The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

sales assistant
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London24 May 2016
Maximum 20 hours contracts, if you refuse overtime they won't be asking anymore. If someone calls sick they don't remplace and it is the struggle on the shop floor. Overall good experience as they gave me the opportunity to become a team leader.
it's a calm and respectful place to work
ticketing, packing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2016
They are Productive, respectful. I had the chance to work for 2 wonderful supervisor when I was there so I would say is nice place to work.
Pros
Cons
N/A
Receiving
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2016
Great learning experience. Learned alot about working as a TEAM. • Unloading goods from Trucks/Containers.
• Report/communicate all discrepancies and damages to proper account holder.
• Check incoming products against packing slips to spot discrepancies in quantity and damaged goods and inspect the conditions of the products during receipt.
Good place to work as student
STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2016
Great for students as they do have flexible shifts available and they do understand schooling comes first no matter what.
Productive environment.
Layup (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2016
Enjoyable environment. Working with a friendly crowd and hard workers. Always had a positive vibe and great energy. Co-workers were great, was able to lean a lot from them.
long hours with short lunch breaks.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2016
very long, gruelling, dirty environment. people and other employees were very nice and got along great. the pay was good also.
Amazing place to work with multicultural colleagues
Summer Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 April 2016
The management is great. They provide great support with training to approach your desired goals. Working here aided me to gain great team working skills along with time management skills dictating with the fast pace environment. The co-workers are willing to provide encouragement for further opportunities. In addition, every month, the company educated us on safety issues that arises in the distribution center and how to avoid any faults and misusees of any machinaries. I do highly recommend working at TJX Canada due to its collaboration and participatory environment in the distribution center where I have spent 3 months.
Great teamwork and fun experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2016
The basic part of the job is to keep the store tidy and keep the shelf full and organized. You can develop a good sense of merchandising and polish your customer service skill. You get to work with mostly young and enthusiastic co workers that make the job more fun. The management team is mostly helpful and friendly. You need to be on your feet for long hours and depending on which department you work for, you need to do some lifting and moving that can be hard on back sometimes.
Pros
flexible part time hours, fun and easy going work environment
Cons
long hours of standing on your feet and lifting heavy items
ok
Labour worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2016
decent, not enough hours, supervisor had favouritism towards the male workers. Overall a decent place to work, high and fast paced
Good people to work with
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2016
Nice working environment, helpful co-workers,responsive management makes TJX canada a fun place to work in and it is easily accessible by public transit too.
floor stock associate
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC10 April 2016
Managers were back stabbers and dishonest as well as some co-workers. Co-ordinators would set you up for failure and then manager would yell at you in front of customers until you would quit even after 5 years.
Pros
Cons
longtime employees would get people in trouble so they would get fired or quit
easy going
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
working for winners is not for everyone, people may seem its just retail but there is more to it. You need to be able to work under pressure, independently and take initiative to day to day operations. The hardest part of working at winners was that some of management would understand your personal issues but others would not understand certain issues because they feel like work is work and that's the only thing you have is just work and not a family and outside life.
productive and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
Everyday there is always something different to work on.
The management whom I worked with knew what they were doing regarding the day to day operations. Working at the office was a great experience
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 March 2016
Great company to work for, have loved all my time spent with the company at both locations. Love who i work with and the atmosphere that there is.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2016
The 4 years I been there was great, the people are nice and the management were kind. I worked the afternoon shift from 3: 45pm to 12:am. I learned how to look for merchandise by paperwork, I'm friendly towards co-workers, supervisors, and management that's what makes me likeable 'I hope'. there wasn't anything hard about the job, but I do enjoy the values the company stands for integrity, respect towards other, equality, and open communication.
Envolving and encouraging people
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2016
The workplace practices were really good . People were very friendly. The management was very friendly and honest. The management was engaging
Pros
Free lunces on ocasional and celebrations
Cons
long distance
Productive,hard work and learnt to deal with different situation that I was faced with.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2015
This was a different experience for me as I am a teacher,but I enjoyed my job and got to learn many different things regarding sales.It is not as easy as it seems,but a fun experience.Working with different people from different places was also a great experience.
Production and fun place to work !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
The Management is very supportive and full of excitement. The job training to each associate is out of this world. Managers bring enthusiasm within the associates . Great place to work !
productive,flexible and a fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2015
Great workplace with friendly co-wokerss and very supportive management. There are little partiality among the co-workers especially between the full timers and the temporar- Agency workers but it is excepted because this always happens in most warehouse/factory workplace.
Pros
free pizzas mostly on fridays
Cons
partiality amongst co-workers and short breaks
Well communication among the employees
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2015
I undersand that it is company just like family members work together at home. Only one think is lacking of evalution of individuals. Many of the employees are higher qualified but the company should utilise their experience.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location