The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in Canada

High impact and Fun Environment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Having a patient management team that loves to teach definitely helps with the type of expected growth. Starting as a seasonal, I was rushed into the busy holiday season, but with the tips and support of my fellow Cast Members, I became effective enough to have been added to the Disney Brand family.
Pros
Amazing Cast, Water and snacks, Disney Vacation benefits
Cons
Spur of the moment shift changes
productive and fun workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
It's a fast pace environment, there isn't a moment to stand around, you always have something to do at the Disney store. From tiding, to edging, to sizing, to filling, to guest engagement, to assisting guests in all they ask for, to working the box office and aiding guests in any last minute interests.
The hardest part is finding things to fix and tidy when it's a slow day.
The best part is seeing the light and joy on children's faces when you work the magic mirror and they get to view their favourite characters.
Pros
being surrounded by everything disney
Cons
the noise level is constantly at a max volume - it can be overwhelming
Enjoyable, productive, and fun workplace
Vendor/Booth Operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 9, 2015
Very fun work place because we are always surrounded by happy children that come to see the shows which makes the employees happy as well. The most enjoyable part is all the interactions with spectators of all ages as well as with my colleagues. Very friendly staff, convenient location.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long hours and physically tiring
hard work, but rewarding, fun place to be
Disney English - ESL Foreign Trainer (Current Employee) –  C02June 23, 2015
Depending on the day you gave have 3 classes to teach.
Time management is important .
How to engage the learners.
Excellent line managers that support you in your day to day duties.
The hardest part of the job making the lesson meaningful and engaging to the learners, but it is also the most rewarding part.
Pros
excellent benfits.
Cons
Fun environment and great people
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, ABFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day is making sure onstage is clean, tidy, and full. Making sure guests are being helped at every opportunity. i have learned how to be more professional in uncomforatble situations, how to run a productive shift, and how to manage cast members.
decent place to work
Castmember (Former Employee) –  mississaugaDecember 2, 2014
Training the magic to the cast members was fun. Not many places ask you to have fun on the job but has changed over the years. The changes VPs so many times that we get to many different messages at store level. First it is all about the magic and then all about the metrics and back and forth. Now it is all about the magic and the guest having fun, Problem is the ideas are that the product sells it self. Just doesn't work because everyone has Disney product and the guest want the best deals. Disney now only care about the numbers when sales are not there, Then it becomes about the why.
Have I confuse you yet? See what I mean...
Run the store as your own except when they tell you not to.
Pros
cast members
Cons
confusing messages from management
Productive and fun workplace environment
Cast Member- Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 29, 2015
I love working for the Disney Store. It is a fun place to work at, with great co-workers who are supportive and positive to be around.
It was a fun and magical environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work for me involved making sure that the store is presentable and appealing to the eye of our guests as well as making each guest remember their disney experience. We do fun events throughout the day so we can interact with our guests and give them a disney experience outside the parks. I learned a lot about the disney culture and how the littlest things can make the biggest impact on people. My co-workers were always friendly and smiling and it gave me a sense of relief to know that I would be walking into such an amazing work place. The best part of my job (aside from it being the disney store) was that I got the opportunity to being surrounded by younger kids whose faces glowed as they entered and left the store and knowing that I made their day and magical one was definitely the best part of working here.
Pros
amazinf discounts in the store as well as the parks.
health and safety always
Bartender (Former Employee) –  port canaveral,orlandoMarch 13, 2014
changing uniform 3 times a day for locations,learned that safety starts with you.suppotive managers and co-workers.hardest part would be to open a new location.the first week was the hardest.getting new info.learning was and still is the most thing that i've enjoyed and becoming first response fire team 4.
Pros
meeting and working with different nationalities and cultures
Cons
not that much rest at first
A really great place to work once you are a permanent employee
Sr. Mech. Designer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 26, 2013
THey treat you like gold and give you a lot of creative freedom BUT its very hard to become a permanent employee and there is a lot of competition. Other than that, the work is stimulating and fun. The management has a good sense of comradarie.
Pros
free coffee, cereal, and bagels
Cons
you are damned if your project goes over it's hours budget, even if you were assigned after the fact.
I enjoyed working for Disney and I wish it wasn't just for the holiday
Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 7, 2015
I would walk around and make sure the merchandise was stocked and folded. I would greet guest when they came into the store and assisted them with any questions or concerns. After my shift was over if I was there to help close the store I would vacuum, make sure everything was stocked and that all the other nightly duties were done.
Pros
awesome staff and great work environment
Cons
not enough hours
Fun work place to be in once you love kids
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 8, 2013
A typical day at the Disney store was never a sure day, it could be a busy day or a very slow day or it would come in waves. I do think I've learned a lot from them when it comes to money and dealing with guest and children also with being on stage there's many way to deal with guest.I simply loved all my managers they were all very laid back and understanding to many things along with all the cast members they were all get people to meet and get to work with. I think the hardest part about that job was knowing that it was just a seasonal and I wasn't sure about having it in the end. And, the most enjoyable was the job it's self it seemed that a lot of people had a dream job and it was on of mine to work with Disney was a joy.
Pros
seeing the children smile and run and play with some of the toys
Cons
dusty, hard to find things to do
Very inspirational and great properties to work with
Food, Health and Beauty Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2012
Well, who doesn't like to work for Mickey and Minnie? The properties are great and have a huge legacy behind. I knew my position was not going to be a challenging one, but it motivates me to work for one of the most recognized brands of the world. The hardest part of the job was understanding I had to develop a low profile position and making the decision to leave and look for a more challenging position with great growth opportunities.
Pros
working for the best brand in the world and the co-workers.
Cons
small office and low growth opportunities chances.
Excellent Management of World Class Brands and corporate alignement
Senior Manager, Toys, Electronics, Sporting Goods (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
Developed 5 year rolling strategic plans that translated into strong tactical plans that allowed for a balanced approach to local market needs.

