Senior Product Designer
We are seeking a senior level designer with exceptional talent, and a natural tendency to the highly fashionable and ultra-luxurious. We are a team of elite international interior designers developing luxury goods in a number of hard home categories: furniture, home décor, lighting.
You will work directly with the head of our Design House to visualize compelling concepts, and guide projects from concept, sketching and sourcing, through to production.
We offer the privilege of designing high-end products for an extremely refined market, and the freedom to work with the best materials and manufacturers worldwide. This is a unique opportunity to be an instrumental and indispensable collaborator in the development and launch of a complete product line.
Key Requirements and Functions
- degree in furniture, product or industrial design
- ability to design several products each month, considering costs and availability of materials
- several years of experience in furniture, home product or lighting design
- strong technical skills: SolidWorks, Rhino, AutoCAD, Adobe CreativeSuite
- ability to creatively develop concepts based on briefs that may be abstract, based in “feeling” rather than specifics or boundaries
- literacy in both traditional and transitional design
- enthusiasm for old world design styles
- an unyielding commitment to quality of design, of material, of execution
- strong research skills, good foresight into emerging global trends and technologies
- an exciting portfolio of creative work
- a solid understanding of manufacturing methods and an ability to design within the restraints of the commercial marketplace
- ability present designs to our senior design team and respond positively to feedback and criticism
- an organized individual, able to confidently handle a high volume of detailed design work in a fast paced environment
The successful candidate must fully understand and contribute relevant experience around the translation of a brand into a product line.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations, along with with a link to your portfolio. PDF portfolios under 5 MB are also acceptable. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.