The Source Employee Reviews

Fun and Friendly Staff with comfortable work environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Ancaster1 September 2015
The Source was an exciting work place with friendly staff. The focus was put too heavily on signing customers to cell phone contracts. The training in terms of daily functions such as P.O.S. use was good but when it came to processing Bell Services and cell phone contracts there was very little training given and in some cases customers would lose confidence in my sales ability as a result.
Pros
Low Stress Work Environment
Cons
Inadequate Job Training
The work place was filled with many customers leaving happily with new products and helpful customer service.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Quesnel BC17 August 2015
Typical day at The Source was having customers come in looking for nothing in specific but then leaving happily with a product that they found and became curious about and wanted further information which I would to my best extent elaborate and show by example how the product works, what the product is used for and where the product can be used. Management was a little more difficult for we had our store manager leave the company and we were with no manager for a month which helped us focus more on helping each one another and informing one another on products that we had no information of. During this work experience I learned much about customer support.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great place to work for career minded people
Marketplace Fulfillment foreperson (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 July 2015
Great place to work if your looking for long term employment. Internal management support could use an overhaul, a typical work day consists of 8 plus hours daily but is flexible.
To many Yes people not knowing retail
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 July 2015
Would not recommend this company to anyone, always changing direction it is going in every three to four mouths. Large staff turnover and store management does not know what it is doing.
Pros
35% discount on Bell services
Cons
unreliable for hours
Great place to get your feet wet
Intermediate All-Media Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 July 2015
Perfect for those starting out and looking for a place to gain experience. With the right drive and attitude, this is a good place to grow and advance a career
Learning Environment with good Management
Technical Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 July 2015
I started working at The Source on 28 March 2015. I still remember that day when I first met my all colleagues and how they well behaved with me. I am working as Part-time Sales Associate but still I am learning a lot of things daily. Our Manager Paul is really Professional at work and knows everything about Retail-Sales. I learnt so many things starting from my basics to getting involved more into customer problems from him. The best thing I like working here are my colleagues. When I started there I knew nothing about Sales and they helped me at every moment they found me in trouble. Now I achieve my all monthly objectives pretty easily.
Pros
Paid Break Time
Cons
No cons
The Worst of Bell
Cellular Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC29 June 2015
The manager made excessive bad decisions, made daily miscommunication, had a bad memory, contradicted himself constantly, and did not have the store running to company standard which finally got corrected by the manager that replaced him. Beyond all that, it is commission-based and creates resentment when there is not enough traffic into the store, the priority is selling, not getting customers what is best for them, but getting them whatever Bell wants to shove out the door on them. I do not recommend this company to anyone unless they are aggressive and like forcing things on people for their own benefit, which will be rewarded by superiors who feed that mentality at the higher levels, and they do not provide the tools to be effective at giving them the sales they demand of you. Pass and go for Best Buy if you have a soul.
Pros
good shifts hours, convenient location
Cons
everything else you can imagine, inappropriate selling techniques, lack of ethics
Stressful job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2015
I used to work as a Sales Associate/ Cashier, where I can help costumers to find what they looking for. It was stressful because it wasn't busy and everyone has a daily goal.
Pros
team work
Cons
short hours
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  pickering centre13 June 2015
pretty great place to werk. flexible in the way they treat their employees. didnt try to unnecessarily pressure you and allowed you to excel at your own comfortability.
Good retail level position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton12 June 2015
The Source will keep you very busy, if you are an active person you will have no problems keeping occupied. Sales goals are a little harsh at times. Good potential to earn higher wage.
Pros
Decent discount on select merchandise, Interaction with the public
Cons
Harsh Sales Goals, Pressure, Interaction with the public
First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 June 2015
It was my first job in Canada and I learnt how to work in Canadian work environment. I am thankful to my boss who gave me this opportunity.
Starts out great, then the pressure kicks in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2015
Being owned by Bell, there is a lot of pressure from management to sell Bell services. If you can sell them, you're going to have a great time. If you cannot they'll replace you with someone who can. This creates a lot of tension between the associates and management, particularly the associates who currently are not on track to meet quotas. Which would be the hardest part of the job, a lot of the quotas are reasonable but setting a stretch goal and not being able to make it, then getting negative feedback opposed to positive reinforcement for meeting your initial quota is not fun. Typically people come in for small things like batteries or various cords for their electronics and you are expected to turn that sale in a sale for bell services (residential or mobile) or at the very least, up sell them with current promotions. Co-workers are nice to one another, there can be arguments at times regarding stealing sales which the manager quells the best he can. The most enjoyable part the job would have to be after closing the store, my co-workers and I would generally go out to get something to eat if we all had the time to do so.
Pros
Good commission rates, flexible hours
Cons
A lot of pressure from Management as a result of higher ups pressuring them.
Great management at the St. Albert location, nice working conditions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB21 May 2015
I worked with several friends as sales associates which helped to create a family type working environment. Management was friendly and always on the ball. Great job for sharpening social skills, especially when approaching strangers. Probably met and conversed with every type of person in my time there. Competition for sales kept things interesting.
Pros
Great working environment in general
Cons
Difficult sales expectations
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 May 2015
The people and skills you learn better improve yourself. the only downside was the people who you help are not very polite
The Source
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 May 2015
Helping customers find electronic gadgets. Cleaning and putting out stock. Keeping your section of the store clean. Answering the phone and e-mailing people. Selling cell phones and satellite tv for Bell/Virgin. It's a typical retail environment but if you're good you can make good commission.
Pros
It can be fun.
Cons
Crabby customers which is retail for you. Satellite TV that no one wants
fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2015
working at food chain store or pharmacy involved operating cash registers, stocking, managing cash, continues interaction with customers and co-workers for a better and quality customer service. scanning product, find the right products codes if missing by communicating with other co-workers at different department.
Pros
fair break hour
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON8 May 2015
good place to work, friendly staff and managers, lots of job opportunities within the company. able to work up the company latter
Easy money, fun place to work
Sales Associate Part Time (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg6 May 2015
customer service type of environment
mostly electronics
competitive
selling phones to people probably the hardest
great people
good place to work if you like electronics
Pros
friendly people, easy money
Cons
standing for long periods of time
Valued Learning Experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB28 April 2015
Was hired onto the team as a seasonal associate between semesters over the summer. As previously stated, it was a valued learning experience.
Pros
Sales opportunities
Cons
Not enough hours
Not a great place to work
Many different positions (Former Employee) –  Niagara Region20 April 2015
Expect to live and breathe The Source. A typical day is to sell cellular and home services, warranties and everything else you can possibly talk the customer into buying. Yes, you are being tracked on your sales, and no it doesn't matter if it's busy or not. Typical corporate sales culture; if that 90 year old lady comes into the store, you better be talking her into high-speed internet and a Galaxy S6 on a high end data plan, with a warranty, and screen protector, and case, and car charger, and screen cleaner, and a USB, and some batteries with a warranty. My coworkers were awesome, and the best part of the job by far. They were the only reason I worked there for any length of time.
Pros
Discount on cellular and home services
Cons
Everything else