The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,410 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Goal Driven Company
Assistant Store Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Monroe, NYMarch 24, 2014
Cons: healthcare was expensive and not couldn't make a lot of money annually
I did have a great time working for TJX but being able to advance did take a little to long because there weren't many openings due to a lot of people with the company not retiring until their later years. Raises were also not given appropriately to the tasks being completed for the year.
A learning Experience
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Queens, NYMarch 24, 2014
I love everyone
everyone loved me hard working person who knows what to do
the most enjoyable part of my job helping people out
Good For Temp Work Only
Associate (Former Employee), Trussville, ALMarch 24, 2014
Pros: 45 minute lunch break, convient hours
Cons: horrible managers, no room for advancement
Not for anyone looking to advance. They brought in another manager from another store and passed over a dedicated shipping coordinator (btw: the ONLY manager that did ANY training) who had applied for the position some months in advance. She literally cried and the management made fun of her in public.
Excellent work enviornment
IT QA Project Manager (Current Employee), Framingham, MAMarch 23, 2014
Very busy work day, challenging work, with great technology exposure
Waste of Time
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee), Hot Springs,ARMarch 23, 2014
Pros: paid every week
Cons: stress, not enough coverage
Always busy, Always lots of employees calling in, Not enough coverage it was like that EVERY Single Day!
Work yourself to death cause of having to do jobs of missing associates /call in's I learned to take a deep breathe and realize I am only 1 person and to do my best and treat my customers the way I would like to treated & SMILE! ,Management had a – more... hard time being on the same page with one another. Each one of 4 supervisors would tell you a different thing to do a different way. A lot of drama between co-workers talking behind others backs. #veryjuniorhigh The hardest part was not stressing out when I was the only cashier & return associate and the check out line had over 30 customers in it and I would call for associates off the floor to help check and either they did not come or came up there with an attitude. The most enjoyable part was getting to see all the GREAT clothes and bargains. Do I think Management should have" handled it" YES I do, did they NO After 4 years I gave notice cuz it was never gonna change. Their LOSS Oh Well ;) Just saying.... – less
productive workplace
Key Associate (Current Employee), Stoke-on-Trent, ENGMarch 22, 2014
Typical day at work .Im working on hanging/gold label department at tk maxx copmany .Its small department cuz working there only 8 people but its good cuz there is no problems, no fighting or anything like that we like each other , helping and support .I've been there almost 6 years so i basicly doing everything there. I learn how to work in team like – more... to help eachother to solve any problem we have .As a most experience person i have to teach every new people coming arround to our department, As a part of Gold Label Team i need to be focus all the time cuz we deal with very expensive labels like Armani , Gucci , Stella Mcartney , Pucci and many others . Sometimes I have to do several things at once because I workout at all, at that time in our company is very busy, we have big targets,
and each day is a challenge, as for example, the company needs the amount of stock but we do not have much in the department,
so we have to do everything to meet these requirements to check the quality of all things, because we work with the more expensive brands. The most enjoyable part of my job is learn new things every day and work with great people – less
Extremely caring management and staff, catered lunches on occasion. Motivating games.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Amherst, NYMarch 20, 2014
Fast paced-cashier. Providing excellent customer service.
Okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Homestead, PAMarch 20, 2014
good first job. Wouldn't recommend for long term. Not very flexible
A fun and charismatic workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Easton, MAMarch 20, 2014
A typical day at work consists of helping customers to answer questions and meet their needs; customer service always comes first. As a cashier, I greet customers in a friendly manner, answer any questions the customer may have, scan & package the items appropriately, and thank the customer for shopping at TJMaxx.
I have learned that there are many – more... different personality types, teamwork is important, and different coding for best SHRINK methods.
Management is very helpful and answers all my questions positively.
Co-workers are helpful when I need assistance with a customer or problem.
The hardest part of the job is being able to handle customers that may be in very negative moods. I try to share my positive energy when I address them at the front desk.
