The Waegwoltic Club, founded in 1908, is a private recreational and social club specializing in swimming, tennis, sailing, and beach volleyball. A family tradition, we offer a "cottage in the city” atmosphere to a large membership whom come together with the common interest to live healthy and social lives. We take pride in providing high-quality programs, activities and dining facilities to our diverse membership and their guests, while providing a safe clean friendly environment that all members alike can enjoy.
We are currently seeking the following (2) Full-time Maintenance positions:
Reports to: Foreman
Scope: We are looking for individuals who will be an ambassador of the Waegwoltic Club, it's members and the community at large.
As a part of our maintenance team you will have general knowledge and experience with preventative maintenance and facility issues relating to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, flooring, drywall repairs, window replacement and painting.
Duties & Responsibilities are not limited to, but including the following areas:
- Prepares pools for seasonal operations and assists in shutting down facilities for winter
- Filtration and chlorination of swimming pools
- Conducts daily pool testing
- Maintains daily log of water test results; ensures water results meet health and safety standards
- Performs preventive maintenance to all pool areas ensuring operational and safety standards are met
- Daily miscellaneous repairs such as decking, gates, piping, and overall washroom/shower facilities
- Prepares courts and washroom facilities for seasonal operations
- Ensures court watering system is in working condition and operating efficiently
- Conducts daily court maintenance including removal debris, weeds, watering of courts
- Removes debris from all walkways around tennis courts and hut
- Ensures all garbage cans, benches, picnic tables, and seating are in good condition
- Daily miscellaneous repairs to hut and washroom/locker room facilities
Tender and Moorings:
- Assists with the placement of moorings each Spring and dropping in the Fall
- Ensures all decking and docks are free of exposing nails and any broken or rotted boards are replaced
- Keeps boat house clean of all debris and garbage
- Ensures all tools, chemicals, gas, etc. are stored in assigned places and follows our safety policies and procedures
- Maintains good working condition and cleanliness of tender and row boat
- Delivers high member service when transporting members to and from mooring field
- General repairs and up keep of all buildings and green areas
- Maintains a daily log report on property repairs
- Works with departments to ensure preventive maintenance is conducted or repairs are completed in order of priority
- Builds chairs and benches including painting
- Snow removal and salting in winter months
- Takes on other assignments as may be required
- Builds positive relations with all members and guests
- Proven experience in property management and preventive maintenance
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Strong work ethic and able to work with minimal supervision
- Team orientated and strong leadership skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Valid driver's license
Candidate must be available to work Monday to Friday and be available to work occasional overtime during the evenings or weekends.
This is a full-time salaried position. Compensation plan includes benefits and company administered pension plan.
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful candidate passing appropriate background checks.
Resumes should be forwarded no later than March 1st, 2013 by email or mail to:
The Waegwoltic Club
6549 Coburg rd
Halifax, N.S., B3H 2A6
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.