The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A place full of magic
Retail Sales Intern (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 14, 2014
In Disneyland, we greeted our guests and gave them Morning High-five when the park gate just opened. We took rotational position every two hours, so I might work at the register, by the merchandise shelves, or out side the store with the shopping cart. We provided the guests with any information they needed in the park and created magic moment for all – more... the guests.
We were trained by one-on-one mentors, and the leads and managers were always there and ready to help. My co-workers were nice and excellent as well, funny, smart, and helpful.
The hardest part of this job would be get used to communicating with people from all around the world and being very creative and thoughtful to deal with each guest's issue and meet their needs.
However, those were as well the most enjoyable part of the job, because I could talk to different people from different countries and different cultures, and there were always a lot of fun during my work. Besides learned how the world's #1 theme park operates daily, I did enjoy myself working in the park everyday, bring guests with happiness and magic! – less
One of the best companies I have ever worked for
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: admission into the disneyland resort, paid more than minimum wage. making magic moments
Cons: no health benefits or dental, part of union so deductions from checks, ruined sleep schedule, getting out of work at 3-4 a.m.
I have had my fair share of jobs, six to be exact. But I have never seen another company be so self driven. So motivated and inspired to make guests feel more at home than the Walt Disney Company. I learn about how important customer service is, how important it is to greet everyone with a smile and willingness to assist. Although i work at 4 different – more... restaurants in this company, i enjoy working them all. Whether its the ice-cream parlor, chili dog/hot dog stand, bakery or the cappuccino cart. I love interacting with people from all over the world and working with a team of people that all focus on the same goal.The most enjoyable part of my job is making people smile,laugh and get to learn new things everyday. The hardest part of my job is never knowing when the rush will end, the park could have 25,000 - 60,000 people everyday. So we always have to prepare ourselves with stock and mentally prepare ourselves. The management team are great when it comes to checking the location, but it lacks knowing the team members. They don't remember our names although we have seen them 100+ times. They don't call us to their office unless we are in trouble or they need to talk to us. – less
Orders
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Jonesville, SCMarch 12, 2014
Assisted guests with phone and online orders, provided specific product Information, supplied spontaneous resolutions for customer issues, and responded to copious email requests while achieving required goals
seasonal, temp worker
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Jonesville, SCMarch 12, 2014
Never really worked our full 40 hours because of slow production and it was a seasonal job
No room to grow
Consultant / Electronics Engineer Technician (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 9, 2014
Projects were hard to find. Learning new niche products was the best part of the job.
Excellent Perks, Few Opportunities for Advancement
Learning Analytics & Evaluation Coordinator (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: going to disneyland for free!
I enjoy what I do and the perks of being able to take my family to Disneyland for free is amazing. I just wish there were more opportunities for advancement. Currently working part time, and would like to kick it to the next level.
Great Company
Assistant Animal Operations Manager (Current Employee), Tri-Circle-D RanchMarch 4, 2014
A responsible company who understands its product! Valued employees and professional environment.
Magical and fun place to be
Food and Beverage Hostess/Trainer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2014
Pros: park benefits, discounts, free beverage, backstage access, easy promotions
Cons: long days, rude guests, no free food
I loved working at Disney. It was a great experience from the start. I learned how to get along with all types of people. I also learned a lot of different work ethics. The co-workers were great. It was a main reason why I would go to work some days. The hardest part of the job was making sure I did my job as fast and efficient as possible. There were – more... some bad days, but overall good days. – less
Fun and full of Disney magic!
Cast Member (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2014
Had a blast while working at the Store. Benefits are great, and every day was magical.