The most enjoyable part of my job is having the feeling of satisfaction after helping a customer. – less
It was fun working In TK Maxx ireland.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dublin, DMarch 19, 2014
Pros: gift cards
It was great work environment with people from different cultures.
I had lot of fun and great work experience working in an multicultural environment.
Lazy, unprofessional management, selfish coworkers
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: everything
Typical day at work would be boring and unproductive. Management stereotypes you, sticks you in a corner where you can get absolutely no work done. And doesnt care to give you other jobs. Or even care to train you in more than 2 places.
It was a new store with the opportunity to learn everything from the ground up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), RotterdamMarch 18, 2014
Pros: short days 6 hours wasn't on feet so long
Cons: short breaks and little overtime
Come in and the truck would already be there or coming. The mall didn't open till at least 2 hours later. We would unload the trucks, store items in there places and the team leader would select what needed to be put out on the floors. We would load the carts and head to the store floor. At opening time I would go to the customer service desk and begin – more... dealing with returns, customer complaints and answering phones. – less
Productive Work Place
Sales associate (Current Employee), Richmond, KYMarch 18, 2014
I use a markdown machine. I love my coworkers they make work fun. Not many hours though.
First Job
Sales Associate- Seasonal (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2014
TJ Maxx was my first Job and I was so thankful to them for taking a chance on me because I had no prior work experience. Everyone was kind enough and the work wasn't hard. My managers were great and the atmosphere was nice.
As a Sales Associate at TJ Maxx my job required me to multi-task. I was responsible for not only working my area, but assisting – more... other employees with their tasks, assisting customers with their needs, ensuring that merchandise was made available for customers, working the registers, providing a friendly TJ Maxx experience, and answering calls that pertained to areas needed by the customers and managers.
I liked working there but at the end of the day, for me, I just didn't fit. – less
Fun Workplace
Customer Service within retail setting (Current Employee), Amherst, NYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: employee discount. re-hire former employees with good records with them. friendly envirnonment
Cons: starting pay is minimum wage.
Worked for TJX Companies several times over the past 20 yrs. I am always able to go back whenever I need to. Must be able to understand and meet the customer's needs and wants even if you do not agree with them.
The managers like "5 finger discounts"
.... (Current Employee), omaha,neMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: crooked management
I've worked for the company in Omaha, Ne for about 3 years and I have seen things that others have seen but nobody says anything. Due to the "far from- open door policy". I have seen managers hold $200.00 purses in their office until they are marked down to a 5 dollar yellow ticket. I have seen one manager take a censor off of a mens jacket and myself – more... and two other watched her son walk out with it without paying for it. Managers leave while they are on the clock sometimes 2 hours early, and spend most of their time on their phones in the office while eating (on the clock) I have heard managers talk about employees that they think are worthless. Though they are nice to me, I can gaurantee they talk about me too. I've never seen such poor behavior by grown women... – less
Productive and fun
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), windsor, ctMarch 17, 2014
Learning to have patience, was the most important part of the job, The customer always comes first. A great place to learn to work with others as a team.
it was productive, always something to work on.
Sales Associate/ stock and processing (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good lunch breaks, about 30 to 45 mins
Cons: no cons about the job.
clock in, talked to the managers to see what projects they would like for me to work one, enjoyed it. but getting so many projects thrown at you at one time in such a short time to get them done was overwhelming but got them done one at a time. enjoyed processing whenever there were truck days, enjoyed helping customers find the correct sizing of clothing – more... and brand to ensure that the customer found what they needed in a satisfying manner. – less
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 16, 2014
T.J. Maxx works well to accomidate college students during the school year. Management offers a open door to talk about any issues dealing with other employees or problems within the store.
Dependable
Store Associate (Current Employee), Devon, PAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: organize, good communication, team work
Cons: rude customer, hard to get promotion
I've been work TJ Maxx over 3 years and it's the good place to work.

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates¬†about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more