The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work was not hard
General warehouse (Former Employee), Pittston Twp,PaAugust 3, 2014
Pros: celebrate holidays with cookouts at work
Cons: no advancement opportunity.
unfortunately the company was more geered to Foreign workers that came from other countries than those that are American.
great
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: discount, cash register
Cons: the pay was minimum wage, wanted more hours.
I enjoyed the experience of learning how to use the cash register. I learned about being flexible in a work environment. the hardest part of the job was the short working hours. my co-workers were amazing and so was my manager. I loved working with a well-rounded team.
TJX
Senior Allocation Specialist (Current Employee), Framingham, MAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: never the same day
Cons: constantly changing teams
What I love most about my job as a Senior Allocation Specialist at TJX is that there is no "typical day at work." Each day brings new opportunities and challenges. One day I might be planning the opening mix for the Christmas assortments and the next day I could be comp shopping candles. I have learned to work "in the gray" and to be flexible and to – more... adapt to different personalities, different work styles and how those differences can make a strong team. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not knowing what is coming next. It may seem like a perfectly quiet day and the to-do list is very short and then all of a sudden, there are 10 projects that need immediate attention. In the 7 1/2 years at TJX, I have learned to expect the unexpected and to be able to prioritize and work quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is any time I can spend researching new products. I love to comp shop in the market, get new ideas and bring them back to the buying teams. I especially love when the buyers react positively to the samples and I can work with them to try and source those products for future seasons. – less
Very enjoyable place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee), Hartlepool, ENGAugust 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with a great bunch of people and learned important lessons of the workplace in general and specifically the retail environment.
busy work place
sales (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAAugust 2, 2014
My day would consist of me cashing customers out. Calling other stores to see if they had and item at there location.. Doing layways, Mark downs ect. I learned alot about customer service. My co workers were okay. The hardest part of working there was when the store was slow. the most enoyable part of my job was you could ask for help with any thing – more... and someone was always there to help you. – less
Working at TJMaxx stores
Stock Room Associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INAugust 2, 2014
Well i started out in the stock room unboxing clothing, laying them flat per tops and bottoms and learning how to security tag purses..

Great company to work at.. nice and friendly co-workers and supervisors..

Not hard to learn this position.. I think i was the fastest employee they had when i worked in the evenings Monday to Friday..
productive
sales associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no weekends off
Rotating shifts,great employees,engaged managers,the hardest part of the job was the short lunch breaks,the most enjoyable part were the great customers.
A good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dothan, ALAugust 1, 2014
Got along with the others I worked with. Helped with customers.
Difficult work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Kennett Square, PAAugust 1, 2014
Dealt with a lot of crime and theft from there. People weren't all that great. I would put clothes back on racks and deal with customers when I was on the cash register.
Productive fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2014
Love the managers, co workers and hours very flexible. Not afraid to promote within
employees
Cashier (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 31, 2014
everyone at Tj Maxx is very friendly, it is a nice environment to work in.
one of the better retail places to work
Sales associate (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good team and ok pay
Cons: being on your feet 4-6 hours a day and not a full time job
I liked the team work aspect of this job. the management and the crew worked equily and no matter how much help you needed they were willing to occumidate.if i didnt have to get a full time job i still would be there.
Loved it
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2014
Fun and friendly management and co workers. Employee recognition. most enjoyable pat o the job, meeting all kind of people.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2014
Cons: short breaks and short hours.
I process a cart of show boxes and a cart full of luggage. I have not learned anything special other than the basic functions of my daily routines. The managers are really friendly, however it may seem like the managers do not care about what you need since I came to them with concerns of mine and nothing has improved. The co-workers are really friendly – more... and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the co-workers and customers. – less
this place was ok i guess
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJuly 31, 2014
I worked for c&t recycling the owner was really shady and ripped off workers constantly to keep control over them it was a joke
It was a learning experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 31, 2014
Over all good atmosphere. I learned a lot. The people were nice. Co-workers were helpful.
its ok...not the best
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 30, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: dont get to move up, minimum wage
I love working at the Maxx the first few months I was there. the people are great to work with and the managers are okay if they like you. they however are not big on training, if they like you in one spot you will be stuck there. And they dont really promote because they are only allowed so many people to be full time positions.

However i really do – more... enjoy working with the customers and my coworkers are great! I made friends pretty fast because everyone is pretty easy to get along with. – less
Okay Job
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2014
pushing merchandise to the floor and making it available to the public. Offering cutover service. I have learned to offer excellent customer service and how to be helpful to the customer in all aspects. Management is sometimes helpful and sometimes rude but they will help anyway. My co-workers are good people to be around with.
Front Line Supervisor
Front Line Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
-trained and supervised over 40 cashiers on store policies, procedures and P.O.S. equipment.
-responsible for supervising breaks and lunch schedules for cashiers, sales floor personnel and stock room employees.
-supervised the Jewelry Dept., which was a separate entity from the main store.
-reduced wait time on purchases by assisting with any customer – more... related issues.
-assisted the backroom inventory and markdown team by designating pricing. – less
good , company
Lead Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAJuly 28, 2014
nice place to work for ,,,,, my first job, staff was nice store was a clean environment and would work again if needed

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide. TJX operates – Read more