The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,793 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I enjoyed working with my staff and the public. They had as much respect for me as I did for them.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Toms River, NJSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: n/a
I spent 17 years with TJX (when they were "Marshalls Inc."). I started in a new store prior to opening in 1981 as a cashier. I worked my way through college and worked there full time. I was recruited for their management team two years later.
I was young (very young) but I had my ethics and the skill to do what I knew I would be good at.
I would probably – more... still be with them but I got married, had a baby, etc. etc. So I "retired to raise a child.
Life changes. I now am a certified K9 handler, self-employed. I am highly flexible regardless of hours or days of the week.
I am a very dedicated person to whomever employs me.
Thank you for considering my application. – less
Great First Job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Garner, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Working at TJ Maxx was the first job I ever had at 16 years old. I gained a lot of experience in customer service and handling tasks in a work setting. A typical work day would be assisting customers, answering phones, marketing merchandise and helping other associates throughout their shift. I worked customer service since my first day on the job and – more... for about 4 years afterwards. – less
Dc worker
Dc Worker (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 11, 2014
It wasn't the best job but it was my first job and It was ok and make money but not like a DC should. I just labeled boxes all day for 10 hours
Enjoyed working for this company atmoshere was fun
Various Positions (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 11, 2014
Got this job through Future Force Employment Agency had fun working for T.J. Maxx Department store. This job had fired all the workers for except the cashiers for steeling for the store. So the jobs me and my co-workers verified from working in the stock room with the shipping and receiving of merchandise to stocking floor shelves and pricing all merchandise.
great envoriment
Infield Manager (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no benefits besides health insurance.
A typical day at work stars busy with students, phone calls, emails, invoices and day planning. I have learned about Project Management and IT. Lucky to have the best colleagues ever, always willing to help each other. Hardest part is to keep a everything coordinated, keep schedules and classes on time.
Honestly everyday is a joy!!!!
TJMaxx is a great store but not alot of room for self improvement
Sales Associate/Fittingroom Attendant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2014
TJMaxx is a great store to shop at. The employees are pleasant and hardworking. I have learned that customer service is essential to the productivity and customer return. On a daily basis the work is consistent, hard and necessary. The most important aspect of this job is fulfilling the needs of the customer and keeping the store presentable. The workers – more... are continuously told how appreciated they are and are given rewards and notice of recognition for their service. – less
There is room for advancement if one qualifies.
Markdown Associate (Current Employee), Crestwood, ALSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: meeting new people along with working with hilarious people.
Cons: hoping that you have made some ones day after leaving our store.
TJX/MARSHALL'S/HOMEGOODS is a very good company to work for especially if you like working part-time. Getting full time hours is hard to get if you are not in management or a long time employee of some years. So that means benefits are not available to associates like myself. But overall I highly enjoy working for this company.

I am a 7a.m.-12p.m. – more... associate because of the job that I perform which is to markdown merchandise to clearance. I make sure that all customers that I come in contact with are assisted as well as satisfied before they leave the store.

My particular location is a very fun store. We love to eat a lot, laugh a lot as well as be there for each other in the time of need. We do a lot of donating to organizations company wise and also donating locally (e.g. school supplies at the beginning of each year).

The hardest part of my job is waking up at 4:00 a.m. in order to catch the 5:00 a.m. bus to be at work at 7:00 a.m. – less
Retail Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 9, 2014
At TJ Maxx, I was a Sales Associate. I worked as a cashier, and also assisted customers on the floor. Here, I learned how to use a cashier, stay organized, and work in a diligent and effective manner. I enjoyed working with coworkers as a team, and assisting customers in a friendly and efficient way.
Mediocre
Sales Associate/Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Shreveport, LASeptember 8, 2014
The customer service was never up to par, and the overall environment was not very friendly.
Professional work environment
Processing Supervisor, Las Vegas (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: excellent team environment
Cons: associate turnover
Loved working at MarMaxx. Non-conveyable department was a unique and challenging department. each item had to be counted, price tagged, and packaged for shipping. Ensuring all necessary packaging materials were available, and assigning orders were the main points for this department. Achieving either the pallet count goal or the UPH was the objective. – more... Training associates and communicating work goals made this job easer and manageable. – less
Some days are better than others
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: friendly customers, flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
A lot of work! Some days are better than others. I enjoy helping the customers, most of them are sweet and they are one of the reasons why it is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Great Company
Backend Supervisor (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 5, 2014
This is a great company. The work environment is great. Youre able to move up in the company.
Packed Packed Packed low pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: everything
Clock in and straight to the front, learned how to stand up for 10 hrs, Management has favorites and give them daytime hrs along with saturday and/or sunday off. co-workers are the best. Most enjoyable part is leaving.
a great work enviornment
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: holiday breakfast lunch and, dinners
Cons: there are not too many cons
Tj Maxx is a great work place i love the friendly vibe from all the co-worker. management is very understanding and great to work for. Typical day for me will be off loading the truck and replenishing the floor. the hardest part of he job is waking up at 4 am every morning but I'm use to it by now. The most enjoyable part about the job is that we get – more... paid every week. – less
Family like atmosphere
Coordinator/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, opportunities to move up within the company
Cons: not enough hours sometimes
Constant customer service, constant movement and always busy at TJ maxx
People were nice and job was easy, but at times stressfull
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 5, 2014
Management pushed to get more and more out. Not a very hard job but compensation was adequate.
TJMaxx, Marshalls
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ CASHIER (Former Employee), murray utahSeptember 4, 2014
It was my first job right out of high school. Perfect for high school students. Cant make a ton of money unless you hustle for hours or are a manager. Very easy training. Everything is repetitive and by the book.
Great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 4, 2014
Respectable management
Good pay
Good coworkers
Fun environment
Reasonable hours
Flexible, fun enviroment, good managers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), san dimasSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: works with schedule
Cons: no benfetis, position advancement
flexible with school schedule, requesting days off.
fun environment.
A decent place to work
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bowie, MDSeptember 3, 2014
A decent place to work with mostly friendly coworkers and customers. Pace changes with holidays and or sales such as a busy day to a not so busy day to some times very very slow but there is always work to be done.With constant management changes communication was not always at its best from employee to management. Lack of hours and instability with – more... days of work – less

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide. TJX operates – Read more