The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent starting position
Supervisor (Current Employee), PhoenixAugust 13, 2014
Pros: stipend pay
Cons: overtime during the week
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the management when things are not going great, change the process, micromanage, and blaming others run rampant.
Mediocre
Associate (Former Employee), Missoula, MTAugust 13, 2014
Pros: small food items supplied in break room
Cons: benefits
I, and other associates, were treated with some disrespect from management and other employees. During the last few months of working there, I was scheduled to the fitting room, where I would count clothing items brought to me by a customer, and give them a ticket to go try their items on. When first starting this job, I was mainly a cashier and dealt – more... with many customers, achieving their satisfaction and loyalty to the company. The hardest part was my schedule; I was not given very many hours, and my schedule was erratic. The most enjoyable part was gaining friends and learning retail-related things. – less
First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), tucsonAugust 13, 2014
Cons: seasonal only
Was an amazing first job. enjoyed working with peers and completing public art project.
very busy wonderful place
cashier (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 12, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: pay
Organize merchandise, make sure evèything is in place, and greet customers.
not bad
cashier (Former Employee), Tucker, GAAugust 12, 2014
good deals that you find there every day
management was good at the time
my coworkers were great
busy on weekends and holidays
A busy place to work where you can meet new people.
front-end associate (Current Employee), Vernon, CTAugust 12, 2014
Pros: little physical labor
Cons: little appreciation
As a front-end employee you are the face of the company. In an increasingly competitive retail market your actions will decide whether a customer will become/remain a regular or choose from among countless competitors.
Customer service is a constant factor; in the front of the store your behavior is being judged not only by your current customer but – more... also by those still waiting in line.
Management tends to pick favorites, Although what their criteria is for choosing those favorites isn't solely based on work ethic. Even the hardest workers have difficulty striving for attention.
Your co-workers are good hard working people who are also trying to make waves and stand out.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of compensation and appreciation for a hard days work. Even those employees who are clearly giving an extra effort have a tendency to fall through the cracks during the review process; every achievement is down played and and every fault exaggerated.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with a wide variety of people. The customer base is so varied you never know how your next transaction may differ from the last. – less
Rough Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Pompton Plains, NJAugust 12, 2014
50+ hour work week. No life. Store managers are awful. Pay lousy. Work like a slave. Nothing enjoyable about working there.
okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGAugust 12, 2014
good place to work with the right team and leadership.

good customer service skills developed

team leadership skills also

long hours when doing overtime
great work environment
Head cashier (Current Employee), Ontario, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: fun, flexible, paid weekly
Cons: part time, only 20hrs/week
well at Tj maxx i am a CEC which is a customer experience coordinator. Basically I am a head cashier. I like working for Tj maxx because its a fun company but I'd much rather have a full time job in a field closer to psychology and mental health.
Productive, fun and professional work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, INAugust 11, 2014
Pros: birthday pitch ins, recognition of outstanding work
Cons: hours being cut after holidays
A typical day at work consisted of keeping the store clean and organized, providing outstanding customer service, and working individually on projects or part of a team during larger projects such as moving floor sets.

I learned a lot at TJ Maxx as you would with any new company/ job/ career. I learned how the registers worked, how to do credit applications, – more... how to deal with unpleasant customers and when to really appreciate the customers who genuinely appreciate your helping them. I have participated in inventory control twice. I also had the opportunity to learn about the different departments and how our company operates.

Management was professional, helpful and understanding. Some more than others were easier to get along with, mostly because they opened up, making the work relationship more comfortable instead of creating tension as some would because of their authoritative position.

My co-workers ranged in age, gender, ethnicity and personality which I think is great and we all got along very well. We communicated well, had nightly/ weekly/ monthly meetings which I think had a lot to do with an exceptional team we were.

However the hardest part of the job was when team members got promotions, moved to different locations and when new hires entered the workplace. This was hard because it created a ripple effect throughout staff. Some people were hurt by not getting certain positions which created a lot of gossip and resentment to new authority figures. It also took some time to warm up to new management but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for the great work we did, either individually or as a team. I was associate of the quarter once, we would have associate appreciation pitch ins, pitch in for birthdays and there is also a REACH system that allows staff to recognize the hard work of others. The cards would be placed in a box and the winner of the draw would get a gift card. – less
Fun place to work and shop
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 11, 2014
Very busy and fast placed not that organized. There wa not alot of positions to advance to
Great company
District Investigator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good people to work with and for
Pretty much a 9-5 position, but sometimes adjustments need to be made for business purposes.
Just another retail job.
Part-time Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee), MichiganAugust 10, 2014
Not enough pay for the large amount work that is required of employees.
Great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2014
Nice people. Clean work space. Employee discount could be better. Great customer service.
Not a chance to grow and advance from the stockroom
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 10, 2014
Early Morning job including receiving shipments Everyday, sorting Merchandises in different department, Moving sorted baskets to the floor to be organized on the shelves.
Poor management towards the stockroom.
Getting Heavy loads of merchandise for a few number of employees, unfair expectations from managers.
Great coworkers, most enjoyable part was – more... taking a break with the coworkers. – less
management
Sales assistant - Other (Former Employee), farnboroughAugust 10, 2014
Always friendly and willing to help. Never had any problems with any of the management team, and whenever i needed help they were there. My only concern was that when the shop was extremely busy, the managers were always sat in there office not participating in a share of the work load.
Laid-back environment
associate (Current Employee), Encinitas, CAAugust 9, 2014
The job can be fun at times. In a rush hour, it can get stressful.
Focused yet fun work place.
Front Desk Associate / Sales Associate Part Time (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 9, 2014
I work as a front desk associate. I return items, answer and direct calls to appropriate associate or manager. I learned how to interact with customers how to diffuse situations that are getting out of hand. The job is not hard at all you just have to have great customer service and people skills. I enjoy my job because I love the customers.
Growth Oppturnity
FEC- Front End Coordinator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 9, 2014
I liked the experience of being able to manage a small group and obtain growth to customer service skills.
alway on time love working with people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 9, 2014
customer service helping people as need cashier price manardises parking and cleaning

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide. TJX operates – Read more