The Staffing Connection Employee Reviews

Polite, professional and extremely accomodating
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 October 2017
I called in to make an appointment and they gave me a wide window of opportunity to come in and start on my own time. Once I came in which was the same day I called, I was assisted right away, very pleasantly. Within an hour I had all the paperwork filled out, all the questions I had answered and left with a brand new job that I was able to choose myself. The hiring process was unbelievably easy and was completely stress free. Come in one day and have employment that afternoon or the next day!! Awesome customer service as well.
got some usefull tips for work..its cool
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 October 2017
i learned how to work fast and efficiently..the most enjoyable part of the job is that,i can talk to more people and its really cool.the work place is well maintained and i didn't felt any discomfort
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie3 October 2017
Solid team that cares about finding people work that fits their current and future needs. Genuinely care about employees and go the extra mile being available 24/7 to answer questions and support.
Account Manager, Barrie
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 September 2017
I have been working at The Staffing Connection full-time (Less than a year)

Have worked here less than a month so far - the job is challenging, no doubt. It can be frustrating at times as well, but personally, I've never heard of one that can't be. It is also very rewarding, and for me, the fact that I am encouraged to use my creativity is very refreshing.

Most importantly, they gave me an opportunity and an actual chance to show them what I can do. After all, a resume only tells part of story and they are willing to look beyond it.
Pros
Managrment is willing to try new approaches, allows creative freedom, pays on time without issues, is a very supportive environment
Cons
Long days, but that is the nature of the industry
Gong show
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 August 2017
I worked in the office very temporarily. Completely disorganized. No structure. Here's a phone and a computer to sink or swim. No training. No support. No communication. High expectations. No work/home balance. Awful awful awful.
Pros
Cons
All of it
Not what you think
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 August 2017
The proposal seems acceptable but once you start, it changes to unrealistic expectation. Just because manager puts work above all else, including family, it is expected of all the staff. Rather be unemployed than to work for someone like that.
Pros
Job is not hard to do
Cons
Unrealistic expectations of employees
Resourceful with AMAZING staff
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 July 2017
Friendly service offering amazing opportunities. I only wish I had known they existed sooner! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for new experiences.
The absolute worst!
Contractor (Various Positions) (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON8 June 2017
This company takes advantage of their employees, paying them a fraction of the other workers at your placements who are there directly.

The management will call last minute to ask you to work jobs starting less than an hour later, give you short jobs, inconsistently pay, not matching the hours.

It was probably the worst place I've ever worked, and I've worked for many temp agencies. They are the most unreliable and take their workers for granted, treating them as a commodity.

DO NOT EVER WORK HERE EVER! (Unless you are in the office/recruitment side, but the staff themselves would complain about owner / manager)
Pros
Get working fast, if you need money now
Cons
Everything. Get in and get out if you need to, but stay away!!!
Please be careful
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 June 2017
Working for the staffing connection or Level A directly- Shady company, shady owners- owes past employees hundreds of dollars.. no one there longer than 3 months
Pros
its a job
Cons
Shady shady shady
Got me a job
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 May 2017
Without the staffing connection i wouldnt have been able to feed my kids or pay my bills. Thank you staffing connection for helping me! i have been able to do alot of new stuff
Great place to start
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 May 2017
The Staffing Connection has helped me get my foot in the door and find work since moving to the Peterborough Area. Without them i dont know how i would have paid my bills.
Pros
Lots of work
Fast paced and rewarding
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 May 2017
This is a staffing agency that helps employers find workers in times of increased production, new projects or to cover sick/absent employees etc. At the same time, they work with unemployed and underemployed people who are in immediate need of work and income and are looking for an opportunity to gain full-time employment, experience, and to get their foot in the door. TSC happily links the two. It's not glamorous work but it provides a need at both ends. Yes, it can be stressful and fast-paced but it's also rewarding.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, free parking
Cons
hours
They are just awful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 April 2017
They suck and have no people skills and are kinda slow and stupid, don't waste your time with these morons. They wasted my time just to offer me and sign me up for a job that was highly underpaid, all the jobs are complete sh.t don't do it.
Cons
Work on an on call basis, working from company to company.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 April 2017
I worked at staffing for the summers of 2015 to 2016, the staff in general was kind and polite. They basically hire anyone to do menial tasks for minimum wage pay. I got plenty of hours in and was good money for the summer. Would not recommend for students in collage as hours can be long and irregular. A car is needed.
Pros
n/a
Horrible job.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 March 2017
Do not bother with this company unless you like being pushed and pulled around, regardless of what you are actually looking for, and want to lose money as they seem to "forget" to add hours to paychecks.
Pros
Paycheck every week
Cons
Everything else
Poorly owned and operated
Admin (Former Employee) –  Peterborough11 January 2017
If you aren't perfect straight away then it's your fault and you are under qualified. This is the impression I received from the owner himself. This man has no recognition that people have lives outside of the office. He can take no responsibility of fault and has unreasonable expectations. Time management is poor and this disorganization trickles down. He is under the impression that the high turnover is because of everyone's lack of competence but it is simply because he is so out of touch.
Pros
Paid on time, not his department
Cons
Soul sucking job
Don't waste your time
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 December 2016
Might be a great place if you were born yesterday. Poor communication.

There is a lot of turnover for their front line staff.

They paid on time. When I found better work and gave notice instead of just quitting my ROE was filed with negative comments.

Bottom line do not trust them at the Peterborough ON location.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Treat people like garbage
Basic grunt work various companies
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 November 2016
I heard from employers that they would call TSC in the morning for an aft shift. Usually I was given no notice and expected to be on time. This happened more than once. If you need some cash and don't mind what you're working on for the day it's fine. The pay is minimum but they are diligent about paying on schedule. Depends where you end up but some of the employees in the companies you're assigned to shun you like outcasts. There is potential for full time work but it's like a carrot dangled in front of you
Pros
You get some work
Cons
Low wages, TSC staff seemed disorganized, short notice for work
would not recommend
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 September 2016
seems ok at first then they hit you with unrealistic expectations, expect you to devote entire life without the compensation - rather than supporting employees, harass them into doing things
Pros
coworkers are funny and try to see the best light, lots of freedom
Cons
long hours, bosses are rude, expect you to jump through hoops
Aweful place to work
Administration (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 August 2016
Your expected to work till your last breathe. Some days you'll work 20+ hour days, no breaks, no appreciation. No compassion, no appreciation, no raises, little pay for the amount your expected to do. Consistent Harrasement and nagging. Very small timed deadlines nearly impossible to meet. This is for both TSC and level a. Had experience at both level a and TSC
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Staffing Connection. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5