The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing place to work with multicultural colleagues
Summer Student Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 29, 2016
The management is great. They provide great support with training to approach your desired goals. Working here aided me to gain great team working skills along with time management skills dictating with the fast pace environment. The co-workers are willing to provide encouragement for further opportunities. In addition, every month, the company educated us on safety issues that arises in the distribution center and how to avoid any faults and misusees of any machinaries. I do highly recommend working at TJX Canada due to its collaboration and participatory environment in the distribution center where I have spent 3 months.
easy going
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
working for winners is not for everyone, people may seem its just retail but there is more to it. You need to be able to work under pressure, independently and take initiative to day to day operations. The hardest part of working at winners was that some of management would understand your personal issues but others would not understand certain issues because they feel like work is work and that's the only thing you have is just work and not a family and outside life.
Amazing workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 5, 2016
At Winners at St. Laurent have their busy and dead days, I did learn different jobs all around the store like for example working at the warehouse, fitting room, sales floor, customer service and so on. The management are friendly, approachable, have a connections with the staff, always dependable and amazing. My co-workers works with harmony, there is always a teamwork and they always ready to help you out if you need help. The hardest part of the job is when it is really busy at the store and we need more people at the customer service though like I mentioned we always have a teamwork and we can call anyone on the floor to help us. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my customers happy and satisfied with the service that they have experienced.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 7, 2016
The 4 years I been there was great, the people are nice and the management were kind. I worked the afternoon shift from 3: 45pm to 12:am. I learned how to look for merchandise by paperwork, I'm friendly towards co-workers, supervisors, and management that's what makes me likeable 'I hope'. there wasn't anything hard about the job, but I do enjoy the values the company stands for integrity, respect towards other, equality, and open communication.
Progressive and Friendly environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Work life balance, culture & the people
Cons: Plans requires approval which may take very long.
TJX Canada doesn't just speak about its culture and values we all make it a part of our daily habits, associates are friendly and management is approachable.

Weekly plans are always established and communicated in a clear and concise manner.
Typical day at work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
Morning receiving of merchandise Mon-Fri.
Learned leadership skills,
Managing 50-60 associates
Great staff who are hard workers
Maintaining high energy through out the day
Engaging with customers, ensuring we provide the best shopping experience, and the amazing hard working staff.
productive and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Everyday there is always something different to work on.
The management whom I worked with knew what they were doing regarding the day to day operations. Working at the office was a great experience
productive
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: free lunches on occasions
Cons: flexible hours
I have just worked there for 4 months and I like the job and the management and staff are very welcoming and they know what they are doing and treat all employees very well and equally.
won great place to work 2 years in a row
CUSTOMER SERVICE/OPERATIONS CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 1, 2016
tjx has 8 core values to live by as associate, they also are about work and home life balance. most associates are crossed trained so that you are more available for extra shifts
Good management
Customer Service/Warehouse (Former Employee), 3850 American Dr. MissisaugaOctober 11, 2015
Pros: free beverages during summer
Cons: long hours
Productive and fun workplace with good management and co-workers.
I've learned how to cooperate with co-workers and check products that are to be priced.
There is not a hard part in this job.
The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with co-workers and hearing how I help in making the company's targets reached each day.
productive,flexible and a fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 4, 2015
Pros: free pizzas mostly on fridays
Cons: partiality amongst co-workers and short breaks
Great workplace with friendly co-wokerss and very supportive management. There are little partiality among the co-workers especially between the full timers and the temporar- Agency workers but it is excepted because this always happens in most warehouse/factory workplace.
Amazing core values, work as a team to delivery results. Great place to work!!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Love my job and love the company. Work with the best team! Core values are lived every day, from the President down people are there to help you and your store grow and succeed.
Diversity
Packaging clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, OnFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: great people
Cons: some politics
They are good company its just hard to get a full time job. They are running via agency. Supervisor are great, fast paced. You do your job properly and noting will go wrong.
Good people to work with
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2016
Nice working environment, helpful co-workers,responsive management makes TJX canada a fun place to work in and it is easily accessible by public transit too.
It provides great ooprotunity to gain important skills required in my future career.
Summer Student Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 29, 2015
It was a great place to gain valuable skills like communication, problem solving, etc. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help complete any task given.
Productive fun work environment with excellent employees
Merchandise Processing Coordinator (MPC) (Former Employee), Kingston, OnSeptember 4, 2015
I would come in every morning at 7:30am to receive and process the daily truck delivery. Continuing the day by building furniture and doing carry outs till i leave for home at 3:30. I had excellent coworkers always willing to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was sometimes there wasn't enough workers and we had a lot of merchandise to process.
Great Place
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Overall a fantastic organization! Great culture, strong values and associate care. I have learned quite a bite over my time here and have enjoyed almost everyday.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 9, 2016
Great company to work for, have loved all my time spent with the company at both locations. Love who i work with and the atmosphere that there is.
great place, great people, great culture! Simple amazing
Regional Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee), VancouverOctober 29, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: to many changes
great place, wonderful people, great culture
Flexibility
Empowerment
The people are the heart of this business. The business model is great.
Family like work culture
Data Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Great place to work with great people. Lots of learning and opportunists. Bureaucratic structure with a top down approach.