The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work with multicultural colleagues
Summer Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 April 2016
The management is great. They provide great support with training to approach your desired goals. Working here aided me to gain great team working skills along with time management skills dictating with the fast pace environment. The co-workers are willing to provide encouragement for further opportunities. In addition, every month, the company educated us on safety issues that arises in the distribution center and how to avoid any faults and misusees of any machinaries. I do highly recommend working at TJX Canada due to its collaboration and participatory environment in the distribution center where I have spent 3 months.
Great teamwork and fun experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2016
The basic part of the job is to keep the store tidy and keep the shelf full and organized. You can develop a good sense of merchandising and polish your customer service skill. You get to work with mostly young and enthusiastic co workers that make the job more fun. The management team is mostly helpful and friendly. You need to be on your feet for long hours and depending on which department you work for, you need to do some lifting and moving that can be hard on back sometimes.
Pros
flexible part time hours, fun and easy going work environment
Cons
long hours of standing on your feet and lifting heavy items
ok
Labour worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2016
decent, not enough hours, supervisor had favouritism towards the male workers. Overall a decent place to work, high and fast paced
Good people to work with
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2016
Nice working environment, helpful co-workers,responsive management makes TJX canada a fun place to work in and it is easily accessible by public transit too.
floor stock associate
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC10 April 2016
Managers were back stabbers and dishonest as well as some co-workers. Co-ordinators would set you up for failure and then manager would yell at you in front of customers until you would quit even after 5 years.
Pros
Cons
longtime employees would get people in trouble so they would get fired or quit
easy going
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
working for winners is not for everyone, people may seem its just retail but there is more to it. You need to be able to work under pressure, independently and take initiative to day to day operations. The hardest part of working at winners was that some of management would understand your personal issues but others would not understand certain issues because they feel like work is work and that's the only thing you have is just work and not a family and outside life.
productive and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
Everyday there is always something different to work on.
The management whom I worked with knew what they were doing regarding the day to day operations. Working at the office was a great experience
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 March 2016
Great company to work for, have loved all my time spent with the company at both locations. Love who i work with and the atmosphere that there is.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2016
The 4 years I been there was great, the people are nice and the management were kind. I worked the afternoon shift from 3: 45pm to 12:am. I learned how to look for merchandise by paperwork, I'm friendly towards co-workers, supervisors, and management that's what makes me likeable 'I hope'. there wasn't anything hard about the job, but I do enjoy the values the company stands for integrity, respect towards other, equality, and open communication.
Envolving and encouraging people
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2016
The workplace practices were really good . People were very friendly. The management was very friendly and honest. The management was engaging
Pros
Free lunces on ocasional and celebrations
Cons
long distance
Productive,hard work and learnt to deal with different situation that I was faced with.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2015
This was a different experience for me as I am a teacher,but I enjoyed my job and got to learn many different things regarding sales.It is not as easy as it seems,but a fun experience.Working with different people from different places was also a great experience.
Production and fun place to work !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
The Management is very supportive and full of excitement. The job training to each associate is out of this world. Managers bring enthusiasm within the associates . Great place to work !
productive,flexible and a fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2015
Great workplace with friendly co-wokerss and very supportive management. There are little partiality among the co-workers especially between the full timers and the temporar- Agency workers but it is excepted because this always happens in most warehouse/factory workplace.
Pros
free pizzas mostly on fridays
Cons
partiality amongst co-workers and short breaks
Well communication among the employees
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2015
I undersand that it is company just like family members work together at home. Only one think is lacking of evalution of individuals. Many of the employees are higher qualified but the company should utilise their experience.
Relaxing work environment
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2015
The actual work itself was laid back and straightforward. But the management can make your jobs a lot more difficult than it has to be.
Pros
Able to pace youself through work
Cons
management
productive and cooperative environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  mississauga26 September 2015
Always a fun at work. All associates are very cooperative and the environment is awesome. learnt a lot of things about the marketing strategy and planning. Had a great experience of group therapy.
Productive fun work environment with excellent employees
Merchandise Processing Coordinator (MPC) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, On4 September 2015
I would come in every morning at 7:30am to receive and process the daily truck delivery. Continuing the day by building furniture and doing carry outs till i leave for home at 3:30. I had excellent coworkers always willing to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was sometimes there wasn't enough workers and we had a lot of merchandise to process.
a learning experience, with challenges but pleasant
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa14 August 2015
it was a really enjoyable experience to work with this company. The company's policies are very nice and manageable. Associate care was there. Co- workers were also very cooperative. Re tail business is always tough and challenging but with the guidelines, support and help system there, it made it a delightful experience.
good
ticketing (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2015
good and fun, interesting, interactive, everyone was nice and their all friendly. hardest part of the job was the first day learning everything and having to know that everyone watching you, cause its your first day.
Great place to work for first jobW
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON29 June 2015
Working at Winners as my first job was pretty fun. I was part-time so after school I'd head to work for about 4 hours a day. I learned how to be patient and communication skills with customers and other co-workers. My co-workers were supportive and made work seem more fun than it actually was. The hardest part was pleasing customers who were wrong, but the most enjoyable was sorting out and organizing clothes which was my favourite.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
in a mall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.