The Source Employee Reviews in Canada

Never work here.
Spirit crushing (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Easily one of the worst jobs I've every had, under the management of the current Ottawa head-manager, and many others. 42 employees (6 of them managers) through my store in 19 months. Horrible.
Great-paying job for part-timers, poorly run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 7, 2016
Salary is minimum wage plus commission (max 5%) and 12% on warranties, plus base constants for service sales ($10 for a hardware upgrade). The company is very poorly run, however; we use a website called DayForce to book our availability and check our schedules and my most recent manager (though required by the policies of the company to book around my availability, which was quite open for a high school student) would frequently book me on days I couldn't work or during school hours and I had to repeatedly remind him of my availability. My coworkers were super friendly; I have no complaints on that front. Unfortunately for customers, The Source is getting rid of its small parts section which is what many have relied on us for over the years (as we sued to be Radio Shack) and since Bell has bought us out they are pushing their services at home and on mobile and not focusing on goods sales which they could profit greatly from. The best deals offered through Bell are offered at The Source, however.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, great pay
Cons
Company doesn't understand needs of customers, part timers required to work minimum 24 hours a week which doesn't leave much time for school work
Life working at The Source
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONOctober 6, 2015
The Source was a great place I did co-op at. I learned how to deal with customers, and co-workers. At first, I was not comfortable talking with public but after working at The Source I feel a lot more comfortable dealing with public. Many new people come at The Source to buy different items, and I would easily be able to help them. It was a great experience working at The Source as I learned how to organize, manage and run a store.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Worked for a limited time
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BCNovember 16, 2015
learned what was like to work on commission.
learned about daily goals, to get a bigger commission
management was good
co workers were friendly easy to talk to
part of job, not being so shy to be able to obtain my daily goal
most enjoyable part, meeting people. helping customers.
Wouldn't recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, ABOctober 3, 2015
I worked for this company for a short time due too the lack of trading, lack of paying out commition, lack of job security, and so on. The managers try and sweet talk you into staying longer with no future. The DM in the area I was in had to be the worst person I have never met in my life. Arrogant stuck up. Belittles employees.
Pros
Cons
Typical over worked, under paid, horrible management at all levels
Do not work here!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BCSeptember 22, 2015
This by far is the worst company I have ever worked for. All they ask you to do is sell cell phone. The management is always on your head to sell the targeted cell phones and whoever does that is favoured. However, if you fail to do so you have high chances of getting fired. While interviewing they never metioned about this, however the reality is completely different. All they do here is up selling. They try to convince customers in every possible way to buy a new cell phone or to get a warranty. This is how they make commission. If you are a true sales person who loves to sell cell phones, then this is your place!
Pros
Commision
Cons
Everything!
The Source
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Fun environment to work, lots of knowledge can be obtained about newly released technology. Management is great they help you develop yourself in customer service and sales. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not being able to meet sales quotas. The most enjoyable part is try out many of the new phones, laptops and tablets when they are released.
Pros
trying newly released technology
Cons
not meeting quotas
Fun and Friendly Staff with comfortable work environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, AncasterSeptember 1, 2015
The Source was an exciting work place with friendly staff. The focus was put too heavily on signing customers to cell phone contracts. The training in terms of daily functions such as P.O.S. use was good but when it came to processing Bell Services and cell phone contracts there was very little training given and in some cases customers would lose confidence in my sales ability as a result.
Pros
Low Stress Work Environment
Cons
Inadequate Job Training
The work place was filled with many customers leaving happily with new products and helpful customer service.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Quesnel BCAugust 17, 2015
Typical day at The Source was having customers come in looking for nothing in specific but then leaving happily with a product that they found and became curious about and wanted further information which I would to my best extent elaborate and show by example how the product works, what the product is used for and where the product can be used. Management was a little more difficult for we had our store manager leave the company and we were with no manager for a month which helped us focus more on helping each one another and informing one another on products that we had no information of. During this work experience I learned much about customer support.
Pros
Flexible hours
Not a good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 18, 2015
Promoted me to a manage a small store, and closed it after i turned around all the numbers to improve.

Did not re locate me after wasting 5 years of my life with this company
Pros
no pros
Cons
management
management
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
Conflict of interests from higher management has never been dealt with appropriately. All associates in the store are treated as replaceable if any personal Inquiries are made.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  100 Mile House, BCNovember 27, 2015
Being one of the first ones to work in the 100 Mile House location. It was a great learning experience working with great managers. Learning from the ground up.
Learning Environment with good Management
Technical Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJuly 4, 2015
I started working at The Source on 28 March 2015. I still remember that day when I first met my all colleagues and how they well behaved with me. I am working as Part-time Sales Associate but still I am learning a lot of things daily. Our Manager Paul is really Professional at work and knows everything about Retail-Sales. I learnt so many things starting from my basics to getting involved more into customer problems from him. The best thing I like working here are my colleagues. When I started there I knew nothing about Sales and they helped me at every moment they found me in trouble. Now I achieve my all monthly objectives pretty easily.
Pros
Paid Break Time
Cons
No cons
Great work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Langford, BCNovember 3, 2015
People were very nice at the Source, well informed, and very helpful. The manager at the time was nice, somewhat understanding, and helpful.
Great management at the St. Albert location, nice working conditions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABMay 21, 2015
I worked with several friends as sales associates which helped to create a family type working environment. Management was friendly and always on the ball. Great job for sharpening social skills, especially when approaching strangers. Probably met and conversed with every type of person in my time there. Competition for sales kept things interesting.
Pros
Great working environment in general
Cons
Difficult sales expectations
Good retail level position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FrederictonJune 12, 2015
The Source will keep you very busy, if you are an active person you will have no problems keeping occupied. Sales goals are a little harsh at times. Good potential to earn higher wage.
Pros
Decent discount on select merchandise, Interaction with the public
Cons
Harsh Sales Goals, Pressure, Interaction with the public
To many Yes people not knowing retail
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJuly 13, 2015
Would not recommend this company to anyone, always changing direction it is going in every three to four mouths. Large staff turnover and store management does not know what it is doing.
Pros
35% discount on Bell services
Cons
unreliable for hours
The Source
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 12, 2015
Helping customers find electronic gadgets. Cleaning and putting out stock. Keeping your section of the store clean. Answering the phone and e-mailing people. Selling cell phones and satellite tv for Bell/Virgin. It's a typical retail environment but if you're good you can make good commission.
Pros
It can be fun.
Cons
Crabby customers which is retail for you. Satellite TV that no one wants
fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2015
working at food chain store or pharmacy involved operating cash registers, stocking, managing cash, continues interaction with customers and co-workers for a better and quality customer service. scanning product, find the right products codes if missing by communicating with other co-workers at different department.
Pros
fair break hour
Cons
Not a great place to work
Many different positions (Former Employee) –  Niagara RegionApril 20, 2015
Expect to live and breathe The Source. A typical day is to sell cellular and home services, warranties and everything else you can possibly talk the customer into buying. Yes, you are being tracked on your sales, and no it doesn't matter if it's busy or not. Typical corporate sales culture; if that 90 year old lady comes into the store, you better be talking her into high-speed internet and a Galaxy S6 on a high end data plan, with a warranty, and screen protector, and case, and car charger, and screen cleaner, and a USB, and some batteries with a warranty. My coworkers were awesome, and the best part of the job by far. They were the only reason I worked there for any length of time.
Pros
Discount on cellular and home services
Cons
Everything else