The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
First Job
Sales Associate- Seasonal (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2014
TJ Maxx was my first Job and I was so thankful to them for taking a chance on me because I had no prior work experience. Everyone was kind enough and the work wasn't hard. My managers were great and the atmosphere was nice.
As a Sales Associate at TJ Maxx my job required me to multi-task. I was responsible for not only working my area, but assisting – more... other employees with their tasks, assisting customers with their needs, ensuring that merchandise was made available for customers, working the registers, providing a friendly TJ Maxx experience, and answering calls that pertained to areas needed by the customers and managers.
I liked working there but at the end of the day, for me, I just didn't fit. – less
Fun Workplace
Customer Service within retail setting (Current Employee), Amherst, NYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: employee discount. re-hire former employees with good records with them. friendly envirnonment
Cons: starting pay is minimum wage.
Worked for TJX Companies several times over the past 20 yrs. I am always able to go back whenever I need to. Must be able to understand and meet the customer's needs and wants even if you do not agree with them.
The managers like "5 finger discounts"
.... (Current Employee), omaha,neMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: crooked management
I've worked for the company in Omaha, Ne for about 3 years and I have seen things that others have seen but nobody says anything. Due to the "far from- open door policy". I have seen managers hold $200.00 purses in their office until they are marked down to a 5 dollar yellow ticket. I have seen one manager take a censor off of a mens jacket and myself – more... and two other watched her son walk out with it without paying for it. Managers leave while they are on the clock sometimes 2 hours early, and spend most of their time on their phones in the office while eating (on the clock) I have heard managers talk about employees that they think are worthless. Though they are nice to me, I can gaurantee they talk about me too. I've never seen such poor behavior by grown women... – less
Productive and fun
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), windsor, ctMarch 17, 2014
Learning to have patience, was the most important part of the job, The customer always comes first. A great place to learn to work with others as a team.
it was productive, always something to work on.
Sales Associate/ stock and processing (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good lunch breaks, about 30 to 45 mins
Cons: no cons about the job.
clock in, talked to the managers to see what projects they would like for me to work one, enjoyed it. but getting so many projects thrown at you at one time in such a short time to get them done was overwhelming but got them done one at a time. enjoyed processing whenever there were truck days, enjoyed helping customers find the correct sizing of clothing – more... and brand to ensure that the customer found what they needed in a satisfying manner. – less
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 16, 2014
T.J. Maxx works well to accomidate college students during the school year. Management offers a open door to talk about any issues dealing with other employees or problems within the store.
Dependable
Store Associate (Current Employee), Devon, PAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: organize, good communication, team work
Cons: rude customer, hard to get promotion
I've been work TJ Maxx over 3 years and it's the good place to work.
Great employees and management
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), Seabrook, NHMarch 15, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: mandatory to work weekends
Enjoyed working with the management and employees. Set schedule that allows for planning with small children. Management recognized employees skills and placed into positions accordingly.
good company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYMarch 14, 2014
- opening up credit cards
- making sure customers leave more happy then they came in
Retail
Front End Coordinator/Cash Office Asst. (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: enjoyes meeting new people
Cons: standing on your feet a lot.
TJ Maxx was a great place to work for. I met a lot of people; customers as well as co-workers
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Intern (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 14, 2014
Great job.
Great people.
Great work environment.

I enjoyed every moment of working at TJ-Max. My co-workers were great and so were the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was helping people decide which clothes/outfits worked best for them. The management was great, I loved all of them equally and wonderfully!
Mango Stocroom Manager
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 14, 2014
Pros: 1h lunch
Cons: 8-5 monday-friday
• Supported management team in exemplary leadership style
• Planned and reviewed the receiving work to prepare for incoming shipments prior to the delivery
• Lead weekly meeting of stockroom associates with the store assistant manager
• Developed the performance enhancement plan on weekly basis
• Receiving, checking and counting stock items and confirming – more... true the till
• Managing the stock pending list, detail, summary list, transfers order lists
• Performing usual administrator’s duties: filing, scanning, printing all records
• Merchandise stockroom in very organized order
• Ordered needed stock or transfer over surplus stock to other stores or countries. – less
Cashier (Former Employee), Hilton Head Island, SCMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I started working at TJMaxx in March as a part-time job to have over the holidays, and I have loved every day I have worked there. The staff are friendly, positive, and there for me when I have questions. Management is supportive and encouraging to me, and I have received more knowledge on working within a retail environment here than I have at any – more... other position I've worked. It is a great place to work, and I highly recommend it if you are on the career path of finding something in customer service and/or working with people. – less
awsome
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Concord, CAMarch 14, 2014
great place love to work i wish i could go back, its an awesome place to be.
Very professional and customer service oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Livermore, CAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: company gatherings
Cons: healthcare, breaks
Working with TJX was a great experience! I enjoyed working with others in a fast pace environment while implementing new and old ways to keep the work environment productive while still satisfying customers. I learned very quickly how to work with a team to execute opening and closing shifts. Though I enjoyed every learning experience that TjMaxx has – more... left me with, what I enjoyed most was the positive and professional work environment. – less
Fun workplace and very productive
Merchandise Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2014
Marshalls was my very first job and I loved it. Most days I would go in and get started on recovery due to the numerous amount of customers trying on items. I learned that being on top of your job and having consistency shows you are responsible. Management was great. They really stayed on top of their job which made our team stay on theirs. I had different – more... co-workers that I worked with on a daily basis. We all worked as a team. There wasn't anything hard about this job. The fun part was shopping while working. New items were able to be put on hold by associates. – less
TJX great experince !
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great energy, fun employee's.
Cons: short break, difficult customers.
I enjoyed this job, it was a great experience fun, I also shop there too lol. A lot of young employees, typical day at work would be making my goals as far as satisfying customers. Hardest part would be long standing hours.
challenging work place
Merchandise Manager-Columbia (Former Employee), Columbia MDMarch 13, 2014
Pros: flexible days off
Cons: short breaks, only major holidays off, terrible holiday hours
A typical day at work would consist of reviewing sales numbers from the previous day, auditing sensitive areas to ensure compliace to company standards, review daily schedule for adequacy. Identify problem areas and develope strategy to address and resolve concerns. I learned most of all how to manage people, resolve conflicts and get team members to – more... commit and buy into basic job requirements which translated into a more efficeint work force. I learned how to manage the business through reading reports and analyzing metrics that supported KPI(Key Performance Indicators). The hardest part of the job was trying to balace the HR piece with the operational aspect of the business. The most enjoyable part was creating and environment that produced positive sales and excellent customer interaction. – less
Not a great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Abington, PAMarch 13, 2014
A typical day here is working cash registers and keeping the store well maintained.
Here I didn't learn anything new, it was all pretty basic skills needed.
Productive workplace environment
Monitoring Administrator (Former Employee), Framingham, MAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: everyday aspect of discoveries and working with various teams
Cons: resources
Discover and Model devices into CA Spectrum, learned a lot about TJX environment from working with the Network and Server groups. I worked well with the various teams when issues occurred.

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more