Disney allowed for flexibility to develop local product when proven viable as well as adopting North America or Global development.

Relationships with all Canadian major retailers to maximize sales for the Disney brand with Toys, Sporting Goods, and Consumer Electronics was achieved with great assets and the ability to develop customized local trade marketing programs.
Pros
free tickets to disney parks worldwide!
Cons
reducing size of canadian office
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eaton CentreApril 18, 2014
A typical day at the Disney store is never the same. You come to work always being greeted by your fellow cast members and a wonderful set of managers and team leaders. Being at the Disney store has taught me so much about different Disney facts that myself did not know. Coming to work here is different than any other work place I've ever been too. Guest service is key to their success along with their enthusiasm and the love for what the company stands for. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to work here. You come to work and Disney songs are playing, trailers are playing backstage, you have a choir operating in the theater from many of our youngsters and Disney trivia and competition happening among your cast members. It is definitely a work experience I will not forget. The Disney store differentiates itself from any other retail store and its definitely an honor to work there.
Pros
free disney tickets every 6 months
Cons
short hours during slow season
Fun place to work, great people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 17, 2013
I worked at the Disney Store as seasonal part-time. It was a great experience and the staff there were friendly, nice and fun to work with. Positive attitudes. I enjoyed greeting customers coming into the store, and helping them find what they were looking for. It was a fast-paced environment at times, setting up for black Friday, and keeping the shelves stocked, but it made the days go by fast. Overall, it was a lot of fun working there.
Pros
positive environment, friendly staff
Cons
only seasonal
Great People
Supervisor of Character Art, Consumer Products (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Small Canadian office, excellent balance between life and work. Lots of opportunity to grow professionally. People were fantastic and I have kept in touch with many I worked with.
Pros
great place to be.
Cons
a lot of what made it special is now gone due to restructuring
Enjoyed the atmosphere, love Disney
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
I enjoyed the staff, the guest and I adore anything to do with Disney.
Pros
flex hours
Large company. Had some amazing work functions.
Guest Experience (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCOctober 1, 2014
Answered all incoming calls and emails related to billing and game play.
Great place to work.
Management (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 28, 2014
A fun and welcoming work environment.
Not allowed to talk about company. Confidential.

4.3