The Source Employee Reviews

Great job, Great people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 February 2017
While employed as a Customer Service Representative at The Source , I learned how to be a team player, as well as a punctual salesman. I used my time management skills to receive stock when I wasn't needed on the sales floor. A successful sale always led to a good day. Which happened to be both the hardest , and most enjoyable parts of the job. Working for The Source I learned the importance of caring for one another .
Pros
Good sales training methods
Cons
Not enough stock space
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
Fun to work at. You get to meet different people everyday from different works of life. The Source has a decent commission structure for the sales associates. However, the working schedules could be better since they were really inconsistent.
They need to listen to their employies more
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 February 2017
they need to learn to listen to their employies more and not blindly trust one manager over the rest of the staff. They also will force you to sell phone plans to meet the quoda, and that will pressure you to pressure customers to get phones when you know they didn't come in for a phone and would be much happier leaving without one.
Pros
fun customers
Cons
being forced to sell phone plans
good company good people
Cashier, Stock (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB18 February 2017
it is a good company with good staff and a decent working environment. Alot of technology to learn about and alot of online training. Good commission.
Super place to Manage
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atholville, NB17 February 2017
Great place to work. Was more or less my own boss. Ran store to provide best customer service. Hired a good team to relay my message. Good support from upper management
What a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON15 February 2017
Working at The Source was not a good experience what so ever. The management took all commissions and were not willing to train. The management would also favor other staff members and allow complacency.
Nice and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ON14 February 2017
As a sales associate, we interact with people solving there problems and leading them to the right direction. Handle money, stocking, customer service.
Energetic environment especially during holiday season
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 February 2017
I was taken in as a seasonal employee to stock shelves and maintain order on the sales floor. When my interpersonal skills were noticed by the manager I was quickly moved from stocking to helping any and ever customer that walked in. As well I was being mentored by the assistant manager to cash customers out and improve their overall experience in the store.
Interacting with the customers was the most enjoyable part, especially when I was able to meet their every need.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Unsteady Hours
Challenging but rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Acton, ON3 February 2017
To succeed at this job you must put the effort in to ask questions but also take the initiative to learn on your own. You must be able to remain motivated and be willing to put your full effort into satisfying customer needs.
Best commission structure in Alberta in retail
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 January 2017
You easily make $10 more every hour if you are willing to sell. That's all you gotta do. Great health benefits, health and safety top notch, just keep up with your management team and you will succeed :)
Reasonable job,
Sales Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
Decent job, i guess the only con would be the associates. Not very motivated on success or meeting their goals.
But it is a Bell company, with decent pay, okay commission rates and fast paced environment.
Great if you rock at sales
Sales Associate, part time (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 January 2017
If you enjoy sales, this is the job for you. You are rewarded both financially (commission) and socially, if you make the sale.

The people you work with are generally alright. Usually in the 17-25 yr age group.

Management is pretty cool, they are flexible and you can occasionally get a weekend off.
Pros
Commission, location, staff discount
Cons
Mostly weekends, minimum wage
Terrible company culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Terrible upper management.
No real process for onboarding.
Interview process was filled with lies about the state of the company and their employees.
No real direction (throw things at the wall and see what sticks).
Very subjective way of viewing their employees.
Favouritism is evident.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts on bell products
Cons
terrible company culture, wants "yes man/woman", no support
exellent enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME) (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 January 2017
Busy learning about all the new products, I learned about team work and the importance of good customer service. Great communication with co-workers make job so much easier.
Pros
Access to the newst in terms of cellphones
Cons
Not good pay
Great flexibility
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
I worked here over 5 years ago but it was nice because of the flexibility of the scheduling. If I needed a day off I was able to switch it a week in advance. I really liked being able to see all the new technology as it was coming out.
Pros
flexibility, tech savy interests
Cons
long hours if you were alone
Good co workers and work enviornment/ bad management
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 January 2017
Good co workers and good enviornment.
Compensation is low and management is constantly changing and we keep having to train our managers.
Looking for an upgrade
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Low hours
Was boring annoying and tedious
Flyer Delivery (Former Employee) –  Thunder bay ON6 January 2017
Don't do it it's really not wasting hours on this low paying job, it's really not a good pay I stopped as soon as I can and I hope people realize it's not enjoyable
Pros
Cons
Took to long, to much energy, tedious, didnt pay enough and was just flat annoying
A great enviornment and experiance for young workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 January 2017
Working at the Source teaches you how to be able to sell products confidently and with passion. You develop many skills to be able to target customers in to easily buying more than what they came in looking for. Everyone is friendly and ready to help each other out as well.
Pros
Commissions
Amazing
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 December 2016
It provided a fun environment. Co workers were also very sweet and kind as well as the managers they were extremely caring and understanding. Flexible hours.
Pros
Breaks were good
Great experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2016
Amazing time so far great people and always something new going on to keep things interesting. Learning so many things that can be applied to everyday life and more.