifts, work most weekends
Easy to get along with co-workers and management. Usually very busy and sometimes stressful due to under staffing busy days/shifts. Pretty simple to keep busy with cleaning and restocking.
Productive Work Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioAugust 17, 2015
I worked full time for Wendy's while I was in school. It was a good balance from work and school and I was able to accomplish all I needed to without difficulty.
Fun enjoyable work enviornment
LINE COOK / CASHIER (Former Employee), OakvilleAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Food discount, small eating space, comfortable clients
Cons: Short breaks.
I worked well at this location the fellow employees were hard working and enjoyable company and the management was attentive to the needs of the staff. I enjoyed the opportunity.
Good working environment
Sandwich Maker/Salad Maker/ Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABAugust 12, 2015
Pros: 50% off discount
Cons: insufficient man power
Wendy's a fast paced environment that strives to give the most quality services to customers. I learnt to interact with customers and realised how effective putting on a smile lightens a customer's day. The management is very effective in terms of pushing and challenging the staff to be productive at work.
a fast paced exciting place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 11, 2015
I had lots of fun working here. Excellent team work and amazing friendly staff. I am a night time manager who does mostly closing shifts
For those with no experience
Mentor, coach and train new employees (Former Employee), Cloverdale, B.C.August 11, 2015
The job comes with long hours with no pay for overtime, you are constantly standing and serving customers who do not view you as a actual human being. Its a tough job but if you work there for a few months it can get you through the door for some other work.
Not my favourite management
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 10, 2015
Cons: extremely fast paced, managers, missing pay
Working at wendys for 2 and a half months sounds very bad to say because of my short time there but during that time I ran into quite a few personal and family emergencies that required a lot of attention along with my school finals which I requested less hours for during that time but was guaranteed nothing. Multiple managers did not take initiative to help me with an issue I had been having with my pay and not receiving a pay stub and a few refused to speak to me about it. Leaving the job felt somewhat bad because I felt unreliable and not responsible but I also felt like they did not give me the time of day to entertain my questions, comments or concerns.
Fun workplace with great coworkers and managers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: The smell of everything
Everyone was really nice and welcoming. I was really happy there and sad to leave, but I had enough of the fast-food world. It's crazier than most expect.
Fast pace work environment
Sandwich Maker/Grill Guy (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 31, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches, meet new people
Cons: Smell like fries all the time
-Typical Day at work
Prepare sandwiches as requested
Complete miscellaneous tasks including cleaning, stocking etc. during downtime
Co-operate with co-workers and maintain a team environment
Maintain full stock/inventory at all time
Cook proper amounts of meat, chicken, bacon, potatoes, and chili at appropriate times
Clean oven, grill tops, and filtering fryers on a daily basis

-What I learned
How to work in a team environment
How to multitask all the time
How to float through positions to bring productivity and speed up
How to train other/new staff members
How to complete tasks under mass amounts of pressure
Fun and friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Employee discount for 1 meal
Cons: Unorganized
During my employment at Wendys the days went by quickly. It was a very fun work environment and everybody go along well. Management was awesome if you had any questions or problems you could go to them and it would be fixed or resolved quickly.
Shift Supervisor Review
Shift Manager (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Manager Free Meals
Cons: Shift Work (short time between shifts)
I enjoyed working with this company. The atmosphere is always friendly and positive with excellent room to move up within the company or simply stay as a crew member.
great place to work, and great customers.
Cook, cashier (Former Employee), Kelowna, & Rutland, BCJuly 15, 2015
fast paced, good co-workers, great customers most of the time, life is what you make of it. Would like to work there again.
Disgusting
Burger boy (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Nobody spoke english well.
Flipped burgers, made fries, made chili, served customers, ensured the drive thru was running smooth all day/night Enjoyed free food every once In a while when offered by manager.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Wendy's Company

The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s – Read more

The Wendy's Company Photos

This is a older Wendy's building but it looks just like the one I worked for.
Wendy's Frosty