The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 15, 2016
good enjoyable yet full of knowledge work place. learnt a lot of new things and environment of the job is great. just one word to say is awesome.
productive place but pushes workers with no incentive
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 12, 2016
no room for advancement, very segregated in terms of promoting jobs for certain groups. Not giving opportunity to people that have been there for a long time with the prerequisite skills.
Productive and fun place to work and learn
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2016
Day started with a short meeting with day task. Well communicated to employees with some light talk. Hardest part was to close the order in the end of the shift. Which was centralized and achieve the daily task.
Good balance of work, life.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 5, 2016
Busy, always something to do. Diverse group of people. Dealing a multitude of customers. Fast paced working environment. Always changing.
Office politics
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 31, 2016
Not a good environment for people who are not comfortable with excessive gossip. Management was simply good at playing office politics, and keeping up with the gossip (I saw this in most Planning Managers, which led the example to Allocation Planners and team). Talent isn't a main driver in career advancement unfortunately. Female managers were easily threatened by new female talent.
The strongest quality within TJXCanada is the president and his team of upper management, who are excellent industry leaders.
Pros
Salary and Benefits are equal to industry standard
Cons
Office politics and uncontrollable gossiping.
fun workplace
Sales Associate & Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2016
The management is very easy going and understanding. It is the perfect workplace for students who need a part time job. i recommend it to all students looking for
Pros
good location
Cons
labour intensive
TJX Experience
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2016
It was a great opportunity to work at TJX, as it helped me grow individually. It's a good place to work at to practice teamwork skills and individual skills. It changed my perception of work. I started to take it really seriously. It's a good place to work as a summer job as a student. Working here taught me to stay in school and to chase my dreams. The employees are really helpful. They really know how to make it a fun place to work for everyone.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Short Lunch and Break periods
Fun workplace
District Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONMay 25, 2016
Fun workplace, awesome work environment.
mfj;sdjk;slgksgk'

kfskldfjskjf;sjg

dfjhsldfjlsdkfjklsjdf

djfshfdljks
Pros
Free Lunches at meetings
Cons
N/A
sales assistant
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 24, 2016
Maximum 20 hours contracts, if you refuse overtime they won't be asking anymore. If someone calls sick they don't remplace and it is the struggle on the shop floor. Overall good experience as they gave me the opportunity to become a team leader.
it's a calm and respectful place to work
ticketing, packing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 18, 2016
They are Productive, respectful. I had the chance to work for 2 wonderful supervisor when I was there so I would say is nice place to work.
Pros
Cons
N/A
Receiving
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 18, 2016
Great learning experience. Learned alot about working as a TEAM. • Unloading goods from Trucks/Containers.
• Report/communicate all discrepancies and damages to proper account holder.
• Check incoming products against packing slips to spot discrepancies in quantity and damaged goods and inspect the conditions of the products during receipt.
Good place to work as student
STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
Great for students as they do have flexible shifts available and they do understand schooling comes first no matter what.
Productive environment.
Layup (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 15, 2016
Enjoyable environment. Working with a friendly crowd and hard workers. Always had a positive vibe and great energy. Co-workers were great, was able to lean a lot from them.
long hours with short lunch breaks.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2016
very long, gruelling, dirty environment. people and other employees were very nice and got along great. the pay was good also.
Amazing place to work with multicultural colleagues
Summer Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 29, 2016
The management is great. They provide great support with training to approach your desired goals. Working here aided me to gain great team working skills along with time management skills dictating with the fast pace environment. The co-workers are willing to provide encouragement for further opportunities. In addition, every month, the company educated us on safety issues that arises in the distribution center and how to avoid any faults and misusees of any machinaries. I do highly recommend working at TJX Canada due to its collaboration and participatory environment in the distribution center where I have spent 3 months.
Great teamwork and fun experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
The basic part of the job is to keep the store tidy and keep the shelf full and organized. You can develop a good sense of merchandising and polish your customer service skill. You get to work with mostly young and enthusiastic co workers that make the job more fun. The management team is mostly helpful and friendly. You need to be on your feet for long hours and depending on which department you work for, you need to do some lifting and moving that can be hard on back sometimes.
Pros
flexible part time hours, fun and easy going work environment
Cons
long hours of standing on your feet and lifting heavy items
ok
Labour worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 20, 2016
decent, not enough hours, supervisor had favouritism towards the male workers. Overall a decent place to work, high and fast paced
Good people to work with
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2016
Nice working environment, helpful co-workers,responsive management makes TJX canada a fun place to work in and it is easily accessible by public transit too.
Amazing workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 5, 2016
At Winners at St. Laurent have their busy and dead days, I did learn different jobs all around the store like for example working at the warehouse, fitting room, sales floor, customer service and so on. The management are friendly, approachable, have a connections with the staff, always dependable and amazing. My co-workers works with harmony, there is always a teamwork and they always ready to help you out if you need help. The hardest part of the job is when it is really busy at the store and we need more people at the customer service though like I mentioned we always have a teamwork and we can call anyone on the floor to help us. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my customers happy and satisfied with the service that they have experienced.
easy going
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
working for winners is not for everyone, people may seem its just retail but there is more to it. You need to be able to work under pressure, independently and take initiative to day to day operations. The hardest part of working at winners was that some of management would understand your personal issues but others would not understand certain issues because they feel like work is work and that's the only thing you have is just work and not a family and outside life.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews by Location