The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Driven towards success and customer needs
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 17, 2015
Highly competitive and and a great place to work, a company that lives by its values which is filtered from the cooperate level down to the hourly associate and temporary workers.
Great work life balance
field (Current Employee) –  ABAugust 11, 2015
Company lives what their values. great management, awesome people to work with. Feel challenged everyday! Everyday does not feel like work, its fun, energetic, lots of things to take care of. And you get the opportunity to grow within the company. Overal a Great Place to Work.
It provides great ooprotunity to gain important skills required in my future career.
Summer Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 29, 2015
It was a great place to gain valuable skills like communication, problem solving, etc. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help complete any task given.
Growing company with great employee culture.
Processing Manager, Distribution Centre (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 28, 2013
Team environment focused on supply chain management. Learning and growth are encouraged. Management spends time one on one with reports to find best practices and work in harmony. Opening new stores frequently required project management and multi tasking as the existing stores still needed all the regular attention. Training new hires, and coaching Managers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
i was involved of many parts of the business which allowed me to learn budgeting, labour planning, product replenishment, purchasing, hr, it, accounting, inventory management, retail management and distribution centre management.
Cons
i was involved in all aspects of the business, and was expected to work long hours and weekends. working on the afternoon shift was not appealing.
Productive and Busy Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 8, 2014
Working at Marshall's was my first job as a student, and it was an eye opener. My co workers were very friendly and so were the management staff. I've learned to be punctual and work in a busy environment. The hardest part of my job was learning the skills needed for each section in the store in a short notice, but it was also the most enjoyable part due my excellent social skills and multitasking skils
Pros
friendly people
Cons
Productive fun work environment with excellent employees
Merchandise Processing Coordinator (MPC) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, OnSeptember 4, 2015
I would come in every morning at 7:30am to receive and process the daily truck delivery. Continuing the day by building furniture and doing carry outs till i leave for home at 3:30. I had excellent coworkers always willing to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was sometimes there wasn't enough workers and we had a lot of merchandise to process.
A company that truely lives up to the say of "Work Life Balance"
OPS/CS Manager (Former Employee) –  ONJanuary 25, 2015
Amazing organization to be a part of. Good wages and benefits for Leaders or Managers.

TJX could improve on technology in the stores
Pros
work life balance
Cons
lack of systems and technology
Well communication among the employees
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2015
I undersand that it is company just like family members work together at home. Only one think is lacking of evalution of individuals. Many of the employees are higher qualified but the company should utilise their experience.
productive work place
picker (Former Employee) –  brampton, OnOctober 20, 2015
lots of work and lots of workers. very multi cultural , friendly environment , workers recognition , balanced work environment, friendly staff and co workers
a learning experience, with challenges but pleasant
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OshawaAugust 14, 2015
it was a really enjoyable experience to work with this company. The company's policies are very nice and manageable. Associate care was there. Co- workers were also very cooperative. Re tail business is always tough and challenging but with the guidelines, support and help system there, it made it a delightful experience.
productive and cooperative environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  mississaugaSeptember 26, 2015
Always a fun at work. All associates are very cooperative and the environment is awesome. learnt a lot of things about the marketing strategy and planning. Had a great experience of group therapy.
N/A
Merchandising Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is being given new projects that I can use to enhance my skills and develop new ones that I can use to further my career in retail buying, category management and inventory analysis.
Experience with computer software AS400
Order processing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2015
Experience to process and complete orders for clients with AS400
Software.Process orders to different stores across Canada
Printing of locator cards and store labels
Process orders electronically
Assigning different orders to associates and complecting them electronically
Retreive the locations of various merchandise by header, keytrol and pack size
Pros
big company
Cons
no career growth
Ticketing/ Re-pack/ Lay-Up (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 22, 2014
TJX is a place where motivates you to work more hard day by day. It involves a great multi-cultural community and you learn new things each day you work. Management at TJX are very motivational as well, they would encourage workers like me to work hard and by the end of the year workers would be given free merchandise.
Pros
free lunches.
Great place to work for first jobW
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJune 29, 2015
Working at Winners as my first job was pretty fun. I was part-time so after school I'd head to work for about 4 hours a day. I learned how to be patient and communication skills with customers and other co-workers. My co-workers were supportive and made work seem more fun than it actually was. The hardest part was pleasing customers who were wrong, but the most enjoyable was sorting out and organizing clothes which was my favourite.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
in a mall
Excellent place to work
Winners & Marshalls Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Great culture and team work
great salary and benefits
team bbq's
challenging and also stress free
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
afternoon shift with no opportunity for day shift in the near future
All good
Merchandise Processing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  VancouverNovember 4, 2014
Professional working environment and cooperative Management team. being part of training programs for career growth
Good Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 1, 2015
Serving customers and keeping the store neat and organized. Working in different departments.
Management is supportive.
A lot of team work.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Standing for a very long time
Productive and fun workplace with great company outings.
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2013
TJX Canada is an up and coming company that I greatly appreciated and valued being a part of. Working in the cash office allowed me to let my obsessive compulsive organizational side run wild. Through my everyday work and the training of other associates and management, I was able to achieve an audit-proof system. This allowed me to have a key role in loss prevention and it's awareness. While time was often limited, I was able to achieve productive and efficient results that allowed for little to no internal or external paperwork and cash handling company errors.
Pros
free lunches, great associates, great location.
Cons
not enough training hours, frequent changes in management.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2015
it was a great company to work for. they really looked after the employees, made them feel valued. in addition to all the hard work that the employees put in, they ensured that everyone had a great time

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location