The Source Employee Reviews

Great job, Great people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 February 2017
While employed as a Customer Service Representative at The Source , I learned how to be a team player, as well as a punctual salesman. I used my time management skills to receive stock when I wasn't needed on the sales floor. A successful sale always led to a good day. Which happened to be both the hardest , and most enjoyable parts of the job. Working for The Source I learned the importance of caring for one another .
Pros
Good sales training methods
Cons
Not enough stock space
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC11 March 2017
I was always happy to come to work. My coworkers were like family to me. I always had fun at work. I learned so much from the 3 guys i worked with and especially from my boss.

It started out as a seasonal job but my manager decided to keep me for after the season ended because he believed I was capable of succeeding in the business as not only as an employer but part of their family. It was always a great day at work.

The hardest part of the job was memorizing all of the information that was crammed in our brain, but the most enjoyable part of the job was just going to work and to know I was going to make a sale and a friend.
Pros
Co workers, free bonus lunches
Cons
leaving.
Energetic environment especially during holiday season
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 February 2017
I was taken in as a seasonal employee to stock shelves and maintain order on the sales floor. When my interpersonal skills were noticed by the manager I was quickly moved from stocking to helping any and ever customer that walked in. As well I was being mentored by the assistant manager to cash customers out and improve their overall experience in the store.
Interacting with the customers was the most enjoyable part, especially when I was able to meet their every need.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Unsteady Hours
They need to listen to their employies more
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 February 2017
they need to learn to listen to their employies more and not blindly trust one manager over the rest of the staff. They also will force you to sell phone plans to meet the quoda, and that will pressure you to pressure customers to get phones when you know they didn't come in for a phone and would be much happier leaving without one.
Pros
fun customers
Cons
being forced to sell phone plans
Terrible company culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Terrible upper management.
No real process for onboarding.
Interview process was filled with lies about the state of the company and their employees.
No real direction (throw things at the wall and see what sticks).
Very subjective way of viewing their employees.
Favouritism is evident.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts on bell products
Cons
terrible company culture, wants "yes man/woman", no support
Great if you rock at sales
Sales Associate, part time (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 January 2017
If you enjoy sales, this is the job for you. You are rewarded both financially (commission) and socially, if you make the sale.

The people you work with are generally alright. Usually in the 17-25 yr age group.

Management is pretty cool, they are flexible and you can occasionally get a weekend off.
Pros
Commission, location, staff discount
Cons
Mostly weekends, minimum wage
Terrible Company, Terrible Pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario3 March 2017
Do not work here! I'm so upset I put so much time and effort into a place the claims to be family oriented and have a good work/life balance. Managers, Assistant Managers couldn't keep their jobs. Constantly replacing people or moving them to new locations without notice. Completely discriminatory against family life(having children, daycare etc), several female managers lost their jobs due to taking maternity leaves and trying to manage a work life balance that the company does not support. This led to termination of all female managers in my district, once they all passed the 6 months period from maternity leave. If you're a single male with no life, and don't mind terrible pay for high expectations, then this is for you!
Pros
Great customers, Great staff
Cons
Terrible pay, Terrible upper Management, lack of support, All about the sales
good job and life balance as the schedule is flexible
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2017
good job and life balance as the schedule is flexible
seen co-workers fighting for sales
management is motivating
hardest part occurs only if you have no experience in customer talking and tackling
most enjoyable part is that the learning atmosphere is good, if you make friends there
Pros
flexible hours
A great enviornment and experiance for young workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 January 2017
Working at the Source teaches you how to be able to sell products confidently and with passion. You develop many skills to be able to target customers in to easily buying more than what they came in looking for. Everyone is friendly and ready to help each other out as well.
Pros
Commissions
Great flexibility
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
I worked here over 5 years ago but it was nice because of the flexibility of the scheduling. If I needed a day off I was able to switch it a week in advance. I really liked being able to see all the new technology as it was coming out.
Pros
flexibility, tech savy interests
Cons
long hours if you were alone
The customers tend to be very nice!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON21 November 2016
We often spend time helping customers figure out how to use their electronics or setting up their phones. I have learned so much about electronics and I really enjoy helping people understand their electronics. The most enjoyable part is helping customers and they tell you that you are very nice for helping them!
A wonderful Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 November 2016
I loved this job and miss it very much. The manager was absolutely amazing and so was the staff. I learnt about how to run a store and how to train other new managers for their own stores. The hardest part of the job was leaving actually and the best part of the job was how wonderful the team worked together.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The buy over from bell
Not bad at all.. i dony know why everyone is complaining
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2016
Honestly, the job is not bad. It just depends on what location you work at. Every employee has access to the sales of other associates from different locations in their district. I would recommend going to the busier locations if you want to make commission. Have a solid pitch for warranty and you'll be making lots of money just from that. Add in 3-4 phone activations, you'll have quite a pay cheque. If you are able to build relationships with the regulars they can be a good source of income for you as they refer you to their friends and family. Management can be wonky at times. The wort part of this job is the days where you do inventory, store set ups, changing prices day before new sales and checking prices. other than that, you could make a pretty good wage as a part time student especially if you work on busier days like the weekends.
Low stress Sales Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 March 2017
Good place to work for sales associates, not a place to build a career. Basic wage and beats flipping burgers, plus the potential to make up to ~24$ and hour during Xmas time! Good place to learn alot if you see the value
Pros
Comission
Cons
No real advancement
Was boring annoying and tedious
Flyer Delivery (Former Employee) –  Thunder bay ON6 January 2017
Don't do it it's really not wasting hours on this low paying job, it's really not a good pay I stopped as soon as I can and I hope people realize it's not enjoyable
Pros
Cons
Took to long, to much energy, tedious, didnt pay enough and was just flat annoying
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
Fun to work at. You get to meet different people everyday from different works of life. The Source has a decent commission structure for the sales associates. However, the working schedules could be better since they were really inconsistent.
exellent enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME) (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 January 2017
Busy learning about all the new products, I learned about team work and the importance of good customer service. Great communication with co-workers make job so much easier.
Pros
Access to the newst in terms of cellphones
Cons
Not good pay
very fun and exciting
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB8 October 2016
everyday was thrill. working with long time friends made every moment enjoyable. the hardest part of working at the source was not the people I worked with nor the customers, leaving the store was the hardest part.
Pros
employee discounts, spectacular managment, positive environment
Cons
no place to sit on breaks made working 8 to 10 hour shifts almost
Best commission structure in Alberta in retail
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 January 2017
You easily make $10 more every hour if you are willing to sell. That's all you gotta do. Great health benefits, health and safety top notch, just keep up with your management team and you will succeed :)
Challenging but rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Acton, ON3 February 2017
To succeed at this job you must put the effort in to ask questions but also take the initiative to learn on your own. You must be able to remain motivated and be willing to put your full effort into satisfying customer needs.