The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Driven towards success and customer needs
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 17, 2015
Highly competitive and and a great place to work, a company that lives by its values which is filtered from the cooperate level down to the hourly associate and temporary workers.
a learning experience, with challenges but pleasant
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OshawaAugust 14, 2015
it was a really enjoyable experience to work with this company. The company's policies are very nice and manageable. Associate care was there. Co- workers were also very cooperative. Re tail business is always tough and challenging but with the guidelines, support and help system there, it made it a delightful experience.
Great work life balance
field (Current Employee) –  ABAugust 11, 2015
Company lives what their values. great management, awesome people to work with. Feel challenged everyday! Everyday does not feel like work, its fun, energetic, lots of things to take care of. And you get the opportunity to grow within the company. Overal a Great Place to Work.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2015
it was a great company to work for. they really looked after the employees, made them feel valued. in addition to all the hard work that the employees put in, they ensured that everyone had a great time
Workplace Environment
General Worker Associate (Brampton-ON) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 21, 2015
Worked at TJX Canada for 11 years. My position was a GWA (General Labor Associate). In this position you needed to be flexible and adapt to change; but also work in a fast-paced environment.
learn different skills
Production Team Associate / Packaging (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 15, 2015
I had learnt packaging , labeling for different cosmetic and general items.

co- workers are very helpful.
I like morning shift time and I was enjoying my work.
good
ticketing (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 9, 2015
good and fun, interesting, interactive, everyone was nice and their all friendly. hardest part of the job was the first day learning everything and having to know that everyone watching you, cause its your first day.
Great place to work for first jobW
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJune 29, 2015
Working at Winners as my first job was pretty fun. I was part-time so after school I'd head to work for about 4 hours a day. I learned how to be patient and communication skills with customers and other co-workers. My co-workers were supportive and made work seem more fun than it actually was. The hardest part was pleasing customers who were wrong, but the most enjoyable was sorting out and organizing clothes which was my favourite.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
in a mall
Good place to work for.
GWA (Current Employee) –  Mississuaga, OnJune 27, 2015
TJX Canada is great place to work for despite all the shortcomings .
which any organization has.
Its has great environment to work for.
Pros
work atmosphere
Cons
timings
Good team work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 23, 2015
I took job in Winners as sales associate for my working holiday in Canada. It was good job, the coworkers and management were very friendly and polite. They are very good in coordination and team work. Work itself was pretty busy, so I never get bored. They pay min. wage and give you only part time with no benefits. They rise salary after half year, but it isn't even worthy mentioning. But this common practice in retail.
Pros
good team work, flexible schedule
Cons
salary. no benefits, hard to get full time job
Good for gaining experience
General Labourer, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 21, 2015
A helpful environment for gaining work experience
The people were understanding and willing to teach
Learned how to ticket, label, and pack orders
Busy workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMay 20, 2015
Working with different people everyday. Learning new tasks. Good problem solving, doing new and different things everyday.
good experience and productive workplace
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  BramptonMay 18, 2015
We start on time for work, we always have a meeting first with the supervisor regarding the productions and and set goals of the department. Reminding us always of the safety measures at work, exercise / stretching before starting. Co-workers are team players. hardest part of the job is sometime the heavy lifting. For me as a Mom, the most enjoyable was that the time goes so fast that your shift is already over.
solid place to work
puller (Former Employee) –  american driveMay 4, 2015
i worked the morning shift from 6:45 to 3pm as an associate using a pump truck to load merchandise. The company is great with fantastic employees.
Good Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 1, 2015
Serving customers and keeping the store neat and organized. Working in different departments.
Management is supportive.
A lot of team work.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Standing for a very long time
A lovely environment to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  TraleeApril 23, 2015
I really enjoyed working at TKMaxx.The hours were extremely varied from week to week so I could not make a living from it.
Cons
Varied hours from week to week.
Target
District Supervisor/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GTAApril 13, 2015
I enjoyed Target Canada and sad to see it leave, It was a great place to work! I would still be working for Target and would have loved to grow the organization....
Emphasis on Work Life Balance
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  6715 Airport Road Mississauga, ON L4M 4Z8April 7, 2015
Great place to work and advance as long as you are working within the merchandising departments. Overall good company to work for.
Pros
Company dedicated to values and diversity
Cons
No work from home policy
Good working environment
Cashier & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 4, 2015
The overall work relationships developed at TJX are good solid ones. The employees all get along and are usually on the same page to get the work done.
Great Opportunity for Summer Students - Lots of Training!
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2015
I worked at TJX over one summer for four months and was put through a 6 week training program, alongside other full time employees that were just hired. The training I received was incredible, especially for a company to invest that into a summer student that was only there for 16 weeks.
Pros
Lots of training, co-workers always helpful
Cons
Not much direction once training is done (dependent on manager)