The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,862 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pretty Cool Place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tucker, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: nice energy to be surrounded in
Cons: not enough pay
Being a part of people saving money on name brand Items is pretty cool, rarely get any negative customers when I do Management is always availableto help out.
Working
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAOctober 15, 2014
I did everything there, from customer service , cashier, layaway cleaning, and restocking. It was a fun job, a lot of communication and team work. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with customers that are stubborn.
Working With TJX
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 15, 2014
Working with TJX was impassive. I have worked opening to closing 5 days a week. Helping colleges, Managing Team, Dealing with customer was very busy time which was very enjoyable. Making Rota was very headrest part because, many times team members wasn't able to work at weekends.
Good work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, flexible work attire
Cons: no/little benefits
As a customer service representative, I learned many useful skills, such as cash accountability and good customer service skills as well as performing merchandise exchange and refunds. My coworkers were helpful and the management pushed me to succeed at my job.
The hardest part of the job was calming down irate customers.
The most enjoyable part of – more... the job was learning all the new skills of being a customer service representative. – less
Sales associate
Sales associate (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGOctober 13, 2014
Typical work duties include general shop floor maintenance, working on the tills, stock replenishment, training and supervising new members of staff and assisting customers on the shopfloor.
Hard working and fun co-workers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 12, 2014
A day at T.J. Maxx starts out fun and gets better every customer you help.
Fun work environment, management provides food whenever possible.
Assistant Store Manager/Merchandising/Operations (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2014
Great positive environment to work in, extremely fast pace work days typically fly by.
fun place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCOctober 11, 2014
good place to work but do not hire within the company like they tell you they do.
great management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great team of managers
Cons: low hours
Great management; the company offers plenty of opportunities to learn about retail for those that do not have experience.
t.j. maxx
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, NCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: managment is great!
Cons: have to work a lot of nights and weekends
T.J. Maxx is a good place to work for a part time job. They work well working around your schedule. I worked the cash register. I also inventoried and stocked the racks with new merchandise This job got a me more familiar with customer service because I was always helping customers with their purchases along with helping them find items.
fun
Customer Service Representative- Seasonal (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: call offs
lots of fun and lots of great people and alot of moving around. I loved my job and would do it a hundred times over if I could
Full Time Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: ability to work in various department
Cons: attendance and tardy policy
Friendly environment, hard working staff, customer friendly
TJ Max
Customer Service Representative / collections (Current Employee), Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: 10% off
Cons: pick my own hours
A great seasonal job, around the holidays.I enjoyed working with college kids there just for a little extra holiday cash. I really like that the customers were frequent customers so they came to the store daily and I got to know them and they got to know me.
Fun place to work at.
Customer Service (Former Employee), cutler bay, flOctober 8, 2014
Very fast paced environment. Handled money. Got to meet new people.
decent job for high school kids
Backroom Coordinator, Door to Floor Coordinator (Former Employee), Athens, GAOctober 7, 2014
It was a decent high school job, though you had to deal with terrible customers.
I liked TJ Max
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXOctober 7, 2014
I liked the job at TJ Maxx. All I would do was stay in the fittingroom and the people were really nice and they would help out a lot and I would help others as well. I learned a lot by helping customers.
Sometimes very physical but nothing I couldnt handle
Merchandise processor, floor stock and cashier (Former Employee), Holland, ohOctober 7, 2014
Pros: many free lunches due to company incentives
Cons: not a good healthcare plan, breaks were fair
If I was processing merchandise, I had to empty the pallets of its merchandise, price it, and send it to the floor. If I was a cashier that day, I only had to take care of the customers transactions
Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stuart, FLOctober 7, 2014
Always busy, especially during the "snow bird" season where all old people can never seem to remember that they need manners in public.
Affordable High End Clothing Store
Women's Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Pearl City, HIOctober 6, 2014
A typical day at work consists of being at cashier station or floor where you put clothing away and tidy up store.Good customer service is always key to having a good day. I learned how to retail works and how to set up the store so that is more appealing to customers. The management is all from the mainland. They were very organized. The coworkers – more... were very spunky and high energy level. The hardest part of the job was handling complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to cash your check in the store and being able to shop during your breaks. – less
Challenging and fast paced
Department Coordinator (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: flexible schedule
Fast paced and ability to multi task. The most enjoyable part is meeting many people who are unique. Physical demands are extremely high.

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. – Read more

The TJX Companies, Inc. Photos