The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Management of World Class Brands and corporate alignement
Senior Manager, Toys, Electronics, Sporting Goods (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: free tickets to disney parks worldwide!
Cons: reducing size of canadian office
Developed 5 year rolling strategic plans that translated into strong tactical plans that allowed for a balanced approach to local market needs.

Disney allowed for flexibility to develop local product when proven viable as well as adopting North America or Global development.

Relationships with all Canadian major retailers to maximize sales for the – more... Disney brand with Toys, Sporting Goods, and Consumer Electronics was achieved with great assets and the ability to develop customized local trade marketing programs. – less
A really great place to work once you are a permanent employee
Sr. Mech. Designer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 26, 2013
Pros: free coffee, cereal, and bagels
Cons: you are damned if your project goes over it's hours budget, even if you were assigned after the fact.
THey treat you like gold and give you a lot of creative freedom BUT its very hard to become a permanent employee and there is a lot of competition. Other than that, the work is stimulating and fun. The management has a good sense of comradarie.
Great People
Supervisor of Character Art, Consumer Products (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: great place to be.
Cons: a lot of what made it special is now gone due to restructuring
Small Canadian office, excellent balance between life and work. Lots of opportunity to grow professionally. People were fantastic and I have kept in touch with many I worked with.
Very inspirational and great properties to work with
Food, Health and Beauty Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2012
Pros: working for the best brand in the world and the co-workers.
Cons: small office and low growth opportunities chances.
Well, who doesn't like to work for Mickey and Minnie? The properties are great and have a huge legacy behind. I knew my position was not going to be a challenging one, but it motivates me to work for one of the most recognized brands of the world. The hardest part of the job was understanding I had to develop a low profile position and making the decision – more... to leave and look for a more challenging position with great growth opportunities. – less
Entrepreneurial, ever-changing environment
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMay 29, 2012
fast-paced, fun environment
great people
chance to prove yourself
A magical and internationally diverse employer!
Food and Beverage Hostess, Intern (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free entry to disney parks, opportunities to learn new languages and interact with hundreds of guests each day
Cons: low hours and slow promotion process
Initially trained on back of house duties working in the 5 different shops, but quickly transferred to front of house cashier responsibilities. Built repertoire with guests by holding conversations and recognizing returning families and individuals, as well as creating magical moments for younger guests.

I learned how to interact with guests from all – more... over the world, whether it was just with silent smiles and gestures or practicing new languages, learning new words and phrases daily.

Management and co-workers were supportive and caring. Leaders were constantly around to interact with guests and solve any conflicts that arose.

The most rewarding part of my role was the high level of guest interaction. Being able to take a moment to converse with a guest, share in their good day, solve a problem or give them tips for the rest of their vacation always made my day. – less
Fun Place to Work
Reservationist (Former Employee), buena vista, mirmar flSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: working at home
Cons: not many hours available
While this is a fun place to work, there isn't a balance between work and home with family. It is much more stressful trying to get enough hours that isn't around the time children are home at night. Most weeks there wasn't many hours available.
MARKETING OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 8, 2014
The Walt Disney Company is a great place to work- I have enjoyed my 15 1/2 years here.
Don't work here
Core Trainer (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 7, 2014
Takes all the fun of being with the public by finding things wrong that you are doing. Think you are going to advance in the company well think again. Worked hard on a project just to get yelled at for not communicating to the team while the rest of the area knows whats going on, not cool. Don't ever think this company is for its workers.
excellent company to work for
Retail Sales Hostess (Former Employee), lake buena vista, floridaSeptember 6, 2014
Working for Disney provided the unique opportunity for me to create magical memories for families and interact with guests from all around the world.
Great perks!
Global Infosec Risk Management (Current Employee), Celebration, FlSeptember 5, 2014
Being part of something magical is a definite value-add to any career.
3 Years at TWDC. Will there be more?
Principal Technical Specialist - DTSS (Current Employee), Glendale, CASeptember 4, 2014
Your management can really make or break your experience. As an entertainment giant, there are a lot of egos. I find many Managers and Directors lack proper managerial training.
Great Place
Certified Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TexasSeptember 4, 2014
Great Place to work

