The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

The most frustrating part of the job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2016
Everyone is looked at as being the same, whether they work super hard or are lazy bumps on a log. The annual review is a joke, as is the raises that go with them. It is rather disheartening that such a large company does NOT care about the people who run things at store level except for management. Even their management see a large turn-over in employees and in management. The people at store level are normally pretty awesome though, but it would be nice if the company actually cared.
Pros
Physically demanding without having to be outside
Cons
tons of work for unfair pay
Office politics
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 May 2016
Not a good environment for people who are not comfortable with excessive gossip. Management was simply good at playing office politics, and keeping up with the gossip (I saw this in most Planning Managers, which led the example to Allocation Planners and team). Talent isn't a main driver in career advancement unfortunately. Female managers were easily threatened by new female talent.
The strongest quality within TJXCanada is the president and his team of upper management, who are excellent industry leaders.
Pros
Salary and Benefits are equal to industry standard
Cons
Office politics and uncontrollable gossiping.
Named one of the best places to work
Marshall's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 August 2016
Working with TJX Canada has been an interesting experience.

During my time with TJX Canada, I have met the CEO of the company and he visited a bunch of stores nationwide seeing if the stores were doing well and if all of the employees were being treated well. Before the time for his visit, our store was made to look superb, top to bottom, by our store manager. Had everything been done properly from the get-go, we wouldn't have needed to change a bunch of things and a lot more associates' daily shifts would have been more efficient.

With that being said, managers at a Marshalls, Winners or Homesense expect a lot from their associates. They basically work you to the bone and if you're working on the floor and not in a designated spot. For example, the dressing room or working a cash register, you're expected to do way less than other people in the warehouse or on the sales floor. Managers have gotten mad at associates for not completing their designated jobs for the day which I found to be a little over the top.

There were a lot of fundraisers and lunchroom parties which was nice. Every summer there is a picnic with prizes to be won and same with the Christmas party, there were always great prizes to be won.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Tedious job, favoritism
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2016
Great place to work, a very dynamic and fast pace environment. Salary and benefits great, job security present, a lot of growth opportunities, decision
hard work
Winners Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Winners is a great place to work! Great for students that just need a part-time job and for people who love fashion and big brands. Working at Winners has it's benefits there's a lot of incentive programs for the associates to keep you motivated!
fun place to work and amazing people you meet
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2016
A typical day at TJX would be me getting signed in by the manager. then i would start reviewing footage of previous fraudulent returns or any theft activities from our external incident reports.i then would do a huddle with all associates and start using the cameras to search for any unprohibited activities. i would make lawful arrests with the 5 elements for either fraud or theft. i would report to police in any region that i am working.

Management taught me many other tricks to the trade in order to move up.

Everyone i worked with had a positive attitude and had a ver good knowledge of all policies and laws

the most enjoyable part of the job is that you feel like a part of a family where everyone looks out for you
Pros
good pay reasonable hours
work place culture
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2016
TJX is the best place to work,learn and to enhance my skills.They have excellent management,efficient supervisors and i have a multicultural work environment.
My Day at TJX starts with associates meeting at supervisor's desk,where i get information about the daily individual target,team target ,quiz of the week,Healthy and safety class and so on.

we have a friendly and relaxed work system,the most enjoyable part of my job is to see new merchandise ,its style ,price and to cross the daily target.
i never found anything hard ,each day is a new experience,something new to learn.
My working experience at TJX
packing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2016
TJX is a safe and diverse place to work, I learned teamwork, empowerment and time management. There was great management. Co-workers were very friendly, kind and they helped out. They were also very honest. There was nothing really hard about the job other than last minute orders, but with the help of co-workers, it was much easier. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the teamwork because work gets done on time rather than if you were working individually.
Pros
People were very encouraging
Great teamwork and fun experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2016
The basic part of the job is to keep the store tidy and keep the shelf full and organized. You can develop a good sense of merchandising and polish your customer service skill. You get to work with mostly young and enthusiastic co workers that make the job more fun. The management team is mostly helpful and friendly. You need to be on your feet for long hours and depending on which department you work for, you need to do some lifting and moving that can be hard on back sometimes.
Pros
flexible part time hours, fun and easy going work environment
Cons
long hours of standing on your feet and lifting heavy items
fun workplace to work with excellent team members and management
Associate (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC4 October 2016
A great place to work, amazing team members, good work load, great opportunities to learn and grow. Great learning experience of environment. Helps understand the community and team/ management provides great customer service. attitude of management and other team workers makes customers come back continuously.
Pros
great team and management, friendly, enthusiastic, energetic
Hardworking
Dock Lay-up Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 July 2016
Hardworking needs a lot of focusing, tiring long hours in standing position.
Good work environment and most importantly helpful co-workers. Learnt about merchandising and sorting goods accordingly.
Hate to make long queue for card scanning for the lunch break and on/off duty timings.
Great company with poor management
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2016
Typically days are repetitive in this department. Despite this theres much to learn about the AP process. Management often makes poor and unethical decisions. Outside of the department it seems like a great place to work with a building full of great people and amenities.
Great culture, medium pay
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2016
Great place to work. Great culture, nice new home office.

Low to medium pay. Slow advancement unless you are in planning.
Amazing place to work with multicultural colleagues
Summer Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 April 2016
The management is great. They provide great support with training to approach your desired goals. Working here aided me to gain great team working skills along with time management skills dictating with the fast pace environment. The co-workers are willing to provide encouragement for further opportunities. In addition, every month, the company educated us on safety issues that arises in the distribution center and how to avoid any faults and misusees of any machinaries. I do highly recommend working at TJX Canada due to its collaboration and participatory environment in the distribution center where I have spent 3 months.
gud work conditions
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  55 west drive bramotn on27 November 2016
this hr management is too gud bcze they r solve our problems at time to time i really thankfull to this co i have learned the lots of things overthere
Pros
free lunch sometime
Job environment
AAssociate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 November 2016
Job Environment is really good .All of the co workers are very helpful and work in a team .

The Management is nice and I learned how to work in a team and fulfill the requirements to achieve the goal
Pros
free lunches
Productive and energetic place to work!
Frontline Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 September 2016
Working at Homesense gives you many opportunities, such as transferring to any Winners, Homesense or Marshalls if you need to move and you will not lose your current pay. The staff and management at my location was awesome!
a very learning and fun workplace
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London15 November 2016
a thought so many things such like management skills, time management, customer services, selling products, dealing with customers etc during my previous jobs. and i'm so happy for all this.
Amazing workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2016
At Winners at St. Laurent have their busy and dead days, I did learn different jobs all around the store like for example working at the warehouse, fitting room, sales floor, customer service and so on. The management are friendly, approachable, have a connections with the staff, always dependable and amazing. My co-workers works with harmony, there is always a teamwork and they always ready to help you out if you need help. The hardest part of the job is when it is really busy at the store and we need more people at the customer service though like I mentioned we always have a teamwork and we can call anyone on the floor to help us. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my customers happy and satisfied with the service that they have experienced.
Fun Environment, busy store
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 November 2016
Very merchandise driven, customer focused store. Happy friendly Associates. Wish there were more opportunities to advance within the company...seems to be limited. I am a continuous learner so I wish there were more opportunity, courses offered online or in store.
Pros
Great Customers, Great team
Cons
Never enough time lol

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location