The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,405 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast pace and enjoyable work place. i love being in retail
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Forked River, NJApril 8, 2014
A typical day at work is usually a busy day at work. I am most of the time running around trying to get a lot of things done and picked up on why whole shift.
I learned how to deal with customers problems in a professional manner.
My co-workers are nice to work with, there are different personality's which keeps it fresh every time I go into a shift – more... because I see different and new faces.
There isn't really a hard part of this job. I just go in and do what I have to do, I don't find retail too hard.
The most enjoyable part about this job is being able to work with other people and interact with customers. – less
Diversity and fun retail environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: pay
I loved my co-workers and what I was doing on the job. Pay and hours aren't that great. But I genuinely loved going into work everyday. Plenty of breaks as well.
Customer Smiles
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 7, 2014
I really loved seeing a smile on a customers face after they have received the best possible service from someone like me who truly cares.
Interesting place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), 9125 West Broad StreetApril 7, 2014
Pros: associate incentives
Cons: no appreciation for hard work
Enjoy the customers and interacting with them and fellow associates
Retail is HARD work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Blaine, MNApril 7, 2014
Pros: get a 10% discount
Cons: short breaks, not nearly enough pay for all the hard work. very late hours
a typical day involves constant movement including running circles around the store answering calls, organizing shelves, folding, hanging, and putting away clothes, stocking, covering breaks and running as a back up cashier. You do not stop moving except when your on break for a whole 15 minutes or sitting down in the bathroom.

There is little room – more... for advancement as there is a lot of turnover and management is not the best. The pay is very low and there is very little/no advancement opportunities. – less
warehouse assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), londonApril 5, 2014
i wanted a job in a warehouse role doing picker packing an counting stock and loading stock to be delivered to their location
Retail Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 4, 2014
 Replenish merchandise on shelves from containers; rotate merchandise and keep it orderly
and neat in appearance
 Greet customers recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
 Respond to phone calls and answer queries regarding store operations and products
Best Company I have had the Privledge to Work At!!
SVP - Human Resources - Marmaxx Division (Former Employee), Framingham, MAApril 4, 2014
Pros: financially solid company
Cons: location, boston area can be a little tricky for diverse candidates
TJX pushed my thinking and challenged me every day that I went to work. It did not seem like work as I enjoyed the relationships that were made and developed during my time at TJX.

The company has a very strong culture that is not for every one, but if you believe in working hard, with a great work life balance and if you love building relationships – more... and getting things done through great relationships this is the place for you. – less
Good friendly atmosphere, cleanliness, organized store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, MSApril 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches, frequent rewards, 10% 24/hour discount
Cons: short, 15 breaks
I have worked at TJMaxx for only a year but I loved every second of my experience. My co-workers were always friendly to me, other associates and especially to customers. The management was always understanding and worked with me and my schedule. I learned a lot about customers service. I especially loved the 20% discounts we receive each month.
There is always something to work on. Never a boring moment.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was when we closed down the store and I got to go home and rest.
good
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), southendApril 3, 2014
service customers, keep the shop clean and tidy ,good management and co -workers
Productive and a extensive work
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PRApril 3, 2014
Pros: different benefits
In a typical day of work I have to manage run the store form the register, to front desk, to jewelry and fitting room department. Also you may work in the back room filling up the appliances throughout the store. I have learned to be multitasking and having initiative of my own for every decision in the daily job.
Fast Paced, enjoyable company to work for
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee), Leicester, Nuneaton, Burton, Bullring, Coventry.April 3, 2014
A typical day at work would start with a walk of the store to identify and alert signals for dishonest activity and any breakdowns in operational compliance and Health and Safety issues, Staff training is completed when required and a focus on theft and Fraud. The people i interact with changed on a daily basis as i was covering 3 stores accross the – more... district working with many levels of management. The associates are hard working and are always willing to help, i am also there to listen to them if they need to talk to someone.
I have learned a lot while working for TKmaxx covering all the operational side of retail from working a till and Cash office banking to Audit focus and Inventory. The best part of my job was the freedom do get on and get the job done, prioratising my own day/week, my rota could change by the hour depending on risks that may occur through my stores. – less
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAApril 2, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, flexible scheduling
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours, health care
Working at TJ Maxx consist of ringing on the registers, handling all the cash transactions such as returns and exchanges. Sales Associates also answer telephones, stock merchandise, run clothes ect. I am also a fitting room attendant. I meet and greet customers, count the merchandise that comes in and take out.I make sure that the clothes are hung correctly – more... on the hanging racks. My job consists on making sure all clothes are buttoned, zipped, tags and keyders are correctly in place. I also clean the fitting rooms from top to bottom, cleaning mirror, dusting, vacuuming, make sure all . I learned that customer service is very important when working in retail. If you have great customer service, that would help bring money to your company which will bring hours to the associate 's schedule..not only will the company make money, the employees as well. Our management consist of a store manager, assistant manager, C.E.C (Head Cashier), Sales associates, stockers, ect. My coworkers and I work as a team which makes the workplace enjoyable. The hardest part of my job would be unloading the truck. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on the registers and dealing with the public. – less
Unable to give further employment recommendations is a real downfall
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYApril 2, 2014
My 1st job, learned all retail positions for the most part.
I prefer not to say anything else.
happy costumer
Customer Service (Former Employee), Purley, ENGApril 2, 2014
Pros: extra hours
Cons: it was a sunday
A typical day at work is starting with costumers wanting more items,different sizes, colours of products.
I had a lady she was looking for a dress from Dior and we had only one in the store but it looked like nobody purchased that dress so the dress was still in the store but nowhere to be found.The costumer she was a frequent shopaholic in our store. – more... Me and two other colleagues we were looking for the dress in the whole store which is on 2 levels.We where able to check with the management to find out if they have this special dress in other branches across London, and finally we have found the dress in the wrong department.
The costumer she was more than happy because now she can go to her sister wedding wearing the dress she loves.
The hardest part of the job was that we have to look for the dress for more than 4 hour but with a happy ending.
We definitely enjoyed ourselves wondering around the shop for a specific dress,we had fun. – less
Great starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Torrington, CTApril 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no health benefits for part timers
TJMaxx is a great place to get your feet wet in the work force while you work through college or towards advancing in retail. Coworkers are generally easy going and the hardest part of the job is repetitiveness of transactions and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public.
Busy workplace
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDApril 1, 2014
I learned how to professionally deal with irate customers. Most of my coworkers were friendly and great workers. The hardest part of the job was the physical part of lifting and carrying heavy things.
You dont want to work here
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee), Decatur, ALApril 1, 2014
The associates are mostly young. There is constant drama. If you are sick no one will take your shift most of the time resulting in you having to call out and it count against you. I learned alot, but there are VERY few chances for advancement. Making it a very dead end job.
Horrible Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAApril 1, 2014
They do not provide much benefits nor flexibility. Management is rude not great leadership capabilities.

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more