The Source Employee Reviews

The Source
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 12, 2013
The source taught me a lot about management and customer service. Most of the time I spent the day managing the store on my own and solving problems for customers. It was a commissioned based job and there were goals and quotas that the employees had to reach as a team and as individuals. It was highly competitive but also had a great team aspect to it. The hardest part was feeling like I was pressuring customers into purchasing more, and that the manager didn't hire enough employees so no one could cover anyone's shifts in case of emergencies.
Pros
great pay and commision and competitive work environment
Cons
changes in management
Fun and supportive work enviroment
Online Product Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 5, 2013
I enjoy the challenge of a fast paced work enviroment. On a daily basis I am involved in providing customer service solutions on varied subjects. They range from, customer inquiries with concerns to their orders to resolution and, recommending the right products for their individual needs.
Pros
great team spirit, management support
Cons
increased workload due to, relatively small number of employees in my department because of budget and available office space
fun working place
Bell & Virgin Mobility (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 21, 2013
my typical day at work would be arriving clocking in change to uniforms and begin to greet customers as walking, i highly enjoy working with my co workers there fun helpful and determine to boost store sales to the top, my day goes amazing i love having to help others problems and situation my goal is always to provide with 100% satisfaction when done that always makes me feel good about myself, shows ive done my work correctly
Pros
excellent work place and co workers
Cons
ovetime sometimes
The perfect part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 16, 2013
My time working at the source was more than pleasant, I was often able to arrange my hours accordingly to fit my (at the time) high school lifestyle. Another great thing was the people and environment, everyone was always happy and got along great, it was like a little work family. Being the only girl at the time i was judged by my knowledge towards technology, this helped me to set goals for myself and learn a abundance of new things including sharpening my people skills and problem solving.
Pros
co-workers, experience
Cons
slow days
Little to no room for advancement as well as bad pay
Assisstant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 11, 2014
A typical day of work is trying to sell cell phones to every single customer that walks in the door, whether they want it or not, and try to overcome objections. I learned a lot about product because I was surrounded by it, but you have to try to learn. Most knowledge isn't taught properly. Co-workers are typically awesome. Working at the Source in a large city means you get to work with a lot of people from different stores and most of them are fun and nice. The management is constantly changing and inconsistent from person to person. Rules and requirements differ between managers due to bad and inconsistent training. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude and negative customers as well as the terrible pay and benefits.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay and benefits
Exciting, always able to learn!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, OntarioSeptember 10, 2014
In a typical day as an assistant manager, I would spend time keeping the team motivated, in the know, and providing answers to questions or curiosities both from the staff and the customers.
I would assist customers with sales, technical support and personal issues with their Bell or Virgin services.
I maintained organization of paperwork and filing systems, staff information, and had a strong knowledge of product available for sale both within the present store or other locations, including an online shopping center. I maintained the cleanliness of the store with very high standards and ensured then staff understood the importance and necessity of those standards at all times.
Pros
awesome benefits, so much room and opportunity to advance quickly!
Cons
long commute for myself, long hours.
Poor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 23, 2015
I didn't really enjoy this job because the manager had no idea on how to run the store and handle difficult situations and assist on sales.
I'd say and so does the General Manager of The Source that I had way more experience and knowledge about the store than I did.
Fun with technology and earn money
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
- I am enjoying to work with source.
- i have learned every time different technology with different product.
- Currently i am performing leadership role and learned management level with routine operation.
- To work in sales - more chances to raise conflict with co-workers for sales as individual sales target given .
- un- organise structure
- commission with extra bonuses.
Pros
contest prizes
Cons
a fun place to work at with all access to new technologies
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 9, 2012
The job is very satisfactory for the most part od the day
There are times when there are almost no customers in the store ,but there is enough to do even in the nonselling time , like inventory management, pricing,stocking etc.this job has teached me manage my time in a better and efficient way and being responsible for some major management responsibilities has also been very motivating.the work environment is very competetive and yet friendly . The job becomes hard when there is not too much to do in tge store but to wait for the customers to come but it becomes very enjoyable once the customer appreciates your knowledge and help and leaves the store satisfied.
Pros
spiffs and commission
Cons
saturation in the market
productive retail store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 20, 2015
While working at my retail store as a sale associate, I developed my time management skills, collaboration with my team partner, my supervisor and the external partners of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with our customers.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  pickering centreJune 13, 2015
pretty great place to werk. flexible in the way they treat their employees. didnt try to unnecessarily pressure you and allowed you to excel at your own comfortability.
