The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,724 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great People, not so good at allowing people to just work without over sight
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee), Mississaga, OnAugust 19, 2014
I absically grew up there they taught me how to have fun but still take the work serious. They are not good a work life balance as they do not allow for working from home.
Hard working, Team builder, detailed oriented
Lumper laborer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 9, 2014
good, its all fun. the supervisor is helpful and kind and that all one need at workplace.
Progressive position
General Labourer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Cons: temporary position
-I was able to grow within the position and prove myself.
-I enjoyed the added responsibility.
-I enjoyed my co-workers and got along with them.
-The hours were convenient.
-I wish it was a full time position.
productive and fun workplace. various chances for future growth.
temperary associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 22, 2014
excellent work experience because its a learning place where co-workers do work with full dedication and co-ordination. Management posses good behavior with straight and clear instructions.
hi i am work hear
winner general labour (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: yas
i am work 14 /8 2013 to 24/9 2013 shoe and winner departmant hear no hard job and enjoyable and eassy job pls come back work hear
good workplace in tjx
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 12, 2012
team working is best part of job i like working there all the supervisers and managers are very cooperative. coworkers are from different communities so we learn different cultures and languages. but the hardest part is that i have to stay at one place the whole day
A fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Staines, ENGSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: friendly and fun workplace
Cons: always on my feet
A typical day at work: arrive at work at 8:30am for the daily brief before doors open at 9am. The first hour or so is fairly quiet so staff have chance to get the new stock out onto the shop floor so customers have the latest items to shop. As the store becomes busier I am required to cover the tills, serving customers and handling there requests. The – more... hardest part of the job, is fighting with the bubble wrap to cover, wrap and protect many of the delicate items customers buy. The most enjoyable part of the day for me is putting the new stock out on the shop floor, it gives me a chance to look at the latest fashion and have a secret shop of them before the customers. – less
hardwokring,
Costumer Service (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 15, 2014
it was okay. there would be some points to when i didnt know what to do because i had done everything i had been asked to do so i would do things here and there after i was donw with what i was asked to do.
Fun Interacting with Customers
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MISeptember 15, 2014
A great job for students who also have other responsibilities.
OK place to work for pocket change or after school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Midlothian, VASeptember 15, 2014
Not too demanding, good for people in school, management is good, very diverse co-workers, minimum wage starting off, which is okay for a little extra money in your wallet. always has employee appreciation things going on lots of snacks and lunches, nice people lots of laughs.
fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), High Street, ENGSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: culture was nice
Cons: short breaks
working at tkmaxx was an enjoyable and productive job, this was because many customers would have different requirements ad characteristics which was an interesting aspect for me, as i learnt how to communicate which each one, as some customers also had difficulties to communicate as a deaf person once entered the store, i dealt with him in the appropriate – more... way in order to meet his requirements and ensure he was satisfied with his product.

management was great as my manager taught me many different skills needed and information about the company e.g. off price.
the workers were extremely friendly and supportive as they were ready to help at anytime, team work was very good.

most challenging part of the job was doing multiple tasks at once.
most enjoyable part of the job is learning the different products and brands TJX company provides – less
I enjoyed working with my staff and the public. They had as much respect for me as I did for them.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Toms River, NJSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: n/a
I spent 17 years with TJX (when they were "Marshalls Inc."). I started in a new store prior to opening in 1981 as a cashier. I worked my way through college and worked there full time. I was recruited for their management team two years later.
I was young (very young) but I had my ethics and the skill to do what I knew I would be good at.
I would probably – more... still be with them but I got married, had a baby, etc. etc. So I "retired to raise a child.
Life changes. I now am a certified K9 handler, self-employed. I am highly flexible regardless of hours or days of the week.
I am a very dedicated person to whomever employs me.
Thank you for considering my application. – less
Great First Job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Garner, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Working at TJ Maxx was the first job I ever had at 16 years old. I gained a lot of experience in customer service and handling tasks in a work setting. A typical work day would be assisting customers, answering phones, marketing merchandise and helping other associates throughout their shift. I worked customer service since my first day on the job and – more... for about 4 years afterwards. – less
Dc worker
Dc Worker (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 11, 2014
It wasn't the best job but it was my first job and It was ok and make money but not like a DC should. I just labeled boxes all day for 10 hours
Enjoyed working for this company atmoshere was fun
Various Positions (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 11, 2014
Got this job through Future Force Employment Agency had fun working for T.J. Maxx Department store. This job had fired all the workers for except the cashiers for steeling for the store. So the jobs me and my co-workers verified from working in the stock room with the shipping and receiving of merchandise to stocking floor shelves and pricing all merchandise.
great envoriment
Infield Manager (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no benefits besides health insurance.
A typical day at work stars busy with students, phone calls, emails, invoices and day planning. I have learned about Project Management and IT. Lucky to have the best colleagues ever, always willing to help each other. Hardest part is to keep a everything coordinated, keep schedules and classes on time.
Honestly everyday is a joy!!!!
TJMaxx is a great store but not alot of room for self improvement
Sales Associate/Fittingroom Attendant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2014
TJMaxx is a great store to shop at. The employees are pleasant and hardworking. I have learned that customer service is essential to the productivity and customer return. On a daily basis the work is consistent, hard and necessary. The most important aspect of this job is fulfilling the needs of the customer and keeping the store presentable. The workers – more... are continuously told how appreciated they are and are given rewards and notice of recognition for their service. – less
There is room for advancement if one qualifies.
Markdown Associate (Current Employee), Crestwood, ALSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: meeting new people along with working with hilarious people.
Cons: hoping that you have made some ones day after leaving our store.
TJX/MARSHALL'S/HOMEGOODS is a very good company to work for especially if you like working part-time. Getting full time hours is hard to get if you are not in management or a long time employee of some years. So that means benefits are not available to associates like myself. But overall I highly enjoy working for this company.

I am a 7a.m.-12p.m. – more... associate because of the job that I perform which is to markdown merchandise to clearance. I make sure that all customers that I come in contact with are assisted as well as satisfied before they leave the store.

My particular location is a very fun store. We love to eat a lot, laugh a lot as well as be there for each other in the time of need. We do a lot of donating to organizations company wise and also donating locally (e.g. school supplies at the beginning of each year).

The hardest part of my job is waking up at 4:00 a.m. in order to catch the 5:00 a.m. bus to be at work at 7:00 a.m. – less
Retail Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 9, 2014
At TJ Maxx, I was a Sales Associate. I worked as a cashier, and also assisted customers on the floor. Here, I learned how to use a cashier, stay organized, and work in a diligent and effective manner. I enjoyed working with coworkers as a team, and assisting customers in a friendly and efficient way.
Mediocre
Sales Associate/Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Shreveport, LASeptember 8, 2014
The customer service was never up to par, and the overall environment was not very friendly.

1 2 3 4 5

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide. TJX operates – Read more