The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

-Nice people to work
-Nice management
fun place
Temporary Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 23, 2014
It was overall a fun fast pace environment to work in with a great management team. The hours were great, time flew by and the pay was ok.
Great Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONNovember 14, 2014
TJX Canada has been a great place to work and learn new skills neede.
Productive Work place
Sales Executive-part time (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 7, 2014
A good company to work with....Is caring about staff....Improvement in management process day by day..co-worker are always helpful..most toughest part of the jobs is to have the knowledge all kind products.... and most enjoyable part is customer interaction
All good
Merchandise Processing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  VancouverNovember 4, 2014
Professional working environment and cooperative Management team. being part of training programs for career growth
productive environment
order picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 30, 2014
very busy place, different kind of peoples with mixed attitude.
Great co-workers. A diverse array of an excellent team of Associates
Gourmet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 20, 2014
If this Management team was on a training basis that was all the same, it would be far more effective than 3 different training styles for one task. My point is that when you have 3 managers telling you three different ways to do something, it only causes confusion which wastes time. Not only are you pressured to get all the merchandise to the floor in 30 minutes as per company standard, but you are also expected to help the customers, set up several tables, take down large carpets when needed, as well as be back up for the cashiers at the frontline. In addition, as a former Coordinator of Gourmet, which is a large area in itself, you are doing it alone so when your shift ends, in many cases so does the work. The best part of this job were the associates, who are virtually in the same position as you but are great people to work with. The Cons are in my case. the Management and their pressured and diverse styles of training. As well, I worked on a full time basis and I always felt bad for the associates who were called in for 3 hour shifts, which didn't make it easy for them to find another position to support their needs. As well, I found that many of the questions asked of Management were NOT answered in a timely fashion, or sometimes not at all. Asking a second time, was responded by a look that could send ice through your veins so you just don't do it. I did learn a lot at this company but ill admit that most of what I learned was through my other team member associates and not the Management!
Pros
the team associates, the customers
Cons
in my case, the management, the time for accomplisbing a well completed task, and the lack of time allowed to be able to accomplish proper customer service from start to finish.
A very fast paced,sink or swim environment
Customer Service Supervisor/Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  IrelandOctober 14, 2014
A great team of people.
Difficult to climb the ladder, one must fight to seek promotion.
Productive and Busy Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 8, 2014
Working at Marshall's was my first job as a student, and it was an eye opener. My co workers were very friendly and so were the management staff. I've learned to be punctual and work in a busy environment. The hardest part of my job was learning the skills needed for each section in the store in a short notice, but it was also the most enjoyable part due my excellent social skills and multitasking skils
Pros
friendly people
Great place to work!
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  mississaugaSeptember 24, 2014
An open and collaborative environment, driven by results. Fast paced and always something to learn.
Friendly and motivating workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 19, 2014
As a part time working employee I enjoy working at Tjx Canada. The people are very friendly and helpful. A typical day at work would just be going to work and do what you are been instructed to do. I have learned a lot of new and different things such as how to work fast in and fast working environment, how to pack merchandise properly, how to use different tools and equipment. I get along very well with my co-worker they always ready to help whenever you need help and giving advices.
Excellent place to work
Winners & Marshalls Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Great culture and team work
great salary and benefits
team bbq's
challenging and also stress free
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
afternoon shift with no opportunity for day shift in the near future
Perfect place to work with fun and enjoyment with chance to learn different skills.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Learned packing, labeling and tagging techniques.
Management is good.
Co-workers are good.
TJx Canada
Ticketing Department (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 31, 2014
TJX Canada Warehouse is a great place to work at. Fellow employees are very friendly. The assigned task are very simple to understand and are able to do with little problems.
Pros
simple assignments, great location
Cons
very short lunch and break time, doesn't pay well
Great People, not so good at allowing people to just work without over sight
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  Mississaga, OnAugust 19, 2014
I absically grew up there they taught me how to have fun but still take the work serious. They are not good a work life balance as they do not allow for working from home.
workplace growing well
DATA CLERK (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2014
 Created a library in Access database for Nutrition Facts and Bilingual labels, library still used by both Distribution Centers to search and print NF labels for food merchandise
Co-workers
Customer Service/Jewellery Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2014
Very diverse and great people to work with. Good retail store with long hours and great selection of clothing.
Pros
great customers, great co-workers
Cons
too much cleaning
Fast paced, fun place to work. Supportive management, and friendly associates and customer base.
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2014
The typical day would start by
a) Receiving truck, transport merchandise to the floor which was an all day on going task.
b) Morning huddle. Discuss daily events and success of the store as well any policy changes that might have taken place.
c) Assign associates to their jobs and start the day.

Management is always a learning curve when old ones leave and new ones come in, however they for the most part were all very friendly and eager to learn. I worked with the Store Manager for 4 of my 5 years at Winners and we worked excellent together, we understood one another's strengths and weaknesses.

I Loved working with all my associates, some were self starters and others needed more encouragement. I also really enjoyed all the training seminars that were held for management. Eg. Conflict resolution, Health and Safety, First aide, Discrimination in the Work Place, these are just a few that I took during my employment with Winners.

Hardest part of my job was during inventory season, or when I had to do a large hiring session and training.

The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the relationships that I made with fellow employees. I also enjoyed seeing my regular customers and talking with them. Over all I really enjoyed my employment with Winners, I learnt a lot of new skill that I can take with me.
Pros
people and daily challenges
Fun place to work.
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
Good place to work and grow the career.Learnt a lot while working at TJX and improved myself quite a lot professionaly.Everybody in the team is helpful and allows to work independenty and achieve goals.
Worst company ever
sales clerk (Former Employee) –  pembrokeJune 17, 2014
Worked for about 7 months. Hours go to whoever sucks the manager's butt the most. No communication between management. Left there 2 months ago and still have not received a record of employment. This store just opened and if you can find more than 10 employees left (other than management)from the original 75 that started you would be lucky .
Cons
short shifts--maybe 1-2 3 or 4 hour shifts a week