The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Management of World Class Brands and corporate alignement
Senior Manager, Toys, Electronics, Sporting Goods (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: free tickets to disney parks worldwide!
Cons: reducing size of canadian office
Developed 5 year rolling strategic plans that translated into strong tactical plans that allowed for a balanced approach to local market needs.

Disney allowed for flexibility to develop local product when proven viable as well as adopting North America or Global development.

Relationships with all Canadian major retailers to maximize sales for the – more... Disney brand with Toys, Sporting Goods, and Consumer Electronics was achieved with great assets and the ability to develop customized local trade marketing programs. – less
*Cost & budget calculation of garments from 2007 *Directly work with Customer/ Buyer- Disney, H&M, Sears Canada. *Production Follow up: Sample-Product
Merchandiser In charge of Knit Division (Current Employee), Bangladesh,Though Sabor s.r.lFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: t&da
Cons: ok
-At 9.00 am entering till 6-7 pm. First mail checking, review last day`s work, 1/2 hour short meeting, File making ready to report County Manager by 11 am. Supplier - production follow up till 12 pm. Office job by 1.00 pm. Problem find out , solving it & get feed back. 6 pm next days working plan.

- Merchandising, costing, production,new concept of – more... on going fashion & styling,
- Nice. Some time odd but need to motive with organizational behavior ,
-.working managing very technically
- in time shipment/ delivery of goods. – less
A really great place to work once you are a permanent employee
Sr. Mech. Designer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 26, 2013
Pros: free coffee, cereal, and bagels
Cons: you are damned if your project goes over it's hours budget, even if you were assigned after the fact.
THey treat you like gold and give you a lot of creative freedom BUT its very hard to become a permanent employee and there is a lot of competition. Other than that, the work is stimulating and fun. The management has a good sense of comradarie.
a fun and educational emplorer
youth councellor (Former Employee), disney cruise linesNovember 2, 2012
Pros: a sucure place to workl
to work in a differs work enviorment.To learn new skills and to work in providing a top quality exeperienceto the guests.Toshare myskills and experience with others.
Very inspirational and great properties to work with
Food, Health and Beauty Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2012
Pros: working for the best brand in the world and the co-workers.
Cons: small office and low growth opportunities chances.
Well, who doesn't like to work for Mickey and Minnie? The properties are great and have a huge legacy behind. I knew my position was not going to be a challenging one, but it motivates me to work for one of the most recognized brands of the world. The hardest part of the job was understanding I had to develop a low profile position and making the decision – more... to leave and look for a more challenging position with great growth opportunities. – less
Entrepreneurial, ever-changing environment
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMay 29, 2012
fast-paced, fun environment
great people
chance to prove yourself
Making dreams come true!
Cultural Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 11, 2012
Provided a high level of guest service and leadership in an ever-changing environment. Learned to exceed guest expectations, effective interpersonal communication, how to work with and lead a team, and the art of story telling.
• Awarded the “You’re a Disney Star” award from the Senior VP of Disney; the highest award for a cast member (as recognition – more... from fellow cast members, management, and guests).
• Recipient of the Customer Service Award from the VP of Epcot for exceptional service. – less
loved working here
Front Desk, Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), AnahiemJuly 18, 2014
loved orking here but they pay you horrible and expect you to be craked out peppy happy 24/7
Life of a castmember
Attractions Host (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJuly 16, 2014
Disney is a fun place to work at. I have meet people from around the world. They come to me telling stories of their trip or there life. Sometime is very touching stories. I work on the rides and is a never dull day at the Resort.
Server Hosting - Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2014
I have had a great experience working for Disney. I would recommend it to anyone.
Great Job
Guest Relations Magic Kingdom (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 10, 2014
Great place to work which has a fantastic rich culture. The cast members work great to help make the guest experience amazing.
Great company
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: perks
I most enjoy the great benefits and great people. Many areas to explore and opportunites for all demographics
Great Place to Gain Working Experience
Administrator Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: managing multiple projects
The company is a great place to work! I truly miss the fast pace work environment.
Fun and high paced environment
World Entertainment Staging Specialist (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FloridaJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits! wonderful team and a fun atmosphere
Cons: very conflicting hours - overnight rehearsals and a low income
A typical day at work insists of watching and critiquing the shows throughout property. Along with the monthly rehearsals - teaching the choreography, blocking and scripts for each show. Not only does a staging specialist dance and teach, we also document information, keep logs of notes and information, create books with all of the show information, – more... work along side the management/technician/costuming/cosmetology team. It is also our responsibility to make sure each rehearsal is run smoothly and in a timely manner. Making sure all information is given clearly and efficiently.
The hardest part of the job is when we get last minute shows and are expected to present them to the guests quickly. We make it work however it is very stressful yet fun!
I continue to learn and meet new people in this role. There is always something new - new choreography, new shows, new documents to create, new programs to learn about, etc. – less
enjoyed being involved in the culture
ODF Vendor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: temporary work
I enjoyed being involved in the culture and the history that is Disney. It opened my eyes to new things. I loved working with the children, and the characters. It was always a fun place. Always a new experience. I wish it had lasted longer
Loved The Company
Supergreeter and Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: experiences unparalelled
Cons: there are alot of cast members and not allot of reprisentation
Working for one of the most highly successful companies in the world has been a real pleasure, however I am looking to learn more and use my skills to better a new company.
Productive, fun work place
Radio Disney-Road Crew Member (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: fun events
Cons: short breaks
I like being a Disney Employee, there are many opportunities available in this company.
na
Technical Site Coordinator\ I Mgnt. Sr. Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2014
good company and business to work for, im looking to possibly relocate given the right situation.
productive place
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 23, 2014
Pros: free tickets
Cons: rude guests, rude coworkers
productive place with many individuals who perform their job
Great place
Technical Coordinator (Current Employee), London, ENGJune 22, 2014
Enjoy working at this company as the goals and values are great.

1 2 3 4 5