Reviewing existing company- TheSource
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
TheSource is a Bell company. As a sales associate I feel it as a challenging job in terms of sells target. Management is pretty well and helpful. There are many training and learning opportunities inside the work arena.
The most enjoyable part of the job is, it is an electronics store and I love handling it.
Pros
good job environment and fellows
Cons
have to sell service(mandatory)
Very productive workplace environment with amazing training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood On.April 30, 2013
It was a great experience working for this company. I learned so much about setting up a cellphone to setting up a laptop. How to clean a T.V properly, everything needed to know about a Apple product. There was a wide range of electronic training which made work that much better.
Pros
spiffs/commision and the product knowledge.
Cons
the dead days.
Valued Learning Experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, ABApril 28, 2015
Was hired onto the team as a seasonal associate between semesters over the summer. As previously stated, it was a valued learning experience.
Pros
Sales opportunities
Cons
Not enough hours
Co-Workers are fun, but too demanding and bad management
Full-time Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2014
I have been there for about 4 months, and let me tell you its not what I expected. I used to work for a pure cellphone/home service company. The hours are long like 9-9 or 11-9 you can barley take a break sometimes because we were short-staffed. The push on sales is out of the world with too much demands and being treated bad when not meeting sales and praised when you do. Manager did absolutely nothing except sit in back. The checks are only good if you make a sales. You are expected to do too much for little pay such as clean, organize, price tags, receive shipments, cash out customers, update computer system. Only enjoyable part are my co-workers, but then again could be because we are all on the same boat. Just wish they wouldn't be pushy on sales, because I quite frankly am not and only want to have a happy customer.
Pros
co-workers, and pay
Cons
long hours, bad management, unappreciative.
Over the top sales pressure. Non realistic goals.
Manager/Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OntarioMarch 4, 2013
I leArned alot at the source. Everything I know of technology I have pretty much learned from there. I love my co workers. Upper management is not even close to good. I have come to realize that the customer oriented values the source had has vanished. It's all about BELL sales. I actually don't blame the source fr this. And we do make more money, well the big stores do, but for the little guys they are struggling. And when sales goals aren't met, all of a sudden, that manager is gone. No second chance or training. We are disposable.
It's unfortunate that the source has gone great lengths to create such a good customer valued company just to have bell swoop in and change It all.
Pros
small bonuses, contests(which are usually fair, 60% of the time)
Cons
pressure to preform, change n management too frequently
Fun workplace with excellent work - life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SKFebruary 27, 2013
Amazing team to work with. Excellent Managers.
District Managers treat all the employees like a family.
Free Perks, Lunches, Rewards, Parties on achieving Company goals and targets.

Learnt a lot about Team work, Customer Needs, Product development based on consumers needs.
Pros
free rewards, benefits, sales bonuses..
Cons
no cons
Fun place to work but management did not act like management at all.
Sales Associate-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJanuary 20, 2014
- a typical day we would help customers, enter sales, answer phone calls, put shipment away.
- I learned about bell products as well as new computer programs that will help me.
- I found the management wasn't really management to every employer, would also do things most managers wouldn't do or allow things that shouldn't be aloud to be done on the sales floor.
- Young, except for the two full-time employees who have been there for years.
- Trying to sell bell internet or home phone or even bell products, just very pricey especially for young people who can get say Koodo for half the price.
- Working with people, meeting new faces and have experience to take with me wherever I go. I also love working with technology, seeing new products come out was exciting.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
not being recgonized for doing well
Terrible management and uneducated staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce GroveDecember 13, 2012
The Source pressures all employees to increase Bell sales everyday, these goals are unrealistic. Training is not closely monitored and when I was employed there I took on many jobs that should have been handled by the manager and I was only a sales associate. From the locations I have been too it seems that employees are too caught up with their own cell phones to be selling more. The "spiffs" earned by employees are a reward kind of thing and often create unhealthy competition between employees. On a daily basis the average customer comes in asking for advice on cables, software, batteries and just general techonlogical inquiries. The training to answer many of these questions is not provided.
Pros
spiffs, employee discounts
Cons
bad management, must get customers signing contracts, lack of training, unreasonable sales pressure
Great place to work if you like a family atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 27, 2013
Start the day opening the store, helping customers find either the electronics that they need or the parts necessary. The store can quickly develop into a friendly family atmosphere that leads to a reduced stress environment.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
need sales of cellular and satellite or you are out.