The Source Employee Reviews

Meh decent for a student, not a great career opportunity
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, ON9 May 2017
The job is fairly easy, especially if you like retail and sales. My biggest con for this job would be the amount of pressure management gives to sell "more bell". This is to be expected in sales, unfortunately you feel like you're never selling enough.
Pros
commission, excellent management
Cons
Pressure, no form of promotions
Sales Assosiate
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sooke, BC8 May 2017
Sold phones, electronics
Enjoyed the staff
Learned a lot about cell phones and electronics
Management was good but not consistent though
Hardest part was not having enough people coming in to purchase items. Business was slow in Sooke BC
Pros
Enjoyed the work and staff
Cons
Commision work Slow in Sooke
Lots of Opportunity - Great Work/Life Balance!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
- lots of opportunity for growth - part of Bell, so able to move seamlessly between business units, divisions, etc.

- focus on mental health & work/life balance - able to work remotely in Corporate careers, flexibility for scheduling, etc.
Pros
work remotely, strong leadership
fun place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON2 May 2017
very strict. service pride book is annoying. to many rules and other mangers treat employees like garbage. most of them are lazy and abuse their power
Fun place if good people, Company culture not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 April 2017
A lot of pressure to sell, if you don't you are "costing the company money"

Don't value good customer service

Fun to work around technology and good people can make it a great experience

Customers can either be awesome or some of the worst you've had but I've had a lot of great experiences

The co-workers around me made it one of the best jobs I've ever had
Friendly Management and High Sales Incentives
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 April 2017
Selling bell services including cell phone, internet and home phone, must hit sales quotas weekly, tending to store, helping customers and upselling products, semi-annual inventory and active learning courses
Pros
Pay
Really fun experience and coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 April 2017
I has so much fun working with my coworkers! I now consider them my brothers and I still visit them often. The manager was super nice and learning how to sell things was a good experience.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Standing the whole time
Uninspiring retail environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 April 2017
Strict up-sale environment. If you don't sell mobile phone plans, you don't keep your job. This includes stores with no customers. Blame rolls downhill.

Management is uninformed and uninspiring.
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad pay, bad bonuses, bad managment
Great compant to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE3 April 2017
Great people to work with and lots of gadgets to play with as well!

There is a good work life balance that lets your work hard and play hard when you want to!
Pros
Great discounts nad fun team members
Cons
Lots of stats to meet.
Amazing job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL31 March 2017
One of the best jobs I have had. Fun environment. Amazing organization. I would not mind work there again. I like the way we were treated as staff. I recommend everyone to get job there.
Disaster
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 March 2017
Extremely slow unless working at specific locations, does not compete well with the bigger competition. For students or people with flexible hours is perhaps best fit.
Low stress Sales Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 March 2017
Good place to work for sales associates, not a place to build a career. Basic wage and beats flipping burgers, plus the potential to make up to ~24$ and hour during Xmas time! Good place to learn alot if you see the value
Pros
Comission
Cons
No real advancement
Poor managment
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
Poor management. flexible hour, very good pay and commission base The management is very poor, need more training how to treat employee , a lot of discrimination there.
Ok for a kid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton13 March 2017
Worked for 3 years , started as sale associate and eventually got promoted to assistant manager. This promotion didn't give a good pay increase, and extra duties made it harder to meet commission quotas
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC11 March 2017
I was always happy to come to work. My coworkers were like family to me. I always had fun at work. I learned so much from the 3 guys i worked with and especially from my boss.

It started out as a seasonal job but my manager decided to keep me for after the season ended because he believed I was capable of succeeding in the business as not only as an employer but part of their family. It was always a great day at work.

The hardest part of the job was memorizing all of the information that was crammed in our brain, but the most enjoyable part of the job was just going to work and to know I was going to make a sale and a friend.
Pros
Co workers, free bonus lunches
Cons
leaving.
good job and life balance as the schedule is flexible
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2017
good job and life balance as the schedule is flexible
seen co-workers fighting for sales
management is motivating
hardest part occurs only if you have no experience in customer talking and tackling
most enjoyable part is that the learning atmosphere is good, if you make friends there
Pros
flexible hours
Terrible Company, Terrible Pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario3 March 2017
Do not work here! I'm so upset I put so much time and effort into a place the claims to be family oriented and have a good work/life balance. Managers, Assistant Managers couldn't keep their jobs. Constantly replacing people or moving them to new locations without notice. Completely discriminatory against family life(having children, daycare etc), several female managers lost their jobs due to taking maternity leaves and trying to manage a work life balance that the company does not support. This led to termination of all female managers in my district, once they all passed the 6 months period from maternity leave. If you're a single male with no life, and don't mind terrible pay for high expectations, then this is for you!
Pros
Great customers, Great staff
Cons
Terrible pay, Terrible upper Management, lack of support, All about the sales
Fun Workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 February 2017
In this job you can make how much you want to make. Lots of opportunities. It's fun working because everyone is friendly and helpful.
Great job, Great people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 February 2017
While employed as a Customer Service Representative at The Source , I learned how to be a team player, as well as a punctual salesman. I used my time management skills to receive stock when I wasn't needed on the sales floor. A successful sale always led to a good day. Which happened to be both the hardest , and most enjoyable parts of the job. Working for The Source I learned the importance of caring for one another .
Pros
Good sales training methods
Cons
Not enough stock space
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
Fun to work at. You get to meet different people everyday from different works of life. The Source has a decent commission structure for the sales associates. However, the working schedules could be better since they were really inconsistent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Source. Our community is ready to answer.