The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a fun and magical environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
Pros: amazinf discounts in the store as well as the parks.
A typical day at work for me involved making sure that the store is presentable and appealing to the eye of our guests as well as making each guest remember their disney experience. We do fun events throughout the day so we can interact with our guests and give them a disney experience outside the parks. I learned a lot about the disney culture and how the littlest things can make the biggest impact on people. My co-workers were always friendly and smiling and it gave me a sense of relief to know that I would be walking into such an amazing work place. The best part of my job (aside from it being the disney store) was that I got the opportunity to being surrounded by younger kids whose faces glowed as they entered and left the store and knowing that I made their day and magical one was definitely the best part of working here.
Excellent Management of World Class Brands and corporate alignement
Senior Manager, Toys, Electronics, Sporting Goods (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: free tickets to disney parks worldwide!
Cons: reducing size of canadian office
Developed 5 year rolling strategic plans that translated into strong tactical plans that allowed for a balanced approach to local market needs.

Disney allowed for flexibility to develop local product when proven viable as well as adopting North America or Global development.

Relationships with all Canadian major retailers to maximize sales for the Disney brand with Toys, Sporting Goods, and Consumer Electronics was achieved with great assets and the ability to develop customized local trade marketing programs.
A really great place to work once you are a permanent employee
Sr. Mech. Designer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 26, 2013
Pros: free coffee, cereal, and bagels
Cons: you are damned if your project goes over it's hours budget, even if you were assigned after the fact.
THey treat you like gold and give you a lot of creative freedom BUT its very hard to become a permanent employee and there is a lot of competition. Other than that, the work is stimulating and fun. The management has a good sense of comradarie.
Great People
Supervisor of Character Art, Consumer Products (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: great place to be.
Cons: a lot of what made it special is now gone due to restructuring
Small Canadian office, excellent balance between life and work. Lots of opportunity to grow professionally. People were fantastic and I have kept in touch with many I worked with.
Very inspirational and great properties to work with
Food, Health and Beauty Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2012
Pros: working for the best brand in the world and the co-workers.
Cons: small office and low growth opportunities chances.
Well, who doesn't like to work for Mickey and Minnie? The properties are great and have a huge legacy behind. I knew my position was not going to be a challenging one, but it motivates me to work for one of the most recognized brands of the world. The hardest part of the job was understanding I had to develop a low profile position and making the decision to leave and look for a more challenging position with great growth opportunities.
Entrepreneurial, ever-changing environment
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMay 29, 2012
fast-paced, fun environment
great people
chance to prove yourself
Lots of opportunity if you know the right people.
Coordinator of Merchandise/Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: park admission, merchandise discounts, complimentary family admission.
Cons: it's all who you know
Guest service and Safety are the top two basics that we stress each day. I have learned that it's all who you know that will help you move up in the company. They do care about their Cast Members. Some managers have become too comfortable in their role and need to be moved or held accountable for their actions.
Guest Serivce Manager- Food & Beverage Operations (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: always work holidays
Great company! You have alot of growth and opportunity. Constantly working with people who enjoy what they are doing and always wanting to develop.
Family oriented, never a dull moment, challenging but fun
Technical Arquitect Specialist (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: you and family get in free to parks and discounts on resorts.
Fun place to work at, high paced, and you get to meet a lot of people. Engaging never a dull moment, family oriented company that permits to have a a good balance between work-life.
The Disneyland Resort, need I say more?
Senior End User Computing Analyst (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Teamwork at its best with all aspects of IT resources and departments. Also great perks working at the Disneyland Resort. After major restructuring (outsourcing) IT teamwork became individual "it's not my job" silos. But working for Walt Disney Co was better than working for the outsource company.
Productive and exciting work environment with theme parks
Multiple Titles (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 19, 2015
I had the unique experience of accepting an hourly position at a quick service food facility at the beginning of my Disney career. I studied the company and was excited to learn of the relative ease of moving from one position to another. Within the nine and a half years I was there, I worked for Parks and Resorts, Disney Cruise Line, and Disney Imagineering. This ability to design my unique career path is one of the best things about working for Disney.
A Fun Workplace that makes dreams come true...
Television Jobs on Disney Channel (Current Employee), Traverse City, MIJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I Think I would love it! And I really want to work there now, or sometime this week. Thank you in advance, if I do get a job here in Traverse City,MI
great place to work
Lead Cast Member (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 18, 2015
I love working at the Disney Store. I am proud to be part of the Magic of Disney. I really like the people that I work with.
Diverse work environment
Merchandise Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: diverse atmosphere, good breaks, park admission
Cons: long/late hours, work on holidays
I worked with many cast members and guests in the largest Disney store in the world. I have met some fantastic leaders and fellow cast members. You learn patience as well as what it means to be efficient. Safety is a definite priority.
Results Driven
Theatre Operations/Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Enterprise Rent-A-Car was an amazing company to work for, and was where I first learned about the importance of excellent customer service. I looked forward to assisting the customers into the proper cars that were requested and selling the necessary insurance products.
Magical
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Sales CoordinatorJanuary 15, 2015
Great Company, awesome perks,. Too many hoops to jump through for advancement, your merits are not taken into account. Its all about how much @3!! you kiss and egos you stroke. Hard work and dedication should be taken into account. Great cast members who do great things, leaders need to lead and truly develop from within instead of playing games,
Creative, fun learning environment
Foreign Trainer (Current Employee), 北京市, C22January 15, 2015
Teaching English in a fun and creative way with regular trainings-both personally and professionally.
Fun place to work
Photopass Photographer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Who wouldn't like working in the place Where Dreams Come True? Working at Walt Disney World was overall an amazing experience. Sure there were some bad parts but I still walked away with nothing but good things to say. Each day was different because each day you encountered different guests from all over the world who had different stories and different perspectives of the world. The hardest part of the job was having to work outside for most of my days in August due to the heat but the management did a wonderful job at making sure we were taking care of ourselves.
Disney
Theme Parks and Resort College Program (Former Employee), orlando, flJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: orlando sunshine
Cons: little pay
Disney College program was a great way to meet a very diverse group of people from around the US and around the world and get a feel for how different cultures view the world.
Fun and professional workplace
Merchandise (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: 40% off most items/professional leaders/talented crew members
A very organized company to work for with various benefactors that were enjoyable.The company prides itself on it's various cultures that mesh well together for it's internship.My work days were always changing but were always rewarding and the end of the shifts. The management teams were professional, helpful and understanding of others personal problems.The most enjoyable part of my job were the numerous guests I interacted with on a daily basis.

1 2 3 4 5