The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Retail Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 9, 2014
At TJ Maxx, I was a Sales Associate. I worked as a cashier, and also assisted customers on the floor. Here, I learned how to use a cashier, stay organized, and work in a diligent and effective manner. I enjoyed working with coworkers as a team, and assisting customers in a friendly and efficient way.
Mediocre
Sales Associate/Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Shreveport, LASeptember 8, 2014
The customer service was never up to par, and the overall environment was not very friendly.
Professional work environment
Processing Supervisor, Las Vegas (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: excellent team environment
Cons: associate turnover
Loved working at MarMaxx. Non-conveyable department was a unique and challenging department. each item had to be counted, price tagged, and packaged for shipping. Ensuring all necessary packaging materials were available, and assigning orders were the main points for this department. Achieving either the pallet count goal or the UPH was the objective. – more... Training associates and communicating work goals made this job easer and manageable. – less
Some days are better than others
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: friendly customers, flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
A lot of work! Some days are better than others. I enjoy helping the customers, most of them are sweet and they are one of the reasons why it is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Great Company
Backend Supervisor (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 5, 2014
This is a great company. The work environment is great. Youre able to move up in the company.
Packed Packed Packed low pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: everything
Clock in and straight to the front, learned how to stand up for 10 hrs, Management has favorites and give them daytime hrs along with saturday and/or sunday off. co-workers are the best. Most enjoyable part is leaving.
a great work enviornment
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: holiday breakfast lunch and, dinners
Cons: there are not too many cons
Tj Maxx is a great work place i love the friendly vibe from all the co-worker. management is very understanding and great to work for. Typical day for me will be off loading the truck and replenishing the floor. the hardest part of he job is waking up at 4 am every morning but I'm use to it by now. The most enjoyable part about the job is that we get – more... paid every week. – less
Family like atmosphere
Coordinator/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, opportunities to move up within the company
Cons: not enough hours sometimes
Constant customer service, constant movement and always busy at TJ maxx
People were nice and job was easy, but at times stressfull
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 5, 2014
Management pushed to get more and more out. Not a very hard job but compensation was adequate.
TJMaxx, Marshalls
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ CASHIER (Former Employee), murray utahSeptember 4, 2014
It was my first job right out of high school. Perfect for high school students. Cant make a ton of money unless you hustle for hours or are a manager. Very easy training. Everything is repetitive and by the book.
Great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 4, 2014
Respectable management
Good pay
Good coworkers
Fun environment
Reasonable hours
Flexible, fun enviroment, good managers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), san dimasSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: works with schedule
Cons: no benfetis, position advancement
flexible with school schedule, requesting days off.
fun environment.
A decent place to work
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bowie, MDSeptember 3, 2014
A decent place to work with mostly friendly coworkers and customers. Pace changes with holidays and or sales such as a busy day to a not so busy day to some times very very slow but there is always work to be done.With constant management changes communication was not always at its best from employee to management. Lack of hours and instability with – more... days of work – less
Great atmosphere
Technical Project Leader (Current Employee), Framingham, MASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: salary
I truly enjoy the great group of people I work with on a daily basis. They keep things fun and loose and the atmosphere is relaxed. We all know our jobs and work as a team to get the job done. Management is easily accessible and they encourage communication.
Easy work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: low hours
The job is very easy and it has some good management. The people are very kind and willing to help you learn your role in the company. the down side would be the hours.
Retail Environment, great management
Coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Coordinator for the home decor department at TJ Maxx. Easily promoted with hard work and dedication to projects and creating displays. Time management is a must, along with completing multiple projects each week.
ok
Sales associate, Front end coordinator (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 2, 2014
you cant move up in the company fast.everthing is a little dated
Enjoyable place to work but does not pay well.
Coordinator of Misses and Accessories Department (Current Employee), Gibsonia, PASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere and nice coworkers.
Cons: lack of support from management and low wages.
Enjoyable place to work overall, however, doesn't pay much; struggling to pay off my student loans. Majority of employees are in their late teens and haven't developed any work ethic - makes it difficult to get things done. Management does not enforce the rules for the younger employees - been told that the employees do not care and there is not anything – more... I or management can do to change that so I should stop worrying about it. There is not much room for advancement, and even if I do advance, there increase in pay is so minute that it is not worth it. I love being able to merchandise new items from the truck and I love making organized and nice looking displays. Interacting with customers is nice from time to time. I love being busy and always having something to do. – less
Amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Granada Hills, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: kindness of staff and customers
Cons: no benefits
There is nothing better than working in a clean retail business with amazing customers.
My best job I ever had
Regional Investigations Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: caring upper management and corporate headquarters
The company organizational structure was an A plus from the top on down.

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide. TJX operates – Read more