The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

Miss the point
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT15 December 2017
When its all about customer, the Vitamin Shoppe is focused primarily on the bottom line. Total disregard for employees, raises, bonuses, or customers except to improve sale and store performance.
Fun Place
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NH15 December 2017
Best part is the discount. If you have a good boss the environment is awesome. Lastly, the company wants you to actually know about what's in the store so you walk out with a wealth of knowledge.
Pros
Discount, environment
Cons
Pay
loved my job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA14 December 2017
I had a bad regional management experience and that made me leave. It was unexpected and disappointing to say the least that I was treated disrespectfully after working there for awhile and was backed against the wall for something I didn't do. I was being forced to admit to something I didn't do. I was one of the top sales associate and I loved my job.
Pros
great products, great customers, good management, good co workers
Cons
bad upper management, low pay
Nice people, but no room for advancement
Not saying (Current Employee) –  Not saying13 December 2017
I love the group of people I work with. My major qualm is that I was told when I started that they loved hiring and promoting from within. Lately, a lot of the job openings are going to either people from outside the company or temporary employees.
fun place to work with safety first
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJ6 December 2017
I really enjoy to work with vitamin shoppe. been have learn lots of new things using computer and communicate with different culture people.hardest part be patient and fear.
Pros
holidays lunches
Cons
store discount
Amazing company that can easily be mismanaged
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  NY6 December 2017
Of the 3 managers I have has with vitamin shoppe, only 1 was great at their job. It is impossible to get rid of bad managers there also. Requesting transfers also does not work if you are good at your job.
Opportunities
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NY5 December 2017
I have worked for the company for about 3 years. it is a good company. It all boils down to which location and who are your managers.
I learned a lot when it comes to health and fitness
Excellent Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, CA27 November 2017
Provided excellent customer service as a cashier, addressed customer questions and concerns. Opened and closed cash register, verified accurate money count at the end of shift. Organized and processed merchandise on the sales floor. Performed cleaning duties such as bathroom maintenance, sweeping and mopping sales floor. Corresponded via telephone as well as e-mail regarding customer orders and business transactions.
Car Salesman
Vitamin (Former Employee) –  United States27 November 2017
If you like sales and forcing people to buy product that is not the best for them, then you'll love working here. You have to push brands that are the company's own and you have to sell a certain amount of it everyday, or you will get in trouble. Oh and if you want customers to ask you really detailed medical questions and expect you to answer it, this is the job for you!
Pros
Spend all your money here
Cons
Smelly Gym Rats
Fun and inviting environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI27 November 2017
Vitamin Shoppe is a friendly environment with a core value of helping others achieve their wellness goals. The pay is great and it is one of the best retail jobs I have ever had.
Pros
Vacation time, Discounts, Free merchandise
Cons
Lack of advancements
Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 November 2017
Good place to work, would recommend to a friend. Management was great and very helpful. Laid back culture and very good work/life balance. However, sometimes too slow and can be boring.
ok job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  5 different stores16 November 2017
not a career just a job didnt like working alone did not feel safe. hours very reduced. must like nutrition to enjoy job..............................
Able to learn about health continuously
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI14 November 2017
Every hour is geared toward customer service. Learned alot about health and nutrition, from company and customers as well. the workplace culture is somewhat laid back.
Pros
Education
Cons
No benefits
Great Culture
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJ10 November 2017
Sr.Management was always available and support open communications. Great people as all focused on common goals and achieved them on time. Look forward to future contract engagements.
Great Company
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MS8 November 2017
The Culture of the company is diverse. The environment is very

relaxed and casual. A great place to work. Its very educational. The

only negative about the company is that if you are part-time you

donot get any benefits. But if you have other sources of income this

is an easy place to work at.
Pros
Casual Environment
Cons
No Benefits Offered To part-timers.
Love it
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL7 November 2017
I love working at the vitamin shoppe. For me though having two degrees I am just looking for something different. Really good pay for the amount of work. Great place to work.
Pros
discount, lots of breaks
Cons
uniform
Standard retail/sales job for those who are interested in health
Assistant Manager/Key Holder/Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO7 November 2017
Working at Vitamin Shoppe has been a good experience overall. The manager I worked for was always very flexible with my schedule, both during my time as a student and afterwards. The hours weren't that hard to manage, especially once I graduated. The benefits were good, but I cannot see someone who doesn't take personal health seriously enjoying working there.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Decent benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisiana29 October 2017
Job comes with decent benefits and provides a decent work-life balance as far as retail jobs go. Company is having some identity issues at this moment.
picking
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ29 October 2017
order picker pick piles and load in a ben for them to load you have a line of people rotating.aru.ound the warehouse in a fast paase.then they have people load them.
Great company, great perks!
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  California27 October 2017
A great company to work for! I have another primary job source so I use this to supplement my income. However, I do wish I worked less hours but that comes with the territory of working in sales. Each store employee capacity is different and as a smaller store I have to pull more hours with less people on staff. Great company, great environment, a lot to learn but they teach you all of the essentials! It was a good pick in terms of a supplement store to work for.
Pros
40% discount on store owned brands and 20% discount on any other brand
Cons
Hours of operation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vitamin Shoppe. Our community is ready to answer.