Definitely recommend
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great company
Retail Guest Service Manager- WSC Center (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2014
It is a great culture and environment with high energy. It is always happy and fun to take care of the guests.
Worked for 7 years with DQ Entertainment Ltd
Sr. Animator (Current Employee), singaporeAugust 28, 2014
Driven by passion and ability to perform in the field of 3D Character Animation, I wish to administer my skills in the productivity and profitability of the organization.
Excellent staff to work with, generous and prompt pay
Freelance Editor (Current Employee), homeAugust 27, 2014
Pros: strong working relationships, friendly staff
Cons: time crunch on deadlines
As a freelance editor, I've experienced quick and efficient communication with primary editors as well as clear job expectations. The most difficult part of the job is often quick turnarounds, which I don't mind but others might. Benefits of the jobs I receive include the opportunity to work with talented authors on a steady basis.
Bringing the "magic of disney" to the midwest, everyday
Account Executive (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2014
Pros: compensations, team spirit, out abily to help each other reach goals every month, without fail.
Cons: that they only have us 4 weeks notice that 23 stations throughout the country would be closing.
My time at Radio Disney Indy has been an amazing one to say the least. The positivity, the unbelievable team I was able to work with every day, our insurance was hands down the best I've had to date, learning out of the box thinking and management, and finding ways to make the job not feel like "work" was something we all worked hard to do.

The most – more... enjoyable part? Our free passes to any and all Disney resorts and our 15% commission along with a base salary that didn't require a "draw." Also my amazing team members.

Worst Part? When we were told that Radio Disney's throughout the country would be closing as of Sept 26th, 2015. – less
Disney Consumer Product,Local Fanchise Lisensing Team Assistant (Intern)
Local Franchise Team Assistant (Former Employee), Shanghai, ChinaAugust 23, 2014
• Market research: Check the sales amount of newly-licensed products and the implementation of corresponding projects in local the market; consolidate the relative info and make the report to the category managers.
• Newsletter drafting: team up with the marketing department and draft monthly newsletters for the new products’ promotion and the internal – more... broadcasting of team’s business events launching.
• Cold call visit: make phone call to potential licensees to pitch business cooperative opportunities.
• Licensing meeting prep: assist the whole team to launch the licensing meetings and expo, including 2 nationwide licensing meetings and 1 CBME (Children, Baby and Maternity Expo)
• Office routine job: data and documents arrangement, independently organizing company internal sales, paperwork translations, application of SAP system including Travel &Expense report, Purchasing Order, Vendor Set-up, etc. – less
Magical workplace with opportunities to involve clients and/prospects to the #1 Entertainment Company in the World
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: having a great product to sell with a great brand that clients responded to, plus telling kids my boss is mickey mouse!
Cons: others preconcieved ideas of what we were and what we offered!
No day was a typical day at the company, we always had great opportunities within the company from Digital assets to offering a Captain America event! In addition we worked to involved the clients objectives with corporate initiative's that included healthy living, STEM education, and safety. Also, we helped clients messages get directly to their potential – more... clients which were normally Moms and families within a safe environment. I learned a lot about balancing the integrity of a huge brand and business development.

My coworkers are a great team and we really relied on each other for our individual strengths, including creativity, client outreach, community initiatives, integrated marketing, event planning, and digital marketing to help with clients objectives.

The hardest part of the job would have been getting clients to understand the product, because of the preconceived idea of what they thought "Disney" radio would sound like. Once we were past that, they understood the brand and who we appealed to, and how they might help their business. It became the best part of my job!!

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing events culminate successfully or seeing the client pleased as well as patrons with a healthy dose of the "Disney" magic!! – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Central Valley, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: no full time
I love working here, the people and the environment are ideal. As far as a part time job goes, this is about as good as it gets.

1 2 3 4 5