The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Family like atmosphere
Coordinator/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, opportunities to move up within the company
Cons: not enough hours sometimes
Constant customer service, constant movement and always busy at TJ maxx
People were nice and job was easy, but at times stressfull
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 5, 2014
Management pushed to get more and more out. Not a very hard job but compensation was adequate.
TJMaxx, Marshalls
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ CASHIER (Former Employee), murray utahSeptember 4, 2014
It was my first job right out of high school. Perfect for high school students. Cant make a ton of money unless you hustle for hours or are a manager. Very easy training. Everything is repetitive and by the book.
Great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 4, 2014
Respectable management
Good pay
Good coworkers
Fun environment
Reasonable hours
Flexible, fun enviroment, good managers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), san dimasSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: works with schedule
Cons: no benfetis, position advancement
flexible with school schedule, requesting days off.
fun environment.
A decent place to work
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bowie, MDSeptember 3, 2014
A decent place to work with mostly friendly coworkers and customers. Pace changes with holidays and or sales such as a busy day to a not so busy day to some times very very slow but there is always work to be done.With constant management changes communication was not always at its best from employee to management. Lack of hours and instability with – more... days of work – less
Great atmosphere
Technical Project Leader (Current Employee), Framingham, MASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: salary
I truly enjoy the great group of people I work with on a daily basis. They keep things fun and loose and the atmosphere is relaxed. We all know our jobs and work as a team to get the job done. Management is easily accessible and they encourage communication.
Easy work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: low hours
The job is very easy and it has some good management. The people are very kind and willing to help you learn your role in the company. the down side would be the hours.
Retail Environment, great management
Coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Coordinator for the home decor department at TJ Maxx. Easily promoted with hard work and dedication to projects and creating displays. Time management is a must, along with completing multiple projects each week.
ok
Sales associate, Front end coordinator (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 2, 2014
you cant move up in the company fast.everthing is a little dated
Enjoyable place to work but does not pay well.
Coordinator of Misses and Accessories Department (Current Employee), Gibsonia, PASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere and nice coworkers.
Cons: lack of support from management and low wages.
Enjoyable place to work overall, however, doesn't pay much; struggling to pay off my student loans. Majority of employees are in their late teens and haven't developed any work ethic - makes it difficult to get things done. Management does not enforce the rules for the younger employees - been told that the employees do not care and there is not anything – more... I or management can do to change that so I should stop worrying about it. There is not much room for advancement, and even if I do advance, there increase in pay is so minute that it is not worth it. I love being able to merchandise new items from the truck and I love making organized and nice looking displays. Interacting with customers is nice from time to time. I love being busy and always having something to do. – less
Amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Granada Hills, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: kindness of staff and customers
Cons: no benefits
There is nothing better than working in a clean retail business with amazing customers.
My best job I ever had
Regional Investigations Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: caring upper management and corporate headquarters
The company organizational structure was an A plus from the top on down.
Good place to work if your in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 31, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no advancement, pay
You get to work all areas of the store, so you are never bored at work. Great people to work with. Management is willing to make your schedule work.
Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rosedale, NYAugust 31, 2014
I worked in the Layaway department and there's lots of customers. Sometimes i couldn't take a break because no one can cover me. management was very disorganized.
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARAugust 31, 2014
Pros: coworkers, flexible hours
Cons: short hours often
I would definitely recommend this place as a first job opportunity. You learn how to think fast. Each day is a new challenge. You have to be fast in this company. Management is great and they do care. They're really flexible and understanding. Overall, it's a great place to work at and grow in.
fun place to shop and meet new people!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 407 e 59th stAugust 31, 2014
Pros: discounts!
Cons: not enough break time
creative energetic rich fun place i truly enjoyed my time at this company. great people. wonderful management. the most enjoyable part of a day at this job was seeing costumers smiling while leaving truly happy!
Bad Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: management
I like the Job the only downside is the Management team had favorites and they really did not give you some weekends off they said they would but did not. Did more work then what you get payed for.
Fast Paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: poor compensation
Fast paced environment. High customer interaction on a daily basis. I learnt how to multitask efficiently but the hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers
Busy Environment friendly customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Greenvale, NYAugust 29, 2014
My day at work would always be busy and occupied because i worked in the morning and it was always busy around that time. I've learned how to gain my customers service skills by working in retail. Ill say management was decent and my co-workers were pretty nice, the hardest part of the job was holiday season it would be extremely busy, the most enjoyable – more... part of the job was the clothes. – less

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide. TJX operates – Read more