The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work!
Sales and Merchandiser (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WINovember 17, 2014
Great way to gain experience in customer service! Management was fun and my co-workers were great too.
I love all my co-workers and customers.
Sales floor Home Goods Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Schererville, INNovember 16, 2014
I enjoy all the different people I get to meet everyday. I enjoy the fast paced environment. The manangment was excellent.
family feel workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Akron, OHNovember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, company has heart, people you work with, helping others find just what they need.
Cons: you can only be late/ call off sick 12 days in a year.
We wait outside til management opens the doors and gives us the ok to start our workday. put your stuff in your locker. make coffee. double check ready to work, clock in and go to your post. doors open public comes in. Greet customers. Check your area to make sure all is right . put new items out and make everything presentable. Help customers find – more... their perfect items. See if they have a tj maxx credit card (if old enough) check them out, see if they want to help current cause, and wish them a wonderful day and to come back any time. Management is awesome and co-workers are sweet.
The hardest thing is to get all product out in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything! – less
Nice company but no set policies...still young.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Panama City, FLNovember 13, 2014
Nice company but no set policies...Nice company but no set policies...still young.still young.
work day
Store Detective (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
come in talk to management in the meetings see what needed in the store from the loss prevention side, investigate any suspicious activity external and internally,
very productive
sales associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2014
a typical day for a sales associate is basically greeting all customers upon entering the store and taking care of the store by making sure its clean and ready for customers to shop
Good working environment and exciting challenges
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee), London, ENGNovember 12, 2014
Always a good place to work has a certain buzz to it every new day and such a bubbly and live working environment to be involved in also learned and gained extra knowledge in satisfying customers to best possible standards and how to keep my time in tact and in organised fashion.
Work
General Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Worcester, MANovember 12, 2014
My first warehouse job
Learned how to ticket merchandise
Employees were helpful
always get to meet new people
Fitting Room Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
everyday i go to work open minded,always happy,positive get my work done the way i am suppose to,my co workers have always been good people we always enjoy working as a team,the ordest part is when your not able to defend your self when a customer get out of line and start getting too deep into your personality...when customers are nice its really fun
Best job I ever had
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Germantown, MDNovember 11, 2014
Pros: quality of life
TJ Maxx is a great retail company they offer exciting products.
TJ MAXX
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MONovember 10, 2014
I worked here for a number of years. I really enjoyed the management and staff.
flexable schedule, great coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, CONovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, pleasant coworkers
Cons: part time schedule
Typical day is arriving early to push inventory from receiving to sales floor. Recover sales floor to prepare for opening. Complete mark downs if necessary. Prepare registers for opening. Meeting with manager to discuss current issues prior to opening. Assist customers as needed on sales floor and at register.

The hardest part of the job is being on – more... my feet for long periods of time.

I really enjoy the people I work with. – less
its retail, what do you expect?
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Miami Beach, FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: ...
Cons: hours are horrible, management, overworked under payed
My experience at TJ Maxx honestly was horrible. I was a member for over a year and I dont know how i lasted that long lol I got the job while i was in highschool so just having a job was pretty cool and the $7.93 an hour didnt bother me ... until i got to college and i realized it neverrrrrrr changed ! this company is truly over worked and under payed. – more... the managers were mad alllll the time and i honestly believe the only reason i was there for so long was the staff. we were all the same age and worked really hard as a team. I truly wouldn't recommend it unless you like crazy fitting rooms . btw i went up .33 cents before quiting ... yayyyyyy – less
Is this really a job?
Front desk Cashier/Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lanham, MDNovember 7, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: terrible hours, terrible pay
THE HOURS SUCK!!!!!! The hours start of good, but then they disappear. Seriously they start you at $7.25 and they will literally put 1-2 days on your schedule for an entire week, and thats even if you have FULL availability. And that goes for Marshalls, and HomeGoods too.
Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), St. Austell, ENGNovember 7, 2014
I loved working at TKMax but the position was only temporally
lot's of foreigners
general warehouse (Former Employee), Pittston, PANovember 6, 2014
Pros: climate control
Cons: lot's of non english speaker, 90% of them
This Pittston location prefer foreigners mostly from india , nepal / bhutan and hispanic from mexico , dominican and puerto rico .
if you are white , you are the minority .
for them , easy to get the job without interview . the job is advertised only for formality purpose , they don't even have to speak english to get the job . american is second class – more... worker ! 90% are foreigners .
less pay plus you need to feed union around $9 out of your paycheck . they drive forklift like maniac too , watch out ! i wonder how they easily can pass forklift test , lol .
most supervisors there are lazy , they usually talking too much between them and in some cases tell an associate to do they dirty job or make someone as their right hand .
what a joke !!! – less
Productive workplace
Sales associate/jewellery associate (Former Employee), PurleyNovember 6, 2014
Great place to work well managed. Fun working experience, good working environment.
Good place to work with friendly people.
christmas temp (Former Employee), BlackpoolNovember 5, 2014
I usually was on the till making sure that the customers were all being looked after and served quickly and politely.
Fun workplace
HR/Admin Executive (Former Employee), Hatfield, ENGNovember 4, 2014
- There is always loads to do, however team was very helpful
- Had a fun time working with range of management
- shop whilst you work
- One can explore their suitability in work area due to vast choice
Good discounts
Seasonal Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CANovember 4, 2014
Company really cares about employees. Get free lunch during holiday season.

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. – Read more

The TJX Companies, Inc. Photos