The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive,hard work and learnt to deal with different situation that I was faced with.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2015
This was a different experience for me as I am a teacher,but I enjoyed my job and got to learn many different things regarding sales.It is not as easy as it seems,but a fun experience.Working with different people from different places was also a great experience.
Production and fun place to work !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
The Management is very supportive and full of excitement. The job training to each associate is out of this world. Managers bring enthusiasm within the associates . Great place to work !
productive,flexible and a fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2015
Great workplace with friendly co-wokerss and very supportive management. There are little partiality among the co-workers especially between the full timers and the temporar- Agency workers but it is excepted because this always happens in most warehouse/factory workplace.
Pros
free pizzas mostly on fridays
Cons
partiality amongst co-workers and short breaks
Well communication among the employees
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2015
I undersand that it is company just like family members work together at home. Only one think is lacking of evalution of individuals. Many of the employees are higher qualified but the company should utilise their experience.
Relaxing work environment
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2015
The actual work itself was laid back and straightforward. But the management can make your jobs a lot more difficult than it has to be.
Pros
Able to pace youself through work
Cons
management
productive and cooperative environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  mississauga26 September 2015
Always a fun at work. All associates are very cooperative and the environment is awesome. learnt a lot of things about the marketing strategy and planning. Had a great experience of group therapy.
Productive fun work environment with excellent employees
Merchandise Processing Coordinator (MPC) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, On4 September 2015
I would come in every morning at 7:30am to receive and process the daily truck delivery. Continuing the day by building furniture and doing carry outs till i leave for home at 3:30. I had excellent coworkers always willing to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was sometimes there wasn't enough workers and we had a lot of merchandise to process.
a learning experience, with challenges but pleasant
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa14 August 2015
it was a really enjoyable experience to work with this company. The company's policies are very nice and manageable. Associate care was there. Co- workers were also very cooperative. Re tail business is always tough and challenging but with the guidelines, support and help system there, it made it a delightful experience.
good
ticketing (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2015
good and fun, interesting, interactive, everyone was nice and their all friendly. hardest part of the job was the first day learning everything and having to know that everyone watching you, cause its your first day.
Great place to work for first jobW
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON29 June 2015
Working at Winners as my first job was pretty fun. I was part-time so after school I'd head to work for about 4 hours a day. I learned how to be patient and communication skills with customers and other co-workers. My co-workers were supportive and made work seem more fun than it actually was. The hardest part was pleasing customers who were wrong, but the most enjoyable was sorting out and organizing clothes which was my favourite.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
in a mall
Productive & Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta1 June 2015
A place to utilize customer service skills
Friendly work environment
Great management
Loved being around fun people all day
Shortage of hours
Busy workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga20 May 2015
Working with different people everyday. Learning new tasks. Good problem solving, doing new and different things everyday.
good experience and productive workplace
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton18 May 2015
We start on time for work, we always have a meeting first with the supervisor regarding the productions and and set goals of the department. Reminding us always of the safety measures at work, exercise / stretching before starting. Co-workers are team players. hardest part of the job is sometime the heavy lifting. For me as a Mom, the most enjoyable was that the time goes so fast that your shift is already over.
solid place to work
puller (Former Employee) –  american drive4 May 2015
i worked the morning shift from 6:45 to 3pm as an associate using a pump truck to load merchandise. The company is great with fantastic employees.
Good Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2015
Serving customers and keeping the store neat and organized. Working in different departments.
Management is supportive.
A lot of team work.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Standing for a very long time
Great place, no hours.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2015
Although pay is good, you recieve no hours, some good workers, some unwelcoming to new people. Day is spent cleaning up after customers, and being ale to switch from cashier, to department.
Pros
Great people, good management, good pay
Cons
no hours, no enough people scheduled
A lovely environment to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tralee23 April 2015
I really enjoyed working at TKMaxx.The hours were extremely varied from week to week so I could not make a living from it.
Cons
Varied hours from week to week.
Good working environment
Cashier & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 April 2015
The overall work relationships developed at TJX are good solid ones. The employees all get along and are usually on the same page to get the work done.
Productive work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton Ont26 March 2015
long working shifts, co workers involved in personal life, enjoyable work environment. Hardest part would be standing all day.
No work/life balance for assistant managers
Assistant Manager of Operations & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 March 2015
Especially working in a busy store in Toronto, was putting in 13 hour days, every weekend, at the store until 11pm, felt like there was a lot of "Associate Care" but not for management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location