The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South Carolina17 October 2017
I love working at The Vitamin Shoppe. Upper management is supportive. Customers are easy going. Pay is competitive. Perks are awesome. We also earn monthly bonuses.
Pros
Free products and education
Cons
Shipment errors cause inventory shortages
People were friendly
Forklift Operator/Blender Operator (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJ16 October 2017
The work atmosphere was not very clean most of the time and the pay was very low.There were helpful assoc.However,.The place had been under warning for its lack of cleanliness.
Pros
The discounts were goo.
Cons
The place lacked safety violation.
A day at work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL13 October 2017
1.All day assistance to customers.

2. Employee TEAMWORK !

3.Managing the store. Keeping everything organized and minor paper work that needs to be completed.

4.Knowledge on Products.
Pros
Discounts, hours weekly are fine
Cons
Salary is stagnant and won't improve.
Great Environment
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJ12 October 2017
Time at the Vitamin Shoppe was exceptional. I learned a lot and there was great opportunity for internal promotion. Exposed to man different sides of the business
Great!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NY11 October 2017
The location i was at was great with good people and very very friendly customers. This was Probally one of the biggest stores ive ever worked in but it was a challenge.
Vitamin Shoppe
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 October 2017
Wouldn't recommend this job. Company only cares for sales and pushing new add ons, not about customers. Management will send you to other stores and have you work double shifts, no overtime allowed. Schedules are inconsistently made, every week is different and the schedules are sent out the night before the next week shifts are supposed to begin.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, demanding, inconsistent
Product Development Specialist- Contractor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ9 October 2017
The company's culture was amazing, everyone worked together really well and it was a very relaxed environment. Multiple corporate run events and training seminars were held.
It was a job
Key Holder and Interim Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NY8 October 2017
The original manager that I had only lasted two months of me being there. She was extremely intelligent but overworked and got no help from upper management. My co-workers were some of the best I have ever had. The assistant manager that was eventually put in was extremely knowledgeable and very good as a leader. Overall the store itself has many benefits not only from the discounts but I loved the relational aspect of it as well. You made a lot of friends, you were taught well, you had expectations but there was a reality that it was not always going to be meet. It was the regional management that ruined everything. There was poor management skills, as well as favoritism. Both of which caused many issues with the store I worked at.
The best job I ever have.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL5 October 2017
I love my job, great customers and peers. The DM treat me with respect and is always available if I need anything.
The company gives you the freedom to be yourself and all the tools to be knowledgeable in every sense.
Pros
Learning, samples, great discounts, traveling once a year...
Cons
Low payroll hours.
Place of double standard
Keyholding Manager on duty (Former Employee) –  Niles, OH5 October 2017
Poor management flows in hierarchy. Unfair treatment of employees and unaccountable, non-present management. I loved what I did until management seen it as a weakness and target for abuse.

Standards of policies and workflow weren't followed by all employees, starting from management down. I would never work there again, although I would consider that industry again.

Want to know more about The Vitamin Shoppe?

Ask a question
Good place to work but the high turnover makes the job hard.
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VA5 October 2017
It's a good place to work but the high turnover makes the job hard. You have to run more than one workstation, sometime up to 4, to keep the line running.
Good for promoting health and wellness
Assisting Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, IL4 October 2017
The opportunity provided a great stepping stone to the next phase of my life. To help people make educated and informed decisions regarding their health and nutrition was a great experience.
Overall great place to work
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Indiana3 October 2017
Great place to work. They offer all benefits however the healthcare plans offered are not the best. It's relaxed fast and slow paced. The pay is okay for the work at hand however could definitely be much better. I mostly agree with the culture. I have been reading other reviews saying that others experience have been to push products like were commissioned and here in my district that is not the case at all. We would rather give you honest feedback versus selling you something you don't actually need. So I may not agree with everything here I still say it's an awesome place to work!!
Pros
Employee discount, ad match anywhere, auto delivery
Cons
Healthcare, salary, communication
Vitamin Shoppe Review
Assistant Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VA1 October 2017
Overall, this is a great place to work. The management team is very supportive; the atmosphere is fast-paced but relaxed; the group of people that I serve (over 300) are hard-working employees. Together, all have become like a family and supporting them is the most enjoyable part of my job. The hours that I work each week are the hardest part of the job. As our organization has grown, the number of workers in the DC has almost doubled. So, the hours are long. But I'm in the process of interviewing for a 3rd member of the HR team. With the addition of a Coordinator, the work-life balance should correct itself and allow for more time to be strategic.
Pros
Discounts at VS stores; fun health initiatives; the people I work with
Great place to work if you enjoy dishonesty
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA29 September 2017
This was a great place to work until the company began to see a decline in customer spending due to Amazon. The culture was negative and almost cult-like. As a manager, you're expected to sell as if you are on commission. We were expected to push only the house brand first even if the competitor was of higher quality, which is something they tell you will not happen when you are first hired. Often times the management is poor and the communication with the corporate office is never consistent; from the RM to the DM to the SM. The plus side is there is usually an incredible amount of downtime so you are able to build a relationship with the customers.
Pros
Downtime, customer base, benefits
Cons
Poor management, culture, lack of communication
Productive and learn a lot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX28 September 2017
This was a great first job. You learn a lot working here since they offer courses to help you better understand vitamins, supplements, and protein. Management works well with you if you attend school.
Pros
Good Discounts.
Cons
Short Breaks, slow days
Decent
Key Holder/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY28 September 2017
The work environment and balance was good. The only complaint I ever had was the way the store manager spoke to the customers. She would often get hateful and belittling. The customers are our main goal and our main driver.
A typical day was often face paced yet easy. I loved working there, but left for what I thought was a much more forward thinking job. I wanted to be a part of something bigger.
Pros
Making lives better
Cons
working every weekend
Great experiences
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Valencia, NM26 September 2017
I overall had great experiences working for The Vitamin Shoppe. I learned many things about sales and customer service techniques. This job has prepared me to take on mostly anything.
Pros
Great environment, gained knowledge.
Cons
The District Manager for this company has favorites & if your not one of them you get no recognition or help!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 September 2017
a typical day is assisting cutomers health & wellness goals.
what I have learned is communication is key. Listening is very imortant and helping others is rewarding.The
management team at store level is great. The problem is the District Manager with his lies, favoritism & selctive acknowledgements.
Most enjoyable part of the job getting to meet new people & building new customer relationships.
Pros
Learning about health
Best job ever
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Oswego, IL21 September 2017
I loved this job. Great co-workers and management until a new manager came in and changed up the entire store and fired two employees in a week. Other than that, great pay, environment, benefits, etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vitamin Shoppe. Our community is ready to answer.