The Source Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONMay 17, 2013
Pros: engaging work
Cons: off hour operations
I had a great experience working at this institution. The management was extremely helpful and the work was engaging and interesting. My peers were great and everyone was on an "All-For-One and One-For-All" philosophy. Definitely and overall great place to be apart of.
Challenging, fast paced work environment with lots to learn.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 8, 2013
Pros: excellent potential compensation for hitting targets, excellent environment to develop management skills.
Cons: heavy work load, long hours, conflicting demands between head office and regional supervisors, earned more money working as an assistant manager.
The Source was an excellent place to learn but my experiences there suffered as a result from the high-stress environment imposed by management and a lack of feedback.

-The learning curve as a new manager was very steep, with extensive systems with which to become familiar in a very short time.
-Wonderful coworkers, particularly amongst fellow managers – more... helped considerably.
-Company is very focussed upon achieving particular sales goals and offers generous compensation for employees who excel at these targets.
-Compensation for achieving targets is limited in smaller volume stores. – less
Was an amazing place to work!!!
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Barrie Bayview DriveMay 8, 2013
Pros: everything
Worked there through Christmas rush in the e-commerce department in Barrie through a temp agency and it was a wonderful fast paced environment. I truly wish I could get back in there full-time. Not sure what else I can do to make that happen but they sure would have a loyal employee in ME!!! Daniel Breier
Very productive workplace environment with amazing training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Collingwood On.April 30, 2013
Pros: spiffs/commision and the product knowledge.
Cons: the dead days.
It was a great experience working for this company. I learned so much about setting up a cellphone to setting up a laptop. How to clean a T.V properly, everything needed to know about a Apple product. There was a wide range of electronic training which made work that much better.
The perfect part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONApril 16, 2013
Pros: co-workers, experience
Cons: slow days
My time working at the source was more than pleasant, I was often able to arrange my hours accordingly to fit my (at the time) high school lifestyle. Another great thing was the people and environment, everyone was always happy and got along great, it was like a little work family. Being the only girl at the time i was judged by my knowledge towards – more... technology, this helped me to set goals for myself and learn a abundance of new things including sharpening my people skills and problem solving. – less
The Source
Part Time, Shift Leader/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 12, 2013
Working at the Source has been and still is a learning experience. I started as a sales associate in August and quickly became a second key holder after my first month. When the new position of Shift Leader was created, they had promoted my title to such. A typical day is where we help people find what they need, mostly batteries, and talk to them about – more... their cellular phones and plans as well as their home services. We provide Mobile services with Bell and Virgin as well as Bell Residential Services (BRS).

I have learned a lot more about electronics than I did when I started. I learned how activations work for cell phones as well as home services, learned how to talk with the representatives that people deal with when they have questions/concerns. Learned the variety of management tasks in a retail store such as shipments that come in, that we have to send out with proper procedures, organization of all products as well as providing proper paperwork to ensure we can track our products, sales and trends for analysis later down the road.

Management puts a lot of emphasis and pressure on selling cell phones and BRS. Typically, the changes from management will derive from the high traffic/selling stores which makes it difficult for smaller less frequented stores to be successful. Quotas are most often than not higher than we predict to being able to sell. Incentives change but mostly benefit the larger high traffic/selling stores. On the other hand, Management does provide us with aid when we are in need.

The hardest part of the job is convincing people to come to Bell for home services as well as mobile services. Most people in my area have had bad experiences in the past and cannot see the changes that Bell has done in the past 2 years. They are also not eligible for the new services Bell has which surpasses the quality of their services as well as making it affordable when comparing. Most people already have a cell phone and are on contract. The second hardest part to this is making sure they don't have bad credit, if they do, they cannot get these services or have to put down a deposit to get them.

