The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Happiest place on earth.
Sales & Service Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 16, 2014
If you have the right personality, this is a wonderful company to work for. I loved working here.
Great workplace for college students
Retail Sales Clerk at Tomorrowland (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2014
Great place to work at for college students. A typical day working in retail is constantly interacting with guests and selling our products. I've learned to manage my time more efficiently, because during peak seasons, everybody is required to work full-time hours. Each complex is managed by different management teams. In the complex that I work, the – more... management team is great in terms of having operations in our complex run smoothly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with frustrated guests. For the most part, watching guests being happy is the most enjoyable part of this job. – less
Productive job, Good Management, Nice Clean Work environment
Unslot Team Lead (Current Employee), memphis, TNMay 15, 2014
Pros: good schedule, nice people, clean, not hard, good benefits
Cons: work some major holidays, peek season is a beast
I really enjoy my job my employees are fun and funny but we work hard and we get the job done. My supervisor is nice but not too nice. She helps me out when i need and she does what she can to look out for us. she doesn't show favoritism to any of us. management do what they can to make the work area as comfortable as possibly. the pay is ok but it – more... not enough for me at the moment. thats why im look for a second job. Ive been working here for almost 3 years and i do see myself a this job longer. all in all its a GOOD job. – less
Friendly People, good benefits
CRM Program Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 15, 2014
All in all, the people you meet at Disney are fantastic. The benefits were great, including free admission to the parks for you and Guests. The only negative is so many people want to work for Disney that advancement is difficult. Once people get to where they want to be, they’re not leaving, so moving up the corporate latter is a struggle.
Productive and fast growing department.
Service Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 14, 2014
Pros: rotating schedule allowed for plenty of time off, ample opportunities for overtime, great amount of learning experiences.
Cons: inconsistent schedule, limited employment period.
A typical day of work can involve a wide variety of tasks or calls. We performed system validation in the morning to ensure that all of Disney's reservation and booking systems are ready for the start of business hours.

The management I worked with was great. I worked alongside some of them on side projects occasionally, and learned a lot from them. – more... The coworkers I had were really nice to work with, most of everybody really blends well together here.

The hardest part of the job is, hands down, the schedule. It rotates from 1st shift, to 2nd, to 3rd, then back to 1st. This could be difficult at times, but was also part of the most enjoyable part of the job. The rotating schedule also allowed for plenty of time off due to the transition period between weeks. – less
Innovative media company that fosters career development
Digital Account Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2014
The Disney/ABC TV Group presents a wide array of challenges and opportunities for growth in media. New innovations, great colleagues, and the Disney culture make this a rewarding company to work for.
Always learning new material about the company and very good information to know about the stock market.
Disney Investor Relations Shareholder Services (Current Employee), Glendale, CAMay 13, 2014
-Love my co-workers
-Management is okay, no problems
-most of my day is enjoyable
Fun place to work
Leader (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 13, 2014
You gain a lot of experience here. It is a great place to learn new trades. Management is mostly promoted within the company so there is definitely room to advance. The best part of the job is always meeting new people. Work schedule is horrible unless you have an excuse such as school, otherwise you will spend most of your free time during work to – more... look for shift trades. – less
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAMay 10, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of stocking shelves, greeting guests, working the cash register, and making sure store looked clean and neat.
I learned a lot about retail and how it works. I obtained knowledge in how to stock shelves and work the cash register.
The management was great here! I had a good relationship with all my managers.
My co-workers – more... were also great!
The most difficult part of this job was learning the cash register.
The most enjoyable part of this job was that I got to be around children and Disney products all day. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Corp Real Estate Lease Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMay 8, 2014
I worked for The Disney Store, Inc Head Office/Operations from 1990-2005 total of 14 1/2 years. Laid off in April 2005.

14 1/2 years with The Disney Store, had worked from Sales Audit, General Account (Merchandise AP), Real Estate Coordinator, Financial Analyst II.
Great place to get experience in the warehouse
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 6, 2014
Pros: time flew
Cons: during the night.
A typical night of work was set al the pallets down and make sure that we had everything ready to get the merchandise in the right pallets. Management was a bit off but they worked with you when you needed help. Co-workers helpful and made the job go by really quickly. Hardest part of the job was to stay awake during night shift. The most enjoyable – more... part was that the crew worked as a team if one slows down we all go to help that person. – less
Fun Workplace
Principal (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 5, 2014
Pros: customers pay
Cons: disney rules and regualtions
Typical day at work consisted of helping customers on all levels. I learned how to communicate with customers on a face to face level. Management was ok. Co workers were great, fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was handling requests that was beyond my control. Most enjoyable part of the job was creating long lasting memorable impressions on – more... our customers. – less
Good environment
Intern College Program (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 2, 2014
It's a great environment, had the time of my life at my internship at WDW. Would not want to make it a career at a park anyway, however, the job itself was a lot of fun.
disney
Cast Member (Former Employee), floridaApril 24, 2014
Great job except the location was a different state. It was a paid intership. worked in hot locations all day long while standing. Had to work in rain and during hurricane.
Learning experience
Receptionist/Hostess (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 23, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: doctors need updated teachings
Love it! I encountered a lot of professional baseball, basketball, football and boxers players
No place like Disney, I LOVED it.
Photopass Photographer - Internship (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 23, 2014
Pros: great management, fun enviroment, great benefits, ( i could go on forever)
Cons: takes a long time to advance in the company
Working for The Walt Disney Company has been the best experience of my life and I regret leaving everyday.

Though I do hear it is hard to advance in the company, and that it takes over a year to become full time.

I was a photographer and could almost work as many hours as I wanted, up to 16 hours a day ( double shifts) But I enjoyed every moment. – more... I made enough money to support myself.

There are great benefits like, getting into the parks for free, parks open early for cast members for special occasions, discounts, and some other magic moments that guests don't get to experience.

The best part about the job is sharing and creating the magic for guests. And knowing that you have made someones experience so enjoyable. – less
Productive and Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McAllen, TXApril 22, 2014
Pros: amazing people, fun, children, magic
I'm sort of sorry I even left this Job, but seeing as it was my first Job I made some decisions i shouldn't have and never will again.
It was a great job and i learned a great deal from Disney. They really showed a glowing personality as a company.
My coworkers were down to earth, fun and great individuals whose inner childhood was greatly invested – more... in the Disney Franchise.
My manager was the nicest, everyone that worked at Disney had an impeccable outgoing personality that made you smile, and if help was asked, help you would receive.
I really enjoyed this job. – less
Incredible experiences, but they'll work you hard.
Quick Service Host (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 21, 2014
A typical day involves lots of guest interaction with such a high capacity of guests coming in and out. From the guests who are there for the first time, to the ones who are going to have a rotten day no matte what, there is always an opportunity to make a magical moment.
Filled with what is expected from Walt Disney
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2014
The culture speaks for itself. Probably the best place to boost morale. Made life long friends and a great experience overall.
Excellent Company
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), FloridaApril 16, 2014
Pros: enhance people on the joy of disney
Cons: not enough hours available. only part time work
Supervising over 50 plus employees. Learned how to become a great mentor . leader. and teacher. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing how much I helped my employees become a better agent and always having them thank me for it.

The Walt Disney Company Photos