The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,974 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and good place to work with good environment
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: good people to work with, good place to shop
Cons: not enough work
An average day would consist of multiple cash for merchandise transactions, as well as always restocking and cleaning up the store. Customers would come to the register I would ring them up fold their clothes or wrap their gift then bag and send them on their way, after look around my area to make sure there is nothing out place.
Bianca
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pinceton, NJDecember 28, 2014
TJ Maxx was one of the worst jobs I've ever had. Management was so bad. i was a cashier doing manger work. Most of my coworkers and I were still in school as well so it wasn't an easy close at night.
fun place to work at times
sales associate (Current Employee), liverpoolDecember 27, 2014
Pros: an hour and a half break on a 9 hour shift
Cons: working long hours
maintenance, have a laugh with colleagues and associates. didn't really learn anything. management were ok at times. my co-workers were lovely. hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with difficult customers. most enjoyable part was going home.
productive
Cashier, stock room, floor associate (Former Employee), woodmere ohDecember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short shifts
fasted pace environment, store recovery handed well, even during the busiest seasons
great work environment and excellent faculty
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), miamisburg, OHDecember 25, 2014
Pros: free food brought frequenty, holiday pay
Cons: short breaks, no health benifits
A typical day at work included all day customer service, running cash register and sorting clothing. My co-workers were excellent, always made my job have a great working environment.
TK Maxx
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGDecember 25, 2014
This company is a quite good and I really enjoyed my work here. It was good and fun and I learnt a lot from my line manager too.
Trainee Team-Leader (Current Employee), London, ENGDecember 24, 2014
Pros: good pay rate and job security.
Cons: not flexible working hours.
Better then other retailers, good pay rate, and job security, idle for part time workers & students.
It was a fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duluth, GADecember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Hardest part of the job is when the people look at the clothes and they just throw it on the ground and not putting it up where they found it.
VERY FUN COMPANY WHO ALLOWS GROWTH
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GADecember 20, 2014
TJ X COMPANIES ALWAYS PROVIDED A CHANCE FOR GROWTH. THEY ALLOWED YOUR HARDWORK TO SPEAK FOR ITSELF! IF SEEN FIT, THEY ARE ALWAYS PROVIDED YOU WITH A CHANCE TO MOVE IN THE COMPANY AND PROVIDED EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. THIS COMPANY ADJUSTED WELL WITH YOUR PERSONAL SCHEDULE AND I-S AN AWESOME PLACE FOR ANYONE BETWEEN THE AGES 18-22, OR RETIRED. I LOVED WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY, AND LOVED THE MANAGEMENT TEAM.
Not a bad place to work part time
Cashier, Merchandiser, Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: weekly employee appreciation lunches and dinners
Cons: only a 15 minute break for shifts under 6 hours
They were flexible with my schedule and co workers were usually optimistic about the days task thus creating a positive work environment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Albany, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I really enjoyed working for this company. If they were to hire me full time I would love to become apart of the team here in Columbus, GA.
good place to work while you are in college
head cashier (Former Employee), College Station, TXDecember 15, 2014
everyone was very nice and i enjoyed making displays of the products.
Productive and fun workplace overall
Admin Coordinator/ Key Carrier (Former Employee), Florence, SC, 29501December 15, 2014
TJ Maxx is a great place to work. I've learned a lot of skills such as: management skills, team and customer building skills, etc., while working for this company. Co workers were very helpful and motivating. Management kept the morale up in the store by being positive role models to associates. There was nothing hard about this job. The most enjoyable part about this job was when I attended the management classes.
fast pace easy yet challenging work force
coordinator merchandiser (Current Employee), Newark, DEDecember 13, 2014
All about customer service. Meet and greet customers. Great associates to work with. Challenging to deal with issues with customers due to merchandise.
All employees are friendly
Backroom associate (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks
I would come in and immediately start working. Some days it would go by very slow if I were by myself or if I would be doing the same thing all shift. I learned how to sort boxes efficiently and to interact with people more. Managers at that job are very friendly, I can easily talk to them about a problem that I am having at the job. My co-workers help the day go by a little faster with jokes or many other things that would help pass the time while we do our work. The most hard part of the job is coming in early and only having a 15 minute break, but the most enjoyable is talking to new people.
Its a fast pace enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 11, 2014
Pros: your able to win contests
Cons: you have management up your butt if you do not sell the credit cards
- A typical day at work was very competitive and fast pace day.

- I have learned how to talk to customers and management

- Management was very understanding and easily happy

- Co- workers are so so sometimes they are awesome and sometimes not so.

- The Hardest part of the job was the unloading of the truck because you had to be fast and organized.

- The most enjoyable part would of been cashier being able to talk to to the customers and asking them about the T.J. Maxx card
Tj Maxx
Store Associate (Former Employee), Newport News, VADecember 11, 2014
Pros: 10% off purchases
Cons: advancement takes forever
Working with Tj Maxx, was very difficult. The environment is very negative. None of the coworkers enjoyed working here.
Crazy and unorganized.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Hamburg, NYDecember 11, 2014
I just transferred here and ive worked two days in two weeks. I was suppose to be working all this week but they put me on the schedule as RTO (requested time off) when in fact i never requested any time off. I feel that it was managements problem and i was the one punished for it.
Loved working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rolling Hills EstateDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 10% off
Cons: didn't hire anyone from seasonal
But.... was told they weren't hiring for seasonal yet and was told Id have a permanent position then wound up with a seasonal position.
Productivity work
Sales associate, cashier and customer service (Current Employee), Sunrise FLDecember 9, 2014
Along these 6 years I have learned many things especially to work with the public, have been able to develop skills and foreign languages, has also been very satisfying to know that I can help others.

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. – Read more

The TJX Companies, Inc. Photos