The Vitamin Shoppe

The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

Very good client to work with
Technical Consultant, Perficient India Pvt Ltd (Former Employee) –  ChennaiJuly 25, 2016
Reasonable work life balance and chance to work with latest industry tools is the highlight of working with Vitamin Shoppe
Good Luck
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 22, 2016
If you like to be disrespected a good amount of the time by your co-workers and work 3.5 hour shifts, this is the job for you.
Pros
Free sample supplements
Cons
Horrible management
Great fun to work but knowledge is power.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 19, 2016
Working for Vitamin Shoppe is challenging but working hard never stopped me from anything. Loved the environment and the people.
Good Starter Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 14, 2016
I have a very mixed feeling about Vitamin Shoppe. Starting from just part-time help to an Assistant Manager, I began to notice the typical faults of a retail company that looses site on their employees and focus on numbers. Very micro-managing from the district managers and it is less about customer service than it is selling them a product, and other small items to a make a, "full basket". Yes that is an actual quote from one of the training guides, for what you are expected to do for each customer and that is to, "fill the basket". Beyond that I also felt very under appreciated for the work I was doing as well as severely under paid.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2016
Great place to work. Good work/life balance and amazing company culture. Well established retailer with growth opportunity. If you are comfortable with customer interaction and a wide variety of products you will love this job.
Alright
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2016
Good if youre going to college. Pretty easy work but can really get repetitive and there are many rules.
Helping customers is the best part of the job and you really learn alot
Good place to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJune 20, 2016
Good place to work for unless it comes to having to let someone go then its a complete hassle even if the person needs to be terminated asap.
Pros
great pay, pto, fmla, benefits, etc
Cons
higher management, letting people go, staffing, etc
good place to work
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 17, 2016
co workers are very friendly. Pay rate is very low for most position. A typical work day for a health enthusiast is cleaning the store, stocking new products and helping customers.
Nice Co-workers
Health Ethusiast (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2016
Loved working here, my supervisors were some of the best I have ever had. I would still be there if I could have advanced in positions quicker. The work environment is laid back but hardworking.
Entry Level Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2016
The team makes you feel welcomed. You learn something new everyday. The upper management also makes sure everyone is happy to work.
Vitamin Shoppe
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CA 94553June 3, 2016
People that work there are good people. The pay is low for the knowledge they want there staff to have of their products. Discounts are the perk to working there.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay
great job with perks
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 1, 2016
great perks from vendors and get to constantly talk about nutrition. constantly learning about nutrition. Management is great unless pressured by upper management
Productive workplace
QC Chemist (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMay 27, 2016
I enjoy my job as QC Chemical. Every day, under GMP, I analyze different kinds of raw material and finished product samples by techniques such as: HPLC, Biolumix, Titration, Dissolution, Friability, etc.
Excellent Company to Begin a Career
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 25, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the Vitamin Shoppe. There is a lot of room for growth within the company, they are wlling to work with you if you need to relocate, and they treat the employees excellently.
A typical day at work mostly consists of assisting customers with their individual health and wellness goals. Actively listening and finding the perfect products for their needs. I made it my goal to build a relationship with every customer and make sure they they left with exactly what they wanted to enrich their lives.
Problems will arise when you use technology everyday. Quick thinking skills are essential and a general understand of computers, printers, and P.O.S systems. Occasionally a register might go down and you'll find yourself with a line of 5 customers and several needing assistance finding products. Being able to find a quick resolution to ensure every customers needs are acknowledged and met is very important.
I learned all these things by working with the Vitamin Shoppe, and definitely more. The management is comfortable to work with and come to with issues if needed. I always felt secure in my position and heard by those in positions above me.
The hardest part of my job was finding like minded potential candidates for hire. I am passionate wherever I work and when it came to recruiting, it was difficult to find similar candidates.
I most enjoyed helping customers. I met many different inspiring people, and the fact that I could help them achieve their personal and unique goals was more than rewarding. And when they would come back to visit me, to thank
  more... me with helping them reach their goals, and the many different accomplishments they made, that was the most rewarding.  less
Pros
assisting customers with their needs, health benefits, internal growth opportunities, and paid training in health and supplements
Cons
old computer systems which lead to a lot of technical problems
Good training program
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 25, 2016
Management cares about your progress and has a comprehensive training program that continues your education throughout your employment.
Fun Work
Sales Representative/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 24, 2016
Having the opportunity to help people in a different way , it makes me more enthusiastic about Vitamins and Sport Supplements. It is an important part of increment my knowledge in vitamins.
Pros
free samples
Cons
Not cons
Good place overall to work, but can be slow paced
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIMay 23, 2016
I enjoy working there. The pace is a little slower than I would like. It is very educational and the customers, for the most part, are nice, and interesting. Corporate IT is very slow to respond to our needs, which can be frustrating.
Pros
The education of products, and the samples.
Cons
What the other employees can get away with.
Great First Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJMay 10, 2016
Great first job, loved the environment. Career builder into previous job and current job as well. Left to pursue a management position and now into a sales and management position
fun and very educating workplace
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 2, 2016
I loved working in The Vitamin Shoppe; manager was friendly, I got to talk to a wide selection of people so I improved my people skills and gain a great deal of knowledge about supplements and health products, which later on helped me with my Personal Training career.
Pros
fun workplace, able to gain knowlege and advance
Cons
short hours
An informative workplace to help people with health issues,
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 26, 2016
Everyday is a new learning experience. I enjoy learning about herbs and vitamins and how they can help people with certain health issues.