The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a fun and magical environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
Pros: amazinf discounts in the store as well as the parks.
A typical day at work for me involved making sure that the store is presentable and appealing to the eye of our guests as well as making each guest remember their disney experience. We do fun events throughout the day so we can interact with our guests and give them a disney experience outside the parks. I learned a lot about the disney culture and how the littlest things can make the biggest impact on people. My co-workers were always friendly and smiling and it gave me a sense of relief to know that I would be walking into such an amazing work place. The best part of my job (aside from it being the disney store) was that I got the opportunity to being surrounded by younger kids whose faces glowed as they entered and left the store and knowing that I made their day and magical one was definitely the best part of working here.
Excellent Management of World Class Brands and corporate alignement
Senior Manager, Toys, Electronics, Sporting Goods (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: free tickets to disney parks worldwide!
Cons: reducing size of canadian office
Developed 5 year rolling strategic plans that translated into strong tactical plans that allowed for a balanced approach to local market needs.

Disney allowed for flexibility to develop local product when proven viable as well as adopting North America or Global development.

Relationships with all Canadian major retailers to maximize sales for the Disney brand with Toys, Sporting Goods, and Consumer Electronics was achieved with great assets and the ability to develop customized local trade marketing programs.
A really great place to work once you are a permanent employee
Sr. Mech. Designer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 26, 2013
Pros: free coffee, cereal, and bagels
Cons: you are damned if your project goes over it's hours budget, even if you were assigned after the fact.
THey treat you like gold and give you a lot of creative freedom BUT its very hard to become a permanent employee and there is a lot of competition. Other than that, the work is stimulating and fun. The management has a good sense of comradarie.
Great People
Supervisor of Character Art, Consumer Products (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: great place to be.
Cons: a lot of what made it special is now gone due to restructuring
Small Canadian office, excellent balance between life and work. Lots of opportunity to grow professionally. People were fantastic and I have kept in touch with many I worked with.
Very inspirational and great properties to work with
Food, Health and Beauty Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2012
Pros: working for the best brand in the world and the co-workers.
Cons: small office and low growth opportunities chances.
Well, who doesn't like to work for Mickey and Minnie? The properties are great and have a huge legacy behind. I knew my position was not going to be a challenging one, but it motivates me to work for one of the most recognized brands of the world. The hardest part of the job was understanding I had to develop a low profile position and making the decision to leave and look for a more challenging position with great growth opportunities.
Entrepreneurial, ever-changing environment
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMay 29, 2012
fast-paced, fun environment
great people
chance to prove yourself
environnement de travail exigeant
Vendeur (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 16, 2014
environnement de travail très exigeant, mais convivial dans le fond

The Walt Disney Company Photos