The Source

The Source Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, efficient but able to maintain a fun, positive working environment full of optimism and encouragement
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers, peers, boss, customers all positive, excellent dependability
Cons: wasn't long enough
My experience at The Source, although short as it was seasonal, was perhaps the most enjoyable, engaging atmosphere in my life. Each employee performed his/her task efficiently and with grace, but maintained a positive attitude towards each other and our surroundings. The Source atmosphere made working there a truly enjoyable and memorable experience, – more... and humbled me as an individual and taught me to always aim higher, accomplish more, but always be happy. – less
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
great atmosphere and enjoyable experience in retails and sales
Fun place to work but management did not act like management at all.
Sales Associate-Seasonal (Former Employee), Brockville, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people.
Cons: not being recgonized for doing well
- a typical day we would help customers, enter sales, answer phone calls, put shipment away.
- I learned about bell products as well as new computer programs that will help me.
- I found the management wasn't really management to every employer, would also do things most managers wouldn't do or allow things that shouldn't be aloud to be done on the – more... sales floor.
- Young, except for the two full-time employees who have been there for years.
- Trying to sell bell internet or home phone or even bell products, just very pricey especially for young people who can get say Koodo for half the price.
- Working with people, meeting new faces and have experience to take with me wherever I go. I also love working with technology, seeing new products come out was exciting. – less
Reviewing existing company- TheSource
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good job environment and fellows
Cons: have to sell service(mandatory)
TheSource is a Bell company. As a sales associate I feel it as a challenging job in terms of sells target. Management is pretty well and helpful. There are many training and learning opportunities inside the work arena.
The most enjoyable part of the job is, it is an electronics store and I love handling it.
Its a okay company
Store Manger (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 8, 2014
I worked for the store for over a month and worked the store up from a B store to A store its a good company to work for but to may changes with the team...
Productive place! Fun environment and great learning experiance
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 11, 2013
Great place to work. The people I work with are very nice and willing to help anyone out. I learned a lot about electronics. I love being able to play with toys and watch people have fun with them.
Great place to work if you like a family atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 27, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: need sales of cellular and satellite or you are out.
Start the day opening the store, helping customers find either the electronics that they need or the parts necessary. The store can quickly develop into a friendly family atmosphere that leads to a reduced stress environment.
Fast-paced work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Prince Rupert, BCSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: commissions
Cons: studying online was very time consuming
Open up and start up all electronics, count tills, sign into accounts, study upcoming merchandise, online tests. Most enjoyable part was a successful sale to a customer.
Cashier/Salesperson (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2013
Busy
Customer service skills and electronics
Management was great
Co-works were helpful, friendly and productive
Great job, great customers, poor company choices.
Sales Associate/Wireless Expert/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New Minas, NSAugust 2, 2013
Pros: great comissions and discounts on services.
Cons: poor management at times, head office making poor decisions.
I worked at The Source for several years, enjoyed the job and it's challenges, loved the customers, some managers were amazing, some horrid, over all the companies direction over the last few year's, especially since being bought by Bell, have gone down hill.
Depending on your manager, whether they want to run their store as a business, or just somewhere – more... for them to hide away and draw a pay will entirely change your experience when working for this company. – less
Fun with technology and earn money
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: contest prizes
Cons: long hours
- I am enjoying to work with source.
- i have learned every time different technology with different product.
- Currently i am performing leadership role and learned management level with routine operation.
- To work in sales - more chances to raise conflict with co-workers for sales as individual sales target given .
- un- organise structure
- commission – more... with extra bonuses. – less
Store Manager
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 21, 2013
Pros: lots of cool stuff, always something to do, you are encouraged to play with your products
Cons: too much clutter, hard to focus on the sales with so much operational preassure.
The company is currently in transition from one entity to another since it's purchase from Bell.

It still has lots of old "Radio Shack" habits and sees it self as a store of gadgets, doodads, and random electronics. It has a renewed focus on wireless for virgin and bell.

Stores are very difficult to manage because the company keeps a very low employee – more... to customer ratio, but would like to take a professional solution selling approach with big ticket items, wireless in particular. However they offer very little training to the managers, and very old systems to support them. You will find many thousands of sku's packed into a little store, with mountains of clearance product, and very little staff. This makes it difficult to keep such stores operating at a high level with a strong sales focus. The head office likes to think of the organization as sales focused, however the policies they have in place drive the company like radio shack where staff are just cashiers and store care takers.

