The Source Employee Reviews

The work place was filled with many customers leaving happily with new products and helpful customer service.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Quesnel BCAugust 17, 2015
Typical day at The Source was having customers come in looking for nothing in specific but then leaving happily with a product that they found and became curious about and wanted further information which I would to my best extent elaborate and show by example how the product works, what the product is used for and where the product can be used. Management was a little more difficult for we had our store manager leave the company and we were with no manager for a month which helped us focus more on helping each one another and informing one another on products that we had no information of. During this work experience I learned much about customer support.
Pros
Flexible hours
Learning Environment with good Management
Technical Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJuly 4, 2015
I started working at The Source on 28 March 2015. I still remember that day when I first met my all colleagues and how they well behaved with me. I am working as Part-time Sales Associate but still I am learning a lot of things daily. Our Manager Paul is really Professional at work and knows everything about Retail-Sales. I learnt so many things starting from my basics to getting involved more into customer problems from him. The best thing I like working here are my colleagues. When I started there I knew nothing about Sales and they helped me at every moment they found me in trouble. Now I achieve my all monthly objectives pretty easily.
Pros
Paid Break Time
Cons
No cons
Exciting, always able to learn!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, OntarioSeptember 10, 2014
In a typical day as an assistant manager, I would spend time keeping the team motivated, in the know, and providing answers to questions or curiosities both from the staff and the customers.
I would assist customers with sales, technical support and personal issues with their Bell or Virgin services.
I maintained organization of paperwork and filing systems, staff information, and had a strong knowledge of product available for sale both within the present store or other locations, including an online shopping center. I maintained the cleanliness of the store with very high standards and ensured then staff understood the importance and necessity of those standards at all times.
Pros
awesome benefits, so much room and opportunity to advance quickly!
Cons
long commute for myself, long hours.
Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJune 30, 2012
A day at the source consisted of helping customers with anything from a small fuse to entire entertainment systems, wall mounting and family plans for cell phones.

I came away from that job with a lot more imformation then i could place here.

Management both in store and head office were amazingly helpful and gave all the training possible to people who wanted it and deserved it.

I don't feel any part of the job was hard for me. I enjoyed everything i did and pushed to be better at it.

I think the most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers with cell phone plans and teaching them everything they needed to know about tv's ..etc
Pros
very enjoyable company to work with all around
a fun place to work at with all access to new technologies
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 9, 2012
The job is very satisfactory for the most part od the day
There are times when there are almost no customers in the store ,but there is enough to do even in the nonselling time , like inventory management, pricing,stocking etc.this job has teached me manage my time in a better and efficient way and being responsible for some major management responsibilities has also been very motivating.the work environment is very competetive and yet friendly . The job becomes hard when there is not too much to do in tge store but to wait for the customers to come but it becomes very enjoyable once the customer appreciates your knowledge and help and leaves the store satisfied.
Pros
spiffs and commission
Cons
saturation in the market
Great job, great customers, poor company choices.
Sales Associate/Wireless Expert/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSAugust 2, 2013
I worked at The Source for several years, enjoyed the job and it's challenges, loved the customers, some managers were amazing, some horrid, over all the companies direction over the last few year's, especially since being bought by Bell, have gone down hill.
Depending on your manager, whether they want to run their store as a business, or just somewhere for them to hide away and draw a pay will entirely change your experience when working for this company.
Pros
great comissions and discounts on services.
Cons
poor management at times, head office making poor decisions.
Over the top pushy sales.
sales rep/assistant manager (Former Employee) –  London, OntNovember 7, 2012
This company seems to have nothing to do with home electronics anymore and everything to do with using employees to push Bell sales. The Source is just a huge front for another "Bell world" store and if you get hired don't think you'll be talking to customers about IP boards, cameras and TV, you'll be leading EVERY conversation into a speech about how Bell can screw them.