Excellent place to work...not enough money or hours
Intern - Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great work culture, great for resume, free park access
Cons: too-short breaks for the size of the park, not enough pay
In my time with The Walt Disney Company, I was a Disney College Program intern. This means that I was given three-year seniority for hours and certain benefits were available to me that others didn't have. Therefore, I will be writing this review more from the standpoint of a basic Cast Member. I often heard of other Cast Members struggling for hours – more... so that they could pay their basic life expenses. Also, the pay was just above minimum wage, which would be fine normally, but the people who work directly with Disney's Guests should be paid more in my opinion. We had to work in very strict conditions to uphold the kind of standard that Disney is famous for, and we had to do this while serving Guests that were worse than any other work location I've ever heard of. They were not all this way but several Cast Members were having anxiety issues from operating certain locations. For the people on the front lines, I think a company as big as Disney could have paid them a little more. That being said, Disney did have EXCELLENT benefits on the short term, such as free park access and many discounts on merchandise and food. I won't talk about health benefits, etc. because I left after the internship was completed and don't have any experience in that. The vast majority of the managers that I had were excellent, and several of the leads (supervisors) were as well. Not all. There were times, based on experiences withwhen I questioned how Disney advanced people and I was not the only one to think that. Every lead had their own way of doing things and it was often expected that we read their minds to figure out how so that we didn't get in trouble. That's the short of it. All of that said, working for Disney is definitely worth it. No position is perfect, but there is a lot of job satisfaction that comes from providing service that is above and beyond anything that is expected. There were tears when I left, and I am considering going back to work there again someday. The negativity in this review is purely for information's sake (it seems that everyone talks about that positives and never the negatives), but I would thoroughly recommend working for Disney to friends. – less
Exciting and Dynamic Workplace
File Coordinator (Current Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: exciting workplace, great contacts made
Cons: no benefits as a temporary contract
As a temp, I was able to communicate directly with many directors and managers who have served as excellent references and leaders. Disney runs a tight ship, and there is little room for slack in the Taxation department.
Perfect place to work
Front Desk Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 28, 2014
I absolutely loved working for Disney. I did the Disney College Program while in college and couldn't have asked for a better experience. I worked the front desk of one of the resorts and loved it. It was easy to make great friends and enjoy the job.
all the time fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: eat lunch to gather
Cons: 15 mi berak
work happy all the time fun eat together make bakery for costumer and help each anther
Its Magical
Data Center Migrations Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Worked as a Data Center Migrations Manager for Disney. Its a massive organization with multiple sub-companies still it lives upto one Disney brand. The work culture is fun filled, offices are lively and project teams are always cheerful.
Absolutely Magical
Wedding Planner- Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FloridaFebruary 25, 2014
I have worked for this Entertainment Company for 35 years and loved each and every "magical" moment
welcoming a company you can work your way up the ladder
Maintenance & Procurements Co -ordinator (Former Employee), Caroline Street HammersmithFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: the location
Cons: doing 9 to 5.30
Very relaxing department
Learned another package of SAP
Management make me feel very welcome
some co-workers very helpful.
The hardest part of the job not having the time to get the traning required.
The most enjoyable part of the job. To be able to carry out a few duties on my own using my notes.
Wonderful management team. A demanding, yet rewarding business atmoshphere
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Port Orleans ResortFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: flexible with school
Cons: distance from home
Love meeting and talking to guests from all around the world. Management and co-workers are very friendly and resourceful
Not a job to make a career
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2014
• Assisted guest with placing orders
• Fulfilled requests by clarifying desired information; completed transactions; forwarded requests
• Assisted guest with billing discrepancies
• Assisted other call center representatives when supervisor was needed on calls to answer upper management questions
Good college part-time job or job after retirement
Supply Patriot/Patriot RN (Current Employee), Corona, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Everyone is going to have a different experience when they get a job at Disney: some hire in because they love Disneyland and others will be there just because it pays them and was the only place that called them back.
I have had a great time working at the company and have had many opportunities to grow with the company and gain experience in my leadership – more... skills.
I hired in to work here as my part-time college job and they have been very flexible with hours during the school year. You will have to provide full-time availability for peak seasons (summer, Winter break, spring break) but even then they help you out.
They also provide great benefits to Cast Members that help out a lot. – less
Great first work experience
Guest Show Host (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Was one of the funnest job opportunities. Always was fun no matter what shift you worked. Treated the cast fairly with great advancement opportunities.

The Walt Disney Company Photos