The Source Employee Reviews

A wonderful Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 November 2016
I loved this job and miss it very much. The manager was absolutely amazing and so was the staff. I learnt about how to run a store and how to train other new managers for their own stores. The hardest part of the job was leaving actually and the best part of the job was how wonderful the team worked together.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The buy over from bell
Absolutely The Worst Management Position Ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2016
Very poor communication and training for new managers. Extremely high expectations of staff and management on the sales floor. High commission sales pressure position. Sales and commission sales must be reported daily and goals achieved. High school like attitudes when those goals are not met. Very poor communication skills by most upper management. Overall not a place I'd recommend to work unless you can handle bull garbage and backstabbing.
Pros
Some discounts on items although not great
Cons
Way to many to list but #1 is upper management
The customers tend to be very nice!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON21 November 2016
We often spend time helping customers figure out how to use their electronics or setting up their phones. I have learned so much about electronics and I really enjoy helping people understand their electronics. The most enjoyable part is helping customers and they tell you that you are very nice for helping them!
very fun and exciting
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB8 October 2016
everyday was thrill. working with long time friends made every moment enjoyable. the hardest part of working at the source was not the people I worked with nor the customers, leaving the store was the hardest part.
Pros
employee discounts, spectacular managment, positive environment
Cons
no place to sit on breaks made working 8 to 10 hour shifts almost
Not bad at all.. i dony know why everyone is complaining
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2016
Honestly, the job is not bad. It just depends on what location you work at. Every employee has access to the sales of other associates from different locations in their district. I would recommend going to the busier locations if you want to make commission. Have a solid pitch for warranty and you'll be making lots of money just from that. Add in 3-4 phone activations, you'll have quite a pay cheque. If you are able to build relationships with the regulars they can be a good source of income for you as they refer you to their friends and family. Management can be wonky at times. The wort part of this job is the days where you do inventory, store set ups, changing prices day before new sales and checking prices. other than that, you could make a pretty good wage as a part time student especially if you work on busier days like the weekends.
the staff was nice to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC31 October 2016
They expected to much from u.. the hardest part of the job.. was trying push 2 cell phone a day.. in a small town.. my coworkers were is to work with.. The managerment was okay and somewhat easy to talk to..
Pros
working mall hours
Cons
when it came to work 5 hr shift.. you dont get breaks when you should get a 15 mins
Fun and high technology place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2016
Our days were filled with customers with technology, computer or cellphone concerns or requirements. I learned a lot of stuff about electronic, computer and cellphone technology. Management was okay. My co-workers were okay. Hardest part about the job was keeping up with new technology. Everyday was enjoyable at The Source.
Pros
High technology education
Cons
Low wages.
Great work place, management is too pushy
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2016
Great co workers, gained lots of experience, their training is really good as well. However the high up management is extremely pushy on staff to sell sell sell. It was a great job before they changed the pay structure to include commission and incentives.
fun workplace great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK11 July 2016
would help customers where needed, would activate phone contracts able to multi task and the coworkers were very helpful when needed. the thing i most enjoyed was opening and closing the store, it gave me a good feeling that i was learning at a quicker speed.
Cons
not enough hours
fun but high pressure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  square one29 April 2016
i really do enjoy working at the source and i love the customer service aspect of the job like, uncovering needs, helping the customer satisfy there wants with high amount of product knowledge, but the high amount of pressure that is given to sell a phone service/phone when a customer walks in the store for an unrelated product makes me feel nervous at times. Also when the unsuccessful cross over from product to phone conversation happens you manager gives the, "what happened" eyes. overall disregarding the pressure i really enjoy helping customers with consumer electronics.
Pros
customer related experience
Cons
high load of pressure
Splended
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON22 September 2016
long, how to cell phones, can be unorganized - who isn't at times, co workers are great, some customers can be difficult - again who isn't at times, the environment
benefits
Cons
shift changes without notice
Not what it used to be
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 September 2016
This was a great company to work for before Bell took it over. The focus used to be on helping the customer find what they are looking for but now it's all about doing one thing, Selling Cell Phones.
Learning Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2016
I enjoy the personal interaction with the customers/members and assisting them with their banking needs.
I was also doing meeting arrangements with catering, which i enjoyed doing very much.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
Too Far
Entertaining and tec savvy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB25 June 2016
Enjoyed being part of the team, up selling customers, fixing basic customer electronic issues, hardest part was probably the slow days when all the work was done, learned a bit about computers and cell phones
Fun and Enjoyable
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB8 September 2016
-Management was encouraging
-Enjoyed my co-workers
-Job position training was very detailed
-Working with customers and helping them with their needs
Gotta love the retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2016
It was fun working for the company, while it lasted. The company decided to close a lot of their stores down, however luckily enough I was able to transfer.
Good wireless training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC28 April 2016
Worked for The Source for 8 years. Until one day I was told we have to let you go due to a business decision. Sad to say but the company does not stand by their staff.
Pros
Cellular discount
Cons
Company does not stand by their staff.Lack of training.Poor upper management.
Decent place to work, though few hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS22 February 2016
I enjoyed working at the source very much. The East coast cell phone market though is really over saturated and you essentially make your money selling cell phone and tablet contracts. They promised me 40 hrs a week I was lucky to get 8.... that's where it hit me hard... you can't pay the bills on minimum wage for 8 hours a week.
Pros
30% off of your Bell services and great benefits if you work full time at 6 months, management is very skilled and super nice
Cons
Few hours and minimum wage for floor sales plus commission - you really have to hussle your sales
Extremely positive retail company with emphasis on sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 June 2016
I learned how to sell here, with great managers and supervisors to train you throughout the process. I loved working at The Source.
Poor support from upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 April 2016
Avoid like the plague. No work life balance, constant changing of company focus. Just don't. The company is schizophrenic. I give it two years. Stores have no stock and it's impossible to do everything they expect in a day. You do management duties without the pay.