The Source Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The Worst of Bell
Cellular Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Squamish, BCJune 29, 2015
Pros: good shifts hours, convenient location
Cons: everything else you can imagine, inappropriate selling techniques, lack of ethics
The manager made excessive bad decisions, made daily miscommunication, had a bad memory, contradicted himself constantly, and did not have the store running to company standard which finally got corrected by the manager that replaced him. Beyond all that, it is commission-based and creates resentment when there is not enough traffic into the store, the priority is selling, not getting customers what is best for them, but getting them whatever Bell wants to shove out the door on them. I do not recommend this company to anyone unless they are aggressive and like forcing things on people for their own benefit, which will be rewarded by superiors who feed that mentality at the higher levels, and they do not provide the tools to be effective at giving them the sales they demand of you. Pass and go for Best Buy if you have a soul.
Stressful job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: short hours
I used to work as a Sales Associate/ Cashier, where I can help costumers to find what they looking for. It was stressful because it wasn't busy and everyone has a daily goal.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), pickering centreJune 13, 2015
pretty great place to werk. flexible in the way they treat their employees. didnt try to unnecessarily pressure you and allowed you to excel at your own comfortability.
Good retail level position
Sales Associate (Former Employee), FrederictonJune 12, 2015
Pros: Decent discount on select merchandise, Interaction with the public
Cons: Harsh Sales Goals, Pressure, Interaction with the public
The Source will keep you very busy, if you are an active person you will have no problems keeping occupied. Sales goals are a little harsh at times. Good potential to earn higher wage.
First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 5, 2015
It was my first job in Canada and I learnt how to work in Canadian work environment. I am thankful to my boss who gave me this opportunity.
Starts out great, then the pressure kicks in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2015
Pros: Good commission rates, flexible hours
Cons: A lot of pressure from Management as a result of higher ups pressuring them.
Being owned by Bell, there is a lot of pressure from management to sell Bell services. If you can sell them, you're going to have a great time. If you cannot they'll replace you with someone who can. This creates a lot of tension between the associates and management, particularly the associates who currently are not on track to meet quotas. Which would be the hardest part of the job, a lot of the quotas are reasonable but setting a stretch goal and not being able to make it, then getting negative feedback opposed to positive reinforcement for meeting your initial quota is not fun. Typically people come in for small things like batteries or various cords for their electronics and you are expected to turn that sale in a sale for bell services (residential or mobile) or at the very least, up sell them with current promotions. Co-workers are nice to one another, there can be arguments at times regarding stealing sales which the manager quells the best he can. The most enjoyable part the job would have to be after closing the store, my co-workers and I would generally go out to get something to eat if we all had the time to do so.
Great management at the St. Albert location, nice working conditions
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great working environment in general
Cons: Difficult sales expectations
I worked with several friends as sales associates which helped to create a family type working environment. Management was friendly and always on the ball. Great job for sharpening social skills, especially when approaching strangers. Probably met and conversed with every type of person in my time there. Competition for sales kept things interesting.
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 18, 2015
The people and skills you learn better improve yourself. the only downside was the people who you help are not very polite
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMay 12, 2015
Pros: It can be fun.
Cons: Crabby customers which is retail for you. Satellite TV that no one wants
Helping customers find electronic gadgets. Cleaning and putting out stock. Keeping your section of the store clean. Answering the phone and e-mailing people. Selling cell phones and satellite tv for Bell/Virgin. It's a typical retail environment but if you're good you can make good commission.
fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: fair break hour
Cons: long hours
working at food chain store or pharmacy involved operating cash registers, stocking, managing cash, continues interaction with customers and co-workers for a better and quality customer service. scanning product, find the right products codes if missing by communicating with other co-workers at different department.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMay 8, 2015
good place to work, friendly staff and managers, lots of job opportunities within the company. able to work up the company latter
Easy money, fun place to work
Sales Associate Part Time (Current Employee), WinnipegMay 6, 2015
Pros: friendly people, easy money
Cons: standing for long periods of time
customer service type of environment
mostly electronics
competitive
selling phones to people probably the hardest
great people
good place to work if you like electronics
Valued Learning Experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABApril 28, 2015
Pros: Sales opportunities
Cons: Not enough hours
Was hired onto the team as a seasonal associate between semesters over the summer. As previously stated, it was a valued learning experience.
Not a great place to work
Many different positions (Former Employee), Niagara RegionApril 20, 2015
Pros: Discount on cellular and home services
Cons: Everything else
Expect to live and breathe The Source. A typical day is to sell cellular and home services, warranties and everything else you can possibly talk the customer into buying. Yes, you are being tracked on your sales, and no it doesn't matter if it's busy or not. Typical corporate sales culture; if that 90 year old lady comes into the store, you better be talking her into high-speed internet and a Galaxy S6 on a high end data plan, with a warranty, and screen protector, and case, and car charger, and screen cleaner, and a USB, and some batteries with a warranty. My coworkers were awesome, and the best part of the job by far. They were the only reason I worked there for any length of time.
Key Holder (Former Employee), Orangeville ontApril 16, 2015
Working at the Source was a eye opener to the technology world it was my first job in that field and with the training provided and the goals achieved it has opened up endless oppourtunitys for me
Horrible Management, Horrible costumer service, STAY AWAY
Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Manger (Former Employee), St catharinesApril 8, 2015
Pros: zero pros
Cons: underpaid, horrible management, unprofessionalism, ZERO costumer serice
If you LOVE being taken advantage of for minimum wage and LOVE shoving cell phone sales down costumers throats for pennies, then The Source is the place for you!!

