Unified Valve Ltd. (UVL) specializes in the sales and service of pressure relief valves as well as a supplier of industrial pumps and compression tube fittings. UVL’s head office is located in Calgary, Alberta and has branches located in Edmonton, Red Deer, Brooks, Grande Prairie, and Fort St. John, BC.
Due to our continued growth, our organization is adding the position of Valve Technician in Calgary On-Site. The role will entail the following:
- Making repairs to valves
- Assembling and breaking down of new or used equipment
- Inspecting, repairing, testing equipment
- Executing general shop maintenance: storage, shop and equipment clean-up, shipping/receiving.
OTHER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the safety of self and others including reporting of all work related injuries, near misses, equipment damage and unsafe acts as soon as practicable to supervisor or senior technician
- Tear down and troubleshooting of customer owned property for inspection, repair, reassembly and testing based on customer communications
- Assembling, testing and painting of new or used wellhead/tree sections.
- Field Service work as needed based on work load
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Class 1 Driver license would be plus
- Drivers license a must
- Technical certificates a plus
- Previous oil and gas / rig operations experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, visitors and other employees
ADDITIONAL SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Strong mechanical aptitude/ experience
- Ability both in a team environment and alone with minimal supervision
- Ability to use basic hand tools safely
- Ability to read and write clearly
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose and address product concerns
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to operate safely in a heavy equipment shop/plant environment
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and stoop
- Ability to work flexible / irregular shifts and hours
UVL places a high value on attracting and retaining exceptional individuals. We believe that the quality of our people reflects directly on the quality of our work.
Thank you for your interest in joining Unified Valve. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.