The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work if you enjoy making people happy
Attractions Cast Member (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 29, 2014
I've my decision to always assist other. So working here gives me the opportunity to do so.
Everyone is friendily
Customer Service (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free tickets for family and friends
Cons: far cast parking
All the cast members' is helpful in helping each other accomplish their goals, and duties.
Disney
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 28, 2014
As a member of the Housekeeping team, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overall cleaning of guest rooms, including stripping and making beds, vacuuming, dusting, and replenishing items such as linens, amenities and various supplies. Housekeeping cast members also interact with guests daily, responding in a timely manner to their requests, – more... assisting with directions and sharing information. – less
Great place to work!
Talent Force Temp Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2014
This place is a very fun and productive place to work! The employees are treat each other as family and are very open minded to new ideas to help make the company grow. If you are looking for a job where you can have lots of fun and be in a positive environment, I would definitely recommend applying for this job. :)
Steady income in entertainment industry.
Entertainment Technician (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 22, 2014
Guaranteed 40 hours a week. Get to network with hundreds of like-minded people in our industry. Great benefits. Working hours are a challenge. Different off days each week.
Africa was a good place to be.
Attractions Host (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: african animals
Cons: too hot or too cold
Driving around live action wild animals on a two week safari, its always fun.
Great big creative and innovative company and brand
Director (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2014
Great company with really good people, they treat their people well with good benefits. Culture does vary between BU's
It's Disney
Project Manager and Account Lead (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2014
Overall a decent place to be and the people that work there are incredibly smart
Productive and exciting atmosphere with so many wonderful shows to keep guests smiling.
Hostess/Cashier in stores (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 20, 2014
Everyday was different, and positive energy from every cast member. I've learned to interact with each guest individually, and attend to their needs efficiently by asking what items they were looking for.
wouldnt work there again
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2014
that this a big company and don't value their worker..i had tro help people and the company got upset because I went out my way.
Excellent Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free tickets to parks
Cons: never enough time in day to complete everything
A typical day at work would be handling expatriate tax inquiries by the participating employee, tax authority or vendors and fellow employees. Each day brings new challenges and a variety of tasks at hand. Preparing accounting related reports, deposits, coding check requests, deposits and receivables all dominate your day.
Productive and a great workplace full of praise
Manager (Former Employee), jersey city ,njOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: quick updates
Even though there were goals to be met it was still all about he clients and maintaining a fun face pace enviroment everyday! Hardest part was the quick changes in visuals .
It's nice to get into the parks for free.
Outdoor Foods Cast Member- College Program (Former Employee), Hollywood StudiosOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free entrance to the parks, free passes for family members, merch discount
Cons: low wages, low quality housing, unreliable transportation
The College Program is great for some people. You get to meet people from all over the world, but you also only get federal minimum wage in most cases. We all know that isn't enough money.
Job was "Magical" for only so long..
Worldphile Agent/ Ecommerce & Technical Support (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short lunches, constant overtime, fight to have holidays off.
Daily tasks would range from technical support on the phone for the Walt Disney World website, to live chat which consisted of sales as well as customer service.

Management is pretty decent and my co-workers were some of the best people I've ever worked with.

Hardest part of the job was the mandatory overtime. I didn't have a problem with working – more... overtime, but when you have to squeeze 15 additional hours in a three day span, it makes the work life balance difficult.

Best part, aside from the benefits, was the ability to make a customers day by solving their problem. I had the ability to take an escalated call (angry guest) and have them happy by the end. – less
fun place as long as it lasts
Principal Design Manager: (Former Employee), Glendale, CAOctober 15, 2014
overworked, no job security, replaces US workers by Asians where they are growing.
Great place to work, but the management is horrible.
Disney Store Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 15, 2014
Pros: guests are great. love doing the events.
Cons: poor management. very unprofessional.
I currently work at the Disney Store at the tucson mall. I used to work for The Disneyland Resort in California and relocated to Arizona. The first couple months of working here were the best. I saw so much potential for working her. It was like a little piece of the resort but in The desert. Little by little I saw the true colors of the management – more... team. They are very unprofessional. I honestly feel like I am in high school again. I would not reccomend anyone to work here till a new management team is there. And it's such a disappointment because working for the resort was the absolute best time of my life and now working at this store it's the absolute worst. – less
Excellent Compnay
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 13, 2014
I loved working at this company. Great benefits! Great values!
nice place to work
Radio Disney- Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ilOctober 13, 2014
weekends required, no room for growth in this department.
overall company culture is great
The Most Magical Place on Earth
Cook 2 (Current Employee), resorts/ magic kingdomOctober 11, 2014
Pros: if you work here you get to play here- for free
Cons: you get paid in experience more than money
Working for the mouse is hectic and a little stressful at times (it is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world) but the look on a guest's face when you make the magic real for them makes every pain staking step you took to get to that moment 500% worth it. You learn world class guest service in every role at this company. It is the – more... most important thing, besides safety of course. – less
Great place to learn new things
Guest Relations Hostess (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, perks
Cons: long late hours
typical day would be moderate-heavy office work, guest concerns, planning events/meetings, tours, assisting employees

I learned how to best work in a group and on my own, and how to help others strive for the best they can at work.

Sometimes the hardst part was the guest and it was also the easiest/ most enjoyable.

The Walt Disney Company Photos