The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

productive,flexible and a fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 4, 2015
Great workplace with friendly co-wokerss and very supportive management. There are little partiality among the co-workers especially between the full timers and the temporar- Agency workers but it is excepted because this always happens in most warehouse/factory workplace.
Pros
free pizzas mostly on fridays
Cons
partiality amongst co-workers and short breaks
Well communication among the employees
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2015
I undersand that it is company just like family members work together at home. Only one think is lacking of evalution of individuals. Many of the employees are higher qualified but the company should utilise their experience.
Relaxing work environment
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 26, 2015
The actual work itself was laid back and straightforward. But the management can make your jobs a lot more difficult than it has to be.
Pros
Able to pace youself through work
Cons
management
productive and cooperative environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  mississaugaSeptember 26, 2015
Always a fun at work. All associates are very cooperative and the environment is awesome. learnt a lot of things about the marketing strategy and planning. Had a great experience of group therapy.
productive, fast paced environment, fun
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 19, 2015
learned new ways to work faster and increase production
ticketed items and packed away to the correct stores
hardest part was the long hours
most enjoyable part was looking at the new items being shipped
Pros
less time for lunch
Cons
long hours, long walk to the lunch room
Productive fun work environment with excellent employees
Merchandise Processing Coordinator (MPC) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, OnSeptember 4, 2015
I would come in every morning at 7:30am to receive and process the daily truck delivery. Continuing the day by building furniture and doing carry outs till i leave for home at 3:30. I had excellent coworkers always willing to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was sometimes there wasn't enough workers and we had a lot of merchandise to process.
Driven towards success and customer needs
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 17, 2015
Highly competitive and and a great place to work, a company that lives by its values which is filtered from the cooperate level down to the hourly associate and temporary workers.
a learning experience, with challenges but pleasant
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OshawaAugust 14, 2015
it was a really enjoyable experience to work with this company. The company's policies are very nice and manageable. Associate care was there. Co- workers were also very cooperative. Re tail business is always tough and challenging but with the guidelines, support and help system there, it made it a delightful experience.
Great work life balance
field (Current Employee) –  ABAugust 11, 2015
Company lives what their values. great management, awesome people to work with. Feel challenged everyday! Everyday does not feel like work, its fun, energetic, lots of things to take care of. And you get the opportunity to grow within the company. Overal a Great Place to Work.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2015
it was a great company to work for. they really looked after the employees, made them feel valued. in addition to all the hard work that the employees put in, they ensured that everyone had a great time
Workplace Environment
General Worker Associate (Brampton-ON) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 21, 2015
Worked at TJX Canada for 11 years. My position was a GWA (General Labor Associate). In this position you needed to be flexible and adapt to change; but also work in a fast-paced environment.
learn different skills
Production Team Associate / Packaging (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 15, 2015
I had learnt packaging , labeling for different cosmetic and general items.

co- workers are very helpful.
I like morning shift time and I was enjoying my work.
good
ticketing (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 9, 2015
good and fun, interesting, interactive, everyone was nice and their all friendly. hardest part of the job was the first day learning everything and having to know that everyone watching you, cause its your first day.
Great place to work for first jobW
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJune 29, 2015
Working at Winners as my first job was pretty fun. I was part-time so after school I'd head to work for about 4 hours a day. I learned how to be patient and communication skills with customers and other co-workers. My co-workers were supportive and made work seem more fun than it actually was. The hardest part was pleasing customers who were wrong, but the most enjoyable was sorting out and organizing clothes which was my favourite.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
in a mall
Good place to work for.
GWA (Current Employee) –  Mississuaga, OnJune 27, 2015
TJX Canada is great place to work for despite all the shortcomings .
which any organization has.
Its has great environment to work for.
Pros
work atmosphere
Cons
timings
Good team work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 23, 2015
I took job in Winners as sales associate for my working holiday in Canada. It was good job, the coworkers and management were very friendly and polite. They are very good in coordination and team work. Work itself was pretty busy, so I never get bored. They pay min. wage and give you only part time with no benefits. They rise salary after half year, but it isn't even worthy mentioning. But this common practice in retail.
Pros
good team work, flexible schedule
Cons
salary. no benefits, hard to get full time job
Good for gaining experience
General Labourer, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 21, 2015
A helpful environment for gaining work experience
The people were understanding and willing to teach
Learned how to ticket, label, and pack orders
Busy workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMay 20, 2015
Working with different people everyday. Learning new tasks. Good problem solving, doing new and different things everyday.
good experience and productive workplace
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  BramptonMay 18, 2015
We start on time for work, we always have a meeting first with the supervisor regarding the productions and and set goals of the department. Reminding us always of the safety measures at work, exercise / stretching before starting. Co-workers are team players. hardest part of the job is sometime the heavy lifting. For me as a Mom, the most enjoyable was that the time goes so fast that your shift is already over.
solid place to work
puller (Former Employee) –  american driveMay 4, 2015
i worked the morning shift from 6:45 to 3pm as an associate using a pump truck to load merchandise. The company is great with fantastic employees.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location