The Source

The Source Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The best job I've ever had
Manager (Former Employee), Sherwood parkJanuary 9, 2016
I have no idea why I left this job. It was the best job as far as any kind of motivation, training, support in and out of work. The mentors they place you with are knowledgeable, respectful and kind. Everyone who I've ever encountered in this job is 100% amazing! If I could go back I would go back in a flash.
Better Than Most Jobs - Sales Associate
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
Pros: Great products, learning about what products are better than others and when to purchase them at their lowest cost.
Cons: Terrible discounts for employees, coworkers smelled really bad, convincing customers to buy products you know personally aren't as good, overpriced items, long hours, staying longer than needed for closing.
I've had terrible jobs in the past it had made me appreciate working here more so than the rest however this is still a job with it's disappointments.

Though this place did show me that there were good versus bad products, this just came with the knowledge learned from the job. Many of what I already knew and could have assumed from the products were common sense. Working here definitely gave me the chance to know when the right time to purchase expensive items was.

The items that are often needed to function other products are priced at such a ridiculous amount.

Management and coworkers try and get along, but as they all try it will eventually become extremely boring while you're on your feet for the remaining hours of the day until the end of your shift. There is also an expectation to meet a certain goal/sales quota therefore the tense sense of competition feeds off into the environment. Coworker might have an unfair advantage for several reasons and then get the customer to purchase the item from them.

Oblivious customers who don't even know the difference to some cables at times. Just insane. "Come on, are you kidding me." Kinds of moments.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), 100 Mile House, BCNovember 27, 2015
Being one of the first ones to work in the 100 Mile House location. It was a great learning experience working with great managers. Learning from the ground up.
management
sales associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
Conflict of interests from higher management has never been dealt with appropriately. All associates in the store are treated as replaceable if any personal Inquiries are made.
Not a good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: management
Promoted me to a manage a small store, and closed it after i turned around all the numbers to improve.

Did not re locate me after wasting 5 years of my life with this company
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Prince Rupert, BCNovember 16, 2015
learned what was like to work on commission.
learned about daily goals, to get a bigger commission
management was good
co workers were friendly easy to talk to
part of job, not being so shy to be able to obtain my daily goal
most enjoyable part, meeting people. helping customers.
Great work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Langford, BCNovember 3, 2015
People were very nice at the Source, well informed, and very helpful. The manager at the time was nice, somewhat understanding, and helpful.
Life working at The Source
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ajax, ONOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Free time
Cons: Worked for a limited time
The Source was a great place I did co-op at. I learned how to deal with customers, and co-workers. At first, I was not comfortable talking with public but after working at The Source I feel a lot more comfortable dealing with public. Many new people come at The Source to buy different items, and I would easily be able to help them. It was a great experience working at The Source as I learned how to organize, manage and run a store.
Wouldn't recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrhead, ABOctober 3, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Typical over worked, under paid, horrible management at all levels
I worked for this company for a short time due too the lack of trading, lack of paying out commition, lack of job security, and so on. The managers try and sweet talk you into staying longer with no future. The DM in the area I was in had to be the worst person I have never met in my life. Arrogant stuck up. Belittles employees.
Do not work here!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BCSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Commision
Cons: Everything!
This by far is the worst company I have ever worked for. All they ask you to do is sell cell phone. The management is always on your head to sell the targeted cell phones and whoever does that is favoured. However, if you fail to do so you have high chances of getting fired. While interviewing they never metioned about this, however the reality is completely different. All they do here is up selling. They try to convince customers in every possible way to buy a new cell phone or to get a warranty. This is how they make commission. If you are a true sales person who loves to sell cell phones, then this is your place!
The Source
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: trying newly released technology
Cons: not meeting quotas
Fun environment to work, lots of knowledge can be obtained about newly released technology. Management is great they help you develop yourself in customer service and sales. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not being able to meet sales quotas. The most enjoyable part is try out many of the new phones, laptops and tablets when they are released.
Fun and Friendly Staff with comfortable work environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Hamilton, AncasterSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Low Stress Work Environment
Cons: Inadequate Job Training
The Source was an exciting work place with friendly staff. The focus was put too heavily on signing customers to cell phone contracts. The training in terms of daily functions such as P.O.S. use was good but when it came to processing Bell Services and cell phone contracts there was very little training given and in some cases customers would lose confidence in my sales ability as a result.
The work place was filled with many customers leaving happily with new products and helpful customer service.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Quesnel BCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Typical day at The Source was having customers come in looking for nothing in specific but then leaving happily with a product that they found and became curious about and wanted further information which I would to my best extent elaborate and show by example how the product works, what the product is used for and where the product can be used. Management was a little more difficult for we had our store manager leave the company and we were with no manager for a month which helped us focus more on helping each one another and informing one another on products that we had no information of. During this work experience I learned much about customer support.
Great place to work for career minded people
Marketplace Fulfillment foreperson (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 27, 2015
Great place to work if your looking for long term employment. Internal management support could use an overhaul, a typical work day consists of 8 plus hours daily but is flexible.
To many Yes people not knowing retail
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Milton, ONJuly 13, 2015
Pros: 35% discount on Bell services
Cons: unreliable for hours
Would not recommend this company to anyone, always changing direction it is going in every three to four mouths. Large staff turnover and store management does not know what it is doing.
Great place to get your feet wet
Intermediate All-Media Copywriter (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 9, 2015
Perfect for those starting out and looking for a place to gain experience. With the right drive and attitude, this is a good place to grow and advance a career
Learning Environment with good Management
Technical Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Paid Break Time
Cons: No cons
I started working at The Source on 28 March 2015. I still remember that day when I first met my all colleagues and how they well behaved with me. I am working as Part-time Sales Associate but still I am learning a lot of things daily. Our Manager Paul is really Professional at work and knows everything about Retail-Sales. I learnt so many things starting from my basics to getting involved more into customer problems from him. The best thing I like working here are my colleagues. When I started there I knew nothing about Sales and they helped me at every moment they found me in trouble. Now I achieve my all monthly objectives pretty easily.
The Worst of Bell
Cellular Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Squamish, BCJune 29, 2015
Pros: good shifts hours, convenient location
Cons: everything else you can imagine, inappropriate selling techniques, lack of ethics
The manager made excessive bad decisions, made daily miscommunication, had a bad memory, contradicted himself constantly, and did not have the store running to company standard which finally got corrected by the manager that replaced him. Beyond all that, it is commission-based and creates resentment when there is not enough traffic into the store, the priority is selling, not getting customers what is best for them, but getting them whatever Bell wants to shove out the door on them. I do not recommend this company to anyone unless they are aggressive and like forcing things on people for their own benefit, which will be rewarded by superiors who feed that mentality at the higher levels, and they do not provide the tools to be effective at giving them the sales they demand of you. Pass and go for Best Buy if you have a soul.
Stressful job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: short hours
I used to work as a Sales Associate/ Cashier, where I can help costumers to find what they looking for. It was stressful because it wasn't busy and everyone has a daily goal.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), pickering centreJune 13, 2015
pretty great place to werk. flexible in the way they treat their employees. didnt try to unnecessarily pressure you and allowed you to excel at your own comfortability.