The University of California

The University of California Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent University
C. Morrey Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJuly 2, 2014
Conducated research with professors of physics and mathematics in ioinzing radiation to cancer cells.
Taught various undergraduate courses.
A good place to work: great mission
Senior Director of Finance - Finance and Admin (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 30, 2014
A place that cares about people. A terrific mission with a great focus on advancing health world wide
I enjoy my job and life in UCLA
postdoc (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
usually I write down and set up experiment one day before, and start bench work around 8am in the next day morning, read paper between the experiment, have lunch with colleagues at 1pm, continue bench work until one day work that i write down is done.
All the co-workers are nice, we talk sciences and life and exchange our ideas about the projects.
The – more... hardest part of the job is most antibodies are not working well. So we have to spend a lot of time to repeat and confirm one result.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the result published online. – less
Dining Services
Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJune 26, 2014
I mastered my multi-tasking skills and learned how to work well under pressure.
Provided customer service at fast pace
Great educational environment.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 24, 2014
The University of California Irvine is a great place to work and study. It is a diverse campus that prides itself on cutting edge research and technology. The UCI Children's Center is a pre-school founded on play-based learning. Children are encouraged to explore the classroom and play ground by their own motive and learn through these new explorations.
Great Internship
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: on campus
Cons: n/a
Great internship and a great way to get your feet wet in finance.
Great Institution to work
Accountant 3 (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJune 22, 2014
University of California is one of the best universities in the nation.
Very good student job. Flexible hours and great team to work for
Assistant to Events Manager (Current Employee), Davis, CAJune 20, 2014
Great student job, theyre extremely flexible with hours and working with your schedule. While the job itself isnt exactly exciting, you do get to be around educated employees and students at the law school.
Great place to begin a career in research management
Associate Research Services Coordinator, Analyst I (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 17, 2014
If you get placed on the right team, this institution can be a great place to begin a career in research management. Depending on the team you are on and the exposure you get, you can learn a lot about research management and the proposal development.
Excellent Atmosphere where Employers are truly valued
Housing Department - Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJune 17, 2014
Great Organization and great Atmosphere to learn and grow. Everyone (Managers and Coworkers) is friendly and willing to help and explain things. It can get a bit repetitive but overall its a great job.
A great institution of higher education
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 14, 2014
Pros: great academic culture
Cons: too much time spent taing
I enjoyed my graduate experience very much. It allowed me to learn a great deal, not only as a scientist, but as a person. Working days tended to be long, often over 10 hours, but my labmates were very amiable and helpful.
Great Work/Life Balance, Compensation & Job Security Problematic
Senior Data Warehouse Analyst (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAJune 14, 2014
Work/Life balance at UC Berkeley is top notch. The job culture is very understanding of family needs with very flexible work hours (turning up late or leaving early to pick up / drop off kids is a given) and the possibility of working from home multiple days per week.

Base pay is about 10-20% lower than market rate for techies.

The benefits are excellent. – more... Health care & pensions have been scaled back a bit recently, but PTO is still generous. I get 18 days of vacation and 12 days of sick leave per year and jury duty is full PTO as well.

The UC system is dependent upon to CA State Government funding, so budget turmoil/churn up in Sacramento impacts UC Berkeley too. – less
Productive and Interact with other coworker
Global Ambassador Program (Current Employee), Davis, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: have fun and free food sometimes.
Cons: long hours of meeting.
Cooperation, respect and appreciate everyone's opinion, be more enthusiastic, understand where group members come from or how they approach the concern of certain aspects, create a healthy learning environment for everyone. This is something I experience from the program /job. It's an awesome experience learning from my others.
Great place to work with great benefits
CPT II (Former Employee), Davis, CaJune 11, 2014
Pros: worked with alot of good people and you cant get better benefits anywhere else.
Cons: poor management
Only complaint i have is about the poor management at the facility i worked at. They lost alot of good people due to this.
Volunteer Math Tutor
Economics Senior Tutor (Former Employee), Davis, CAJune 10, 2014
Work with multiple students to explain complex concepts from Mathematics courses.
• Help students to understand the notes and assignments, and prepare for exam.
Great University
Faculty Assistant and Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJune 9, 2014
Working in the University of California system has been a wonderful opportunity, which I will value indefinitely. The UC system offers many benefits to their employees and allows the employees to grow both personally and professionally. It is a diverse place that allows development of interpersonal skills and teaches each employee how to hone and master – more... their natural abilities. – less
Average
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAJune 6, 2014
U. C. Berkeley/ Camous Shared Services has very unclear goals due to a weak Mission Statement.
Would be better if I was a student at UCSD
Research Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 3, 2014
Due to not being a student, not much help was given to me in understanding and fulfilling my duties early on
Good experience
Leader (Former Employee), Santa Cruz, CAJune 2, 2014
tried new and different things
learned about leadership
learned how to manage people
This is an enjoyable working place
Post-doctoral Researcher (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAMay 27, 2014
A typical working day in here, ends planning the following day which start by preparing material, solutions and all what is needed in order to make progress with every project research.
When the projects are in team, we spend time discussing the results and the step to follow. The fact of listen the opinnion of each member in the team helps to have – more... a more complete view of the problem. When the projects are by my self, is even funnier to ask and replay questions about the following steps. Working at UCSD in an interdisciplinar and multicultural group helps to see profesional and personal things from different pesrpectives and lenguages. – less

About The University of California

The University of California was founded in 1868. Today it is widely considered the pre-eminent public research university system – Read more

The University of California Photos