The University of California

The University of California Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work and learn!
Staff Research Associate II - Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Davis, CAAugust 20, 2014
Working for and with professors is a great learning experience and allows you to be part of a team where knowledge is shared. The hardest part of the job is parking which is at a premium.
Quiet and fun work environment
Research Assistant Internship (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: holiday parties and great supervisor
Cons: short breaks
Shifts were 5 hours long with a 15 minute break. Supervisor was really fun and responsive. Usually worked alone in a desk with complete access to a computer to obtain information and give a correct and good answer to patrons questions. The hardest part of the job was dealing with uncooperative patron who did not want to follow library policies and rules. – more... However, there were many rewards such as setting up your own schedule and with ability to take days off when there were school emergencies. – less
Individual Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAAugust 19, 2014
 Led discussion groups and coordinated with multiple firms overseas in order to get internship offers during the summer breaks for the college students who spent their summer breaks out of States.
 Negotiated with sponsor firms and college board for funding the club. Funded over $6000 during the first five months. Actively managed the cash disbursements – more... and inflow for the club which over 90 members at that time. – less
University Professor Assistant
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 19, 2014
Created and administered midterm and final exams
Facilitated and moderated class discussion
Assisted professor with maintenance of classroom
Coordinated classroom media
Graded and recorded all student attendance, papers and exams
Student
Founder and Student Chapter President (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 17, 2014
I love UCR. Psychology major and plenty of opportunities to pursue different career paths.
it was perfect in college
Student Center and Event Services (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: wage
works well in college but not room for improving skills. its not beneficial for ones resume when going into an entry level position. this does not provide good experience as much as a paid internship or program/ research would. Little to no room for networking and gaining new relationships within the company. Some event managers work harder than others.
GSR
GSR (Current Employee), Davis, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: pay
Its a good place to work while you are in school.
Can take classes if you are a student.
Responsible for entering and editing computer data and interpreting videos done in American Sign Language for research team; interacted with staff in
Student Internship (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: asl classes, language skills
I had to do a lot of translating for people who didn't know American sign language, and even went to ASL classes.
Excellent working environment
Clinical research coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2014
I learned a great deal through this job and staff members were very nice and supportive.
Narcissistic supervisor
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee), Santa Cruz, CAAugust 10, 2014
Cons: everything
Treated terrible - all for my boss and management and told to shut up and do three jobs but get paid for one. Animals are treated better than staff
Fun place to work
Office of the President (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 6, 2014
Cons: no micro management
Solve problems and counsel active, inactive and retired employees.
take care of cancer patients
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), la jolla, califAugust 2, 2014
Pros: working with doctors and patients
Cons: half hour lunches
The hardest part of my job is seeing patients that are dying of cancer. At times I will see the same patients 2 times a week. I work in a busy Multi-specialty group at Moore's Cancer Center in La Jolla.
I enjoy the people I work with there.The Doctors and providers are compassionate and caring.
My co-workers and I are busy bringing patients back getting – more... vitals, in putting them into the EMR and going onto the next patient. – less
Associate Ombudsperson (Externship) University of California (Riverside)
Associate Ombudsman (externship) (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 31, 2014
There are four Core principles to a Ombuds Practice. 1. Confidentiality 2. Independence 3. Neutrality 4. Impartial.Organizational Ombuds process involves: Active Listening, Issue Identification, Option Exploration, Ombuds Intervention, Ombuds Upward Feedback. A Ombuds Office in a University setting provides a unique service to staff, student, and the – more... management team. – less
Nice people, large beuracracy
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: little advancement
UCR has wonderful people working there, but there is little room for advancement for student employees and it is a large uncaring bureaucracy.
good place to work
Lab Manager & Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 25, 2014
It is always good to work with other people and learn from each other.
I did write an overview of my responsibilities
Education Specialist ll (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: working within a strong accredited system
Cons: too much to do - wore 4 sometimes 5 "hats."
I brought extensive design knowledge to the program from experience as a professional interior designer who was nominated to the IIDA College of Fellow in 1993. I learned to work within a given system after being an independent business owner for many years.
The Dean and program adviser were helpful in my attaining
Education Specialist ll degree.
The – more... hardest part of my job was the various problems the older students completing the assignments and units required. I did a great deal of counseling.
The most enjoyable part was being a part of the UC system and teaching the students about the world of design and color.
Also, using my communication skills in the public sector.
I worked in both the administration side of the program and the in-struction side successfully.
This was a 20 a week assignment – less
TA for an online extention course
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: excellent way to keep updated in neuroanatomy
An excellent volunteer opportunity that I have the pleasure of performing.
Excellent
Protective Services Officer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 25, 2014
Awesome place to work. involved with law enforcement daily. great staff and a good way to become a police officer.
Got to interact closely with a academic and research setting
Research Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2014
In a day to day basis I was able to take on many roles like debriefing volunteers to helping with the accounting for the experiments. Being able to see everything that goes into a study for the short period we're in charge of it was really interesting and kept me wanting to come into work everyday.
Great research environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2014
As an undergraduate research assistant, I gained valuable experience learning from some of the leading researchers in the nation.

About The University of California

The University of California was founded in 1868. Today it is widely considered the pre-eminent public research university system – Read more

The University of California Photos