The essential duties of the job are:
1. Use the computerized compounding system to weigh and record the chemicals included in the formula;
2. Combine the nutrients into the appropriate dosage form;
3. Setup and use the automated compounding machine (BAXA) to make TPN solutions;
4. Calibrate the equipment and document the process;
5. Maintain and clean the hoods in the clean room;
6. Test the sterility of the clean room and equipment;
7. Test the sterility of the final TPN solution for extended stability;
8. Record refrigerator and freezer temps where solutions and substances are stored; and
9. Follow all safety and guidelines for preparation of compounded medications.
Essential skills and experience:
1. Pharmacy Technician Certification or Pharmacy Assistant Diploma OR 2+ years of experience in IV setting;
2. 2+ experience with computerized compounders;
3. Strong knowledge of ascetic technique; and
4. Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment.
Note that our current competitors in the Home Infusion business include Calea, Bayshore Specialty RX, Rexall Specialty RX, Shoppers Drug Mart Specialty Health Network and Marchese Health Care. We cannot accept candidates who will continue to work for a competitor while working for us.
Willing to train, but need a enthusiastic, passionate candidate