The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Management of World Class Brands and corporate alignement
Senior Manager, Toys, Electronics, Sporting Goods (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: free tickets to disney parks worldwide!
Cons: reducing size of canadian office
Developed 5 year rolling strategic plans that translated into strong tactical plans that allowed for a balanced approach to local market needs.

Disney allowed for flexibility to develop local product when proven viable as well as adopting North America or Global development.

Relationships with all Canadian major retailers to maximize sales for the – more... Disney brand with Toys, Sporting Goods, and Consumer Electronics was achieved with great assets and the ability to develop customized local trade marketing programs. – less
A really great place to work once you are a permanent employee
Sr. Mech. Designer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 26, 2013
Pros: free coffee, cereal, and bagels
Cons: you are damned if your project goes over it's hours budget, even if you were assigned after the fact.
THey treat you like gold and give you a lot of creative freedom BUT its very hard to become a permanent employee and there is a lot of competition. Other than that, the work is stimulating and fun. The management has a good sense of comradarie.
Great People
Supervisor of Character Art, Consumer Products (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: great place to be.
Cons: a lot of what made it special is now gone due to restructuring
Small Canadian office, excellent balance between life and work. Lots of opportunity to grow professionally. People were fantastic and I have kept in touch with many I worked with.
Very inspirational and great properties to work with
Food, Health and Beauty Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2012
Pros: working for the best brand in the world and the co-workers.
Cons: small office and low growth opportunities chances.
Well, who doesn't like to work for Mickey and Minnie? The properties are great and have a huge legacy behind. I knew my position was not going to be a challenging one, but it motivates me to work for one of the most recognized brands of the world. The hardest part of the job was understanding I had to develop a low profile position and making the decision – more... to leave and look for a more challenging position with great growth opportunities. – less
Entrepreneurial, ever-changing environment
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMay 29, 2012
fast-paced, fun environment
great people
chance to prove yourself
friendly environment and great experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: team members are friendly
easy environment and hard work but it was worth learning new skills
Great Work Environment
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 27, 2014
Though it is called "The Happiest Place on Earth", the Disneyland Resort would not be able to say that without its employees. It was not an easy job, as most people assume it is.
There are all kinds of people from all over the world to deal with, though the majority are great, some are not quite pleasant.
Keeping with the Disney standard of excellent – more... is also a huge stress while working, everything is very "by the book" and any infraction can be cause for discipline.
I absolutely loved my coworkers, I made the greatest friends while working there and I know we will continue to be friends. To be honest, if it wasn't for them, I would have quit a lot sooner.
Management meant well, but in the end, it is a very large company, so if you want management to get anything done, you have to be very persistant, or else they will forget.
The best part of the job was putting smiles on people's faces. Sounds cliche, but you can never underestimate your power to change a person's day. – less
Love the Walt Disney Company - A great company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: very nice company perks
Cons: there are no cons
Fun place to work, and the people are like family, wonderful benefits and perks. A very productive place to work. I supported my boss for just shy of 8 years. We were all laid off, due to them going digital and all the stations are being sold. Today, 9/26 was my last day. A very sad and bittersweet day!
very busy and positive work life
Host (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2014
It is constantly full of tourist from all over the world, but the company does a great job at helping each and everyone's need.
Overall a great place to work.
RO Interactive Cast Member (Current Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free entry into any disney parks, worldwide, for you and your family and friends
Cons: it's a large corporation, so sometimes you just get treated like a number.
Like any large corporation, there will be ups and downs. Stay flexible. Go with the flow. And always put yourself out there for new experiences, this will help you advance.
Great Experience
CBRE Contractor (Former Employee), Ravis, AFBSeptember 23, 2014
Priceless experience to rub shoulders with so many different types of people from all over the world. Got to see the great qualities of the human soul by creating bonds with fellow humans looking to survive while trying to make something of themselves...priceless
Fun and enjoyable surrounding
Super Greeter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free themepark admission
Cons: low pay
Great place to work for if you want to network. Schedule is set and must call in before work if you are late. The company is very strict on punctuality.
same as above
Staff Positions (Former Employee), Burbank, CASeptember 17, 2014
same as above. Helped make a sleeping giant into largest entertainment company in the world
great work/life balance, but pay is below garment industry standard.
Creative Costuming (Former Employee), Fullerton, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: no stress or no time lines like normal apparel manufacturers
Cons: low pay, hard to advance
Hardly anyone there has even worked in the garment industry or went to school for it and it's very frustrating.
A magical and internationally diverse employer!
Food and Beverage Hostess, Intern (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free entry to disney parks, opportunities to learn new languages and interact with hundreds of guests each day
Cons: low hours and slow promotion process
Initially trained on back of house duties working in the 5 different shops, but quickly transferred to front of house cashier responsibilities. Built repertoire with guests by holding conversations and recognizing returning families and individuals, as well as creating magical moments for younger guests.

I learned how to interact with guests from all – more... over the world, whether it was just with silent smiles and gestures or practicing new languages, learning new words and phrases daily.

Management and co-workers were supportive and caring. Leaders were constantly around to interact with guests and solve any conflicts that arose.

The most rewarding part of my role was the high level of guest interaction. Being able to take a moment to converse with a guest, share in their good day, solve a problem or give them tips for the rest of their vacation always made my day. – less
Great Company, Long Hours
WDW College Program (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: company benefits
Cons: long hours
l enjoyed my time in Florida working at Disney. It has been a great resume booster and results often in interviews thanks to my short time working here.

Management is very particular and protective of the Disney image and hours were long during the program.
Fun Place to Work
Reservationist (Former Employee), buena vista, mirmar flSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: working at home
Cons: not many hours available
While this is a fun place to work, there isn't a balance between work and home with family. It is much more stressful trying to get enough hours that isn't around the time children are home at night. Most weeks there wasn't many hours available.
MARKETING OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 8, 2014
The Walt Disney Company is a great place to work- I have enjoyed my 15 1/2 years here.
Don't work here
Core Trainer (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 7, 2014
Takes all the fun of being with the public by finding things wrong that you are doing. Think you are going to advance in the company well think again. Worked hard on a project just to get yelled at for not communicating to the team while the rest of the area knows whats going on, not cool. Don't ever think this company is for its workers.
excellent company to work for
Retail Sales Hostess (Former Employee), lake buena vista, floridaSeptember 6, 2014
Working for Disney provided the unique opportunity for me to create magical memories for families and interact with guests from all around the world.

1 2 3 4 5