The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2016
Nice working environment, helpful co-workers,responsive management makes TJX canada a fun place to work in and it is easily accessible by public transit too.
floor stock associate
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC10 April 2016
Managers were back stabbers and dishonest as well as some co-workers. Co-ordinators would set you up for failure and then manager would yell at you in front of customers until you would quit even after 5 years.
Pros
Cons
longtime employees would get people in trouble so they would get fired or quit
Amazing workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2016
At Winners at St. Laurent have their busy and dead days, I did learn different jobs all around the store like for example working at the warehouse, fitting room, sales floor, customer service and so on. The management are friendly, approachable, have a connections with the staff, always dependable and amazing. My co-workers works with harmony, there is always a teamwork and they always ready to help you out if you need help. The hardest part of the job is when it is really busy at the store and we need more people at the customer service though like I mentioned we always have a teamwork and we can call anyone on the floor to help us. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my customers happy and satisfied with the service that they have experienced.
easy going
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
working for winners is not for everyone, people may seem its just retail but there is more to it. You need to be able to work under pressure, independently and take initiative to day to day operations. The hardest part of working at winners was that some of management would understand your personal issues but others would not understand certain issues because they feel like work is work and that's the only thing you have is just work and not a family and outside life.
productive and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
Everyday there is always something different to work on.
The management whom I worked with knew what they were doing regarding the day to day operations. Working at the office was a great experience
Typical day at work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2016
Morning receiving of merchandise Mon-Fri.
Learned leadership skills,
Managing 50-60 associates
Great staff who are hard workers
Maintaining high energy through out the day
Engaging with customers, ensuring we provide the best shopping experience, and the amazing hard working staff.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 March 2016
Great company to work for, have loved all my time spent with the company at both locations. Love who i work with and the atmosphere that there is.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2016
The 4 years I been there was great, the people are nice and the management were kind. I worked the afternoon shift from 3: 45pm to 12:am. I learned how to look for merchandise by paperwork, I'm friendly towards co-workers, supervisors, and management that's what makes me likeable 'I hope'. there wasn't anything hard about the job, but I do enjoy the values the company stands for integrity, respect towards other, equality, and open communication.
Diversity
Packaging clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, On24 February 2016
They are good company its just hard to get a full time job. They are running via agency. Supervisor are great, fast paced. You do your job properly and noting will go wrong.
Pros
great people
Cons
some politics
Family like work culture
Data Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2016
Great place to work with great people. Lots of learning and opportunists. Bureaucratic structure with a top down approach.
Great Place
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2016
Overall a fantastic organization! Great culture, strong values and associate care. I have learned quite a bite over my time here and have enjoyed almost everyday.
productive
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2016
I have just worked there for 4 months and I like the job and the management and staff are very welcoming and they know what they are doing and treat all employees very well and equally.
Pros
free lunches on occasions
Cons
flexible hours
won great place to work 2 years in a row
CUSTOMER SERVICE/OPERATIONS CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 February 2016
tjx has 8 core values to live by as associate, they also are about work and home life balance. most associates are crossed trained so that you are more available for extra shifts
Amazing core values, work as a team to delivery results. Great place to work!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2016
Love my job and love the company. Work with the best team! Core values are lived every day, from the President down people are there to help you and your store grow and succeed.
Progressive and Friendly environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2016
TJX Canada doesn't just speak about its culture and values we all make it a part of our daily habits, associates are friendly and management is approachable.

Weekly plans are always established and communicated in a clear and concise manner.
Pros
Work life balance, culture & the people
Cons
Plans requires approval which may take very long.
Envolving and encouraging people
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2016
The workplace practices were really good . People were very friendly. The management was very friendly and honest. The management was engaging
Pros
Free lunces on ocasional and celebrations
Cons
long distance
It provides great ooprotunity to gain important skills required in my future career.
Summer Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 November 2015
It was a great place to gain valuable skills like communication, problem solving, etc. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help complete any task given.
Productive,hard work and learnt to deal with different situation that I was faced with.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2015
This was a different experience for me as I am a teacher,but I enjoyed my job and got to learn many different things regarding sales.It is not as easy as it seems,but a fun experience.Working with different people from different places was also a great experience.
3/5
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 November 2015
first serious job i ever had. good company and nice place and associates.
too much drama and confusion with staff and management.
people come and go always. low hours.
great place, great people, great culture! Simple amazing
Regional Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver29 October 2015
great place, wonderful people, great culture
Flexibility
Empowerment
The people are the heart of this business. The business model is great.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
to many changes

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location