The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Management of World Class Brands and corporate alignement
Senior Manager, Toys, Electronics, Sporting Goods (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: free tickets to disney parks worldwide!
Cons: reducing size of canadian office
Developed 5 year rolling strategic plans that translated into strong tactical plans that allowed for a balanced approach to local market needs.

Disney allowed for flexibility to develop local product when proven viable as well as adopting North America or Global development.

Relationships with all Canadian major retailers to maximize sales for the – more... Disney brand with Toys, Sporting Goods, and Consumer Electronics was achieved with great assets and the ability to develop customized local trade marketing programs. – less
A really great place to work once you are a permanent employee
Sr. Mech. Designer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 26, 2013
Pros: free coffee, cereal, and bagels
Cons: you are damned if your project goes over it's hours budget, even if you were assigned after the fact.
THey treat you like gold and give you a lot of creative freedom BUT its very hard to become a permanent employee and there is a lot of competition. Other than that, the work is stimulating and fun. The management has a good sense of comradarie.
Great People
Supervisor of Character Art, Consumer Products (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: great place to be.
Cons: a lot of what made it special is now gone due to restructuring
Small Canadian office, excellent balance between life and work. Lots of opportunity to grow professionally. People were fantastic and I have kept in touch with many I worked with.
Very inspirational and great properties to work with
Food, Health and Beauty Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2012
Pros: working for the best brand in the world and the co-workers.
Cons: small office and low growth opportunities chances.
Well, who doesn't like to work for Mickey and Minnie? The properties are great and have a huge legacy behind. I knew my position was not going to be a challenging one, but it motivates me to work for one of the most recognized brands of the world. The hardest part of the job was understanding I had to develop a low profile position and making the decision – more... to leave and look for a more challenging position with great growth opportunities. – less
Entrepreneurial, ever-changing environment
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMay 29, 2012
fast-paced, fun environment
great people
chance to prove yourself
Compensation Dept..great department to work for.
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), New York CityNovember 20, 2014
Working with my Dept. was great experience throughout my years there. Company gave many opportunities to employee to pursue
other careers.
Unique and fun job
Archives Registrar (Former Employee), Burbank, CANovember 18, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the jobs I've held in The Walt Disney Archives is that there is something different to research every day. I've also enjoyed coordinating museum and Disney Parks loans of our costumes and props for domestic exhibits and international exhibits.
It all depends on the leadership team.
Attractions Host (Current Employee), Anaheim, CANovember 18, 2014
Working here I have learned a lot. Fun place to work at. Difficult for advancement. Pay is not the greatest but hey payed vacation, sick days. Get people in for free. The most difficult will be at night or weekends because there are more new people. Something will always go wrong.
Loved it
Merchandise Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando FloridaNovember 17, 2014
Pros: guest services
Cons: nothing
I loved both management and my coworkers that I had and I loved the environment that I was in. I loved getting into the parks for free. I loved how their guest services were as well
Part of a Bigger Picture
Photopass Photographer/Intern (Current Employee), Anaheim, CANovember 14, 2014
It is fun working for this company because you're part of a bigger picture every day to make magic for guests.
fun place to work
Company Transportation Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2014
they are not ready for diversity, if you are a minority your hard work will just be hard work, you will not move up, nor will you be considered.
low salary in comparison to the work that's done
Merchandise Guest Service Host (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2014
Pros: fun place
Cons: low salary
overall, not bad, but everyone I cooperated with had the same complain- work is too intense at times, but the salary doesn't go up((
Great Blace to get your foot in the door.
Attractions Host & Trainer (Current Employee), Anaheim, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, room for growth, great co-workers
Cons: seniority based, have to be full available, just another number.
Overall great company to work for. The only downfall is that sometimes they make you feel just like a number because it is such a large company.
Very fun!
Quick Service Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2014
Fantastic opportunity to work in Walt Disney World. It was the best summer of my life.
Dedicated Cast Members
Executive (Current Employee), USANovember 8, 2014
It is all about the quality of the Cast Members and how engaged they are in making guests feel welcomed and pampered. Continuous quest for making Magic happen :-)
I love disney products
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJNovember 7, 2014
Pros: positive work enviorment
Cons: not enough pay for job duties and not flexible with hours
My overall experience working at the Disney store was very positive until I stared going back to school and was not able to be flexible with my hours
Love the Kids
Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2014
Pros: kids, free tickets
Cons: pay
the kids made working there so much fun! however the hours were great!
Fun and Rewarding
College Program Campus Representative (Former Employee), PRNovember 6, 2014
a great experience for all of those who are interested in learning about great comany cultures and the opportunites based on your talents.
Fun and diverse environment!
Store Operations Lead (Current Employee), Anaheim, CANovember 5, 2014
Everyday was a new challenge. As a lead in Disneyland, I have learned and acquired great customer service skills. Everyday was a new experience with not really knowing what type of customers I will meet.
Productive & a lot of fun.
cast member (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 4, 2014
A typical day at work since it was during the busiest time of the year that I worked (seasonal) was crazy but a lot of fun. I loved my co-workers, they were so sweet and it was great working with people who love Disney just as much as I do. The hardest part of the job was just the stress of it being a busy time of the year but it wasn't all that bad – more... because how could you be stressed while you're surrounded by your favorite things! The most enjoyable part of the job had to be interacting with the kids and getting to use the discount we'd get.. you'd think I were 6 years old by all of the things I have! – less

1 2 3 4 5