The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 5, 2016
At Winners at St. Laurent have their busy and dead days, I did learn different jobs all around the store like for example working at the warehouse, fitting room, sales floor, customer service and so on. The management are friendly, approachable, have a connections with the staff, always dependable and amazing. My co-workers works with harmony, there is always a teamwork and they always ready to help you out if you need help. The hardest part of the job is when it is really busy at the store and we need more people at the customer service though like I mentioned we always have a teamwork and we can call anyone on the floor to help us. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my customers happy and satisfied with the service that they have experienced.
Progressive and Friendly environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2016
TJX Canada doesn't just speak about its culture and values we all make it a part of our daily habits, associates are friendly and management is approachable.

Weekly plans are always established and communicated in a clear and concise manner.
Pros
Work life balance, culture & the people
Cons
Plans requires approval which may take very long.
Amazing place to work with multicultural colleagues
Summer Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 29, 2016
The management is great. They provide great support with training to approach your desired goals. Working here aided me to gain great team working skills along with time management skills dictating with the fast pace environment. The co-workers are willing to provide encouragement for further opportunities. In addition, every month, the company educated us on safety issues that arises in the distribution center and how to avoid any faults and misusees of any machinaries. I do highly recommend working at TJX Canada due to its collaboration and participatory environment in the distribution center where I have spent 3 months.
Office politics
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 31, 2016
Not a good environment for people who are not comfortable with excessive gossip. Management was simply good at playing office politics, and keeping up with the gossip (I saw this in most Planning Managers, which led the example to Allocation Planners and team). Talent isn't a main driver in career advancement unfortunately. Female managers were easily threatened by new female talent.
The strongest quality within TJXCanada is the president and his team of upper management, who are excellent industry leaders.
Pros
Salary and Benefits are equal to industry standard
Cons
Office politics and uncontrollable gossiping.
easy going
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
working for winners is not for everyone, people may seem its just retail but there is more to it. You need to be able to work under pressure, independently and take initiative to day to day operations. The hardest part of working at winners was that some of management would understand your personal issues but others would not understand certain issues because they feel like work is work and that's the only thing you have is just work and not a family and outside life.
Great teamwork and fun experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
The basic part of the job is to keep the store tidy and keep the shelf full and organized. You can develop a good sense of merchandising and polish your customer service skill. You get to work with mostly young and enthusiastic co workers that make the job more fun. The management team is mostly helpful and friendly. You need to be on your feet for long hours and depending on which department you work for, you need to do some lifting and moving that can be hard on back sometimes.
Pros
flexible part time hours, fun and easy going work environment
Cons
long hours of standing on your feet and lifting heavy items
Good team work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 23, 2015
I took job in Winners as sales associate for my working holiday in Canada. It was good job, the coworkers and management were very friendly and polite. They are very good in coordination and team work. Work itself was pretty busy, so I never get bored. They pay min. wage and give you only part time with no benefits. They rise salary after half year, but it isn't even worthy mentioning. But this common practice in retail.
Pros
good team work, flexible schedule
Cons
salary. no benefits, hard to get full time job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 7, 2016
The 4 years I been there was great, the people are nice and the management were kind. I worked the afternoon shift from 3: 45pm to 12:am. I learned how to look for merchandise by paperwork, I'm friendly towards co-workers, supervisors, and management that's what makes me likeable 'I hope'. there wasn't anything hard about the job, but I do enjoy the values the company stands for integrity, respect towards other, equality, and open communication.
TJX Experience
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2016
It was a great opportunity to work at TJX, as it helped me grow individually. It's a good place to work at to practice teamwork skills and individual skills. It changed my perception of work. I started to take it really seriously. It's a good place to work as a summer job as a student. Working here taught me to stay in school and to chase my dreams. The employees are really helpful. They really know how to make it a fun place to work for everyone.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Short Lunch and Break periods
Receiving
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 18, 2016
Great learning experience. Learned alot about working as a TEAM. • Unloading goods from Trucks/Containers.
• Report/communicate all discrepancies and damages to proper account holder.
• Check incoming products against packing slips to spot discrepancies in quantity and damaged goods and inspect the conditions of the products during receipt.
productive and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Everyday there is always something different to work on.
The management whom I worked with knew what they were doing regarding the day to day operations. Working at the office was a great experience
Good management
Customer Service/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  3850 American Dr. MissisaugaOctober 11, 2015
Productive and fun workplace with good management and co-workers.
I've learned how to cooperate with co-workers and check products that are to be priced.
There is not a hard part in this job.
The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with co-workers and hearing how I help in making the company's targets reached each day.
Pros
free beverages during summer
Cons
Productive and fun place to work and learn
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2016
Day started with a short meeting with day task. Well communicated to employees with some light talk. Hardest part was to close the order in the end of the shift. Which was centralized and achieve the daily task.
productive place but pushes workers with no incentive
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 12, 2016
no room for advancement, very segregated in terms of promoting jobs for certain groups. Not giving opportunity to people that have been there for a long time with the prerequisite skills.
sales assistant
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 24, 2016
Maximum 20 hours contracts, if you refuse overtime they won't be asking anymore. If someone calls sick they don't remplace and it is the struggle on the shop floor. Overall good experience as they gave me the opportunity to become a team leader.
productive
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2016
I have just worked there for 4 months and I like the job and the management and staff are very welcoming and they know what they are doing and treat all employees very well and equally.
Pros
free lunches on occasions
Cons
flexible hours
fun workplace
Sales Associate & Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2016
The management is very easy going and understanding. It is the perfect workplace for students who need a part time job. i recommend it to all students looking for
Pros
good location
Cons
labour intensive
Typical day at work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
Morning receiving of merchandise Mon-Fri.
Learned leadership skills,
Managing 50-60 associates
Great staff who are hard workers
Maintaining high energy through out the day
Engaging with customers, ensuring we provide the best shopping experience, and the amazing hard working staff.
Good balance of work, life.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 5, 2016
Busy, always something to do. Diverse group of people. Dealing a multitude of customers. Fast paced working environment. Always changing.
it's a calm and respectful place to work
ticketing, packing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 18, 2016
They are Productive, respectful. I had the chance to work for 2 wonderful supervisor when I was there so I would say is nice place to work.
Pros
Cons
N/A

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location