The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

it's a calm and respectful place to work
ticketing, packing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 18, 2016
They are Productive, respectful. I had the chance to work for 2 wonderful supervisor when I was there so I would say is nice place to work.
Pros
Cons
N/A
Receiving
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 18, 2016
Great learning experience. Learned alot about working as a TEAM. • Unloading goods from Trucks/Containers.
• Report/communicate all discrepancies and damages to proper account holder.
• Check incoming products against packing slips to spot discrepancies in quantity and damaged goods and inspect the conditions of the products during receipt.
Good place to work as student
STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
Great for students as they do have flexible shifts available and they do understand schooling comes first no matter what.
Productive environment.
Layup (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 15, 2016
Enjoyable environment. Working with a friendly crowd and hard workers. Always had a positive vibe and great energy. Co-workers were great, was able to lean a lot from them.
long hours with short lunch breaks.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2016
very long, gruelling, dirty environment. people and other employees were very nice and got along great. the pay was good also.
Amazing place to work with multicultural colleagues
Summer Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 29, 2016
The management is great. They provide great support with training to approach your desired goals. Working here aided me to gain great team working skills along with time management skills dictating with the fast pace environment. The co-workers are willing to provide encouragement for further opportunities. In addition, every month, the company educated us on safety issues that arises in the distribution center and how to avoid any faults and misusees of any machinaries. I do highly recommend working at TJX Canada due to its collaboration and participatory environment in the distribution center where I have spent 3 months.
Great teamwork and fun experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
The basic part of the job is to keep the store tidy and keep the shelf full and organized. You can develop a good sense of merchandising and polish your customer service skill. You get to work with mostly young and enthusiastic co workers that make the job more fun. The management team is mostly helpful and friendly. You need to be on your feet for long hours and depending on which department you work for, you need to do some lifting and moving that can be hard on back sometimes.
Pros
flexible part time hours, fun and easy going work environment
Cons
long hours of standing on your feet and lifting heavy items
ok
Labour worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 20, 2016
decent, not enough hours, supervisor had favouritism towards the male workers. Overall a decent place to work, high and fast paced
Good people to work with
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2016
Nice working environment, helpful co-workers,responsive management makes TJX canada a fun place to work in and it is easily accessible by public transit too.
Amazing workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 5, 2016
At Winners at St. Laurent have their busy and dead days, I did learn different jobs all around the store like for example working at the warehouse, fitting room, sales floor, customer service and so on. The management are friendly, approachable, have a connections with the staff, always dependable and amazing. My co-workers works with harmony, there is always a teamwork and they always ready to help you out if you need help. The hardest part of the job is when it is really busy at the store and we need more people at the customer service though like I mentioned we always have a teamwork and we can call anyone on the floor to help us. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my customers happy and satisfied with the service that they have experienced.
easy going
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
working for winners is not for everyone, people may seem its just retail but there is more to it. You need to be able to work under pressure, independently and take initiative to day to day operations. The hardest part of working at winners was that some of management would understand your personal issues but others would not understand certain issues because they feel like work is work and that's the only thing you have is just work and not a family and outside life.
productive and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Everyday there is always something different to work on.
The management whom I worked with knew what they were doing regarding the day to day operations. Working at the office was a great experience
Typical day at work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
Morning receiving of merchandise Mon-Fri.
Learned leadership skills,
Managing 50-60 associates
Great staff who are hard workers
Maintaining high energy through out the day
Engaging with customers, ensuring we provide the best shopping experience, and the amazing hard working staff.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 9, 2016
Great company to work for, have loved all my time spent with the company at both locations. Love who i work with and the atmosphere that there is.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 7, 2016
The 4 years I been there was great, the people are nice and the management were kind. I worked the afternoon shift from 3: 45pm to 12:am. I learned how to look for merchandise by paperwork, I'm friendly towards co-workers, supervisors, and management that's what makes me likeable 'I hope'. there wasn't anything hard about the job, but I do enjoy the values the company stands for integrity, respect towards other, equality, and open communication.
Diversity
Packaging clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OnFebruary 24, 2016
They are good company its just hard to get a full time job. They are running via agency. Supervisor are great, fast paced. You do your job properly and noting will go wrong.
Pros
great people
Cons
some politics
Family like work culture
Data Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Great place to work with great people. Lots of learning and opportunists. Bureaucratic structure with a top down approach.
Great Place
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Overall a fantastic organization! Great culture, strong values and associate care. I have learned quite a bite over my time here and have enjoyed almost everyday.
productive
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2016
I have just worked there for 4 months and I like the job and the management and staff are very welcoming and they know what they are doing and treat all employees very well and equally.
Pros
free lunches on occasions
Cons
flexible hours
won great place to work 2 years in a row
CUSTOMER SERVICE/OPERATIONS CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 1, 2016
tjx has 8 core values to live by as associate, they also are about work and home life balance. most associates are crossed trained so that you are more available for extra shifts