The Source

The Source Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very positive environment, fun staff
Seasonal Stock Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 5, 2013
Pros: lots of coffee
Cons: difficult customers
My manager was very positive and a wonderful person to work for, the other staff were fun and engaging. I never really had a bad day because of work.
Worked as a Customer Service Rep
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 4, 2013
Used the cash register to process purchases
Cleaned store
Electronic sales
Dealt with customer complaints
Stocked shelves
Exhibited high level of customer service
Good time with customers and management
Sales associate (Former Employee), ReginaMarch 29, 2013
Pros: free new gift
Cons: schedule not fixed
Friendly work environment
Sales skill
Good
Rotating tAGS
fLYING HELICOPTERS
Unrealistic Expectations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2013
Pros: easy going but challenging place to work
Cons: extremely long shifts, poor pay structure
With the companies' new focus on Bell Residential Services, the pay structure has changed to reflect an unrealistic view of what a Sales Representative can do in a day.

Before the pay structure change, the company was a very good place to work. Sales Representatives are in charge of setting and achieving goals for themselves, commission was set in – more... such a way that you earned the equivalent to the amount of effort you put in, management is helpful and guiding, chastising only if sales goals are consistently unmet.

At the company, I have learned how to set realistic and achievable goals, as well as effectively dealing with upset customers.

I would recommend this job to anybody who would like to pursue a career in sales, it can be a very rewarding place to work if you know how to sell. – less
fun working place
Bell & Virgin Mobility (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 21, 2013
Pros: excellent work place and co workers
Cons: ovetime sometimes
my typical day at work would be arriving clocking in change to uniforms and begin to greet customers as walking, i highly enjoy working with my co workers there fun helpful and determine to boost store sales to the top, my day goes amazing i love having to help others problems and situation my goal is always to provide with 100% satisfaction when done – more... that always makes me feel good about myself, shows ive done my work correctly – less
Fun and supportive work enviroment
Online Product Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: great team spirit, management support
Cons: increased workload due to, relatively small number of employees in my department because of budget and available office space
I enjoy the challenge of a fast paced work enviroment. On a daily basis I am involved in providing customer service solutions on varied subjects. They range from, customer inquiries with concerns to their orders to resolution and, recommending the right products for their individual needs.
Over the top sales pressure. Non realistic goals.
Manager/Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee), OntarioMarch 4, 2013
Pros: small bonuses, contests(which are usually fair, 60% of the time)
Cons: pressure to preform, change n management too frequently
I leArned alot at the source. Everything I know of technology I have pretty much learned from there. I love my co workers. Upper management is not even close to good. I have come to realize that the customer oriented values the source had has vanished. It's all about BELL sales. I actually don't blame the source fr this. And we do make more money, well – more... the big stores do, but for the little guys they are struggling. And when sales goals aren't met, all of a sudden, that manager is gone. No second chance or training. We are disposable.
It's unfortunate that the source has gone great lengths to create such a good customer valued company just to have bell swoop in and change It all. – less
Fun workplace with excellent work - life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee), Estevan, SKFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: free rewards, benefits, sales bonuses..
Cons: no cons
Amazing team to work with. Excellent Managers.
District Managers treat all the employees like a family.
Free Perks, Lunches, Rewards, Parties on achieving Company goals and targets.

Learnt a lot about Team work, Customer Needs, Product development based on consumers needs.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: commission
Cons: long hours, sometimes not very busy
I enjoyed working for the source company. I learned a lot about electronics while I was working there, and also how to get along with working so closley with such a small staff. I enjoyed having commision sales as well.
The Source
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: great pay and commision and competitive work environment
Cons: changes in management
The source taught me a lot about management and customer service. Most of the time I spent the day managing the store on my own and solving problems for customers. It was a commissioned based job and there were goals and quotas that the employees had to reach as a team and as individuals. It was highly competitive but also had a great team aspect to – more... it. The hardest part was feeling like I was pressuring customers into purchasing more, and that the manager didn't hire enough employees so no one could cover anyone's shifts in case of emergencies. – less
Productive workplace
Stocking and Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg MbFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: commision
Cons: short break
Great place to work at as a student entering university. Overall co-workers are great and outgoing.
Productive and Fun Work Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2013
A place where I gained skills and experience that help me in daily activities.
best job ever
Cashier (Former Employee), Goose-Bay, Labrador CanadaJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: try new items
electronics are great to work with
dealer store
loved it
would work for company again
Distribution Center
SEASONAL WORKER (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 27, 2013
I really enjoyed working at The Source. Always enjoyed going to work, and working with people that were polite and friendly. I only wish that I could work full time there, and not just as a seasonal worker. I was really learning alot, and would love to learn and grow more with the company.
Management was not understandable
Customer Service (Former Employee), weyburnJanuary 7, 2013
they were good but management system was not upto the mark.
and my co-worker was not to bad but yah they were not helpful
nice place
Sales associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee), bcJanuary 5, 2013
nice place to work.you can make lot of money by selling phones
Very Enjoyable Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABDecember 14, 2012
it is very relaxed
good staff
Great money
everything is easy to understand
good discounts
Terrible management and uneducated staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spruce GroveDecember 13, 2012
Pros: spiffs, employee discounts
Cons: bad management, must get customers signing contracts, lack of training, unreasonable sales pressure
The Source pressures all employees to increase Bell sales everyday, these goals are unrealistic. Training is not closely monitored and when I was employed there I took on many jobs that should have been handled by the manager and I was only a sales associate. From the locations I have been too it seems that employees are too caught up with their own – more... cell phones to be selling more. The "spiffs" earned by employees are a reward kind of thing and often create unhealthy competition between employees. On a daily basis the average customer comes in asking for advice on cables, software, batteries and just general techonlogical inquiries. The training to answer many of these questions is not provided. – less
Over the top pushy sales.
sales rep/assistant manager (Former Employee), London, OntNovember 7, 2012
Pros: comission on sales. $10 - $20
Cons: over the top sales goals, high pressure, misleading/dishonest sales pitches
This company seems to have nothing to do with home electronics anymore and everything to do with using employees to push Bell sales. The Source is just a huge front for another "Bell world" store and if you get hired don't think you'll be talking to customers about IP boards, cameras and TV, you'll be leading EVERY conversation into a speech about how – more... Bell can screw them.

If you actually believe that Bell is a great company and are okay with pushy sales and are skilled in overcoming objections to an uncomfortable point, then this is the job for you. – less
Excellent Sales Skills Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stouffville, ONOctober 25, 2012
Pros: customer sales/services expierence
Cons: hours frequently until store close
Opening tills, greeting/assisting customers, offering sales, opening communications towards sales of wireless service, closing sales, cleaning store, stocking shelves, pricing product, closing tills, cash count, closing store.

I've gained great customer service experience and sales skills. Manager quickly trained me into the role of sales associate – more... and brought my sales statistics into the top 20 of the region within my first month.

Commission incentives made atmosphere occasionally competitive, but otherwise friendly and teamwork based at tasks around the store. – less