- Obtain quotes from carriers and forwarders for deliveries and international shipments
- Submit documented proof of all agreements for back up to the appropriate departments
- Coordinate LTL, TL, LCL, FCL and Airfreight shipments in the most economical way internationally and domestic
- Arrange for pick up from manufacturer/delivery to site
- Handle and maintain carrier moves
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with dedicated carriers, forwarders and couriers
- Source rates from new carriers, forwarders and couriers
- Cross check invoices received with the rates provided by the carrier for each shipment
- Compare rates provided by manufacturers and carriers to familiarize which party can provide the best rates
- Assist Costing Department with Contract Quotations
- Knowledge of Logistical Mathematics
- Professional written and verbal communication
- Professional presentation
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Sharp Investigative skills: Able to use all possible resources or establish new resources
- Capable of multi-tasking and working to agreed schedules
- Able to plan and accommodate varying workloads and be flexible in the approach to tasks.
- Self-motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Prepared to take on additional responsibilities which are aligned to a fast moving and changing environment as driven by business needs and customer expectations.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent Computing Skills , Especially: Microsoft Access, Outlook, Excel, Word,
- Able to type minimum 30 WPM
- Good organization skills and excellent attention to detail
Experience in shipping and logistics is desired.
Indeed - 22 months ago