The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
disney
Cast Member (Former Employee), floridaApril 24, 2014
Great job except the location was a different state. It was a paid intership. worked in hot locations all day long while standing. Had to work in rain and during hurricane.
Learning experience
Receptionist/Hostess (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 23, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: doctors need updated teachings
Love it! I encountered a lot of professional baseball, basketball, football and boxers players
No place like Disney, I LOVED it.
Photopass Photographer - Internship (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 23, 2014
Pros: great management, fun enviroment, great benefits, ( i could go on forever)
Cons: takes a long time to advance in the company
Working for The Walt Disney Company has been the best experience of my life and I regret leaving everyday.

Though I do hear it is hard to advance in the company, and that it takes over a year to become full time.

I was a photographer and could almost work as many hours as I wanted, up to 16 hours a day ( double shifts) But I enjoyed every moment. – more... I made enough money to support myself.

There are great benefits like, getting into the parks for free, parks open early for cast members for special occasions, discounts, and some other magic moments that guests don't get to experience.

The best part about the job is sharing and creating the magic for guests. And knowing that you have made someones experience so enjoyable. – less
Productive and Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McAllen, TXApril 22, 2014
Pros: amazing people, fun, children, magic
I'm sort of sorry I even left this Job, but seeing as it was my first Job I made some decisions i shouldn't have and never will again.
It was a great job and i learned a great deal from Disney. They really showed a glowing personality as a company.
My coworkers were down to earth, fun and great individuals whose inner childhood was greatly invested – more... in the Disney Franchise.
My manager was the nicest, everyone that worked at Disney had an impeccable outgoing personality that made you smile, and if help was asked, help you would receive.
I really enjoyed this job. – less
Incredible experiences, but they'll work you hard.
Quick Service Host (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 21, 2014
A typical day involves lots of guest interaction with such a high capacity of guests coming in and out. From the guests who are there for the first time, to the ones who are going to have a rotten day no matte what, there is always an opportunity to make a magical moment.
Filled with what is expected from Walt Disney
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2014
The culture speaks for itself. Probably the best place to boost morale. Made life long friends and a great experience overall.
Excellent Company
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), FloridaApril 16, 2014
Pros: enhance people on the joy of disney
Cons: not enough hours available. only part time work
Supervising over 50 plus employees. Learned how to become a great mentor . leader. and teacher. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing how much I helped my employees become a better agent and always having them thank me for it.
Engaging work place, where the guest comes first.
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 16, 2014
Cashier, burista, and runner. Hardest part of the job was balancing school and work hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was all the benefits
Work at WDW
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee), WDW, Tampa, FLApril 14, 2014
I worked as a UI automation tester. Our team responsibility to develop Regresstion, GUI and Functional test scripts.
Great Experience for me
Park Events Content Development (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 12, 2014
I have enjoyed my time with Disney and am very proud of the work we have done and the teams I have been apart of.
Amazing company to work with
Lead Instructor and Guide Counselor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 7, 2014
I was in charge of leading groups of people around to various countries around the world. I had to call all vendors ahead of time and make sure they were keeping a high standard and quality for my guests.
Great Experience with a Few Bumps Along the Way
Entertainer - Live Performer (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: perks, tradition, variety, attentiveness
Cons: low pay, harsh conditions sometimes, gossip, seniority doesn't matter too much
I generally like my experience here. If there is an issue, even if it takes a while, managers and higher ups are usually pretty good with responding.

You never have to worry about clothing considering they have multiple costumes for each location. You may have moments where they don't have your size but that rarely happens to me.

Job benefits are – more... phenomenal. You get free entry all year long and if you are a casual regular or higher, you get up to 16 sign ins a year to bring other people in.

Depending on what department you are in, you may be in a union. This is nice to have people fight for you but if you aren't in one it's still not that bad. – less
Awesome
International Tax Intern (Current Employee), Celebration, FLMarch 28, 2014
Wonderful experience so far. Everyone is very kind and mindful of the learning curve for new employees and interns. Everyone is nice and works well together well and efficiently.
A fantastic place to work
Compensation & Benefits Analyst, EMEA (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 24, 2014
A great working environment. I am perusing other job opportunities due to relocation, not due to the role or company.
Only the brightest people work here
ABAP Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Anaheim, CaMarch 23, 2014
Always on the edge of leading technology. Fun place to work. Many times conference rooms are named after Disney characters.
Challenging work that requires collaboration
Sr. Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: free tickets to the park, special employee only movie screenings of new releases, discounts on products.
Cons: extremely heavy workload. multiple levels of buy-in before moving forward with any project.
The work at Disney is challenging, to be sure. Not the least of these challenges is the workload placed upon each employee. It is a very collaborative environment that requires multi-levels of buy-in for each project.
Great Perks, low pay and no work/life balance
Specialist (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free passes, fun people
Cons: long hours, little pay, no recognition
You will enjoy amazing health and savings benefits, plus who doesn't love to get in free. However it is very difficult to move up and pay is well below fair. Part of your pay is just being able to say you work there.

Little life balance, long hours and 6/7 days can be expected during the busy times. Vacations are difficult to get approved and are often – more... forgotten about. – less
Dream Come True
Cashier (Former Employee), AnaheimMarch 18, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, benefits
Cons: scheduling
Even though I may have had my fair share of complaints working for Disney, such as scheduling and having a life, I will never say that I regretted working there. It was easily one of the greatest experiences I have ever had and I'm so grateful I can say I worked there.
Day at work
Concierge /Initiative Trainer (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 17, 2014
Pros: meeting people from all over the world
Cons: low wages
Train all cast members on new initiatives. Very busy constantly have something to do.
very fun work place with a lot of friendly faces
Host, Busser (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 17, 2014
its an ok job. i love the environment but the workers are just unsettling. you try to have fun but sometimes dont even feel like going to work. no room for growth and not worth the pay just to stay with this job. need something more stable and need something to actually pay the bills with

The Walt Disney Company Photos