The Urban Puppy Shop, a dog specialty store and services facility, is seeking to hire a hardworking and physically fit individual to work within our daycare and boarding facility. As winners of The Georgia Straight 2011, 2012 and 2013 Readers’ Choice for “Best of Vancouver”, The Urban Puppy Shop has been credited by our clients for providing great care to their dogs, and as a member of our team, your job will be to continue this exceptional care with all dogs in our facility. This includes:
- hands-on supervision of indoor play and leisure activities
- exercising dogs for minimum periods of up to 3 hours
- feeding and watering of animals according to schedule and established protocol
- maintaining general cleanliness of daycare areas as well as cleaning and disinfecting of kennels
- completing laundry and dish washing on a timely basis
Requirements for this position include:
- high school diploma plus minimum 2 years previous work experience
- ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, and holidays; while we have a solid team that will enable you to have some holidays off, you MUST be available to work several holidays
- ability to perform well in a busy, chaotic, and noisy environment;
- previous experience with animals is an asset, although we are prepared to train the right person
The Urban Puppy Shop offers a competitive wage and benefit package, a great team of staff and work environment, and opportunities as we expand to grow with the company. To learn more about The Urban Puppy Shop, please visit our website at www.theurbanpuppyshop.com.
For best consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter identifying your interest in working with dogs. Resumes will be accepted for this position until it is filled. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those applicants qualifying for an interview will be contacted.