The Source Employee Reviews in Canada

Friendly and competitive work environment
Sales associate seasonal (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 21, 2016
Very friendly and positive work environment.
Cooperative and supportive management.
Learn t lot of things which really give good start to my carrier.
fun but high pressure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  square oneApril 29, 2016
i really do enjoy working at the source and i love the customer service aspect of the job like, uncovering needs, helping the customer satisfy there wants with high amount of product knowledge, but the high amount of pressure that is given to sell a phone service/phone when a customer walks in the store for an unrelated product makes me feel nervous at times. Also when the unsuccessful cross over from product to phone conversation happens you manager gives the, "what happened" eyes. overall disregarding the pressure i really enjoy helping customers with consumer electronics.
Pros
customer related experience
Cons
high load of pressure
Apologies
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 28, 2016
It seems Indeed auto populated two duplicate positions. This is simply to reach the word count necessary to continue developing my profile.
Pros
Accidental
Cons
Hopefully I can delete at some point in this process
Good wireless training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCApril 28, 2016
Worked for The Source for 8 years. Until one day I was told we have to let you go due to a business decision. Sad to say but the company does not stand by their staff.
Pros
Cellular discount
Cons
Company does not stand by their staff.Lack of training.Poor upper management.
Poor support from upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioApril 11, 2016
Avoid like the plague. No work life balance, constant changing of company focus. Just don't. The company is schizophrenic. I give it two years. Stores have no stock and it's impossible to do everything they expect in a day. You do management duties without the pay.
It was okay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 7, 2016
It was a good place to help me be good at customer service, I worked with really fantastic people. Didn't feel like I could move on p in the company like I had desired. Didn't feel appreciated with my work.
Pros
Phone bill discount
Cons
Unable to move up ladder.
an ok place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 21, 2016
you can make good money at the source but the demand placed on you to sell phones is a bit much . if you like to sell phones and are a good salesman you should be fine
Pros
spiffs
Cons
pressured to sell phones
The source ?
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
i enjoyed it, and after a while of being there, it did get slow, and alittle boring for my taste, maybe it was just the location that i worked at but it was a slow paced job i felt.
Pretty relaxing job
Customer Service Sales (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 26, 2016
It was a good job, min wage at the time. But it was fun different each day and lots of interacting with customers. I had a great boss and the management at the time was great,
Pros
diffrent all the time
Cons
Minimal hours at times
Never work here.
Spirit crushing (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Easily one of the worst jobs I've every had, under the management of the current Ottawa head-manager, and many others. 42 employees (6 of them managers) through my store in 19 months. Horrible.
Decent place to work, though few hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSFebruary 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at the source very much. The East coast cell phone market though is really over saturated and you essentially make your money selling cell phone and tablet contracts. They promised me 40 hrs a week I was lucky to get 8.... that's where it hit me hard... you can't pay the bills on minimum wage for 8 hours a week.
Pros
30% off of your Bell services and great benefits if you work full time at 6 months, management is very skilled and super nice
Cons
Few hours and minimum wage for floor sales plus commission - you really have to hussle your sales
Was a fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
had tons of fun learning how to activate cellphones, talking with customers. and having it at a mall location made it really fun working there during the Winter season
Pros
the discount
Cons
was often a quite store
The best job I've ever had
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood parkJanuary 9, 2016
I have no idea why I left this job. It was the best job as far as any kind of motivation, training, support in and out of work. The mentors they place you with are knowledgeable, respectful and kind. Everyone who I've ever encountered in this job is 100% amazing! If I could go back I would go back in a flash.
Better Than Most Jobs - Sales Associate
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
I've had terrible jobs in the past it had made me appreciate working here more so than the rest however this is still a job with it's disappointments.

Though this place did show me that there were good versus bad products, this just came with the knowledge learned from the job. Many of what I already knew and could have assumed from the products were common sense. Working here definitely gave me the chance to know when the right time to purchase expensive items was.

The items that are often needed to function other products are priced at such a ridiculous amount.

Management and coworkers try and get along, but as they all try it will eventually become extremely boring while you're on your feet for the remaining hours of the day until the end of your shift. There is also an expectation to meet a certain goal/sales quota therefore the tense sense of competition feeds off into the environment. Coworker might have an unfair advantage for several reasons and then get the customer to purchase the item from them.

Oblivious customers who don't even know the difference to some cables at times. Just insane. "Come on, are you kidding me." Kinds of moments.
Pros
Great products, learning about what products are better than others and when to purchase them at their lowest cost.
Cons
Terrible discounts for employees, coworkers smelled really bad, convincing customers to buy products you know personally aren't as good, overpriced items, long hours, staying longer than needed for closing.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  100 Mile House, BCNovember 27, 2015
Being one of the first ones to work in the 100 Mile House location. It was a great learning experience working with great managers. Learning from the ground up.
management
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
Conflict of interests from higher management has never been dealt with appropriately. All associates in the store are treated as replaceable if any personal Inquiries are made.
Not a good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 18, 2015
Promoted me to a manage a small store, and closed it after i turned around all the numbers to improve.

Did not re locate me after wasting 5 years of my life with this company
Pros
no pros
Cons
management
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BCNovember 16, 2015
learned what was like to work on commission.
learned about daily goals, to get a bigger commission
management was good
co workers were friendly easy to talk to
part of job, not being so shy to be able to obtain my daily goal
most enjoyable part, meeting people. helping customers.
Great work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Langford, BCNovember 3, 2015
People were very nice at the Source, well informed, and very helpful. The manager at the time was nice, somewhat understanding, and helpful.
Life working at The Source
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONOctober 6, 2015
The Source was a great place I did co-op at. I learned how to deal with customers, and co-workers. At first, I was not comfortable talking with public but after working at The Source I feel a lot more comfortable dealing with public. Many new people come at The Source to buy different items, and I would easily be able to help them. It was a great experience working at The Source as I learned how to organize, manage and run a store.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Worked for a limited time