The VCAN Group is seeking a Junior Level Help Desk Specialist (PeopleSoft / SAP) in Ottawa Ontario.
The ideal candidate MUST have:
1. A valid Government of Canada Security clearance at the level of SECRET
2. A minimum of 200 days (1 year of experience) providing end user support for PeopleSoft and/or SAP.
The ideal candidate SHOULD have:
1. Experience using an IT Service Management (ITSM) tool (Ex. BMC Remedy, IBM Tivoli, Axios Assyst, etc.) to support PeopleSoft and/or SAP end users. Activities include:
i. Creating a problem ticket
ii. Tracking problem tickets
iii. Responding to requests for service
iv. Research and resolve incidents within a PeopleSoft and/or SAP environment (4 points);
v. Provide updates to clients
vi. Escalate incidents to a problem
2. Experience drafting and distributing the following types of communications to end users:
i. Release updates
ii. System outage notices
iii. Incident Resolution notices
3. experience troubleshooting PeopleSoft HRMS incidents and Service Requests. Activities include:
i. Identifying, analyzing, testing, and documenting issue or problem resolutions within multiple PeopleSoft environments
ii. Providing Security (Roles/Permission List) support to end users
iii. Using troubleshooting tools such as, but not limited to, Application Designer and/or PS Query.
4. Experience in documenting and providing documented instruction to Tier 1 service desk personnel. Activities include:
i. Incident Resolution
ii. Knowledge Base
iii. Document troubleshooting steps and document Problem management issues into a third party application