What I do enjoy with the job is being able to talk to people without a script and be professional and friendly. We have a variety of different customers and we try to have fun with them depending on their moods and if we have a line up. My co-workers are fantastic and always make it enjoyable. When we do sell a lot, we make a good amount of commission on top of our wages. – less
Tech Support and Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2013
Pros: discount on cell phone plans for employee and other items
Cons: sometimes no respect when don't achieve target
Worked really very hard to achieve targets in sales.
learned to work with different community
sometimes its bad
stand on your feet more then 9 hours
35% discount for employee
Very positive environment, fun staff
Seasonal Stock Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 5, 2013
Pros: lots of coffee
Cons: difficult customers
My manager was very positive and a wonderful person to work for, the other staff were fun and engaging. I never really had a bad day because of work.
Worked as a Customer Service Rep
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 4, 2013
Used the cash register to process purchases
Cleaned store
Electronic sales
Dealt with customer complaints
Stocked shelves
Exhibited high level of customer service
Good time with customers and management
Sales associate (Former Employee), ReginaMarch 29, 2013
Pros: free new gift
Cons: schedule not fixed
Friendly work environment
Sales skill
Good
Rotating tAGS
fLYING HELICOPTERS
Unrealistic Expectations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2013
Pros: easy going but challenging place to work
Cons: extremely long shifts, poor pay structure
With the companies' new focus on Bell Residential Services, the pay structure has changed to reflect an unrealistic view of what a Sales Representative can do in a day.

Before the pay structure change, the company was a very good place to work. Sales Representatives are in charge of setting and achieving goals for themselves, commission was set in – more... such a way that you earned the equivalent to the amount of effort you put in, management is helpful and guiding, chastising only if sales goals are consistently unmet.

At the company, I have learned how to set realistic and achievable goals, as well as effectively dealing with upset customers.

I would recommend this job to anybody who would like to pursue a career in sales, it can be a very rewarding place to work if you know how to sell. – less
fun working place
Bell & Virgin Mobility (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 21, 2013
Pros: excellent work place and co workers
Cons: ovetime sometimes
my typical day at work would be arriving clocking in change to uniforms and begin to greet customers as walking, i highly enjoy working with my co workers there fun helpful and determine to boost store sales to the top, my day goes amazing i love having to help others problems and situation my goal is always to provide with 100% satisfaction when done – more... that always makes me feel good about myself, shows ive done my work correctly – less
Fun and supportive work enviroment
Online Product Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: great team spirit, management support
Cons: increased workload due to, relatively small number of employees in my department because of budget and available office space
I enjoy the challenge of a fast paced work enviroment. On a daily basis I am involved in providing customer service solutions on varied subjects. They range from, customer inquiries with concerns to their orders to resolution and, recommending the right products for their individual needs.
Over the top sales pressure. Non realistic goals.
Manager/Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee), OntarioMarch 4, 2013
Pros: small bonuses, contests(which are usually fair, 60% of the time)
Cons: pressure to preform, change n management too frequently
I leArned alot at the source. Everything I know of technology I have pretty much learned from there. I love my co workers. Upper management is not even close to good. I have come to realize that the customer oriented values the source had has vanished. It's all about BELL sales. I actually don't blame the source fr this. And we do make more money, well – more... the big stores do, but for the little guys they are struggling. And when sales goals aren't met, all of a sudden, that manager is gone. No second chance or training. We are disposable.
It's unfortunate that the source has gone great lengths to create such a good customer valued company just to have bell swoop in and change It all. – less
Fun workplace with excellent work - life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee), Estevan, SKFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: free rewards, benefits, sales bonuses..
Cons: no cons
Amazing team to work with. Excellent Managers.
District Managers treat all the employees like a family.
Free Perks, Lunches, Rewards, Parties on achieving Company goals and targets.

Learnt a lot about Team work, Customer Needs, Product development based on consumers needs.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: commission
Cons: long hours, sometimes not very busy
I enjoyed working for the source company. I learned a lot about electronics while I was working there, and also how to get along with working so closley with such a small staff. I enjoyed having commision sales as well.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: great pay and commision and competitive work environment
Cons: changes in management
The source taught me a lot about management and customer service. Most of the time I spent the day managing the store on my own and solving problems for customers. It was a commissioned based job and there were goals and quotas that the employees had to reach as a team and as individuals. It was highly competitive but also had a great team aspect to – more... it. The hardest part was feeling like I was pressuring customers into purchasing more, and that the manager didn't hire enough employees so no one could cover anyone's shifts in case of emergencies. – less
Productive workplace
Stocking and Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg MbFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: commision
Cons: short break
Great place to work at as a student entering university. Overall co-workers are great and outgoing.
Productive and Fun Work Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2013
A place where I gained skills and experience that help me in daily activities.
best job ever
Cashier (Former Employee), Goose-Bay, Labrador CanadaJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: try new items
electronics are great to work with
dealer store
loved it
would work for company again

About The Source

As one of Canada’s leading Consumer Electronics and Wireless retailers with 650+ locations across Canada, The Source provides – Read more