The Source Employee Reviews

exellent enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME) (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 January 2017
Busy learning about all the new products, I learned about team work and the importance of good customer service. Great communication with co-workers make job so much easier.
Pros
Access to the newst in terms of cellphones
Cons
Not good pay
Great flexibility
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
I worked here over 5 years ago but it was nice because of the flexibility of the scheduling. If I needed a day off I was able to switch it a week in advance. I really liked being able to see all the new technology as it was coming out.
Pros
flexibility, tech savy interests
Cons
long hours if you were alone
Good co workers and work enviornment/ bad management
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 January 2017
Good co workers and good enviornment.
Compensation is low and management is constantly changing and we keep having to train our managers.
Looking for an upgrade
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Low hours
Was boring annoying and tedious
Flyer Delivery (Former Employee) –  Thunder bay ON6 January 2017
Don't do it it's really not wasting hours on this low paying job, it's really not a good pay I stopped as soon as I can and I hope people realize it's not enjoyable
Pros
Cons
Took to long, to much energy, tedious, didnt pay enough and was just flat annoying
A great enviornment and experiance for young workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 January 2017
Working at the Source teaches you how to be able to sell products confidently and with passion. You develop many skills to be able to target customers in to easily buying more than what they came in looking for. Everyone is friendly and ready to help each other out as well.
Pros
Commissions
Amazing
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 December 2016
It provided a fun environment. Co workers were also very sweet and kind as well as the managers they were extremely caring and understanding. Flexible hours.
Pros
Breaks were good
Great experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2016
Amazing time so far great people and always something new going on to keep things interesting. Learning so many things that can be applied to everyday life and more.
Amazing Job
Customer Representative, Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 December 2016
Amazing Management.
Learned a lot of amazing things there that helped me advance in my career and in life.
Managers are very supportive and always there to help you with any "speed bump" that occurs in your path.
great staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 December 2016
The staff I worked with were amazing and very supportive. Doing schedules and working with all of my staff was amazing. We supported each other during sales and worked well together.
The customers tend to be very nice!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON21 November 2016
We often spend time helping customers figure out how to use their electronics or setting up their phones. I have learned so much about electronics and I really enjoy helping people understand their electronics. The most enjoyable part is helping customers and they tell you that you are very nice for helping them!
A wonderful Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 November 2016
I loved this job and miss it very much. The manager was absolutely amazing and so was the staff. I learnt about how to run a store and how to train other new managers for their own stores. The hardest part of the job was leaving actually and the best part of the job was how wonderful the team worked together.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The buy over from bell
Not bad at all.. i dony know why everyone is complaining
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2016
Honestly, the job is not bad. It just depends on what location you work at. Every employee has access to the sales of other associates from different locations in their district. I would recommend going to the busier locations if you want to make commission. Have a solid pitch for warranty and you'll be making lots of money just from that. Add in 3-4 phone activations, you'll have quite a pay cheque. If you are able to build relationships with the regulars they can be a good source of income for you as they refer you to their friends and family. Management can be wonky at times. The wort part of this job is the days where you do inventory, store set ups, changing prices day before new sales and checking prices. other than that, you could make a pretty good wage as a part time student especially if you work on busier days like the weekends.
the staff was nice to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC31 October 2016
They expected to much from u.. the hardest part of the job.. was trying push 2 cell phone a day.. in a small town.. my coworkers were is to work with.. The managerment was okay and somewhat easy to talk to..
Pros
working mall hours
Cons
when it came to work 5 hr shift.. you dont get breaks when you should get a 15 mins
very fun and exciting
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB8 October 2016
everyday was thrill. working with long time friends made every moment enjoyable. the hardest part of working at the source was not the people I worked with nor the customers, leaving the store was the hardest part.
Pros
employee discounts, spectacular managment, positive environment
Cons
no place to sit on breaks made working 8 to 10 hour shifts almost
Splended
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON22 September 2016
long, how to cell phones, can be unorganized - who isn't at times, co workers are great, some customers can be difficult - again who isn't at times, the environment
benefits
Cons
shift changes without notice
Fun and Enjoyable
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB8 September 2016
-Management was encouraging
-Enjoyed my co-workers
-Job position training was very detailed
-Working with customers and helping them with their needs
Not what it used to be
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 September 2016
This was a great company to work for before Bell took it over. The focus used to be on helping the customer find what they are looking for but now it's all about doing one thing, Selling Cell Phones.
Absolutely The Worst Management Position Ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2016
Very poor communication and training for new managers. Extremely high expectations of staff and management on the sales floor. High commission sales pressure position. Sales and commission sales must be reported daily and goals achieved. High school like attitudes when those goals are not met. Very poor communication skills by most upper management. Overall not a place I'd recommend to work unless you can handle bull garbage and backstabbing.
Pros
Some discounts on items although not great
Cons
Way to many to list but #1 is upper management
Great work place, management is too pushy
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2016
Great co workers, gained lots of experience, their training is really good as well. However the high up management is extremely pushy on staff to sell sell sell. It was a great job before they changed the pay structure to include commission and incentives.
Gotta love the retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2016
It was fun working for the company, while it lasted. The company decided to close a lot of their stores down, however luckily enough I was able to transfer.