The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

health and safety always
Bartender (Former Employee) –  port canaveral,orlandoMarch 13, 2014
changing uniform 3 times a day for locations,learned that safety starts with you.suppotive managers and co-workers.hardest part would be to open a new location.the first week was the hardest.getting new info.learning was and still is the most thing that i've enjoyed and becoming first response fire team 4.
Pros
meeting and working with different nationalities and cultures
Cons
not that much rest at first
A really great place to work once you are a permanent employee
Sr. Mech. Designer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 26, 2013
THey treat you like gold and give you a lot of creative freedom BUT its very hard to become a permanent employee and there is a lot of competition. Other than that, the work is stimulating and fun. The management has a good sense of comradarie.
Pros
free coffee, cereal, and bagels
Cons
you are damned if your project goes over it's hours budget, even if you were assigned after the fact.
Fun place to work, great people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 17, 2013
I worked at the Disney Store as seasonal part-time. It was a great experience and the staff there were friendly, nice and fun to work with. Positive attitudes. I enjoyed greeting customers coming into the store, and helping them find what they were looking for. It was a fast-paced environment at times, setting up for black Friday, and keeping the shelves stocked, but it made the days go by fast. Overall, it was a lot of fun working there.
Pros
positive environment, friendly staff
Cons
only seasonal
Great People
Supervisor of Character Art, Consumer Products (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Small Canadian office, excellent balance between life and work. Lots of opportunity to grow professionally. People were fantastic and I have kept in touch with many I worked with.
Pros
great place to be.
Cons
a lot of what made it special is now gone due to restructuring
Fun work place to be in once you love kids
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 8, 2013
A typical day at the Disney store was never a sure day, it could be a busy day or a very slow day or it would come in waves. I do think I've learned a lot from them when it comes to money and dealing with guest and children also with being on stage there's many way to deal with guest.I simply loved all my managers they were all very laid back and understanding to many things along with all the cast members they were all get people to meet and get to work with. I think the hardest part about that job was knowing that it was just a seasonal and I wasn't sure about having it in the end. And, the most enjoyable was the job it's self it seemed that a lot of people had a dream job and it was on of mine to work with Disney was a joy.
Pros
seeing the children smile and run and play with some of the toys
Cons
dusty, hard to find things to do
Very inspirational and great properties to work with
Food, Health and Beauty Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2012
Well, who doesn't like to work for Mickey and Minnie? The properties are great and have a huge legacy behind. I knew my position was not going to be a challenging one, but it motivates me to work for one of the most recognized brands of the world. The hardest part of the job was understanding I had to develop a low profile position and making the decision to leave and look for a more challenging position with great growth opportunities.
Pros
working for the best brand in the world and the co-workers.
Cons
small office and low growth opportunities chances.
Entrepreneurial, ever-changing environment
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 29, 2012
fast-paced, fun environment
great people
chance to prove yourself
environnement de travail exigeant
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 16, 2014
environnement de travail très exigeant, mais convivial dans le fond