Position: Programmer Analyst(s)
Duration: 1 year plus 1 option year
Location: Ottawa, ON
Submit Resume by: May 9, 2013
The VCAN Group Inc. is seeking Programmer Analysts for a contract opportunity with our Federal Government client in Ottawa Ontario.
The successful candidate must have:
- A Government of Canada Security Clearance at the level of SECRET.
- Four years of experience, within the last 12 years, developing with the C++ application programming language.
- Two years of experience, within the last six years, developing with Java for High Availability Systems (High Availability Systems is defined as systems which are expected to operate reliably for 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. With the exception of planned outages, the minimum acceptable availability ratio is 95% per year, while 99% is desirable.)
- Six months, within the last three years, experience in developing object oriented applications or solutions using Java development frameworks (including Spring framework) for High Availability Systems.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience over and above the four years of experience developing with the C++ application programming language.
- Experience, within the last 12 years, analyzing, developing or enhancing an EDI IT application that uses:
MQ series; and
Message standards ANSI ASC X12 EDI or UN/EDIFACT
- Experience, within the last 12 years, as an Application Programmer/Analyst designing, developing, enhancing, and supporting High Availability systems.
- Experience within the last three years, programming for a DB2 database.
- Experience within the last 12 years, developing applications for the CBSA or the former CCRA.
- Experience above and beyond the minimum 2 years of experience with Java for High Availability Systems.
- Experience, within the last four years, developing and deploying applications on IBM’s Websphere Application Server on Microsoft Windows and IBM Mainframe OS/390 Environment.
- Experience within the last five years in using Concurrent Versioning System (CVS).
- Experience within the last four years designing and developing using applets, servlets, HTML and Java Server Page (JSP).
- Experience, within the last four years, developing object-oriented n-tier applications using OO tools, methodologies and design patterns such as Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
Indeed - 16 months ago
Founded in 2006, the VCAN Group is a privately owned consulting and training firm, based in Ottawa, Ontario, that offers two equal streams...