The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work, but the management is horrible.
Disney Store Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 15, 2014
Pros: guests are great. love doing the events.
Cons: poor management. very unprofessional.
I currently work at the Disney Store at the tucson mall. I used to work for The Disneyland Resort in California and relocated to Arizona. The first couple months of working here were the best. I saw so much potential for working her. It was like a little piece of the resort but in The desert. Little by little I saw the true colors of the management team. They are very unprofessional. I honestly feel like I am in high school again. I would not reccomend anyone to work here till a new management team is there. And it's such a disappointment because working for the resort was the absolute best time of my life and now working at this store it's the absolute worst.
Excellent Compnay
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 13, 2014
I loved working at this company. Great benefits! Great values!
nice place to work
Radio Disney- Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ilOctober 13, 2014
weekends required, no room for growth in this department.
overall company culture is great
The Most Magical Place on Earth
Cook 2 (Current Employee), resorts/ magic kingdomOctober 11, 2014
Pros: if you work here you get to play here- for free
Cons: you get paid in experience more than money
Working for the mouse is hectic and a little stressful at times (it is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world) but the look on a guest's face when you make the magic real for them makes every pain staking step you took to get to that moment 500% worth it. You learn world class guest service in every role at this company. It is the most important thing, besides safety of course.
Great place to learn new things
Guest Relations Hostess (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, perks
Cons: long late hours
typical day would be moderate-heavy office work, guest concerns, planning events/meetings, tours, assisting employees

I learned how to best work in a group and on my own, and how to help others strive for the best they can at work.

Sometimes the hardst part was the guest and it was also the easiest/ most enjoyable.
friendly enviroment!!!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), floridaOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free meal's
Cons: good working skill's
Lot's of friendly people in the work area! I learned how to communicate with costumer's,good working managment,and co-worker's
Micro manage
Construction CoOrdinator (Former Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: you are working in more intimate arena as opposed to universal or paramount
Cons: micro management, they afraid to make a mistake, you could be the next scapegoat.
Their weak link is putting untrained people with no filming backgrounds into positions they are unqualified for and get in the way of Seasoned Department Heads trying to do their job by making uninformed decisions effecting the schedule and creating overages .
This effects everyone ,causes layoffs and creating an undesirable work place,
The payoff is the completing the project on time and on budget despite the roadblocks.
I have letters from Producers thanking me for doing such a superb job in spite of Disneys Micro Management.They spend Two dollars to save a dime.
Great place to work at
Food and Beverage Hostess (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 8, 2014
I love my Job at Disney and the people I work with. I learned so much working here. I learned communtication skills and customer service. I also learned how to use TMS and working in a fast paced enviroment and so much more.
Creative Rewarding Experience
Creative Strategy Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Celebration, FLOctober 8, 2014
There is no typical day which makes working for the compnay very exciting.
Best Job I've had so far
Disneyland (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: fun, good coworkers, easy, guests from all over the world, job security, and good benefits
Cons: pay
They treat you with respect. The one thing that I felt was missing in my previous jobs.
Safe and efficient place to work; Helpful management
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2014
I learned an incredible amount from this Fortune 500 company. I know how to attend to guests and help them with their needs. I also learned how to network and how to communicate with managers for further working opportunities with the company.
Exciting and fun
Account Executive (Former Employee), SeattleOctober 5, 2014
Pros: frozenokie and pixie dust
Cons: lacking analytics
Great company to work for with lots of wonderful memories. Everyone was generally excited to be working for the Mouse. Clients were very excited to have a Disney presence available for their marketing needs here in Seattle. However, Radio Disney is no longer operating on a local level so our division and 23 others throughout the country have closed down.
Enjoyable work environment and excellent learning opportunities
Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Upon arriving at my location I would ensure that my area is properly cleaned, stocked, and maintained to the highest standard for Guest interaction. Typically I would maintain those duties throughout the day as well as make a positive or "magical" experience for every Guest I came in contact with. It was during those daily interactions that I extended by communication skills. I also furthered my relationship skills with my fellow Cast Members while working together to problem solve. My management experience was thoroughly enjoyable. They were knowledgeable and interactive in our daily duties and made for a positive and highly functioning work environment. The most difficult aspect of my job was being on my feet for ten plus hours. While it was, at times, tough it was well worth it to be able to do a job that I loved. Guest interactions and creating magical experiences was by far the most enjoyable part of my every day. Including that would be collaborating and interacting with my fellow Cast Members to create incredible experiences for everyone we came in contact with.
magic
Attractions Host (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 30, 2014
best thing is when u see a child having a bad day and you can turn that around with a little pixie dust and see the smile on there face
friendly environment and great experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: team members are friendly
easy environment and hard work but it was worth learning new skills
Great Work Environment
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 27, 2014
Though it is called "The Happiest Place on Earth", the Disneyland Resort would not be able to say that without its employees. It was not an easy job, as most people assume it is.
There are all kinds of people from all over the world to deal with, though the majority are great, some are not quite pleasant.
Keeping with the Disney standard of excellent is also a huge stress while working, everything is very "by the book" and any infraction can be cause for discipline.
I absolutely loved my coworkers, I made the greatest friends while working there and I know we will continue to be friends. To be honest, if it wasn't for them, I would have quit a lot sooner.
Management meant well, but in the end, it is a very large company, so if you want management to get anything done, you have to be very persistant, or else they will forget.
The best part of the job was putting smiles on people's faces. Sounds cliche, but you can never underestimate your power to change a person's day.
Love the Walt Disney Company - A great company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: very nice company perks
Cons: there are no cons
Fun place to work, and the people are like family, wonderful benefits and perks. A very productive place to work. I supported my boss for just shy of 8 years. We were all laid off, due to them going digital and all the stations are being sold. Today, 9/26 was my last day. A very sad and bittersweet day!
very busy and positive work life
Host (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2014
It is constantly full of tourist from all over the world, but the company does a great job at helping each and everyone's need.
Overall a great place to work.
RO Interactive Cast Member (Current Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free entry into any disney parks, worldwide, for you and your family and friends
Cons: it's a large corporation, so sometimes you just get treated like a number.
Like any large corporation, there will be ups and downs. Stay flexible. Go with the flow. And always put yourself out there for new experiences, this will help you advance.
Hard to get fired, plenty of overtime
Producer / Spokesperson (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2014
Nobody gets promoted, but nobody gets fired either. Management has no idea what mentoring or communication are.

The Walt Disney Company Photos