The Source Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Sales Skills Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stouffville, ONOctober 25, 2012
Pros: customer sales/services expierence
Cons: hours frequently until store close
Opening tills, greeting/assisting customers, offering sales, opening communications towards sales of wireless service, closing sales, cleaning store, stocking shelves, pricing product, closing tills, cash count, closing store.

I've gained great customer service experience and sales skills. Manager quickly trained me into the role of sales associate – more... and brought my sales statistics into the top 20 of the region within my first month.

Commission incentives made atmosphere occasionally competitive, but otherwise friendly and teamwork based at tasks around the store. – less
a fun place to work at with all access to new technologies
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 9, 2012
Pros: spiffs and commission
Cons: saturation in the market
The job is very satisfactory for the most part od the day
There are times when there are almost no customers in the store ,but there is enough to do even in the nonselling time , like inventory management, pricing,stocking etc.this job has teached me manage my time in a better and efficient way and being responsible for some major management responsibilities – more... has also been very motivating.the work environment is very competetive and yet friendly . The job becomes hard when there is not too much to do in tge store but to wait for the customers to come but it becomes very enjoyable once the customer appreciates your knowledge and help and leaves the store satisfied. – less
Asst Manager (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABJune 30, 2012
Pros: very enjoyable company to work with all around
A day at the source consisted of helping customers with anything from a small fuse to entire entertainment systems, wall mounting and family plans for cell phones.

I came away from that job with a lot more imformation then i could place here.

Management both in store and head office were amazingly helpful and gave all the training possible to people – more... who wanted it and deserved it.

I don't feel any part of the job was hard for me. I enjoyed everything i did and pushed to be better at it.

I think the most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers with cell phone plans and teaching them everything they needed to know about tv's ..etc – less
help customers make choices with electronics before they would buy them
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioApril 26, 2012
Pros: discount on everything in the store
Cons: dealing with people
helped people make choices with computers and cell phones and mp3 players etc. hooked phones up with rogers mobile
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Prince Rupert, BCApril 14, 2012
A typical day at the Source, would include firstly customers and customer service. if someone enters your store you drop what your doing and help em out, when not assisting customers you are restocking shelves and bringing in new inventory. lots of price tagging merchandising such as facing and restocking. occasionally shipping product in or out of – more... our store to or from other source stores. coming away of working for the source companies i took with me the tools needed to run and manage a multimillion dollar retail store, and help the team of employees to utilize their time more efficiently. the most enjoyable part of the job for me was a combination of the problem solving / trouble shooting that comes with electronics and helping out the customers to get what they need and are looking for. there is nothing more satisfying then when a customer comes into your store looking for something that they don't know much about and being able to find them the right product they need to ether get what they need need to work or simply getting the right product for what they are trying to do. – less
Fun Workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee), Aldershot, ENGAugust 8, 2014
I get to interact with many people in a laid back environment
Loved the flexibility
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 13, 2014
Pros: non applicable.
Cons: non applicable.
Diverse atmosphere. Learned wellness management, organizational skills.
Very enjoyable company to work for
paperboy (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILJanuary 9, 2014
I like working for the source. The management is very enjoyable.
Excellent leadership Organization
Manager (Current Employee), MarylandJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: outside oppositions
This is an excellent leadership organization to be a team player of. It is very diverse and gives each individual an opportunity to work as a learning organization.
Day at work
Work Based Learning Assessor (Former Employee), Sheffield, ENGDecember 8, 2013
Cons: paper based not electronic portfolio
My typical day involves visiting learners in there workplace/devising session plans/adapting learning to each individual learner.
fun workplace
Scanner/Data Entry/Front Receptionist (Former Employee), new york,new yorkAugust 12, 2013
management was very orginized, very friendly environment
Hard teamwork because every salesmen were paid with bonuses
Salesman (Former Employee), Sherbrooke, NDJuly 29, 2013
Hard teamwork because every salesmen were paid with bonuses. It was a good job as a student.
A stint as management Trainee
Sales Representative (Mgmt. Trainee) (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLJune 3, 2013
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: quick burnout and stress
I had worked with 'The Source' as management trainee while I was pursuing my PG Diploma in Business & Economics.
A typical working day in the source was very challenging and full of exertion. Efforts through the day were very continuous and un-stopping since we were been allocated from the college to gain industry experience. The Source was an event – more... management company based out in Delhi. We have been moving in and out through the NCR to meet customers, presenting our business proposals and achievements so far, by then.
Learning of meeting different kind of customers and to overcome their attitude was just a result of 'The Source'. Since the company was not that popular so the challenge was always up for us to make maximum business and to generate revenue for the company.
Management was very supportive and motivating. They valued us nicely even when I was not on their rolls and was just working as management trainee.
For me the hardest part was to close my first deal with zero experience in sales and consumer behavior. It was good to learn for that moment, but for a final placement, somehow I needed a big group which can give me more diversified experience.
I have enjoyed my entire one year stint there. The best part was to satisfying our customers with our promising services. Best feeling was when customer comes back to us and give us their testimonials. – less
Great place to network.
Visual Contributor (Current Employee), New York, Atlanta, LANovember 9, 2012
To me the Source Magazine was an amazing place to learn about so much in the entertainment industry. Allows you to brush up and to improve your skills.
I worked as a shipper/receiver
Shipper/Receiver and Merchandiser (Former Employee), Dixie Outlet MallMarch 1, 2012
Pros: great discounts
Cons: poor management
I was the shipper/receiver at this location and managed the stock on a daily basis as well and organizing an restocking the store.
Opportunit├ęs professionnelles
Social Media Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 14, 2013
The Source est un journal multiculturel qui offre de nombreuses opportunit├ęs, un environnement de travail optimal.

About The Source

The Source, (legal name The Source (Bell) Electronics Inc.) formerly known as RadioShack and later as The Source by Circuit City, – Read more