The TJX Companies, Inc.
1,795 reviews

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A very fast paced,sink or swim environment
Customer Service Supervisor/Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), IrelandOctober 14, 2014
A great team of people.
Difficult to climb the ladder, one must fight to seek promotion.
Productive and Busy Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: long hours
Working at Marshall's was my first job as a student, and it was an eye opener. My co workers were very friendly and so were the management staff. I've learned to be punctual and work in a busy environment. The hardest part of my job was learning the skills needed for each section in the store in a short notice, but it was also the most enjoyable part – more... due my excellent social skills and multitasking skils – less
Great People, not so good at allowing people to just work without over sight
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee), Mississaga, OnAugust 19, 2014
I absically grew up there they taught me how to have fun but still take the work serious. They are not good a work life balance as they do not allow for working from home.
Hard working, Team builder, detailed oriented
Lumper laborer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 9, 2014
good, its all fun. the supervisor is helpful and kind and that all one need at workplace.
Progressive position
General Labourer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Cons: temporary position
-I was able to grow within the position and prove myself.
-I enjoyed the added responsibility.
-I enjoyed my co-workers and got along with them.
-The hours were convenient.
-I wish it was a full time position.
productive and fun workplace. various chances for future growth.
temperary associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 22, 2014
excellent work experience because its a learning place where co-workers do work with full dedication and co-ordination. Management posses good behavior with straight and clear instructions.
hi i am work hear
winner general labour (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: yas
i am work 14 /8 2013 to 24/9 2013 shoe and winner departmant hear no hard job and enjoyable and eassy job pls come back work hear
good workplace in tjx
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 12, 2012
team working is best part of job i like working there all the supervisers and managers are very cooperative. coworkers are from different communities so we learn different cultures and languages. but the hardest part is that i have to stay at one place the whole day
Great job great life
Operations Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAOctober 19, 2014
What a great place to work. I would still be working there if they did not close.
Good start
Cashier/Sales Associate/Floor/Stock/Fitting Room (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: discounts
I did enjoy this job for the time that I was employed there. It was decent with hours/pay while going to college as well. In the almost year that I was employed there, I had zero advancement in any of the areas and was typically placed in the same spot every time I had worked.
teamwork
over night stock (Former Employee), new york nyOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: late nights
everyone wanted to work get the job done time management even organization ..
Disliked
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Florence, ALOctober 18, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks and no advancements
Management was rude to employees, a typical day of work included hours of unloading merchandise and cleaning up. It was not a friendly environment.
Not the Best
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, dress code
Cons: poor management, poor hours
It was hard to be an employee with a company that doesn't seem to care that you have a set availability.
The typical day for me started early and was only a four hour shift. Being a single working mom on trying to provide for your child on a cruddy minimum wage job is hard enough, but when they only schedule you three days a week, four hours at a time, – more... it's not worth it.
Management was okay most of the time. Out of the four managers, the head manager was the only one I ever felt was unapproachable. He looked down on all of the associates.
The co-workers were the best (and only good) part of working at TJ Maxx.
The hardest part of the job was getting enough hours for it to be worth going to. I quit because they were cutting hours again and I couldn't work any less.
The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with the customers(most of the time). – less
Not the Most Respectful Place
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 17, 2014
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
A typical day at work could have consisted of anything. No one really had just one specific task there, everyone did everything at one point or the other. For example if one had a shift from 7AM- 2PM, it could start out by restocking the front and fixing and damaged displays. By late morning such as around 10 am one could be working the Men's and kids' – more... section, and finish off the remainder of the day doing Women's or cashiering. Coworkers didn't interact unless told to do so due to a team effort on certain projects. Hardest part of the job was not having a stable schedule, and unfair treatment. Easiest part of the job was working in the fitting room. – less
Truly makes you a Maxxanista
Sr. Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with both customers and staff outside of my office. My co-workers are the best. I learned how to read and explain various reports. Also enjoyable is the occasional travel
Pretty Cool Place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tucker, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: nice energy to be surrounded in
Cons: not enough pay
Being a part of people saving money on name brand Items is pretty cool, rarely get any negative customers when I do Management is always availableto help out.
Working
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAOctober 15, 2014
I did everything there, from customer service , cashier, layaway cleaning, and restocking. It was a fun job, a lot of communication and team work. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with customers that are stubborn.
Working With TJX
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 15, 2014
Working with TJX was impassive. I have worked opening to closing 5 days a week. Helping colleges, Managing Team, Dealing with customer was very busy time which was very enjoyable. Making Rota was very headrest part because, many times team members wasn't able to work at weekends.
Good work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, flexible work attire
Cons: no/little benefits
As a customer service representative, I learned many useful skills, such as cash accountability and good customer service skills as well as performing merchandise exchange and refunds. My coworkers were helpful and the management pushed me to succeed at my job.
The hardest part of the job was calming down irate customers.
The most enjoyable part of – more... the job was learning all the new skills of being a customer service representative. – less
Sales associate
Sales associate (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGOctober 13, 2014
Typical work duties include general shop floor maintenance, working on the tills, stock replenishment, training and supervising new members of staff and assisting customers on the shopfloor.

1 2 3 4 5

About The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX) is an off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide. TJX operates – Read more