The Vitamin Shoppe

The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
flexable, friendly, teamwork, loyalty
International Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee), north bergen, njNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at the office is using Word, Excel, and Outlook. I am held responsible to arrange international shipment. Ensure accuracy of shipments and complete approval of the process. Also preparing international documentation, such as, invoices, and certification of origin.
Throughout the course of my experience with the company I have learned how – more... to prepare myself in advance for any deadlines or new task assigned. I have had many experience with the company that I am highly confident to take control of any situation as well as decision making without a managers approval. I enjoy communicating with different people throughout the world. It has been a pleasure and a great experience. However, what is most importantly to me and my job description is knowing each day I have satisfied customers whom gain trust towards me and the company. – less
Great Atmosphere with Great people.
Store Manager - Full Time (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDNovember 10, 2014
Love working for a company that provides a great customer experience. Also, that helps people with life goals.
Productive and Safe Work Environment
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee), Oswego, IllinoisNovember 4, 2014
Experienced professional with leading and organizational skills that balance work, team support and ad-hoc responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
Great place to feel like you are really helping people
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAOctober 26, 2014
Any job in retail gets a little mundane, but at least at the Vitamin Shoppe you really feel like you are helping people. There is stock and rotations to do, but you have a regular customer base who really look to you to help them meet their wellness goals. It is nights and weekends that is the worst part, but that is typical retail. You get a chance – more... to try a lot of knew supplements and there is a great employee discount policy. Overall just a great company to work for, and a mission statement that you can be really proud of when you talk about your job to people. – less
Great place to learn about supplements, pay is not high enough for all the things they require you to do.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Georgetown, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: education, team players, free samples, small team
Cons: they don't pay enough for what they want you to do, small team
A typical day of work would just depend on what day of the week it is, if it's Tuesday we have shipment that day so everything is revolving around shipment. Management is good, it can be a bit micro-managed at times but still not bad. My co-workers are great, you really get to know the people you work with because you work in such a small team. I have – more... been with the company going on two years now, so i do not think there are any more hard things. Everything i thought was hard at first became normal with repetition. The most enjoyable part of my day is helping the guests find supplements for their unique needs. – less
Excellent company!
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 10, 2014
I learned more than I ever knew about supplements, vitamins, and wellness during my time here as an associate. This is an outstanding company and it offers a large array of affordable products for all consumers. To be honest, this was the best retail job I had ever had. I miss it so much!
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Burbank, ILOctober 2, 2014
Nice place to work. Good people good working environment. Some corporate managers were not pleasant to be around.
Rewarding experience
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: constant learning that earns you pay increases, it is easy to move up in the company if you so desire
Flexible hours, and company-provided learning modules allow you to learn about supplements and how to use them. Multitasking is a must. Every day is different, so it keeps things interesting.
Productive workplace, where everyone works with one another as a team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be ringing out customers in the cashier, picking up phone calls, and providing customers with information on a product or whether we have the product in our store. I also handle special orders, in which we would order a product for a customer from our company and give them a call as soon as the product has arrived.
I have – more... learned more about time management, and found that I am excellent in dealing with multiple task at once, in which I would finish my task quickly. I also learned to handle any problem that a customer might have, and resolving it in a reasonable manner while also showing empathy for their situation.
Management, as well as co-workers are good, everyone gets along with one another, and are treated fairly. Everyone works together as a team, and provides help when needed.
The hardest part of the job would be rush over, where we have many customers in the store. At times it could be a little overwhelming, but I handle to situation very calmly and I do a good job handling multiple customers. The most enjoyable part of my job would be helping a customer with either finding a product or giving them information on a vitamin, and how it can benefit their health. – less
Vitamin Shoppe
Part-time health enthusiast (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks, too far from home and work, too little pay, poor management, not enough hours.
Working at the Vitamin Shoppe has been a character-building experience. I’ve learned all there is to know about natural healing and supplementation. Management here could be better, due to lack of communication and poor management skills in general. Co-workers are friendly and helpful; always willing to lend a hand and collaborate when necessary. The – more... hardest part of working here is dealing with people who think they know more than I do about supplements. Also, everyone seems to be asking for a discount, making it difficult to reach sales goals. Although the job can be difficult, I enjoy educating the public on natural healing and how to live a healthier lifestyle. – less
good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), North Bergen, NJAugust 10, 2014
good place to grow. will help you if willing to work extra hours.
Health and Wellness - what could go wrong
Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 6, 2014
Pros: Promotes a healthy lifestyle, discount on products, ability to help customers with their health, networking abilities.

Cons: Lack of trust, micromanagement, low pay for the extensive knowledge one must possess, no job security, difficult to advance without stepping on people or sucking up to upper management, no allowance for creativity.
Productive and educational
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Easton, PAJuly 28, 2014
Straightening products, cleaning, helping customers, cash register
learned different uses for vitamins
A great group of people to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 13, 2014
Pros: coworkers are great
I is such a lovely place to work every one is very friendly. No regrets working at the Vitamin Shoppe.
Stable job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
The job duties entailed providing customer service, cashier duties, and stock/ maintenance chores. The job does not offer competitive pay. The responsibilities severely outweigh the salary.
the "vitamin shoppe"
Store Manager (Former Employee), Long Island, NYJune 29, 2014
Pros: free samples of products
Cons: disrespectful, discouraging, no loyalty towards employees
After working 6 years for this company it came to an end. I held the Associate position for 1 year then received a promotion for an Assistant manager for 2 years and ended up with a Store manager's position for 3 years, however the companies moral and ethical standards have gone down the drain. The District Maanager's are unprofessional with the store – more... manager's, For example, I have been treated unfairly numerous times. There were times when my District Manager refused to approve my vacation / carry over time. You have to deal with a lot for a very little amount. The manager must do doubles if any one calls out and after completing double shifts there are no recognitions for hard work, however more questions are asked by the senior's.Uncomfortable environment due to many robberies , overall unsafe for many individuals and it has become a political place where the associates are unreliable. – less
cool place to be at
Picker/putaway (Current Employee), North Bergen, NJJune 19, 2014
Pros: alots of meetings
Cons: short break
busy company , on a regular daily basis everything gos well and every body working hard , the most enjoyable part is you work with a team , and you do alone sometimes , but its fun .
Retail Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Charleston SCJune 18, 2014
This job helped me gain experience as an assistant manager. If there was a chance for advancement I would of stayed, but it was harder to advance in this position.
Great working environment with an incredible team!
Keyholder/ Manager (Current Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAMay 28, 2014
Answering customer questions comprises the majority of a day working at Vitamin Shoppe. My time at The Vitamin Shoppe has helped me tremendously. Learning to communicate more effectively with the customers has been the biggest change in my skillset. My co-workers are wonderful and they have always pushed me to be a better salesman and manager. The most – more... difficult aspect of the job has been finding capable candidates with flexible schedules, while the most enjoyable part has been aiding in the progression of new sales associates! – less
Lots to learn
Health enthusiast (Current Employee), Troy, MIMay 27, 2014
I love working here because I learn tons of information about health and supplements. It is fun for me to work here because I can help customers find products to benefit a healthy lifestyle.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Vitamin Shoppe

Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, – Read more