The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,681 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work and shop
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 11, 2014
Very busy and fast placed not that organized. There wa not alot of positions to advance to
Great company
District Investigator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good people to work with and for
Pretty much a 9-5 position, but sometimes adjustments need to be made for business purposes.
Just another retail job.
Part-time Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee), MichiganAugust 10, 2014
Not enough pay for the large amount work that is required of employees.
Great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2014
Nice people. Clean work space. Employee discount could be better. Great customer service.
Not a chance to grow and advance from the stockroom
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 10, 2014
Early Morning job including receiving shipments Everyday, sorting Merchandises in different department, Moving sorted baskets to the floor to be organized on the shelves.
Poor management towards the stockroom.
Getting Heavy loads of merchandise for a few number of employees, unfair expectations from managers.
Great coworkers, most enjoyable part was – more... taking a break with the coworkers. – less
management
Sales assistant - Other (Former Employee), farnboroughAugust 10, 2014
Always friendly and willing to help. Never had any problems with any of the management team, and whenever i needed help they were there. My only concern was that when the shop was extremely busy, the managers were always sat in there office not participating in a share of the work load.
Laid-back environment
associate (Current Employee), Encinitas, CAAugust 9, 2014
The job can be fun at times. In a rush hour, it can get stressful.
Focused yet fun work place.
Front Desk Associate / Sales Associate Part Time (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 9, 2014
I work as a front desk associate. I return items, answer and direct calls to appropriate associate or manager. I learned how to interact with customers how to diffuse situations that are getting out of hand. The job is not hard at all you just have to have great customer service and people skills. I enjoy my job because I love the customers.
Growth Oppturnity
FEC- Front End Coordinator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 9, 2014
I liked the experience of being able to manage a small group and obtain growth to customer service skills.
alway on time love working with people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 9, 2014
customer service helping people as need cashier price manardises parking and cleaning
10 hour days get difficult at times but your body learns to adjust and adapt
Power Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Evansville, INAugust 7, 2014
Not a bad job if your get into repetition. There isn't any growth potential as an associate as they rarely look for internal promotion.
day at work
sales Associate (Former Employee), southendAugust 7, 2014
i worked at tkmaxx for 6 years was a very good job, in my time their i made met some great hard working people was a good company to work for
Calm steady days
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: calm steady environment
Great place to work.Great people. Fun to meet new people and to help them daily.
Its a job in retail
Mark Down Team Captain (Former Employee), Midland TexasAugust 6, 2014
They work with your schedule. Its retail. Its a job that requires attention to details.
Great place for shoping
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paramount, CAAugust 5, 2014
I organized merchandise, provided customer service and assisted customers in locating items in the store.
Pay the bills
Sales Associate (Current Employee), London, ENGAugust 4, 2014
I don't have any regret to have been working there, but it is not really my cup of tea.
Work was not hard
General warehouse (Former Employee), Pittston Twp,PaAugust 3, 2014
Pros: celebrate holidays with cookouts at work
Cons: no advancement opportunity.
unfortunately the company was more geered to Foreign workers that came from other countries than those that are American.
great
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: discount, cash register
Cons: the pay was minimum wage, wanted more hours.
I enjoyed the experience of learning how to use the cash register. I learned about being flexible in a work environment. the hardest part of the job was the short working hours. my co-workers were amazing and so was my manager. I loved working with a well-rounded team.
TJX
Senior Allocation Specialist (Current Employee), Framingham, MAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: never the same day
Cons: constantly changing teams
What I love most about my job as a Senior Allocation Specialist at TJX is that there is no "typical day at work." Each day brings new opportunities and challenges. One day I might be planning the opening mix for the Christmas assortments and the next day I could be comp shopping candles. I have learned to work "in the gray" and to be flexible and to – more... adapt to different personalities, different work styles and how those differences can make a strong team. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not knowing what is coming next. It may seem like a perfectly quiet day and the to-do list is very short and then all of a sudden, there are 10 projects that need immediate attention. In the 7 1/2 years at TJX, I have learned to expect the unexpected and to be able to prioritize and work quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is any time I can spend researching new products. I love to comp shop in the market, get new ideas and bring them back to the buying teams. I especially love when the buyers react positively to the samples and I can work with them to try and source those products for future seasons. – less
Very enjoyable place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee), Hartlepool, ENGAugust 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with a great bunch of people and learned important lessons of the workplace in general and specifically the retail environment.

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide. TJX operates – Read more