I worked for The Source for over 6 months. Within my first month I was 2nd in command. They hired me telling me I would receive full time, then told me no one is hired on full time, that I MAY get full time hours but my title will always be part-time, which prevents you from ever getting full benefits. But they make sure and give you enough hours where you need to be totally devoted to them leaving you no time for finding a second job let alone school or family.

Over the next three months, my check was shorted on numerous occasions, my "spiffs" (commission) was inaccurate and I realized, that even though I work for "The Source" at the end of the day, the company is still owned by BELL, which explains a lot.

Near the end of my three months my manager was fired, and my location was being closed down with NO notice to anyone, no notice to staff and NO notice to costumers, literally at the end of a shift they came in and said that our doors were closed for business permanently. They made me manager of that location so I could handle the closing procedures. They left me with ZERO staff and ZERO assistance in closing the stores.

I had worked for the company for under 3 months and was being left alone to pack and ship out 100's of thousands of dollars of product throughout the district and to head office. Take down displays, climbing 20ft ladders by myself, taking apart the POSs, EVERYHTING. I asked my district – more... manager for help and he came for 2 hours one day of the three weeks I was there. I continued in hopes they would make me full time, or a manager in training at the new location I would be sent too,but more empty promises and no recognition for anything.

I continued at the new location for a few more months where they hired a barista as a manager in training and when he told me my pants were to small in all the right places, I gave my 2 weeks and QUIT. It was the greatest feeling of all time. I still have the keys to the store I closed because of they're stupidity and unprofessionalism.

STAY AWAY!!!!! – less
Fun workplace!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: I work to much
The best part of my job is my co-workers and my customers. They make everyday fun. The hardest part of my job is the amount of hours I work.
Great place to do your field placement
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Lots of growth options
Cons: Somewhat Repetitive tasks
I did not work long for The Source, it was a great place to do my field placement as part of my education. I enjoyed my time while working for The Source as it gave me an inside knowledge on how the retail industry works.
Relaxed but goal-oriented work environment
Sales (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 30, 2015
The priorities of the source are:
Cell phones sales
Home service sales
Customer Service
Company culture (keeping presentable)
Poor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 23, 2015
I didn't really enjoy this job because the manager had no idea on how to run the store and handle difficult situations and assist on sales.
I'd say and so does the General Manager of The Source that I had way more experience and knowledge about the store than I did.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Source

As one of Canada’s leading Consumer Electronics and Wireless retailers with 650+ locations across Canada, The Source provides – Read more