The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ABSOLUTELY NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: lot of meaningless parties during the work day
Cons: plenty of parties during work time with alcohol
The only way you move up at Disney is if you have relatives in HIGH places.
Creative company set in its old world ways
Sustainability Coordinator (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 19, 2014
While Disney creates innovative and unique products, the business behind-the-scenes and office culture is traditional, conservative, and immune to change.
Undergraduate Associate - EIT-IAM & Integration (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great people
I have learned many new technologies while here at Disney. I find the people to be very helpful and willing to teach a fresher new technology.
n/a
Guest Relations / Park Operations (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great people & perks
Cons: hard to move up without a degree or in general, pay is horrible and you need 2 jobs to make ends meat.
Great company to work for. I have a great pride to work for such a long standing company and what they stand for. I
Disney was a great and fun place to work.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Burbank, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free tickets to disneyland each summer, christmas and free movies at disney theatre.
Computerized film, video tapes and sound archived elements.
I learned a little about adding sound to films and how they are made.
Managers were well informed about all aspects of the film industry.
My co-workers were editors in the movie industry who were fun to work with along with the other employees.
Working at Disney Studios was Fantastic and Fun! – more... Also seeing all the old films and video tapes that Walt Disney created! – less
Lacking Growth Potential
Analyst (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: interesting work
Cons: lack of advancement/growth potential
Great place to gain some experience. Hard to move up the chain until someone above moves along.
hosting
Hostess (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: good food happy guest and workers
Cons: just not my place
i am just not cut out for disney with the clothes and the people it be fun if i had that mind set but i dont it wasnt a bad job just wasnt for me
Friendly, welcoming and rewarding
Character Performer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free disney tickets!
Cons: i really can't think of any.
A typical day is fun and rewarding, the people around me are friendly, and the management is helpful and everyone I've met seems to really love their jobs. It makes the work environment fun and happy. There's never a dull day, and even though some guests are a challenge, most of them keep me grinning the entire day.
Great Workplace
Operations Admin (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 17, 2014
The pay may not be what most employees work for, but the environment and the incentives make it all worth it!
multi tasks
Stocked room attendant carts (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 15, 2014
I could test my ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Free entry to Disney World but low pay and long hours
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: able to go to walt disney world for free
Cons: long hours, low pay, expensive rent
Interns work about 40 hours a week, during the holidays it can go up to 60 hours a week. We were only paid $7.79 which did not cover the costs of rent, food, bills and personal expenses. Other than that, this internship is for the EXPERIENCE. Even though I was broke and tired all the time, I had a wonderful time, and I love Disney. If you love Disney, – more... Pixar, and Disney World apply for this internship. – less
Excellent and fun place to work with
BI Architect (Current Employee), Burbank, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: free and unlimited visits to disneyland
Cons: management
Co-workers are great and fun to work with
learn new skills
working hours are flexible
perks are good
Loved my job and everything that went along with it
Customer service and satisfaction (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 8, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company because they were always super friendly and I always making new friends. I was always learning new things. Even the mandatory meetings we had to go to were always fun.
Magical
Quick Service Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2014
It is one of the greatest companies to work for. The company creates an environment to learn and grow. The leaders treat everyone as individuals and they are open to learn just as much as the front line Cast Members are.
Fun and entertaining. Everyday is something different.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, scheduling, and team members.
Cons: guests, parking, late shifts.
Overall a great place to work. Not being able to park on property is a con, but a small one. Works well with your other schedules, but you do get some late shifts. Benefits are great, like getting into the parks for free. Obvious job security, possibility for advancement, but sort of rare. Management team is great, with a few exceptions.
What it is to be a Cast Member
FOH Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2014
All in all you need to know that you are there to make magic, follow the basic keys which are taught at Disney and always be sure to bring Magic while on stage. Guests interaction is key, and working for Disney is what brings the magic.
Phenomenal learning experience!
Intern, Global Security and Threat Assessment (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: the company culture is friendly and down-to-earth.
This internship gave me the unique opportunity to see into the daily operations of the Global Intelligence unit of the Walt Disney Company.
Great Company with fun environment
3rd Shift Custodian (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Clean and reset Disney California Adventure Park, I also covered the Downtown Disney area. Maintained a safe, clean and positive environment for guest. Some of my duties included but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping, deep cleaning and sanitizing restrooms/kitchens. I diluted solutions of various types of cleaning chemicals depending on the task – more... at hand. I worked in a union environment; therefore reporting daily, to my lead, any issues that may have come up. Found it difficult to adjust to 3rd shift while trying to attend school – less
The best company to work for.
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Lake Buena VistaJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great place to work and have family and friends to enjoy
Cons: pay can be comparable to outside markets
Your daily routine can be boring, but as it is said the grass is never greener on the other side of the fence. Once you work WDW it is a place that you will always call home. Find the right position and work hard and networking to the best of your professional abilities and you will be successful.
Amazing Environment built around standards of Excellent Service
Resort Transportation & Parking Cast Member (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: learning experience, networking resources
Cons: occasional long shifts, short breaks w/ far away break rooms
Working at Walt Disney was one of the best job experiences I've had so far. The best part is that everyone really is like one big team, there is a good mix of seasoned experienced workers and constant newcomers. So , everyone really new how to help others out and make sure things got done on time and the way they were supposed to get done.

The Walt Disney Company Photos