The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA25 April 2017
Responsible for merchandising
Customer relations expert
Collaborated with management to grow customer profiles
Interactive sampling regimine
Community outreach
Great place to work with great people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Easley, SC24 April 2017
The job itself is great! I love the company and the people I work with. The only downfall is some of the upper management is not really involved with the stores. They are hard to contact and seem not to care as much as they should. The job is easy and you get to learn about so much about interesting products. The customers are great also!
Pros
Learning material, paid holidays, laid back environment
Cons
Not a lot of help from upper management, long hours
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MI23 April 2017
Management plays favorites. I would not bother working here because the people who do everything get no recognition and the people who do nothing are favoritized.
great work environment
Linegraphix, 6891 Bandera Rd - Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX19 April 2017
great work environment to be in. you learn a lot within the products that vitamin shoppe offers for customers and with time you become knowledgeable in assisting what best suits customers needs.
Vitamin Shoppe review
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ19 April 2017
Decent place to work for the most part, however plenty of issues that could be handled MUCH better. Tend to show favoritism, even if you are knowledgeable, hard working, and fun to be around, you may not ever see a promotion.
Pros
flexible with your schedule.
Cons
favoritism is big.
great place to learn about supplements
Healt Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL16 April 2017
I was able to learn and understand the different uses of each supplement in regards to nutrition and was able to test these supplements to better my training results
Great Management with Equally Quality Employees
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OH15 April 2017
Working at Store 801 was the most fun job I have had to date, being able to go to work daily and work with friends was the greatest experience.

On top of that I had the confidence in all of our knowledge that we were delivering a great customer experience.
Pros
Great Management, Constant Access To Food, Accommodating
Cons
Very productive and location was easy to get to
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MA12 April 2017
A typical work day would go from twelve in the afternoon to about nine o'clock at night. We would help with basic customer service help regarding weightlifting and diet supplements, as well as overall health goals and questions people had. We would also constantly check and make sure the store was clean, neat, and presentable for the customers coming in.
Nice company overall
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WA12 April 2017
Not a lot of room for advancement. Prefers to hire outside of the company and not promote from within. Dynamic geared towards sales and not customer service. Does not trust employees. Overall a stable place to work and learn about the health industry on your own time.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Management, advancement
Great management and realistic goals
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OH10 April 2017
The Vitamin Shoppe was a great place to work. At the time, I went to college full-time, and I was always able to compromise with my schedule if need be. I became close to all my co workers and almost never had a problem with any individual. Highly recommended.
Pros
Great co workers and realistic goals.
Cons
Low pay
Based on Knowledge
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA6 April 2017
Great place to gain knowledge about the health products they sell within the facility. Friendly environment and also an active one. If looking for a career to get your foot in the health door, this is the job to have.
Only work here if you're waiting on another job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  SC5 April 2017
Company does not reward dedicated employees. Employees that have spent almost 10 years with the company have been used and unsupported with little pay increase and no advancement. With high turnover rates, employees are unable to maintain or even reach the unrealistic expectations which are not shared with them until later. Disappointed in the "little to no care" they have for those that have served this company well. Know that when they use you, they get rid of you with little to no notice. Furthermore, they will set you up for failure and suggest that it's your fault.
Pros
Health conscious customers and products
Cons
Poor upper level management, low wages, unrealistic expectations
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NY3 April 2017
Great company to work for; the manager is very flexible and is always willing to work with any associate; advancement in the company is always there as well
Used to be better with past Ceo
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX2 April 2017
When I first began with The Vitamin Shoppe I enjoyed it. After New CEO not so much. I used to have a Life work balance but not so much towards the end.
Pros
Free samples, NIce Discount.
Cons
HOurs being cut. It's hard to keep Part Time employees.
IT Inventory & LAN Port Audit
Special Project Technician (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJ28 March 2017
Nice 5 week contract project. Very nice environment both on the IT side and with the clients. Very casual atmosphere.
IT management very hands off. Provided clear scope of work and the results expected. Reported work results on Friday afternoon and expected work for the coming week.
Pros
Casual environment
Cons
Productive, friendly, caring, and much more!
Part Time Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA27 March 2017
In my personal opinion I think the Vitamin Shoppe has been an outstanding place to work. They have taught me so many different techniques and responsibilities that I will one day use for my career. The Vitamin Shoppe works around my schedule along with the other employees who work there. We have a great connection among all the employees, and it's never an uncomfortable place to work. I have learned management skills, communication skills, the nutrition facts about supplements I never thought I would know. I have learned over 400 different products and the unique importance of each of them. The hardest part of my job is getting a customer who can simply not be satisfied. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a customer happy, and giving them a product they truly need and or can benefit from.
Pros
The people
Cons
nothing
Fun Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA20 March 2017
You learn a lot working here. Definitely was a benefit to my own health. Pay is relatively low unless you are in management and work life balance isn't the best. Overall however, good job.
Fun and entertaining work experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Caguas, PR16 March 2017
Working at the Vitamin Shoppe is a very pleasant experience each and every day. Every customer comes in with a certain necessity and even though we are trained in (Wellness and in Fitness), every case is very different. I enjoy having to do research to help customers with certain special conditions that require more information for me to assist them. Learning is something that never ends at the Vitamin Shoppe. As part of the management team, we ensure that we keep track of numbers constantly so everyone is on the same page, looking to make the goal.
Nice place to work
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CA15 March 2017
The manager at my branch was a nice person and tried to accommodate me. I received a decent amount of training. The people who work there are decent and the customers aren't too bad.
Fun work place awesome manager.
Health Enthusiast/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MN10 March 2017
All around a great place to work, manager is awesome which is a plus, not much room for advancement and schedule is never set always changing which is usually due to the retail atmosphere.
Pros
Discount supplements, fun workout place, awesome manager
Cons
schedule always changing, not much room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vitamin Shoppe. Our community is ready to answer.