The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best Job I've had so far
Disneyland (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: fun, good coworkers, easy, guests from all over the world, job security, and good benefits
Cons: pay
They treat you with respect. The one thing that I felt was missing in my previous jobs.
Safe and efficient place to work; Helpful management
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2014
I learned an incredible amount from this Fortune 500 company. I know how to attend to guests and help them with their needs. I also learned how to network and how to communicate with managers for further working opportunities with the company.
Exciting and fun
Account Executive (Former Employee), SeattleOctober 5, 2014
Pros: frozenokie and pixie dust
Cons: lacking analytics
Great company to work for with lots of wonderful memories. Everyone was generally excited to be working for the Mouse. Clients were very excited to have a Disney presence available for their marketing needs here in Seattle. However, Radio Disney is no longer operating on a local level so our division and 23 others throughout the country have closed – more... down. – less
Enjoyable work environment and excellent learning opportunities
Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Upon arriving at my location I would ensure that my area is properly cleaned, stocked, and maintained to the highest standard for Guest interaction. Typically I would maintain those duties throughout the day as well as make a positive or "magical" experience for every Guest I came in contact with. It was during those daily interactions that I extended – more... by communication skills. I also furthered my relationship skills with my fellow Cast Members while working together to problem solve. My management experience was thoroughly enjoyable. They were knowledgeable and interactive in our daily duties and made for a positive and highly functioning work environment. The most difficult aspect of my job was being on my feet for ten plus hours. While it was, at times, tough it was well worth it to be able to do a job that I loved. Guest interactions and creating magical experiences was by far the most enjoyable part of my every day. Including that would be collaborating and interacting with my fellow Cast Members to create incredible experiences for everyone we came in contact with. – less
magic
Attractions Host (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 30, 2014
best thing is when u see a child having a bad day and you can turn that around with a little pixie dust and see the smile on there face
friendly environment and great experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: team members are friendly
easy environment and hard work but it was worth learning new skills
Great Work Environment
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 27, 2014
Though it is called "The Happiest Place on Earth", the Disneyland Resort would not be able to say that without its employees. It was not an easy job, as most people assume it is.
There are all kinds of people from all over the world to deal with, though the majority are great, some are not quite pleasant.
Keeping with the Disney standard of excellent – more... is also a huge stress while working, everything is very "by the book" and any infraction can be cause for discipline.
I absolutely loved my coworkers, I made the greatest friends while working there and I know we will continue to be friends. To be honest, if it wasn't for them, I would have quit a lot sooner.
Management meant well, but in the end, it is a very large company, so if you want management to get anything done, you have to be very persistant, or else they will forget.
The best part of the job was putting smiles on people's faces. Sounds cliche, but you can never underestimate your power to change a person's day. – less
Love the Walt Disney Company - A great company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: very nice company perks
Cons: there are no cons
Fun place to work, and the people are like family, wonderful benefits and perks. A very productive place to work. I supported my boss for just shy of 8 years. We were all laid off, due to them going digital and all the stations are being sold. Today, 9/26 was my last day. A very sad and bittersweet day!
very busy and positive work life
Host (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2014
It is constantly full of tourist from all over the world, but the company does a great job at helping each and everyone's need.
Overall a great place to work.
RO Interactive Cast Member (Current Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free entry into any disney parks, worldwide, for you and your family and friends
Cons: it's a large corporation, so sometimes you just get treated like a number.
Like any large corporation, there will be ups and downs. Stay flexible. Go with the flow. And always put yourself out there for new experiences, this will help you advance.
Hard to get fired, plenty of overtime
Producer / Spokesperson (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2014
Nobody gets promoted, but nobody gets fired either. Management has no idea what mentoring or communication are.
Great Experience
CBRE Contractor (Former Employee), Ravis, AFBSeptember 23, 2014
Priceless experience to rub shoulders with so many different types of people from all over the world. Got to see the great qualities of the human soul by creating bonds with fellow humans looking to survive while trying to make something of themselves...priceless
Fun and enjoyable surrounding
Super Greeter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free themepark admission
Cons: low pay
Great place to work for if you want to network. Schedule is set and must call in before work if you are late. The company is very strict on punctuality.
same as above
Staff Positions (Former Employee), Burbank, CASeptember 17, 2014
same as above. Helped make a sleeping giant into largest entertainment company in the world
great work/life balance, but pay is below garment industry standard.
Creative Costuming (Former Employee), Fullerton, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: no stress or no time lines like normal apparel manufacturers
Cons: low pay, hard to advance
Hardly anyone there has even worked in the garment industry or went to school for it and it's very frustrating.
A magical and internationally diverse employer!
Food and Beverage Hostess, Intern (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free entry to disney parks, opportunities to learn new languages and interact with hundreds of guests each day
Cons: low hours and slow promotion process
Initially trained on back of house duties working in the 5 different shops, but quickly transferred to front of house cashier responsibilities. Built repertoire with guests by holding conversations and recognizing returning families and individuals, as well as creating magical moments for younger guests.

I learned how to interact with guests from all – more... over the world, whether it was just with silent smiles and gestures or practicing new languages, learning new words and phrases daily.

Management and co-workers were supportive and caring. Leaders were constantly around to interact with guests and solve any conflicts that arose.

The most rewarding part of my role was the high level of guest interaction. Being able to take a moment to converse with a guest, share in their good day, solve a problem or give them tips for the rest of their vacation always made my day. – less
Great Company, Long Hours
WDW College Program (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: company benefits
Cons: long hours
l enjoyed my time in Florida working at Disney. It has been a great resume booster and results often in interviews thanks to my short time working here.

Management is very particular and protective of the Disney image and hours were long during the program.
Fun Place to Work
Reservationist (Former Employee), buena vista, mirmar flSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: working at home
Cons: not many hours available
While this is a fun place to work, there isn't a balance between work and home with family. It is much more stressful trying to get enough hours that isn't around the time children are home at night. Most weeks there wasn't many hours available.
MARKETING OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 8, 2014
The Walt Disney Company is a great place to work- I have enjoyed my 15 1/2 years here.
Don't work here
Core Trainer (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 7, 2014
Takes all the fun of being with the public by finding things wrong that you are doing. Think you are going to advance in the company well think again. Worked hard on a project just to get yelled at for not communicating to the team while the rest of the area knows whats going on, not cool. Don't ever think this company is for its workers.

The Walt Disney Company Photos