The Source Employee Reviews

Great job, Great people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 February 2017
While employed as a Customer Service Representative at The Source , I learned how to be a team player, as well as a punctual salesman. I used my time management skills to receive stock when I wasn't needed on the sales floor. A successful sale always led to a good day. Which happened to be both the hardest , and most enjoyable parts of the job. Working for The Source I learned the importance of caring for one another .
Pros
Good sales training methods
Cons
Not enough stock space
Energetic environment especially during holiday season
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 February 2017
I was taken in as a seasonal employee to stock shelves and maintain order on the sales floor. When my interpersonal skills were noticed by the manager I was quickly moved from stocking to helping any and ever customer that walked in. As well I was being mentored by the assistant manager to cash customers out and improve their overall experience in the store.
Interacting with the customers was the most enjoyable part, especially when I was able to meet their every need.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Unsteady Hours
They need to listen to their employies more
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 February 2017
they need to learn to listen to their employies more and not blindly trust one manager over the rest of the staff. They also will force you to sell phone plans to meet the quoda, and that will pressure you to pressure customers to get phones when you know they didn't come in for a phone and would be much happier leaving without one.
Pros
fun customers
Cons
being forced to sell phone plans
Terrible company culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Terrible upper management.
No real process for onboarding.
Interview process was filled with lies about the state of the company and their employees.
No real direction (throw things at the wall and see what sticks).
Very subjective way of viewing their employees.
Favouritism is evident.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts on bell products
Cons
terrible company culture, wants "yes man/woman", no support
Great if you rock at sales
Sales Associate, part time (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 January 2017
If you enjoy sales, this is the job for you. You are rewarded both financially (commission) and socially, if you make the sale.

The people you work with are generally alright. Usually in the 17-25 yr age group.

Management is pretty cool, they are flexible and you can occasionally get a weekend off.
Pros
Commission, location, staff discount
Cons
Mostly weekends, minimum wage
A great enviornment and experiance for young workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 January 2017
Working at the Source teaches you how to be able to sell products confidently and with passion. You develop many skills to be able to target customers in to easily buying more than what they came in looking for. Everyone is friendly and ready to help each other out as well.
Pros
Commissions
The customers tend to be very nice!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON21 November 2016
We often spend time helping customers figure out how to use their electronics or setting up their phones. I have learned so much about electronics and I really enjoy helping people understand their electronics. The most enjoyable part is helping customers and they tell you that you are very nice for helping them!
A wonderful Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 November 2016
I loved this job and miss it very much. The manager was absolutely amazing and so was the staff. I learnt about how to run a store and how to train other new managers for their own stores. The hardest part of the job was leaving actually and the best part of the job was how wonderful the team worked together.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The buy over from bell
Great flexibility
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
I worked here over 5 years ago but it was nice because of the flexibility of the scheduling. If I needed a day off I was able to switch it a week in advance. I really liked being able to see all the new technology as it was coming out.
Pros
flexibility, tech savy interests
Cons
long hours if you were alone
Not bad at all.. i dony know why everyone is complaining
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2016
Honestly, the job is not bad. It just depends on what location you work at. Every employee has access to the sales of other associates from different locations in their district. I would recommend going to the busier locations if you want to make commission. Have a solid pitch for warranty and you'll be making lots of money just from that. Add in 3-4 phone activations, you'll have quite a pay cheque. If you are able to build relationships with the regulars they can be a good source of income for you as they refer you to their friends and family. Management can be wonky at times. The wort part of this job is the days where you do inventory, store set ups, changing prices day before new sales and checking prices. other than that, you could make a pretty good wage as a part time student especially if you work on busier days like the weekends.
very fun and exciting
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB8 October 2016
everyday was thrill. working with long time friends made every moment enjoyable. the hardest part of working at the source was not the people I worked with nor the customers, leaving the store was the hardest part.
Pros
employee discounts, spectacular managment, positive environment
Cons
no place to sit on breaks made working 8 to 10 hour shifts almost
the staff was nice to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC31 October 2016
They expected to much from u.. the hardest part of the job.. was trying push 2 cell phone a day.. in a small town.. my coworkers were is to work with.. The managerment was okay and somewhat easy to talk to..
Pros
working mall hours
Cons
when it came to work 5 hr shift.. you dont get breaks when you should get a 15 mins
Was boring annoying and tedious
Flyer Delivery (Former Employee) –  Thunder bay ON6 January 2017
Don't do it it's really not wasting hours on this low paying job, it's really not a good pay I stopped as soon as I can and I hope people realize it's not enjoyable
Pros
Cons
Took to long, to much energy, tedious, didnt pay enough and was just flat annoying
exellent enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME) (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 January 2017
Busy learning about all the new products, I learned about team work and the importance of good customer service. Great communication with co-workers make job so much easier.
Pros
Access to the newst in terms of cellphones
Cons
Not good pay
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
Fun to work at. You get to meet different people everyday from different works of life. The Source has a decent commission structure for the sales associates. However, the working schedules could be better since they were really inconsistent.
Absolutely The Worst Management Position Ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2016
Very poor communication and training for new managers. Extremely high expectations of staff and management on the sales floor. High commission sales pressure position. Sales and commission sales must be reported daily and goals achieved. High school like attitudes when those goals are not met. Very poor communication skills by most upper management. Overall not a place I'd recommend to work unless you can handle bull garbage and backstabbing.
Pros
Some discounts on items although not great
Cons
Way to many to list but #1 is upper management
Good co workers and work enviornment/ bad management
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 January 2017
Good co workers and good enviornment.
Compensation is low and management is constantly changing and we keep having to train our managers.
Looking for an upgrade
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Low hours
Best commission structure in Alberta in retail
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 January 2017
You easily make $10 more every hour if you are willing to sell. That's all you gotta do. Great health benefits, health and safety top notch, just keep up with your management team and you will succeed :)
Challenging but rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Acton, ON3 February 2017
To succeed at this job you must put the effort in to ask questions but also take the initiative to learn on your own. You must be able to remain motivated and be willing to put your full effort into satisfying customer needs.
What a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON15 February 2017
Working at The Source was not a good experience what so ever. The management took all commissions and were not willing to train. The management would also favor other staff members and allow complacency.