If you actually believe that Bell is a great company and are okay with pushy sales and are skilled in overcoming objections to an uncomfortable point, then this is the job for you.
Pros
comission on sales. $10 - $20
Cons
over the top sales goals, high pressure, misleading/dishonest sales pitches
Do not work here!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BCSeptember 22, 2015
This by far is the worst company I have ever worked for. All they ask you to do is sell cell phone. The management is always on your head to sell the targeted cell phones and whoever does that is favoured. However, if you fail to do so you have high chances of getting fired. While interviewing they never metioned about this, however the reality is completely different. All they do here is up selling. They try to convince customers in every possible way to buy a new cell phone or to get a warranty. This is how they make commission. If you are a true sales person who loves to sell cell phones, then this is your place!
Pros
Commision
Cons
Everything!
Productive, efficient but able to maintain a fun, positive working environment full of optimism and encouragement
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJanuary 25, 2014
My experience at The Source, although short as it was seasonal, was perhaps the most enjoyable, engaging atmosphere in my life. Each employee performed his/her task efficiently and with grace, but maintained a positive attitude towards each other and our surroundings. The Source atmosphere made working there a truly enjoyable and memorable experience, and humbled me as an individual and taught me to always aim higher, accomplish more, but always be happy.
Pros
co-workers, peers, boss, customers all positive, excellent dependability
Cons
wasn't long enough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 12, 2013
The source taught me a lot about management and customer service. Most of the time I spent the day managing the store on my own and solving problems for customers. It was a commissioned based job and there were goals and quotas that the employees had to reach as a team and as individuals. It was highly competitive but also had a great team aspect to it. The hardest part was feeling like I was pressuring customers into purchasing more, and that the manager didn't hire enough employees so no one could cover anyone's shifts in case of emergencies.
Pros
great pay and commision and competitive work environment
Cons
changes in management
The perfect part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 16, 2013
My time working at the source was more than pleasant, I was often able to arrange my hours accordingly to fit my (at the time) high school lifestyle. Another great thing was the people and environment, everyone was always happy and got along great, it was like a little work family. Being the only girl at the time i was judged by my knowledge towards technology, this helped me to set goals for myself and learn a abundance of new things including sharpening my people skills and problem solving.
Pros
co-workers, experience
Cons
slow days
fun working place
Bell & Virgin Mobility (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 21, 2013
my typical day at work would be arriving clocking in change to uniforms and begin to greet customers as walking, i highly enjoy working with my co workers there fun helpful and determine to boost store sales to the top, my day goes amazing i love having to help others problems and situation my goal is always to provide with 100% satisfaction when done that always makes me feel good about myself, shows ive done my work correctly
Pros
excellent work place and co workers
Cons
ovetime sometimes
Wouldn't recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, ABOctober 3, 2015
I worked for this company for a short time due too the lack of trading, lack of paying out commition, lack of job security, and so on. The managers try and sweet talk you into staying longer with no future. The DM in the area I was in had to be the worst person I have never met in my life. Arrogant stuck up. Belittles employees.
Pros
Cons
Typical over worked, under paid, horrible management at all levels
Excellent Sales Skills Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ONOctober 25, 2012
Opening tills, greeting/assisting customers, offering sales, opening communications towards sales of wireless service, closing sales, cleaning store, stocking shelves, pricing product, closing tills, cash count, closing store.

I've gained great customer service experience and sales skills. Manager quickly trained me into the role of sales associate and brought my sales statistics into the top 20 of the region within my first month.

Commission incentives made atmosphere occasionally competitive, but otherwise friendly and teamwork based at tasks around the store.
Pros
customer sales/services expierence
Cons
hours frequently until store close
Fun and supportive work enviroment
Online Product Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 5, 2013
I enjoy the challenge of a fast paced work enviroment. On a daily basis I am involved in providing customer service solutions on varied subjects. They range from, customer inquiries with concerns to their orders to resolution and, recommending the right products for their individual needs.
Pros
great team spirit, management support
Cons
increased workload due to, relatively small number of employees in my department because of budget and available office space
Fun and Friendly Staff with comfortable work environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, AncasterSeptember 1, 2015
The Source was an exciting work place with friendly staff. The focus was put too heavily on signing customers to cell phone contracts. The training in terms of daily functions such as P.O.S. use was good but when it came to processing Bell Services and cell phone contracts there was very little training given and in some cases customers would lose confidence in my sales ability as a result.
Pros
Low Stress Work Environment
Cons
Inadequate Job Training
Life working at The Source
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONOctober 6, 2015
The Source was a great place I did co-op at. I learned how to deal with customers, and co-workers. At first, I was not comfortable talking with public but after working at The Source I feel a lot more comfortable dealing with public. Many new people come at The Source to buy different items, and I would easily be able to help them. It was a great experience working at The Source as I learned how to organize, manage and run a store.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Worked for a limited time
Great management at the St. Albert location, nice working conditions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABMay 21, 2015
I worked with several friends as sales associates which helped to create a family type working environment. Management was friendly and always on the ball. Great job for sharpening social skills, especially when approaching strangers. Probably met and conversed with every type of person in my time there. Competition for sales kept things interesting.
Pros
Great working environment in general
Cons
Difficult sales expectations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 12, 2015
Helping customers find electronic gadgets. Cleaning and putting out stock. Keeping your section of the store clean. Answering the phone and e-mailing people. Selling cell phones and satellite tv for Bell/Virgin. It's a typical retail environment but if you're good you can make good commission.
Pros
It can be fun.
Cons
Crabby customers which is retail for you. Satellite TV that no one wants
Fun and friendly environment
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
We sell Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile services. Our day mostly consists of selling the wireless services. We have extensive knowledge about the electronics and latest technologies and devices. The hardest part of the work gathering information from customers in order to provide the best deal we have. Customers usually hesitant about talking and discussing what they have. I learned how to make sales effectively and satisfy our customers.
Pros
commission
Cons
sales pressure