The University of Western Ontario

The University of Western Ontario Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Researcher & research assistant
Researcher and Research assistant (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: fun moments with colleagues and peers
Cons: cold in the winter
Data collection, analysis and reporting
Supportive learning and working environment
Enabling work environment with necessary support for all employees
Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: resources to facilitate the work
The work involved leading tutorials, proctoring and marking test and exam scripts. Holding office hours to attend to the needs of students was also performed. Furthermore I also collected and analysed research data.

I received maximum co-operation from my co-workers (other Teaching Assistants) and this ensured effective functioning of the Courses we – more... were assigned to work in.

The hardest part of the job was sometimes having to provide instant answers to questions I might not have been prepared to answer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping to make the life of the students better by helping them understand whatever they learnt in class as well as the support I received from co-workers. – less
Great institution
Project Manager - WindEEE (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 22, 2013
Pros: supports continued education
Working with passionate Researchers who conduct research in various disciplines requiring equipment which is often unique with major budget constraints, made each day an exciting challenge.

Working with various teams of experts, supporting departments, vendors and other stakeholders, we were were able to successfully complete what initially seemed – more... the impossible, possible.

I learned that there are times when you need to have the courage to challenge the process, inspire the team to follow a common vision while enabling team members to aspire and achieve individually. I realized leadership is not about ones own successes but recognizing and celebrating the successes of everyone's contributions, which resulted in the project being a success (e.g. WindEEE project). – less
Learning experience
Information Management Assistant (Former Employee), Westminster HallSeptember 11, 2013
I had this job as part of a work study experience. My boss and co-workers were extremely friendly and helpful in getting me accustomed to the type of work I would be doing. they were always available to answer questions when I had them.
The hardest part of the job was figuring out how to work with new databases that I had never even heard of before.
Productive and careful environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), London, ONMay 9, 2013
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: very very long hours
Very very nice place to live, and homely place also. All the co-workers work so hard and they are really very friendly and helpful. However, the working hours is too much long and stressful sometimes.
Prospective
Project Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONApril 16, 2013
Pros: training and opportunities
Cons: less opportunity for r&d
Friendly environment
Highly motivational
Huge opportunity to earn experience in all the power system application
Acceptance
Complete freedom to experiment new ideas applicable for the development of the organization
Work environment filled with enthusiasm and lots of school spirit
On-Campus Promo Staff (Current Employee), London, OntarioMarch 29, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: dependent on sports seasons; so some times were busier than others.
We would prepare a table in a building or residence at school for most sports promotions. Our job was to hand out free tickets to games and free stuff to people who took tickets. We would answer any questions people had and give out information on sporting events at Western. I learned how to promote effectively and how to interact with the student body – more... in a way that gets them interested about athletics at their University. One of the best parts of my job was definitely working with others as it made the job more fun and passed the time on days when campus was less crowded. The hardest part of the job was getting used to approaching students confidently but after I quickly got used it. The most enjoyable part of the job was being involved at Western in such a central way like sports. – less
Work environment filled with enthusiasm and lots of school spirit
On-Campus Promo Staff (Current Employee), London, OntarioMarch 29, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: dependent on sports seasons; so some times were busier than others.
A friendly environment where I could gain knowledge for proceeding further in my career and apply
Graduate / Undergraduate Projects (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 12, 2013
I had the opportunity to utilize softwares ETABS, COMSOL, DYNA6 and Office applications - Microsoft Office (word, Excel, PowerPoint) and gain more knowledge on the structural design and analysis and geotechnical field.
Productive place for working
Research Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 25, 2012
Its a wonderful place for working. The labs and classrooms are specious and perfect for working. I never felt any major problem or lackings in the University of Western Ontario. The only problem is in the salary. Its quite enough for a single person but for a family person its way low.
Advanced engineering research projects.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), London, ONJune 5, 2012
Pros: opportunities for continuous personal development.
Very well balanced between teaching responsibilities and fun.
my education
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), London, ONMay 29, 2012
learning new things, new culture meeting people hanging out with friends, the difficult part is the exam night and the night before defense but after overcoming this stage is enjoyable.
Very great
PhD student and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONMay 4, 2012
I liked the atmosphere and the people. the work time is flexible.