The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

This is not a place you want to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 July 2017
Managers are always out to get you. Days are spent sitting behind a computer screen answering emails from customers all around the world pretty relaxed. You really have to be a kid at heart to work here.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
manegment wasn't the best
Lots of kids come here!
Stock person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
This store gets many small children as guests, which is great for anyone who loves children and would like to work with them. However it is not a place you can grow in much, the ages visiting the store can limit your growth in communication skills. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the environment of the shop. Coworkers were amazing to work with.
Pros
Very different experiance
Cons
Limitations of meeting and talking to certain age groups.
It was a great start
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 May 2017
Really enjoyed working there when I first started in 2008; however, all good things must come to an end. Structure changed and it was time to move on.
Amazing company!
Bilingual Sales Manager - Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2017
Love this place - wouldn't really be looking if it weren't for the fact that I am on contract. Got my own office, and love the work that I do. Movies and Disney characters!
Pros
Great industry
Great and fun place to work at
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
Working for Disney trains you to excel in the field of customer service, working there was fun, but challenging and management was very flexible and considerate. Working at Disney was also very lively and the workplace culture was very polite and easy-going. The hardest pert of the job was how busy the store could get and working under all of that pressure, but again, it made the work interesting and challenging. This helped in teaching me how to handle such pressure and how to accommodate customer's needs. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was bringing a smile to people's faces and being immersed within Disney's culture.
Fantastic for fans and those interesting in creating an immersive experience.
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 April 2017
The work you do at Disney is absolutely devoted to the experience someone has from the moment they step in front of the store to the moment they leave - as well as what they bring home. As a fan and someone dedicated to the rich culture that the Walt Disney Company has created over generations, you could imagine the endless possibilities to create a magical experience for our guests: by using Disney language and subtle hints toward the brands guests know and love, you're involving them in a full story. They can be the hero, princess, or anything they imagine because you're creating the connection from product to real life. The managers are so supportive of the growth you have in the company - how involved they can be in the story you're creating at Disney. Yet at the end of the day we still maintain the white glove standard, ensuring that the place that we invite our guests in to is clean and ready for the next day.
Productive and cheery
Senior Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 March 2017
Responsible for ensuring all guest have an entertaining, fun and dynamic experience by creating a high energy, welcoming environment, while providing excellent customer service. Upbeat but sometimes underappreciated position (at the time).
Have a Magical Day
Retail Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2017
Possibly the most fun I ever had working. You learn about the Disney Standards, you get a lot of feedback and it is always a party full of magic moments which are always fun for the kids and your own inner kid.
Pros
awesome staff, great guests, fun moments
Cons
hours are too short
It's Disney, its great.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 July 2016
Seriously, it may be retail, but it was Disney retail.

It was fun, magical, and I felt included.

If I had been there longer, I felt that I would have been a manager in a matter of months.
Pros
The environment was great.
Cons
Seasonal hours are limited.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2016
Managers need to spend more time with staff and have less of a hierarchy approach to management. Great working environment, ability to go to premiers and after parties, great place to grow your career
Pros
Fun place to works!
Competitive and Fast Paced environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2016
-Sell merchandise
-Adjust to a fast paced environment
-Management is organized and diligent
-Co-workers were very welcoming
- Carrying merchandise around the stadium
-The happy environment Disney is implementing
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Standing for a long period of time with a heavy object
Layout artist
Background Painter (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA8 July 2016
Layouts were done daily basis. Loved the pace and challenge of the production and the people were great.
Creating a magical experience for our guests
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 March 2016
I was hired as a Seasonal Cast Member to assist the Cast Members and Management team during the busy holiday season. A typical day at worked varied, some days were typical and some were really busy with all hands on deck. My management team and co-workers were unbelievable, supportive and great at team-work.

I really enjoyed creating magical experiences for our guests and hearing their favourite magical moments with Disney.
Pros
Excellent team-work. fun environment
Cons
Lack of popular products
productive and fun workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2016
It's a fast pace environment, there isn't a moment to stand around, you always have something to do at the Disney store. From tiding, to edging, to sizing, to filling, to guest engagement, to assisting guests in all they ask for, to working the box office and aiding guests in any last minute interests.
The hardest part is finding things to fix and tidy when it's a slow day.
The best part is seeing the light and joy on children's faces when you work the magic mirror and they get to view their favourite characters.
Pros
being surrounded by everything disney
Cons
the noise level is constantly at a max volume - it can be overwhelming
Fun environment and great people
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB24 February 2016
A typical day is making sure onstage is clean, tidy, and full. Making sure guests are being helped at every opportunity. i have learned how to be more professional in uncomforatble situations, how to run a productive shift, and how to manage cast members.
High impact and Fun Environment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 January 2016
Having a patient management team that loves to teach definitely helps with the type of expected growth. Starting as a seasonal, I was rushed into the busy holiday season, but with the tips and support of my fellow Cast Members, I became effective enough to have been added to the Disney Brand family.
Pros
Amazing Cast, Water and snacks, Disney Vacation benefits
Cons
Spur of the moment shift changes
Enjoyable, productive, and fun workplace
Vendor/Booth Operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 October 2015
Very fun work place because we are always surrounded by happy children that come to see the shows which makes the employees happy as well. The most enjoyable part is all the interactions with spectators of all ages as well as with my colleagues. Very friendly staff, convenient location.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long hours and physically tiring
Productive and fun workplace environment
Cast Member- Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 July 2015
I love working for the Disney Store. It is a fun place to work at, with great co-workers who are supportive and positive to be around.
hard work, but rewarding, fun place to be
Disney English - ESL Foreign Trainer (Current Employee) –  C0223 June 2015
Depending on the day you gave have 3 classes to teach.
Time management is important .
How to engage the learners.
Excellent line managers that support you in your day to day duties.
The hardest part of the job making the lesson meaningful and engaging to the learners, but it is also the most rewarding part.
Pros
excellent benfits.
Cons
I enjoyed working for Disney and I wish it wasn't just for the holiday
Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 January 2015
I would walk around and make sure the merchandise was stocked and folded. I would greet guest when they came into the store and assisted them with any questions or concerns. After my shift was over if I was there to help close the store I would vacuum, make sure everything was stocked and that all the other nightly duties were done.
Pros
awesome staff and great work environment
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2