The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Assistant Manager Customer Service/Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2017
Customer service and operations assistant manager was a good learning experience, dealing with customer inquiries and resolution on conflicts on a daily basis, also doing daily operational functions, schedules, recruitment
Decent Managers, Poor Management.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2017
My time at Winners started out well, decent hours, decent workers, and even through hard times we got through fine. I worked as part of the warehouse crew. The warehouse leader quit right before I was hired.

But as the Christmas season came to a close we saw no signs of the management staff seeking a replacement for the warehouse leader, leaving us warehouse employees out to dry, passing the responsibilities from one manager to another with no real direction for us.

One of my associated decided to strive for the warehouse leader position, and he worked quite hard, accomplishing many of the goals we needed to accomplish. But he then began to get harassed by some of the female employees, they spread lies about him and started fights with him, and he eventually had enough when one of the causes of the problems claimed that she did not feel safe around him (for no real reason, he never hurt anyone or threatened anyone, he only raised his voice when angered, as most of us do) and the managers almost always sided against him. He left the store.

Then the other warehouse associate started to suffer from major depression, he never came back after a while.

This left me as the only warehouse associate (not including the guy who only works half days, only a couple days a week) and I decided that I was going to go for the leader position. After being led on through an interview and several times of high hopes, reassuring, and even other associates claiming that I should get the job, there was only silence. When the hiring manager was confronted by me about it, she claimed
  more... that they were still deciding. (at this point they still did not hire help for me, only occasionally putting help from the floor associates, and getting angry at me when everything could not be accomplished by one guy)

After weeks and then months had passed, eventually I was just tired, fed up, the management staff was not fixing the problems, it was problems that I could not fix myself, I tried and worked hard until I ran out of steam, almost never meeting the daily task requirements and getting in trouble for it, even though I was the only real warehouse associate. And once I had the opportunity for a better paying, better work conditioned, better managed job, I left.

Its not worth the minimum wage, its not worth the effort, its not worth the stress. If you are not a go-getter, or a person who doesn't worry about the work they accomplish, this is right for you. If you stress about how much you can get done, and hate to leave work before you accomplish everything, prepare to stay in the warehouse for a very long time. You are alone, barring the occasional help. Of course, this could only be because of my location and specific management team.

On the positives, the managers were quite nice, even though they should have gotten more done. The atmosphere was decent, not including a select few employees who made everything pretty terrible. And they did treat us nicely around Christmas.

All in all, meh. If you really need work, go for it. If you have options, make Winners slightly lower in those options. Happy job hunting.
Pros
Nice management staff, decent atmosphere.
Cons
Impossible to accomplish tasks, not very good management, hard work for little reward.
Retialer you should go
Store Associate & Assistant Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  College and Yonge28 November 2017
This is an American chains Canadian brand that has a wide variety of product from clothing to housewares.it is a true player in the market that has a loyal following. As for employee moral it is a good group of people who try to make it better for one another.
Pros
brotherhood
Cons
pay
Great Company
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Watford, ON31 October 2017
Incredible culture. Their induction process is beyond fantastic, I have never worked for a company before that took the time to make sure that you build solid relationships. My Manager and team mates were always there to answer any questions that I had, they also made me feel that my input was valued from day one.
Management Enable Bullying
PT Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE16 October 2017
Management are involved with bullying employees. On a regular basis management would threaten to cut employees hours if those employees took a second job, or if they refused work which they were not trained for. Management also disclosed private information regarding foster care, and mental health of employees to other members of staff in order to undermine and bully employees. Please try to avoid working for TJX on Prince Edward Island.
Awesome flexible company
Customer Service and Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS7 October 2017
Great people to work for with a lot of opportunities available. Managment understands the needs of all employees and makes sure that students get hours that work best for them.
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 October 2017
Not enough work/life balance. Unrealistic expectations towards management and associates. Not enough payroll to get everything done.
Good benefits and bonuses.
good work experience
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 September 2017
good work experience with good people. Management is good. flexible hours and appropriate for limited schedules. Learned valuable work ethic and maintained good relationships with coworkers.
Wonderful team of work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 August 2017
The work is well organised, every employee has a specific assignment.
Decent place to work part time
Front line Sales Associate, Home Sense (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
would only recommend working here if you are still in school and not as a full time position
working in a store is boring and only offer minimum wage

Want to know more about The TJX Companies, Inc.?

Ask a question
Floor associate
Warehouse associate
Jewelry associate
Markdown associate

Pros - Management is good, Diverse culture, work-life balance
Cons - Less hours, less pay, no job security, no benefits
lots of events and kind people
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 May 2017
It was a good environment. Lots of work to be done but they had water around whenever you needed a quick break. The mangers were good and you could get anyday off as long as you tell them 3 days ahead
Pros
free food
Cons
sometimes boring
Great company to work for.
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, Canada14 May 2017
TJX is company with strong cultural values, work-life balance and great growth opportunities. It was a pleasure to work for such a well organized and well run organization. The company truly does look out for the best interest of their customers and their employees.
Productive and fun work place
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2017
Learned how to analyze various products and warning/ nutrition labels depending on the type of product. Filled out purchase orders based on the amount of good received and then send it to the shipping department. Communicated with merchandise managers to sort out mixed purchase orders and products without warning labels. Hardest part of the job was checking samples of products and analyzing them because every product has its own specific types of warning labels. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team to sort out mixed purchase orders instead of doing it by yourself. Supervisors were nice and helpful.
Pros
Friday group lunches, team work, friendly environment
Good working environment
ASSEMBLY LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2017
I have worked there for nearly nine months. The work there was OK but sometimes I felt it was not fair to the associates as the pulling people often put the heavy, difficult orders to the associates while they put good, easy orders to the full-time people. Not only me but many other associates had the same feelings
Meeting with new people from different continents and working together to achieve the company's target.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 March 2017
A typical day at work is 7 hours maximum. I have learned to be patient with customers and how to make sure their needs are meet.

The management is very understanding and always willing to help you know how you can grow in the company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short hours of shifts
Great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
Great environment, helpful co-workers, fast-paced setting, minimum hours guaranteed, prioritizes customer service, organized chain of command, well structured company
Good place of work, will keep you very busy.
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 February 2017
Everyday at work is busy, it keeps you continually moving and doing things. Many different cultures, like a big family. hardest part of the job was getting everything done in a limited time line. The most enjoyable part of the job was how fast the time passed as you worked because you always have something to do.
table soccer
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2017
busy all the time ,learnt how to operate pallet jack..lifting bigger boxes...lifting lighter boxes,,management too friendly.15 minutes break every 1 and half hour and that of the 30 minutes break,
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
45 weekly
productive and good environment
Sorter (Former Employee) –  West drive brampton19 January 2017
TJX is a good company to work and learn. Workplace culture is good, great opportunity to work with team. we enjoyed having potluck lunches.Management is good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.