The Vitamin Shoppe

The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
factory
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJAugust 27, 2015
Pros: nice break
Cons: Healthcare
load trucks
make sure the orders where correct
stock merchandise
management was very polite
co workers where always about getting the job done
Productive work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Jackson,MSAugust 20, 2015
Pros: customer interaction
On a typical day
Accept shipment
.Reconcile cash with sales receipts, keep operating records, and prepare daily record of transactions for Accounting Department
Decent
Encapsulation Documentation Machine Operator (Current Employee), Miami LakesAugust 15, 2015
I enjoy my work at the vitamin shop, I just feel that my mechanic knowledge is of better use elsewhere. I personally too would like a job that includes more machines.
Treat Emplyoees well
Manager (Current Employee), PAAugust 14, 2015
Competitive retail wages. Long hours, a very high paced work place with a strong emphasis on customer service and employee development.
No chance for advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), East Point, GAAugust 13, 2015
I was told when hired that they only promote from within. This was extremely important to me coming from a job that didn't. So far, I have been witness to 3 store managers being hired from outside the company. That's bad enough, but then, the Company does not train these people. Those of us under the Store Manager are being forced to train them. Its ridiculous.
The Vitamin Shoppe
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), NYAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Customer friendly.
Cons: Low pay. Bad management.
Assistant Manager hired 1 1/2 years ago. Pay rate is low. One year raise at 21 cents! Learning about store product is critical and the company has learning paths that are very good at educating on product. Store manager is not qualified or effective in position. Environment is good for retail - all customers are welcomed and addressed and assisted. Customers are treated as if they are important. Staff – more... is not. Micro-management, lack of imagination and humor as well as zero people-skills possessed by my particular store manager make the job far less enjoyable than it could be. The hardest part of the position is staying motivated while enduring low wages and bad management. The most enjoyable is making connections with customers and having the tools/information to truly help them with their needs. My co-workers are mainly young, bright people using the job as short term income. Very difficult to hire new people due to the low wage. Very difficult to retain good people due to bad management. – less
vitamins
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), azAugust 9, 2015
daily overall operations
meeting a customers need through the education of the product helping with stocking , inventory ordering
Great people and fun work enviroment!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Midland, TXAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Good pay, great products, and fun work enviroment.
Cons: Lack of personal and professional work balance
The Vitamin Shoppe is an outstanding company! Management really cares and gets to know their employees, even at the corporate level.
Productive in Nutrition
Key Holder, Assistant Manager, Manager, (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 2, 2015
Pros: free supplements to try out
Cons: it is a part time job
It s part of my life to be someone that is interested in Health and exercise. Helping people to become health conscious by providing excellent customer service about health and nutrition.
Fun and interesting work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJJuly 23, 2015
Working at The Vitamin Shoppe was one of my most favorite jobs. I enjoyed that everyday i was consistently developing my knowledge of product and had all the resources at my finger tips to continuously learn more about supplementation. If i was unsure of a solution for a customers situation i was always able to find one fast and effectively. Striving to help customers embrace a healthy lifestyle was my personal motivation to continue to learn and embrace my position as a health enthusiast.
Good people but No hours.
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Constant learning and good quality customer service
Cons: Not enough hours to give around and raises don't come around like promotions.
This is a great company for health assistance and service to many needs in those of us looking to keep a better quality of life through supplementation.
great place, little advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), MDJuly 16, 2015
Pros: good discount, great learning material
Cons: not enough hours and low pay for part timers
good company with bad execution. It seems that they do not know what direction they want to go in. There is not much room for advancement beyond assistant manager. They give you guidelines to help with customer issues, but when the customer complains it is your fault, no matter if you did what was right or not. They need to find an identity and employ more people per store. No one can afford to work for 8 9 dollars an hour and only 12 hours a week.
productive and fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Former Employee), Bohemia, NYJuly 10, 2015
Would refer people to the job as i was treated fairly and the environment was very comfortable. Great work experience to learn about different fields of work.
Great company with a bright future
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 30, 2015
Cons: Pay.
Outstanding company policy, customer relations, employee relations and awesome mission. This company is growing by leaps and bounds in a struggling economy. They do so by offering a wide range of products at a great price, they are moving with the times, updating social media and staying hip with the latest trends. They are in great local locations and promote great customer service. They treat their employees well and give fantastic room for growth.
nice place discount on product
rf scanner pick packer (Former Employee), Kearny, NJJune 30, 2015
Pros: friendly enviorment
Cons: not able to be full time employed
busy learned how to use a scanner .management was bad co workers were great and the hardest part of the job was just getting there .I just enjoyed the work and the people who were there
A very knowledgable envirnoment, fun atmosphere.
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee), Allen, TXJune 28, 2015
Pros: Helping people reach their goals, samples, meeting other companies.
Vitamin Shoppe requires you take alot of courses which greatly increases your supplement knowledge. If you're into health and fitness you learn alot and can apply it to your daily life and help others with it as well.
Good place to work out and good opportunity to make good money
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJune 20, 2015
Pros: commission, promotions, management
Cons: short breaks, working alone
Great fun place to work at, very good opportunities to make extra money on commission. Overall store energy was great and fun. Management was fair and very flexible on schedule
Health and wellness
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2015
Pros: Always learning
Cons: No room for growth
Health and wellness is what the vitamin shoppe promotes, we get customer from all over the world looking for a change in lifestyle, we provide that change through knowledge and personal experince.
RF Scanner
RF Scanner (Former Employee), Kearny, NJJune 18, 2015
Pros: pay rate
Cons: no benefits
Utilizing the RF Scanner to pick product so it can then be packaged and shipped to different locations and or warehouses.
Fun and educational workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJune 18, 2015
This company is a good company and their training programs are very efficient. My coworkers were fun to work with and problems brought to management were handled to the benefit of all.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Vitamin Shoppe

Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, – Read more