Keep in mind this was years back, and the company was in major transition. It could be very different now with Bell at the helm as when I left there had been many changes at the executive to senior levels of the company. – less
Fun Place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Olds, ABJune 19, 2013
Worked at the Source for Work Experince thourgh the High School and really enjoyed it. The Staff are very friendly and helpful.
Not a strong enough emphasis on training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Golden, BCMay 17, 2013
Poor training systems, poor management, store values are out dated.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONMay 17, 2013
Pros: engaging work
Cons: off hour operations
I had a great experience working at this institution. The management was extremely helpful and the work was engaging and interesting. My peers were great and everyone was on an "All-For-One and One-For-All" philosophy. Definitely and overall great place to be apart of.
Challenging, fast paced work environment with lots to learn.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 8, 2013
Pros: excellent potential compensation for hitting targets, excellent environment to develop management skills.
Cons: heavy work load, long hours, conflicting demands between head office and regional supervisors, earned more money working as an assistant manager.
The Source was an excellent place to learn but my experiences there suffered as a result from the high-stress environment imposed by management and a lack of feedback.

-The learning curve as a new manager was very steep, with extensive systems with which to become familiar in a very short time.
-Wonderful coworkers, particularly amongst fellow managers – more... helped considerably.
-Company is very focussed upon achieving particular sales goals and offers generous compensation for employees who excel at these targets.
-Compensation for achieving targets is limited in smaller volume stores. – less
Was an amazing place to work!!!
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Barrie Bayview DriveMay 8, 2013
Pros: everything
Worked there through Christmas rush in the e-commerce department in Barrie through a temp agency and it was a wonderful fast paced environment. I truly wish I could get back in there full-time. Not sure what else I can do to make that happen but they sure would have a loyal employee in ME!!! Daniel Breier
Very productive workplace environment with amazing training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Collingwood On.April 30, 2013
Pros: spiffs/commision and the product knowledge.
Cons: the dead days.
It was a great experience working for this company. I learned so much about setting up a cellphone to setting up a laptop. How to clean a T.V properly, everything needed to know about a Apple product. There was a wide range of electronic training which made work that much better.
The perfect part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONApril 16, 2013
Pros: co-workers, experience
Cons: slow days
My time working at the source was more than pleasant, I was often able to arrange my hours accordingly to fit my (at the time) high school lifestyle. Another great thing was the people and environment, everyone was always happy and got along great, it was like a little work family. Being the only girl at the time i was judged by my knowledge towards – more... technology, this helped me to set goals for myself and learn a abundance of new things including sharpening my people skills and problem solving. – less
The Source
Part Time, Shift Leader/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 12, 2013
Working at the Source has been and still is a learning experience. I started as a sales associate in August and quickly became a second key holder after my first month. When the new position of Shift Leader was created, they had promoted my title to such. A typical day is where we help people find what they need, mostly batteries, and talk to them about – more... their cellular phones and plans as well as their home services. We provide Mobile services with Bell and Virgin as well as Bell Residential Services (BRS).

I have learned a lot more about electronics than I did when I started. I learned how activations work for cell phones as well as home services, learned how to talk with the representatives that people deal with when they have questions/concerns. Learned the variety of management tasks in a retail store such as shipments that come in, that we have to send out with proper procedures, organization of all products as well as providing proper paperwork to ensure we can track our products, sales and trends for analysis later down the road.

Management puts a lot of emphasis and pressure on selling cell phones and BRS. Typically, the changes from management will derive from the high traffic/selling stores which makes it difficult for smaller less frequented stores to be successful. Quotas are most often than not higher than we predict to being able to sell. Incentives change but mostly benefit the larger high traffic/selling stores. On the other hand, Management does provide us with aid when we are in need.

The hardest part of the job is convincing people to come to Bell for home services as well as mobile services. Most people in my area have had bad experiences in the past and cannot see the changes that Bell has done in the past 2 years. They are also not eligible for the new services Bell has which surpasses the quality of their services as well as making it affordable when comparing. Most people already have a cell phone and are on contract. The second hardest part to this is making sure they don't have bad credit, if they do, they cannot get these services or have to put down a deposit to get them.

What I do enjoy with the job is being able to talk to people without a script and be professional and friendly. We have a variety of different customers and we try to have fun with them depending on their moods and if we have a line up. My co-workers are fantastic and always make it enjoyable. When we do sell a lot, we make a good amount of commission on top of our wages. – less

About The Source

The Source, (legal name The Source (Bell) Electronics Inc.) formerly known as RadioShack and later as The Source by Circuit City, – Read more