The Staffing Connection

The Staffing Connection Employee Reviews in Canada

Ready to help those who want to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 3, 2016
During my visit to the office, I was impressed with the thorough assessment and safety training process. The office staff are committed to finding work for those who are willing to work and the workers who show up, work hard and make a good impression get repeat assignments which often lead to full-time placements. Granted, general labour jobs aren't always fun - but this is a great way to get into some good companies.
Pros
Good hours for good workers
Cons
Office staff hear a lot of excuses why people "can't" work
Meh.
meh. (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 29, 2016
There is one or two nice people in the office, but everyone else is very rude. I heard bad reviews about this place, but I was in need of work. So I gave it a go. The day staff was nice, but the people you have to deal with on later hours are terrible. You'd think they'd be happy to have work, but no. They're miserable, sad and pitiful people. Whether or not they realize it, they are the ambassadors for a company. However, they choose to do a terrible job.
Productive and fast paced
Employee (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 6, 2016
Ive found staffing connection. After moving to a new area not knowing whats jobs are hiring. With in a week they found me a job
Pros
Get drive brand new cars
Cons
Long hours and weather conditions
all work - no pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cantral OntarioJune 8, 2016
Company owed wages in excess of $900.00. - Did NOT pay.

M. of Labour found company at fault - ordered them to pay - NO pay

M. of Labour organised a meeting to ensure payment. - Company did NOT appear at meeting.

If you value being paid for your hard labour and effort. Do Not become entangled with this den of snakes.
Not worth it.
general grunt work. temp. (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Me: "I'm sick "

Office: "So, you're coming in today, right?"

Avoid this place. Can't remember how many times mine and others pay was screwed up. On top of that we were expected to pay for special equipment(it was taken directly out of our pay) and then be reimbursed later for them...we never were.

Office people were horrible
Pros
Other co-workers shared the same experience
Cons
Repetitive work...standing in the same spot ALL day.
Terrible company to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONOctober 3, 2012
Privately owned and dictated. Sick time must be requested off by calling the owner directly. The owner is not a nice person and works his staff to their very last breath. Expectations are that you will work 24/7 for low pay with no benefits, no time off, and no performance appraisals, no raises, no bonuses, nothing but bullying. I was one of a bunch of people who tried very hard to work there but the turnover is very high. If you are not in the owner's pocket as a pet, you will get nowhere. There is no upward mobility, no excuses are tolerated, and working every hour of every day is expected. Being rude and impatient with employees is standard practice. Good luck to anyone wanting to work there.
Pros
there are no pros.
Cons
long hours with no incentive.
No dont do it...stay away
general labour (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 25, 2015
One of the worst places to work. When you sign up your promised a full time position at whatever company ..your always stuck dealing with the rude staff that works in the office.. Treat you like dirt...not to mention you never aloud a day off for any reason... If you take a day you loose your posting...STAY AWAY from this place
if your considering employment with this firm. PLEASE DO NOT !!!
ANONYMOUS (Former Employee) –  PETERBOROUGHDecember 11, 2014
Expected to work in excess of 65-70 hours weekly. No Supervision or incentive. You can never do enough. Work from early morning to late night. Upper Management expects more than you can give in a day. Management will average $10.50 per hour. (65-70 hours weekly for $653.00 before deductions.= $550,

Do NOT sign the contract. If your considering them as a work possibility, please find something else. You have been warned !!! BEWARE
Cons
just don't
Fantastic people, relatively few clients.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 29, 2013
The staff in the office are great, but getting a placement can sometimes take a while. They are starting to pick up more clients, and more placements now, but when I was with them in late 2012, there was precious little work to be had with them.
general
general labour (Former Employee) –  PeterboroughMay 3, 2014
The office staff where I applied treat you like dirt, nasty and rude to me. I wouldn't waste the time applying with these amateurs!!
Cons
rude office staff

2.2