- Interface with business areas to develop procurement strategies, plans and schedules
- Work interactively with the business units to ensure a clear scope of work
- Prepare procurement or contract plans for purchase of major equipment, spare parts, materials and services
- Pre-qualification and selection of bidders
- Strong administration of contracts, formations experience an asset
- Development of Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Responsible for contractor pre-qualifications and preparation of bid lists
- Prepare bid documents
- Manage the RFQ bidding process, including receipt of bids, bid clarification, evaluation and final bid recommendation
- Procurement, contract execution
- Assist in negotiating contracts
- Relevant recognized diploma, degree or professional certification. Completion of applicable contract, business administration, law, accounting, and/or related subjects training.
- Minimum of 10+ years
- Experience as a contract specialist involved in the preparation, negotiation, and administration of a broad range of complex technical high value/risk contracts with the attendant knowledge and experience of commercial, insurance, logistics, and legal issues preferably in Canadian (Alberta) environment
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of tactical procurement process
- Experience in supplier analysis, screening and selection
- Good all round knowledge of oil sands services, specifications, and main contractors.
Please Note this position starts in Calgary and moves to Fort McMurray with a Rotations of 9 and 5 with a FIFO Package Provided.
Engineering Division, The Staffing Exchange
Direct: 403-775-0145 |
Indeed - 17 months ago
The Staffing Exchange™ was established to provide corporations and job seekers with a world-class business facility for corporate...