The Source Employee Reviews

Reasonable job,
Sales Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
Decent job, i guess the only con would be the associates. Not very motivated on success or meeting their goals.
But it is a Bell company, with decent pay, okay commission rates and fast paced environment.
Fun and high technology place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2016
Our days were filled with customers with technology, computer or cellphone concerns or requirements. I learned a lot of stuff about electronic, computer and cellphone technology. Management was okay. My co-workers were okay. Hardest part about the job was keeping up with new technology. Everyday was enjoyable at The Source.
Pros
High technology education
Cons
Low wages.
great staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 December 2016
The staff I worked with were amazing and very supportive. Doing schedules and working with all of my staff was amazing. We supported each other during sales and worked well together.
Super place to Manage
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atholville, NB17 February 2017
Great place to work. Was more or less my own boss. Ran store to provide best customer service. Hired a good team to relay my message. Good support from upper management
Great experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2016
Amazing time so far great people and always something new going on to keep things interesting. Learning so many things that can be applied to everyday life and more.
Nice and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ON14 February 2017
As a sales associate, we interact with people solving there problems and leading them to the right direction. Handle money, stocking, customer service.
good company good people
Cashier, Stock (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB18 February 2017
it is a good company with good staff and a decent working environment. Alot of technology to learn about and alot of online training. Good commission.
Amazing
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 December 2016
It provided a fun environment. Co workers were also very sweet and kind as well as the managers they were extremely caring and understanding. Flexible hours.
Pros
Breaks were good
Great work place, management is too pushy
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2016
Great co workers, gained lots of experience, their training is really good as well. However the high up management is extremely pushy on staff to sell sell sell. It was a great job before they changed the pay structure to include commission and incentives.
fun workplace great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK11 July 2016
would help customers where needed, would activate phone contracts able to multi task and the coworkers were very helpful when needed. the thing i most enjoyed was opening and closing the store, it gave me a good feeling that i was learning at a quicker speed.
Cons
not enough hours
Splended
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON22 September 2016
long, how to cell phones, can be unorganized - who isn't at times, co workers are great, some customers can be difficult - again who isn't at times, the environment
benefits
Cons
shift changes without notice
Not what it used to be
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 September 2016
This was a great company to work for before Bell took it over. The focus used to be on helping the customer find what they are looking for but now it's all about doing one thing, Selling Cell Phones.
fun but high pressure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  square one29 April 2016
i really do enjoy working at the source and i love the customer service aspect of the job like, uncovering needs, helping the customer satisfy there wants with high amount of product knowledge, but the high amount of pressure that is given to sell a phone service/phone when a customer walks in the store for an unrelated product makes me feel nervous at times. Also when the unsuccessful cross over from product to phone conversation happens you manager gives the, "what happened" eyes. overall disregarding the pressure i really enjoy helping customers with consumer electronics.
Pros
customer related experience
Cons
high load of pressure
Fun and Enjoyable
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB8 September 2016
-Management was encouraging
-Enjoyed my co-workers
-Job position training was very detailed
-Working with customers and helping them with their needs
Learning Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2016
I enjoy the personal interaction with the customers/members and assisting them with their banking needs.
I was also doing meeting arrangements with catering, which i enjoyed doing very much.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
Too Far
Entertaining and tec savvy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB25 June 2016
Enjoyed being part of the team, up selling customers, fixing basic customer electronic issues, hardest part was probably the slow days when all the work was done, learned a bit about computers and cell phones
Gotta love the retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2016
It was fun working for the company, while it lasted. The company decided to close a lot of their stores down, however luckily enough I was able to transfer.
Extremely positive retail company with emphasis on sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 June 2016
I learned how to sell here, with great managers and supervisors to train you throughout the process. I loved working at The Source.
Good wireless training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC28 April 2016
Worked for The Source for 8 years. Until one day I was told we have to let you go due to a business decision. Sad to say but the company does not stand by their staff.
Pros
Cellular discount
Cons
Company does not stand by their staff.Lack of training.Poor upper management.
Decent place to work, though few hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS22 February 2016
I enjoyed working at the source very much. The East coast cell phone market though is really over saturated and you essentially make your money selling cell phone and tablet contracts. They promised me 40 hrs a week I was lucky to get 8.... that's where it hit me hard... you can't pay the bills on minimum wage for 8 hours a week.
Pros
30% off of your Bell services and great benefits if you work full time at 6 months, management is very skilled and super nice
Cons
Few hours and minimum wage for floor sales plus commission - you really have to hussle your sales